PDA

View Full Version : So i got 60-70$ to spend...

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-26, 10:39 PM
as the title suggest, I have 60-70$ to spend for a chrismas gift from my parents. The gift they bought me actually ends up being a realissue for all of the family (it was a deluxe popcorn machine but the maintenance on that thing is ridiculous, the popcorn it gives out is nasty, all oily and disgusting and its actually pretty cumbersome, like, really big). my parents and myself were disapointed by the result of the product and they want to get me something better from walmart (because thats where the thing comes from).

My question is: What game should I get myself for chrismas.
notes:
I am on PS3
I detest CoD. i will ignore those suggestions.
I am awful at fighter games.
Assassin's creed is off my likings since brotherhood
I already own BL2 with season pass and pre-order
BF3 is a load of bullocks and im honestly shamed to have bought it.
I have ME2 and 3
not a sports game please

now for the game you suggest, you got to tell me what's the game about.
if there's a solo campaign, if the multiplayer is balanced, as in i wont get pubstomped as soon as i try to go online.

I'm looking for a game that is intuitive, user friendly, splitscreen (co-op or not) and above all not by EA

BobVosh
2012-12-27, 02:26 AM
I recommend Far Cry 3. TB did a WTF is, probably the best way to learn about it in comparison to me talking about it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMQAkoue6w)

The storyline is pretty good, Vaas is by far the best villain I have ever seen. It has co-op, but I have no clue if it is split screen or what. I haven't tried the multiplayer so no comment there.

Tylorious
2012-12-27, 07:12 AM
CALL OF DUTY!!!!!!!

just kidding man i understand your hatred for the game...

but maybe you should try the new uncharted game. I know the single player is epic, and i know there is a multiplayer, but i do not know if anyone ever gets on multiplayer.

also, another game that is so fun to play is dishonored. the single player campaign will get you thinkin, and there are atleast 4 different ways you can complete each level, it almost feels open world, but it isn't

Starbuck_II
2012-12-27, 10:31 AM
also, another game that is so fun to play is dishonored. the single player campaign will get you thinkin, and there are atleast 4 different ways you can complete each level, it almost feels open world, but it isn't

I too recommend Dishonored.
It is a stealth game, but not doing stealth is fine just makes game a lot more challenging. It is a little like Bioshock in you have abilities if you have played that.

Cristo Meyers
2012-12-27, 11:48 AM
Do you have the Batman Arkham games? By now you could probably pick up both at that price.

Krade
2012-12-27, 01:11 PM
as the title suggest, I have 60-70$ to spend for a chrismas gift from my parents. The gift they bought me actually ends up being a realissue for all of the family (it was a deluxe popcorn machine but the maintenance on that thing is ridiculous, the popcorn it gives out is nasty, all oily and disgusting and its actually pretty cumbersome, like, really big). my parents and myself were disapointed by the result of the product and they want to get me something better from walmart (because thats where the thing comes from).

It's a conspiracy headed by old Orville "The Pop" Reddenbacher to maintain the dominance of microwavable popcorn bags. Do not give in, Brother! You are but playing into thier delicious and buttery hands!

Maxios
2012-12-27, 01:16 PM
Red Dead Redemption. It's an open-world western and is pretty much the greatest game ever made.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-12-27, 01:23 PM
Little Big Planet?

Triaxx
2012-12-27, 03:26 PM
Infamous 1/2? God of War 3?

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-27, 10:49 PM
i have owned infamous 1 digitaly and own infamous 2 physically, for red dead redemption, i got FO3(ult. edit.) and FO:NV(ult. edit.) to get my open world RPG urges.

im not a fan of LBP2

I have Arkham city and watched the previous one i watched a playthrough to understand the game i got.

dishonored is going to wait, i think im going to go for Farcry3.

thank you guys a lot
Lock up the thread

Hiro Protagonest
2012-12-27, 11:04 PM
i have owned infamous 1 digitaly and own infamous 2 physically, for red dead redemption, i got FO3(ult. edit.) and FO:NV(ult. edit.) to get my open world RPG urges.

Far Cry 3 is of the same genre ('cept first-person view), but worse (not bad, but worse). I'd get Red Dead Redemption.

Maxios
2012-12-28, 11:56 AM

im not a fan of LBP2

I have Arkham city and watched the previous one i watched a playthrough to understand the game i got.

dishonored is going to wait, i think im going to go for Farcry3.

thank you guys a lot
Lock up the thread

RDR and the Fallout series are very different. RDR has more in common with Grand Theft Auto then Fallout 3. Also, people actually play Fallout 3/NV on the consoles :smallconfused:?

Fan
2012-12-28, 12:12 PM
Far Cry 3 is of the same genre ('cept first-person view), but worse (not bad, but worse). I'd get Red Dead Redemption.

I've played both, and had immense fun with both, but I wouldn't call Far Cry 3 worse.

It's world is definitely more immersive, there's rewards beyond "dollah dollah bills ya'll" for animal skins, and your single player time isn't wasted for your multiplayer experience thanks to decoding.

Also, The wing suit. You can fly in Far Cry 3.

psilontech
2012-12-28, 03:45 PM
Dark Souls

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-12-28, 04:04 PM
A Whirley-Pop popcorn machine. It's a big pot. With a whirly thing attached to the lid of the pot that you spin with a crank on the handle. You put in some oil, then you put in the popcorn, and you spin it slowly over the stove. BEST POPCORN EVER. Even with super-cheap kernels. Also it's super easy to maintain, you just have to wash it after you use it. I got one for christmas.

Um, I dunno, I have really been enjoying Dishonoured, even though I suck at the whole "stealth" bit. I try, I really do, but then alluvasudden even though I strangled the woman in a half-closed room with nobody looking, ALL of the guards were after me.

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-28, 04:37 PM
Dark Souls
I own darksouls. i cannot play darksouls. i have no fun in darksouls. i despise darksouls. a game where i get one-shotted everyday single time is not fun. having a short, very very very short attention span, my interest was lost my interest in the game early on. im looking to sell with a few other of my games in my hometown

A Whirley-Pop popcorn machine. It's a big pot. With a whirly thing attached to the lid of the pot that you spin with a crank on the handle. You put in some oil, then you put in the popcorn, and you spin it slowly over the stove. BEST POPCORN EVER. Even with super-cheap kernels. Also it's super easy to maintain, you just have to wash it after you use it. I got one for christmas.
no, the whirley-ones are fine, though the popcorn is oily and a bit nasty, im talking about a down-sized cinema popcorn machine. one with a suspended kettle. it has a spining engine, but to clean the kettle, the walls, the box is a bit overkill, especially when half the batch hasn't popped and is wasted.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-12-28, 05:04 PM
It's world is definitely more immersive, there's rewards beyond "dollah dollah bills ya'll" for animal skins, and your single player time isn't wasted for your multiplayer experience thanks to decoding.
While I like the idea of the crafting, my immersion is broken whenever I see an item that's just like mine, except it looks slightly different, has "rugged" in the name, and requires tiger skins to make.

Also, The wing suit. You can fly in Far Cry 3.

That is fun, for sure. But when it comes to little things, I prefer shooting a repeating Winchester in 1911.