PDA

View Full Version : Any la 0-3 +int templates?

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-28, 10:07 PM
I was looking for some +int templates for a high OP epic short campaign that I'm doing for my character. I already made my character a gr(a/e)y elf so I'm going to update this with the best templates I can find for int. And the only template I could find was phrenic (though that does get the bonus of the dwomever of transference immunity to spells from natural psionic points :smallwink:)

Int +4----La+2
-grey elf
-phrenic

phrenic template: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm

Hunter Killer
2012-12-28, 10:38 PM
Quorbred from Secrets of Sarlona. It gets Int +4, but also has Wis -2 and Cha -4 and some nifty immunities to mental spells and Psionics. All for LA +2.

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-28, 10:44 PM
Wow, very nice but googling it tells me it may not be able to cast spells :smalleek:. As I'm going to be a full caster that'd be a bit impossible to use if it does. Can you tell me if it does in fact prevent you from casting?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-28, 10:52 PM
Spellwarped (MM3) is Int +4 for LA +3.

You can replace Grey Elf with Half-Giant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants) (LA +1) plus Primordial Giant (Int +4, LA +0), which is found in Secrets of Xen'drik.

Variant Half-Fiend (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a) based on an outsider with a higher Int than any other stat. For example, one based on a Rejkar (MM3) would be based on the following stats:

Large size, no fly speed, +8 natural armor, Str 17, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 15, Cha 15, DR/magic, one gore attack, and spell-like abilities of Crushing Despair, Fabricate, Rage, Major Image, Augury, Heroe's Feast, and the Freezing Gaze is notable.

Size and movement modes would be unchanged, type would change to Outsider as normal. You would get +2 natural armor and gain enormous swept-back horns for a gore attack.

For the spell-like abilities, modify the standard Half-Fiend list as follows:
Replace Darkness with Major Image.
Replace Desecrate with Augury.
Replace Unholy Blight with Rage.
Replace Poison with Crushing Despair.
Replace Blasphemy with Fabricate.
Replace Unholy Aura with Freezing Glance (Frostburn).
Replace Unhallow with Heroe's Feast.

Damage reduction, immunities, and all other special attacks/qualities would be normal per the Half-Fiend template.

On to the best part: Ability scores!
With the base ability scores of the model creature being 17, 10, 16, 20, 15, 15, it would get racial ability modifiers of +6, +0, +6, +10, +4, +4 if you were to give one the elite array. Half-Fiend never gives a Wisdom bonus, and its ability score bonuses total +16. Not counting Wis or Dex, just using its base ability score bonuses would be +26, which is roughly 40% too high. Multiplying the relevant bonuses by 60% gives +3.6, +3.6, +6, +2.4, which would be rounded to Str +4, Dex +4, Int +6, Cha +2, for a total of +16.

This is all for the normal +4 LA of Half-Fiend. Note that while there are plenty fiendish outsiders with a higher Int score, their other ability scores are proportionately high so you would be lucky to get even a +4 Int out of a half-fiend template based on them as far more of it would go to Con, Cha, and either Str or Dex.

Quorbred specifically states that you cannot ever learn or use psionic items or feats, nor use psionic items. It doesn't mention anything about psi-like abilities, so you wouldn't even lose anything from Phrenic Creature. There is no prohibition on spellcasting. It actually lets you use your Int bonus instead of Wis or Cha for the DCs of any abilities you get that are normally Wis- or Cha-based, which would include any spell-like (Half-Fiend) or psi-like (Phrenic) abilities.

Hunter Killer
2012-12-28, 10:53 PM
Quorbred can't use Psionic abilities or items. Magic is fine, and they even have the ability to change Charisma based spellcasting classes to use Intelligence instead.

Karsite from Tome of Magic is unable to cast spells or use magic items, and that race is often combine with Quorbred and/or the Forsaker class to make Magekiller PC's/NPC's.

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-28, 11:03 PM
Spellwarped (MM3) is Int +4 for LA +3.

You can replace Grey Elf with Half-Giant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants) (LA +1) plus Primordial Giant (Int +4, LA +0), which is found in Secrets of Xen'drik.
I would but then I no longer qualify for the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat :smallbiggrin: and I cannot buy it off in combination with spellwarped by a reasonable level

Quorbred can't use Psionic abilities or items. Magic is fine, and they even have the ability to change Charisma based spellcasting classes to use Intelligence instead.

Karsite from Tome of Magic is unable to cast spells or use magic items, and that race is often combine with Quorbred and/or the Forsaker class to make Magekiller PC's/NPC's.

Ahh, that's why I saw it as no casting I saw it combined with karsite

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-28, 11:13 PM
I would but then I no longer qualify for the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat :smallbiggrin: and I cannot buy it off in combination with spellwarped by a reasonable level

What are you getting from Faerie Mysteries Initiate? I'm guessing Int to HP instead of Con, but you should be SAD enough to still have a decent Con. You don't necessarily need to combine that with Spellwarped or anything else. Primordial Half-Giant gives Str +2, Dex -2, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +4, plus other benefits, for LA +1. Combine it with Quorbred for a total LA +3, which can be bought off by level 18, for a total of Str +2, Dex -2, Con +2, Int +8, Wis -2, Cha +0, and tons of great benefits.

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-29, 12:31 AM
What are you getting from Faerie Mysteries Initiate? I'm guessing Int to HP instead of Con, but you should be SAD enough to still have a decent Con. You don't necessarily need to combine that with Spellwarped or anything else. Primordial Half-Giant gives Str +2, Dex -2, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +4, plus other benefits, for LA +1. Combine it with Quorbred for a total LA +3, which can be bought off by level 18, for a total of Str +2, Dex -2, Con +2, Int +8, Wis -2, Cha +0, and tons of great benefits.

Its from a dragon, don't remember which issue off the top of my head and you deduced correctly. Its also because in the game it would not be possible to fit it in the fluff, and we all have our themes/general fluff chosen.

Twilightwyrm
2012-12-29, 05:38 AM
I take it you've already considered Half-Dragon (+3 LA, +2 Int, plus a number of other nice features)?

Hirax
2012-12-29, 05:49 AM
I'd ditch faerie mysteries and opt for a primordial half-giant as Biff mentioned. Now I know it's not a +int template, but have you considered the quite powerful saint template? If that's too goodie goodie for you, personally I'd go phrenic.

Aasimar
2012-12-29, 07:05 AM
In pathfinder, you could pick human, half-elf or half-orc. Or an aasimar variant.

Xervous
2012-12-29, 11:02 AM
deep from dragon mag 306 is LA +1 for +2 int

edit:

Deep, LA +1
+2 int
-2 str

- all previous vision types
+ darkvision 120ft

gains SLAs 1/day each @ CL = character level
expeditious retreat
ghost sound
spider climb

Light sensitivity :X

- base language
+ undercommon

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-29, 11:46 AM
deep from dragon mag 306 is LA +1 for +2 int

Details on that template? Is that all the template does +2 int for 1 la?