PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Low Level Builds List

Private
2012-12-28, 05:42 PM
Inspired by This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265788), and the link to This 3.5 thread (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19861106/Compilation_of_Low_Level_builds), I think it would be great to compile a similar list of builds for Pathfinder. While there isn't as much room for Cheese in the Pathfinder system, there are clearly some builds that would make great low level characters or cohorts.

If you have any ideas to add to the list, just post them here and I'll do my best to keep the lists updated. Make sure you are specific as possible with your build, to include:
-Level
-Race
-Ability Scores
-Class breakdown
-Class features (or Archetypes)
-Feats
-Anything else that is crucial to the build (Spells, Equipment, Etc.)
-"The Gimmic" (What the build is intended to do)

Here is an Example of the post format:

THE BATMAN

Statistics
8th level Human Ninja

Ability Scores (20 pt buy): Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 16

HP: 59 (assumes max at 1st level and average each subsequent level)

AC: 19 (increased to a maximum of 43 thru Offensive Defense), CMD 21 (increased to a maximum of 45 thru Offensive Defense)

BAB +6, CMB +10

Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +4

Feats: Sap Adept, Improved Unarmed Strike, Enforcer, Sap Master, Weapon Focus (Unarmed), Dazzling Display, Shatter Defenses

Ninja Tricks: Smoke Bomb, Offensive Defense, Weapon Training, Combat Trick

Skills: Max ranks in Intimidate, Stealth, Acrobatics and UMD; rest to taste

Equipment (33000 gp): +1 Mithral Breastplate of Shadow [7950 gp], Ring of Protection +1 [2000 gp], +1 Amulet of Mighty Fists [5000 gp], Belt of Giant's Strength +2 [4000 gp], Cloak of Resistance +2 [4000 gp], +1 Hand Crossbow [2400 gp], Adventurer's Sash (Pouches contain 1x Acid Flask, 1x Flask of Holy Water, 1x Flask of Alchemist's Fire, 1x Flask of Liquid Ice, 1x Flask of Shadowcloy, 1x dose of Bloodblock; Satchel contains 2x Bags of Caltrops, 3x Grappling Bolt, 2x Silk Rope [50']), Handy Haversack [2000 gp](Contains 5x Acid Flask, 5x Flask of Holy Water, 5x Flask of Alchemist's Fire, 5x Flask of Liquid Ice, 5x Flask of Shadowcloy, 5x Dose of Bloodblock, 20x Masterwork Cold Iron Shuriken, 20x Masterwork Silvered Shuriken), Spring-Loaded Wrist Sheath (Contains 5x Masterwork Cold Iron Shuriken)

Concept: This build tries to maximize nonlethal Sneak Attack damage by using the Sap Adept and Sap Master feats. Enforcer allows us to make an Intimidate check to demoralize every time we deal nonlethal damage, and Shatter Defenses exploits that to make our enemies flat-footed vs our attacks forever.

Weak vs. Sneak attack immunity, Fear immunity, Nonlethal immunity, and Uncanny Dodge. But that's what the Utility Belt is for :smallwink:. Anything else is going to be unconscious within a round or two, as you're dishing out 1d4 + 8d6 + 20 nonlethal damage on each hit, and have up to three attacks per round. In addition to that, Offensive Defense allows you to add a dodge bonus equal to your sneak attack dice to your AC each time you hit, meaning once you get into combat, you're likely to never be hit at all.

Bumping the build up to 9th level allows you to squeeze in Weapon Finesse and go Dex-based, though I'm not sure it's needed. 10th level gives you Unarmed Combat Mastery, and now you're a monk with ninja skills (AKA The Goddamn Batman!)

I've got a few lower level builds laying around, and I'll begin to compile mine within the next day or two. Let's get together and use this as a resource for all players!

Level One:
Nothing yet.

Level Two:
BUTTERFLY OF DOOM

Statistics
2nd level gnome oracle, heavens mystery

Abilities (20 PB): STR 6, DEX 12, CON 15, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 20

Feats: Spell focus (illusion)

Revelation: Awesome display

Spells known: Color spray, Protection from evil, Tap inner beauty

Curse: Haunted
Gear
Darkwood longspear, masterwork studded leather armor, ioun torch
Concept
Color spray normally knocks unconscious targets with 2 HD or less. Extending that to 7 HD (Will save DC 18) can be pretty impressive for a 1st level spell. Later on Hypnotic/rainbow pattern can affect rather a lot of targets under the effect of the same revelation.

