PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf III: A new begining

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Korith
2006-11-18, 01:38 PM
Okay, for starters, here's the raw data...I haven't got analysis running just yet.

Lost: The day we lost someone on account of inactivity, and an NPC lynching
Lynched: The day we lost somebody on account of our own voting
Lunched: The night the werewolves feasted on the corpse
Assumptions:
-Those eaten by the werewolves were not werewolves
-Those Lynched or Lost may have been werewolves
Among the living:
{table="head"]Lost|Lynched|Lunched|Name|Round 1 Vote (Final)|Round 1 Vote (Prior)|Round 2 Vote (Final)|Round 2 Vote (Prior)|Round 3 Vote (Final)|Round 3 Vote (Prior)|Round 4 Vote (Final)|Round 4 Vote (Prior)|Round 5 Vote (Final)|Round 5 Vote (Prior)|Round 6 Vote (Final)
| | |Alarra|Evnafets| |Fullbladder| |Korith| |Kyrian| |Tussy| |Joosbawx
| | |Bookman|Fullbladder| |Fullbladder| |Deckmaster| | | |Tharj| |Joosbawx
| | |Cain| | | | |Deckmaster| | | |Tussy| |Joosbawx
| | |DLD|Evnafets|Evnafets|Tharj| | | | | |Korith| |Joosbawx
| | |Death|Evnafets| | | |Deckmaster| | | |Llama|Tussy|Korith
| | |Destro| | |Tharj| | |Tharj|Tormsskull| |Tussy| |Selrahc
| | |Dis| | | | |Korith| |Kyrian| | | |Joosbawx
| | |EDK|Korith| |Korith| | | | | |Joosbawx| |
| | |Gnome|Evnafets | |Alarra| | | |Kyrian| |Tussy| |Alarra
| | |Joos|Evnafets| |Fullbladder| |Korith| | | | | |Alarra
| | |Korith|Tharj| |Tharj| |Selrahc|Tharj|Kyrian| |Selrahc| |Selrahc
| | |Llama| | |Kyrian| | | |Tussy| |Tussy| |Joosbawx
| | |Lucky| | | | |Selrahc| |Kyrian|Cain| | |Korith
| | |Ms E| | | | |Deckmaster| | | |Tussy| |Alarra
| | |Raistlin| | |Tharj|Fullbladder| | |Tormsskull| |Tormsskull| |
| | |Selrahc|Tharj| |Fullbladder| |Tharj| | | |Tharj| |Tharj
| | |Tharj|Fullbladder| |Fullbladder| |Korith| | | |Korith| |Selrahc
| | |TheChris|Tharj| |Fullbladder| |Deckmaster| |Kyrian| | | |
| | |TormSkull| | |Fullbladder| |B-Man| | | |Tussy| |Alarra
| | |Veecher| | |Deckmaster| |Tharj| | | |Tharj| |Alarra
[/table]
Not so alive
{table="head"]Lost|Lynched|Lunched|Name|Round 1 Vote (Final)|Round 1 Vote (Prior)|Round 2 Vote (Final)|Round 2 Vote (Prior)|Round 3 Vote (Final)|Round 3 Vote (Prior)|Round 4 Vote (Final)|Round 4 Vote (Prior)|Round 5 Vote (Final)|Round 5 Vote (Prior)|Round 6 Vote (Final)
5| | |Gezina| | | | | | | | | | |
5| | |Kerigan| | |Fullbladder| | | | | | | |
5| | |Moon| | | | | | | | | | |
5| | |Xylric|EDK| | | | | | | | | |
|1| |Evnafets|Deckmaster|Joosbawx| | | | | | | | |
|2| |Fullbladder|Tharj|Evnafets|Fullbladder|Tharj| | | | | | |
|3| |Deckmaster|Fullbladder| |Fullbladder| |B-Man| | | | | |
|4| |Kyrian| | |Fullbladder| | | |Kerigan| | | |
|5| |Tussy| | | | | | | | | | |
| |1|ZRS|Evnafets| | | | | | | | | |
| |2|Jontom| | | | | | | | | | |
| |3|B-Man|Evnafets| |Korith| |Korith| | | | | |
| |4|Smellie| | | | | | | | | | |
| |5|Ink|Fullbladder| |Fullbladder| |Tharj| | | |Tussy| |
[/table]

The crunchy matrix analysis is going to be put on standby, but that should give us plenty to learn about.

