PDA

View Full Version : SWSE: Scoundrels IC

Pages : [1] 2

Kydell
2012-12-25, 11:42 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

It has been 100 years since the Jedi Master known as Phanius had left the Jedi Order, becoming the first of the Lost Twenty. This had started the Fourth Great Schism of the Jedi Order, and the Rise of a new Sith Empire. Darth Ruin, as he would come to be called, now leads a campaign across the galaxy to unite the various sects of Sith devotees and destroy the Galactic Republic.

The Jedi Order itself has become militant in its struggle to fight this new enemy, seeking out any and all Force-users to bring them to the light side. The Galactic Republic is behind the Jedi Order in it's efforts to seek out, and destroy the remaining Sith. The Republic stretches itself thin to fight this new enemy, creating an overall more profitable and dangerous time for pirates and privateers.

The Mandalorians are scattered across the galaxy, fighting on either side of the conflict. It has been a long while since Mandalore the Vindicated had claimed the title of Mandalore, and the various Mandalorian and Neo-Crusader groups have long since been without a leader.

---

Fen Haketon:
You were kicked off of the traveling ship for outdoing other crewmates as far as getting credits. You had gotten jobs right under their nose, and had earned better coin than they could have hoped. Out of jealousy and greed you were abandoned on Iseno, a highly militarized planet in the Outer Rim with little trade and commerce outside of weapons and armor. You had found an add on the HoloNet looking for crewmates, an engineer among them, for a shipment that was leaving in a less than an hour. You knew the positions were spoken for, given the time the add was posted, so you tracked the communications of the two parties, found the person applying for engineer position, sent him a message disguised as the ship-owner dismissing him of the task, and finishing off by falsifying some documents on the way to the spaceport to get yourself on that ship. Once you found the correct docking bay [19]-you find the owner of the add working on the light freighter. He is a middle-aged Shistavanen with a great grey beard, a quite greasy and well-worn coverall and a mint-condition cephalopodic mechanical droid. The old wolf introduces himself as Andos Belgrave, and his assistant as DAC-29. He seems about to explain the situation when a well armed human approaches.

Oric Rakvar:
You came to Iseno to meet a man who says he knows a source of Mandalorian iron ore. He asked for a high price, but you had no intention of backing down, after searching for this for so long. The mining facilities on Mandalore and its moon Concordia have been inoperative for centuries, and the unprocessed ore has been all but lost. You have yet to understand the true technique for working such an ore, but you are sure that just by acquiring it, you may be able to gain the confidence of one who does know. You had sold just about every asset you could to get the 50,000 credits you needed for the ore. The human who you would deal with, Arik Zolan, asked to have the credits up front, and you begrudgingly did so. The human fled, and took the credits for himself. After waiting long enough, you found an opportunity to get off of this planet and get to Denon, where you had contacts who might be able to point you in a direction. The opportunity was as a ship engineer to freight some few tons of medical equipment to Denon. You make off for the spaceport and to docking bay 19, where you find the old, squat Shistavanen ship owner, and a young male humanoid with white hair and eyes.

Tyrel Starstream:
You came to Iseno to enjoy some of the finest military wares available, as it lies along the Corellian Run and boasts one of the larger planet wide militaries, even if it was mostly for the pageantry. After too long, this planet ceased to offer more, and you would expect it should continue this way for some time longer. An add on the HoloNet caught your attention, as it would allow you to get back into the cockpit of a space vessel and eventually into some credits. It offered a trip to Denon, a nearby ecumenopolis, as well as future jobs with the company if (or when) you prove your worth as a crew member. You note that you must rendezvous with the pilot and his crew in the Spaceport of Onduchan, at docking bay 19. After gathering the little supplies you had, you head there to see if this job is worth it. When you arrive at the spaceport, you are less than pleased to find an Arkanian male standing alongside a well-armed human and a middle-aged and bearded Shistavanen male.

Tavhoc Bercus:
The planet of Iseno was one of the more logical places to stop after being trailed closely by the Sith. You managed to give them the slip back on Mon Gazza, and crept along the Corellian Run to hide among a planet that wouldn't so easily welcome the Sith. Next to the impoverished and chaotic world of Mon Gazza, Iseno was high class and serene. This may have been enough for a hermit, and perhaps the Sith constantly orbiting the planet and passing by along the run would cease to look for you, but you didn't intend to wait and see and hiding is something best left to cowards. You reach out through the Force and feel there are those who wish to leave this planet. You are drawn to the nearby spaceport where many a wanderlust is followed out of this sector. One ship in particular is heading to Denon, a nearby city-world that would offer protection and possibly an opportunity to mislead your pursuers. As you find yourself walking towards docking bay 19, you see the crew gathering around a middle-aged Shistavanen. As you approach, the old wolf looks a little puzzled before you convince him you were the last crew member he was looking for. "Of course," he says quite flatly, "right this way, sir."

Everyone:
Docking bay 19 opens up above a small forested valley, the spaceport itself build into a hilltop bordering the Capitol City. The ship sitting before you is a long segmented and well armored ship with a single laser canon on it's roof painted almost entirely white. http://deckplans.00sf.com/CorelliSpace/Gymsnor-3_Exterior_102211.gifBeside the freighter, stands an older graying Shistavanen with a hydrospanner in one hand and a grease-stained kerchief in the other. The Shistavanen begins, "Thank you all for responding. I'm glad to have acquired the necessary hands in time. My name is Andros Belgrave, and this here is my boat, The Ivory Dagger, a Gymsnor-3 light freighter. She's not pretty to look at, but it takes only a few to pilot, and it's easy to work on. It holds 95 tons, and has room for 5. I'm going to be sending my droid here, DAC-29 with you to make sure things go alright. You all look like a seasoned bunch, so I'm sure you will understand how a basic shipment will be done. I have in here 50 tons of medical supplies to be shipped to a medical center on Denon. The supplies must not be opened, you must deliver the package in whole, and it must be of a timely manner. Denon is only a couple hours flight galactic southeast along the Corellian Run. Any questions?"

Kydell
2012-12-27, 04:58 AM
Dice Commands:
#d#Diplays cumulative results. 1d6 gives the results of 1 six-sided die, for example.
1d6gives you (1d6)[4]

#d#Displays individual dice results, then cumulative.
3d6gives you (3d6)[5][3][5](13)

#d#+XDisplays the cumulative results, with the added modifier (X) totalled into it.
3d6+5 gives you (3d6+5)[20]

#d#-XDisplays the cumulative results, with the added modifier (X) subtracted from it.
3d6-5 gives you (3d6-5)[8]

#d#b#Diplays the cumulative results of the best of the dice (4d6b3, for example, would give cumulative results of the best 3 dice of 4 6-sided dice).
4d6b3 gives you (4d6b3)[16]

{table]Player|Character|Class|Race|Sheet| color
msngae|Fen Haketon|Scoundrel|Arkanian|sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=485183)|Navy Blue
Darth_Versity|Tyrel Starstream|Scout|Arkanian Offshoot|sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=484343)|Dark Orchid
Odentin|Tavhoc Bercus|Jedi|Nagai|sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=483573)|Slate Gray
LordHavelock|Oric Rakvar|Soldier|Human|sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=483627)|Dark Red[/table]

Darth_Versity
2012-12-27, 07:33 AM
Tyrel shoots the Arkanian a quick look of disdain and then heads over the ship. He runs a hand along the hull, enjoying the touch against his skin. The sensation is refreshing, the chances to fly was few recently, and the feeling of anticipation was building inside. He longed to get at the controls.

"Not pretty you say." he pauses, breathing in the scent of fuel and oil, a scent that reminded him of the stars. "She's beautiful, and I'll make her skip across the skies like a water spider dancing across a pond."

He looked at the Shistavenen, keeping his hand against the hull.

"Your cargo is in good hands. However, is there anything about it we would need to know in case of emergency. You say the containers cannot be opened, is this a personal reason or a safety one?" he raises an eyebrow, not sure if the 'medical supplies' were all they appeared to be.

Kydell
2012-12-27, 12:04 PM
"Safety," he says abruptly, "is all. The cargo itself is...delicate."

Darth_Versity
2012-12-27, 02:50 PM
"I understand. I've had to transport... delicate... cargo before." he smiles in his nonchalant way and looks to his new companions, eyeing them up in case of trouble. Whether it is trouble with them, he would have to wait and see.

He looks at two of them, clearly ignoring the Arkanian. "I am Tyrel. Tyrel Starstream. Its a pleasure."

Odentin
2012-12-27, 08:07 PM
Tavhoc makes sure to reach out every so often, to ensure that he isn't followed, though generally keeps himself closed off from the Force...

Sense Force: [roll0]
Hide from Sense Force: [roll1]

Once at the ship, he does his best not to make a scene, simply listening to the wolfman and watching the others. He grins slightly at the question about his "medical supplies," but doesn't challenge it...

"Tavhoc. When can we set off?"

LordHavelock
2012-12-28, 03:19 AM
Oric arrived at the docking bay with a heavy tread, his eyes cast low and a surly smile written across his features. His mood wasn't exactly bad, far from irritable anyway, but the general air of determination and purpose that he usually carried himself had settled into a general dourness. He spared only a brief glance for the ship, registering it to be a standard light freighter, little more than some plating slapped across a sturdy superstructure and all the basics (life support, engine, etc.). He did not extend his hand, only nodded to each of those already arrived before sidling up in front of furred humanoid and bringing himself up straight.

"Oric Rakvar, your engineer." He said aloud. It was a curt greeting by any measure, but he had never been truly chatty. His very being grated against the idea of simple cargo hauling, but what else was left to him at this point? After . . . 'Sithspit, there's not use dwelling on the matter. Hold a grudge, wait for vengeance, but for the love of Mandalore don't let yourself be defeated in spirit.' He berated himself in his head.

Drawing up his gaze, he gritted his teeth and settled his shoulder against the reassuring weight of his weapon slung across his back. "Any troubles I should no about up front? Anything that can't be fixed once she's star born anyway?" He asked, a new keeness in his voice as he did his best to take more stock of the Ivory Dagger. 'At least she's got a fine name'. A thought he drew some solace from.

Kydell
2012-12-28, 04:07 AM
"I've only just finished reinforcing the bulkheads," Andros replies, "so you're set to leave whenever you wish. I'd like you to leave within the hour. Also, there is one thing you ought to know about this ship. It's that the laser cannon has a huge blind spot, and can't shoot directly behind it, so make sure you approach asteroid fields and the like with caution."

msngae
2012-12-28, 04:58 AM
Raising an eyebrow at the pilot's odd behaviour, Fen turns to the ship owner and says "The Snore is a fine class of ships for the freight hauling business, I wouldn't undersell it that much."

"As far as questions go: What exactly can your droid do? And I presume the medical center will be sending personnel to meet us at the spaceport, unless it has a private landing pad?"

Fen gives Rakvar an uneasy once-over as the human introduces himself, unsure if the applicant he'd displaced had decided to come anyway. Still, he introduces himself to the group calmly so as to avoid bringing suspicion on himself. Fen Haketon, at your service. It seems I will be sharing the task of ship's engineer with you, Mr. Rakvar."

With a small smirk he turns to regard Tyrel out of the corner of his eye. "It seems our skills will be in great demand, especially if Mr. Starstream's skill at flying is as good as his command of prose and biology."

Darth_Versity
2012-12-28, 06:48 AM
Completely ignoring Fen, Tyrel nods in Oric's direction. "I look forward to having you as our engineer."

