PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf III: A new begining

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Alarra
2006-11-06, 01:54 PM
Alarra looks at the daggers and sighs, "I don't know what you think these are going to do, I agree with Selrahc that the daggers seem a bit pointless, merely a ploy that won't result in real trust....but if pricking yourself is the way to prove your innocence"...She holds out her hand and lets someone prick her finger.

And T.S. ..... when you say you can't believe we both 'came up with the thought that evnafets was a wolf at the same time'....I don't think you're quite looking at this the right way. Now, I can't speak for B-Man, but I can tell you why I voted for evnafets at the time I did. I found him to be the most suspicious person from his first post. I did not suddenly decide this right at the end of the day. I waited because I was hoping that some more concrete evidence would present itself before nightfall. When this failed to occur, I went with my initial instinct and voted for him. This decision had nothing to do with fullbladder at all.

Mik
2006-11-06, 02:30 PM
*Kyrian holds out a hand*

Go ahead....prick away. I agree with Alarra though, this is going to be pointless.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-06, 02:40 PM
*the llamurai watches the pricking with intrigue* "I'm not one hundred percent sure this will give us the conclusion we wish to reach, however, I am not one to question the customs of other cultures for too long have I endured the ridicule of others for the grand llama tradition of "The Fish Slapping Dance." If you wish me to be pricked with a silver dagger then I shall allow this." *He holds out a foreleg.*

Korith
2006-11-06, 02:50 PM
I can't help but think that this dagger thing is pointless....

I agree with Selrahc that the daggers seem a bit pointless

Go ahead....prick away. I agree with Alarra though, this is going to be pointless.

* Korith Sneezes *

Don't do that! I'm allergic to puns!

* Korith lines up for the pricky test *

B-Man
2006-11-06, 03:11 PM
I did not vote Evnafets to save Fullbladder yesterday. I was suspicious of Evnafets' lynching ready finger at the beginning. I am suspicious of Fullbladder, hell, I'm suspicious of everybody, but he isn't at the top of my list. I do, however, have suspicions of Korith. As I've said before, I don't feel very safe around him. B-Man sighs. But if my voting for Evnafets yesterday makes me suspicious, so be it. I cannot control people's suspicions.

B-Man gets in line to be pricked by the silver daggers. Go ahead and inflict as many stabs as you like.

Cain2005
2006-11-06, 03:18 PM
Cain looks at the dagger, and sighs, "if you think its needed," then go ahead.

*Cain holds out an arm to be pricked with the silver dagger.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2006-11-06, 04:12 PM
"Alright, Tharj, and everyone else. I can take a hint. I can melt these babies down tonight, make a nice hammer. I fear not Death. Lynch me. I dare you. You'll be down a vital goblinoid resource. I have a last will and testament."

Fullbladder drags one of his own dagger across his bare palm, letting the blood drip off in a ghastly way.

"I was prepared for the distrust of humanity. I shall wait in the shadow of the Gallows."

Tryue to his word, he moves off and sits down under the gallows, fully expecting to be lynched.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-06, 04:51 PM
*Ms Elaneous steps forward and picks up the dagger that Fullbladder gave to her. With a slight wince, she draws it over her palm and a little blood flows up from the wound. She then turns to DLD's sword and runs the other palm over it, inflicting a similar wound.* Either I'm not a werewolf or these aren't real silver or there really is no aversion of werewolves to silver! This is not going to help matters! I suggest we try to think of a better way to decide who is what instead of losing precious life's blood on this frivolity. *She sits down and begins to wrap her hands in herbal bandages to protect the wounds. She then motions for others that have already been pricked to come and let her wrap their wounds.*

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-06, 05:11 PM
Obvioulsy we know if we are villagers or wolves and the villagers don't know who the wolves are but do the wolves know who thier fellow wolves are? If so they would probably tend to vote together and thus we might see a pattern of two or more people voting similarly.

But it seems that this game will mostly be random finger pointing, and so goes my random finger a pointing... to... uh... I'll get back to you... (I might just end up rolling dice:))

2006-11-06, 05:37 PM
"Lynch me, Tharj. Throw the noose over my head. I won't take it personally," Fullbladder says from his position. "Better that I allow myself to be hanged than allow the wolves to take their pick. Accuse me, Tharj. Point your dwarven finger at the goblin offal sitting in the corner."

The Goblin watchs the throng of accusers and accusees, and removes his finger from Tharj and points to himself, Lord Fullbladder.

"Like the weak are to the strong."

Selrahc
2006-11-06, 05:47 PM
I was going to point at Tharj... but seeing the inexorable weight of Fullbladders imminent Lynch, I shall point at him too. Even if he has arroused no particular suspicions with me.

*Points at fullbladder*

Kantur
2006-11-06, 06:37 PM
Vote Summary so far.

Fullbladder (4)
----
Bookman
Alarra
Fullbladder
Selrahc

Tharj (5)
---
Raistlin
Destro
Korith
DLD
Tormsskull

Korith (1)
----
B-man

Kyrian/Ex-Rev (1)
---
Llama

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-06, 07:19 PM
Well that vote count is scary I'll be voting now

just out of curiosity (no other reason at all) how are ties handled?

Tharj points to Fullbladder

Kyrian
2006-11-06, 07:26 PM
Whoever reaches the number first gets lynched.

*Kyrian points at Fullbladder*

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-06, 07:43 PM
"As I am the one who brought up the issue about Fullbladders dagger being truly silver or not. I have come to the conclusion that I truly believe that they are for most of us have cut ourselves on them and not a single wound has seemed to regenerate."

He then walks over to near fullbaldder.

"This was not a test over who was a werewolf because villager or werewolf a silver blade would have the same effect the test that was truly going on here was whether fullbladder could be trusted and for now he has gained my trust. If these blades were not silver then those werewolves who cut themselves would have healed without much of a problem."

He then looks at those who so quickly jumped to vote for fullbladder.

"And maybe, just maybe those who were so quickly to jump to the conclusion of fullbladders guilt are those looking for someone else to blame for their hainess crime agaisnt this great village. Which leads me to belive..."

He pauses for a second...*Gnome_Barbarian points to Alarra

"is the werewolf...protecting herself by lynching innoncent villagers like fullbladder and evnafets. And if I wake up dead tomorrow you will all know why..."

Cain2005
2006-11-06, 07:57 PM
Kantar, you missed mine vote.

*Cain is still pionting at Fullbladder

evnafets
2006-11-06, 08:20 PM
Actually I have a slightly different count:
Tormsskull is pointing at Fullbladder, not Tharj (maybe it was an edit?)
Cain mentioned his already (though it was in black and easily missed)
I think Joosbawx is also pointing at Fullbladder

My counts (including the last few posts):

Alarra(1)
---
gnome_barbarian /Ace0584

Kyrian (1)
---
MaskedLlama

Fullbladder (9)
---
Alarra
Bookman
Cain
Kyrian
Joosbawx
Fullbladder
Selrahc
Tharj
Tormsskull

Korith(1)
---
B-Man

Tharj(4)
---
Destro Yersul
DLD
Korith
Raistiln

2006-11-06, 09:03 PM
Fullbladder gives a thumbs up.

"Knew I could count on you guys."

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-06, 09:28 PM
* Korith Sneezes *

Ah HA! Only werewolves have no sense of humour when it comes to puns. Now you shall face the pointed sword of Justice wolf. We'll see you hang.... but SHE won't......

Points at Korith

Bookman
2006-11-06, 09:31 PM
That is a rather flimsy plan Calas.......it seems just a random choice. Personally it seems downright suspicous. Perhaps a wolf protecting his brethren?

Ahhhhh the pokey test *pricks his arm*

Nothing to worry about here!

Though as many said it wouldn't be hard for a wolf to pretend.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-06, 09:55 PM
I don't suppose the whole thing with the knives really matters. I've cast my vote, and I ain't changin' it. Not much point, I can see where this is goin'. Destro picks up one of the daggers and draws the tip across his palm, once in each direction. Brings new meanin' to the phrase "cross my palms with silver" don't it?

TheChris
2006-11-06, 10:15 PM
"I will play along with this silly game...." says TheChris. He takes a dagger and cuts his hand. "I do have to say that this whole thing has been suspicious. Like Joosbawx, I have now changed my opinion of Fullbladder and while I have my doubts about others I am sure of my decision now."

*Points his still bleeding hand at Fullbladder

Gamerofthegame
2006-11-06, 11:11 PM
Using her small size, and general shady abilities, Kerigan here managed to get around from the knife pricking, althrough the odd eye might of noticed.

"Well... I dunno, He does seem most likely..."

*Kerigan points at Fullbladder

Plus, even if he isn't one of these Weredoodads and there are Werepuppies, they will get more reckless cause they think we are breaking... Or something like that.

veecher
2006-11-06, 11:34 PM
well im not convinced of fullbladders guilt. drawing blood doesnt seem to be working one way or the other towards a resolution. i think we should look at those of us who have been trying to fly under the radar in so far.

veecher points at deckmaster.

i dont remember ever electing him anyway.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-07, 03:15 AM
*** Jontom pricks all those who held out their arms to be pricked ***

Many have stated that they think this test proves nothing, but most have all pricked themselves or offered an arm to be pricked. Except for her!!!

Jontom points at Kerigan

The following are also on my list of suspicions for ignoring the test, however useful or useless it might be:

Gamerofthegame
Selrahc
Tormsskull
Korith
Calas / Eldritch Knight
Veecher

And for sneaking around trying not to be noticed while the rest of us discuss who we shall lynch, perhaps to avoid being pricked, I suspect:

Deckmaster
Lucky
Xylric
Tusserte
Smellie_hippie
Gezina
Raistlin
Dizpoziton
Moon

If I am killed by werewolves tonight, look for the people on this list first. For the reason the wolves might kill me is that they fear the test I devised and other tests I might devise.

Dispozition
2006-11-07, 03:19 AM
What? I haven't been sneaking around! I've just not accused anyone yet...We have to proof as to anyones guilt or innocence.

veecher
2006-11-07, 03:28 AM
youre pretty zeealous for the whole drawing blood with a blade we dont know to be silver. you wouldnt be hiding anything from us would you?

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-07, 04:18 AM
I believe I was the one that brought up the possibility of these daggers not being silver. Not you, Gnome Barbarian.

*DLD grins*

Hey, check this out!

*DLD lifts her sword and stabs herself through the stomach with it. She doesn't even flinch. She then pulls the sword out to reveal that she is unscathed*

It's pretty cool to be able to not get hurt by your own weapon!

Jontom Xire
2006-11-07, 05:41 AM
I just don't like making accusations based on sheer guesswork. We had nothing to go on until I made that suggestion. Once I made it we have a whole ream of of reactions to the suggestion that may give us some insight into who is a werewolf. Something to base suspicions on rather than pure guesswork. Several people have avoided the test while others have almost deliberately refused to take it.

I also have another idea. People have suggested that silver just prevents werewolves healing rapidly. So maybe we ought to get everyone to prick themselves with a steel blade and see who heals rapidly and who doesn't.

Gamerofthegame
2006-11-07, 06:49 AM
"I am not a werewolf! Silver just..." Kerigan looks down slightly, wiggling her fingers in her Warforged arm, "Messes... With my arm." She sighs at the end of this, seemily slightly embarrassed by it. "It messes up the magical link and therefore makes it fall limp for a bit, Ok? I am not a werewolf. Now go find people with a fur in their mouth or something."

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-07, 06:52 AM
*DLD turns to Kerigan*

I find your story hard to believe. I'm considering changing my vote to you, but I do not want to be one to jump to conclusions.

smellie_hippie
2006-11-07, 07:29 AM
((OOC Whoa! Guess what happens when you leave town for a few days with no internet! Sorry for not posting, voting, replying, writing, emailing or pointing everybody. I'm here now.))

"Alright... SOMEBODY put SOMETHING in my drink! (yay ramones) I was just midning my own business and POW... I'm out cold for days! NOW I hear that patrons from my lovely little tavern (can I be the barkeep? :smallamused:) are dying!? Did they pay their tab first?"