One thing I did learn is that the 18th vote is very unlucky. It's gone against me 3 times already!

I need a break...

Kantur
2006-11-18, 02:02 PM
The hangman looks vaguely depressed this evening, only one victim of the mob after so many the night before...
The mob push Joosbawx towards the hangman, declaring him the cause of the problems of the village. The hangman looks at the length of rope, then Joosbawx, then back to the rope, before glancing over at his fresh, uncut, rope and decliding to use what he has there. He strings the rope up andfixes the noose securly around Joosbawx's neck. The box is smashed with an axe quickly and the still-axe-attached box is yanked away quickly, leaving Joosbawx hanging. The hangman pushes the full rope behind another box with his foot as the crowd watch the not-so-clean death of Joosbawx. But hey, now at least he's stopped struggling...The hangman moves subtly off the platform while the crowd watch Joosbawx cross the line of life and death.

The new night begins.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-18, 06:24 PM
*Ms Elaneous moves slowly to Joosbawx's abandoned home. She quietly puts the kettles on and sits in the chair, staring into the flames.*

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-18, 11:18 PM
*DLD wonders if she made the right decision, but decides that it's better that she doesn't have to worry as much*

I'm going to bed now. I'll hopefully see you all tommorrow.

*DLD goes into her house quietly, spends a few minutes staring out the window, then goes to her room and loosens the straps on her sword... just in case...*

Ink
2006-11-19, 12:27 AM
((Actually I voted for Deckmaster in the third round, Korith. Not Tharj.))

Krursk
2006-11-19, 05:53 AM
((when is the start of sign up for Werewolf 4?))

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-19, 06:04 AM
((When werewolf 3 ends))

Kantur
2006-11-19, 10:51 AM
Update'll be an hour or two late tonight, just to warn you.

Bookman
2006-11-19, 10:59 AM
((ok......We'll be patient......this is scary))

Kantur
2006-11-19, 02:53 PM
In the town square where everyone gathers to do the evershortening role-call, you find a parchment written in blood

Dear villagers, you never seem to write anymore?

I see we are not the only threat to your village, there are two here who want a red wedding.

With compliments from the wolves

As Destro wakes up he sees the graves are upturned. And in the center of the town Ink's body can be found, with an extra egg, and the body parts of a dragon have been grimly used as a decoration. It seems like DarkLightDragon's sword, that was just for case, was also placed next to the cake so that the lovely couple could cut the cake.

The mangled corpses, well chewed, of the ones that were once dead form a love heart around the wedding cake.

A new day begins.

Joosbawx
2006-11-19, 04:23 PM
Incorporeal and saddened, the form of Joosbawx stands solemnly next to the newest victim of the Werewolves attacks. Shaking his head, he bends for a moment and lays down a freshly cut spray of flowers and herbs next to DarkLightDragon's body. HIs mouth moves, speaking silent words of comfort before glancing over his shoulder and standing.

As others approach the grisly scene, Joosbawx moves back to allow them to allow them to see the mess they've allowed...the mess he could have helped them prevent...and his sad eyes become doleful, his pensive expression becomes grieved. Pointing once to the spray of flowers he left beside DarkLightDragon's mortal remains, he turns to leave. Two steps, and Joosbawx disappears to continue his vigil, unseen.

Amongst the flowers and herbs, should anyone check, is a small card with precise, neat handwriting of Joosbawx:

"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to the person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.' ~~ Catherine Ponder

And on the reverse of the card:

"I forgive you all."

