PDA

View Full Version : PvP Level Six Bracket (IC)

meemaas
2012-12-26, 11:47 AM
The arena looms over you, as the guests bring the two combatants to their starting locations. In one corner, the Grippli, a mister Fusilio Pantano, and in the other an Aasimar, named Azog. The Referee counts down and the match starts in earnest.

Initiative
Fusilio is up first.

You are both fifty feet away from each other.

BigKahuna
2012-12-26, 06:18 PM
Fusilo draws his pistol, looks Azog dead in the eyes, and fires a shot at him from his starting position. He then shouts to Azog, in his exotic (Spanish) accent, "If you would like to come over here so I can kill you faster, it would be much appreciated."

Fusilo uses one use of Archaeologist's luck as a swift action before he fires, so his total modifier to hit (still resolving against touch AC) is (13-6+1=8) [roll0] If he hits, his damage roll also gets the +1 from Archaeologist's luck [roll1]

meemaas
2013-01-01, 04:33 PM
As one side has not shown up since the match started, the Aasimar is replaced with a new challenger, a Kitsune named Kora.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/meemaas/Map-ArenaCustom.jpg

Kora may start in any position from columns 15-20

Fusilio may start in any position from columns 1-5

Fusilio will keep his initiative roll from before

Kora's initiative [roll0]

Moranica
2013-01-01, 05:50 PM
Kora takes a 5 ft. step closer and casts mirror image.

"I bet you do. I don't see you moving though..."

[roll0] images appear.

BigKahuna
2013-01-01, 06:11 PM
Fusilo decides to get a little closer before firing at the Kitsune and her duplicates, so he moves 30 feet and then fires.

This should put him within 20 feet, allowing him to fire normally with point-blank shot and deadly aim. Roll to hit (resolved against touch AC because he is firing a gun) [roll0], roll for damage [roll1]

Moranica
2013-01-02, 04:38 AM
The bullet hits one of the images. For a split second it is unclear whether he hit the real one or not, but then the image starts to waver and dissapears. Only 3 Kora's remain.

"Ah, how nice of you to come in range. Please go and sleep now."

DC 23 will save or fall asleep. Deep slumber

1 = real, 2-4 is fake [roll0]

BigKahuna
2013-01-02, 04:58 AM
Fusilo starts to go into a deep slumber and falls over, softly snoring.

Moranica
2013-01-02, 05:06 AM
Kora approaches and uses Touch of gracelesness on the helpless creature.

DC 17 and [roll0] dex penalty.

BigKahuna
2013-01-02, 06:03 AM
Fusilo wakes up groggily and begins to yell, "How dare you put me to sleep you cretin." Then, feeling a little clumsier than usual, he grabs his gun and fires off two quick shots.

Fusilo has rapid shot as a feat, which lets him fire twice in one round as a full action. So with the -2 for that and the -4 for being prone, he gets [roll0] to hit with his first shot and [roll1] to hit with his second shot. Damage will be [roll2] for the first hit and [roll3] for the second hit, if they hit.

EDIT: Remember that those attacks target touch AC, for the purposes of hitting your mirror images with a near miss.

Moranica
2013-01-02, 08:48 AM
In respons to his fire, Kora strikes with his quarterstaff.

[roll0]; [roll1]

1= real 2-3 is fake 1d3

His near misses cause one of the figments to dissappear though.

Moranica
2013-01-02, 08:53 AM
Again [roll0]

Kora steps back 5 ft and uses deep slumber again.

DC 23

BigKahuna
2013-01-02, 05:15 PM
Fusilo promptly goes straight back to sleep.

Moranica
2013-01-02, 06:26 PM
Kora first uses a new mirror image [roll0].

Then, the next round she uses touch of gracelessness again.

DC 17 and [roll1] dex penalty. It doesn't stack with the other one.

BigKahuna
2013-01-02, 06:38 PM
Fusilo awakes once again, and this time he decides to stand up and run 30 feet away from Kora.

This will provoke AoO's

Moranica
2013-01-03, 02:22 AM
"What's the sudden hurry?"

AoO for getting up [roll0]; [roll1]

"You know what, you could use some new friends. ... Thousands of them."