Level Three:
I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING

Statistics
3rd level gnome sorcerer, rakshasa-blooded

Abilities (20 PB): STR 10, DEX 12, CON 16, INT 13, WIS 8, CHA 18

Feats: Silent spell, Effortless trickery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/effortless-trickery)

Spells known: Charm person, Silent image, Vanish, Magic missile

Gear
Darkwood longspear, wand of Mage armor, wand of Comprehend languages, elixir of truth
Concept
Detect thoughts as a supernatural ability (hence no verbal or somatic components) & reading thoughts in one round rather than 3 can break any number of non-combat plots wide open.

Level Four:
Magus Blast

Statistics
3rd level Magus, 1st level Sorcerer (crossblooded Orc/Blue dragon)

Race: Human

Abilities (20 point buy): STR 10, DEX 22 (17 PB + 1 level + 2 racial + 2 belt), CON 14, INT 14, WIS 8, CHA 9

AC 21 (10+ 6 DEX + 5 armor), Touch 16, FF 15

31 HP (8+4+4 from Magus, 3 from Sorcerer, 10 from CON, 3 from favored class)

Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 4

BAB +2, CMB +2, CMD 18

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance, Spell Focus (Evocation)

Character Traits: Varisian Tattoo (Evocation) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/varisian-tattoo), Gifted Adept (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/gifted-adept) (Shocking Grasp)

Skills: Max Spellcraft and Use Magic Device, 8 other skill points to taste.

Equipment (6,000 gp)Belt of incredible Dexterity +2 (4,000)
Scimitar (15)
Mithral Shirt (1,100)
885g remaining

Concept:This build is focused entirely around Shocking Grasp (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shocking-grasp). On each round, use Spell Combat to make an attack with your scimitar at +8, hitting for 1d6+6. Then, cast Shocking Grasp. Either take an attack of opportunity and watch them miss your fabulous AC, or make a concentration check DC 17 with a +5 bonus. On the cast, you get to make another weapon attack, and if it hits, you deal an additional 5d6+10. If you hit with both, that's 7d6+22 damage in one round- enough to oneshot many CR 4 enemies.

Level Five:
Dwarven Spinning Top.

Statistics
Fifth level Dwarven Two-Handed Fighter

20 point buy: Str: 18 Dex:14 Con:18 Int: 9 Wis: 10 Chr: 5
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Darting Viper, Great Cleave
Skills: To Taste
HP:47
Attacks at +8, 1d10+6 once per turn against every enemy within 10 feet.(+6, 1d10+12 if power attacking).

Items
+1 Dorn Dergar, +1 Full Plate, rest to taste.

Concept:
Get yourself a fifth level dwarven fighter, two handed fighter archetype. Take Cleave, Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Darting Viper and Great Cleave. By virtue of the Darting Viper feat, a Dorn Dergar is necessary. This allows the dorf to make an attack at every creature within 10ft+Natural reach that is of equal size or smaller than the dwarf.
In future levels, Cleave Through and giant killer might be nice, but both require 11 BAB, pick up Lunge somewhere if you want.

Private
2012-12-28, 05:43 PM
Level Six:
Nothing yet.

Level Seven:
Nothing yet.

Level Eight:
THE BATMAN

Statistics
8th level Human Ninja

Ability Scores (20 pt buy): Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 16

AC: 19 (increased to a maximum of 43 thru Offensive Defense), CMD 21 (increased to a maximum of 45 thru Offensive Defense)

BAB +6, CMB +10

Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +4

Feats: Sap Adept, Improved Unarmed Strike, Enforcer, Sap Master, Weapon Focus (Unarmed), Dazzling Display, Shatter Defenses

Equipment (33000 gp): +1 Mithral Breastplate of Shadow [7950 gp], Ring of Protection +1 [2000 gp], +1 Amulet of Mighty Fists [5000 gp], Belt of Giant's Strength +2 [4000 gp], Cloak of Resistance +2 [4000 gp], +1 Hand Crossbow [2400 gp], Adventurer's Sash (Pouches contain 1x Acid Flask, 1x Flask of Holy Water, 1x Flask of Alchemist's Fire, 1x Flask of Liquid Ice, 1x Flask of Shadowcloy, 1x dose of Bloodblock; Satchel contains 2x Bags of Caltrops, 3x Grappling Bolt, 2x Silk Rope [50']), Handy Haversack [2000 gp](Contains 5x Acid Flask, 5x Flask of Holy Water, 5x Flask of Alchemist's Fire, 5x Flask of Liquid Ice, 5x Flask of Shadowcloy, 5x Dose of Bloodblock, 20x Masterwork Cold Iron Shuriken, 20x Masterwork Silvered Shuriken), Spring-Loaded Wrist Sheath (Contains 5x Masterwork Cold Iron Shuriken)