B-Man
2006-11-19, 06:31 PM
B-Man's spirit roams the village, stealling all the coffee grinds that he can find. He makes a pile of them near the Hangman's noose and the pile begins to burn. The shadowy figure of B-Man can be seen in the smoke of the burning coffee.

Bookman
2006-11-19, 07:15 PM
In the town square where everyone gathers to do the evershortening role-call, you find a parchment written in blood

Dear villagers, you never seem to write anymore?

I see we are not the only threat to your village, there are two here who want a red wedding.

With compliments from the wolves

As Destro wakes up he sees the graves are upturned. And in the center of the town Ink's body can be found, with an extra egg, and the body parts of a dragon have been grimly used as a decoration. It seems like DarkLightDragon's sword, that was just for case, was also placed next to the cake so that the lovely couple could cut the cake.

The mangled corpses, well chewed, of the ones that were once dead form a love heart around the wedding cake.

A new day begins.

What on earth could be meant by this message?

Are the wolves attmepting to tellus something?

Maybe there are lovers in the village.

Or they're playing with our minds.

CURSE YOU WOLVES.

I'm currently unsure who to point at but I believe several people have good theories but I don't remember all the details so I shall let them begin them

Ink
2006-11-19, 08:00 PM
Ink stares at the scene. "Wonderful. Just wonderful. Because, y'know, they hadn't desecrated my corpse enough the last time." He glares at the surrounding villagers. Not getting a reaction, he turns and stalks through some of them and floats up to join B-Man by the burning coffee grinds.

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-19, 10:17 PM
How can we determine who is responsible for this? Does anyone have any insights that could narrow target selection?

Alarra
2006-11-19, 11:36 PM
Alarra looks sadly around at what could only be called a grisly mess. "They're laughing at us."

She looks suspiciously from one person to the next, before sitting down on her porch, looking defeated and at a loss of what to do now.

Dispozition
2006-11-19, 11:40 PM
*Dis walks into the main square and see's the two corpses in their mangled inbrace*

That's just sick...They're taunting us...We still haven't got rid of all of them...Damn it!

*Dis walks off to contemplate what to do*

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-19, 11:43 PM
I suppose we should get these buried again. Wish I knew who the wolves were though. Destro re-digs the graves, mumbling about wolves, dragons and kumquats.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-20, 03:27 AM
The ghost of Jontom turns to the ghost of Dark Light Dragon. I knew I was right about you. I think I was right about the third one of us although they never fully joined us. And I think I know which of my two theories was correct. But given that's so I think I can figure out most of the wolves too. I just hope the two I am sure are villagers don't get killed before they show the others who the wolves are.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-20, 04:56 AM
((Um... Interesting death scene!))

*DLD's ghost rises from the dead. She appears confused, angered and upset at the same time*

*The now incorporeal dragon, which was DLD's true form in life, turns to Jontom's ghost*

I... recall... doubting you. But I was right in my eventual decision to regard you as one of our kind. The third...

*DLD scans the crowd*

Yes, that's the one. Anyway, there must be a fair amount of wolves remaining if they were able to overcome my sword. Very unfortunate. I loved that pearl...

*DLD begins rambling on about the sword*

Cain2005
2006-11-20, 11:20 AM
Cain shakes his head, "not another one," he says to himself.

Korith
2006-11-20, 11:27 AM
We only give the wolves another night if we do not act. The results of my analysis showed that we do not yet have enough data to establish any definite cliques (or rather, that Masons and Wolves alike may well have been voting for one another in small numbers to conceal themselves!)

What I have seen, however, is that all cycles of votes finish with a small network; specifically, Alarra, Joosbawx, Korith (me), Selrahc and Tharj's votes form a complete circuit. No other circuits exist.

I, for one, hold to my earlier thoughts and accuse Selrahc.