He then turns toward the Nagai "So Tavhoc, whats your particular skill?"

Odentin
2012-12-28, 12:05 PM
Tavhoc's sharp eyes fixate on Tyrel for a long moment before he allows a smile to cross his face, but never reach his eyes. He instinctively modulates his voice, making it soothing and non threatening, just to complete the odd visage, "Security. I specialize in shipboard security."

This probably seems like an odd claim coming from a slight, unarmored man with no visible weaponry.

Kydell
2012-12-29, 03:08 AM
Andros turns toward the droid that had been scanning the ship for hull integrity and whistles. It stops and turns, then approaches the crew. It spits out a few lines of binary before stopping beside the wolf. "Brilliant 29, thanks for that. DAC-29 here is an astromech droid from Dac Cybotics. http://eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/file/view/061_max.jpg/331041514/205x400/061_max.jpgHe can repair, help pilot, use the ship's computer or perform other menial tasks if asked. I have a comlink installed, and can keep in contact with 29 whenever I wish. I know the route and will get a hold of him and all of you when you ought to be entering the atmosphere of Denon. You will land on docking bay 36 at the Denonian Interstellar Landing Pad in Eastern Alto-Deno. There you will meet with a group of deliverymen who will ensure the package reaches the hospital. They will pay you each 1,000 credits for this delivery up front. When you leave, you may come back here, and contact me on this frequency." He types something into a datapad and hands it to Tyrel. "This has all of the relevant information, and so does 29, just in case. Would you folks care to take a look inside before heading off?"

Darth_Versity
2012-12-29, 10:12 AM
"Sounds like a plan. Its always good to get a feel for the layout of a ship. Just try to keep it reasonably brief."

Kydell
2012-12-29, 04:43 PM
"Right this way," the Shistavanen says, "I think you'll find I'll keep it quite brief." He ushers the crew onto the rear loading ramp. "This ramp leads up to an airlock, so you can use this rear lift for tethered space walks, or cargo dumping." Andros gestures to two ladders built into the rear corners of the room, "These ladders allow you access to the maintenance level, and you also have minimal control over shield and engine power through terminal located at the rear of this room." As he walks past the airlock room he starts again, "This is the main cargo hold, able to transport 95 tons at a time. On either side, between the water tanks and the fuel tanks are your crew quarters, each exactly the same." The hold ends at a low archway opening up to a small room, "This is the ships galley here on starboard, and on port you'll find the refresher and then an auxiliary console for weapon commands." He then points toward a round meter-diameter opening at the far end and says, "There is the hatch leading to the cockpit. It's not the most comfortable to squeeze through, but it's not suffocating." Andros looks at the droid, "29, please get to the cockpit and get the dagger prepared to take off. I assume you boys know how things go from here. I hope we can continue to work together, and if you finish this mission without a hitch, it's certainly in the cards. I'll be leaving now, take good care of my ship!" With this he waddles off the rear cargo lift.

http://deckplans.00sf.com/CorelliSpace/Gymsnor-3_Deck_1_102211.gif

LordHavelock
2012-12-29, 10:43 PM
Oric boards as well, no luggage to speak of and makes his way on a brief tour of the ship making sure to check out the engines and taking stock of any spare tools or supplies that are yet onboard. "I'll make sure she's ready for launch, but I'd prefer to be on the bridge for takeoff." He doesn't provide any explanation, and leaves little room for argument. "The droid can handle itself I'm sure."

Darth_Versity
2012-12-30, 09:49 AM
As they go past the crew quaters, Tyrel dumps his bag in one of them. It only contains some clothing and a datapad so he doesn't bother locking the door in hopes of appearing more trust worthy to his new companions.

As they reach the cockpit he gives a simple nod to Andros and heads through the hatch. He then slides himself into the pilot's seat and begins to familiarise himself with the layout of the controls.

He opens up the comms to the rest of the ship and announces "Everything looks good here. Unless someone has a problem I'll be taking off in 5 minutes."

Odentin
2012-12-30, 01:38 PM
Tavhoc stays quiet through the tour, keeping his eye out for places to hide in case of a Republic or Sith boarding. He ignores the crew cabins, intent on staying elsewhere for the duration of the journey.

When asked for objection, he shakes his head, "None. Let us get underway."

LordHavelock
2012-12-30, 01:51 PM
Oric moves with slightly more purpose once they're on board, taking stock of the available resources the ship has to offer and making sure to give an appraisal of his new crewmates as well. Particularly, he keeps a close eye on the 'other' ships engineer and once Tyrel gives the announcement for takeoff, he steps up to the Arkanian to speak his mind, "There was nothing in the posting about another ship's engineer." It is neither a threat nor a question, but his gruff manner and the fact that he very nearly towers over the Arkanian at a full fifteen centimeters and thirty kilograms larger might suggest otherwise. His blue eyes give the Arkanian as cold and appraising a once over as he had yet applied to the ship before he moves on, without waiting for a response, taking up the copilot's seat and nodding to Tyrell.

Darth_Versity
2012-12-30, 02:06 PM
"Well, since there seem to be no complaints, I suggest you all sit down, strap in and prepare yourselves for takeoff!"

He double checks a few last minute settings and dissengages the landing gear. The ship hovers for a moment and Tyrel draws a deep, refreshing breath before punching the accelerator and sending them all skyward.

LordHavelock
2012-12-30, 02:13 PM
Oric monitors engine activity out of his periphery as Tyrel launches the little freighter into the upper atmosphere and beyond. Not yet so jaded as to forget the thrill of blasting off into the stars and looking forward to the rigors of space travel, Oric none the less retains his sense and persona of discipline for the time being. "I wouldn't try anything too fancy until we've put this bucket through all her paces at least once." he says aloud in a cautioning tone to their exuberant pilot. "She seems sturdy enough though." He adds as something of an afterthought, letting his features slip in to a smile for the first time since meeting his crew-mates.

Darth_Versity
2012-12-30, 04:31 PM
"Don't worry. I know what i'm doing. I was born to fly."

Part of him wanted to explain that was the actual truth and not a general phrase, but he had learned caution through experience and no longer opened up to people so quickly. He smiled back at Oric all the same and increased speed as they left the atmosphere.

Odentin
2012-12-30, 04:43 PM
Assuming everyone straps in in the cockpit, Tavhoc does so as well, taking the seat closest to the door. If not, then he braces himself in the cargo bay, nearest the most hiding spots and the exits.

msngae
2012-12-30, 05:04 PM
Fen shrugs at the takeoff announcement and opens his mouth to comment before being interrupted by Oric. He takes an involuntary step back and musters up a smile he inflects with a measure of nervousness. "Sorry, force of habit. On the Windfall we called both the SOP and flight engineer 'engineers' depending on who was in the cockpit at the time." He trails off as Oric disappears into the cockpit. "Well. We're off to a great start."

Sighing in a mix of frustration and relief, he turns to head to the cargo bay, looking for the cargo manifest so he could either clear up any misconceptions about what they were hauling, or think up an appropriate lie for customs when they reached Denon. After that, he'd hop over to the maintenance level and secondary engineering terminal to familiarize himself with the workspace, and maybe plan out a few changes that would make his work easier.

Kydell
2012-12-30, 10:47 PM
The ship takes off rather smoothly, drifting across the valley like a bloated fly, accelerating upwards towards interstellar flight. A sound emits from DAC-29 positioned at a rear seat in the cockpit, "beep, bzzt whirrr." Tyrel and Oric recognize the droid's speech: "Destination uploaded. Estimated time of arrival: 8 hours." The plotted course is brought up on the main viewer for everyone to see. The flight leads straight from Iseno to Denon, in a steady path at sublight speed. The distance is too short to make a jump through hyperspace.

A search for the manifest turns up fruitless. The shipment container is entirely opaque, and there is no sign of what the contents actually are. A once-over reveals it's quite securely locked as well.

Darth_Versity
2012-12-31, 06:31 AM
With the ship heading forward on autopilot, Tyrel checks the location of Eastern Alto-Deno, so that he could approach the planet from the correct angle, and then checks out where docking bay 36 is in relation.

Afterwards he begins a full check of the ships systems including potential max speed, maneuverability and general usefulness in the event of running into pirates or other unsavory characters.

Satisfied that he knows all he's going to based on numbers, he disengages the autopilot, prefering to take control himself.

"Nothing in the known galaxy can beat this..." he says to no one inparticular.

LordHavelock
2012-12-31, 06:25 PM
Oric doesn't pass comment after the droid's update of their course, but does take notice when Tyrel disengages the auto pilot just after the course is plotted. The Arkanian halfing looks positively at ease, in a state of pure content despite the fact that he is piloting the next best thing to a grav lift for hauling cargo. "You get your flight training with the Republic, or privately?" he asks.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-01, 05:38 AM
"Privately, of a sort." his smiled waned slightly while remembering his childhood, but he didn't let it effect his voice "I never chose to be a pilot, but i'm glad it was the direction my life went. Flying was the only time I felt free when I was growing up."

He enjoyed the gentle hum of the engine through the controls before switching back to autopilot and turning to face Oric.

"I haven't been at the controls of a ship for about 3 standard months, so you'll have to excuse my over enthusiasm. So what about you? How'd you learn your trade?"

msngae
2013-01-01, 12:57 PM
Fen gives Tavhoc a questioning look as he combs the cargo hold further for the cargo manifest. "Don't suppose you've seen the manifest? If you haven't I'll comm the cockpit. Might need to write up a manifest and controlled import permit if the boss didn't give us those, whether for one reason or another."

LordHavelock
2013-01-01, 03:39 PM
"Nothing to excuse, it's good that you should take such joy in what you do. Even if you do not choose your fate, you can still be master of your heart." Oric replies casually, as if such platitudes were commonplace.

"My father was a ships engineer, taught me as a child, then I enlisted in the Republic Engineering Corps, finished my training. I learned a lot from both, but like you . . . " He turns and looks up from the control panel and suddenly his voice carries a great deal more meaning, "I was born with a greater destiny. Mando'ad draar digu."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-01, 04:41 PM
" Verd ori'shya beskar'gam. You speak Mando'a? I didn't see that coming. Are you Mandalorian?" he looked the big man over with a new degree of respect.

"I only know a few phrases, but i'm trying to learn more."

LordHavelock
2013-01-01, 10:37 PM
Oric's eyes widen when Tyrel responds in mando'a, however unpracticed. Clearly there is more to him than some yokel space jockey. The phrase he chose to respond with in particular, speaks deeply to Oric, having no armor of his own and having recently been frustrated in the pursuit of it. "On my mother's side, yes. She was born a Mandalorian, and taught me follow Resol'nare. While she lapsed from that path when she married my father, I have felt the call to clan and honor as long as I can remember." He says, arching an eyebrow in equal parts skepticism and new found respect for the Arkanian.

"Learning our language should not be undertaken lightly. It is a part of becoming a child of Mandalore as much as donning our armor and following the code." Oric's tone is far from chiding or threatening, but does carry a cautionary air, as he attempts to gauge whether this Tyrel might be a true kindred spirit, worthy of more than just a begrudging respect.

Odentin
2013-01-02, 02:12 AM
Tavhoc takes a look about, to see if the manifest is somewhere stashed that the Arkanian simply didn't see...

