PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Higher

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Lykan
2006-10-31, 08:07 PM
http://www.dominic-deegan.com/

The only comic that I've read that rivals OotS in sheer awesomeness and humor. Those susceptable to taking damage from puns, beware.

Madmal
2006-10-31, 09:56 PM
http://www.dominic-deegan.com/Those susceptable to taking damage from puns, beware.

:durkon: :So deadly...but so tasty!

Okay...maybe not the best quote for the moment, but it was the best i could came up with....

Dominic is awesome, as well as Spark, Qu*spoiler-filter* and Runcible Spoon; the others are pretty good too, but this are favourites...

one exception to the above: Ce*Spoiler-filter*...Why did he had to *spoiler-filter*

Lykan
2006-10-31, 10:26 PM
Spoiler tags added. Besides, I'm not sure you'd be giving anything away by saying Quilt or Celesto...

Yes... He's defenetly a perfect villain. The Misled Hero...

And the infernomancer is awesome in his own right. Can't quite place why, he just is.

Madmal
2006-10-31, 11:17 PM
Which infernomancer? Karnak's, or one of the others?

Lykan
2006-11-01, 12:12 AM
Which infernomancer? Karnak's, or one of the others?

Yeah, Karnak's... He's the only one without a given name...

Nerd-o-rama
2006-11-01, 12:39 AM
Actually, Baaleth's Inferno-seer wasn't named either.

I thoroughly enjoy DD. The jokes are good, the characters are interesting and relateable, and its only major flaws are in some of its plotting and occasionally the artwork, which manages to sometimes be quite vague without the intentional minimalism of other simple-art strips.

Sorry if I sound pretentious, the big words just start coming out when I'm tired.

Lykan
2006-11-01, 11:55 AM
Meh, I thought the only issue was the incredible amout of deus ex machina...

Though it's done in a sense where it's not actually annoying, so whatever. Still rocks.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-11-01, 12:53 PM
Know why I like this story so much?

Luna and Dominic are just like me and mine. So goddamn freaky.

This (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-10-29) comic in particular totally sounds like a conversation I would have with at some point. XP

Moechi_Vill
2006-11-05, 01:50 PM
I stopped reading nearly/about two years ago when I got to the part in the archives that was all epic, and epic and uberepic. I guess my interest started declining when he got with the orki-nice lady what was her name again? It was far too obvious in the coming and the romance made it unbearable, perhaps if she had remained a friend. In ways it works out but it's far too much a plug or the author's values even if it's subconcious. But the killer was the epic plot. Blech..

other then that
loveable! ;^_= 's great and fantastic, super drawings, good rhythm and blues and plot and 'sbam!
too much morality
decreased punnage when epic is on (ewww)
punnage is l337! in Dominic Deegan anyway

pluss I miss his villagers

what's the use of Oracle for Hire if he never does the kind of thankless thing or at least his job all the time? It should be Oracle for Hire for Epic Quests/Tasks except in vacation-time (between plot lines).

FLAME AWAY 'cept at my grammar, then you can CLICK MY LINK.

Oh PS: I do love Dominic, he's a good guy! :)

Saithis Bladewing
2006-11-05, 07:22 PM
and the romance made it unbearable,

Funny, I've found it to be some of the only romance I'm capable of stomaching. :P

Ego Slayer
2006-11-05, 11:56 PM
I still haven't caught up on it. I'm still at the Battle for Barthis part... I really like it though. ^_^

^: Agreed.

On their forums I saw an "Adghar" I wonder if its our guy.. heh

Lykan
2006-11-06, 12:37 AM
I saw Elflad there... That was the only person I recognized...

Hehe... On a different subject, one of my cats acts almost exactly like Spark.

'Cept she doesn't talk. And is a she. That's just about it, though.

Moechi_Vill
2006-11-06, 01:16 AM
Ah.. the cat, good character that.

Lykan
2006-11-06, 12:53 PM
And I'm also gonna say that Mr. Deegan is sort of like my da... Just for the sake that they both make horrible jokes, at bad moments.

:annoyed:

ElfLad
2006-11-06, 02:24 PM
I saw Elflad there... That was the only person I recognized...

I checked. The Dominic Deegan forums don't have a user named ElfLad.

They do have a devilishly clever user named Legendary, though.

Lykan
2006-11-06, 02:40 PM

Well, I meant YOU were there. Not nesesarily your name. :tongue:

Ego Slayer
2006-11-07, 04:42 PM
Any ideas on the ages of Dominic and Luna?

I just finished the War in Hell part. That was certainly interesting.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-11-07, 04:42 PM
Luna seems mid-late twenties, Dominic seems late twenties or early thirties. But who knows, I don't. Can never tell for sure.

Lykan
2006-11-07, 05:12 PM
Well, whenever they refer to something that looks like it happened "10 years ago", they (the Deegans) always look like little kids... I'd say Domin's in his early to mid twenties. Probably the same with Luna.

Ravyn
2006-11-07, 07:35 PM
Best. Webcomic. Out there.

I read from the beginning to about midway through the War in Hell subplot in one sitting one night last summer, and... well, I was raised as a punslinger so I love the wordplay, and it's the only series I've ever read that's given me book-level immersion.

I'm glad Mookie's taking a break from the epicness right now, either way. Only so many ways to save the world, and it makes it that much more interesting when it is fate of the world-level stuff. And I love the look on his face when told "All right, we'll take care of ourselves from here"...

Madmal
2006-11-08, 01:16 PM
I saw nothing. Bumper sucks. Gimme fish.

That line is definately going in my "I always wanted to say that" list...

Lykan
2006-11-08, 01:36 PM
That line is definately going in my "I always wanted to say that" list...
That is one of the best lines in any webcomic... Another is the "coefficient of friction" joke with Quilt... :amused:

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-11-09, 12:55 AM
Heh, one of my favorite lines is "Sorry, Spark, the testimony of talking animals isn't admissible", because...hehe, it's even funnier out of context :p

Pester
2006-11-09, 10:22 AM
Dominic Deegan is pretty awesome. I once nearly convinced a DM to let me make a Quipping Bard variant (puns doing subdual damage and such), based on this (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2005-05-14) comic. :D

DaMullet
2006-11-09, 08:05 PM
I heartily agree to all who enjoy the comic. I find the puns amusing without being overdone (although in certain instances a bit mal-placed) and all the romance doesn't detract from the humor. I do agree with Moechi_Vill (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=15482) and Ravyn on the points of "epic" being a key feature, almost annoyingly so. I mean, how many times can you really save the world? Sooner or later there's gonna be little else that can really threaten you.

Lykan
2006-11-09, 08:13 PM
They only really "save the world" once.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-11-09, 11:43 PM
Well, the War in Hell was on a similar scale, although they didn't really save anything. Since that came two rather short plotlines after the Storm of Souls, it seems to kind of irritate people.

Then again, I think War in Hell is a bit of an argument about the whole "power creep" issue that Moechi and others bring up - not only does it show a lot of baddies that are (apparently) out of the good guys' league - although most of them admittedly die from other reasons - the good guys almost completely botch what they're trying to do.

Lykan
2006-11-18, 03:40 PM
You gotta remember though, he does an 8 panel comic every day. Cut the guy some slack. :wink:

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-19, 10:17 AM
I like it. I like it a lot. The Sin City plot us a bit hard to follow as some of the characters look very similar, but otherwise its great.

Ridi Kulas
2006-11-21, 05:11 PM
It truly is a great comic. I like that it has taken a break from the epic story lines. They're good, but too many spoil the excitement. I also like that Dominic isn't in the current story. He's a great hero, but the side characters do need to be characterized more.

Khantalas
2006-11-24, 03:53 PM
Gregory Deegan Fan Club? Is there one?

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-25, 11:59 AM
Just started reading it through, and it's great.

"I'm a banker, how am I going to exorcise a demon? Threaten him with a tax audit? ..

"Begone demon, or be plagued with high interest rates!"

Ego Slayer
2006-11-25, 12:24 PM
Who's Adghar? Eeech, I don't like the word 'heh'. oh well :), I'm not Adghar though, not at all! really, st00pid name
Respect Adghar. For he is awesome. I think he's only on the MIRC chat now though.:smalltongue:

Khantalas
2006-11-26, 06:58 AM
"What are you gonna do to Jacob's zombies? Stare them into submission?"

Well, we all know what Dominic can do...

Callos_DeTerran
2006-11-28, 02:35 PM
Am I the only who feels that Jacob hasn't been seen in a long time? And I persanolly enjoyed the smaller plotlines of the War in Hell and Visions of Doom. Why Visions of Doom? Because it wasn't epic and showed Dominic could be beaten...pretty easily in fact if someone gets close enough to hit him.

And I loved the War in Hell, mostly because they couldn't really affect it at all, only its side effects in their world. Not to mention the fact that they didn't really 'win' that plotline, Karnak did which can't be a good thing. Plus the two characters who came back at the very end of it only made it all the sweeter. Didn't like the fact that Big S was sent to hell though. Didn't like that at all.

Adghar
2006-11-28, 03:51 PM
I'm not Adghar though, not at all! really, st00pid name

Thanks for the critique!

Respect Adghar. For he is awesome. I think he's only on the MIRC chat now though.:smalltongue:

And even then, some arbitrarily generated but high percentage of the time I'm just idling.

I do lurk here, the NPF, and the DD forums, though.