* Smellie_Hippie sees people pointing, and tries to take a moment to figure out what the heck is going on...

p.s. Ph, be out for part of today, but ready for more accusations tonight

Korith
2006-11-07, 07:37 AM
The following are also on my list of suspicions for ignoring the test, however useful or useless it might be:

Korith

I can't help but think that this dagger thing is pointless....

I agree with Selrahc that the daggers seem a bit pointless

* Korith Sneezes *

Yes, ignoring the test you say?

* Prick *

Yeooowch! Prick me, and I bleed...just like all of you.

* Korith nurses the stab wound, but does not hesitate to show it to those who ask *

Tormsskull
2006-11-07, 07:39 AM
"I find it quite foolish that using what you believe to be a silver dagger would reveal a werewolf. Think about it, if it were that easy, we could root the werewolves out of the village in an afternoon. I don't believe the werewolves are going to be so guillible as to refuse this "test" and show themselves as a possibility. In truth, I think it is most logical that a number of the werewolves would have jumped on the "prick my finger to prove I'm not a werewolf" idea.

Not to mention so many people said "This is silly, but ok." This shows that they know the test is foolish, but they lack the courage to stand up and refuse to take it. Trying to blend in with the rest of the villagers, just like a werewolf would do."

T.S. looks at the crowd, trying to determine who could be a werewolf.

((BtW, I never voted for Tharj. I have only voted once so far and it was against Lord Fullbladder, so no, it was not an edit.))

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-07, 07:43 AM
Well, it's a better way to pass the time than randomly accusing people without evidence, so I'm going with it.

InaVegt
2006-11-07, 08:38 AM
Gezina does the pionty pointless test before sharpening the blade of the guillotine.

Kantur
2006-11-07, 08:56 AM
((Wow...that's...odd. I honestly can't explain what happened to my counting/reading last night...Sorry.))

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-07, 09:27 AM
He stand on a box so that way he apears taller. He says as loudly as possible.

"WHat is it does everyone just think..oh hes just a gnome and a stupid barbarian at that? Does no one hear the words that come out of my mouth. For it is I who first felt as those daggers were not silver. In order to test Fullbladder and those of you who have taken the test have proven that they are in fact silver but no one wishes to quit the finger pointing at the blacksmith who has given us a means to defend ourselves agaisnt the werewolf menace."

Jontom Xire
2006-11-07, 10:21 AM
Umm, actually we haven't proven they are silver as a large number of people haven't taken the test. If those people are werewolves then we have not proven anything about the knives.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-07, 10:36 AM
I will take place in the voting today. I find it mighty suspicious that Deckmaster has not only handled the deaths so casually, but has also avoiding pricking himself. He has been accused before yet chooses to remain silent in the face of his accusers, perhaps hoping we'll forget or that if we don't talk about it, people won't be persuaded to point at him. I point my finger at Deckmaster! I urge those who feel the same to turn their fingers in his direction.

Selrahc
2006-11-07, 10:48 AM
I said that if someone wants to prick me with a silver blade then they can do so if it will put ther minds at rest, but that I believed it wouldn't help matters.

I fail to see how that constitutes suspicious behaviour.

(I would quote myself, but I have no idea how to copy/paste on this forum system)

Deckmaster
2006-11-07, 11:16 AM
"Sorry. I was just working on my golf game. What did I miss?"

*notices the fingers pointed at him.*

"How could you think me, your self-appointed mayor-for-life, could be a werewolf, when there's so many others that are more suspicious than me?"

*Deckmaster points at Fullbladder.

(OOC: I wasn't able to get to a computer on Sunday, and yesterday there were so many new posts I just decided to skip voting until today. Honest.)

Ink
2006-11-07, 01:11 PM
"Bah! Politicians", Ink snarls, giving Mayor Deckmaster the evil eye. "There are too many questionable characters in Ruhiger Dam, that's for sure. Still, I've had my finger on Fullbladder from the start, and my suspicions remain; I believe we lynched the wrong person yesterday, and poor ZombieRockStar paid the price. Well I certainly don't want that to happen again."

* Ink points at Lord Fullbladder

Weebl
2006-11-07, 01:40 PM
Fullbladder walks up to the gallows and sees all those watching him. A tear falls from his eye and he says to the watchers "I have no regrets on this. You will pay though. You will pay for being a harsh, cruel world. Avenge me!" He screams a goblin oath and stabs a silver dagger through his heart and falls to the ground dead in the setting sun.

Let the night begin!

Joosbawx
2006-11-07, 02:32 PM
Joosbawx watches the procession up to the gallows and is shocked by Fullbladder's display. Shaking his head with an expression equal parts disbelief and confusion, he doesn't seem to know what to make of the scene. After a moment as the body wranglers set to work, turns to leave. Putting around his cabin for awhile, he fusses over his garden in the waning light and watches what the rest of the town does before turning in himself. He leaves the fire on ward off the chill and sense of gloom that has settled over Ruhiger Dam.

Ink
2006-11-07, 03:31 PM
Finger pointing and mob lynching always makes Ink hungry. He goes to the tavern and orders a meat pie. Mmm... pie.

Gamerofthegame
2006-11-07, 03:46 PM
Kerigan mummers something angerily about this world knowing nothing of hers, And once again disappears into the shadows.

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-07, 04:18 PM
After watching Fullbladder he knows that tomorrow morning isnt gonna be very good...so he heads to his home and falls asleep for the night. Hoping he will once again see the light of day.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-07, 04:22 PM
*Ms Elaneous moves slowly back to her cottage.* What will become of us?

2006-11-07, 04:38 PM
(Nice show. Damn mind-reading narrators.)

Weebl
2006-11-07, 05:02 PM
((Nice Weebl and Bob quote Ink. And I try my best Fullbladder))

Kantur
2006-11-07, 05:17 PM
(Nice show. Damn mind-reading narrators.)

((It is quite entertaining on this side of the narrator's chair...))

Korith
2006-11-07, 05:38 PM
((I assume you're enjoying it. Lots of fun knowing what we don't, isn't it...?

*mutter*

))

smellie_hippie
2006-11-07, 05:49 PM
Finger pointing and mob lynching always makes Ink hungry. He goes to the tavern and orders a meat pie. Mmm... pie.

Step right up Ink! It's a chilly night outside, and the lurkers abound! Tonight we're running a special. Meat pies, steamed carrots, fresh bread and ale... served on a silver platter. This is dedicated to all those who survive the evening. Everyone is welcome!!
:elan:

Raistlin1040
2006-11-07, 05:52 PM
(Isn't it day now?.)

Kantur
2006-11-07, 06:23 PM
(The night isn't even 5 hours old yet...)

2006-11-07, 06:32 PM
Throughout the night, the loud clangs of metal and metal ring from within the Smithy. The fire within the forge flares, and the bellows work themselves. A sword is even being beaten between the hammer and the anvil. But there is no being to be seen or heard from within the building.

(had to. Just had to do something.)

Cain2005
2006-11-07, 06:51 PM
Cain sits in his office, reading over the reports again.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-07, 07:47 PM
Oooh meat pie...

Instead of all retreating to our own homes we should instead all sleep in the town hall thus providing each other with protection and witnessing each others movements.

That's where I'll be sleeping tonight, all are welcome and encouraged to join me.

Tussy the Druid
2006-11-07, 09:02 PM
((Geez, you guys go so fast))

Hmmmm... while this jail cell is comfortable. Could i be released now? I think i've served my sentence. As to who to point at.... Since this is paranoia, time to be a little paranoid. 1) Tharj, you're a tree hater. That already makes me not like you. 2) You were pointed at a lot last round (due to some suspcion). Number one really has nothing to do with anything, but i just wanted to point that out. So, back to the point. Because you had so many people pointed towards you, there must have been a good reason. So.

*Tussy the druid points at Tharj Treesmiter* (or whatever that random coded name of his is) Just noticed I missed the deadline.

Ink
2006-11-07, 09:12 PM
((psst! Tussy, it's night time. Time for all villagers to go to bed after a long hard day of finger pointing, and time for the werewolves to come out and play. *howling noises in the background*))

veecher
2006-11-07, 09:47 PM
well i wish i could say that ill sleep better tonight knowing that hes dead, but i really wont. i think i know who to point at in the morning.

Dispozition
2006-11-08, 02:55 AM
((You know...That knife pricking excersise was pointless you know...The werewolves are really just gonna go..."Owwwww...That hurt so much...Gargh...It burns..." IC...I mean...Really?))

*Dis shakes his head, sure that another innocent villager was just killed and walks back to his house, near the outskirts*

Jontom Xire
2006-11-08, 03:41 AM
I totally agree with Tharj. If we sleep in the same room it will be much harder for the wolves to kill one of us without being spotted and identified.

*** Jontom goes to join Tharj in the town hall ***

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-08, 06:09 AM
*DLD re-straps her sword and wanders into the tavern to buy some drinks before going to the town hall. She shares them with Jontom and Tharj*

Jontom Xire
2006-11-08, 07:38 AM
Cheers, DLD. I'll get the next round.

*** Jontom enjoys his drink. ***

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-08, 07:48 AM
*DLD looks out of the windows nervously, then sits down and wraps her arms around her legs*

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-08, 08:43 AM
((OOC the knife pointing thing wouldnt neccessarily point out who the werewolves jsut if they were silver or not. If they are silver the werewolves would be affected just like a villager meaning they were really if no one healed quickly from it))

Selrahc
2006-11-08, 09:18 AM
I would join you in the town hall, but if I do that the prisoners might escape, and who knows what would happen to those poor little mites in the big scary world out there.:smallwink:

Weebl
2006-11-08, 02:51 PM
The morning arrves and everyone sees outside the mangled body of Jotom Xire. They see that the werewolf/werewolves are still at large and are raging for blood.

Let the Lynching... are whatever just hang someone.

Gamerofthegame
2006-11-08, 02:52 PM
((Wait...

Two things, Ace has a point. Good show ace. Two, ... Does anyone else find this quote reeking of stupidity? (No offence to ye) "If we sleep in the same room it will be much harder for the wolves to kill one of us without being spotted and identified."

... Won't the weres just... You know... Kill all of you?))

Korith
2006-11-08, 03:04 PM
Hmm....interesting point.

Tharj, I really don't see your case improving any. Once again * Korith points at Tharj *. If you're not a werewolf, I implore you to make your point.

Selrahc
2006-11-08, 03:54 PM
Tharj, my suspicion of you is also great.

I too shall point the noose to you.

*Points at Tharj*

Raistlin1040
2006-11-08, 04:14 PM
Raistlin points at Tharj. "You have been very suspicious. Prove you aren't a werewolf"

Tormsskull
2006-11-08, 04:28 PM
"Anyone else find it odd that Jontom complied a list, and then said that if he was killed that list should be looked at first. Almost like he knew he was going to be killed. Is it possible that the werewolves are trying to get us to utilize the list? Are the wolves smart enough to have sacrificed one of their own in order to force our hands?"

T.S. glances around. "We must all stick with our first instincts, and so I'll point my finger at..."

Tormsskull points at B-man.

B-Man
2006-11-08, 04:37 PM
B-Man notices TS pointing at him.

*sigh* If you truly believe that I'm a werewolf, go ahead and point at me. I won't stop you. I, however, would like to root out the real werewolves. I have seen many things in my life, and this paranoia is getting to everyone.

He then notices that a group of people are pointing to Tharj.

I'm suspicious of Tharj, but I'm not entirely sure if he is a werewolf. B-Man then turns to Korith. You, however, I am highly untrusting of you.

* B-Man points at Korith.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-08, 04:55 PM
Ok what do you need me to do to convince you all I'm not a werewolf?

I suggested we all sleep in the same place thus we can keep an eye on each other, if I were a wolf I would never have suggested that.

I [walk to the town jail] and volunteer to be locked in jail for the rest of the day and the night.

I think the wolf/wolves are the ones staying nice and quite, not making a fuss or getting noticed.