Perception: [roll0]

Darth_Versity
2013-01-02, 03:10 AM
"I learn your language out of respect for your people. A respect few in the galaxy seem to share. I was shot down by pirates once. A wandering band of Mandalorian's pulled me from the wreckage. Tended my wounds. Fed me, clothed me. It was the first true bit of kindness I had ever received in my life."

He looked away, trying to hold back the wave of emotion as he remembered how happy he felt at the time.

"Of course they did help themselves to anything they wanted in the wreckage. But then, why shouldn't they? They could have easily done the same and left me to die, but they chose not to. When I was well enough to leave they even flew me to a space port and gave me some credits to get me started again. That was 2 years ago."

He look back at Oric, having held back the emotion. " If Mandalorian's are really the war mongering beasts that other claim they could not do all that for a stranger. So I couldn't give a rancors tit what others think, I respect the Mandalorian's and their ways."

LordHavelock
2013-01-02, 03:25 AM
Oric found himself surprisingly touched by Tyrel's story. His eyes brightened and his chest swelled with something approaching pride as he straightened in the copilot's chair to the disciplined attention status he had been taught. "Your story is more heartening to me than you might know. I left my parents to become a true Mandalorian, but I soon learned just how much the Splintering has taken from my people, seeing how many had turned to thuggery and forgotten Resolnare. I had begun to believe that I would never find a Mandalorian worthy of the title . . . " He trailed off and looked out in to the stars for a long moment before continuing. "But stories like yours remind me that there is still honor amongst my people."

Oric looked back at Tyrel, appraising him up and down with a long, careful stare. "Have you considered Gai bal manda?" He asked frankly.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-02, 05:34 AM
"Gai bal manda? Gai bal manda?" he played the words around his tongue, trying to remember their meaning. "Oh... Adoption. It was something that was mentioned to me by Cassus. He was the one who found me in the ship. I couldn't though... not at that time at least."

"You see, I was contractually obligated to the Synis family of Arkania. I was litle more than a slave. When we were shot down, my 'master' and most of his family died, thus giving me the first freedom I had ever tasted. If I had agreed to the adoption I would have had to stay with Cassus for him to teach me your ways. But I was desperate to finally experience the galaxy my way. To go where I wish without the consent of another. At the time Gai bal manda would have been like another chain holding me back."

He mulled the thought over, trying to decide if it was a good idea. "Now however... I guess it wouldn't be so bad. I havent seen my fill of the galaxy yet, but my hunger is sated for the time being. Maybe returning to Dxun and learning your ways properly wouldn't be such a bad idea."

LordHavelock
2013-01-02, 04:52 PM
"Not such a bad idea . . . ?" Oric shakes his head and looks back at what he was doing. Clearly Tyrel does not take it so seriously as to merit true candidacy. Still though, perhaps with time, if there mission goes well . . . Then again, Oric was hardly sure he himself qualified to adopt another Mandalorian as yet. The few others he'd met who kept to the code had treated him as an outsider, regardless of how well he kept to their mutual ways. Perhaps that more than anything is what lead him to this latest fiasco in his efforts to acquire his own beskar'gam.

Then however, he remembered Tyrel's words from before: 'Verd ori'shya beskar'gam. - 'A warrior is more than his armor'. Tyrel was perhaps a bit more free spirited than Oric's disciplined mind was accustomed to, but perhaps his heart was just as much Mandalorian. "I have yet to go to Dxun myself." He conceded, "I have heard . . . varying reports."

Odentin
2013-01-02, 07:33 PM
Tavhoc shakes his head, "Haven't seen one. Might ask the droid."

msngae
2013-01-03, 10:07 AM
"Thanks offisah!" Fen gives Tavhoc a mock salute and a wink before comming the cockpit.

"Either of you two seen the cargo manifest? Tavhoc and I have checked the cargo bay, but we've not turned up anything."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-03, 10:49 AM
"Hey, DAC." he turns to the droid. "They can't find the manifest. Where is it?"

Kydell
2013-01-03, 12:40 PM
"bzzzt, blip beep *whistle":"Shipping manifest...not found. None is known to be required."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-03, 05:10 PM
Tyrel presses the intercom and repeats the droids words. "Sounds a bit odd to me. I'm still not convinced our 'medical supplies' are legit. Can't exactly back out now though, so what's the plan?"

Tyrel isn't bothered about delivering illegal goods, but he'd rather have a plan in place in case of official intervention.

Odentin
2013-01-03, 05:58 PM
Tavhoc walks over and presses the comm, "Same as always, get the cargo delivered. Just don't give any wandering cruisers cause to stop us.....Keep the sensors on, though."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-03, 06:24 PM
"I get it... Fly casual."

Kydell
2013-01-03, 11:00 PM
"bzzrrrt...phbtbbbb. *whistle*, beep":"Entering the Denon system. Approximately 2 hours before arrival at Eastern Alto-Deno."

LordHavelock
2013-01-04, 04:15 AM
Oric looks up from the maintenance panel when he hears the droids announcement. "Tyrell, Fen can either of you confirm that? I've got a diagnostic here I want to make sure there's enough time to finish running it myself." He goes back to his work, leaving his comlink open. 'Wonder if that other Nagai fellow, Tavhoc, will actually make himself seen before we make the rezvendous. Something off about him.' The thinks to himself rather loudly.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-04, 04:24 AM
Tyrel quickly runs some numbers to confirm the droids announcement. While he doubts the droid would make a mistake he's not entirely convinced it wouldn't lie to him.

Knowledge physical sciences
[roll0]

"Hey DAC, I think you made a mistake there. There's 3 hours till arrival."

Tyrel turns back to the controls, highly unimpressed with this model from Dac Cybotics.

Kydell
2013-01-05, 07:05 PM
"whurrrrr, bip. beep bzzzzt. phbtbtbt"":"Sensors indicate you are correct. Compensating. Notification adjustment successful."

Kydell
2013-01-07, 12:26 PM
"Whurrrr...bzzzt. Beep, beep *whistle*":"Entering Denonian orbit. Prepare for atmospheric ingress."

Before the ship gets much further, you are hailed by the planet's security, "Please confirm your transponder code, state your business and designated landing site."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-07, 05:33 PM
Tyrel sends over the ships ID and codes.

"Cargo ship Ivory Dagger transporting supplies to Eastern Alto-Deno."

LordHavelock
2013-01-08, 02:56 PM
Oric returned to the cabin, wiping some hydraulic fluid from his hands onto his vest as he took the copilot's seat again. Muting the audio on their in for a moment he turned to Tyrel, "Have you detected any planetary defense craft? It would be best to know whether we should make to outrun or outgun them should need arise . . . " He trailed off as he began to punch in the sensor sweep himself, in full honesty not where his true expertise lay. "Not that I doubt our employer's integrity mind you, just that these lawmen always carry with them . . . complications."

Kydell
2013-01-10, 12:37 AM
"Confirmed, Ivory Dagger. You're cleared for a docking at the Denonian Interstellar Landing Pad. Welcome to Denon."

The navicomputer registers the quickest route to the landing pad. Flying there is brief, but gives much to observe as you skirt past the imposing Denonian architecture. A cavalcade of shuttles and speeders maneuver around each other to get their passengers safely to their destination. Behemoth airships lazily drift into equally sizable moorings while a great many beings of all species congest the catwalks and footways below. The particular harbor you are looking for is built into the side of a columnar tower of silvery blue metals with no discernible company markings. You find docking bay 36 and land quite easily without so much as a scratch.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-10, 11:41 AM
Tyrel switched on the internal comlink, "OK guys, we're here. Im shutting the engines down but leaving most things on standby for a quick getaway if necessary."

He turns to Oric, a slight smile on his face as he loosened the blaster at his side. "Shall we go say hello to our welcoming party?"

Odentin
2013-01-10, 03:35 PM
Tavhoc steps up to the control panel for the cargo bay door, watching the outer camera for the retrieval group. Once they approach, he lowers the ramp and moves to greet them.

Unless they look like soldiers, in which case he keeps the bay shut tight.

LordHavelock
2013-01-10, 03:43 PM
Oric slings his own blaster carbine behind his back, not expecting trouble, but then, would be almost disappointed if there run went as smoothly as all this. He nodded in agreement, "Hopefully they're in as cheery a mood to be receiving their medical supplies as you have been in delivering them." A smile hinted around his own visage but only for an instant. The damn Arkanian's mood was infectious.

He moved purposefully to join Tyrell and Tavhoc at the cargo bay doors.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-11, 06:15 AM
"Hey Oric, that smile looks good on you. You should enjoy life more often." He looked around. "Hey, wheres that idiot Arkanian?"

LordHavelock
2013-01-11, 02:30 PM
Upon Tyrel's comment, Oric's smile almost immediately turns to his usual visage of stern appraisal and purpose as he too glances around. "Idiot might be a bit much, he certainly seemed adept in his duties . . . There was something however . . . shifty about him." He nods in agreement but keeps his own eyes pealed for their drop off.

Odentin
2013-01-11, 11:59 PM
Tavhoc glances over his shoulder, smirking at the Mandalorian, "There's something shifty about all of you. And about this run. Let's just hope these buyers don't get uppity..."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-12, 05:55 AM
"Don't you mean 'Let's hope these guys have the money to pay us so we don't get uppity'? I don't know about you guys, but i'm pretty strapped for credits. I was saving for a ship but lost what I had due to... complications."

msngae
2013-01-13, 12:12 PM
"The shifty idiot is up here, children." Fen calls from the maintenance level, where he'd spent the last three hours doing all sorts of make-work. Pointless, certainly, but how else does one spend a three hour sublight flight?

He slides down the ladder to join the group at the airlock "Well, let's hope the delivery goes as smoothly as the flight. If anyone asks for details, we'll just hand him the datapad." He raises an eyebrow at Tyrel. "You do have it with you, right?"

Darth_Versity
2013-01-13, 12:44 PM
"What? Do you think i'm an idiot? I've got it right..." he patted his pockets "...on the bridge."

He sighed in frustration. "Back in a minute."

msngae
2013-01-13, 08:53 PM
Fen doesn't say anything, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the huge grin he's directing at Tyrel is supposed to mean.

Kydell
2013-01-15, 02:04 AM
As Tavhoc watches the rear lift camera, he sees the docking bay access doors part to reveal seven individuals walking through. The two flanking the left and right of the party appear to be Klatooinians in armor, both with blaster rifles out and at the ready. A female Zeltron is at the forefront in a white uniform with vivid yellow markings across the shoulders, left arm and left leg. She wears matching yellow gloves, and has a single blaster pistol strapped to her right thigh. Behind her and between the two Klatooinians are the last four people. Two Duros, a Bith and a Nik'to. All of whom are garbed in dingy grey jumpsuits and have in-tow a large repulsorlift handtruck.

The crew stops just after entering the bay, and shut the door behind them. The Zeltron walks up to the rear cargo lift, 'Hello?'

Darth_Versity
2013-01-15, 05:46 AM
Tyrel comes back with the datapad, slightly out of breath.

"It's ok. I've got it. I've got it. It was..." he suddenly notices the Zeltron and his whole demeanor changes. "Well well. Hello."

He sidles up to her and offers his hand. "Greetings, I'm Tyrel Starstream. Welcome to the Ivory Dagger, miss...?"

Kydell
2013-01-15, 12:18 PM
The Zeltron walks forward, completely ignoring Tyrel. 'The Ivory Dagga,' she says in mock-awe, 'What an ugly star-skippa'. But it ain't teh' outside what counts, is it?' She glances back at the four workmen, and they get to work pushing the handcart up and into the ship.