Khantalas
2006-11-30, 06:16 AM
Shameless link to a fan-made Ciarenni's Fifth Symphony. (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=82554&sid=d3987ee7ce8760bf327cb2ad2f921167)

PePe QuiCoSE
2006-12-04, 08:13 AM
i found disappointed when jacob joined the chaotic guys and played no role at all. Just placed a golem which did nothing but fight a bit with jacob's dad and then join the good guys. Not what i expected from how the comic began being jacob one big bad guy how did nasty things just for kicks (like wearing some guy's skin).
And also, wasn't fond enough in having dominic being that powerful (and then celesto) being a seer. Expected that being a seer his power would came from guessing the future and acting accordingly, allowing him with his ok power to beat bigger guys.
Then, at the beginning when the mob tries to lynch him, i actually expected him to deluse, or make dissensions between them revealing their lies among themselves, rather than just scaring them away.

Also, i'm not a fan of puns... oh boy...

that said, pretty good comic, liked the overall storyline of elmecca and most of how was done .

pita
2006-12-04, 02:07 PM
I remember when Siggy died. Man were the forums full of "I hate you and dominic deegan and I am going to bomb the Statue of Liberty all because of you". It overdid funny. Me in the beginning :elan:. Me at the end :nale:. Yes, I grew a beard at the time. Yes, I'm aware of my age. Yes, I think I take drugs. Don't remember.
Also, I hate puns, and I believe they are the "stupid man's humor".

faerwain
2006-12-04, 06:07 PM

And then there's also this guy who made a fanart. Who somehow manages to have the same name which coincidentally appears at this Legendary guy's webcomic, to which you for some strange reason have a banner in your sig....These strrrrange unexplainable events...The fanart is Oots-style also.:smalleek:
Fox Mulder, where are you? :smalltongue:

Absolutely like it, perfect balance between humour, puns(which he at least does with self-irony), epic and darkness.(Quite some nasty scenes he paints). I'm not happy with everything, Battle for Barthis was mixed with me, great scenes and things I didn't like. And somehow I don't really get warm with Quilt.
Started reading late and went to the whole archive, and best compliment I can make him is that I was so absorbed in the story that I didn't notice the change in the art.

PS. Had some short looks at the forum, don't think I would really like it there. But we have long signatures here ?! :smallbiggrin:

Tiako
2006-12-05, 03:30 PM
I like Dominic Deegan, but for a comicn so focused on character, I am irritaed at the total lack of character complexity. Are you evil? Then you are racist, sexist and jerkish. Are you good? Then you embrace all the liberal virtues, and are a model human being.

Khantalas
2006-12-05, 03:43 PM
Wasn't Siggy racist and jerkish, while Celeste (or was it Celesto) was a model human being who embraced all liberal virtues?

Tiako
2006-12-05, 05:57 PM
Wasn't Siggy racist and jerkish, while Celeste (or was it Celesto) was a model human being who embraced all liberal virtues?
Siggy was hardly what anyone would call a good guy. He was the epitome of the police bully, and the common cliche of the character who is so absorbed the the quest to hunt out evil that he himself becomes evil. Very, very occasionally he will do things that aren't bad (Such as the Barthis stuff), but for the rest of the comic he is a bully.

Celesto started out as a complex character, and was my favorite for a time. But then he started becoming so nasty that all that complexity was just washed away. He began as a complex character, but became simplified quickly.

I'll preempt some others:

Stunt and Bumper: They started out as great characters, but then they gravitated towards simplifications, so that Bumper was incredibly virtuous while Stunt was a sexist, racist, cruel and greedy man.

Szark: Yeah, I don't really see any bad whatsoever in him. Those duels were done under enchantment, so that his worst crime was not saving an evil person.

I like the comic, but more complexity would be nice.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-12-08, 07:05 AM
I don't know...the conclusion of the latest arc (like, the last two comics) gave a lot of depth back to Stunt, I thought. He was just a jerk through most of it.

And the deal with Szark, though this was rather poorly explored, was that the demonic influence merely exacerbated his latent capacity for evil. This was back when Karnak was a clever manipulator, though, instead of Rambo....IN HELL!!, or...well, whatever the cliché way to refer to him now is.

And getting back to Celesto, his problem was that Mookie made him the antagonist for the Storm of Souls arc. While I enjoyed that one a lot more than some of the whinier readers, it still tossed out a lot of characterization and depth in favor of teh Epic Battlez.

Now Dominic, sadly, has lost a lot of his flaws/foibles over the course of the series. Hopefully, next storyline, he'll be back in business, and we get to see his cynicism and misanthropy come back a little bit.

Awesome.

EDIT: And Tiako, you're the second person in as many days I've confused with ElfLad. This is getting creepy.

Tiako
2006-12-10, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I am pleased with what Mookie did for Stunt recently, and I have hopes for Celesto reborn. I dearly hope that isn't just an author's inability to kill a character.

I also hope to see more of Jacob. I think that Mookie's greatest mistake was making Jacob's role in the Chosen vs. Barthis Round 1 not as a protector of the Deegans. I also forgot the first necromancer (His name escapes me), who is among my favorite characters because Mookie presents him superbly well (An homage to Bergman, perhaps?).

For Dominic, I just hope he starts smoking again. It fit his character and his art very well, and it emphasized the Dr. Who crossed with Sherlock Holmes aspect of his character.

EDIT: Well, Elflad made my avatar, so it's pretty understandable.

Khantalas
2006-12-11, 04:53 AM
Wait. Pure sugar candies isn't enough?

Saithis Bladewing
2006-12-11, 06:25 PM
I have a strong desire to see his pipe return too. It really fit his character, IMO.

ElfLad
2006-12-11, 06:30 PM
First necromancer is named Rilian.

I also desire the return of the corncob pipe.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 04:43 PM
Yeah! Bring back the pipe!

I noticed the lack of complexity, and I rarely even notice the blatantly obvious.

Sons of Wolves
2006-12-18, 03:38 AM
Is it wrong that I found this (http://dominic-deegan.com/comic.php?id=1414&save-as=20061218.gif) to be so freaking amusing? :tongue: :yuk:

Madmal
2006-12-18, 01:46 PM
Is it wrong that I found this (http://dominic-deegan.com/comic.php?id=1414&save-as=20061218.gif) to be so freaking amusing? :tongue: :yuk:

All right. That's it. After i puke my guts out, i'm telling mom that you ripped your face off.

According to MY definition of "freaking amusing"....

HELL NO!!:amused:

Khantalas
2006-12-18, 03:10 PM
It is hilarious rather than amusing. I mean, Jacob ripped off his arm. Again. And now he ripped some of his face off, too. Miranda's so gonna ground him for that.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-18, 05:05 PM
I don't find it particularly disgusting, but I really don't get the joke.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-12-18, 08:33 PM
1) Older brother rips a significant portion of his flesh from his bones, in what is obviously a bid for some of the darkest eldritch power known to the world.
2) Younger brother threatens to tattle to mom.

Maybe it's funnier if you have a little brother yourself.

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-19, 03:54 AM
Maybe it's funnier if you have a little brother yourself.

Or are a little brother.

The in-color picture of Jacob with his arm pegged to the table almost gave me nightmares... gaaah... :smalleek:

Lykan
2006-12-19, 07:56 AM
Or are a little brother.

The in-color picture of Jacob with his arm pegged to the table almost gave me nightmares... gaaah... :smalleek:

QFT...

Lightweight. :smallwink:

"Mooooommmy! Jacob's ripping his arm of agaaaiin!"

faerwain
2006-12-20, 07:13 AM
Yeah, that was sick - and funny.:smallbiggrin:

But for today's strip, the words "oh my goodness" come to my mind..what is this, veteran's convention!?!
Until now, Mookies' work was great enough that I'm optimistic something good will come out of it, but im normally against letting every villain return and return..especially altogether at once. Sometimes you just have to defeat one nemesis finally(like I thought Klo-Tark did with Celesto), or they stop being a threat and just get annoying.
(I think that's why the Joker dies in so many Batman Elseworlds - sometimes we want this conflict just to reach a solution, though of course the outcry would be immense if he would be killed in canon.)

Khantalas
2006-12-20, 09:12 AM
Celesto returns. Hell, everyone returns. Let's throw a party.

Question is, how did the infernomancer get his gauntlets back?

Madmal
2006-12-20, 11:15 AM
Yeah, that was sick - and funny.:smallbiggrin:

But for today's strip, the words "oh my goodness" come to my mind..what is this, veteran's convention!?!

it could be worse, the next one to return could be that berserker guy...'though that'll be a highly improbable scenario:smallconfused:

Jibar
2006-12-20, 03:12 PM
Celesto returns. Hell, everyone returns. Let's throw a party.

Question is, how did the infernomancer get his gauntlets back?

A party...

OF EVIL!

And after rereading Erossus, he kept one gauntlet. Miranda only took one.
She took the right by the way. I noticed that.
I'm perceptive.
Well...

Khantalas
2006-12-20, 03:15 PM
You dare call Celesto evil?

Burn in chaos, infidel!

Jibar
2006-12-20, 03:24 PM
I know he tried to point out the flaws with each side, but unfortunately Mookie had to make his champions and followers of Chaos evil in the Deegan world.
I know chaos isn't evil, but Celesto and the Chosen were.
I mean, come on, Celesto tried to kill Dominic quite a few times, have Luna killed and raped, have Sturtz raped, he killed Brent Braggerdy (he deserved it), and overall he assisted in the Chosen's attempt to basically destroy the world.
In the Deegan universe, that makes him evil.

Anyway, I liked Celesto. Only other (live) seer in the story so far.