Tharj points at Korith

PS. if you didn't already know my TreeSmiter personallity is satirical not serious.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-08, 10:09 PM
Destro gets his shovel out and continues to dig graves. If you ask me, this whole thing is highly suspicious. Why make a list of who avoided the test? For all we know the test was pretty useless, and the compiling of the names of those who avoided it wouldn't serve much purpose except as a diversion. I agree that the wolves could have thought of this, but without more information I'm going to have to stick to my original suspicions.
*Destro points at Tharj

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-09, 12:59 AM
He goes about the begining of his day like he has been. Getting the dead body ready to be buried. After that is done he goes with everyone.

"If Jontoms list wasn't so large then we might actually have a group of people who could possibly be werewolves right there. I mean he blamed like half the village. For now Im not sure who to vote for... Ill just have to watch and see how everyone else is acting."

Alarra
2006-11-09, 01:47 AM
Alarra comes out and looks completely shocked to see Jontom Xire's remains. She turns to Tharj, "I'm glad I decided not to trust you and take you up on your offer of spending the night in the town hall....What was it? A clever ploy to draw unsuspecting villagers near you in the night so you could more easily kill them?"

*Alarra points at Tharj

veecher
2006-11-09, 03:20 AM
well crap. i was going to point at jontom today but it looks like someone beat me to the punch. sorry for suspecting you, buddy.

veecher points at tharj. it was your idea that cost jontom his life. now i hold you responisble for the plague of our town!

Dispozition
2006-11-09, 03:28 AM
((Hmmm...The werewolves are smart this time round...))

*Dis walks out to he square and see's quite a few pointing at Tharj. He then walks over to Jontom and looks over his corpse*

"Werewolves all right...But why all point at Tharj? Isn't it obvious that the wolves want you to think that it was him...This is why you never invite people around to you house...I will not point to anyone before I give them a chance to explain their lack of thought..."

Ink
2006-11-09, 03:45 AM
"Well hang on a minute. Doesn't anyone remember what Jontom said before he died?"

And for sneaking around trying not to be noticed while the rest of us discuss who we shall lynch, perhaps to avoid being pricked, I suspect:

Deckmaster
Lucky
Xylric
Tusserte
Smellie_hippie
Gezina
Raistlin
Dizpoziton
Moon

If I am killed by werewolves tonight, look for the people on this list first. For the reason the wolves might kill me is that they fear the test I devised and other tests I might devise.

"The werewolves knew that we would all naturally pin the blame on Tharj because he happened to be in the town hall last night. I for one think that the reason they went after Jontom was because he was on to something. There must be werewolves on that list."

"Well well, look who's first on the list..."

* Ink raises a finger and points at Deckmaster

InaVegt
2006-11-09, 05:00 AM
Ink, some of us just don't post every single day, I in fact pricked myself after that particular statement.

Dispozition
2006-11-09, 05:05 AM
Gez has a point...I, however, post everyday, I just haven't pointed at anyone yet...I like to be sure that I'm right...Let's just put it down to me being a perfectonist...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-09, 05:06 AM
You are low on that list Gezina, and I would like to see what deckmaster has to say about why he is so far up on that list...

*Death points to Deckmaster

The killing of Jontom Xire seems to indicate that the list may have some validity, since we know it must have been written by a werewolf, unless they are willing to sarcrifice a player?

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-09, 06:13 AM
((DLD looks like she is going to need some anger management this round. Heh.))

*DLD wakes up and looks outside from her position on the town hall's rafters. The first thing she sees is Jontom's very dead and mangled corpse*

Wha... what? HOW?!

*She spreads her wings and glides downward, making a clumsy landing and falling over. She then gets up and glares at everyone, furious at the loss of another villager*

Why, you little...!

*DLD turns to Tharj, wings raised threatingly and teeth and claws bared. She looks as if she wants to strike him down there and then, but it is at that moment that the words of the others come to mind*

Maybe...

*DLD stops what she is doing and starts muttering to herself*

It's possible that the wolves picked their target to get us to turn on Tharj. But at the same time, it's possible that he could be a wolf and that they are trying to protect him. I shal refrain from pointing fingers... for now...

smellie_hippie
2006-11-09, 07:02 AM

Deckmaster
Lucky
Xylric
Tusserte
Smellie_hippie
Gezina
Raistlin
Dizpoziton
Moon

Ok, so there's Jontom's list... for whatever good it will do. I also see that I am on that list. Please notice the following quote.

((OOC Whoa! Guess what happens when you leave town for a few days with no internet! Sorry for not posting, voting, replying, writing, emailing or pointing everybody. I'm here now.))

Does that mean I never submitted to the stabbity test? yes.

Ink, some of us just don't post every single day, I in fact pricked myself after that particular statement.
Thank you. I still have no suspicions at this point, but that is largely due to the fact that people have not been posting enough for me to delve into their personalities. I, like Dizposition, will hold my accusations until there is more definitive proof. I just hope I don't die in the process.

Lucky
2006-11-09, 07:41 AM
The mysterious man speaks up to the crowd. That list, may I just say, is utter bogus. It's too early in the month to have a viable list of suspected werewolves composed already. There may indeed be some werewolves on that list, but honestly, just use your head:

If that list had too many wolves on it, do you think the wolves would have killed Jontom? That would have caused them to follo the list and hunt the wolves down. No, it's much more likely that seeing as little or no wolves were on the list, they thought they could get everyone to follow the list by killing Jontom.

Deckmaster
2006-11-09, 09:52 AM
You are low on that list Gezina, and I would like to see what deckmaster has to say about why he is so far up on that list...

*Death points to Deckmaster

The killing of Jontom Xire seems to indicate that the list may have some validity, since we know it must have been written by a werewolf, unless they are willing to sarcrifice a player?

Well, I don't know. Maybe Jontom had a thing against politicians.

I don't post every day and only feel a need to post to defend myself and others that I suspect not to be werewolves, and to accuse others who have my "wolf-dar" going off. I didn't submit to the silver dagger test because I suspected it was a trick by Fullbladder, who had my "wolf-dar" going off majorly. Remember he was the one who passed around the daggers?

Anyway, I don't think Tharj is a werewolf. In my opinion it was either Fullbladder was a wolf or Tharj was a wolf, although I suppose it might be possible that either they were both wolves or neither were wolves.

I just confused myself.

Either way, I'm going with someone else that has been pointed to.

*Deckmaster points at B-Man

Korith
2006-11-09, 10:02 AM
((Hmmm...The werewolves are smart this time round...))

*Dis walks out to he square and see's quite a few pointing at Tharj. He then walks over to Jontom and looks over his corpse*

"Werewolves all right...But why all point at Tharj? Isn't it obvious that the wolves want you to think that it was him...This is why you never invite people around to you house...I will not point to anyone before I give them a chance to explain their lack of thought..."

Deckmaster
Lucky
Xylric
Tusserte
Smellie_hippie
Gezina
Raistlin
Dizpoziton
Moon

I may have to agree with Dis...aside from Tharj (who, I admit, may be too easy to pin on. It's too easy to stick with first-day thinking sometimes), there don't seem to be any obvious wolves. If I were a wolf and wanted to secure the village, I'd be inclined to jump at an opportunity such as this list. We know from the people of Tymanius that the lists of the dead can carry great weight in decisions.

So, I'm thinking that for now we should ignore the list. It's too easy. Tharj is likewise too easy, as his case bears incredible resemblance to Tymanius v Sneak (sure, he didn't "say" he was a wolf, but his suspicious actions may well have been incited out of either panic or deranged amusement.)

So, trying to play the wolves game against them, I'm going to skip over this list, and over Tharj, and move into a mid-game move that should help turn the tides of battle...

Selrahc, you were quick to second my accusation of Tharj at first and today. Your vote yesterday helped bring Fullbladder to his death. It seems to me that you, "friend" have been a wolf dancing in my very shadow.

Korith lowers his finger from Tharj and raises accusation against Selrahc

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-09, 12:18 PM
Regardless of what happens in this game I think the werewolf game itself needs some changes, in particular a GM to run the game. As it is right now we can't really "do" anything like sleep in the same building, or prick ourselves with silver or follow anybody, or anything else. All we can base it on is voting (which is basically random).

The GM could resolve what happens when people are stuck with silver or non-silver or when one person is attacked in a room with others. It would make it more like a play by post but then there would be more to the game... just a sugestion.

I've tried and tried to convince that not a werewolf but you've all decided despite any evidence. So I'll be waiting in the town jail for you decision.

Cain2005
2006-11-09, 12:20 PM
Cain looks at the bloodly mess on the ground, and shakes his head, he stands up and looks around at anyone.

*Looks like another bandwagon moment*
*Cain points at Deckmaster

(OOC: I am still working out how to change the color font, so I am making the post bigger so it can be counted.)

Korith
2006-11-09, 12:24 PM
(( To make the color red, just use
###THE STUFF YOU SAY###
###THE STUFF YOU SAY###
Alternatively, you can use other predefined colours or mix your own with:
##THE STUFF YOU SAY###
###THE STUFF YOU SAY###
RR, GG and BB are two-digit hexidecimal code. FF being the highest value and 00 being the lowest. Hexidecimal is just like the usual decimal, except that you have that A-F range on top of 0-9. ))

evnafets
2006-11-09, 02:47 PM
Additionally if you look to the top of this page, on the menu

- select "UserCP"
- from the "Settings and Options" menu on the left choose "Edit Options"
- scroll to the bottom of the page - the last control lets you choose whether you get the basic or the enhanced editor. Going with the enhanced one lets you choose your font colour on the click of a button.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-09, 05:18 PM
"Anyone else find it odd that Jontom complied a list, and then said that if he was killed that list should be looked at first. Almost like he knew he was going to be killed. Is it possible that the werewolves are trying to get us to utilize the list? Are the wolves smart enough to have sacrificed one of their own in order to force our hands?"

True, true. But perhaps they knew that we'd think that. And so they really did put themselves on the list. Oy, this makes my head hurt. Either that or the herbal fumes... *Ms E contemplates this for a moment.* Even with these doubts, I am forced to agree that I am suspicious of Deckmaster, as I was last time. Deckmaster, defend ye self!

Bookman
2006-11-09, 06:39 PM
Regardless of what happens in this game I think the werewolf game itself needs some changes, in particular a GM to run the game. As it is right now we can't really "do" anything like sleep in the same building, or prick ourselves with silver or follow anybody, or anything else. All we can base it on is voting (which is basically random).

The GM could resolve what happens when people are stuck with silver or non-silver or when one person is attacked in a room with others. It would make it more like a play by post but then there would be more to the game... just a sugestion.

I've tried and tried to convince that not a werewolf but you've all decided despite any evidence. So I'll be waiting in the town jail for you decision.
((Tharj the purpose of this game is to track the psychological patterns of your opponents. There are various "special roles" that help you go further. A GM wouldn't work for this sort of game really. I suppose you *could* run a game like that but I think it'd get almost needlessly complicated.))

This decision pains me as I know not who to sentence to death. I feel that Jontom was killed for a reason. The wolves knowing we would dismiss his list if he died tonight possibly means Jontom was on the right track. It'd be a very clever double ploy.

Bookman points at Deckmaster

smellie_hippie
2006-11-09, 08:01 PM
I have to say, at this point, that I feel the guilty party is neither Tharj nor Deckmaster. Tharj would be too convenient a target since he was so near Jontom when he was killed. Deckmaster on the otherhand, has shown little or no evidence that he has either bandwagonned or pointed randomly.

Lucky
2006-11-09, 08:15 PM
This decision pains me as I know not who to sentence to death. I feel that Jontom was killed for a reason. The wolves knowing we would dismiss his list if he died tonight possibly means Jontom was on the right track. It'd be a very clever double ploy.

Bookman points at Deckmaster

On the right track!? On the right track!? May I re-explain to you the reasoning behind that list? Simple, who ever refused to respond to his foolish test is on that list. Why? Because he thinks poking a werewolf with a silver dagger will prove him a werewolf. Wrong, poking a werewolf with a normal dagger will prove him a werewolf, as he will not be harmed, but a werewolf is just as vulnerable to silver as normal people, hence why I chose to ignore the foolish test. The man is quite indignant.

