PDA

View Full Version : Dm QUestion: Shadow adept vs other worlds

silverwolfer
2012-12-25, 02:38 PM
So if your hopping around the universe going from faerun into things like greyhawk or eberron , an someone was a shadow adept, would you allow there feats to stack to affect magic users of those realms, or would you say they can no longer work magic, because the shadow weave is not in those realms.

Arcanist
2012-12-25, 02:43 PM
I recall spelljammar stating that all Crystal Spheres had a Weave of sort, but Abier-Toril is special in that it also has a Shadow Weave... Personally, I would allow the Shadow Adapt to constantly carry a tiny portion of the Shadow Weaves powers with them so that they can cast Shadow Magic on All Chrystal Spheres.

Flickerdart
2012-12-25, 04:48 PM
I would imagine that a Shadow Adept would just tap into the Plane of Shadows on those realms that don't have a Shadow Weave (since those don't, technically, have a regular Weave either), or alternatively use energy from whatever god would be most fitting as a Shar substitute.

Rubik
2012-12-25, 04:55 PM
I would imagine that a Shadow Adept would just tap into the Plane of Shadows on those realms that don't have a Shadow Weave (since those don't, technically, have a regular Weave either), or alternatively use energy from whatever god would be most fitting as a Shar substitute.Hmm. Shinaa the Shadow Adept Plane Shifts and suddenly he's pulling from The Burning Hate.

Crisis of faith, or immediate insanity?

Flickerdart
2012-12-25, 05:43 PM
I imagine it's more like visiting a foreign country, where you have to register with the local embassy and fill out a bunch of papers at the border. Except, you know. Metaphysically.

Pelor is an awful fit for a replacement, anyway. Wee Jaw or Boccob would be much closer.