Concept: This build tries to maximize nonlethal Sneak Attack damage by using the Sap Adept and Sap Master feats. Enforcer allows us to make an Intimidate check to demoralize every time we deal nonlethal damage, and Shatter Defenses exploits that to make our enemies flat-footed vs our attacks forever.

Weak vs. Sneak attack immunity, Fear immunity, Nonlethal immunity, and Uncanny Dodge. But that's what the Utility Belt is for :smallwink:. Anything else is going to be unconscious within a round or two, as you're dishing out 1d4 + 8d6 + 20 nonlethal damage on each hit, and have up to three attacks per round. In addition to that, Offensive Defense allows you to add a dodge bonus equal to your sneak attack dice to your AC each time you hit, meaning once you get into combat, you're likely to never be hit at all.

Bumping the build up to 9th level allows you to squeeze in Weapon Finesse and go Dex-based, though I'm not sure it's needed. 10th level gives you Unarmed Combat Mastery, and now you're a monk with ninja skills (AKA The Goddamn Batman!)

Level Nine:
Nothing yet.

Level Ten:
Nothing yet.

Sayt
2012-12-28, 09:51 PM
Edited to be consistent with requested format

I call it the Dwarven Spinning Top.

Fifth level Dwarven Two-Handed Fighter

20 point buy: Str: 18 Dex:14 Con:18 Int: 9 Wis: 10 Chr: 5
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Darting Viper, Great Cleave
Skills: To Taste
47HP, Attacks at +8, 1d10+6 once per turn against every enemy within 10 feet.(+6, 1d10+12 if power attacking).

Items
+1 Dorn Dergar, +1 Full Plate, rest to taste.

Concept:
No idea if this is good enough, but get yourself a fifth level dwarven fighter, two handed fighter archetype. Take Cleave, Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Darting Viper and Great Cleave. By virtue of the Darting Viper feat, a Dorn Dergar is necessary. This allows the dorf to make an attack at every creature within 10ft+Natural reach that is of equal size or smaller than the dwarf.
In future levels, Cleave Through and giant killer might be nice, but both require 11 BAB, pick up Lunge somewhere if you want.

avr
2012-12-28, 11:01 PM
An oracle with the heavens mystery who selects the awesome display revelation can have color spray spells to die for. Effective from 2nd level onwards. The gnome stat bonuses and racial ability combo nicely with this.

Sorcerers with the rakshasa bloodline get a 3rd level bloodline power which can break adventure plots wide open - detect thoughts with no verbal or somatic components to give it away, plus it reads surface thoughts in one round rather than three.

The oradin build merits a mention here, but I'll leave the details to someone who knows it better.

Private
2012-12-28, 11:43 PM
I love the ideas, but if you guys could provide full builds, as opposed to ideas, that'd be much more helpful for the thread.

AttilaTheGeek
2012-12-29, 12:38 AM
Magus Blast- 4th level
3rd level Magus, 1st level Sorcerer (crossblooded Orc/Blue dragon)

Race: Human

Abilities (20 point buy): STR 10, DEX 22 (17 PB + 1 level + 2 racial + 2 belt), CON 14, INT 14, WIS 8, CHA 9

AC 21 (10+ 6 DEX + 5 armor), Touch 16, FF 15

31 HP (8+4+4 from Magus, 3 from Sorcerer, 10 from CON, 3 from favored class)

Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 4

BAB +2, CMB +2, CMD 18

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance, Spell Focus (Evocation)

Character Traits: Varisian Tattoo (Evocation) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/varisian-tattoo), Gifted Adept (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/gifted-adept) (Shocking Grasp)

Skills: Max Spellcraft and Use Magic Device, 8 other skill points to taste.