Alarra
2006-11-20, 12:16 PM
What I have seen, however, is that all cycles of votes finish with a small network; specifically, Alarra, Joosbawx, Korith (me), Selrahc and Tharj's votes form a complete circuit. No other circuits exist.

sorry, but.....what does this mean?

Korith
2006-11-20, 12:37 PM
It suggests (high likelihood) that not all of the members can be Werewolves, and not all the members can be Masons, although we could be a mix of werewolves and masons (myself being neither). The only exception would be the "tail-chasing" deception, whereby the wolves or masons vote for each other to avoid looking like a group.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-20, 04:39 PM
"Pardon me, Korith, but you seem rather adamant that Selrahc is a wolf. Would you mind recapping your evidence, please so that I might weigh its merits."

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-20, 04:46 PM
First, thanks for the great table Korith I made one at home (not nearly that good) and was trying to figure out how to do tables on the forum here.

I also didn't have any nice software or enough statistics knowledge to really analyze the data.

My vote is still based on emotional gut feeling but here it is
Tharj points at Selrahc

Korith
2006-11-20, 04:57 PM
Mostly, Llama, it's limited to a hunch. Essentially, it came down to the fact that he quickly mirrored my actions on the first and third day. He also made one of the convicting votes on the second. This manner of "vote shadowing" is a convenient "stealth wolf" tactic. Given the paranoia setting we're dealing with, stealth wolf is the ideal tactic.

While I admit it's far from conclusive evidence, it seems to be the best circumstantial evidence I have at the moment. If you have any other ideas, it would please me to hear them.

Raistlin1040
2006-11-20, 08:37 PM
Still alive!

Raistlin points at Korith

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-20, 09:21 PM
Now, why would you go and accuse Korith after appearing so suddenly? Seems a mite suspicious to me....

EKM points at Rastlin

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-20, 09:52 PM
That is indeed suspicious. Especially considering Korith has one of the better theories right now.
*Destro points at Raistlin

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-20, 11:30 PM
"I have no clue who is a wolf and whose not but I am going to stink with my suspicious from a few days ago until I am 100% proven wrong"

* Gnome Barbarian points at Alarra

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-21, 03:18 AM
*DLD watches with slight amusement as the pointing ensues*

Dispozition
2006-11-21, 04:06 AM
Gah! Always pointing with no evidence...Why me! Why am I stuck with these fools!!!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-21, 07:11 AM
(real life busy, will point tonight if night hasn't happened already)

TheChris
2006-11-21, 01:01 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but lately I've found gnome barbarian to be a bit too suspicious as of late.

*TheChris points at Gnome Barbarian

Alarra
2006-11-21, 01:14 PM
I have to agree, and it isn't just because he's pointing at me. I've had my suspicions as well.

* Alarra points at Gnome Barbarian

Kantur
2006-11-21, 02:07 PM
Tonight, despite much argueing about who should be hung, eventually decending into "We said she/he was a wolf at...!" but eventually, with grumbling and muttering about tomorrow night, the crowd start pushing Selrahc towards the hangman declaring him a wolf.
Slight problem, lack of boxes, the hangman broke the last one last night and hasn't got anymore...Hmm, this might need some logical thinking...(Quick! Who has coffee!? :smallwink:) It's decided on quickly with the accused still standing there;
A loud *crack* later, and Selrahc slumps to the ground dead! Oops, wait, nope, he's just unconcious...The hangman stands on a chair as a small group of brave villagers hold Selrahc in the air to have the noose placed round his neck.
(Wait...the hangman's standing on the chair, having Selrahc held up to him...wouldn't it have been easier to...Shush! Sorry, I'll get on with it...)
At the signal (The hangman jumping away from the wolf and taking cover behind some broken boxes), the villagers flee to a safe distance as Selrahc hangs there...

The night begins!

veecher
2006-11-21, 02:10 PM
im still convinced of alarras guilt.

veecher points at alarra.

damnit!

