PDA

View Full Version : Just sorta curious...

TechnOkami
2012-12-28, 10:57 PM
Does anyone here play, have played, or enjoy Hackmaster 4th Ed.?

I do.

Chambers
2012-12-31, 09:30 PM
This Hackmaster Campaign Log (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245774) may be of interest to you.

Hopeless
2013-01-01, 08:33 AM
Bought the hackmaster basic book got as far as briefly running a halfling fighter who lent his dagger to a fellow Pc who critically hit with it but otherwise no further than that... that is the basic 4e version isn't it?

TechnOkami
2013-01-01, 05:11 PM
This Hackmaster Campaign Log (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245774) may be of interest to you.
Interesting, but the setting isn't my cup of tea.

Bought the hackmaster basic book got as far as briefly running a halfling fighter who lent his dagger to a fellow Pc who critically hit with it but otherwise no further than that... that is the basic 4e version isn't it?

I'm not entirely sure, since I'm pretty sure you could do that with Hackmaster 5th ed as well. Did it take a minimum of 3 hours to make a character?

LibraryOgre
2013-01-01, 08:04 PM
I got the PH and GMG for old Hackmaster, but was turned off by the monster books... $20 a pop for 8 books, organized alphabetically? Ugh.

New Hackmaster is faboo, however.

Hopeless
2013-01-02, 03:54 AM
Interesting, but the setting isn't my cup of tea.
I'm not entirely sure, since I'm pretty sure you could do that with Hackmaster 5th ed as well. Did it take a minimum of 3 hours to make a character

Close enough!:smallbiggrin:

Greylond
2013-01-03, 03:45 PM
Does anyone here play, have played, or enjoy Hackmaster 4th Ed.?

Yep, been GMing HM for several years now. Awesome game. It's my 3rd favorite RPG behind the new version of Hackmaster and Aces&Eights.

No, HackMaster Basic is the entry game for the new version of HackMaster. NOT the same game.

I got the PH and GMG for old Hackmaster, but was turned off by the monster books... $20 a pop for 8 books, orga nized alphabetically? Ugh.

New Hackmaster is faboo, however.

I agree with you there on the new HM, however, for HM4 you didn't need the monster books to run the game. You could take the AD&D monster books, add 20 HP to most of the monsters and just use that, which is what I did for the first year or two that I ran it.

Then I started collecting the HM HoB books as Convention Swag. See, one secret about K&Co games is that they heavily support any and all Sci/Fi or Game Conventions that ask. I'm on the Board of Directors for a local Con and they usually send us swag every year valued between $250 to $300. Most Cons I go to, I come home with Swag that retails for more than the Convention Ticket price... ;)