Equipment (6,000 gp)Belt of incredible Dexterity +2 (4,000)
Scimitar (15)
Mithral Shirt (1,100)
885g remaining

Concept:This build is focused entirely around Shocking Grasp (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shocking-grasp). On each round, use Spell Combat to make an attack with your scimitar at +8, hitting for 1d6+6. Then, cast Shocking Grasp. Either take an attack of opportunity and watch them miss your fabulous AC, or make a concentration check DC 17 with a +5 bonus. On the cast, you get to make another weapon attack, and if it hits, you deal an additional 5d6+10. If you hit with both, that's 7d6+22 damage in one round- enough to oneshot many CR 4 enemies.

avr
2012-12-29, 04:28 AM
OK. Hardly needs it tho'.

Revised to doko's format, all details nailed down

BUTTERFLY OF DOOM
2nd level gnome oracle, heavens mystery

Abilities (20 PB): STR 6, DEX 12, CON 15, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 20

Feats: Spell focus (illusion)

Revelation: Awesome display

Spells known: Color spray, Protection from evil, Tap inner beauty

Curse: Haunted
Gear
Darkwood longspear, masterwork studded leather armor, ioun torch
Concept
Color spray normally knocks unconscious targets with 2 HD or less. Extending that to 7 HD (Will save DC 18) can be pretty impressive for a 1st level spell. Later on Hypnotic/rainbow pattern can affect rather a lot of targets under the effect of the same revelation.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING
3rd level gnome sorcerer, rakshasa-blooded

Abilities (20 PB): STR 10, DEX 12, CON 16, INT 13, WIS 8, CHA 18

Feats: Silent spell, Effortless trickery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/effortless-trickery)

Spells known: Charm person, Silent image, Vanish, Magic missile

Gear
Darkwood longspear, wand of Mage armor, wand of Comprehend languages, elixir of truth
Concept
Detect thoughts as a supernatural ability (hence no verbal or somatic components) & reading thoughts in one round rather than 3 can break any number of non-combat plots wide open.

doko239
2012-12-29, 07:09 AM
My favorite PF build:

THE BATMAN

8th level Human Ninja

Abilities (20 pt buy): Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 16

BAB +6, CMB +10

Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +4

Private
2012-12-29, 08:19 AM
Awesome. Very nice job. I like Doko's Format of his build, so I'm going to put a modified version as an example in Post 1. I forgot to mention to include ability scores, which we can say are 20 PB.

I'll try to modify the other builds into that format for ease, but if people post in that format from here on out, that'd be awesome.

AttilaTheGeek
2012-12-29, 11:40 AM
I don't really think each build needs that level of detail, though. For example, an oracle can be silly with Color Spray as long as they have a bunch of Charisma, regardless of their point buy or equipment.

doko239
2012-12-29, 05:40 PM
I don't really think each build needs that level of detail, though. For example, an oracle can be silly with Color Spray as long as they have a bunch of Charisma, regardless of their point buy or equipment.

I think you're missing the point, though. The idea isn't to just give a cute trick you can pull; it's to provide fully-built characters that someone can just grab and stick into a game. That's why it's a Build List and not a Synergies List.

avr
2012-12-29, 09:06 PM
OK, submitted example characters in post above using doko's ninja as an example.

AttilaTheGeek
2012-12-29, 11:21 PM
I think you're missing the point, though. The idea isn't to just give a cute trick you can pull; it's to provide fully-built characters that someone can just grab and stick into a game. That's why it's a Build List and not a Synergies List.

Makes sense. I've updated my magus to fit.

Sayt
2012-12-30, 05:28 AM
Edited my previous post to be consistent with requested format.

Private
2012-12-30, 08:30 AM
Awesome Job, everyone! I have updated the original posts to include your builds!

avr
2012-12-30, 06:50 PM
One more then.

FAST KITTY
5th level halfling sorcerer (wildblooded sylvan)

Abilities (20 PB): STR 10, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 13, WIS 8, CHA 18

Feats: Boon companion, mounted combat, mounted archery

Spells known: (1) Entangle, Expeditious retreat, Mage armor, True Strike, Vanish, (2) Hideous laughter, Elemental touch, Bulls strength

Animal companion: Cat, small (cheetah)
Gear
Pearl of Power I, Ring of Spell Knowledge 1, Wand of Alter Self, +1 sling, scroll of Skinsend, ~4K more
Concept
Animal companions get share spells in PF. Sorcerer spells make better or at least more interesting buffs than druid spells ... and one sorcerer bloodline gets an animal companion.

