PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with your cookie?

silverwolfer
2012-12-29, 08:00 PM
so a few of us know about the shadowcraft cookie , using Shalantha's Delicate Disk , to make a near freebie but very delicate spellstoring device.

What sort of things do you enjoy putting in your cookie :D

TuggyNE
2012-12-29, 09:17 PM
Double-chocolate fudge with white chocolate chips and a caramel glaze.

Oh! You meant which spells. Um... can I get back to you on that? I want to get something to eat. :smalltongue:

JeminiZero
2012-12-29, 09:36 PM
Besides the obvious use of loading up offensive spells and dropping a massive insta-kill bomb?

For self-targetted utility spells, considering how fragile they are, you likely have to store them in a handy haversack and pull them out as a move action when needed, then crush them as a standard action (you can't simply drop it to break since that might cause the spell to target the ground instead of you). That makes them almost like casting a spell, except that they can still be used when you are out of spells, and in an area of silence. So... teleport? (In case of emergency, break glass cookie.)

Oh, and the action is faster (standard action to break instead of however long the spell normally takes). This brings to mind spells that have 1 round or longer casting time, like summoning.

The spell does not mention how summoned creatures act. (Whereas Glyph of Warding specifies that summoned creatures attack whoever triggered the glyph). Since the spell says that it acts as if it were cast by the original spellcaster, that would presumably mean that the creature is under that caster's command. You could then in theory load a sack of summoning cookies, drop them from height, and when they break, you have an instant army.

Malimar
2012-12-29, 10:34 PM
so a few of us know about the shadowcraft cookie , using Shalantha's Delicate Disk , to make a near freebie but very delicate spellstoring device.

I've got an NPC who makes things that are essentially like potions, except baked goods. He gave the PCs a biscotti of teleport (keyed to a specific location), and then two scones of locate person.

I had no idea there was anything remotely resembling rules/op-fu precedent for this. :smalltongue:

Kazyan
2012-12-29, 10:42 PM
I've got an NPC who makes things that are essentially like potions, except baked goods. He gave the PCs a biscotti of teleport (keyed to a specific location), and then two scones of locate person.

I had no idea there was anything remotely resembling rules/op-fu precedent for this. :smalltongue:

Complete Arcane has rules for alternative forms of potions, and fruits are one of them. Since it's a fluff piece, it's a very small step to bake cookies instead of enchant fruit.