Now, avoiding an uneffective test is a hangable sin now? I refuse to believe this town is that foolish. The people have to know better than that. I'm not ruling out the people on that list, but I must point out once more just what "logic" was used for that list.

Now, as for my own suspicions...

*The man points at Selrahc

Tussy the Druid
2006-11-09, 10:47 PM
Hmmmmm.... I think i'll point at me? Nah.

*points at tharj*

Joosbawx
2006-11-10, 12:41 AM
Joosbawx doesn't come out of his house at all for the lion's share of the morning, and then tends to his garden as he listens to the finger pointing and arguements flying around town. Standing after a couple of hours, he dusts off his hands and then walks over to say his own piece.

"I think the lot of you putting any faith into Jontom's list either think you're dealing with a lot of fools instead of a lot of werewolves. The only reason to kill Jontom after he's made a statement like that is to be misleading."

Holding up two fingers, Joosbawx explains his point of view.

"As I see it, there are only two sensible reasons taht Jontom was killed after making a statement like that:

"One - The wolves either killed him because he was onto them. However, unless I'm giving them too much credit, why lend credibility to his statement by making him a martyr?

"Two - and more likely in my opinion, the wolves are banking on the fact that we would take the bait, and while he may have had one or two wolves on there by sheer luck, I think that we'd be foolish to follow his checklist word for word."

Shrugging, Joosbawx pockets his hands as he scans the crowd and anyone standing about listening.

"For my two cents, I don't put any credibility into that list because its too early to tell anything based off of any suspicions yet. Not anything useful, anyway. I think the wolves saw a tool and decided to use it, and if you start using it as a laundry list, then I think you're going to damn us all.

"But for my vote, I haven't decided yet...but I will soon."

Joosbawx shrugs again, and waits for a bit to see if anyone has anything to add.

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-10, 12:48 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure who it could possibly be. Perhaps there might be some questions we can ask.

1. Who have the deceased pointed at
2. What motives might there be for the killings
3. Who has acted the most suspiciously

Anyone else got questions they think might help narrow it down?

Dispozition
2006-11-10, 01:31 AM
"I'm with Deckmaster on this one...I don't think that Tharj is a werewolf...And I also think that the wolves want dissension among us...I will point at Korith...He was the first to point this morning...I think that he's trying to lead us to lynch Tharj when he's innocent."

*Dis points at Korith

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 01:55 AM
You know, all this talk has got me thinking. Destro finishes digging a ninth grave. We really don't have enough evidence to lynch Tharj just yet. I'm going to withdraw my vote for now, but I'll be watching. Second, I'm glad someone agrees with me on the list thing. It's not much, about half the town is on there, and it was based on a shaky test. I'm not going to point at anyone until I get more evidence. He takes out a kumquat and munches on it.
*Destro removes his finger from Tharj, and doesn't point at anyone.

veecher
2006-11-10, 02:41 AM
even if tharj isnt a wolf, im holding him responsible for jontoms death. for justice if not security.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-10, 03:37 AM

I second this. I feel steam-rollered by the rules. If there were any reality to the game then either Tharj and/or DLD would have to be wolves since the wolves couldn't have snuck in and taken me out without a fight and them waking up. However the rules say that the wolves pick their victim, and even if he flew to a secret hiding place where no wolf could track him because there's no groundscent to track by, (s)he still dies because that's what the rules say happens. As such the fact I died in the town hall means no conclusion can be drawn about Tharj and DLD from my death. Which frankly sucks.

To add to this there is no option for searching for tracks or anything else that might be any sort of evidence. We are probably all RPGers here, and I think we all know how important a little lateral thought is to achieving a goal. We've all played games where the GM set up one solution to overcoming an enemy or obstacle but we couldn't figure out the "proper" way and by using lateral thought and ingenuity overcame the problem anyway. I'd like to propose starting an RPG using D&D rules for spot checks etc. and level one characters. But I can't run it - I don't have any rulebooks or enough time.

And since I hate being mis-quoted I'd just like to point out that if you check there were TWO lists. One of people who actively refused the test and the second that everyone is quoting of people who just seemed to be being a bit quiet and inactive, possibly to avoid notice.

It's really frustrating being killed. I had two really strong but mutually opposite theories that would have conclusively proved at least two wolves each and now I'm dead I can't even say what they are let alone help find out which one is correct :(

Ares
2006-11-10, 06:47 AM
Well, I think the most annoying thing is in the lynching. Sure, it's a paranoia game, but wouldn't we know if we lynched a villager or werewolf after we lynched them??

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-10, 08:59 AM
...I think you answered your own question. I have no idea who to point at though!

Joosbawx
2006-11-10, 09:16 AM
Listens to the others, being very quiet and looking thoughtful. After awhile he speaks up again.

"I believe the most likely vote right now is for Korith...and while I count him among my friends, I have to do what is best for the village."

Joosbawx raises his finger and ponts at Korith.

Korith
2006-11-10, 09:19 AM
Korith lowers his finger from Tharj and raises accusation against Selrahc

"I'm with Deckmaster on this one...I don't think that Tharj is a werewolf...And I also think that the wolves want dissension among us...I will point at Korith...He was the first to point this morning...I think that he's trying to lead us to lynch Tharj when he's innocent."

*Dis points at Korith

Perhaps it went unnoticed, but I had an earlier change of heart with regards to Tharj. If my choice of Tharj is your reason for my accusation, then I ask that you reconsider your selection. If instead you have decided that you need me out of the way, I ask that the village take note of this moment.

Now please excuse me while I prepare my last will and testament. I may be needing it.

Kantur
2006-11-10, 10:19 AM
Well, I think the most annoying thing is in the lynching. Sure, it's a paranoia game, but wouldn't we know if we lynched a villager or werewolf after we lynched them??

Not if we use D&D Werewolves...
From the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm):
"Special Qualities
A lycanthrope retains all the special qualities of the base creature and the base animal, and also gains those described below.
Alternate Form (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#alternateForm) (Su (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#supernaturalAbilities))

A lycanthrope can assume the form of a specific animal (as indicated in its entry).
Changing to or from animal or hybrid form is a standard action (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#standardActions).
A slain lycanthrope reverts to its humanoid form, although it remains dead (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#dead)."

TheChris
2006-11-10, 10:44 AM
TheChris comes out of his shop, smoking a pipe, and listens to everyone's accusations. "Yes, yes. Tharj is too easy of a suspect. And the silver dagger test was useless. But list or no, the idea of looking at the quieter people is a good one. And politicians are untrustworthy anyway."

* TheChris points at Deckmaster

Selrahc
2006-11-10, 11:37 AM
I'm being pointed at? And its because I voted the same way as the accuser? Huh.

1st day, pointed at Tharj for the same reason you did. Directly after he did it.

2nd day, pointed at fullbladder because he had resigned himself to death.

3rd day, went back to pointing at Tharj(As I was intending to do before Fullbladder resigned himself to his fate and pointed at himself), did so as soon as I logged in in the morning. The fact that you had voted before me was of no consequence, since we were the first two people to vote

You think accusing someone after you do is odd? Because I really don't see how it is in this circumstance....

Deckmaster
2006-11-10, 11:48 AM
I can't convince you I'm not a werewolf if you think I am. Just one question...have I done anything that makes you think I'm a wolf? Have I played this game any differently than I did in the last game, when I was a villager? I think that how you played in the past games is a very important factor in determining your role.

If you lynch me, I'll gladly go, but I'd think you'd better be damn sure I'm a wolf or you might regret it.

Sorry if that's sounds angry, but I don't think I've done anything that deserves a lynching. Impeachment, maybe, but not a lynching.

Korith
2006-11-10, 12:04 PM
I'm being pointed at? And its because I voted the same way as the accuser? Huh.

1st day, pointed at Tharj for the same reason you did. Directly after he did it.

2nd day, pointed at fullbladder because he had resigned himself to death.

3rd day, went back to pointing at Tharj(As I was intending to do before Fullbladder resigned himself to his fate and pointed at himself), did so as soon as I logged in in the morning. The fact that you had voted before me was of no consequence, since we were the first two people to vote

You think accusing someone after you do is odd? Because I really don't see how it is in this circumstance....

My thoughts on this are fairly simple - the easiest wolf strategy is to encourage the moves that are already in play. Doing so allows a wolf to remain transparent, and even develops trust with the villagers.

As I've come to believe that Tharj is not so likely a wolf as he seemed before, I noticed that your supporting my notions seemed entirely too convenient. I've been bold, making early moves thusfar and overstating my opinion (which I have recently taken back). I'm glad that no harm has yet come of my votes and ask those who have listened to my ideas thusfar to leave Tharj as he is and seek the wolves elsewhere.

Perhaps, Selrahc, if you share with us your thoughts on who else might be a wolf I could determine if you really are playing the shadow game.

2006-11-10, 02:24 PM
(Fact: I never resign myself to my fate. I resign myself to Final Boss rules.)

Kantur
2006-11-10, 02:26 PM
The sun sets once more and another is led to shuffle off this mortal coil...

But who's the lucky peron this time?

Thraj?
Korith?
Selrahc?

All voted for as the day came to a close, but no. Deckmaster is led to the hangman's noose by the mob, the rope pulled taut about his neck as he stands on the chair. Suddenly, without warning, the back of the chair's yanked hard off the back of the platform, leaving poor Deckmaster with only one choice, to fall, the snap of his neck audible to the silent yet fanatical crowd. When it's obvious he'll breath no more, the villagers look about each other, daring to ask if it's over...They retreat to their homes, hoping that the dawn bring no more ill fortune and that Deckmaster's death has ended this death and fear in the town.

The night begins! You all know the drill :smallwink:

Joosbawx
2006-11-10, 04:04 PM
Joosbawx watches the proceedings with the others, his expression grim and somber. Helping the others, he assists to lay Deckmasters body to rest, leaving a small bouquet of flowers and herbs on his grave before going to tend to his garden again while the village shuts itself down and locks itself tight for the night. Occassionally he glances up from his gardening to glance about as though looking for someone.

Eventually he stands, dusting off his hands, and goes into his home, lockign the door behind him. The fire is stoked and the lamps lit before he settles back with the kettle on the stove and a pipe held absent-mindedly as he settles in to read. It seems as though Joosbawx is either waiting for someone, or intends to wait out the night.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-10, 05:17 PM
Phew, yet another night. Perhaps it will be a little safer now. Or perhaps we have only weakened our numbers... nonetheless, we must endure as long as we can. *Ms E notices the lights on at Joosbaw's home. After a few moments hesitation, she knocks tentatively on the door.* Joosbaw, it's me, Ms Elaneous. Are you ok? May I come in?

Joosbawx
2006-11-10, 07:49 PM
Starting a bit at the knock on the door, Joosbawx gets up and peeps out of the shutters before opening the door with a greeting smile.

"Evening, Ms. Elaneous. I'm fine, and you?"

With a welcoming motion, he offers her to come in, stepping aside politely should she choose to do so.

"Care for a cuppa? I've put the kettle on. I was just sitting up tonight to see if I could see anything worthwhile. Someone's got to get some hard evidence against these wolves, you know."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 08:05 PM
Destro continues to dig graves outside. He's got about nine waiting now, just in case. A couple kumquats fall out of his pocket and land in one of the already dug graves, but it's too dark for him to notice them. Wish I had evidence against the wolves. Damn I hate uncertainty.

Dispozition
2006-11-10, 08:50 PM
*Dis swears when he see's Deckmaster hanging from the rope*

"He wasn't a werewolf...Oh well..."

*Dis walks back to his house near the outskirts*

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-10, 10:29 PM
*DLD looks at the crowd, thinking her own thoughts. She goes into her house and and falls into a troubled sleep*

Alarra
2006-11-11, 12:32 AM
Alarra shakes her head in sadness and goes back inside her house, locking the door 12 times and sitting in fear and certainty that there are still wolves about.