Flabbicus
2006-12-20, 04:32 PM
And here I thought him being banished to the equivalent of the Far Realms would heavily mutate him, or at least, that's what I gathered when I saw the comic of Celesto being banished there and the Infernomancer making an appearance.

I hope Rilian makes an appearance again, he was pretty freakin cool.

EDIT: Looks like the wikipedia article says that he is still somewhat mutated, I guess he's just hiding it under his bandage and clothes.

OffSide7
2006-12-20, 04:51 PM
Are you kidding? This comic is awful! What on God's green earth makes anyone think alliteration is funny?! I've never laughed at it.

Also, it takes one gawdawful writer to constantly have characters die and have it only turn out to be an illusion. A character dying should be something that really grips the reader, and now I yawn and hope really hard that it's for real. Especially the main character, who is just unpleasant.

And by the way? He should stop making such a big deal about Luna's teeth if the explanation for her not wanting to alter them is so stupid.

Khantalas
2006-12-20, 04:54 PM
Alliteration is funny because Spark can find an alliteration in everything.

Jibar
2006-12-21, 03:02 AM
In Actuality, Alliterations Are Also An Actively Amazing Aspect.

Hehehe...

Anyway, I reckon it's good. Clever writing, nice characters, good story. Very enjoyable read, and thanks to his daily updates he can cover storylines quicker than other webcomics, yet still make them feel nice and big.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-12-21, 05:36 PM
In Actuality, Alliterations Are Also An Actively Amazing Aspect.

Hehehe...

Anyway, I reckon it's good. Clever writing, nice characters, good story. Very enjoyable read, and thanks to his daily updates he can cover storylines quicker than other webcomics, yet still make them feel nice and big.

Pssst. That's technically assonance. ;)

*Grabs a chunk of chocolate off Jibar, chomps it down and flees.*

Flabbicus
2006-12-21, 06:17 PM
By no means is it the most stellar peace of work I have seen on the internets, nor is his character, planar, or societal views. One thing he can do however, is make me hate a character, I hated Siegfried, and think he definately deserved to be sent to Hell, Karnak's intervention or not. (I just noticed that his last words to Dominic were exactly what he said to him after he beat the snot out of him the first time)

His art, to put it simply, looks like he doodled it during a class when he was bored. The way he draws the noses is a bit annoying (they're not supposed to come up from the chin!). Really the only reason I continue to read it is because the Infernomancer, Karnak Rilian, Klo Tark, and Jacob (even if he is an emo/goth/masochist).

I'll continue reading, even if it is only to see what the villains do.

Jibar
2006-12-22, 04:06 AM

Oh shush you. I just stole it off the Dominic Deegan wikipedia article.

Hey...where's my arse gone?

Kjata
2006-12-22, 05:35 AM
DD is pretty funny, with a good story, but if Siggy becomes good again, the elfd or Helixa comes back, any of the demons, the orc infernomancer with Stonewater, the other orc infernomancer or any other villain comes back, i WILL quit reading. Death is just about the only way to end a battle, methinks.

Penguinizer
2006-12-22, 08:32 AM
I like it.

ElfLad
2006-12-22, 09:42 AM
Sometimes you just have to defeat one nemesis finally(like I thought Klo-Tark did with Celesto)

Cause when a villain is banished to another dimension and not killed, they're always gone forever.

Khantalas
2006-12-22, 10:58 AM
And the writer of Legendary should know, cause no enemy dies in most of the console RPGs.

WarriorTribble
2006-12-23, 12:26 AM
Hmm... used to like it. Started disliking it after too many over the top DBZ like power up energy blast moments, with badly done almost campy epic plots. Now I only read it cause it's a few minutes of distraction everyday.

Jibar
2006-12-23, 07:23 AM
Cause when a villain is banished to another dimension and not killed, they're always gone forever.

That sounds awfully like somebody else I know... (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=061028)

Khantalas
2006-12-23, 10:39 AM
Actually, more like this (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=040318).

Tom_Violence
2006-12-24, 12:13 AM

*Grabs a chunk of chocolate off Jibar, chomps it down and flees.*

What's the difference again? I can never remember.

Dhavaer
2006-12-24, 02:20 AM
Alliteration = First syllable/letter.
Assonance = Middle syllable.
Rhyme = Last syllable.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-12-24, 02:50 PM
Alliteration only refers to consonant letters, though, most specifically the first letter of the word. Assonance refers to the repetition of vowel sounds in one or more words in the sentence.

Tom_Violence
2006-12-27, 12:06 AM
Ah, excellent. I used to think it was as Dhavaer had it, but I see now that that is not entirely accurate. My vault of near-useless knowledge grows ever larger!

Reptilius
2007-01-05, 10:08 PM
Ah...The Infernomancer. Why is he so unloved? Don't they now it's not nice to beat up blind people?

Penguinizer
2007-01-06, 01:46 AM
Mostly due to the fact that he kills people for fun, and why does he keep 2 spikes on the blindfold.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-01-06, 02:27 AM
Well, his eyes never heal anyway. Why not?

Also, Dominic's back to doing something almost like a regular job. Yay for ignored and inaccurate subtitles.

Khantalas
2007-01-06, 06:59 AM
"Curse you, Runcible Spoon!"

Ah, I had almost forgotten that one.

Madmal
2007-01-06, 03:26 PM
"Curse you, Runcible Spoon!"

that one's going right below "I saw nothing. Bumper sucks. gimme fish" on my list...:smallsmile:

Penguinizer
2007-01-06, 03:28 PM
I like the "Either he got away. Or he was pulverized by the sheer might of our attack!" one.

Madmal
2007-01-06, 03:33 PM
one day, i'll read all the webcomics i've read so far...and make a more acurate list...'cause i can remember that quote...

Penguinizer
2007-01-06, 03:34 PM
It is from the battle before the one in the storm of souls. Dont feel like going through and finding the greatest quotes.

ElfLad
2007-01-08, 03:28 AM
You know, I think "Higher" accurately describes the final panel of today's comic.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-01-08, 04:44 AM
^ Still not as bad as the puns in the strip

GeeVee
2007-01-13, 07:31 PM
Holy ****, I just spent the last twelve hours of my life reading this webcomic from start to finish...

Khantalas
2007-01-13, 07:34 PM
OhmygodMirandayouarehereearly.

Banana hammock.

Prostitution without sandwiches (?).

Black bra.

OK, what the hell is going on with out nice villain trio, anyway?

ElfLad
2007-01-13, 11:10 PM
They joined a commune and are currently growing a nice crop of hemp.

Jibar
2007-01-14, 03:10 AM
Truthfully though...I can believe Celesto would be doing that.
That's, ahmm...quite the Sunday art, don't ya think?

Green Bean
2007-01-14, 06:41 AM
"Brooms and shellfish, be not weak in the nose-face! Four times you must polish your apes! Four times you must shave a shoe!"

Awesomeness!

Khantalas
2007-02-07, 10:08 AM
"This one would hire monkeys. This one would get fired by monkeys. This one would create fire monkeys."

Being a seer isn't easy, you know.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-07, 01:41 PM
And naturally, the only two legitimate candidates are already-existing named characters. This obviously results from the same Law of Conservation of NPCs that got Nurse Pam elected mayor a couple storylines ago. Not that she's bad at it, but that was a completely ridiculous outcome, and this...since when do researchers get promoted to the top of the admin chain in one shot?

Khantalas
2007-02-07, 02:34 PM
Since they're friends/relatvies with the male lead.

Although, I would like for someone else to get to run the place. Like, Dejah. Or possibly Quilt.

Can you imagine Quilt running the place?

ElfLad
2007-02-07, 05:52 PM
I just love how everybody would either run the school completely into the ground or bring the school to new heights.

And by "just love," I mean, "think it's weak, contrived storytelling designed to get a simple solution by defying any sense of logic and/or reasoning."

It's almost like there's no such thing as middle ground, and the only good people at the school are two people who Luna works with.

And Melna, who we all know is going to be the headmaster. Foreshadowing like bricks.

Bricks, I say!

Khantalas
2007-02-07, 06:00 PM
Nah, Melna has a drinking problem.

"And I know what to do.

Switch to whiskey."

ElfLad
2007-02-07, 06:09 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/man.png

Khantalas
2007-02-07, 06:12 PM
Elflad, I hereby grant you the title of "nuts". Carry it proudly.

The Orange Zergling
2007-02-08, 03:00 AM
Seers Shroud = Best Censor Ever.

Elliot Kane
2007-02-08, 05:02 PM
I think it's good, but it's not great. Very readable, and I'm certainly going to continue reading now I've caught up, but there are far better web comics out there.

the characters are very likeable but at the same time they aren't very believable, if that makes sense. Any redeemed character becomes an instant saint (Bumper) and the bad guys have no real redeeming features, while the good guys are too good to be true.

Every major character who dies seems to come back sooner or later, to the point of farce in the case of Klo Tark, who seems to die every time he appears, only to re-appear down the line with no explanation.

Some of the plotting is just silly - Nurse Pam elected mayor - and unanimously?!? Why? Gregory just saved the lives of the whole town AND drove off the bad guys, so I could see him getting it. But she did nothing at all to get the nod. It's pure convenience and nothing else.

And yet... It has heart. The love of the author for his creations shines through, and despite its flaws I enjoy reading it a great deal :)

ElfLad
2007-02-08, 05:31 PM
I could never take Dominic Deegan seriously after the travesty of the "justified rape" storyline. Since then, I've viewed it as a sort of campy B-movie that takes itself way too seriously.

