PDA

View Full Version : Defensive plant wildshapes in 3.5?

Warrnan
2012-12-27, 08:01 PM
Alrighty playgrounders. I am about to hit level 12 in a 3.5 game and I'm pretty much a caster focused druid who is wanting defense and utility. I have very little care if the plant form can do any melee damage whatsoever. Currently I'm buffing with the wild feat that gives 7 natural armor but its been house ruled to have a duration equal to my wildshape and will stack with whatever the plant form offers. We have a two man adventuring party so I am almost always casting in melee.

I am most appreciative of your green leafy druid form expertise! Happy adventuring, my fellow heroes, scoundrels and dark lords!!

The Viscount
2012-12-30, 06:33 PM
Shambling mound (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shamblingMound.htm) is a great form, as there is no limit on the Con you can gain from its special immunity.

Vine Horror from Fiend Folio can move through cracks 1 inch wide without slowing down.

Red Sundew from MM2 has sticky acid, which you can use to destroy your opponents weapons if you want to do that, though you'll have to wait a few levels until that form is available. Immunity to fire and acid is neat, too.

The real big daddy in Fiend Folio is the Ironmaw. It is a potent monster, offensively and defensively.

Note that if you want all the tasty (ex) special qualities, you'll want to cast enhance wild shape.

Warrnan
2012-12-30, 11:15 PM
Enhance wildshape? That is exactly what I was looking for! Is that in the Spc? Thank you for all the delicious plant suggestions. Enhance wildshape and tendriculous gives fast healing 10, am I right?! Sounds awesome. Thank you thank you.

Venger
2012-12-30, 11:45 PM
Enhance wildshape? That is exactly what I was looking for! Is that in the Spc? Thank you for all the delicious plant suggestions. Enhance wildshape and tendriculous gives fast healing 10, am I right?! Sounds awesome. Thank you thank you.

yep, it is right on page 82.

The Viscount
2012-12-30, 11:54 PM
You're very welcome. Tendriculos gives regeneration 10, which is even better than fast healing, but yes. You get it from enhance wild shape. Have fun!

Warrnan
2012-12-31, 12:04 PM
Most awesome. Thanks again!