Weebl
2006-11-11, 03:02 AM
((Sorry for not updating earlier. Loads of revion turns out.))

Kantur
2006-11-11, 03:45 PM
Dawn breaks and the villagers gather in the town square to once more ee who's still there. The village resigter is quick this morning, stopping at B-Man, who isn't present. The villagers head towards his house to find the back door off the hinges and the house a mess. At the entrance to his bedroom, some blood is present on the carpet and inside...well, he lies dead. In more than one piece. Either it's a horrible suicide or the threat isn't gone...

Who was it?
How many are there?
Who's left to help the village?
Was anyone lynched a wolf?
Is that Tusserte's real hair?

Only time will tell...

Let a new day begin.

Lucky
2006-11-11, 04:02 PM
Another one bites the dust... The man shakes his head. So, I suppose you want to continue that stupid list of yours? Who's next? He reviews the list. Oh... I see how this is... Darn...

Well, before you lynch me, I ask all of you to think sensibly. Just know, if you follow this list down, you will lose without a doubt. You will have robbed the town of many citizens, and the wolves will be close to outnumbering you as you lose a person every night. There are 8 people on the list, are you all prepared to lose 16 citizens? I wouldn't be, but it seems this town likes having their population dismembered by beasts. What if I offered my own list? Would you blindly follow that one? Well here's one for the masses...

Cain
Bookman
Ink
Death
Ms Elaneous
TheChris

Every person who was foolish enough to follow the last list, but can we confirm that it was only foolishness? Could it not be the wolves were leading the charge against Deckmaster? I say yes, and offer my vote.

*Points at Cain

Kyrian
2006-11-11, 04:17 PM
Lucky, you show no concrete proof as to why we should follow your list. Alas, no concrete proof was really shown as to why people were/are following the previous list. I shall not vote until more concrete proof is shown.

Lucky
2006-11-11, 04:23 PM
Finally, some common sense from this town, that has to be a first. I must admit all I was trying do was prove the stupidity behind following random lists, as ANYONE can make a list and say "follow it if *blank* happens." But my vote stands, for now.

Raistlin1040
2006-11-11, 04:43 PM
Raistlin suspiciously looks a Tormsskull "You tried to get us to lynch B-man. The only person who followed you was Deckmaster and he's dead. Therefor I can only concur that you are a werewolf." *points at tormsskull

Bookman
2006-11-11, 05:11 PM
Lucky has a point....maybe it isn't that list. I do trust Lucky though.

I think I need to hear some arguements before I cast my ballot

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-11, 05:15 PM
*Ms Elaneous steps out of Joosbawx's home into the midst of the crowd. She looks somewhat more well-rested.*Well, Lucky, you know I've been suspicious of Deckmaster from the beginning, list or no list. Now is when I am not sure of who to accuse. But whatever.

*Ms E then notices the body of B-man being taken for burial. Her eyes open wider in slight shock.* Not another one... alas, poor B-man... he made the best coffee. And I don't even like coffee. *Ms E places some sweet-smelling dried herbal flowers on his corpse as a way of saying farewell.*

Alarra
2006-11-11, 06:13 PM
Alarra comes outside and looks at the poor remains of B-Man with sadness.
"We have to do something. Things are getting out of hand and we have no leads and no proof. I agree with Lucky. These random lists have little to no merit. I do not know who to suspect right now. But Raistlin at least has a suspician based on something concrete."

TheChris
2006-11-11, 08:59 PM
Removing the cigar from his mouth, TheChris looks straight at Kyrian, "That's a very interesting sentiment Kyrian. Nothing like sitting back and just letting things happen. I for one will not do that. And while I feel I have been mistaken in the past, your actions and your silence are unmistakable to me now."

*TheChris points at Kyrian

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-11, 09:03 PM
You know, I agree about Tormskull. It's near certain that B-man wasn't a werewolf, and so anyone who voted for him earlier should be suspect. I'm going to cast my vote on that, and hope my suspicions are right.
*Destro points at Tormskull.

Lucky
2006-11-11, 11:57 PM
I'm not convinced on either Tormskull or Kyrian... Though I must admit I don't think the arguement for Tormskull is too valid. We do not know that Deckmaster is a wolf, and I highly doubt he was, as you well know what I think of the list. But is Tormsskull not on he list as well? He is indeed. Tormsskull is not a werewolf, but someone must be lynched.

*Points at Kyrian

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-12, 12:07 AM
Hm... Surprising. Sad, but surprising. Both arguments are convincing, but I feel that I cannot vote right now.

Dispozition
2006-11-12, 12:43 AM
I'm with Lucky and TheChris. Kyrian has be rather quite, while Tormsskull has been talking. And as for making you lynch B-Man. No one made you lynch him. You did it out of your will.

* Dis points at Kyrian

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 01:38 AM
I'm sorry. Forgive me Chris, if I manage to get a life outside of the boards, and happen to be away from my computer, and not check up on here at convient times for you. You know, it's not like you talk a lot on here either. I can assure you all, I'm not a werewolf, but seeing as how Lucky and Dis want to so blindly follow Chris, fine.

Furthermore, while most of us did agree that the pricking of the possibly silver knives was useless, I, like many others, did subject myself to the test, unlike Kerigan, as shown here:

Using her small size, and general shady abilities, Kerigan here managed to get around from the knife pricking, althrough the odd eye might of noticed.

"Well... I dunno, He does seem most likely..."

*Kerigan points at Fullbladder

Plus, even if he isn't one of these Weredoodads and there are Werepuppies, they will get more reckless cause they think we are breaking... Or something like that.

*Kyrian points at Kerigan.

Alarra
2006-11-12, 02:16 AM
Alarra considers these arguments. "You have been quiet Kyrian....And I trust in our tobacconist's judgment."

* Alarra points at Kyrian

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-12, 03:04 AM
(hmmmm. Last time our friendly lizardy druid was active on a regular basis, now we hear hardly a peep from the trees. What caused this change in behavior?)

Atreyu points a hoof at Tussy

Korith
2006-11-12, 07:21 AM
This tide cannot be held back...

Korith points at Kyrian

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 08:06 AM
Fine, you all seem apparent on wanting to kill another villager. Well, I'll help and allow another one to be killed. I'm dropping my name from the players list of this game. This is the second game in SMBG now that the staff decided to twist in a way, that had I none about before the games start, I would have withdrawn. I've already pointed out at least once how I disagree with this type of game, and had I been forewarned, I would have withdrawn sooner. So let's see what the narrators do when I do this:

*Kyrian walks out of this town, reveals to all that he is indeed a villager, and wishes that games that have a staff of some type would ask for the opinion of the players, before changing the game in this way.

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-12, 08:22 AM
Waks up way late in the day and sees everything that is going on. He prepares the body and then goes over and....

*Gnome Barbarian points at kyrian

"Believe that you are the guilty party and have taken away so many of our hardworking villagers."

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 08:23 AM
((Points Gnome Barbarian to the post above his))

Bookman
2006-11-12, 11:30 AM
And due to popular demand we are having a Paranoia Game.

((*points at the beginning post* they did ask our opinions and here's the posts from the old thread before this one

so when will the next game start? and what are the details?

im still pullin for the alpha wolf, paranioa and lovers.

I also think alpha wolf/lovers/paranoia would be fun. Especially lovers/paranoia.

2 people in the old thread were all that said which type except for Raldor who bowed out on this one

I'll join in for round 3 as well, assuming it's not a paranoia game, which doesn't really appeal to me, perhaps because being a mason was so much fun.

and later in *this* thread he said

I'll sit this one out then.
You had plenty of time to drop out beforehand instead of quitting half way through.

So it wasn't a big suprise or anything. I would address the deal about the "other game that changed without your opinion" but it does not belong here if you have issues bring them up there. I have just as good sources for asking for advice on the next game.

Narrators where do we progress from here?))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-12, 11:32 AM
(I would simply let the game go as usual, as it appears that he is to be lynched)

Kantur
2006-11-12, 12:22 PM
I'm not going to re-say what Bookman said because, well, it's been said already.

The reason we picked a paranoia game was that the majority of people wanted to try it. Besides, now that it's being tried, it means future narrators can decide whether they want to use it or not knowing how people feel about it.

The day ends now with Kyrian lynched, The night'll last until the usual 7pm GMT tomorrow, and anyone who was in danger of being inactivity lynched gets until the end of the next day given the shortness of this one.

Night begins again.

(In case anyone wonders, the reason I'm not letting the game continue on as normal is that Kyrian's left the game, so we need a way to get Kryian's persona out of the game without saying "The next 24 hours are pointless since 'x' i going to happen regardless" or giving incentive and bonuse to the wolves by saying "It's continueing and he'll be lynched anyway, but feel free to keep voting for someone else"...)

Mik
2006-11-12, 12:41 PM
*Kyrian walks out of this town, reveals to all that he is indeed a villager, and wishes that games that have a staff of some type would ask for the opinion of the players, before changing the game in this way.

((Is that not a good enough way for you?))

Kantur
2006-11-12, 12:53 PM
((This way myself and Weebl don't have to check to see if people change their post and point or do another post later - It's quicker and easier for me peronally to do it the way I have.))

Raistlin1040
2006-11-12, 05:11 PM
(Kantur you said I need to post but accused Tormsskull on this day. so I should be good until 2 days from now)

Kantur
2006-11-12, 05:20 PM
My apologies, you're right, you did and you are. Bear in mind though that black pointings can be easily missed, epecially if they're not a paragraph of their own.
Sorry again Raistlin.

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-12, 05:24 PM
Wonderful. Just Wonderful. Who's going to die tonight I wonder? Well, I remain secure in the knowledge that sooner or later, the wolves will die. Just because we may not have a seer does not mean that we are at a disadvantage. If everyone unifies at every vote, we will eventually flush out the wolves. Of course, there is the slightest chance we'd end up with a town full of werewolves, but what are the odds of that happening?

Raistlin1040
2006-11-12, 05:25 PM
(Got it. I always quick reply so most of my posts aren't colourful))

smellie_hippie
2006-11-12, 05:26 PM
*Smellie Hippie open the doors to the tavern for another night of mourning* (no pun intended)

"Welcome all! The night wind is chilly, and the fire here will warm your bones. We shall all miss Kyrian, so let us drink a toast in rememberance of him! The first round is on the house, in this hour of sorrow."

*Smelle Hippie goes back behind the bar, and waits to see if anyone feels like socializing after such a loss*

p.s. He'll also vote after surviving another night with werewolves on the loose. *fingers crossed* :smalleek:

Bookman
2006-11-12, 05:58 PM
(Got it. I always quick reply so most of my posts aren't colourful))
((If you select "Advanced" the color options are easy to accessin quick reply))

Joosbawx
2006-11-13, 02:01 AM
(I am less than impressed by Kyrian's temper tantrum, and I certainly don't appreciate being left in the lurch in the game, as his leaving halfway through affects us all. Next time, read befoer you join a game and you can avoid acting like a spoiled teenager.)

(No offense intended to any actual spoiled teenagers here)

Joosbawx watches them lynch Kyrian and shrugs again, shaking his head. Puttering around in his garden, he does the same as last night...setting on the kettle and stoking up the fires...before lockign the doors and setting himself up to watch until he can't keep his eyes open anylonger.

Kyrian
2006-11-13, 06:43 AM
((Joosbawx, until you can tell me you're going through the same troubles I am in RL, back off of my actions.))

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-13, 07:33 AM
Joosbawx watches them lynch Kyrian and shrugs again, shaking his head. Puttering around in his garden, he does the same as last night...setting on the kettle and stoking up the fires...before lockign the doors and setting himself up to watch until he can't keep his eyes open anylonger.

*Sees Joosbawx puttering about in the garden.* Thanks for letting me ride out the night at your place. It is kind of nice not to be all alone when you are anxious. I felt so much better I even dozed off for a bit, something I really haven't been able to do since this all began. Oh, and the tea was marvelous. Perhaps you would let me stay again tonight?

