PDA

View Full Version : feat compendium and Staffs

Macrovore
2006-11-01, 10:10 AM
the "from the playground" isn't working. all the links (of the 3 i checked from different areas, but it believe it to be accurate) default to the forum index page, and I need a feat: the one that allows you to bond to a staff you created and let it recharge. I can't remember it's name. can someone help me out?

Fizban
2006-11-01, 03:14 PM
Yes, the software change killed the compendium, but they'll get it fixed eventually. In the meantime, I copied all those feats into a text file on my computer, so I can post it when I get home in about 4 hours. Or someone else might have it available before then.

Macrovore
2006-11-01, 05:38 PM
cool. 'cause my wizard was thinking of taking that. on a slightly related note, it says in the dmg (i can't remember where) that charged magical items cannot be made intelligent. if i got this feat, which allowed the staff to recharge slowly, could i make it inelligent, or would i have to make it +1 (at least) first?

Fizban
2006-11-02, 02:57 AM
7 hours later.....
The feat:

"
Bonded Staff
You have formed a unique bond with a staff you have created.
Requirements: Craft Staff, Spellcraft 15 ranks
Benefit: When you craft a staff, you may bond with it. While you wield it, it gains an enhancement bonus equal to a quarter of your caster level, and each day it remains in your possession, it regains 1 charge, to a maximum of 50 charges. You may only bond to one staff at a time. If your bonded staff is destroyed, you must wait a year and a day before you may create another one.
"

You can assume the granted enhancement bonus is enough to allow intelligence, or you could add in a cheap constant bonus (such as +1 to a skill for a mere +100 or 150gp depending on how you figure the adding abilities cost), or you could take the item familiar feat and grant it int over time along with abilities.

Macrovore
2006-11-02, 10:48 AM
could you use that extra enhancement bonus to add special abilities, or can you only use it for a regular enhancement bonus?