LordHavelock
2013-01-15, 12:19 PM
Oric was sizing up the Klatoonian body guards when Tyrel returned, slightly out of breath. The loading crew hardly seemed like the type to put up a fight, but the other two already had there blasters drawn and ready, a gesture which commanded his full attention, despite the lovely bit of sentient life that Tyrel was currently sidling up to. He rolled his eyes at that, and slowly, moved his hand to rest upon the butt of his carbine, slung behind him, but no less at the ready than of the two Klatoonians.

Odentin
2013-01-15, 01:08 PM
Tavhoc opens the ramp as they approach, and follows the others down silently. He opens his mind again as he walks down the ramp, scanning for nearby Force users before locking himself down again. He watches the guards intently, as if poised to attack (or run like hell) at the slightest provocation.

UTF to scan: [roll0]
UTF to hide from scan: [roll1]

Darth_Versity
2013-01-16, 11:17 AM
Tyrel looks down at his ignored hand and shrugs. He turns suddenly at the suggestion that the Ivory Dagger was ugly. It may not be his ship, but he is still defensive about it.

He attempts a disarming smile and looks at the Zeltron. "Well then, to business. You want your goods and we want payment. 1000 credits each was the agreed price, so thats 5000 credits."

He crosses his arms in a way that suggests no bartering "As soon as we're paid, you can unload your cargo."

I'm trying to suggest the droid should get a share as well for helping transport the cargo.
Persuation check [roll0]

Ahh. That's... not good. I assume I fail to beat her will defence :smalltongue:

Kydell
2013-01-16, 01:06 PM
'You'll get your creds, chief. First, let me take a look at our package. If it's been opened or anyfin', I'm afraid you'll have to take your useless cargo back to that old wolf, without payment.'

The Zeltron walks up the ramp and onto the ship as she slides a pair of white rimmed glasses with blue lenses over her eyes. She opens a pouch on her belt to pull out a small electronic cylinder. From one end emits a bright red light that she shines along what appears to be a possible opening to the container. After making a very thorough search she puts away the device and turns to speak to you, 'Very good. You lot aren't as dumb as you look.' She pulls out four credit chips and hands them each to you, 'Only brought four thousand, one on each chip. Tell old 'Dross that his payment ought to be wired to him by the time you get back.'

msngae
2013-01-17, 10:43 AM
Fen fidgets anxiously and glances about for any sign of trouble as the presence of three obviously armed people coming on board the ship trigger his self preservation instincts and paranoia simultaneously.

Not that it stops him from snicker-coughing when Tyrel gets shot down twice in rapid succession by the woman.

"*Ahem*. Before we release the shipment to you, could you please sign here?" He pulls out a datapad with the spoofed cargo manifest on it. "Just to confirm that you've received the shipment."

[roll0] perceptively looking for trouble.
[roll1] gauging Zeltron reaction to datapad.

Kydell
2013-01-17, 12:49 PM
'Is this some joke that ragged dog sent you on?' she asks as she looks over the document. She signs the document and snuffs, 'If it'll get this ugly ship out of here, I'd sign a contract with the Sith.'

She hands the document back and it reads in fairly legible writing -Phelonia Zep-

Phelonia then gestures to the workmen to gather the crate. Between the four of them, they are able to lift the crate onto the repulsorlift cart, and push it down the loading ramp. As the guards escort the crate through the docking bay's threshold, Phelonia turns to address the crew of the Ivory Dagger one last time, 'Get back to Dross and tell him we appreciate doing business.'

LordHavelock
2013-01-17, 01:02 PM
Oric remains silent, not particularly interested in the Zeltron's jibe's against their employer, but takes notice when Fen moves forward with his datapad, getting a receipt of a delivery. Certainly not the kind of thing that would occur to him, clearly the other engineer had a mind for business, or whatever business these shady dealings amounted to. On the whole, he was just glad to finally have some credits in his pocket after the disaster in trying to purchase that Beskard. He carefully observed the workers as they lifted and moved the crates, making sure they and the guards were not up to anything more illicit than what was already going on.

Perception:[roll0]

Darth_Versity
2013-01-17, 03:37 PM
Having lost interest in the Zeltron, since that accent and foul mouthing of the ship could not make up for beauty, Tyrel turned his attention to the crate being unloaded and remaining guards and his companions.

perception [roll0]

Kydell
2013-01-19, 03:46 AM
Phelonia and her crew all leave the hangar bay with no more fuss than when they entered, clearly pleased with the transaction. You are left to your own devices, and each with 1,000 more credits than when you arrived.

DAC-29 had been watching the activity from the other end of the ship's cargo antechamber. When the Zeltron had left, he slunk over to the rest of the crew. 'bzzzzrt, beep. Whurrrr boop, *whistle*':'Andros asks that you all return by tomorrow. Your compliance has proved you all to be reliable assistants, and he wishes for you to continue to work for him.'

msngae
2013-01-19, 01:32 PM
Fen bobs his head at DAC, then at the assembled group. "Have you ever heard the phrase about who the rube is in a game of sabacc?" He asks rhetorically. "I have this suspicion that it is entirely applicable here. Perhaps a comm to Dross would be wise?"

LordHavelock
2013-01-19, 01:37 PM
Oric eyes both the droid and Fenn, arching an eyebrow as suspicions of both roil back and forth. "Maybe once we've cleared the planet's orbit. No need to give away our location or signal to any defense forces that something they might otherwise take notice of is finished." Then, turning to Tyrell, "What do you think?" He trusted the Arkanian half-breed, as the most sensible person he'd yet interacted with on the voyage, even as it occurred to him that this was one of the difficulties when there was no clear chain of command yet established.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-19, 04:49 PM
"Well I have credits in hand and not a single blaster wound in sight. I'd call this a success. However..." he looks directly at DAC "Something tells me that everything we say and do is either reaching the 'old wolf' or will do eventually."

He shrugs, nonchalantly "But then, if you were in his shoes with an unknown crew, wouldn't you do the same? At least I think we should have earned some trust with this."

Odentin
2013-01-19, 05:42 PM
Tavhoc watches the Zeltron and her crew carefully while they are on the ship, and takes his credit chip when offered. As soon as they are out of range, though, the Nagai lets out a sigh of relief, "I'd love to stick around and relieve a few rubes out of their credits at sabaac, but considering the old wolf wants his ship back, I think it might be best to get it back to him, soon."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-19, 05:53 PM
"Agreed. Strap yourselves in boys, we leave as soon as I get in the pilots seat. Hopefully the journey back will be as uneventful as the journey here."

And with that, he headed for the cockpit.

LordHavelock
2013-01-19, 08:22 PM
Oric nodded, following Tyrell on to the ship, though he waited at the base of the loading ramp for Tavhoc and Fen to board ahead of him, keeping a watchful eye on the hangar bay door before closing the ramp up after himself.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-20, 04:59 PM
Tyrel got in the pilots seat and started the engines back up. "Ok, its an eight hour flight back." he announced over the intercom "So if anyone has anywhere they want to go or do while we're here let me know because we probably wont be back for a while."

LordHavelock
2013-01-21, 11:48 PM
Oric was never one to spend freely, and in light of his most recent enterprise, was won't to part with these latest credits, despite the relative ease with which they had earned them. Still, that business with the beskar had forced him to pawn a good portion of his own gear, and credits in your pocket were no good to a dead man. "If anyone else has their credits burning a hole in their pocket, I would not be opposed to a venture to whatever passes for a market here. I'd be lying if I said I felt comfortable in such . . . light regalia." He punctuated his words with a thumbing of his threadbare vest.

Odentin
2013-01-22, 12:02 AM
Tavhoc snickers a bit at the Mandalorian, shaking his head. He'd never really seen the point of being to heavily armored that it becomes hard to move, but to each their own, "I've got everything I need right here on me."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-22, 05:45 PM
Tyrel sits in the pilot seat and starts a few systems up. Then, on impulse, he clicks up the local holonet on his datapad and searches for any jobs in the local area that the crew may be able to do before heading back.

Just to see if theres a small side quest we could do.

Use Computer [roll0]

Kydell
2013-01-24, 03:07 AM
The HoloNet seems fairly hopeless until you stumble across two passengers who needs safe passage to Byblos City on Byblos. They are willing to pay 2,000 credits.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-24, 04:07 AM
Tyrel presses the intercom again. "Slight change of plans guys. Seems a couple want quick passage off this rock and are offering decent money. You guys up for a quick space run?"

LordHavelock
2013-01-24, 12:54 PM
Oric shrugs, "No objections here, any decent set of armor would cost more than what I've got in my pocket at present. Besides, the best defense is a good offense." He pats the butt of his blaster carbine fondly.

Odentin
2013-01-24, 05:42 PM
Tavhov taps his ear to activate his comm, "How decent?"

Darth_Versity
2013-01-24, 08:37 PM
The thought of lying about the pay and taking extra for himself crossed Tyrel's mind, but he dismissed the idea almost immediately. In this particular circumstances it would be to easy to get caught out.

"500 credits each. Easy money for a simple passenger delivery. On top of that, we're not paying for the fuel, Andros is. Makes it an even sweeter deal."

msngae
2013-01-25, 03:53 AM
"I assume they want passage to Isneo? I doubt Dross will mind if we drop two of them off on the way."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-25, 04:53 AM
"Not... Exactly. They need to get to Byblos, which is, sort of, on the way."

msngae
2013-01-25, 10:25 AM
"By 'on the way', do you mean the scenic route or actually en route?" Fen grumbles testily into the ship's comm. "If Dross is actually tracking his ship I do not think he will appreciate us using his ship for a side job. Unless he isn't, or he doesn't mind."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-25, 11:00 AM
"Scenic route. I don't remember the old wolf saying we couldn't go for a bit of ride in the ship. Just that we need to be back for tomorrow."

He turns to the droid. "Hey, DAC. Do you think Andros will have a problem with us making a side trip so long as we're back on time?"

Kydell
2013-01-25, 11:10 AM
'Bzzzrt Beep, beep-whurrrr':'Andros expects you to be back at Iseno by tomorrow.'

Odentin
2013-01-25, 11:21 AM
Tavhoc frowns, "So long as they stick to their quarters and don't get us in trouble, I'll go along with it."

LordHavelock
2013-01-25, 11:35 AM
Oric pulls Tyrell aside for a moment, speaking to him privately, "We could always deactivate the droid for a while, or fiddle with it's memory circuits, and Andros would be none the wiser."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-25, 11:52 AM
Oric pulls Tyrell aside for a moment, speaking to him privately, "We could always deactivate the droid for a while, or fiddle with it's memory circuits, and Andros would be none the wiser."

"Well reprogramming isn't my strong suit. But shutting it down is easy enough. The others will be around the ship, not in the cockpit, so they'll be none the wiser."

LordHavelock
2013-01-25, 11:57 AM
"Well reprogramming isn't my strong suit. But shutting it down is easy enough. The others will be around the ship, not in the cockpit, so they'll be none the wiser."

Turning back to the group, "Sounds like it's settled then. Tyrell, let's go pick up those passengers." He says, and straps into the copilot's seat once more.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-25, 12:11 PM
"Tyrelly..?" he sits in the pilots seat grumbling to himself "Of all the idiotic nicknames..."