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-21, 03:48 PM
"Me alittle suspicious, I think everyone in this town has been alittle suspicous atleast I have stayed consistent with whom I belive to be a werewolf and am not swayed by the lies of those who are werewolves in this community"

Heads to his house for the night

evnafets
2006-11-21, 03:55 PM
The vote breakdown:
{table] Target | NumVotes | Voter(s)
Alarra| 1 |GnomeBarbarian
GnomeBarbarian | 2| Alarra, TheChris
Korith | 1 | Raistlin
Raistlin | 2 | EKM, Destro
Selrahc | 2 | Tharj, Korith
No Vote | 10 |
[/table]Selrahc got to two votes first so he was lynched?
With 18 people left alive, thats as much of a majority as you can get?
Less than 50% of you voted! Maybe thats just a standard turnout for an election?

No vote from:
Bookman
Cain
Death (of Pixies)
Dizpoziton
Lucky
MaskedLlama
Ms Elaneous
Selrahc
Tormsskull
Veecher (voted late, but wouldn't have changed anything)

B-Man
2006-11-21, 04:03 PM
B-Man's spirit roams the village, trying to see if he can find his killer.

Bookman
2006-11-21, 07:02 PM
The vote breakdown:
{table] Target | NumVotes | Voter(s)
Alarra| 1 |GnomeBarbarian
GnomeBarbarian | 2| Alarra, TheChris
Korith | 1 | Raistlin
Raistlin | 2 | EKM, Destro
Selrahc | 2 | Tharj, Korith
No Vote | 10 |
[/table]Selrahc got to two votes first so he was lynched?
With 18 people left alive, thats as much of a majority as you can get?
Less than 50% of you voted! Maybe thats just a standard turnout for an election?

No vote from:
Bookman
Cain
Death (of Pixies)
Dizpoziton
Lucky
MaskedLlama
Ms Elaneous
Selrahc
Tormsskull
Veecher (voted late, but wouldn't have changed anything)

I'm sorry but I've recently started work. Hopefully this will end before things get crazy :biggrin:

Ink
2006-11-22, 07:16 AM
The ghost of Ink wanders around the village slamming doors, breaking dishes, and going "Boo!" behind unsuspecting villagers.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-22, 07:52 AM
The ghost of Jontom Xire wanders around the village going "BOO!!" behind the ghost of Ink.

Korith
2006-11-22, 07:55 AM
Korith stirs.

It's hard to sleep with all these ghosts waking up the town!

He gets up and writes a sign: "Werewolves, my sleep shall be avenged!"

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-22, 08:18 AM
The ghost of DarkLightDragon wanders around the village going "BOO!!" behind the ghost of Jontom Xire.

Kantur
2006-11-22, 10:18 AM
Note: The update's early today since everything night-wise has been done and I don't want to rob you of valueable pointing time (i.e. I'm just about to leave for work, and won't be back for a good few hours). This day'll end at the usual time.

You enter the square in the middle of town to find that the foundations of a new house have been started. But rather than normal bricks, these appear to be made of…….cheese, cheese made from a mixture of llama milk and leprechaun. A small green hat balances atop the very well made wall. It would seem Lucky's become the latest victim...

Morning all!

Korith
2006-11-22, 10:44 AM
I hate to say it, but many signs seem to lead to Tharj again. I'm still largely convinced of his innocence, so I say it's time we stepped outside the box.

Lucky is the only one who voted for Cain, and even he switched his move in the Kyrian conflict. When I look closer at Cain, however, I see that he's only voted in those situations where the subject of his vote was hung. I don't know about the rest of you, but it seems he's one of the influences in the voting cycle.

It seems that not only has he been evading our attention, but he also seems to have had a hand in breaking a few too many ties.

Korith points at Cain

Cain, if you please, I should like to hear an explanation.

Alarra
2006-11-22, 11:10 AM
(I'm leaving town now. I hope I'll be back in time to vote before the day ends, but may not be.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-22, 11:21 AM
Hmmmm....I see a flaw in your logic, Korith. The wolves don't seem to have used "he pointed at me, so I'll kill him in his sleep" tactic thus far. Frankly, I've been looking for that tactic as a means of searching them out, but they're playing smarter than the wolves in the last village.