Kora summons a swarm of bats around the gripply. They flutter around and bite horribly.

Swarm does [roll2] damage

Causes bleeding:
Wounding (Ex)

Any living creature damaged by a bat swarm continues to bleed, losing 1 hit point per round thereafter. Multiple wounds do not result in cumulative bleeding loss. The bleeding can be stopped by a DC 10 Heal check or the application of a cure spell or some other healing magic.

and could possibly nauseate you. DC 11 fort save

BigKahuna
2013-01-03, 06:24 AM
Fusilo fiercely retorts, "Bats, I hate bats. For this I will make your death slow and painful." He then moves 10 feet towards the treacherous Kitsune, and has an idea. He aims his gun in the direction of the Kitsune and closes his eyes so that he can't be fooled by the confusing mirror images. He then fires a shot off. As soon as he fires off the shot he opens his eyes and presses the hot barrel of the gun against himself to stem the bleeding caused by the bats.

A lot going on here. I'm assuming that closing and opening his eyes is a free action. The bleeding is stopped using the utility shot grit deed and should be a part of the standard action. Roll to hit against touch AC [roll0]. Roll for miss chance (as it is 50% for blindness I'll just roll 1d2 - 1 is a hit and 2 is a miss) [roll1]. If both of those work and he hits, damage roll is [roll2]

Moranica
2013-01-04, 02:29 AM
Kora moves back 10 feet and keeps concentrating on the swarm.

[roll0] damage, wounding and DC 11 distraction again.

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 03:05 AM
Fighting through the bats, Fusilo moves forward 20 feet. He then attempts to use the exact same tactics as last time, closing his eyes, firing his gun, opening them and then shoving the hot barrel up against himself to stop the bleeding.

Roll to Hit [roll0]. Roll for Miss Chance (same as last time - 1 for hit, 2 for miss) [roll1]. Roll for Damage [roll2]. Assuming I need the save (fort save against bats), here it is [roll3]

Moranica
2013-01-04, 03:37 AM
The DC 11 is against getting nauseated from being in the swarm. The will save is for doing difficult things.

Kora moves 30 ft away and keeps the swarm active and on the gripply.

Damage [roll0], bleed and DC 11 fort.

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 04:00 AM
Fusilo moves 30 feet and then, instead of shooting his pistol again, he casts grease underneath Kora and the 5 foot square directly behind him/her.

Do I need to make a will save/concentration check to cast amidst the bat swarm? Also, if I successfully cast the spell, you need to make a DC 15 reflex save not to fall over.

Moranica
2013-01-04, 08:15 AM
It does require a caster level check:

Swarms possess the distraction ability. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a caster level check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Will save.

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 08:25 AM
OK, Grease is a first level spell so, unless I'm reading this wrong, I need to make a DC 21 caster level check to cast it. I will probably fail, and thus I'm going to end up expending a spell slot. [roll0]

EDIT: Well I failed, your turn.

Moranica
2013-01-04, 08:56 AM
Kora seems confused a bit why she wasn't fired upon this turn, but decides to move 30 feet away again and keeps concentrating.

[roll0], bleed (doesn't stack though) and DC 11 fort

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 09:13 AM
Fusilo, angry that is spellcasting failed, moves forward another 30 feet and once again closes his eyes, fires at Kora, opens his eyes and shoves the hot barrel of his gun against himself to stop another bleeding wound.

Using Archaeologist's Luck (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/archaeologist) as a swift action before firing the shot. Roll to Hit (targeting touch AC)[roll0]. Roll for Miss Chance (same as previous times, 1 to hit and 2 to miss) [roll1]. Roll for damage [roll2].

Moranica
2013-01-04, 09:22 AM
Getting hit for the first time Kora angrily shouts: "Doing some damage are we? I can do that!"

She moves 30 ft again and uses burning disarm to increase the firearm to burning hotness.

Dealing [roll0] damage. If you choose to drop the weapon you get a reflex save to do so DC 17.

This does not ignite any gunpower:
The heat does not harm the item, and it does not get hot enough or last long enough to ignite flammable objects.

