PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a prestige

Moonwolf727
2012-12-27, 11:05 PM
I would like to solicit the opinions of the playground for a brief moment if you would allow it.

What do you think of the Fatespinner class from Complete arcane? Personally I think it is worth taking a level or four just because of all the benefits it can give to a sorcerer or wizard but I usually have poor judgement on these things and would like a little feedback on it. I'm not new by any means but sometimes I can't trust my eyes to pick up all the details.

All help and advice appreciated. :smallbiggrin:

nyjastul69
2012-12-28, 01:47 AM
It seems pretty solid to me. Mind you, I generally don't optimize much when I play. As a DM I see nothing broken with it. Some of the options, if not all, can be gained through other means though (I think ).

Alleran
2012-12-28, 02:35 AM
I would like to solicit...
Dinner first.

...the opinions of the playground for a brief moment if you would allow it.

What do you think of the Fatespinner class from Complete arcane? Personally I think it is worth taking a level or four just because of all the benefits it can give to a sorcerer or wizard but I usually have poor judgement on these things and would like a little feedback on it. I'm not new by any means but sometimes I can't trust my eyes to pick up all the details.
Oh. Well, all you need are skill ranks (which you should have in abundance if you're a wizard, even with only two per level, thanks to a high INT) and a divination spell of 1st level or higher, and the skills are class skills (plus, you should have your K:Arcana ranks maxed out anyway). The fifth level of the class might be something to avoid, since it involves losing a spellcasting level, and those are rarely worth the price, but I don't see why you shouldn't take it. Yes, there are better classes, but there are also worse ones.

Juntao112
2012-12-28, 04:00 AM
It is a fun little prestige class. If you like the concept, you should definitely try it out.