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-13, 09:13 AM
((Joosbawx, until you can tell me you're going through the same troubles I am in RL, back off of my actions.)) ((My life sucks, I'm 15, and seemingly more mature than you. But I won't say anything else because I've also snapped a few times in the past (I went quite nuts in the head and yelled at a teacher a couple of years ago...), hence why I put seemingly.

But I hope the apparent sucky-ness in your life goes away soon, though!))

Kantur
2006-11-13, 09:24 AM
I was hoping I wouldn't need to do this...

What's done is done.

As far as I'm concerned, the matter was finished when the game moved onto nighttime.

I don't want to see any more comments about it.

It's for the game, lets keep it that way.

Joosbawx
2006-11-13, 09:57 AM
Joosbawx steps asde to allow Ms. E in before closing and bolting the doors again. The house smells of dried herbs and flowers from the garden and the large mug of tea sitting beside the easy chair by the fire.

"Make yourself comfortable, Ms. E. The kettle is in the kitchen and the fire is warm, and the firniture is worn, but comfortable."

Cain2005
2006-11-13, 11:32 AM
(OOC: Sorry about not posting, I don't have the internet at home, and I can only used it at school, anyway...)

Cain suddenly wakes up after falling asleep on his paperwork, "What, What?" he said sleepy.

*Cain will point at Tussy

Korith
2006-11-13, 11:46 AM
I return to pulling for Selrahc, for reasons of him playing "shadow".

*Korith points at Selrahc*

EDIT: Checks watch.

Hey, whaddayaknow?

*Sleeps*

Kantur
2006-11-13, 12:32 PM
*cough*
It's still night time...

Kantur
2006-11-13, 02:07 PM
Until now...

With the new day come another death. The threat isn't gone yet, but one more person doen't need to worry about it anymore...Smellie Hippie. One more is claimed by the wolf/wolves...

Let the day begin

Korith
2006-11-13, 02:12 PM
In that case...

I (again) return to pulling for Selrahc, for reasons of him playing "shadow".

*Korith points at Selrahc*

Selrahc
2006-11-13, 03:14 PM
Again I say that I wasn't being a shadow. And it probably won't do any good.

But heres my case.

Day one, we were the first two people to post after Tharj's "discovery".

We both pointed at him. I see no reason that is suspicious to you, since we were both reacting to the same situation.

Day two, I didn't vote the same way as you.

Day three, we were the first two people to say anything. I voted for Tharj, as I said I would have done the day before. Again, reacting to a situation.

I think you are unfairly persecuting me for a situation beyond my control.... or would you prefer I only post in this thread if I have a differing opinion from you, or wait until someone else has posted?

Korith
2006-11-13, 03:24 PM
Selrahc, if you're a werewolf, that's pretty much exactly what I'd expect you to say.

If you're a villager, that's pretty much exactly what I'd want to hear.

Therein lies the conundrum. You may well be a villager, and I don't completely deny the possibility. I believe that I went wrong with my vote on Tharj, mostly because of the manner in which he (didn't) react. I expect that wolves will tend to react either substantially more, or substantially less than villagers to accusation. When I do issue an accusation, I try to use it as an additional source of information to close the gap of what I know vs. what the werewolves know.

Yes, there will probably be wolves who can keep a "straight post" and not belie their position. We have to keep an eye out to see if they do betray themselves in that regard.

The other side is that people tend to respond under pressure. Not always for the better, I realise, but I am willing to accept a well thought-out alternative. Presently, Selrahc, you're the best lead I have; false or otherwise. For that reason, I maintain my accusation.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-13, 03:28 PM
"The tree dwelling lizardman has been silent for too long. This seems very suspicious to me." (or maybe he can't log on *shrugs* in either case, I think the silent should be lynched.)

The llamurai points his blade at Tussy

(post and I'll change it, Tussy. I'm only after the silent ones.)

Selrahc
2006-11-13, 03:30 PM
I didn't really expect my argument to sway you. With almost no evidence we don't really have much more than vague feelings to go on.

I don't think you are a werewolf. I'm telling you that I am not a werewolf. And thats about all I can say.

/shrug

I still suspect Tharj, and will point at him again.

*points at Tharj*

smellie_hippie
2006-11-13, 04:31 PM
AH!! The mourning of my passing has been immense!

*cough* *wheeze*

*fade into memory*:smallfrown:

Raistlin1040
2006-11-13, 05:45 PM
"Not smellie hippie! I still think that Tormsskull is a werewolf"

*Points at Tormsskull*

Ink
2006-11-13, 05:56 PM
"Oh no! Not Smellie Hippie! His meat pies were the best!" A single tear forms in Ink's eye and drops to the ground, and he mumbles, "Rest in peace, my friend. May you find your way to the Great Tavern in the Sky, and someday I shall too." "Hopefully not anytime in the near future though", he hastens to add.

His mourning complete, Ink goes to Smellie Hippie's now unowned tavern and helps himself to the ale. "..sniff.. I can still smell him like he was right here..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 06:15 PM
Well, now I'm not sure anymore. I was going to point to Tharj again, but Korith makes a good argument, and there have definately been people skulking around in the shadows. I think I'm going to point to one of them.
*Destro points at Tussy

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-13, 06:19 PM
*Ms Elaneous yawns and stretches as she exits Joosbawx's home.* Morning came so soon... *She then notices the body of Smellie Hippie and the finger pointing going on amongst the villagers.* Oh dear. So this is the breakdown so far is it?

Tussy
The Llama
Destro Yersul
Alarra
Death

Selrahc
Korith

Tormsskull
Raistlin

Tharj
Selrahc

Korith
DarkLightDragon

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-13, 06:44 PM
((I wouldn't bother accusing tussy, he'll probably be culled soon anyway))

Hm... Now Hippie is dead? Pity.

((And now, since I have to point at someone or else get lynched...))

*DLD points at Korith*

2006-11-13, 07:13 PM
AH!! The mourning of my passing has been immense!

*cough* *wheeze*

*fade into memory*:smallfrown:
Oh, look, we aren't in the morning, it's already afternoon.

*Death conforts those mourning smellie hippie.*
He had a puntastic life...

Well, I have to vote, and Tussy has been very quiet, even if he is a wonderful villager to have, I shall have to cast my vote on the quiet one.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/death.gif
*Death Points to Tussy

Korith
2006-11-13, 07:51 PM
((I wouldn't bother accusing tussy, he'll probably be culled soon anyway))

Hm... Now Hippie is dead? Pity.

((And now, since I have to point at someone or else get lynched...))

*DLD points at Korith*

http://hg.missingworlds.com/smile/eyebrow.gif
Yeah...I love you, too?

No hard feelings.

Alarra
2006-11-13, 08:05 PM
Alarra takes a moment of silence to mourn the newly dead, before considering the accusations put before her.

Well, yes as DLD pointed out....Tussy is probably going to get culled soon for being too quiet. But we've no idea who's a werewolf and who's a villager, so why not lynch one that will die anyway, so that we don't accidentally lynch another villager. We don't want to be doing the wolves work for them, and then we'll have more minds alive to help us figure things out the next day.

*Alarra points at Tussy

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-13, 08:17 PM
Alarra speaks wisdom in this. I am inclined to agree. Sorry, Tussy. *Ms Elaneous turns and points at Tussy.*

Tussy
The Llama
Destro Yersul
Alarra
Death
Ms Elaneous
Gnome Barbarian

Selrahc
Korith

Tormsskull
Raistlin

Tharj
Selrahc
Bookman

Korith
DarkLightDragon

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-13, 08:37 PM
Walks around...

"You know I know who I must point at...."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Tussy

"Im sorry old friend but I believe you are guilty...may god prove me wrong.."

Bookman
2006-11-13, 08:39 PM
Hmmmmmm I personally find it odd Ms E is making these lists........without prompting even.

But I must point at Tharj

Bookman points at Tharj

It just seem RIGHT

2006-11-13, 08:42 PM
A tree moves, next to the one Tussy resides in. A long branch is bent into the lizard's tree, poking him repeatedly. This not owrking, the tree resumes it's original position, and bit of mist roiling from a deep knot in the trunk and a voice rather distinctly being heard.

"Damn that lizard."

the mist snarls, and it drifts away to the sound of a sousaphone playing "Ghost Riders in the Sky"

veecher
2006-11-13, 11:32 PM
well allara makes a fine argument, but why pass up a chance to kill a werewolf?

veecher points at tharj.

Dispozition
2006-11-14, 01:29 AM
*Dis comes out of his house and swears when he see's Smellie Hippie dead on the ground*

"Great...Another ones gone...So...Who's pointing at who then...Tussy eh? Well...I'm not sure...Any valid arguments?"

Joosbawx
2006-11-14, 02:32 AM
Joosbawx again exits his house in the morning and watches to see who's not around any longer. ONce Smellie Hippie is discovered, he goes to his garden and tends to it, picking a fresh bundle of herbs and flowers to place on the grave of the beloved and departed Tavern owner.

"You will be missed, friend.

Joosbawx delivers the simple phrase and then turns toward the rest of the village, walking into the midst before speaking.

"I have been watching the wolves make their moves, and have even been able to divine a thing or two about them. I have a short list that i'd like you to consider, and while I haven't been able to watch all on this list yet, I think that it deserves, just a bit, of consideration:

Alarra
Llama
Death
Bookman
Selrahc
and perhaps Korith

"...Now I know that isn't a short list, but after watching them closely and considering their voting records, I believe these are highly suspicious and deserve some consideration. I doubt that all of them are wolves among us...I hope their number is less than this list...but perhaps with a little weeding we can rid the Village of at least one wolf."

Joosbawx falls silent and watchful to gauge the reaction to his statement.

Ink
2006-11-14, 06:11 AM
"I will have to go with my suspicions and join the crowd pointing at Tussy."

* Ink points at Tussy

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-14, 06:47 AM
http://hg.missingworlds.com/smile/eyebrow.gif
Yeah...I love you, too?

No hard feelings. *grin*

'kay!

smellie_hippie
2006-11-14, 06:54 AM
Thank you for the wonderful eulogy folks. (sarcastic before, genuine this time) I assume the herbs on my grave were in abundance for the, er... smellieness. I hope you find the rest of those vicious beasts, and avenge the fallen.

Alarra
2006-11-14, 09:11 AM
Alarra glances at Joosbawx's list and is a bit hurt and dismayed to find her name on the top. "I don't put much faith in lists like this, especially when they aren't supported by actual evidence. But I'm more than willing to defend myself if you tell me what I've done to make you suspicious of me."

Tormsskull
2006-11-14, 09:44 AM
(OOC: Sorry everyone, long weekend without internet access. I've read everything I've missed, and I'll admit I'm a bit confused, but trying to get back into the swing of things. Once again, sorry.)

T.S. wakes up with a horrible hangover. "Do not drink firebreather 200 proof straight, it will knock you out for days. So, what's going on now? I've been pointed at by someone you say? Weird." *Looks towards Tussy* "Um, sure, you."

Tormsskull points at Tussy.

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-14, 10:02 AM
It may seem odd, but there is one person we're overlooking. Someone who has been biding his time, waiting for the proper moment to strike.

Joosbawx, I accuse you!

veecher
2006-11-14, 01:51 PM
i have to say that i agree with most of joosbawxs list. there is a handfull of names that i would switch out for others though.

and for the sake of all our lives stop pointing at tussy! its like wasting a turn, and frankly we cant afford to let the wolves have 4 kills without even trying to preserve ourselves!

Joosbawx
2006-11-14, 02:55 PM
Joosbawx looks to Alarra and nods, a bit of sadness behind his eyes as he explains.

"OF course, there is no such thing as hard evidence, Alarra; however, in observing so far I've noted a bit of difference in the way you've been acting, and not acting, opposed to how I've seen you conduct yourself before (in the other game). And even if I could state emphatically that i know youa re a werewolf, it would only serve to put myself on the werewolves scrying-glass-slash-chopping-block. So all I have to go on are my own powers of observation, which are quite keen."