I'm at work so I can't elaborate yet, but I believe I may have an argument for a wolf in barbarian's clothing. Hold refrain from lynching Cain until I am home and can present an arguement.

The LLamurai points a hoof at Gnome Barbarian

Tormsskull
2006-11-22, 11:21 AM
T.S. looks around confused as can be. "I have absolutely no idea who is or is not a werewolf, besides my initial guess. Since I have received the "vote or die" telegram, I'm just pointing at:

Tormsskull points at Cain.

Until someone comes up with a better case."

TheChris
2006-11-22, 12:00 PM
I agree with Llama. Gnome Barbarian is by far the best choice right now.

*TheChris points at Gnome Barbarian

Weebl
2006-11-22, 12:24 PM
((Hey sorry guys for my lack of posts recently, My internets been down and I had no other access ))

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-22, 01:56 PM
I still can't really know who is and isn't a wolf. But this game is kind of fun, I think I'd prefer a non-paranio game but since you gotta vote I'm going with...

Tharj points at Alarra

Raistlin1040
2006-11-22, 02:09 PM
Korith makes a good point. Cain does seem likely.

Raistlin Points at Cain

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-22, 03:46 PM
Suspicions of Gnome Barbarian
-Well, its pretty good evidence actually. Keep in mind that Joosbawx was hung as a werewolf for extremely suspicious behavior and that Kyrian was afflicted with lycanthropy as well. Gnome Barbarian has shown many signs of being aligned with Joosbawx.
-On day one, whenever Evnafets pointed at Joosbawx it was Gnome Barbarian who quickly leaped to his defense saying
"If there is one thing that I am certain about this is that Joosbawx could not have done such a crime" On day one, how could he have been certain of Joosbawx's innonence unless he was a member of the same group/pack as Joosbawx. Yes, its true they could be masons, but I have already argued my logic as to why Joosbawx was a werewolf, therefore Gnome Barbarian is one as well. Plus we have seen no proof of masons existing, however, the wolves remind us each night of their presence. If we lynch Gnome Barbarian, we have a better chance of waking up to a dawn without a grisly murder scene.

Also, I should note that whenever we were about to hang the werewolf known as Joosbawx, Gnome Barbarian did place a quick vote to try to save him.

Korith
2006-11-22, 03:55 PM
Korith scratches his chin after listening to Llama's arguments.

Your arguments are persuasive. Impressive, even. They grasp detail that had not come to me. In this light, I shall change my vote.

*Korith points at Gnome Barbarian (no longer pointing at Cain)

Tormsskull
2006-11-22, 03:55 PM
*listens to the llama* "Ok, that's far better logic then I was going on before."

Tormsskull points at Gnome Barbarian

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-22, 04:18 PM
*Ms Elaneous points at Alarra.* I still find her as suspicious as I did a few days ago.

Bookman
2006-11-22, 04:28 PM
Llama's logic is the theory I didn't have time to dig up earlier. So Bookman points at Gnome Barbarian

Selrahc
2006-11-22, 04:40 PM
The ghost of Selrahc: I'm away from the village(computer) for a few days and I get hung. Sigh, whats the world coming to.:smallfrown:

Raistlin1040
2006-11-22, 04:54 PM
Raistlin reveiws Llama's argument

By Saito Jaishan! He's right! While Cain is suspicious and I still wonder about Tormsskull, Gnome Barbarian has a lot of evidence against him.

Raistlin points at Gnome

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-22, 06:11 PM
((Off to the city to celebrate end of year 11))

Well, I must vote today, and llama seems trustworthy. I am not sure how many wolves would be left (curse you paranoia), but it seems viable that they may be down to their last few.

Linked with the vote or die thing.

