PDA

View Full Version : In search of a weapon...

Kerilstrasz
2012-12-24, 12:10 PM
well..
i need your help find a weapon...
let me share what i need it to be/do...

has to be 1 hand, let me use finesse on it, have a crit 18-20 or more
slashing or piercing, be or count as light for concealment has base dmg
of 1d6 or more and be able to hold a wand socket.

i thought of rapier, but its a bit large i think for concealment
then there's kukri but it's 1d4 but i don't know if is large enough for the socket..

i'd like an unusual weapon with that stats.. dunno smthing out of PhB...

thnx for your help :)

PS: the weapon is going to be used by a 3 Fighter (thug variant/SA variant)
2 Ninja / 1 Assassin (dont comment the build plz ) :)

Keynub
2012-12-24, 12:19 PM
If you're an elf, you could use an Elven Lightblade (Complete Warrior 154). If you're a non-elf too, but Exotic Weapon Proficiency would be required.

Brock Samson
2012-12-24, 12:21 PM
So..... Scimitar.

And yes there is a decent chance a kukri could be large enough for a wand chamber. Just fluff that you bought a rather large one (not mechanically Large, just large).

Mithril Leaf
2012-12-24, 12:24 PM
You could make a Hideaway (from Magic Item Compendium) rapier.

Ryulin18
2012-12-24, 12:28 PM
Crescent Blade - Doesn't have your 18-20 crit range, but does have two attacks per roll. Favoured by min maxers of sneak attack - Dragon mag #275 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/39900718/d20-D-amp-D-New-Exotic-Weapons-Dragon-Magazine-275)

Elven thin blade - 18-20 crit range, x2 crit and 1d8 damage. Exotic weapon. Sort of like a rapier. - Same link as above

Those are my immediate thoughts. I'll float around a bit and see

Certified
2012-12-24, 01:58 PM
There's always the urumi from ultimate Combat.

Ashtagon
2012-12-24, 04:16 PM
There's always the urumi from ultimate Combat.

Common sense says an urumi shouldn't be able to hold a wand inside it. Does the GM subscribe to common sense or RAW? And what does RAW say about it?

Certified
2012-12-24, 04:18 PM
Common sense says an urumi shouldn't be able to hold a wand inside it. Does the GM subscribe to common sense or RAW? And what does RAW say about it?

This is why you make your wand out of rubber tree. :smallbiggrin:

Kerilstrasz
2012-12-25, 07:04 AM
Ok lets see...
till this point i like 2 weapons...
elven lightblade
and crescent blade
in the picture of the latest though i doubt if i can fit a wand in it..
el.Lblade is light easy concealable with all the stats i d like...

so i prolly stay with that...
let me ask smthing else now.. is there a material (metal or alloy) that
would increase its crt threat or its multiplier?

2nd)
im going to use the skill trick Hidden blade from CSco pg 87...
bare with me on this... i have my weap concealed, i use the trick and
make an attck while target FFed... can i then reconceal my weap and
do it all over again in the same fight? or now he knows about the weap
although he cant see it?

Bagger
2012-12-25, 07:13 AM
So..... Scimitar.

And yes there is a decent chance a kukri could be large enough for a wand chamber. Just fluff that you bought a rather large one (not mechanically Large, just large).

you cant finesse on a scimitar mate, its not a light weapon.

unless you make it feycrafted (+1500g) which make it count as a light weapon and remove ½ of the weight.

TuggyNE
2012-12-25, 06:53 PM
let me ask smthing else now.. is there a material (metal or alloy) that
would increase its crt threat or its multiplier?

Kaorti Resin. Requires EWP and occasional access to evil extraplanar beings who want nothing more than to kill you, so may be a mite tricky.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-25, 07:00 PM
Kaorti Resin. Requires EWP and occasional access to evil extraplanar beings who want nothing more than to kill you, so may be a mite tricky.

Actually, if it's a +1 or better weapon it doesn't require any maintenance at all.

Kaorti Resin (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a) for those interested.

Spend a single EWP feat to use a Kaorti Resin Elven Lightblade, it will deal 1d6 with an 18-20/x4 crit. That feat won't make you proficient in an Elven Lightblade made of any other material. However, if you take the feat Improved Weapon Familiarity (CW) with an Elf you get to treat any weapon with Elf/Elven in the name as a martial weapon. With that any Elven Lightblade, even one of Kaorti Resin, will be considered a martial weapon for purposes of whether or not you're proficient with it. Get a level in anything that grants proficiency in all martial weapons and you're good.

The Viscount
2012-12-25, 07:50 PM
Cutlass from Stormwrack fulfills the requirements as well.

You cannot pull the Hidden Blade trick again because skill tricks are limited to once per encounter. However if you went Uncanny Trickster, you could use it twice per encounter.

Deophaun
2012-12-25, 07:57 PM
im going to use the skill trick Hidden blade from CSco pg 87... can i then reconceal my weap and do it all over again in the same fight?
You can only use a skill trick once per encounter.

Flickerdart
2012-12-25, 07:58 PM
bare with me on this... i have my weap concealed, i use the trick and
make an attck while target FFed... can i then reconceal my weap and
do it all over again in the same fight? or now he knows about the weap
although he cant see it?
Skill tricks are 1/encounter, so it doesn't matter. If you got some way to use skill tricks more than once per encounter, then this would still be an awful tactic, because it takes a standard action to conceal a weapon. Whether or not the item is successfully hidden depends on the Spot check of the enemy - it doesn't matter if he knows you have a concealed weapon for the purposes of the skill trick.