For example, what the hell are jocks doing at a magic school? For magic. Where everybody there knows magic and is studying magic. That's like <insert college basketball superstar> going to MIT because he wants to play with their team, while he beats up the people going to a largely intellectual school to learn. It's amost as if Mookie put that in there to "get revenge" on the bullies of his chidhood.

And... ugh. The latest storyline with the rape victim having booping sex fantasies about her rapist is just awful. If I took DD seriously at all, I would be offended.

Khantalas
2007-02-08, 05:44 PM
I could never take Dominic Deegan seriously after the travesty of the "justified rape" storyline. Since then, I've viewed it as a sort of campy B-movie that takes itself way too seriously.

Hey, that never was justified. Nobody said it was. However, we must admit rash decisions can lead to undesirable consequences. Like, um, having to rape someone.

Yeah, really logical.

And... ugh. The latest storyline with the rape victim having booping sex fantasies about her rapist is just awful. If I took DD seriously at all, I would be offended.

The orc-mind works in mysterious ways.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-08, 07:22 PM
I generally agree with ElfLad, even though he does not look like a peasant, does not smell like a peasant, and certainly is not on fire like a peasant. I'd contend that the storyline was not about "justified rape", but rather, forgiveness. We just needed to see the circumstances of the crime to make that forgiveness remotely believable. This latest development with Melna...I got no clue. It's just weird.

Oh, and Klo Tark's only died twice. Although that's still enough to make fun of.

Elliot Kane
2007-02-08, 07:45 PM
This latest development with Melna...I got no clue. It's just weird.

Completely agree.

I can see her forgiving Stonewater mentally - he was saving her life, after all, however horribly. But emotionally she should still hate him, or at the least have strong negative feelings towards him.

She barely knows him in any meaningful way, and romantic feelings towards him would make no sense normally given her active dislike of men, never mind given their past history.

Khantalas
2007-02-08, 07:47 PM
Hey, you can have crushes on people you absolutely despise.

Never mind how I got that piece of information.

Elliot Kane
2007-02-08, 07:50 PM
Hey, you can have crushes on people you absolutely despise.

Never mind how I got that piece of information.

Lust, sure. But that hardly seems to be the case here. And again, given their background history I find it pretty unlikely.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-11, 01:49 PM
Well, judging from her distraughtness and her expression in the last panel of Saturday's comic, it seems safe to say that she still hates him on an intellectual level, at least. I sense a deeper plot here. Or just Melna failing at emotional self-analysis.

Also, I miss the DD forums, for some reason. Full of lunatics and more inside jokes than a poor half-noob/half-lurker like me could ever hope to comprehend, but there were a few good points. Mostly the strip-slays.

Adlan
2007-02-11, 02:44 PM
Stockholm syndrome mayhap?

Jibar
2007-02-11, 03:03 PM
Oh, and Klo Tark's only died twice. Although that's still enough to make fun of.

I believe the record for absurd deaths has already gone.
*coughJeanGreycoughhackwheezecoughcoughvomitdie*

ElfLad, what...what the hell was that?

Khantalas
2007-02-11, 03:19 PM
Argh! The Gender-Bender Week already shows its effects! A female Jibar! Argh!

Quickly changing subject, is it just me or is the pink haired orc, like, the hottest female in Dominic Deegan?

...in Dominic Deegan... not intended.

Jibar
2007-02-11, 03:24 PM
1. I've always been female. People are only now realising when I wear the girly colour. Pssh. You people make me sick.
2. I'd lean more towards Luna. This is a wierd discussion.

Madmal
2007-02-11, 03:31 PM
specially coming from a muffing-cat-girl....

ElfLad
2007-02-11, 07:30 PM
ElfLad, what...what the hell was that?

If you're referring to Melna the burninator, then that was making an over-the-top, pseudo-dramatic strip funny.

BUTT WEIGHT, THEIRS MOORE.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/awesome4.png

Flabbicus
2007-02-11, 10:33 PM
If you're referring to Melna the burninator, then that was making an over-the-top, pseudo-dramatic strip funny.

BUTT WEIGHT, THEIRS MOORE.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/awesome4.png

You made me Laugh out Loud with that comic. A genuine laugh, since even the comics I really really like rarely ever get that out of me.

Kudos Elflad, kudos. May you never stop being... er, handsome I guess.

ElfLad
2007-02-12, 03:00 AM
Kudos Elflad, kudos. May you never stop being... er, handsome I guess.
Never have.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/drunk.png

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-12, 03:02 AM
:biggrin: I'm enjoying those more than DD. Great stuff!

WarriorTribble
2007-02-12, 03:07 AM
For example, what the hell are jocks doing at a magic school? For magic. Where everybody there knows magic and is studying magic. That's like <insert college basketball superstar> going to MIT because he wants to play with their team, while he beats up the people going to a largely intellectual school to learn. It's amost as if Mookie put that in there to "get revenge" on the bullies of his chidhood.Indeed not to mention in magic worlds geek equals mage with a butt load of destructive spells. A dumb jock would be murdered and bought back to life several times in a more realistic setting imo.

ElfLad
2007-02-12, 03:21 AM
Indeed not to mention in magic worlds geek equals mage with a butt load of destructive spells. A dumb jock would be murdered and bought back to life several times in a more realistic setting imo.

But... In Final Fantasy, a guy with a sharp piece of metal does more damage than a Fireball the size of a boulder!

Also, I do not apologize for getting this song stuck in your head.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/barbiegirl.jpg

Jibar
2007-02-12, 03:52 AM
Okay that Bulgak one did make me laugh out loud.

WarriorTribble
2007-02-12, 03:55 AM
Oh gods that was so friggin HOT!

Ceska
2007-02-12, 06:06 AM
Yep, it's funnier than the original. DD is okay, it got worse over time and mostly I read it because it updates all the time. Come on Elflad, keep updating Legendary, I need my fix! How did that get into there?

ElfLad
2007-02-12, 11:31 PM
Powerful post.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/chaps.png

Zephra
2007-02-15, 02:01 PM
It's a great comic, however the anime causes my eyes to water. good, though

Madmal
2007-02-22, 10:13 AM
I must get knockers like that for my front door.

There goes another one for the list!!

and i'm getting tired of that guy on the last squares (can't remember his name)...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-23, 03:50 AM
Man, Neilen fails at life.

Entertainer13
2007-02-25, 08:53 PM
Man, Neilen fails at life.
I know.

I just want this l=plot thread DONE with. I'm getting tempted to leave the comic alone, soley so I can forget about it, and then come back to find it miraculously finished.

Hopefully, his forums will be back by then. :)

ElfLad
2007-02-25, 11:01 PM
Isn't Luna supposed to be, like, hella ugly? If so, why does Neilen like her so much? And why is he such a bad guy for being the only person besides Dominic to look past her exterior? And if she's not that ugly, why has everybody except Dominic been all "OH MY BOOPING VAGUE UNDEFINED GOD, SHE HAS TUSKS, FREAK THE BOOP OUT!" Riddle me that, Batman!

And it's not like there's going to be any dramatic tension with this storyline, considering that there's an enormous header of Dominic and Luna being all lovey-dovey on every page of the website.

And even if Neilen did succeed, can you imagine what that would be like? "Remember, Neilen, Dominic's the one who gives me the confidence to do this!" I swear, Mookie writes the most unintentionally hilarious sex scenes. "Wowee."

But, still, I love this plotline, because even if Mookie only deigns to write a punchline once a week, with the possible exception of Dr. McNinja, it's the most consistently funny webcomic I'm reading right now, which is actually kinda sad.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-26, 01:07 AM
Eh. Not everyone has freaked out (mostly just jerks like Siegfried, Stunt and the typical townsfolk). It's just he's the second third guy to get over the butterface aspect. Which really isn't that bad from a reader's viewpoint anyway, but it's not like Mookie can draw more than three or four different faces in the first place.

The Orange Zergling
2007-02-26, 02:29 AM
Am I the only one who found this episode to be rather... well... lame? You could already tell his intentions from the last panel in the last comic. It's like it's there for the people who didnt catch it last update.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-26, 02:34 AM
I'm under the impression that Mookie doesn't like writing for his Sunday updates anymore. He just draws splash pages with maybe a VO.

faerwain
2007-02-26, 06:19 AM
Am I the only one who found this episode to be rather... well... lame? You could already tell his intentions from the last panel in the last comic. It's like it's there for the people who didnt catch it last update.

Yes, it is a little lame, but I think with intent to calm down all who complained about the epicness(He stated something like that in his comments.) I'm not over-excited about the arc, but it has good moments. I actually did like the epic stories as much as the pure fun ones.

But yesterday nearly convinced me to take a longer break. I agree with Zergling and Nerd-O there.

:smallsigh: Yes, he wants to seduce Luna away from Dominic. I.Got.It.The.Last.3.Times.He.Said.It.

EDIT: Just got a little back the thread. Okay, you can take out the torches and lynch the helmetted sicko, but I liked the rape storyline. I found it touching, and not a bad idea in general to give one of the good guys some dark points(As a counterweight to situations like the attack of Barthis were Greg "lost it like Taggerty"-because he didn't stop beating a FRIGGIN DEMON who was about to horribly murder a whole town!)
And the strip after Stonewater's story where Melna just went out to break down crying was done fantastic.
But I agree that her falling in love now is forced.

