PDA

View Full Version : [3.P/PF]Let's build Captain America!

PlusSixPelican
2012-12-27, 02:41 AM
So, I was wondering how the people in the playground would build Captain America, since my building ability isn't super awesome yet.

All I know is that his main weapon is a magic shield (with the Throwing, Distance, and Returning properties), and a couple other things:

Feats:
-Equipment Trick (Shields)
-Throw Anything
-Deadly Aim
-Improved Grapple
-Improved Trip

Class: Fighter, Paladin, or Crusader (ToB), Possible Prestige Class

Species: (Advanced?) Human
Alignment: Lawful Good

But yeah, that's all I gots. Thoughts?

Feel free to make up his shield, too.

RFLS
2012-12-27, 02:56 AM
This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10232) might help. Scroll down until you see "PhoenixInferno's Captain America." It's a fairly simple build, tbh. I think (but I'm not sure; I haven't looked at the PrC) that you can mix in Bloodstorm Blade for some Returning goodness.

BigKahuna
2012-12-27, 02:59 AM
From a character point of view, I think a Paladin who worships an appropriate ideal instead of a god (something like The American Way) is probably the best representation of Captain America. Not sure how this would work mechanically though, probably something involving the Holy Tactician archetype. Apart from that, I'm not sure how to build him but I've always thought it would be cool for a party to run into a D&D version of the original Avengers (at the same level as the party) and get into a fight with them.