PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use Class Construction?

Azernak0
2012-12-24, 01:26 AM
Exactly what it says in the subject. I was just sent it over e-mail and it seems like a decent way to gauge power of a class. However, I can already see some problems with it. IE, 6 crappy abilities costs more than 1 massive ability (Wildshape costs 20 and the Monk's assortment of crap would cost over 30).

Anyone ever use it to gauge the strength of a class that was created?

Rogue Shadows
2012-12-24, 01:56 AM
Exactly what it says in the subject. I was just sent it over e-mail and it seems like a decent way to gauge power of a class. However, I can already see some problems with it. IE, 6 crappy abilities costs more than 1 massive ability (Wildshape costs 20 and the Monk's assortment of crap would cost over 30).

I have never even heard of this. What is it? Do you have a link?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-12-24, 02:33 AM

No, because the guidelines are mediocre at best, and that's giving them more credit then they deserve. Numerical analysis of a class's features are no substitute for actual design experience and gameplay knowledge, especially since numerical analysis of classes almost always undervalues versatility.

Temotei
2012-12-24, 03:10 AM
No, because the guidelines are mediocre at best, and that's giving them more credit then they deserve. Numerical analysis of a class's features are no substitute for actual design experience and gameplay knowledge, especially since numerical analysis of classes almost always undervalues versatility.

Agreed. I think this is the general consensus on that system and any like it.