Elliot Kane
2007-02-26, 08:36 AM
For all its faults, I am still enjoying it, I must admit. It's not quite like any other strip out there, and its sheer whimsicality keeps me intrigued.

Khantalas
2007-02-26, 08:52 AM
Whatever you may think of DD, you can't help but love the flying Runcible Spoon... head...

...err...

That sounds wrong.

ElfLad
2007-02-26, 11:15 AM
Just got a little back the thread. Okay, you can take out the torches and lynch the helmetted sicko, but I liked the rape storyline. I found it touching, and not a bad idea in general to give one of the good guys some dark points

As compared to, say, Szark Sturtz, who killed duelists for his own pleasure? And it's rarely that bad of an idea to flesh out the main cast some more, but the execution on this arc was both insulting and horrible.

With Szark, at least Dominic realized it was bad, and when Szark came to his senses, so did he. Although Szark's dark side was resolved way too quickly. I mean, he was controlled by his evil side for years before he finally broke free, and when he did, he got better ridiculously quickly. You know, kinda like how Dominic quit smoking, even though nicotine is very psychologically addicting. "White Magic healed my lungs," is a ridiculous reasoning for that.

With Stonewater, people thought it was bad until they heard his story, then they were all, "Oh, but it was the noble and good thing to rape a 14-year-old orphan to save her life!" Dominic showed more concern for Stonewater than he did for Melna, the booping victim. Look at panel booping six (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-01-26). Stonewater is angry at Melna because she hit with a hammer about as much as she was angry with him for raping her. WTF. And it gets worse (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-02-04). Melna and Grench show about as much remorse for what they did as what Stonewater showed for raping Melna. Compare it with this: Let's say you save somebody who didn't want to be saved. Nothing really wrong there; firemen and police have to do it on occasion. Now let's say that you have to mutilate them to do so, like, amputate an arm or a foot so they can go free. Definitely a bit grayer area, because you're crippling them in the process of saving them, and they say they don't want to be saved.

Now let's say you have to traumatize the victim sexually, socially, and psychologically, while violating her physically. And the victim does not want to be saved. And, hey, let's assume that heaven exists, and she's just about certainly going there with her parents if she dies. What would you do?

I'm not really asking much, just any comic that used to be a joke comic should never handle rape, as it's bound to be stupid, poorly written, insulting, and alienating to most of the original fanbase.

(As a counterweight to situations like the attack of Barthis were Greg "lost it like Taggerty"-because he didn't stop beating a FRIGGIN DEMON who was about to horribly murder a whole town!)

That was retarded, no argument here. Especially considering that Dominic's two best friends are a rapist and a multiple murderer. But hey, Mookie seems to think that the "I must destroy the world. TO SAVE IT!" cliche is what passes for a unique and developed villain, so I don't expect him to be a great, or even consistent, writer.

But I agree that her falling in love now is forced.

You forgot to add "and insulting."

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-26, 12:06 PM
I just finished reading the whole of Dominic Durgan. Yeesh. Over the top.

faerwain
2007-02-26, 12:26 PM
As compared to, say, Szark Sturtz, who killed duelists for his own pleasure?
I have to admit I simple forgot about Szark, but still:
Yes. For the simple reason that Stonewater was under full free will. Szark was dark in that sense that he had the part of his personality that enjoyed killing(because it relieved his pain), but it become so overwhelming because the honourable part of him was knocked out with the help of Karnak.
Dr Jekyll got comatose and there only was Hyde left. So , concerning the "dark Hero" part Stonewater was more effective, as Szark could be seen as not fully responsible because his morale counterweight was made useless from outside, while Stonewater, whilst feeling forced through outer events, committed an act he knew was horrible with full control over himself.

Although Szark's dark side was resolved way too quickly. I mean, he was controlled by his evil side for years before he finally broke free, and when he did, he got better ridiculously quickly.
I absolutely agree here.(Though I found the redeeming duel in Battle of Barthis one of the best things of the story arc[which is not my favourite one]). And I despise this "He is gay, so must be in love with the main character" thing, it's so worn out.

You know, kinda like how Dominic quit smoking, even though nicotine is very psychologically addicting. "White Magic healed my lungs," is a ridiculous reasoning for that.
Ah, but the point was that his body, after healed, re-started to reject tobacco. And the psychological addictment lead to that Mavpel Candy thing as substitute.

Dominic showed more concern for Stonewater than he did for Melna, the booping victim.(..) Stonewater is angry at Melna because she hit with a hammer about as much as she was angry with him for raping her.(..) Melna and Grench show about as much remorse for what they did as what Stonewater showed for raping Melna.
See your points there and accept them. The proportions were really not handled perfectly

I'm not really asking much, just any comic that used to be a joke comic should never handle rape, as it's bound to be stupid, poorly written, insulting, and alienating to most of the original fanbase.
Frankly, this sentence made me think about my reasons, as I would normally totally agree with you there. I hated it when living with my Ex forced me to watch those damn soap operas where rape is a standard plot point.(Luckily, those soaps are so poorly acted that there is no chance that it would actually disturb you.). Rape is normally a sensitive point, and one I avoid as much as I can.(Having two victims in my circle of friends might be a reason, and being convinced because of newspaper reports that you walked one night right by a rape in action without noticing anything is not that good feeling either[it later cleared that the whole incident was an alibi story to explain injuries])

I'm not really sure why I don't despise it here, but it may be the point that I accepted the change from fun to darkness of the whole comic without problems- and I also accepted the surrounding as that of a brutal, primitive orc tribe with cruel customs. (At least in this tribe, according to Stonewater his tribe seems to be far more civilised.) So I put the political correctness aside a little.(That sounds belittling of the incident, which I don't mean, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.)
And, strange as it is, as said before, the strip with Melna breaking down outside really touched me and may have rescued the whole story arc for me.

Khantalas
2007-02-26, 12:29 PM
And I despise this "He is gay, so must be in love with the main character" thing, it's so worn out.

You know, I was wondering about that. Should that be called Justin Syndrome or Szark Syndrome?

Nevrmore
2007-02-27, 10:01 PM
You guys are really making me start to miss the old DD forums.

The flame wars that went on for 15 pages. The inevitability of veering off topic so badly that it actually rotates back onto topic. Arguing with a hardcore DD fan whose only defense is "If you don't like it, why are you reading it?!?!?!?!?!" when you pick apart the inconsistencies, cliches, and idiocies of the latest strip. That fresh feeling you get when you finish a seven hundred word post dissecting your opponent's every single point, then calling them on it when they retaliate with an ad hominem. I miss them good old days.

Also, The Flad, stop acting like you invented Strip Slaying.

There I said it.

Dariendel
2007-02-28, 11:34 AM
Although the art isn't one of the best I've seen, I'm drawn to the series because of its story and characters. There's a good balance of comedy and seriousness and the lore of this realm is just fantastic.

And the lead character isn't uber powerful and quite human.

I look forward to the development of:
Gregory Deegan
Jacob Deegan
Nimmel Feenix
TIM
Szark Sturtz

Oh yeah, no offense, but Luna's starting to get annoying.

Khantalas
2007-02-28, 02:00 PM
Uhhh... what?

Dominic Deegan quite human? We are reading the same comic, right, where Dominic goes to what may be thought of as hell (not Hell, per se, but hell), fought against two champions of chaos and darkness, banished thousands of souls to hell and survived with, what, a missing leg?

I mean, unlike some other people, I happen to like the comic, but still...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-28, 08:25 PM
One epic plot. One. And everyone goes nuts about it. Of course, it dragged on like a Spiderman story-arc, but...

And Dominic didn't really do all that much in the War in Hell, although that was also pretty epic.

Nevrmore
2007-02-28, 09:13 PM
Uhhh... what?

Dominic Deegan quite human? We are reading the same comic, right, where Dominic goes to what may be thought of as hell (not Hell, per se, but hell), fought against two champions of chaos and darkness, banished thousands of souls to hell and survived with, what, a missing leg?
Then, in the next arc, he got the ever-loving crap beat out of him by a normal human.

Why is everyone getting so crazy about the Storm of Souls? Nobody seems to realize that, at the time, Dommy was being empowered by two ancient forces of the very nature of the universe.

Dariendel
2007-02-28, 09:14 PM
Uhhh... what?

I mean, unlike some other people, I happen to like the comic, but still...

He lost a leg. Most leads escape with superficial wounds. Had he died in that encounter, would there still be a further story for Dominic Deegan?

What did you want him to escape without? He's already pretty damaged, considering he's been beaten up many times before by minor characters.

Khantalas
2007-03-01, 04:51 AM
He lost a leg. Most leads escape with superficial wounds. Had he died in that encounter, would there still be a further story for Dominic Deegan?

What did you want him to escape without? He's already pretty damaged, considering he's been beaten up many times before by minor characters.

I was actually expecting the story to end here, like in console RPGs.

Of course, I knew it wouldn't end for no other reason than I was still on the story arc 3 of many, many other story arcs.

And that "just losing a leg" thing happened after he was... um, de-championed. Yes, that's a silly word.

You know, I'm gonna have a lead die if I ever write a webcomic. It almost never happens.

ElfLad
2007-03-02, 02:58 AM
Today on the Jerry Springer Show: I'm in love with my rapist because he reminds me of my father!

Dammit, Mookie, just do the world a favor and get your hands amputated.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-02, 03:06 AM
Yeah.

I got nothin'. You win, ElfLad. He sucks. He might not be this stupid intentionally, but I'm not sure that's not worse.

Ugh, and the punchline.