The swarm attacks the nearest creature for the next two turns. In this case, you.

[roll1], bleed and DC 11 fort distraction.

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 09:54 AM
Fusilo immediately drops the firearm to stop himself from getting burnt. He then picks it up again and moves 30 feet towards Kora.

As the burning effect ends almost instantaneously, I would expect that I would be able to use a move action to pick it up this round and then use a second move action to move 30 feet. Also, I'm maintaining Archaeologist's Luck as a free action.

Moranica
2013-01-04, 09:59 AM
Yup, two moves.

"Interesting, but you can't dodge these!"

Kora moves 30 ft again and uses magic missile.

Auto hit for [roll0]

The swarm moves again.

[roll1], bleed and DC 11 fort.
It will disappear at the start of my next turn.

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 10:09 AM
Instead of charging after the Kitsune, Fusilo instead decides to hang back and drink a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds and reload his gun.

Roll for restored HP [roll0].

Moranica
2013-01-04, 10:11 AM
Kora summons another swarm of bats on top of the gripply.

[roll0], bleed and DC 11 fort.

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 10:24 AM
Fusilo shouted, "Curse you, vile sorcerer!" at the Kitsune before moving 30 ft closer to it and enacting his new firing routine, including shoving the burning barrel against himself.

I don't think I need to keep explaining the close eyes, fire, open eyes routine. Still maintaining Archaeologist's Luck. Assuming that Touch of Gracelessness is still in affect, here are the rolls. Roll to Hit against touch AC [roll0]. Roll for Miss Chance (1 Hit, 2 Miss) [roll1]. Roll for Damage, if applicable, [roll2]. Also, give yourself back one hit point, the damage modifier had an extra +1 which should have been ignored on my last attack roll that hit

Moranica
2013-01-04, 11:56 AM
Actually, touch of gracelessness should be gone before your last action.

"Ah, you guessed right! It will be your last though."

Kora moves 30 ft back and concentrates.

The swarm moves as well.

[roll0], bleed and DC 11

BigKahuna
2013-01-04, 07:27 PM
Instead of moving towards the Kitsune like he normally would, Fusilo instead stands in place 50 feet away, closes his eyes, fires off two shots from his pistol, opens his eyes and shoves the burning barrel against himself to stop the bleeding.

From his position he is two full range increments away, so he takes a -4 penalty to hit. He also can't use deadly aim to do as much damage, but the attacks still resolve against Touch AC. Also, he uses two grit point to use Up Close and Deadly (makes no mention of range increments despite its title) before firing both shots and Archaeologist's Luck is still functioning. Attack Roll 1 [roll0]. Up Close and Deadly extra damage 1 [roll1]. Miss Chance 1 [roll2]. Damage roll 1 [roll3].
Attack Roll 2 [roll4]. Up Close and Deadly extra damage 2 [roll5]. Miss Chance 2 [roll6]. Damage roll 2 [roll7].

Moranica
2013-01-05, 05:26 AM
7 pairs of brains splatter all over the place as a godly voice shouts out

"HEADSHOT!!"

The figments quickly disappear though, and the headless remains of the kitsune are all that is left.

BigKahuna
2013-01-05, 10:25 PM
Initiative roll

[roll0]

Thattaman
2013-01-09, 03:16 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

TheTick
2013-01-11, 08:29 AM
Brother Malcolm enters the arena, wearing simple orange and brown robes. He runs a hand over his freshly shaved head, temple sword hanging loosely from the other. He warms up with a few practice moves, culminating in a flashy series of punches and kicks. After this he sits cross-legged on the ground awaiting his opponent.

Thattaman
2013-01-11, 04:19 PM
Tayon Ra enters, smiles at his oponenent, musters something under his breath and runs of as far away from Malcom as he can.

Casting Haste then moving 60 ft. away to create a hundred and ten foot gap between us.

TheTick
2013-01-11, 11:33 PM
Malcolm returns the smile, then closes on Tayon Ra much faster than expected.

Double move towards Tayon Ra, 100ft total.

TheTick
2013-01-15, 07:53 PM
Is this dead?