He flips the Holonet message over to Oric's screen and starts the final prep before take off. "You need to reply to the message saying we'll perform the transfer for them. We'll wait till they're on board to mention that we'll require additional hazard pay if we get into any trouble on their behalf."

LordHavelock
2013-01-25, 12:18 PM
Oric resumed his usual gruff appearance as he brought up the holonet message. "Passengers, this is the Oric Rakvar of the Ivory Dagger, responding to your request to transport to Byblos. Please transmit your location and confirmation of receipt."

Kydell
2013-01-25, 12:58 PM
'Someone ansur'd our post! Hullo, I'm Megel, with Deet. We need fly to Byblos!' The voice is quite hoarse and speaks bad basic, 'We in station, and have credits.' The location is sent through the comm. ready to be pulled up on the navicomputer. It registers as docking bay 42 at The Seventh Municipal Space Mooring of Central Mezzo-Deno.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-25, 01:04 PM
"Well we have a heading at least. Lets go meet our passengers."

He finishes his preparations and the starts flying off the landing pad.

Pilot (damn that minus 10 for ship size) [roll0]

The takeoff isn't smooth and the ship roacks about slightly. Tyrel turns to Oric.

"Damn, sorry 'bout that."

Kydell
2013-01-25, 02:09 PM
Despite the jumpy takeoff, you make it into the air just fine. The trip from Eastern Alto-Deno to Central Mezzo-Deno takes just over three-quarters of an hour. This district of the ecumenopolis displays a prodigious commercial hub of space travel, with more than seventy-five separate publicly and privately owned ship wharves in a six square kilometer range. The sky above these stations is teaming with shuttles, air speeders, personal crafts and freighters. It is a wonder that the vessels aren't constantly colliding. You find the Seventh Municipal Space Mooring and subsequently, docking bay 42.

Odentin
2013-01-25, 04:06 PM
As they approach the docking bay, Tavhoc taps his comm again, "Alright, let's make this quick. Get payment in advance and let's go."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-27, 05:27 AM
Tyrel kept the engines going, ready for a quick take off. As soon as he had confirmation of the credits, he'd waste no time hitting the skies.

Kydell
2013-01-27, 06:34 PM
You pull into docking bay 42 and land the craft easily. The opening to the bay is wide and tall, it opens into even higher ceilings inside. The bay itself is a public bay, and as such it is not a sectioned off room, but just a large recess marked off by a low durasteel fence. Next to the fence's opening to the main walkway stand two male gran, each wearing a different colored all-purpose speed suit. They appear anxious to leave, as they start to approach before you lower the boarding ramp.

Odentin
2013-01-27, 06:37 PM
Tavhoc greets them at the top of the ramp, hopefully out of sight of any recording devices. He nods at each of them as they ascend, modulating his voice for them, "Greetings, gentlemen. Let's have our payment, then, and I'll show you to your quarters."

Kydell
2013-01-27, 06:40 PM
The gran in the blue speedsuit steps forward, 'We pay five hundred now, the rest later.'

Odentin
2013-01-27, 06:43 PM
Tavhoc smiles, none too reassuringly, "We'll have the payment up front, to ensure that we don't have any difficulty later."

Persuasion: [roll0]

Kydell
2013-01-27, 06:48 PM
'Okay, we'll do this. My name is Megel. This is Deet. Where will we stay?' He speaks as he walks on board alongside Deet. They are each carrying small briefcases, but no other luggage. At the top of the ramp, he opens his bag and reaches into one of the inner pockets. He counts out two thousand credits and hands them to Tavhoc.

Odentin
2013-01-27, 06:52 PM
Tavhoc collects the payment and taps the ramp control, starting the ramp closing and the airlock sealing, at the same time grinding his teeth in a covert pattern to activate his comm, "We're good, let's go. Right this way gentlemen."

He leads them to the cabins, "These will be your quarters. Please refrain from wandering the ship during our flight, and we'll get you to Byblos as quickly as possible."

Darth_Versity
2013-01-28, 09:56 AM
Hearing the all clear, Tyrel kicked the engine into gear. "Hang on to something folks, we're on our way." he declared over the intercom.

It was going to be close, getting these people to Byblos and reaching Andros the next day. But with some skill, and luck, they'd make it.

Pilot [roll0]
Meh, that'll do. I was going to use my 1/encounter reroll if it was poor.

LordHavelock
2013-01-29, 09:10 PM
Oric casually escorts the pair up the ramp, then rejoins Tyrell in the cockpit, but only long enough say, "I'm going to keep an eye on our guests. Run a patrol threw the sensitive areas of the ship and past their quarters. Buzz me on the intercom if you need someone filling the seat up here, or if Fen has any engineering concerns."

He then proceeds to set up a route that takes him past engineer, the cargo bay and a few other secluded areas of the ship. He makes a check of each one before circling around to the passengers quarters, timing the circuit to see how long it takes at an otherwise leisurely pace. His blaster is slung at the ready as he walks and he maintains a vigilant watch for anything out of the ordinary.

Kydell
2013-01-31, 12:40 PM
During mid flight approximately 2 hours out, Oric and Tyrel are in the cockpit talking about mandalorian customs. Fen is on the second floor engineering deck checking the hyperdrive and the life support. As Tavhoc is patrolling the cargo bay area, he hears a small clicking noise. He turns just in time to see both Gran standing side by side just outside of their quarters holding blasters. They both fire.

Unfortunately, they both hit Tavhoc, dealing 11 and 12 damage (23 altogether). However, everyone else on the ship hears the blaster fire and everyone must now make an initiative check.

Darth_Versity
2013-01-31, 03:55 PM
Tyrel is on his feet in an instant and looks at Oric, blaster in hand. "What the..." and he runs out in the direction of the noise.

[roll0]
Natural 20, would have rather saved that for my first attack roll! Oh well, I think I may be going first :smallbiggrin:

Odentin
2013-01-31, 04:04 PM
Tavhoc snarls, but drops into a combat stance...

Init: [roll0]

LordHavelock
2013-01-31, 09:02 PM
Oric curses himself for taking time out of his patrol to check in with Tyrell (not begrudging him the time but still). He unslings his blaster as he prepares for combat.

Initiative-[roll0]

msngae
2013-02-01, 04:19 PM
At the sound of gunfire and Tavhoc's snarling, Fen flinches and ducks behind the command console, drawing his pistol and leveling it down the walkway at the... err...
"Gunfire in the cargo bay!" he shouts into the comm, running towards the ladder.

[roll0] Initiative

Darth_Versity
2013-02-01, 07:22 PM
As Tyrel flowed through the access tunnel the realisation that something had gone wrong, and that bringing these 'guests' on board was his idea, grated on his mind. He pushed the thoughts away though and surged down the corridor before Oric barely had time to stand up.

He moves into the cargo bay as quietly as possible without slowing and surveys the situation. Tavhoc stood there unarmed, clearly in pain from two blast wounds, and the gran were leveling pistols at him ready to fire again.

Tyrel dived to the left to get behind some crates and opened fire on the closest victim.

Swift Action: Squeeze through tunnel
Move Action: Head down corridor
Move Action: Finish move into cargo bay stealthily and head left to get behind cover
Standard Action: Fire at nearest enemy

Acrobatics [roll0]

Stealth [roll1] (includes -5 for moving more than speed in a round.

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Please all be good...

Hmm, well I think I was doing well... right up until I pulled the trigger. Damn.

Odentin
2013-02-01, 08:28 PM
Tavhoc glances at the Arkanians coming into the fray, and again at the Duros, finally resigning himself to do what is necessary to survive. He surges forward, pulling his lightsaber from its hidden sheath and igniting it on the way. As he reaches the pair of assailants, he brings the silver blade upwards in a wide slash.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Also, that one attack moved me down the condition track a step. Already considered that in my attack roll...

msngae
2013-02-06, 03:11 AM
Fen gets to the ladder and makes to start climbing down before the distinctive swish-hiss of an igniting lightsaber freezes him in his tracks. Cautiously, he instead leans over the hatch, sweeping his oversized blaster over Tavhoc and the Gran below, unsure who he should fire on. After a moments hesitation he picks a target and

"Damn it. Really hope Tav's on our side." he mumbles as he sights the closest Gran and squeezes the trigger.

Attack
[roll]4d6 Damage

Kydell
2013-02-07, 12:40 PM
Upon seeing the lightsaber, the gran closest to Tavhoc steps away. [provoking an attack of opportunity] and then fires again at the Jedi. The second gran gets against the wall and shoots at Tyrell.

Both shots miss their targets hitting empty spaces on the walls instead.

Odentin
2013-02-07, 01:27 PM
"Coward." Tavhoc grunts as he brings the blade back around in a shorter, more targeted strike.

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Darth_Versity
2013-02-07, 03:11 PM
"What the..." Tyrel was taken aback by the lightsaber, but didn't let it effect his aim. However in the back of his mind he knew jedi were nothing but trouble and wondered what this meant for them all.

Maybe they'll all kill eachother, he thought to himself happily while shooting the nearest Gran.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Odentin
2013-02-09, 11:38 PM
Tavhoc steps forward, his eyes raging but his face completely placid as he brings the saber around for another strike against his target.

Attacking same guy.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kydell
2013-02-10, 12:30 AM
The blaster shots from Fen and Tyrell fell the gran known as Deet as he leaned against the nearby wall. Seeing this, the other lets out a high-pitched ululation. Both anger and fear appear to cross his face, but he stands his ground.

msngae
2013-02-10, 01:42 PM
Fen switches targets as soon as the Gran drops, firing off his second shot of the encounter.

Attack: 1d20+2
Damage: 4d6

Kydell
2013-02-10, 01:46 PM
Fen's blaster shot tears through the second gran's head as his body slumps against the door they had come out of. Both now lie dead on the ground.

Odentin
2013-02-10, 02:29 PM
Tavhoc stands over the bodies of the dead gran, lightsaber still ignited at his side. He turns to face the others, keeping his weapon ready, though not raised, for as long as there are blasters leveled at him. He doesn't speak first, just keeps his eyes sweeping from crewmate to crewmate like a cornered animal.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-10, 03:43 PM
Tyrel keeps his blaster leveled at Tavhoc. He slowly stands up and steps around the crate he was behind, keeping his blaster steady and never taking his eyes off of his 'companion'.

"Now then Jedi. Seems we have a tricky situation here. Clearly those two were after you for some reason, which only confirms the rumors that you and your kind are nothing but trouble."

He looks over the burns from where Tavhoc had been grazed by the Gran's attack.

"Now seems to me your not at your best and right now you have 2 more guns on you and Oric's on he way to make that 3. So why don't you drop that sword and we'll all have a nice friendly chat about who you really are and why those guys wanted to kill you."

Odentin
2013-02-10, 05:04 PM
Tavhoc doesn't bring his blade up, but keeps it lit, "I'm no jedi, so there's no reason for them to have been after me. Just a case of wrong place, wrong time. So why don't you lower that weapon and we can figure out what they were actually doing on this ship, yeah?

Darth_Versity
2013-02-11, 04:07 AM
"You have one of them laser swords and claim not to be a Jedi. Don't insult my intelligence. You say there's no reason they were after you, which only suggests you attacked them first. With that as a possibiity, i'll keep my blaster pointing at you , thank you very much."

