PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie & Clyde

javijuji
2012-12-28, 01:36 PM
I'm looking into making 2 characters who resemble 2 coordinated robbers. One female (the social) and the other male (the locksmith). Im looking into any kind of suggestions such as feats that work best with 2 characters working together, social feats, prestige classes that can be combined. Anything that kind make this idea work. I know there is a social feat that gives spot and listen penalties to the person you are talking with to notice the rest of the party.

Maybe Nightsong enforcer and Nightsong infiltrator?

Venger
2012-12-28, 03:08 PM
I'm looking into making 2 characters who resemble 2 coordinated robbers. One female (the social) and the other male (the locksmith). Im looking into any kind of suggestions such as feats that work best with 2 characters working together, social feats, prestige classes that can be combined. Anything that kind make this idea work. I know there is a social feat that gives spot and listen penalties to the person you are talking with to notice the rest of the party.

Maybe Nightsong enforcer and Nightsong infiltrator?

enforcer and infiltrator is a great idea. this month's iron chef (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263173) is nightsong infiltrator, so head on over there to see some variations on it if you'd like to see how the chefs this time around interpreted it.

mindbender is a nice class for social if you're low-op, and locksmith, assuming that wands and knock exist in your game isn't really a hugely necessary role, though I figure you meant general tone rather than specifically that. check out dungeonscape's "trapsmith" and/or complete scoundrel's "combat trapsmith" prestige classes.

I believe the feat you are referring to is PHB2's "master manipulator" on p 80

javijuji
2012-12-28, 03:13 PM
Yes I did in fact ment the tone not exactly a locksmith. I was simply referring that one of them should be charismatic and the other dextrous. Of course both can be good at it but I want them to be different characters that are more efficent when together. Hence why nightsong enforcer + infiltrator might be a good idea.

limejuicepowder
2012-12-28, 06:03 PM
Another way to go is to make both characters a spontaneous caster type that is normally starved for spell choices, like sorcerer or warlock. Have them take spell lists that work together very well - one does the blasting and one does the control, for example. Or one takes niche spells and one takes utility.

The advantage of this is twofold. One, the teamwork will be very obvious. Faced individually they would be just a sorc with a focused spell list to the point of being slightly gimped. Together though, they are a serious threat. Two, casters are much more capable of helping each other out, meaning there us much less chance that something comes up where one character becomes a hindrance. Example: a rogue and a fighter are fighting a group of whatevers. Their team work is solid; the fighter "tanks" while the rogue skirmishes, tumbles, and flanks. But now it's time to infiltrate. The fighter has absolutely nothing to do, and if he tried his only accomplishment would be to make useless the 12 ranks the rogue has in move silently.

Now consider a pair of sorcs. First they fight; sorc 1 uses orb of fire while sorc 2 casts slow and solid fog. Now they infiltrate: sorc 2 throws invisibility on the both of em and away they go.