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 03:09 AM
I was actually expecting the story to end here, like in console RPGs.

Of course, I knew it wouldn't end for no other reason than I was still on the story arc 3 of many, many other story arcs.

And that "just losing a leg" thing happened after he was... um, de-championed. Yes, that's a silly word.

You know, I'm gonna have a lead die if I ever write a webcomic. It almost never happens.
I'm still mad when he set up the perfect excuse to kill off a main character and not have it seem like a cheap attempt for drama (Fated Fatal), and in the end he killed Siegfried.

All my arguments about why Luna is useless now, gone. GONE.

Khantalas
2007-03-02, 06:11 AM
Today on the Jerry Springer Show: I'm in love with my rapist because he reminds me of my father!

I can so justify that with baseless psychological claims and fabricated charts about Electra complex.

Besides, since Mookie admits that Melna falling in love with Stonewater is silly, I'm very eager to hear his justification.

Whatever it is, it will be as silly as hell.

Bah! We need more Infernomancer! Infernomancer, I tell you!

ElfLad
2007-03-02, 10:19 AM
I can so justify that with baseless psychological claims and fabricated charts about Electra complex.

Besides, since Mookie admits that Melna falling in love with Stonewater is silly, I'm very eager to hear his justification.

Whatever it is, it will be as silly as hell.

Hurr hurr, rape is almost as silly as incest!

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-02, 01:51 PM
No, his explanation will be silly. The implications of his explanation, and the story in general, will be horribly offensive.

Khantalas
2007-03-03, 05:20 AM
That wasn't... as stupid as I expected it would be.

Flabbicus
2007-03-03, 01:36 PM
Just as an aside, I find it funny that the title of the thread is Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Higher. Higher what exactly? Certainly would explain some of the plots. :smallwink:

M._A._Foxfire
2007-03-03, 02:28 PM
Hey, it's Nevermore! *proceeds to fangirl like there's no tomorrow*

In my opinion? The forums were half the fun of Dominic Deegan. The debating, the speculation, the strip slaying... *sigh*

Nevrmore
2007-03-04, 01:39 AM
Hey, it's Nevermore! *proceeds to fangirl like there's no tomorrow*
And the peasants turned their heads, for the light emanating from the glorious avatar was too much for their sinful eyes. He stepped to the ground off of clouds, and instantly a bed of flowers sprouted from the soil. He turned to face his worshippers and said,

"S'up?"

In my opinion? The forums were half the fun of Dominic Deegan. The debating, the speculation, the strip slaying... *sigh*
Half the fun? They were like, 95% of it. The comic took thirty seconds to read, plus another five to twenty seconds thinking about how stupid the new one was (depending on the comic).

ElfLad
2007-03-04, 01:55 AM
Personally, I've laughed more at ten pages of the Strip Slaying thread than at an entire year's worth of Deegan. And for that, Nevrmore has earned my unending gratitude.

Nevrmore
2007-03-04, 02:00 AM
Personally, I've laughed more at ten pages of the Strip Slaying thread than at an entire year's worth of Deegan. And for that, Nevrmore has earned my unending gratitude.
I remember when I first started it, and WheelsofConfusion pretty much said it was going to fail because it had been done before.

But then again, that's when Wheels hated me because of my feud with Jiyu.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-04, 03:33 AM
Keenspot forums: serious business.

I'd have strip-slay-macro'd that, but I'm on a tablet, and Paint is wombating hard to use with a stylus.

Also: another completely pointless Sunday update. Yay.

Jibar
2007-03-04, 06:18 AM
I need to stop reading these forums.
Everytime...everytime...I find something I like, webcomic, music, TV, film, and I find a thread on this forum about it, somebody points out the flaws, and I agree, and sudenly, I don't like it so much.
You guys are actually making me consider to stop reading it. I've been with this thing since I started reading OoTS!
It's like killing your children when they reach 10!
Or something!
I dunno!

ElfLad
2007-03-04, 01:38 PM
I need to stop reading these forums.
Everytime...everytime...I find something I like, webcomic, music, TV, film, and I find a thread on this forum about it, somebody points out the flaws, and I agree, and sudenly, I don't like it so much.
You guys are actually making me consider to stop reading it. I've been with this thing since I started reading OoTS!
It's like killing your children when they reach 10!
Or something!
I dunno!

That reminds me of this (http://www.xkcd.com/c185.html).

And I used to like Dominic Deegan, but after a while I was just sticking around because I absolutely loved the forums. The only reason I'm hating on Dominic on so many forums is because the DD forums were taken down for no good reason.

Nevrmore
2007-03-04, 02:10 PM
Also: another completely pointless Sunday update. Yay.
Why has the "Color strip Sunday" become the "Full panel that doesn't forward the plot at all Sunday?"

And I agree with Flad. WHY would you take down your webcomic's forums without having an immediate replacement handy?! Worst of all, he said the new forums would be up in a few weeks, and it's been four damn months.

I think Mook just gave up on having forums entirely because he was tired of all the criticism.

The Orange Zergling
2007-03-04, 02:14 PM
What I dont understand is why he cant do a normal comic, just in color on Sundays. It makes much more sense than pointless crap like splash pages.

Nevrmore
2007-03-04, 02:18 PM
What I dont understand is why he cant do a normal comic, just in color on Sundays. It makes much more sense than pointless crap like splash pages.
That's what he used to do. Then, at around the whole "Urban Eddie" story arc, he started experimenting with it. Some were pretty good (Bumper's Screwed (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-10-08)) and some were just stupid (and creepy) (Seriously, I'm creeped out (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-11-05)). Somewhere along the line he just ditched comics entirely.

ElfLad
2007-03-04, 02:20 PM
Luna is the weirdest drunk ever. She starts out completely sober, and before the first sip is down her esophagus, she's making a drunken joke in horrible taste about incest (I mean, the strip slays were almost all in better taste than that). She's completely sober in the next comic, and now she's so drunk that she can't even stay on the floor. Also, who wears a dress that opens up all the way in the front that easily? Luna's a slut in Puritan underwear. (Which is my new favorite phrase.

Nevrmore
2007-03-04, 02:27 PM
Luna's just a stupid character to write for now. Mook had her nailed when she was manically depressed and had negligible self-esteem. Now that she's over that hump she's becoming more and more idiotic with each passing strip.

Adlan
2007-03-04, 02:45 PM
Yeah but not to worry, we all know she's going to go back to that when she sleeps with the wyrdo who fancies her.

(either one, dosn't matter which)

Nevrmore
2007-03-04, 08:40 PM
At least Neilen has some style. Dominic is just freaky

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 05:58 AM
I wish Dominic would break up with Luna until Mookie writes her a basic, consistent personality.

I also wish Dominic was back at being pessimism incarnate. Others are bad influence on him.

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 06:54 AM
I wish Dominic would break up with Luna until Mookie writes her a basic, consistent personality.

I also wish Dominic was back at being pessimism incarnate. Others are bad influence on him.
Just wait until Terraciano and his lady friend get in an argument of something. Then suddenly Luna will die under mysterious and tragic circumstances and all will be well.

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 07:01 AM
Oh, you reminded me.

What's with all that "lady friend" stuff?

Adlan
2007-03-05, 07:21 AM
Okay, I can't tell you how pissed I am at the comic today, because i'm not, it's just disapointing. If it goes the way I think it will, it'll just be even furthur down the pan.

Entertainer13
2007-03-05, 12:30 PM
I know... today's was just, well, stupid.

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 12:35 PM
Alright, all that thinks that Dominic Deegan has serious potential, but Mookie ruins it, raise your hand.

*raises hand*

ElfLad
2007-03-05, 01:00 PM
*raises hand*

P.S. Nevrmore. Help a brother out. (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=93485&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

bluish_wolf
2007-03-05, 02:04 PM
It's a pity we can't have a strip slaying contest for the Order of the Stick, though, thanks to the Giant's love of copyright.

Calemyr
2007-03-05, 03:46 PM
Hey, now, give the guy a break. He gets into intense epic situations like the Storm of Souls and the War in Hell and people complain, he gets into mundane situations like love triangles, and people complain. He's gotta be able to win somewhere, no?

Okay, I'll be honest, I'm getting bored with the current storyline, as there's no real goal at the moment. I mean, somewhere down the line things are going to hit the fan, but right now it's just Dominic Deegan: Boyfriend and Teacher. It's good to know he's getting a break, that he's not going from one crisis to another, but... come on, this isn't what we signed up for.

Melna and Stonewater: Meh, it's stupid. The original story was an interesting moral debate, but I don't care for this. Not every major character has to be paired off with someone (requited or not). Not everyone is driven by their hormones. In my book Melna was a far more interesting and complete character before this little chapter.

Luna: Given that this is the first time we've seen her drunk, I'd give it a break. At least she's not constantly slurring everything in a cliche manner. I mean, is it possible that she didn't have enough to drink in those first few strips to stop thinking straight, but did have enough to screw up her sense of good taste? Then, after things get sorted out, she had quite a few too many? I'm not justifying it here, just saying it might not be entirely unreasonable.

Sundays: Yeah, it's getting old. The fillers are too. Still, it's not as bad as El Goonish Shive - DD get's a few fillers a month for a 7/week strip. EGS gets a filler or two a week for a 3/week strip. Of course, this just makes it funnier listening to people referring to OotS strips featuring canon character interactions and possible exposition as "filler". Perspective is a funny thing.