*Death points to the suspicious Gnome

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-22, 06:54 PM
Sings... (To Ride of the Valkyries) Kill the Gnome, Kill the Gnome, Kill the Gnome, Kill the Gnome!

Points at the Gnome, with an icy glare.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-22, 10:19 PM
At last someone produces some solid logic. I salute you Llama! Destro salutes the Llamarai, then points at Gnome Barbarian Several kumquats peek out from behind a tree.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-23, 03:10 AM
Jontom turns to Dark light Dragon.

"You know I think I know which of my two theories is correct, and it is the sneakier of the two. The one we trusted is, I believe, a wolf. We both died, and quite early, while they are still alive. I think by showing my logic and my theories so early I scared them, and the other wolves once the one we trusted reported back to the pack, and that's why I was killed. You were killed perhaps because you were my confidant."

"The Llamurai's theory supports mine from another angle. You remember I said that if the theory was true there were two people who were sure to be villagers? Well one of them is clearly under threat from several people I now consider to be wolves. If I were still alive I would be checking my notes and past voting history inline with my theory, and I believe I could probably identify most if not all of the wolves."

Jontom turns and floats off. "A pity I'm dead".

Dispozition
2006-11-23, 04:45 AM
*Dis walks out into the square and see's Lucky lying on the ground*

Awwww Carp...That's totally ruined my day...

*Dis looks around*

Well...Everyones pointing at Gnome Barbarian, and Llama seems to have areasonable reason...I think I'll just jump on the bandwagon.

* Dis points at Gnome Barbarian

((I effectively finished school today...Woot!! I only have to go to school for another 5 hours, and that's only for a few class changes next year and a few music lessons...))

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-23, 06:47 AM
((Off to the city to celebrate end of year 11))

Well, I must vote today, and llama seems trustworthy. I am not sure how many wolves would be left (curse you paranoia), but it seems viable that they may be down to their last few.

Linked with the vote or die thing.

*Death points to the suspicious Gnome ((Hooray for end of school year! Us year 10's finish next week :smallbiggrin: ))

*DLD's ghost turns back to Jontom's*

Although I hate to admit it, the wolves have been doing quite well this time 'round. As for your idea about being betrayed, I think it makes sense. But if I was indeed killed because we were allies, then why was I targeted a few days after you? Either they somehow found out afterwards, or they knew all along and tried to time it to make things look less suspicious.

*DLD takes a quick glance at the commotion going on among the living*

Yes, they are in danger...

*A sigh is heard before the ghost fades away to have a rest*

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-23, 10:59 AM
"So your logic is that consdiering I back someone up then I am obviously a werewolf. That means that everyone in this village is a werewolf because well at one point or another everyone has done an action to defend someone else. I have been very consistent with my voting thinking that Alarra was a werewolf from early on but no one listened. Then once a person listens and votes along theChris jumps up to protect Alarra. Are you afraid we are going to lynch your werewolf friend, theChris?"

He looks right at theChris...

*Gnome Barbarian points at Alarra

"My vote was not to save joosbawx but to hang the werewolf Alarra. SO lynch me if you must but tonight when you all fall asleep and your last vision is Alarra in wolf form eating your intestines then you will know that you have lost a valuable asset to this village and given the wolves an upperhand in killing all in our village. Also, I don't believe that theChris is necessarily a wolf but maybe he has some other connection to Alarra for it would be ludacris for a wolf to stand up and defend another wolf for it would be complete suicide. I don't see those vile creatures as having that much loyalty and compassion for they are killers and would likely kill each other when their are no villagers left to feed on."

Alarra
2006-11-23, 11:00 AM
I've suspected gnome barbarian for days now. I am so glad that others are now seeing it as well.

*Alarra points at Gnome Barbarian

Bookman
2006-11-23, 01:44 PM
"So your logic is that consdiering I back someone up then I am obviously a werewolf. That means that everyone in this village is a werewolf because well at one point or another everyone has done an action to defend someone else. I have been very consistent with my voting thinking that Alarra was a werewolf from early on but no one listened. Then once a person listens and votes along theChris jumps up to protect Alarra. Are you afraid we are going to lynch your werewolf friend, theChris?"

