PDA

View Full Version : Quick, need a wizard!

Metahuman1
2012-12-29, 09:26 PM
Ok, so, I have a session tomorrow, and a new player coming in who wants to play a minion master. After bouncing a couple of suggestions off him, he wants a Conjuration focused Wizard with Banned Necromancy and Enchantment. Other ideas he had were that he wanted a suit of armor that's alive and follows him around, talking smart in his voice and when ever that got it in trouble just point at his wizard and saying in a different voice "He did it!", and that he wants his wizard to carry a sword and use it to write mystic symbols in the air instead of making gestures or focusing on a staff, and to wear armor.

I suggested to him the stomatic weaponry feat, and play a grey elf and carry a sword with which the race is proficient. For the armor, cast an Illusion on yourself at the start of the day, and boom, your robes are armor, no mus no fuss. And for the suit, I suggested an Item Familiar of an animated suit of armor.

Now, here's the problem, he liked all that, and asked me to put something together for him, since he has no real knowledge of the game and just wants to play a couple of sessions to see if he'll like it. Thing is, I've run out of time do to some unexpected problems cropping up in my real life this week.

So, I need a quick, relatively simple build for a 9th level Grey elf wizard, let's assume a 30 point buy, that has the above characteristics, by about 4pm on Dec 30th. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Edit: I'm the DM, and Party is gonna have one wild card who is bringing a new character, probably a cleric of Moradin but I can't be sure, one Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamet, one catfolk ranger archer, one normal elf ranger who duel wields pistols, and one human bard. All about the same level. Standard WLB.

Urpriest
2012-12-30, 12:12 AM
You can't make an Item Familiar of an Animated Object, since they aren't items. There are various golems that are sort of like animated suits of armor, some of them may be sufficiently cheap.

For the armor, instead of an illusion consider (if this guy is going to be good-aligned) casting Luminous Armor from the Book of Exalted Deeds, for shiny armor with no armor check penalty castable by a wizard.

Crake
2012-12-30, 01:18 AM
Leadership and a warforged cohort can cover the golem/suit of armor or whatever that follows him around.

As you said, somatic weaponry covers the sword thing. Was he ok with the illusionary armor? If so, a hat of disguise can cover that nicely. That pretty much covers it then.

1st level feat can be whatever he wants, maybe eschew materials so he doesnt need to have a hand free for material components?
3rd level feat can be somatic weaponry
5th level bonus feat whatever
6th level feat can be leadership
and 9th level feat can be whatever

He comes into play with a 7th level warforged cohort of some kind, cheeky rogue maybe? Aside from that he just needs to pick spells and gear

Metahuman1
2012-12-30, 08:55 AM
Ok, those are helpful, anyone have any suggestions for spells for this guy?