Cheetahs get trip on their bite attack, have claw attacks so they can use touch spells which specify the use of a hand or claw (surprisingly many), and of course are very fast. On a large enough open plain, expeditious retreat lets them charge 800'.

Druids do tend to be tougher in melee combat than the average sorcerer, so you go into melee combat when you're good and ready and not before.

AttilaTheGeek
2012-12-30, 10:28 PM
It's worthwhile to note that these also make great pre-built NPCs for GMs who like NPCs with class levels. Perhaps you should add that to the OP?

Battle Mage 101

Wizard 3 (evocation)

Abilities (20PB): STR 8, DEX 12, CON 16, INT 16, WIS 10, CHA 10

27 HP (6+3+3 Wizard, 3 Toughness, 3 favored class, 9 CON)

AC 13 (10+1 Armor +1 ring +1 DEX), Touch AC 11, FF 12

Feats: Combat Casting, Toughness

Fort: 4, Ref: 2, Will: 4

Spells & SLAs:
1st level: 2x Magic Missile (1d4+2), Burning Hands (3d4+1, DC 14)
2nd level: 2xScorching Ray (4d6+1)
Force Missile (1d4+1 damage to one target, no save) 8x/day
Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Spark, Dancing Lights

Tactics, if played as an NPC:
1: Casts Scorching Ray on the most heavily-armored threat, or moves into melee and casts Burning Hands if it would hit more than three targets.
2: Uses Magic Missiles on the closest threat, or uses another Scorching Ray if one threat is doing a lot of damage.
3: Falls back to Force Missile when out of spell slots.

Equipment (3000g)
Bracers of Armor +1 (1000)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000)

Concept:
A basic, straightforward battle mage, focused on dealing damage and surviving in combat. It's a decent build for an NPC battle mage too, in that it's not particularly powerful. I included prepared spells and tactics if you do play one.

Rentaromon
2012-12-31, 12:18 AM
Swinging a Truck

1st level Human Aegis

Feats: Power attack, psionic weapon

Customizations: powerful build, (anything 1 point ability), brawn(from astral armor), improved damage(from astral armor)

Strength 22 (18 from point buy, 2 from human, 2 from astral armor.

Equipment
any 2 handed weapon

Concept: Aegis is a psionics expanded class, its a bit crazy at lvl 1-3 but becomes much more balanced after that. In all your attacks will deal +16 damage, +15+2d6 if you activate psionic weapon. You will kill just about anything so long as you hit regardless of damage roll, and you have a +6 to hit so that will be easy with a good attack roll.

avr
2012-12-31, 04:37 AM
Thinking about the skinsend spell & how to make it work. The concept's lovely, it just sounds like a suicide pact without the right preparation. Hmm...

THE GOBLIN SUICIDE BOMBER
6th level goblin alchemist (grenadier archetype)

Abilities (20 PB) STR 10, DEX 20, CON 14, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 6

Feats: Throw Anything (b), MWP (rapier) (b), Burn! Burn! Burn!, Roll With It, Weapon Finesse

Discoveries: Precise Bombs (b), Rocket bomb, Scrap bomb, Cognatogen

Formulae known: (1) Ant haul, Bomber's eye, Cure light wounds, Disguise self, Negate aroma, Reduce Person, Shield (2) Ablative barrier, Fox's cunning, Skinsend

Formulae prepared: (1) Bomber's eye, Reduce person, Shield, 2 open (2) Ablative barrier, Fox's cunning, Skinsend, 1 open
Gear (16K limit)
Cracked pearly white spindle ioun stone (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/pearly-white-spindle-ioun-stone) (important for regeneration if your skin doesn't come back when using skinsend) (3400 gp), a few viridium rapiers & daggers in lead-lined scabbards, a few slings, +1 mithral chain shirt, muleback cords, plenty of alchemists fire & other substances to use on your weapon, some poisons
Concept
You can use skinsend to send your skin off as a construct while your body lies helpless. You get to switch between your body and your skin as a standard action; if you're switched into your skin when it dies you die. Note that constructs are immune to nonlethal damage which makes ablative barrier unusually nice, among immunity to a huge list of other conditions.

Your favorite infiltration tactic is going to be to send a skin in to blow things up (espec. with damage over time effects [scrap bombs, viridium weapons, poison, alchemical fire] in case you have to abandon that skin) while your body remains somewhere safe. When there isn't somewhere safe available, well your AC should be pretty good when buffed and wearing armor. Grenadiers can add alchemical items to their weapon damage as a move action, and while you don't have poison use as a grenadier constructs are immune to poison anyway.