Thattaman
2013-01-16, 10:41 AM
A ray of intense heat shoots out Tayon Ra's hand as he moves another 60 ft away from his opponent.

Scorching ray [roll0]

TheTick
2013-01-16, 10:47 AM
My Touch AC is 19, believe you need to roll against that for it to hit.

TheTick
2013-01-16, 11:58 AM
Malcolm ducks his shoulder at the last moment, feeling the heat from the ray as he dodges it. He uses his forward momentum to close the distance to the spell-slinger and, with a two-handed grip on his temple sword, swings with all his might.

Okay, here's how it works:
Using 1 Ki point for 20 extra feet of movement. So that's 70ft from my move action. Tayon Ra was 10ft away before this so that should be good.
Power attacking with the temple sword:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Thattaman
2013-01-19, 04:59 PM
Tayon dodges the swing, steps slightly away and shoots another ray.

To hit [roll0] damage [roll1]

TheTick
2013-01-21, 10:00 AM
Malcolm is ready for the act, and steps with Tayon. He strikes with his hand, attempting to disrupt the spell.

Using Step Up feat as an immediate action. -5ft of movement next round for me.

Attack of Opportunity:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Concentration check for you to continue casting the spell is 10+damage dealt+spell level

Malcolm follows that with a series of kicks and punches.

Flurry of Blows:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

TheTick
2013-01-21, 10:01 AM
Confirming a critical on that first flurry attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Thattaman
2013-01-22, 03:30 PM
Tayon Ra winces as the punch smashes his skull, followed by another one. He moves away again but this time, instead of a ray of heat, fire bursts out his hands.

Empowered Burning Hands: Damage: [roll0] Reflex DC 17 for half.

TheTick
2013-01-22, 05:56 PM
Malcolm again moves with Tayon Ra and strikes as he casts a spell.

Step Up again, so -5ft of movement next round.
[roll0]
[roll=Damage]1d8+6p/roll]
Concentration check for you to continue casting the spell is 10+damage dealt+spell level

Brother Malcolm feels the heat, (note: Depending on the rolls above, the Burning Hands may not go off so I'm trying to prevaricate here)and decides to try and end this fight once and for all.

Flurry of blows, spending 1 Ki point to get an extra attack at the highest bonus.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

TheTick
2013-01-22, 05:57 PM
Screwed up AoO damage roll:
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

meemaas
2013-01-29, 08:16 PM
The next match begins in earnest, with in one corner, the half breed warrior, powerful looking and imposing. In the other, the shaved human, both of them are ready and poised for combat.

Initiative
Malcom [roll0]
Mako [roll1]

See map above, same basic concept. Malcom in columns 01-05, Mako in columns 15-20

TheTick
2013-01-30, 12:31 AM
Malcolm again salutes his opponent. He will run up to Mako and deliver a two-handed strike to his midsection with his temple sword.

Two-handed Power Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

This is figuring that we are 50ft apart (or 70ft, and I'll use 1 Ki point of 8 to get 20ft of extra movement).

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 04:11 PM
Mako had entered the arena confident and focused in beating his opponent. Bowing back to his opponent he took a ready stance. He was surprised at Malcom's speed but was easily able to dodge the first attack.

Mako then raises his arm and takes two swings at Malcom with his mindblade.

Nice 1 on the attack role :smallcool: Happens to all of us
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 04:15 PM
Both attacks were critical hits
Crit Confirm 1: [roll0]
Add Damage 1: [roll1] (only add if crit is confirmed)

Crit Confirm 2: [roll2]
Add Damage 2: [roll3] (only add if crit is confirmed)

TheTick
2013-01-30, 04:28 PM
Ouch, lucky rolls. Except for the crit confirms, neither one confirmed. Whew.

Malcolm manages to shift and keep the attacks from hitting the most damaging spots. Gritting his teeth, he cuts loose with his most devastating barrage yet.

Flurry of Blows, spending 1 Ki point to add an extra attack at full bonus.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 04:56 PM
Mako dodges Malcom's first punch only to be hit solidly by the next two. He recovers fast enough to dodge the last one.

Going for a different strategy this time. Mako swings his mindblade in an attempt to knock Malcom off his feet.

