PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it...

Yora
2012-12-29, 07:57 AM
when people start threads but don't mention in the title what the thread is about?

Morph Bark
2012-12-29, 08:06 AM
...when people do it in posts.

I also sometimes find it odd (I dislike it slightly, but don't really hate it) when the title says everything necessary, and the post only repeats that. When I post, I try to think up what extra information I can put in the post, and when I fail to do so, since the thread title says everything, I'm like "whelp, eff this".

Lentrax
2012-12-29, 08:17 AM
...When people just make a post to say they are posting.

Seriously, add something to the discussion if you're going to make a post, then feel free to subscribe.

Aedilred
2012-12-29, 08:27 AM
Yes.

I also hate it when only a short answer is required to contribute something to the discussion or give the OP the necessary information, but you're then required to add bonus whitetext to meet the minimum character requirement.

Mauve Shirt
2012-12-29, 08:58 AM
That's what the hovering text is for. :smallwink:

Xuc Xac
2012-12-29, 09:14 AM
We have the mouse-over text now because I complained about this very problem and asked why the mouse-over text wasn't turned on. Things were much worse before.

Mx.Silver
2012-12-29, 11:18 AM
...When people just make a post to say they are posting.

Seriously, add something to the discussion if you're going to make a post, then feel free to subscribe.

In a similar vein, I dislike it when people make a post specifically saying they're going to ignore the thread and not post in it.

Roland St. Jude
2012-12-29, 11:28 AM
Sheriff: I hate threads that collect all the hate in the Playground into a single place. It's why they've been administratively prohibited for as long as I can recall.

Also, for those of you who hate when a thread gets locked, here you go! :smallwink:

Rawhide
2012-12-29, 02:12 PM
We have the mouse-over text now because I complained about this very problem and asked why the mouse-over text wasn't turned on. Things were much worse before.

What, what? What the heck ever gave you that impression? :confused:

It was turned off because it needed to be, it was turned back on when it no longer needed to be.