Still, I think there's some distinct possibility for the future. For one thing, the only thing that's been demonstrated about the new Celesto is that he is badass. That's not new. It is distinctly possible that he was forced to balance himself in order to survive in that chaotic realm, that he could prove a non-friendly ally in the same vein as Rillian. He might in fact be able to return as the interesting character he was before his overexposure to the Storm.

--Calemyr, Prime source of 700 word arguments.

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 04:43 PM
No one complains about the mundane arcs. As far as I recall, everyone loved the Urban Eddie storyline (Urban Eddie's character excluded). But towards the end of that is when his downfall began.

Also, I'm still not sure how to take the way he responded to all my complaints about the Rocky character in-comic...

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 04:54 PM
Also, I'm still not sure how to take the way he responded to all my complaints about the Rocky character in-comic...

Gah? Gah? What?

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 05:03 PM
Gah? Gah? What?
It's like this: Rocky (Big hulking elemental) was introduced as a way for Dominic's new house to be built in a timely manner. A lot of other forumgoers and myself posed the question of "If Rocky can build Dominic's house, why can't he at least help rebuild Barthis?" (which, you know, had been recently destroyed.) Mookie gave some sub-par reasoning in the next comic for why Rocky wouldn't help anyone but Dom, and I kept on challenging it and saying it didn't make any sense. So, it became a running gag in that arc that someone would ask why Rocky wasn't helping Barthis and Rocky would peg them in the face with a stone.

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 05:18 PM
Can I get that sub-par explanation in a nifty link form?

Like this link (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-11-13) that shows us Quilt is the best character in Dominic Deegan?

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 05:21 PM
Can I get that sub-par explanation in a nifty link form?

Like this link (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-11-13) that shows us Quilt is the best character in Dominic Deegan?
Funny punchline, stupid cop-out. (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-09-25)

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 05:25 PM
Punchline? Where's the punchline?

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 05:27 PM
Punchline? Where's the punchline?
Rocky flipping Sparks off. I thought that was amusing.

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 05:37 PM
The greatest punchline ever would be:

"I saw nothing. Bumper sucks. Gimme fish."

Because Sparks is that cool.

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 06:19 PM
Yes, well, anyway, the second and third panel of this (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2006-09-27) comic would be Terraciano's response to by continual questions about the faultiness of his logic.

Enlong
2007-03-05, 06:37 PM
Okay, funniest part of this comic is the fact that that guy in the last panal performed what is essensially a strip slay!

Nevrmore
2007-03-05, 06:55 PM
Okay, funniest part of this comic is the fact that that guy in the last panal performed what is essensially a strip slay!
*slaps Enlong* Don't you EVER trivialize what we do! EVER!!!

Enlong
2007-03-05, 07:08 PM
*slaps Enlong* Don't you EVER trivialize what we do! EVER!!!Owww! Azzawha?
Sorry. Just kinda popped into my head... then onto the keyboard. I like strip slays, and have done a few myself.

Flabbicus
2007-03-06, 06:54 PM
And of course Luna's wearing the white flower on her ear just because Melna chose to describe that one. Not that we need color to figure that out or anything.

ElfLad
2007-03-06, 06:58 PM
I Am Standing Here In My Pink Banana Hammock Yes As A Matter Of Fact I do Need To Say That Aloud.

Stupid correcting All-Caps thing messing me up when I try to make a point makes me crosseyed every time.

Nevrmore
2007-03-06, 07:06 PM
I Am Standing Here In My Pink Banana Hammock Yes As A Matter Of Fact I do Need To Say That Aloud.

Stupid correcting All-Caps thing messing me up when I try to make a point makes me crosseyed every time.
I don't know what everyone's problem with Dominic Durgan was. I found it hilarious.

ElfLad
2007-03-07, 03:12 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/23skidoo.png

Enlong
2007-03-07, 07:28 AM
A: Now THAT's the Legendary I know and love!
and
B: Me no get references.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-07, 10:51 AM
I really don't understand why so many people hate Dominic Deegan. Sure, its not a masterpiece, but very few things are. I'm not sure I could even in good conscience call OotS a masterpiece, as fun as it is. I don't take DD seriously and I enjoy it. Though, all the romance and betrayal sometimes causes me heart palpatations...

ElfLad
2007-03-07, 11:17 AM
I don't take DD seriously and I enjoy it.

Mookie does take DD seriously. That's what the problem is. That means that when he pulls stupid crap like "rape to save a life," or "falling in love with your rapist," he actually thinks that is good writing. Only on the Internet could somebody take the most banal stereotypes, the most retarded plotlines, and a good dose of horrible logic, and be praised as a great writer. Well, unless your name's Dan Brown.

I really don't understand why so many people hate Dominic Deegan. Sure, its not a masterpiece, but very few things are. I'm not sure I could even in good conscience call OotS a masterpiece, as fun as it is.

The difference is that OotS has a punchline more than once a week. And unlike DD, they're actually good punchlines. Also, compare Haley to Luna. Haley has realistic motivations and realistic wants and desires. Luna's whole character is "low self-esteem" and "loves Dominic." When a humor comic has better characterization than a drama webcomic, that likely means the drama webcomic is horrible.

Jibar
2007-03-07, 11:29 AM
Mookie does take DD seriously. That's what the problem is. That means that when he pulls stupid crap like "rape to save a life," or "falling in love with your rapist," he actually thinks that is good writing. Only on the Internet could somebody take the most banal stereotypes, the most retarded plotlines, and a good dose of horrible logic, and be praised as a great writer. Well, unless your name's Dan Brown.

Oooooo. Zing.
True, but zing.

ElfLad
2007-03-07, 04:22 PM
A: Now THAT's the Legendary I know and love!
and
B: Me no get references.

AAAAAAAAA! (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/AAAAAAAAA%21)

And twenty-three skidoo is just a real outdated old-timey way of saying... well, something. It's old-timey and weird.

M._A._Foxfire
2007-03-07, 05:16 PM
*sniff* Our own little mini-forum, complete with small arguments and a strip slay. It's like the wreckage of a once-great civilization.

Also? More stuff needs to blow up. Seriously, TIM's back, Celesto's back, and Jacob's being plotty and gruesome all alone in his zombiebatcave. Where's the explosions, the rending, the hordes of ravenous undead?

...Five-to-one, Neilen is either killed or corrupted by one of the three by the end of the story arc.

Porthos
2007-03-07, 06:19 PM
I only read DD occasionally, and I often see the potential for greatness. Sadly it is so chock full of Gary Stu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue)isms that I can only take it in a small doses. I got through the first few chapters fairly easily, but I soon realized that there was only so much of the Dominic/Luna dynamic that I can take at any one time. Which kinda put me off continuing through the archives.

I haven't read anything between Chapter Eight and the start of the current storyline. Sadly the current storyline (which I am reading very sporadically) isn't exactly raising my hopes up for the elimination of the Gary Stu tendencies . :smallfrown:

ElfLad
2007-03-08, 01:49 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/hahahaha.png

The Orange Zergling
2007-03-08, 01:51 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/hahahaha.png

Oh good lord, this is awsome.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-08, 01:59 AM
And now I have the only reason I went to the DD forums back in my life. Thanks, ElfLegendary.

ElfLad
2007-03-08, 02:10 AM
I'm beloved!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/puberty.png

Also, OLD MEME:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/AngryBalrog/dead2.png

Enlong
2007-03-08, 05:14 PM
Awesome. But there's one more meme left. A certain monster created by Nevrmore accidentally. With the initials S.'s H.

ElfLad
2007-03-08, 05:21 PM
Awesome. But there's one more meme left. A certain monster created by Nevrmore accidentally. With the initials S.'s H.

If you're talking about Stunt's Head, that was my monster. The memes that Nevrmore was responsible for are "Awesome" and I think Kool-aid Man.

Nevrmore
2007-03-08, 06:15 PM
If you're talking about Stunt's Head, that was my monster. The memes that Nevrmore was responsible for are "Awesome" and I think Kool-aid Man.
"Awesome", Mouth flipping, and using those three panels from the "Siegfried's Dead" comic were mine.

Flabbicus
2007-03-08, 06:22 PM
I think we uneducated masses need to be clued in to the revelry that went on in the Dominic Deegan forums. Now I am curious.

Nevrmore
2007-03-08, 06:29 PM
I think we uneducated masses need to be clued in to the revelry that went on in the Dominic Deegan forums. Now I am curious.
Luckily enough for you, all the lore of newest DD forums are still intact, because Terraciano just had the forum locked intead of deleted.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-08, 06:46 PM
And since Nevrmore didn't link it:

The Keenspot forum (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewforum.php?f=73&sid=160a84b0afc6fe519b1bc360fb5633f7)
The only thread worth reading (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=87428).

And EdgarGreyshadow posted the first Kool-Aid Man slay.

ElfLad
2007-03-08, 06:51 PM
Regarding the March wallpapers, the "Earth. Wind. Fire. Water. HURT." one is pretty clever, but I've despised Tara Swift ever since Mookie started using her as the vehicle for his horrid "Boobies, hurr hurr," jokes.

I mean, sex jokes can be funny if they're clever, but Mookie's amount to "women has boobies, thats funny amirite?"

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-08, 06:57 PM
I figured she's just there to make fun of the "female spellcasters are sluts" stereotype that he furthered with some of his bad guys. Namely Helixa and, uh, Luna's first sister.

ElfLad
2007-03-08, 07:15 PM
I figured she's just there to make fun of the "female spellcasters are sluts" stereotype
You give Mookie far too much credit.

