PDA

View Full Version : Reach & Island of Blades

Sziget Pengék
2012-12-24, 11:08 PM
Island of Blades: If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, the two of you gain the benefit for flanking that opponent. You can gain this benefit against multiple opponents at the same time, as can your allies. If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same two creatures, the two of you gain the benefit of flanking against both creatures.

Does adjacent mean threatened squares, or is it more literal? I want to use a spiked chain and this is something i need to work out.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-12-24, 11:22 PM
Does adjacent mean threatened squares, or is it more literal? I want to use a spiked chain and this is something i need to work out.

Adjacent does indeed mean that you're occupying a 5ft square directly next to a 5ft square occupied by your opponent (or part of your opponent, in the case of larger creatures).

herrhauptmann
2012-12-24, 11:26 PM
Island of Blades: If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, the two of you gain the benefit for flanking that opponent. You can gain this benefit against multiple opponents at the same time, as can your allies. If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same two creatures, the two of you gain the benefit of flanking against both creatures.

Yeah, you gotta be within punching range of a human commoner (adjacent squares) but if you've got reach, vexing/adaptable flanker (phb2?) will get you both the flank benefit when nonadjacent. It's also an extra +2 when flanking.

Sziget Pengék
2012-12-24, 11:31 PM
Yeah, you gotta be within punching range of a human commoner (adjacent squares) but if you've got reach, vexing/adaptable flanker (phb2?) will get you both the flank benefit when nonadjacent. It's also an extra +2 when flanking.

wow, if i wasnt already feated out i would be so into that, definitely using those in a future build. Chain fighting shadowhand swordsage rogue? i think yes.

Sziget Pengék
2012-12-24, 11:34 PM
Adjacent does indeed mean that you're occupying a 5ft square directly next to a 5ft square occupied by your opponent (or part of your opponent, in the case of larger creatures).

Thanks. Tis a shame, but with distracting ember this still means that i can flank a group by myself haha.