Odentin
2013-02-11, 09:53 AM
Tavhoc rolls his eyes, "Idiot. This is why I don't use this thing if I don't have to. You don't have to be a Jedi to use these things! They're just hard to get. I took this one off a dead one. Now think, long and hard. If I attacked them at close range, you really think I'd have these burns? Now lower your weapon."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-11, 11:52 AM
Tyrel eyes the weapon, not sure what to make of this 'not Jedi'. He looks past Tavhoc to the only other person in the room.

"Well Fen, what do you think? Give him the benefit of the doubt, or blast him here now?"

msngae
2013-02-12, 11:48 AM
Fen inclines his head, having taken the opportunity to climb down the ladder and lower his oversized monstrosity of a pistol to hipfire height. "I think many things, ace, and right now I'm thinking that maybe someone who can't block blaster shots might be smart to turn off his toy."

He raises his free hand over the engineering console next to him. "I also think that it would be regretful if Dross had allowed this console access to the cargobay doors."

Odentin
2013-02-12, 11:57 AM
Tavhoc turns his gaze to Fen in response to the threat, "And I think that I'm not about to stand here and let myself get executed without a chance. You lower your weapons, I'll disengage mine. Simple as that."

msngae
2013-02-12, 12:05 PM
Fen raises an eyebrow at that, strange that Tavhoc would protest his not-Jedi-ness and then effectively confirm his status as a force-user. "Perhaps if you were not a Jedi, I would believe you unarmed without a weapon. A gradual disarmament then, pick up a blaster and disengage your blade, I will holster mine."

Odentin
2013-02-12, 01:18 PM
Tavhoc shakes his head, "Or how about you lower your blasters, then I disengage this thing, and we won't have any reason to be threatening each other anymore?"

Darth_Versity
2013-02-12, 05:26 PM
"Enough of this ridiculous stalemate." Tyrel lowers his blaster but keeps a firm grip on it. "There, now switch off your blade and Fen will lower his once thats done."

He gives a sigh looking at the mess on the floor. "And then we can sort out who you are and who they were."

Odentin
2013-02-12, 06:30 PM
Tavhoc shakes his head, "Not until I'm no longer being threatened."

He turns back to Fen, looking at him expectantly.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-12, 07:47 PM
As Tavhoc turns to look at Fen, Tyrel switches his blaster to stun and signals to Fen to do the same.

Stealth [roll0]

Hmm, if Tavhoc beats that with his perception I may reroll with determination.

Odentin
2013-02-12, 07:58 PM

This is going so well.

Edit: Reroll if you're gonna. Otherwise, I'll have Tavhoc react...

Darth_Versity
2013-02-13, 02:12 AM
Reroll
[roll0]
Oh, for crying out loud. Does a draw on skill challenge equal a reroll?

This is going so well. I can see someone getting there ass kicked before long, and i'm not convinced its you! :smallamused:

msngae
2013-02-13, 11:00 AM
Fen makes a show of lazily flipping the selector switch to stun.
"This is the closest I'm going to allow while you're still armed. Last chance to turn it off."

Kydell
2013-02-13, 11:08 AM
Since the fight with the two gran, the dagger had been idling in empty space. From the cockpit comes a chorus of very loud beeps buzzes and whurrs as DAC-29 tries to get the crew's attention. All of a sudden the ship gives a violent shake as it's hit with blaster fire.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-13, 11:30 AM
"Oh, by a Zeltons ruddy great nipples..."

He looks at the other two and holsters his weapon. "Enough of this. We've got bigger problems. Fen, get to the engines. Tavhoc, space those bodies."

And he turns and runs to cockpit mumbling about what Oric has been doing all this time.

Kydell
2013-02-13, 11:44 AM
As you return to the cockpit, Oric is found half-asleep in the co-pilot's chair. He seems quite surprised by what's going on at the moment.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-13, 11:55 AM
"Idiot!" Tyrel screams as he jumps in the pilots seat. He begins a sensor scan and also looks out of the transparasteel window to see what hit them.

Kydell
2013-02-13, 12:12 PM
Just as you look out the window, you see a star fighter looping back and away to engage in another attack run. The ship itself is a squarish fuselage with two long tapered wings on either side.

The Ivory Dagger has sustained no damage as of yet.
--
Roll initiative, pilot.

Theirs: 12

Darth_Versity
2013-02-13, 12:24 PM
Tyrel shouts into the intercom "Tavhoc, get on the shield systems. Fen get ready to kick her into full throttle." before disengaging the auto pilot and pushing the throttle to full.

Initiative
[roll0]

Oops, got that wrong, should have been a +5 not 10, so 22 not 27

Darth_Versity
2013-02-13, 01:04 PM
Pushing the engines to full power the ship surges toward the enemy and engages them in close combat.

Move Action: Move adjacent to enemy
Standard Action: Engage Dogfight, Pilot [roll0]

Odentin
2013-02-13, 03:02 PM
Tavhoc chuckles, "I'll not disarm myself while my aggressor keeps a weapon trained on me. But since you want to keep up the threats, I'll make one, too."
Slowly and deliberately, Tavhoc pulls the credit chips he took from the grand and had yet to distribute, as well as the chip from his share of the job money, and holds them a few inches from his blade, "Now, if you wanna get paid-"

As the ship rocks, he cuts off, instinctively looking up at the hull and scanning for the presence of Force users...

UTF to scan:
UTF to hide: [roll1d20+9

Regardless of what he senses, he follows the arkanians to the cockpit, disengaging and stowing the saber as well as the credit chips. He drops himself at a control console, unsure of what to do...

Darth_Versity
2013-02-13, 03:53 PM
Attack Run: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] x 2 = 54
(or should that be 52? Do you add the half lvl and point blank bonus before or after the multiplication?)

Odentin
2013-02-13, 04:00 PM
"You're gonna want the droid on the shields. I've got no clue what any of this crap means..." Tavhoc says in an unsure tone.

Kydell
2013-02-14, 04:53 PM
The laser blast shoots just over the rear of the enemy ship. The enemy then speeds past the port-side of the cockpit, adjusts it's angle of flight and fires at the body of the Dagger, bringing the shields down 5 points, but not causing any damage to the hull.

Inside the cockpit, DAC slides into the sensors position before rerouting power and boosting the shields back to full.

Odentin
2013-02-14, 06:50 PM
Tavhoc stares at the control panel, growling and swearing under his breath. Setting his jaw, he checks to make sure everyone's focused on their task before closing his eyes and focusing, hard, on the enemy pilot. He bombards the pilot's mind with stress, fear, anything to obscure his focus, make it easier for him to make a mistake that Tyrel can take advantage of.

UTF: [roll0]

Darth_Versity
2013-02-15, 06:27 AM
The ship twist and turns in a dance of aerial acrobatics and comes around for another attack.

"These guys are good, but lets see them dodge this."

He sends the ship into a roll, blasters gunning wildly for their target.

Move Action: Move 2 squares away
Standard Action: Attack Run [roll0] (Damage [roll1]x2=42

Kydell
2013-02-15, 12:36 PM
The ship you're fighting starts to fly away from the dagger, having a large hole blasted through its starboard wing.

'Beep, bip whurrrr. Boop, Bzzzzrrt.':'The ship has disengaged from battle, and is now rerouting power to the navicomputer and hyperdrive.'

Odentin
2013-02-15, 01:34 PM
Tavhoc's eyes fly open as he turns to Tyrel, "Don't let him escape, Tyrel. If he makes it back alive, he'll come back with a lot more firepower."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-15, 03:17 PM
"Oh, I don't intend to let him go..."

Move Action: Move Closer
Standard Action: Attack Run, [roll0] (damage [roll1]x2=68)

Kydell
2013-02-16, 02:21 AM
The second shot breaks through the hull and out the other side, creating a large hole through the fuselage. The ship continues moving away with the momentum it had from its engines, but there is no power to any systems.

Odentin
2013-02-16, 04:12 AM
Tavhoc breathes a sigh of relief and stands, walking back to the gran bodies he left in the cargo area. He searches them, taking note of any more credits they have (which he pockets), as well as identification and anything that might lead to their purpose for being on the ship.

Take 20 to search: 29

Darth_Versity
2013-02-16, 04:52 AM
"Ok Fen, they're destroyed. The wreckage is still there though so lets have a talk about what to do with it. Can you come to the cockpit?" Tyrel announces through the intercom.

He then pulls the ship up so that its drifting alongside the wreckage while the systems sensors scan its hull.

msngae
2013-02-18, 12:18 PM
Fen looks up from his console, where he'd had exactly nothing to do while Tyrell put the ship through its paces. Such is life as a ship's engineer.
"... Could you say that again? I could've sworn you just asked if I wanted to go into closed quarters with a possibly hostile jedi."

He clicks the comlink off, then on again to forestall a protest he envisions happening in the cockpit. "Yes Tav, I know you can hear me."

Odentin
2013-02-18, 12:22 PM
"I should hope so. I'm right here." Tavhoc speaks from behind Fen, continuing on about his business.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-18, 01:03 PM
Tyrel opens up comms again "Thank you Fen, for reminding the possibly hostile Jedi of what he is." and then shuts them off before heading into the cargo hold where Tavhoc is searching the bodies.

"No offence Tavhoc. But now the weapons are away, we need to have a good long talk about who you are why your here."

"I don't believe in coincidences, and that ship out there is a big one. You knew somehow that if they got away, we'd be in bigger danger. That means only one thing. You knew who they were. Am I wrong?"

Odentin
2013-02-18, 02:40 PM
Tavhoc shrugs as he continues his search, "I've seen the Sith use those ships before. Could've been someone else, but I didn't want to take that chance."

Deception: [roll0]

"And before you invariably ask: No. I'm not a Sith, either. I took the lightsaber off the corpse of a Jedi. It's better than a blaster on a ship. Less chance of damaging something vital, or the cargo. Satisfied?"

Darth_Versity
2013-02-18, 03:03 PM
"Satisfied? No. Placated for the time being? Yes. But I hope these coincidences don't keep happening."

He sighs and lets the tension escape his shoulders. "So, anything good on those idiots?"

Odentin
2013-02-18, 03:18 PM
Tavhoc shows him two metal key cards, a hydrospanner, and a power pack, "Just this. Probably more in their room. They were carrying a case when they came on board."

Tavhoc leads the way to their cabin and repeats his searching...

Kydell
2013-02-19, 12:04 AM
Inside their room, you find two durasteel hard shell briefcases, each with a key-card lock.

Testing the locks, you easily find that one of the key-cards opens up both cases. The other does not work at all. Inside one case, you find two false sides that open up to show thick foam padding with several compartments for componentized blasters. It appears to hold the two blaster rifles used in the fight. The other case has inside of it a data pad with a datacard, a tool kit missing a hydrospanner, six thousand credits, three vacuum survival belt pouches, a long-range emergency beacon, three small cubic devices and two comlinks.

Odentin
2013-02-19, 12:12 AM
"Well here's the two thousand for the ride, pluss an extra four for our troubles. Without looking at the datapad, I'd say we have shipjackers. And that fighter was with them, I bet."

Deception: [roll0]

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa~.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-19, 12:38 PM
"Six thousand huh? And we already had our original 2000 up front, so thats a total of eight grand. Not a bad days work."

"Hey Fen, get in here." he shouts down the cargo hold before turning back to Tavhoc. "If we can find some good stuff on that junker out there then maybe we can sell it and have enough to buy our own ship."

He then notices the datacard and datapad in Tavhoc's hand. "Can I get a look at those?"