Using blade skills. I get an attack at full BAB. If hit's free Trip attempt no AoO.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Trip: [roll2] vs Malcom's CMD. Again only if attack hits

TheTick
2013-01-30, 05:23 PM
Malcolm easily parries the trip attempt and decides to try seize Mako.

I'll see your Trip attempt, and raise you a grapple! (improved grapple so no AoO)

[roll0]

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 05:53 PM
Opposed Grapple Check: 1do20+11 (it is +2 for large size bonus right?)

If win, will break grapple and attack

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If I'm doing something wrong just let me know. I'm better with v3.5

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 05:54 PM
Messed up grapple check: [roll0]

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 05:56 PM
sorry, opposed grapple: [roll0]

... forum roller hates me... darn one minute wait...

TheTick
2013-01-30, 06:10 PM
You should have a CMD (Combat Maneuver Defense) score that I'm rolling against - here's the Pathfinder rules for it. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Grapple) The flow charts on the right are particularly helpful. You basically need to figure out what your CMD is, and see if my 28 beats it. If I did, then we are grappling with me in control. If not, it's just your turn (no AoO as I have Improved Grapple).

TheTick
2013-01-30, 06:11 PM
Here's how to figure out your CMD (note the +1 for being Large). (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Combat-Maneuver-Defense)

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 06:44 PM
whoops, my bad. Yeah you got me grappled

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 09:43 PM
Mako, doesn't like the smaller man grappling with him. A fight is meant to be done with weapons. Not rolling in the dirt. He attempts to break Malcom's grip on him.

CMB to break the grapple: [roll0]
plzplzplzplzplzpzlplz

--- Edit ---
or not... so much...

AlsoI forgot about a special ability of my armor so for future attacks things might change. I'll keep current dealt already though out of fairness

TheTick
2013-01-30, 09:57 PM
Malcolm easily maintains his grip, and attempts to smash his knee into Mako.

Roll to continue the grapple
[roll0]
If successful, damage:
[roll1]

PowerGamer
2013-01-30, 10:35 PM
Malcom's knee comes up and Mako's armor shines for a moment.I know damage is coming from being grapple but is it resolved as melee damage? If so, 20% miss chance (0-19) [roll0]

Mako then will take a stab at Malcom twice.-2 penalty to hit,
Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]

TheTick
2013-01-30, 10:56 PM
Both of your attacks miss. And it's always unclear whether or not a grapple roll is actually an 'attack' and subject to miss chance like that. Oh well.

Malcolm grunts from the effort but dodges his enemy's strikes. Shifting his grip, he attempts to smash Mako in the skull.

Okay, grapple roll to maintain again, same +5 bonus to maintain:
[roll0]
Damage dealt:
[roll1]

PowerGamer
2013-01-31, 05:40 AM
So what are we going to rule the grapple damage as? Rolling miss chance just in case. Same 20% [roll0]

Again Mako's armor sparkles when Malcom attacks. In not liking this situation at all. Mako will try one more time to break free.

CMB: [roll1] (break grapple if win)

TheTick
2013-01-31, 07:41 AM
I haven't found anything specific one way or another about the miss chance/grapple thing. I'll just roll it.

One more attempt at bone breaking.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

By the way, if your modifier for CMB is +10, you're only escaping on a 20. :D

PowerGamer
2013-01-31, 03:34 PM
Panicing now, Mako again tries to stab MalcomI'm not gonna win this. I'll need to modify some things for the next game

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

and rolling a nat 20 for that grapple just wont happen

TheTick
2013-01-31, 06:02 PM
Malcolm grunts when one of the attacks hits home, but he keeps pounding away.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

using 1 Ki point to make my dodge bonus to AC +4

PowerGamer
2013-01-31, 06:05 PM
Mako falls to the ground unconscious...

Good match. I need to play around with some things. And not tripping :P

TheTick
2013-01-31, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I think these level 6 matches are kind of the sweet spot for a grapple-based Monk. The higher level ones have a lot more options to escape it for most classes.

I need to add a rope so I can tie people up. :D

PowerGamer
2013-01-31, 06:12 PM
Lol just a little bit. But it was fun so it's ok