An ioun stone of this kind is over 25% of WBL until 6th level, but if your GM is OK with it this skinsend gimmick could work as early as 4th level if you could get it then.

Chaotix
2016-06-30, 09:44 AM
I have a build that might be fun to use on 1st level.

Build:

1st Level Human Unchained Monk
20 point buy:
Str: 10
Dex: 20 (18+2 racial)
Con: 12
Int: 10
Wis: 14
Cha: 7

Feats:
Monk: Improved Unarmed
Monk: Stunning Fist
Monk: Improved Grapple
Human: Agile Maneuvers
1st: Throat Slicer

Equipment (35gp):

As pleased.
A Kusarigama (12gp) could be a very nice addition to give you a reach weapon with the grapple quality.
Start the grapple from 5ft away and the next round follow with a 5ft step into pin? Yes please.

Style:

This character is focused around finding a high priority target and making sure he does not live long.
What I would suggest is staying on the edge of combat, moving to your target and start the grapple (from reach if you use the Kusarigama).
Next you pin (5ft step in if you used reach). And on the 3rd round you coup de grace with your unarmed strike as a standard action and move away or to your next target.
You will be somewhat reliant on your party to make sure you are not swarmed by critters while you try and snap the boss' neck.

Stats:

AC: 10+5 (dex)+2 (wis)=17
HP: 10+1 (con)+1 (favored)=12
CMB: 1 (bab)+5 (dex)=6 (+2 improved grapple) -> +8 on grapple
Coup de Grace DC: 10+(2*d6) [average: 17]

On higher level:

On higher levels I would recomend getting Weapon Finesse and a Amulet of Mighty fists (agile) as soon as possible. From there the Kraken style or Grabbing style might be a good follow up depending on what route you want to go. Deadly Grappler, Rapid Grappler and Improved natural attack (unarmed) are a must. Greater grapple is also a great addition.

DeZrog
2018-10-10, 08:22 PM
I have a build that might be fun to use on 1st level.

Build:
1st Level Human Unchained Monk
Feats:
... 1st: Throat Slicer

One of the advantages of Unchained Human Monks, which I think has been overlooked and makes the class MUCH better early-on, is that they can suddenly take L1 feats that require +1 BAB...

Nice job spotting that and taking full advantage.

DeZrog
2018-10-10, 09:02 PM
Level 3: Human Alchemist 2 / Barbarian 1: The True RageChemist

I'm really trying hard to find something that invalidates this build. Please PM me if you find something...

Build:

Barbarian, then Alch/Alch
20-point buy
Str 18 (16 +2 racial)
Dex 13
Con 16
Int 13
Wis 8
Cha 7

Feats:

L1 - Power Attack
L3 - RazorTusk

Discovery:

Feral Mutagen

Traits:

Axe to Grind (+1 dmg is good when you have 3 attacks)
<any other, preferably boosts WILL or INIT>

Spells:

Enlarge Person
Shield
Long Arm

Equipment:

Breastplate or Chain Shirt (depending on whether you can tolerate Spell Failure %).
Masterwork Reach Weapon (Glaive) or 2H Weapon (Greatsword) for when you need reach or to bypass high DR.
Composite Longbow (+4 Strength Rating)

Combat:

Raging: 38 hp, AC 13 (17 with Shield)

Activate self-buffs: Enlarge Person, Rage, Mutagen (Strength) - Feral Mutagen, Power Attack
Effective Strength = 28 (+9)
Bite / Claw / Claw = +9/+9/+9 for 2d6+11/d8+11/d8+11
Three-hit damage (min/avg/max) = 37 / 49 / 61
Masterwork Greatsword = +10, 3d6+13

Three (3) natural attacks per round with ridiculous Strength should hit and kill anything you manage to full-attack. For lots of little enemies that are spread out, I recommend the reach weapon with Long Arm self-buff, or just repeated charging with a big 2-hander.
If you can get Bull's Strength from a divine caster, potion, or item, your Strength gets even more ridiculous (Str 32, or a +11 mod).

Concept:

You're really mean when after you drink your special concoction, and being feral makes you really angry, too. Sometimes you don't even remember you have a weapon... and you don't need one. You don't really care if they hit you, because they won't last long standing next to you.