That is like saying that Final Fantasy 7 makes fun of stupid RPG cliches, when it is, in fact, a source of stupid RPG cliches. Does that seem right to you?

Flabbicus
2007-03-08, 07:18 PM
And since Nevrmore didn't link it:

The Keenspot forum (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewforum.php?f=73&sid=160a84b0afc6fe519b1bc360fb5633f7)
The only thread worth reading (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=87428).

And EdgarGreyshadow posted the first Kool-Aid Man slay.

D'oh, I found them a few weeks ago but thought they had been removed by now. Thanks, now I have more time wasters on the internet!

Enlong
2007-03-08, 07:54 PM
Hey, considering we have two of the best strip slayers from the old forums right here, how about we make a new strip slaying thread right here on the GITP boards? because we all know that's the only reason anyone needed to go to the Dominic Deegan boards, right?

ElfLad
2007-03-09, 12:36 AM
Well, there was also pointing out all the plot holes, but we can do that part in this thread and put Strip Slays in a new thread.

Ego Slayer
2007-03-09, 11:12 AM
The suspense is killing me.
No, really. *die*
Mookie better be leading this to an end which involves something dying.
Because, then it'd at least be been sort of worth it.

Enlong
2007-03-09, 04:10 PM
I myself would like to see one of the Recurring Villians (TM) appear before this storyline ends. And I personally want it to be Celesto, because I don't need second sight to see what the other two'd do. TIM would kill everything in sight, eat their faces off, kill every living thing, slaughter cute little squirrels, etc, etc...
Jacob would be furthering his goals to be a lich-thing, and only killing those he needs to, those he REEALY hates, those whose deaths would pain Dominic, and those who get in his way, though somehow it'd be with even more gore then TIM. I don't know how yet, but he'd manage it.
Celesto though, is a wildcard. We don't know what he's going to do, except that we know that he probably still hates Dominic, and that his powers are still really strong.

On a side note, Ego Slayer, you avatar is made of 100% pure sticky cuteness!

ZombieRockStar
2007-03-09, 09:01 PM
Her avatar? What about miiiiiinnneee?

I'm just waiting out this storyline in the hopes that when it's done, we'll get a more decent storyline.

ElfLad
2007-03-10, 12:48 AM
I found it extremely hilarious that Neilen has done a better job of tricking Dominic's second sight than anybody besides Jacob.

"I have stood face to face with the avatar of Chaos, I was beaten by the strongest of the Royal Knights, I was eviscerated by one who had sold his soul to demons, and I have won mental battles with the currest Lord of Hell himself, but the dude trying to steal my girlfriend is my most fearsome adversary!"

Jibar
2007-03-10, 03:53 AM
On a side note, Ego Slayer, you avatar is made of 100% pure sticky cuteness!

....why sticky?
I can understand the 100%, the pure, the cuteness...but not the sticky.
all of that makes sense...but the sticky.
Why? Why with the sticky?

ElfLad
2007-03-10, 03:54 AM
Possibly because it's a stick figure?

or [naughty suggestion]

Karellen
2007-03-10, 04:02 AM
I found it extremely hilarious that Neilen has done a better job of tricking Dominic's second sight than anybody besides Jacob.

"I have stood face to face with the avatar of Chaos, I was beaten by the strongest of the Royal Knights, I was eviscerated by one who had sold his soul to demons, and I have won mental battles with the currest Lord of Hell himself, but the dude trying to steal my girlfriend is my most fearsome adversary!"

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I mean, why does Neilen even bother trying to cheat somebody who has second sight and can basically see through the lies at any time... especially with a lie that's so lame that Dominic should be able to see through it anyway? That just doesn't make any sense, and Neilen seems to be a fairly clever lad and all. But then realization hit in. "Oh! Dominic's an idiot."

Enlong
2007-03-10, 06:21 AM
Huh. I think the bad part is the fact that I knew this'd happen, that is, Luna goes nuts in some way. Not exactly the best storyline, this one, because I can guess what's going to happen in the next comic. Hopefully Celesto shows up and we get a dose of "characters in mortal peril" soonish.

Also, yes, I worded my avatar praise due to the stick-figure part, and the OotS Dominic is awesomesauce as well.

Aidan305
2007-03-10, 07:37 AM
I'm really starting to dislike Luna. No matter how often Dominic proves his love for her by rescuing her from certain death, uncertain death, and quite likely death, she still doesn't trust him.

All the good that Mookie did for her with the last storyline has once more been undone and she's once again a silly girl. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that this storyline would have worked out ar better if Luna and just smacked him around the place with five forms of flawless fireballs.

Seriously, she really needs to up her ranks in sense motive.

ElfLad
2007-03-10, 12:29 PM
But it's so much fun to see a smug prick like Dominic get physically injured.

And I never really thought that the Dominic/Luna relationship was all that great. Too much "I owe him so much," not enough, "We genuinely like each other."

Warpfire
2007-03-10, 12:33 PM
And I never really thought that the Dominic/Luna relationship was all that great. Too much "I owe him so much," not enough, "We genuinely like each other."

That, and the fact they never seem to have any kind of arguements/disagreements/any sort of relationship problem that isn't resolved faster than you can snap your fingers.

Though there might be one coming up with Neilen's crappy little storyline.

Nevrmore
2007-03-10, 01:33 PM

He is taking advantage of Dominic refusing to scry on Luna, I think...

ElfLad
2007-03-10, 01:57 PM
He is taking advantage of Dominic refusing to scry on Luna, I think...

Which still makes him more clever and more able to fool Dominic than any other villain so far.

Flabbicus
2007-03-10, 02:25 PM
Its because he's as smart as a rock, as loyal as fire, as obedient as the wind, and as solid as water. Huh, The Giant was right, none of the "Elements" are real elements at all, they are just compounds.

Nevrmore
2007-03-10, 02:36 PM
Which still makes him more clever and more able to fool Dominic than any other villain so far.
tooshay, man frare.

Enlong
2007-03-10, 10:38 PM
Would it be too optomistic if I were to hope that tomorrow we actually continue the story, instead of pulling a cop-out photo page?

Nevrmore
2007-03-11, 03:38 AM
Would it be too optomistic if I were to hope that tomorrow we actually continue the story, instead of pulling a cop-out photo page?
*looks at newest DD update*

Yes. Yes it would be.

M._A._Foxfire
2007-03-11, 08:48 AM
Well, there was also pointing out all the plot holes, but we can do that part in this thread and put Strip Slays in a new thread.

Yeah! (Soon, 'twill be my chance to shine...)

Also, so much for actual conflict. Unless Luna starts chewing him out after the smooching. Or during.

Enlong
2007-03-11, 09:24 AM
*looks at newest DD update*

Yes. Yes it would be.Argh! Wait...
*looks at update*
*brain fries*
Wait, why would Luna..? But Nilien... The bottle... shifted message...?

Okay, either Luna's really hard to sway, or Nilen REALLY sucks at what he does. And I don't see either happening with what I know about them.

THAT's gotta be a wierd thing for Dominic's students to watch first thing.

Edit: Well, TEChnically Nevrmore, it did continue the story a smidge, just did it with a cop-out page.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-11, 09:29 AM
Argh! Wait...
*looks at update*
*brain fries*
Wait, why would Luna..? But Nilien... The bottle... shifted message...?

Okay, either Luna's really hard to sway, or Nilen REALLY sucks at what he does. And I don't see either happening with what I know about them.

THAT's gotta be a wierd thing for Dominic's students to watch first thing.

I can assure you, that's one of the more believable things I've seen in DD.

Entertainer13
2007-03-11, 10:26 AM
I'm just happy that we can move on to demons or something, now, and Neilin can go emo for all I care.

Enlong
2007-03-11, 10:54 AM
I'm just happy that we can move on to demons or something, now, and Neilin can go emo for all I care.What if an Emo Neilin BECOMES a demon?

Ego Slayer
2007-03-11, 11:38 AM
*looks at update*
No wai!...Srsly wtf?

Yeah, wanna bet he'll join Jacob?

ElfLad
2007-03-11, 03:18 PM
My personal theory is that Mookie just got fed up with all the complaints about this storyline and decided to end it prematurely, idiotic plotholes be damned!

Khantalas
2007-03-11, 03:20 PM
No, Mookie will find some explanation, senseless and unconvincing though it may be.

Yes, I still like Dominic Deegan. It just skips a lot.

Madmal
2007-03-11, 03:31 PM
My psychic senses are debilitating!! i totally wasn't especting that!!!

YAAAAY!! I CAN STILL BE SURPRISED!!!:smile:

Enlong
2007-03-11, 03:40 PM
So.... who wants to bet that our newest "villian" is now corked inside a certain bottle in the form of water?

ElfLad
2007-03-12, 03:38 AM
Wow.

That was a really lame anti-climax. Quite possibly the lamest anti-climax in the history of really lame anti-climaxes.

M._A._Foxfire
2007-03-12, 05:40 AM
*humph* So much for actual conflict in the perfect world that is Dominic/Luna.

Khantalas
2007-03-12, 05:42 AM
See? You had no hope in Mookie, saying he could actually pull it off, but I knew it! I knew he would try to explain things and fail utterly!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Nevrmore
2007-03-12, 06:03 AM
Dominic Deegan, you are singlehandedly responsible for all the headblood on my wall.

Warpfire
2007-03-12, 09:58 AM
Wow. Dominic and Luna continue to have no problems in their inhumanly perfect relationship. How suprising.

On a less sarcastic and more hopeful note, maybe that means this latest and stupidest storyline is over.