Pausing for a moment, he swallows before continuing quietly.

"I have no wish to accuse you, personally, Alarra. Quite the contrary if full truth be told, but I have seen what I have seen."

Finishing his reply to Alarra, JOosbawx stands with hands clasped and awaits a response. Having said his piece, he has yet to accuse anyone as of yet. Only then, he turns to address Eldritch Knight.

[color=blue]"There is nothing concrete that I can offer you, even as I have stated before without endangering myself or other Villagers who can help us all survive; however, I offer you this: I am not a wolf, and have been doing my part to ensure that those of us that have survived this long have the best chance to survive further."

Joosbawx then raises his voice slightly and looks at each person in the gathering as he addresses them all.

[color=blue]"I can only speak from what I *know*, but I will say this...any of you that jump on Eldritch Kinght's bandwagon and point to me should fall suspect, also. I am not a werewolf, on my honor...and anyone that would quickly change their vote or add to an accusation of an innocent protector of this Village should cause alarm bells to go off in the minds of each and every other Villager here."

Falling silent, Joosbawx scans the those gathered again, going back to listening and leving his hands at his sides.

Cain2005
2006-11-14, 05:13 PM
(Not again!)

My vote as been missed again! I need to write enough so that it can be counted. ....

anyway, as stated early

*Cain points at Tussy

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-14, 05:21 PM
(okay, why is anyone else pointing at Tussy? I'm pointing because I don't have any actual evidence to point to one of the majority, so I point at absentee posters. That's not actual evidence. )

^ Cain points at Tussy

Korith
2006-11-14, 06:53 PM
"I can only speak from what I *know*, but I will say this...any of you that jump on Eldritch Kinght's bandwagon and point to me should fall suspect, also. I am not a werewolf, on my honor...and anyone that would quickly change their vote or add to an accusation of an innocent protector of this Village should cause alarm bells to go off in the minds of each and every other Villager here."

Korith squints a little bit at Joosbawx.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Joosbawxs' words don't exactly put me at ease. I'm sticking with my current instinct (Selrahc)...but I'd suggest paying close attention to Joosbawx over the next little while.

2006-11-14, 06:55 PM
Well, we have to vote at least once every two turns.

But since everyone seems to be having problems with Tussy, maybe it is the one who voted for Tussy? Even though I still see the silent wolf as a possibility, I shall vote for the one who started this avalanche.

*Death points at llama

veecher
2006-11-14, 09:09 PM
ok joos, you got me. who are you pointing at?

and to those of us who think that voting every second day is a good strategy, ITS NOT. youre all but handing the wolves our heads. you are possibly the single worst mob ive ever seen. this is a game about deceit and detection, not about living up to your morals. if youre too afraid of the potential repercutions of fingering someone out then you shouldnt be playing this game. besides, its late enough that most of us have conjured our lists and are most likely not going to stray from them to attack somone else just for voting for someone they may think is innocent.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-14, 09:35 PM
I will stick with my previous guess (still not enough data to glean any good conclusions from) and point at Korith

Tharj points at Korith

Dispozition
2006-11-15, 01:33 AM
Huh...Still pointing without evidence...I'm not pointing untill someone tells me why I should...I'm not a sheep you know...I don't just follow the herd.

Alarra
2006-11-15, 04:24 AM
Alarra shrugs at Joosbawx. Well, I don't know what to say to set your mind at ease other than if I'm playing differently, it's because it's a different game and the very nature of a paranoia game should lead to a slightly different play style. It also could be because I'm actually putting the effort in this game to analyze voting patterns, that I haven't done before. So if that makes me suspicious to you, so be it.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-15, 04:27 AM
((Looks like the paranoia's setting in. Fun!))

Kantur
2006-11-15, 11:00 AM
Quick note for you all, depending on when myself or Weebl get on later, the new night could be a few hours late.

Bookman
2006-11-15, 11:55 AM
CURSE OUR FLAKY ARTIC WEATHER!

((Someone had to make the night and day joke :tongue:))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-15, 12:22 PM
aarrgghhh! the bad joke, i think I'm beginning to like the silent players better :wink:

Kantur
2006-11-15, 07:56 PM
My apologies both for the lateness and the briefness of this post, I've had more time at work than I expected and less time to sleep than I would've liked considering tomorrow's schedule for me and this post is starting to cut into sleep time...

Anyway, today's lucky winner is....Tussy! Though I'm sure it surprises sooooo many people who've watched the day's voting :smallwink:
Also falling under the NPC villagers suspicion for a bit too long and find themselves joining him are the following:
Xylric
Moon Called
Gezina and
Gamerofthegame

Nighttime. It'll end at the usual 7pm GMT deadline, and again, sorry for the delay.

Bookman
2006-11-15, 08:03 PM
*is asleep*

((Is there a list of who's alive...I've grown confused on who's left and who isn't....))

evnafets
2006-11-15, 08:16 PM
Still among the living:
--------------------------
1234567890 / Tharj
Ace0584 / gnome_barbarian
Allara
Bookman
Cain
Calas / Eldritch Knight
Death (of Pixies)
Destro Yersul
Dizpoziton
DLD
Gamerofthegame / Kerigan
Gezina
Ink
Joosbawx
Korith
Lucky
MaskedLlama
Moon_Called
Ms Elaneous
Raistlin
Selrahc
TheChris
Tormsskull
Veecher
Xylric

Victims of the mob:
-------------------
Evnafets
Deckmaster
ExRev8705 / Kalil / Kyrian
Tusserte

Wolf food
--------------------
ZRS
Jontom Xire
B-Man
Smellie_hippie

Bookman
2006-11-15, 08:27 PM
((PSsssst you missed the ones culled for inactivity

Still among the living:
--------------------------
1234567890 / Tharj
Ace0584 / gnome_barbarian
Allara
Bookman
Cain
Calas / Eldritch Knight
Death (of Pixies)
Destro Yersul
Dizpoziton
DLD
Ink
Joosbawx
Korith
Lucky
MaskedLlama
Ms Elaneous
Raistlin
Selrahc
TheChris
Tormsskull
Veecher

Victims of the mob:
-------------------
Evnafets
Deckmaster
ExRev8705 / Kalil / Kyrian
Tusserte

Wolf food
--------------------
ZRS
Jontom Xire
B-Man
Smellie_hippie

Didn't say anything
--------------------
Xylric
Moon Called
Gezina
Gamerofthegame

This is worrying......let's hope we got at least a couple of wolves))

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-15, 09:11 PM
*Ms Elaneous returns to Joosbawx's house and joins him for a cup of tea.* Joosbawx, you make the best tea.

veecher
2006-11-16, 02:31 AM
great! we just gave the wolves another free turn. can we all stop pointing at people that arent going to play?

Joosbawx
2006-11-16, 08:46 AM
Joosbawx, again, watches as he has been doing all along. Poking about in his garden, he smiles as Ms. E arrives and then goes inside to join her for a cup and biscuit, facing the window after stoking the fire.

"Nasty bit of business today, eh? Hopefully tomorrow the Village's hand won't be so forced if we didn't get the wolves tonight."

Joosbawx putters about his cottage for awhile before returning to the large window to wartch the night thoughtfully.

Selrahc
2006-11-16, 11:07 AM
I have an ominous feeling about this game.... I think us villagers will be the unlucky ones.

I hope the next game isn't paranoia.:smalleek:

veecher
2006-11-16, 01:15 PM
i dont know about you guys but im enjoying things a lot more this time. not knowing how many of what there is makes everything about it better.

V you should get a new one. that one only makes you sound squeekier.

Cain2005
2006-11-16, 01:27 PM
Cain sits in his office, muttering to himself, and sips some wine.

*Cain buys a megaphone for the future votings*

"Testing!" Cain calls over the megaphone

*Note to self, must turn phone on before speaking into it

Kantur
2006-11-16, 02:15 PM
Dawn comes again and one more is found dead the door off the hinges again, though this time halfway down the garden path, and some of the furnature was moved violently, either a good fight wa put up, or the wolf/wolves felt like mocking the poor owner further still. Yet the body's difficult to find and only when one of the villagers notices the house is awfully warm. A check reveals the fire on and closed with a note above it. The note seems to have been torn out of a recipe book, a cake recipe to be precise, with something scribbled in blood below the list of ingredients 1 Ink, inside, true to the recipe is Ink, some flour, melted butter and some broken eggs.

The new day begins.

Tormsskull
2006-11-16, 02:57 PM
(OOC: I'm going to second the idea of a regular game next time around. I'm enjoying this game but it doesn't seem like some others are, and if not everyone is having fun, it kind of ruins my fun.)

T.S. shakes his head sadly when he hears the news. "These evil werewolves must be put to a stop. I will honestly say that I am lost when it comes to a suspect. I initally thought B-man and Alarra looked very suspicious, but no one else seemed to think so. Does anyone have a hypothesis as to who could be a werewolf?"

T.S. glances around, hoping someone comes forth with a solid lead.

Korith
2006-11-16, 03:02 PM
I've given my Selrahc theory
* Korith points at Selrahc

But I've been admittedly lazy on making a more detailed analysis...I'll see what I can give you on the survivors later today, ranked on a scale of 1-10 on wolfishness and voting history. Sound good?

Selrahc
2006-11-16, 03:45 PM
*Selrahc points at Tharj*

Same reasons as previously.

Ink
2006-11-16, 09:00 PM
Ink floats around in the semi-darkness, slightly dazed and disorientated. His vision returns and his gaze comes to rest on the bloody recipe page then travels downwards. "What! I've been turned into a cake?!! Of all the indignities! Get out there you sods and lynch those hairy bastards!" He scowls deeply. "Hmph. And they didn't even get it right. The recipe clearly says three eggs."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-17, 12:29 AM
Well, that's one more grave needed. Destro gestures to an empty grave. Hopefully we're going to stop needing them soon. A kumquat falls off a tree behind him, making a "plop" noise when it hits the ground. As for my vote, I continue to suspect Tharj, though my level of suspicion has decreased. He's done nothing I consider suspicious after that first day. Selrahc won't let him forget it though. Pathological hatred? Maybe the wolves are trying to get rid of one more of us.
*Destro points at Selrahc

veecher
2006-11-17, 12:35 AM
tharj, youre still on my list, but in the last few days ive grown more and more suspicious of alarra.

veecher points at alarra.

TheChris
2006-11-17, 02:15 AM
"Joosbawx, you have been too quiet to suddenly come out with a list like you did....your shaky reasons or divine revelations seem a little suspicious to me." TheChris pauses for a moment. "This is very difficult for me but I believe my suspicions of you are well founded."

*TheChris raises his hand and points at Joosbawx

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-17, 07:38 AM
*DLD runs out of her house screaming, collides with someone in the crowd, is sent flying and lands near Ink's... cake?*

Why Ink? This puzzles me.

As for Joosbawx, I believe his claim of divine power. But the werewolves have this ability, too. Something inside me says that he is more likely to be a wolf than a fellow villager. I could be wrong, of course, but I find Joosbawx to be too suspicious for my liking. He seemed to be a werewolf magnet in the last two towns to be attacked, yet he's survived this far. A plot by the tham to confuse us villagers, or is he one of them? I'd rather put my mind at rest than have to worry.

*DLD points at Joosbawx*

Joosbawx
2006-11-17, 09:09 AM
Joosbawx exits his home in the morning and walks over to where the crowd is gathering and views Ink's body. Horrified, he turns and walks back to his garden, gathering up, as he has before, a spray of fresh flowers and herbs to lay at his grave. As he passes through the crowd, he listens to their mutterings and accusations. Stopping, he turns to address the fingers pointing at him while the others prepare Ink's corpse for his burial.

"There is not much that anyone can say to change the mind of another, but I offer the two of you this: On my honor, I am not a werewolf."

Pausing, he looks both DLD and TheChris in the eye as he continues.

"You, of course, may vote as you like; however, I can only promise you that I am not what you accuse me of being, and state that if you kill me, then you can only do more damage than you can imagine to this Village."