Odentin
2013-02-19, 01:25 PM
Tavhoc hands the items over, slightly disappointed he didn't trick the pilot, "Get 'our own' ship? Kind of implies a group fund, which in itself implies a certain level of trust..."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-19, 04:22 PM
"Trust? Nah, if you cause to much trouble or betray me i'll just put a blaster to your head and keep 'our' ship for myself." he gives quick wink and walks off examining the items.

Use Computer [roll0]

Odentin
2013-02-19, 05:24 PM
Tavhoc turns to leave the room, pausing a moment to say one last thing, "And what makes you think I was talking about you trusting me? I'm the only one who hasn't made trouble."

He leaves, heading to the galley area, where he sits quietly, contemplating the past couple minutes. On a whim, he performs another scan through the Force while he waits.

UTF: [roll0]

msngae
2013-02-20, 06:39 AM
Fen starts at Tav's voice sounding behind him, and shoots Tyrell a dirty look for not warning him about Tav. "You're welcome, someone has to be the victim of that kind of comedy after all."

He shuffles after other two, hmm-ing when they find the power pack and hydro-spanner. "Should've done that first."

When the suitcases are opened, he looks from them to Tavhoc and Tyrell. "You know, three seems to imply that they'd need the third pack. Whom for?"

Fen doesn't even bother to point out the obvious bit of subterfuge that Tav had attempted a moment ago when he protests his innocence. "When you're done with the card and pad, pass it over, I'm sure there's a reason they have a second card that does nothing."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-20, 08:37 PM
"Knock yourself out." and he hands over the items. "I'm going to look for any clues to what the password on the datapad may be. After that I recommend a space walk to retrieve any files from that scrap heap out there."

And then he begins searching through the bodies and all their items for any clues to the password.

Perception [roll0]

msngae
2013-02-22, 10:47 PM
Fen accepts the datapad and card, sauntering over to the engineering console to try and crack the password. "We could just salvage the whole scrapheap, y'know. It's not like we're desperately needing cargo space."

[roll0] Includes 1/enc +5, ship's int bonus

Darth_Versity
2013-02-23, 06:52 AM
Tyrel considers the possibility for a moment. "True enough, but we'd still need to head out and collect the best bits. I don't feel like towing a wreckage through port authority and explaining that we gunned it down then helped ourselves."

He looks at the wreckage on the nearby view screen then continues in a whisper. "Besides, I'm pretty sure that theres some clue as to our 'friends' true identity on that ship. And I for one want to know what it is."

Kydell
2013-02-23, 01:05 PM
The ship you scuttled sits just outside of your cockpit, drifting port side:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7610/mrxbr.jpg

msngae
2013-02-24, 12:02 AM
"S'what I'm saying. We bring the craft aboard, go through the ship and find out who these guys were, then haul it in for salvage, saying we found post-battle detritus."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-24, 11:34 AM
"That ship will never fit into our..." he begins, but as the enemy cockpit disengages a look of fear crosses Tyrel's face. He sprints for the front of the ship and manuevers himself into the pilots seat before putting a large amount of space between them and the enemy vessel.

"Tavhoc." he announces over the intercom "Any chance you can tell if those guys are still in the area? Maybe under an advanced cloaking device? You seemed to be able to sense them earlier?"

Odentin
2013-02-24, 04:02 PM
Tavhoc shakes his head and moves to the cockpit, "Your eyes are as good as mine. What happened?"

Darth_Versity
2013-02-24, 04:29 PM
"The cockpit jettisoned, must have been converted to an escape pod. And then it... shrank." he shrugs, not sure what that means.

"I can't describe it any better than that. It just seemed to shrink an vanish. I put distance between us in case they activated a self destruct."

Odentin
2013-02-24, 04:30 PM
Tavhoc simply stares at the viewscreens, "Never seen anything like that. Get us back to Andros, yeah? So we can get the hell off this ship..."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-25, 06:50 AM
"Yeah... Just one thing before that..."

He turns the ship and blasts the remains of the enemy vessel.

"I'm not going near it in case they had left a self destruct, and I ain't leaving it for them to come back for. Now lets get outta here."

And with that he fires up the engines and they surge back towards Iseno.

Kydell
2013-02-25, 02:26 PM
The trip to Iseno is rather boring. There were no more interruptions by starship or alien by the time you enter the Isenian atmosphere. You contact Andros and he tells you to meet him at the same docking bay in a half an hour.
The Ivory Dagger careens above a forested valley and lands neatly in docking bay nineteen. Andros is leaning on a cane just inside the docking bay doors, covered in bruises and cuts that look only a day old. 'Well, then,' he muses to himself,'it's nice to see the dagger in one piece.'

Darth_Versity
2013-02-25, 03:59 PM
Tyrel steps off of the ramp and looks the old wolf up and down. "Yeah, she weathered the troubles we had just fine. A lot better than you weathered yours anyway. What happened?"

Kydell
2013-02-26, 03:47 AM
'Nothin' that concerns you. Your cargo met its destination?' he asks abruptly, changing subjects. He clears his throat, walks over to the ship and doesn't wait for you to answer before continuing, 'I have more work for you if you're interested. Only enough money for three men I'm afraid, so one of you'll have to go. At this Oric slings his pack over his shoulder and says, 'This flyin' around gig isn't for me. Later fellas.' and walks off into the crowd of the spaceport. 'well that was convenient.' Andros muses under his breathe before turning and looking expectantly at the rest of the crew.

Darth_Versity
2013-02-26, 04:08 AM
"O...K then. Well yeah, i'm always up for more work. If the pays right that is."

He looks at Andros expectantly, waiting for a really big number.

Odentin
2013-02-26, 11:39 AM
Tavhoc grinds his teeth, "Gonna have to pay out big for me to get back on a ship with these two, old wolf."

Darth_Versity
2013-02-26, 11:56 AM
Tavhoc grinds his teeth, "Gonna have to pay out big for me to get back on a ship with these two, old wolf."

Tyrel gives a mock look of indignation "But Tavhoc, how can you say such a thing? Especially when we've started to learn so much about eachother!"

Odentin
2013-02-26, 12:20 PM
Tavhoc doesn't even loom at the arkanian. He continues to speak to Andros,"Its nothing professional, of course. They seem like a trustworthy crew. Its a matter of personal trust."

Kydell
2013-02-26, 12:41 PM
Andros eyes the crew quietly then shakes his head, 'Agh, there's no need to worry. The more profitable more me, the more profitable for you. I have another task that is a bit personal to me. You see I lost my last crew because they flew too close to Sith space and got themselves destroyed. I'd like for you to visit the site and retrieve what you can from their former ship. Quite the vessel, she was; Vaya-class scout craft fit with a x1 hyperdrive, a double laser cannon and concussion missiles with an SR 25 shield. There's a good list of items I'd like you to grab, and the more you get--the more money you'll make. I'll give you each 1500 credits just for getting back here in one piece. Beyond that, you'll get at least a thousand for each individual piece. I'm looking for the hyperdrive, the shield generator, both weapons, the personal lockers, the life support, as much scrap as you can bring back, the navicomputer and the black box. The flotsam ought to be found in between the planets Columey, Ossus and Belderone. I'll give you a tracking device that can pick up the signal of a transmitter that was on board so you can find it easier. Also, there are several space-suits and lengths of syntherope in the cargo bay locker on the Dagger. Any questions?

Darth_Versity
2013-02-26, 12:46 PM
"Er, yeah. I have a question. How about we just tow it back here. Or better yet, if our mechanic is as good as he claims, jury rig it and fly it back?"

Kydell
2013-02-26, 12:51 PM
'If that's possible, then certainly do so. However the Sith are a ruthless sort, that I wouldn't imagine leave much behind after an attack.'

Darth_Versity
2013-02-26, 07:28 PM
"Hmm. It's be hard to make a hyperspace jump while towing it. But if we can get it working well enough to make a short jump itself then we could leave sith space and continue repairs elsewhere."

He considers the possibilities for a moment.

"Does it have a back up hyperdrive? That way, even if the main one is busted up we could get it to limp to a nearby system."

Odentin
2013-02-26, 08:42 PM
Tavhoc's jaw tightens to the point of physical discomfort. Sith space is about the LAST place he wants to be caught...

"Sith space is pretty dangerous. Even I can only do so much if we get boarded. This sort of job sounds like it might warrant hazard pay, wouldn't you say?"

Persuasion: [roll0]

msngae
2013-02-26, 09:40 PM
Fen flashes a indolent grin at Tyrel "My only worry is that with an x1 I'll end up outrunning you two."

Turning to Andros, he says "What's the extra pay if we bring the whole thing back?"

Kydell
2013-02-27, 03:35 AM
'It had a x4 backup as far as I can recall. However, you ought to be fine if you disengage hyperdrive and creep from Columex. Also, there's a shipwright and a scrapyard in orbit around Columex that you might want to check. Here's a datapad including the ship's transponder and serial numbers for each individual ship part, as well as an inter-system locator application that can be used to find specific transmitters of the same make within nearby systems. A transmitter is placed in the cockpit of the craft you're looking for.'

'If you bring the whole thing back, I'll give you 32,000 to split between the three of you.'

Darth_Versity
2013-02-27, 04:35 AM
"32,000? Thats... a very big number." he considers how much is already on his credit chip.

"OK, i'm in. The only thing i'll need though is a coupling cable strong enough to take a hyperspace jump. Most are designed to tow small fighters, we'll need a bigger one."

Kydell
2013-02-27, 01:47 PM
'Sure, that ain't a problem. Freighter-grade durasteel coil, I can get that for you. So you three have some time to get supplies. The trip will take around a week one way, so I suggest you get leaving soon as well.'

Odentin
2013-02-27, 02:38 PM
Tavhoc briefly considers turning the job down, but the price gets the better of him, "Alright, I'm in. How long until we can be off the ground?"

Kydell
2013-02-28, 03:43 AM
The squat shistavanen waddles off to a nearby storage locker, unlocks it with a worn key card, and hauls out a large coil of thick durasteel cables. He pulls a thick metal disc from the locker, unwinds the syntherope wrapped around it and ties a knot around the coil, securing it to the device. Once activated, the disc carried the coil with ease. The wolf uses the repulsorlift disk to move the coil onto the ship into the rear airlock. As he walks back down the ramp, he says, 'That ought to hold the ship if she's still intact. It's got a strong magnet on each end that can easily hold place on a ship's hull when activated.'

Darth_Versity
2013-03-01, 04:24 AM
"Well then. I think thats everything. I need to head into the city for supplies before we leave. You guys coming?"

Odentin
2013-03-01, 09:36 PM
"I'll....be at the cantina. Come get me when we're ready to depart."

Tavhoc heads into the city, looking for anywhere he can do some gambling...

If it's possible, of course. If not, he'll just get some drink on until it's time to go.

msngae
2013-03-02, 08:39 AM
"Sure. Going to need some things for a salvaging op."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-04, 12:07 PM
Tyrel signals a for a transport into the heart of the city while checking his credit chips to make sure he had enough for his purchases.

"So Fen. How'd you end up here anyway? Long way from Arkania."

Kydell
2013-03-05, 02:45 AM
A long, tapered white airspeeder striped with blue parks next to Tyrel and takes him and Fen into the nearby marketplace where they can easily find some gear. When they get to their destination, the driver droid swivels around to display a third arm extending from his chest with a credit reader instead of a manipulator. A large speaker replacing the droids mouth issues a scratchy, gurgling voice speaking crude basic, 'Fifteen credits for fare.'

Darth_Versity
2013-03-05, 06:39 AM
Tyrel swipes his credit chip with little regard to cost. If the old wolf pays what he claims, then 15 credits is nothing.

msngae
2013-03-05, 04:37 PM
While waiting for the airspeeder Fen tucks his hands into his pockets, affecting a callous grin as he drawls "I am a man of many talents, ace, and you've probably heard my story a dozen times. Suffice to say sometimes men must choose their own paths, and those paths may be at odds with societal expectations."
He turns to Tyrel with a more facetiously serious gaze.
"I like symphonies, historical fiction and moonlit walks on the beach and if you're planning to ask me out you'll need to work on your pickup lines."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-06, 02:50 AM
"Ha. You should feel lucky i'm comfortable enough to talk to you. I'm not big on pure bloods. The ones i've met in my time didn't leave a good impression."

His face darkens slightly, but is quickly replaced by his usual jolly demeanor " You've a long way to go before we get to a kissing stage princess."

He then opens the door of the airspeeder and give a mocking bow. " After you."

msngae
2013-03-07, 07:24 AM
Fen rolls his eyes at Tyrel's use of 'pure-blood', favouring him with an overly sweet smile. "Must Your Highness really call us that? It makes us sound like we're some sort of Believers."

He gets in and shuffles over to the other side. "I assume you met a few of the supremacists who are all about purity of essence etcetera etcetera., or one of the egotists?"

Darth_Versity
2013-03-07, 10:40 AM
Tyrel shut the door and told the droid where to go.

"You could say that. I was contracted to the Kyfar family from a very young age. He had a particularly large ego and advocated that Arkanian's were superior to all other races. He only had off shoots as servants, believing that manual work was below a pure bloods role in life, but refusing to accept aliens into his home."

He shrugs, remembering the years wasted in that environment. "And that was my life, from fourteen till about two years ago. I've never looked back since I got away. I may not be sure where my next meal is always coming from, but i'm not under the rule of a tyrant."

Odentin
2013-03-08, 12:39 AM
Tavhoc thanks the cantinaman for the directions and proceeds to the indicated location in order to relieve some poor shmucks of their hard earned credits. Along the way, he keeps an eye out for followers, and scans for Force users, like a paranoid man...

UTF Scan: [roll1]
UTF Hide: [roll2]

msngae
2013-03-11, 04:50 PM
Fen is silent for a moment, digesting this little tidbit. "Didn't think you were an offshoot, you certainly don't look like one."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-11, 05:09 PM
He holds his hand up for Fen to see "Its the 5 fingers that give it away. Human-Arkanian mix."

msngae
2013-03-11, 11:47 PM
Fen waves a hand in irritation."Not that. Didn't think you were Arkanian, would be ridiculous to make that mistake. More curious as to why you don't have white hair or skin."

Kydell
2013-03-12, 02:42 AM
When they get to their destination, the driver droid swivels around to display a third arm extending from his chest with a credit reader instead of a manipulator. A large speaker replacing the droids mouth issues a scratchy, gurgling voice speaking crude basic, 'Fifteen credits for fare.'

Tyrel swipes his credit chip with little regard to cost. If the old wolf pays what he claims, then 15 credits is nothing.

The airspeeder side door slides open, revealing a strip of landing pads at the edge of a bustling walkway with six large rows of permacrete buildings across from them. The buildings are two stories high with spaces being rented from the city to sell their wares. Each merchant has a banner of flimsy or cloth above or to the side of their windows with the shop's name. People are making their way to the windows of these shops to purchase goods. As soon as you get out, the airspeeder speeds off.

Tavhoc:
You make your way through walkways following the directions the cantinaman told you. They bring you to a tall tower of polished blue durasteel. It has a wide electronic double door and a gilded blaster rifle with the words 'Classy Blaster' just above them.

Darth_Versity
2013-03-12, 04:55 AM
"Yeah, i'm not to enamored with my Arkanian heritage, so I dye my hair to more easily fit in with humans. The skins due to the human blood and an extended stay on Dxun. Got me a bit of a tan."

He looks out at the various shops with people teeming around them. A nearby information holo shows what he's looking for.

"I need to go to Czerka Personal Electronics first. They have the new range of Tessla interface visors in. You coming?"

msngae
2013-03-12, 05:53 AM
"Yeah, sure. Tessla's not really my thing though, I'd rather take an EDC, more legacy support."

With a shrug he adds. "Going to have to go clothes shopping too, not looking forward to that."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-12, 05:57 AM
"I prefer Tessla's interface. Its also easier to customise, but to each their own. I could also do with some modifications for my blaster. I'm sure there'll be something here for that. What sort of clothes do you need?

Odentin
2013-03-14, 11:01 AM
Tavhoc grins to himself as he enters the building, seeking the nearest pazaak or sabacc table.

msngae
2013-03-15, 03:49 AM
"Flight suit, duh. I'm not a mynock in disguise. Unless I'm a mynock in disguise and I didn't know it."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-15, 03:42 PM
"Your certainly ugly enough. Well lets get shopping then."

Kydell
2013-03-19, 01:39 AM
After a productive evening of playing pazaak at a sleazy cantina or perusing the Isenoan markets, you come back to the starport to find DAC-29 refitting the cargo bay door of the Ivory Dagger with new gaskets. As you three arrive at the boat, DAC acknowledges you, 'bzrrrrrt, beep boop. B-b-bzrrrrt-*whistle*':'Resuming minor repairs. Repair completion in two hours.'

Otherwise, the Ivory Dagger lies much as it did before. Inside on the navicomputer is a chart to the salvage area with a hyperspace route plugged in.

Darth_Versity
2013-03-19, 04:55 PM
Tyrel nods to the old wolf and gets back in the cockit. He settles into position and begins to study the map of their destination.

"Oh man, that really is in Sith space. Ah well. I'm sure it'll be fine."

Odentin
2013-03-19, 07:25 PM
Tavhoc climbs aboard and takes a seat in the cockpit, pleased with his new winnings. He looks up when Tyrel enters, but says nothing until he speaks, "Here's to hoping."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-22, 04:25 AM
"Well, if there's no complaints, i'll take off."

And he starts up the engines and does some final checks on the hyperdrive to make sure its working.

"Everything seems to be in order. You guys all set?"

msngae
2013-03-22, 06:43 AM
"Always ready, ace." Fen comms from the engineering bay. "How long's the flight going to be?"

Kydell
2013-03-22, 10:25 AM
The navicomputer shows about a week one-way.

Odentin
2013-03-22, 12:27 PM
A week in hyperspace? F*ck me sideways...

Time to get to know one another!

"Ready when you are."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-22, 01:14 PM
"OK then, we're off." and he started the take off sequence, blasting them out of the atmosphere.

A short way out from the planet he reached over and shut of the droid (I assume its still with us) and then opened the intercom.

"Guys, could you come up to the cockpit for a minute?"

Odentin
2013-03-22, 01:18 PM
Tavhoc looks around, to see if there's something making him invisible, "Am I really that hard to see?"

Darth_Versity
2013-03-22, 01:31 PM
"What the..?" Tyrel jumps at the noise. "When did you..? Don't ever do that again."

A sigh escapes his lips and his heartbeat slowly returns to normal. "We'll wait for Fen and then I'll explain. He's not hiding in another corner is he?"

Odentin
2013-03-22, 01:35 PM
"I've been here since before we took off!"

Darth_Versity
2013-03-22, 01:59 PM
"Well... maybe you should try breathing heavier or something. It's like flying with ghost!"

msngae
2013-03-24, 08:27 AM
Fen sighs and walks up to the cockpit, opening the door but not entering just yet. Instead, he leans against the frame and arches an eyebrow. "And what exactly did you need, Ace? 'Cause I've got a Sith datapad to crack this century."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-24, 02:03 PM
"I wanted to talk to you about this mission and the pay. Now I like Andros, but I happen to know that the cargo he's sending us to collect would be worth a lot more else where than what he's offering, and we're the ones going into danger."

He looks at them both, checking their reactions to see how they take this information. "Its nothing personal to the old wolf, but I think we could earn better money selling the goods ourselves, but i'm not doing that unless we're all on the same page. The money is still good either way, its just better without him involved."

Odentin
2013-03-25, 12:28 PM
Tavhoc stares at Tyrel for a long moment with his best sabacc face, contemplating the offer. Andros has some good credits to throw around, and hiring a hit man might not be outside of his abilities... "How much more are we talking?"

Darth_Versity
2013-03-25, 02:59 PM
"Well for a brand new Vaya class, your looking at around 40 to 50 thousand credits. With mods, its worth a lot more. Now I know that a beaten up one will be worth a lot less, but with the right tools we can fix it up. The real sweet bit is the x1 hyperdrive. There's plenty of spice runners that would pay good for one of them to keep away from pursuers."

Odentin
2013-03-25, 07:02 PM
"Well, altogether, Andros offered us fifty-seven-five for all of it, total. How much, realistically, are we talking if we do this? I've got no loyalty to him, but I don't want him spending that on a hit team, y'know, unless it's damn worth it."

Darth_Versity
2013-03-26, 04:11 AM
"Fifty seven five? I thought he only offered thirty two. If he's offering over fifty we may as well take it to him as that's about what we'll get for it."

Odentin
2013-03-26, 10:05 AM
"From what I remember, it was thirty-two in addition to the pay for the parts, which makes sense." Tavhoc shrugs.

Darth_Versity
2013-03-27, 07:45 AM
"Ah, well in that case my point is moot. We'll get the same from Andros if he pays, so we may as well take it to hima nd not make an enemy of him."

A sigh escapes his lips and he turns back to the controls "I need to get set up for the jump to hyperspace, so unless you guys have anything else to discuss I may as well get on with it."

Kydell
2013-03-27, 11:26 PM
After the calculations were complete, the ship sped up and snapped into light speed as you head just galactic north of the Cron Drift. The trip will take you along the Hydian Way for three days to Brentaal, where you will travel along the Perlemian Trade Route for four more days to Centares. From there you will disengage the hyperdrive and move at sublight around Nam Chorios, approaching Columex from galactic west, giving the Cron Cluster a wide berth. A personal message was left at this point in the directions:
'Avoid the Cron Cluster as much as possible. It is the home of pirates and thieves. I suspect those who attacked my ship came from there as well. DAC has a list of the ship parts you're looking for.' [Added by username: ABelgrave]

The ship hummed through hyperspace toward its destination starting the first of seven days.

Darth_Versity
2013-04-03, 06:33 PM
After the first day, Tyrel wonders around the ship before ending up near the engine. He leans over a rail and looks at Fen.

"So. Anything of interest happening down here? I'm board as hell in the cockpit. The droid is no fun at all."

msngae
2013-04-05, 09:52 AM
"It's bored, not board, ace." Fen says, switching away from the game running on his console to something more work-looking.

"Nothing much going on here unless you count the number of cycles I've got running to crack the datapad."

Darth_Versity
2013-04-06, 04:10 AM
"You made any progress on that yet? Any new information revealed?"

msngae
2013-04-08, 09:08 AM
Fen takes a quick glance at the progress bar on the RAM logger and shakes his head. "Not yet, no." He sighs.

"Really wish I'd gone and gotten that hibernation biomod now, at least we had more people on the Windfall. With just the three of us this 'Snor feels like it's dead."

Darth_Versity
2013-04-09, 02:11 AM
"What was the Windfall like? Was it a good ship?"