Pausing again, Joosbawx looks at all of those assembled, holding the bunch of herbs and flowers for Ink's grave, he glances down at them as he continues.

"When I made my personal suspicions public, I hoped that by not accusing anyone immediately and giving them all a chance to respond before pointing would hold some weight and prevent exactly what is happening right now. Bear in mind this...the wolves own the night and can destroy whomever they wish, but they also know each other, and by banding together can own the day, too. Voting in packs to destroy another Villager with their voice and lynching rope instead of their claws. If I was a wolf, why would I abstain from voting (which we are required to do at least every two days) after voicing my suspicions?"

Shrugging, Joosbawx turns to go, leaving them to make up their minds. After two steps he turns and scans through the crowd until he finds who he is looking for.

"Unfortunately the time has come to point fingers, and with a heavy heart I do this."

*Joosbawx points to Alarra.

Turning again, he walks to Ink's grave, laying the spray of flowers and herbs from his garden and taking a moment in silence.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-17, 10:53 AM
*Stepping out of the door of Joosbawx's home, Ms Elaneous seconds the motion.* I'm afraid that I agree with the less popular "Alarra-pointers." I've never seen her play before, but her behavior has seemed odd to me from the very beginning. Now that there is some support, I believe now is the time to reveal these suspicions... *Points at Alarra*

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-17, 10:54 AM
Okay, but... You still confessed to having divine powers. That means the werewolves should have killed you instead of Ink. Or kill you tonight. Unless you are one of them. My opinion stands.

Cain2005
2006-11-17, 11:13 AM
Cain looks at the sence, and sighs, "not another one," he says to himself, and curses himself for letting this happen again. "I will find that wolf, and make a rug out of him," he thinks to himself, and now looks around at the others.

*Cain Pionts at Joosbawx

Bookman
2006-11-17, 11:31 AM
Cain looks at the sence, and sighs, "not another one," he says to himself, and curses himself for letting this happen again. "I will find that wolf, and make a rug out of him," he thinks to himself, and now looks around at the others.

*Cain Pionts at Joosbawx

((to help Kantur))

I think the arguements against Joos are too great. I too must cast my vote against him.

Bookman points at Joosbawx

((No paranoia.....I really finding out I don't like this sort of game. I think a sort of combination paranoia where we don't know the amunt of wolves but we find out what everyone is after death would be fun. This is a good experience for us though ^_^))

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-17, 11:37 AM
((I have mixed opinions about this. It's good and fun because a paranoia game IS paranoia, but sometimes you feel like you want to know wether someone's a wolf or not. But It's interesting not knowing wether there's a seer/baner/etc))

Joosbawx
2006-11-17, 11:55 AM
Joosbawx watches as more and more fingers are pointed in his direction, he scans the crowd looking at those that have yet to vote and then back to those accusing him. Shaking his head sadly, he speaks.

"You all are making a mistake. The only thing you can accomplish by killing me is to rob the Village of someone who's been watching out for it all along. I give you my word that I am not a Werewolf, and only a resident of this Village, but even now the wolves wouldn't kill me because they should be able to simply vote my death."

Joosbawx glances over to Ms. E and chuckles.

"Guess you'll have to enjoy your cuppa alone tonight, unless these folks suddenly see the light."

Alarra
2006-11-17, 12:30 PM
Alarra looks around at those pointing fingers and is not surprised that Joos is pointing at her. "I still don't know what I've done, or what I can say to make you believe that I'm not a werewolf. "

"And why would you abstain from voting if you were a wolf? Lots of reasons. Abstaining from voting, especially in this game, where hardly anyone has voted every day would make a wolf blend in better, and it'd be a really stupid pack of wolves to vote in a pack, when voting patterns is all you have to go on."

"And 'watching out for the town'? You've hardly even said a word until this sudden list and rash action. I agree that your claim to power could be true, but on the wolves side, and hey, one good turn deserves another."

* Alarra points at Joosbawx

((Oh, and for next game, I'm agreeing with the idea of going semi-paranoia...as in, we don't know how many wolves or what roles have been given out, but you do find out someone's role when they die. And hey....can I be one of the narrators next game? I have some fun ideas.))

Jontom Xire
2006-11-17, 12:34 PM
((No paranoia.....I really finding out I don't like this sort of game. I think a sort of combination paranoia where we don't know the amunt of wolves but we find out what everyone is after death would be fun. This is a good experience for us though ^_^))I agree. Having said that, knowing that FullBladder was a wolf, I came up with two incredibly fantastic, but opposing theories. I just wish I had had the chance to try them out and find out which was correct. But I had to work not knowing anything and it kinda made it more challenging. Given the activity since then I should be able to work out who all the wolves are, and I have some suspicions without even trying, but being dead I haven't wasted my time trying to work out which of my theories was correct (and one of them HAD to be).

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there would be more interest in the game for those who die early if they could easily see who was wolf and who not and thus see if the theories they had beore they died were right or not.

P.s. I did pass on my theories to some people (before I died) who don't seem to be paying them much attention. Maybe those people are wolves?

;)

P.s. I'd like to announce now (since I got missed out initially for this game) that I wanna play the next game. In fact could we run two in parallel?

Joosbawx
2006-11-17, 01:02 PM
Joosbawx looks over to Alarra as she adds her fingers to the rest of the crowd pointing at him.

"No, Alarra, what the wolves would probably do is wait until someone had a few fingers pionting at them and then add their votes to that point as well to push them over the edge...assuming they weren't pointing at a wolf."

Joosbawx shakes his head again, continuing and addressing the crowd as a whole.

"You are all only hurtin gyourselves if you go through with this. And, simply for the record while I have a chance to say this in corporeal form and not as some disembodied spirit hanging about just long enough to say 'I told you so', I claimed no power other than powers of observation we all posess. Mundane powers of observation, to be specific."

Shaking his head, Joosbawx makes a final statement.

"I have given you my word of honor, I have been honest, and I have done nothing buy try to help this Village. Beyond that, is there nothing I can do to dissuade those I live with from killing me out of fear and mob fear? I do not resign myself to this fate, because if you do this, your fate will surely be the same as mine."

Finishing, Joosbawx looks through the crowd, finding Alarra's gaze for a moment before moving on to Death and Llama and Bookman, shaking his head.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-17, 01:08 PM
I'm also trying to get some data to work with. I have a couple of ideas and want to share them but don't have anyway of putting an excel file on the internet. Anybody know of an easy way?

Now there might be enough data to find some (certainly not ironclad) evidence to think somebody is a wolf.

Hopefully something tonight (PST)

Tormsskull
2006-11-17, 01:11 PM
T.S. looks between Alarra and Joosbawx. "It looks like its down to you two, and I have to go with my initial hunch. I won't come up with some elaborate speech to try to sway anyone one way or another, as everyone has to go with their own thoughts. Joosbawx's speeches don't make me believe he is any less guilty of being a wolf than anyone else, but Alarra's previous actions looked suspicious to me and I can't shake the feeling."

Tormsskull points at Alarra.

veecher
2006-11-17, 02:12 PM
good luck joos, you got my support.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-17, 05:25 PM
To save confusion, the points are as thus:

Selrahc
Korith
Destro Yersul

Tharj
Selrahc

Alarra
Veecher
Joosbawx
Ms Elaneous
Tormsskull

Joosbawx
Bookman
DarkLightDragon
Cain
Alarra
The Chris

TheChris
2006-11-17, 07:01 PM
All of you who believe joosbawx....you are making a grave mistake. He is a danger to our small village and if he is not removed and quickly we are all in terrible danger.

Lucky
2006-11-17, 07:11 PM
I disagree, I think lynching Joos is the mistake. I have other suspicions.

*Points at Korith

Dispozition
2006-11-17, 07:22 PM
I think lynching Joosbawx is a good idea...

* Dis points at Joosbawx

2006-11-17, 10:01 PM
Well, despite Joosbawx's hatred for me I shan't vote against him, he seems more misguided than a wolf, although I could be wrong, neither shall I vote against Alarra as she seems to be doing what she does all the other games.

Korith has been acting suspicious, so I shall go out on a limb and cast my vote for him.

*Death points to Korith

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-18, 01:36 AM
Can't we all just get along???

except those damn wolves

Tharj points at Selrahc

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-18, 03:09 AM
*The llamurai seems to think a long time before speaking*

"Joosbawx, I am upset that you would place me on a list and not have a shred of evidence to back it up. I came here to avenge the death of my cousin and that is what I shall do. I will know share my list of suspected werewolves.

Joosbawx.

Its a short list, but it does have some evidence behind it.

No one can explain why Ink died whenever Joosbawx admitted to having a supernatural gift. That seems very suspicious as it should have made him a prime candidate for being eaten.

Plus, Joosbawx, your statements seem riddled with errors. In one statement you claimed to have supernatural sight as well as being part of a group that sounded Masonic. I don't know if this town has Masons, but I do know that it has werewolves.

Also, in your list post, you claim that
"I have been watching the wolves make their moves, and have even been able to divine a thing or two about them. I have a short list that i'd like you to consider, and while I haven't been able to watch all on this list yet, I think that it deserves, just a bit, of consideration:

Alarra
Llama
Death
Bookman
Selrahc
and perhaps Korith

"...Now I know that isn't a short list, but after watching them closely and considering their voting records, I believe these are highly suspicious and deserve some consideration. I doubt that all of them are wolves among us...I hope their number is less than this list...but perhaps with a little weeding we can rid the Village of at least one wolf."
In that post, you claim that it is a short list, then 2 paragraphs later, you claim that it isn't a short list. Also, directly before your list, you admit that you haven't been able to "watch all on this list yet", however immediately after this list you say "after watching them closely and considering their voting records, I believe these are highly suspicious and deserve some consideration."
You are contradicting yourself, twice, in the same post.

Also, I noticed that for the rounds proceeding your list you kept attempting to lynch Korith, but now he has been pushed so far down the list to "perhaps." That's a little weird, when did you suddenly become less suspicious of Korith. Is it because you see Alarra and I and the others as bigger threats to your pack?

The way I see it, Kyrian was probably a werewolf. He didn't like the Paranoia style game, but didn't want to quit because he didn't want to screw the pack out of a member. He's a loyal wolf. However, once he saw that he would be hung, he felt he was going to die anyway, so his leaving would not harm his pack. I was the first person to point at Kyrian. I did so out of jest, but still, that probably sent a little ripple of fear through the wolves. That's probably why I'm on your list. It doesn't help that I shared my suspiciouns with Kyrian about a pair of suspected werewolves. You being one of them, Joosbawx. I'm sure he let you know to be more careful.

So you added me to this list, hoping to have the villagers eliminate me. Alarra was probably added because she was one of the first to point to Kyrian for his lynching. You wanted a reaction from me, Joosbawx? My reaction is joy that I can aid in hanging one of the foul creatures that corrupted my cousin Atreyu.

The Llamurai points a hoof at Joosbawx

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-18, 05:23 AM
If there are seers in this town, they haven't helped us yet. Why would they help us now? Why would they risk admitting their secrets?

*DLD's finger remains pointed*

Korith
2006-11-18, 10:51 AM
Sorry about the delay, as I've had other things to tend to. I'm going to see if I can bust this game open with matrix analysis, including:
-Simple Transitional (see where the trails of votes lead; performed using iterative [m]2+[m] calculations, where [m] is the voting grid.)
-Null space Transitional (determine the isolated groups with a [n] = (max votes) - [m] and a followup simple transitional on [n])
-Dedicated Wolf Analysis (look for a link between those voted for, and dying the following night)

If I think of any more, I'll add them. This is likely to take a few hours.

Note that this approach is likely to single out the masons as well as the wolves, so if you're a mason who's worried about this strategy, you can feel free to PM me with a stop request.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-18, 11:51 AM
((...

*is very, very confused*

*memory block*))

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-18, 01:17 PM
"I did it a couple of days ago and no one listened and Ill do it it again

*Gnome Barbarian points at Alarra