He looks right at theChris...

*Gnome Barbarian points at Alarra

"My vote was not to save joosbawx but to hang the werewolf Alarra. SO lynch me if you must but tonight when you all fall asleep and your last vision is Alarra in wolf form eating your intestines then you will know that you have lost a valuable asset to this village and given the wolves an upperhand in killing all in our village. Also, I don't believe that theChris is necessarily a wolf but maybe he has some other connection to Alarra for it would be ludacris for a wolf to stand up and defend another wolf for it would be complete suicide. I don't see those vile creatures as having that much loyalty and compassion for they are killers and would likely kill each other when their are no villagers left to feed on."

The concern is not that you defended Joos it's that you did it so CERTAINLY. It seems incredibly suspicous. Especially with Joos being so suspicous as well.

Of course The Chris is defending Alarra. They're engaged. They almost have to be villagers since we've seen what happens when someone close to you is on the oppisite side! The other discovers. It's not that hard honestly. So I would think of anyone you seem to merely be pulling a last ditch attempt at living

veecher
2006-11-23, 10:51 PM
well i guess theres no stopping the boulder comming at gnome. you can be sure that tomarrow il be pointing at alarra again.

veecher points at gnome barbarian.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-24, 04:14 AM
Umm - logic? If Gnome Barbarian is so suspicious to the point that so many people are so sure he's a wolf, and if he's been pointing at Alarra for ages and she's been pointing at him for a while, then that gives a strong implication that she's NOT a wolf. They can't both be wolves unless:

A) Alarra is a wolf and also one of the lovers and so points at wolves because she isn't really on their side.
B) Gnome and Alarra have been pointing at each other so that if one of them turns out to be a wolf the other has a watertight cover story - however I doubt that at this stage of the game the wolves would pull a stunt like that which would actually end in the lynching of a wolf, unless it all just got out of hand.

Where did Veecher learn his logic? I know I'm dead, but rank stupidity offends. The only way Veecher's comment isn't completely stupid is if he's actually a wolf and so has an agenda to get Alarra lynched, in which case it's still a stupid comment because it shows him for what he is.

Jeesh, I wish I wouldn't keep dying so early in the game. I mean did you see the stunt Alarra tried to pull here: http://www.brokenblade.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1160163595/33#33

If I'd still been alive I so would have won.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-24, 04:23 AM
((Heh. I forgot about that forum. Probably why I got found out in that game :smalltongue: ))

Kantur
2006-11-24, 05:34 AM
A truely frenzied mob, one frenzied for a good while now actually , rushes Gnome Barbarian and, with much superior strength in numbers, effortlessly takes him to the gallows, cheering heartily as the noose is tightened, then a roar of cheering akin to a sports crowd (Admittedly, a sound similar to a sports crowd of 15) as he's pushed off the chair he'd been standing on.

Night begins.

(The list of the living:
Alarra
Bookman
Cain
Death
Destro
Disposition
Eldritch Knight
Korith
Masked Llama
Ms Elaneous
Raistlin
Tharj
TheChris
Tormsskull
Veecher)

Raistlin1040
2006-11-24, 01:25 PM
Raistlin Locks his door and heads off to bed.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-24, 01:27 PM
Good grief... I'm getting a bad feeling about this night. *Ms E locks the doors to Joosbawx's home and sets up a blanket and a comfy sofa in front of the fire.*

Korith
2006-11-24, 01:27 PM
Korith activates the multilayered wards that have kept him safe thusfar

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-24, 01:56 PM
Night all. Rest in peace.

Alarra
2006-11-24, 02:17 PM
Alarra prays that they've gotten all the wolves now and locks herself securely in her house.

veecher
2006-11-24, 02:46 PM
well it looks like i was damned if i did and damned if i didnt. i only voted for gnome because my vote yesterday wasnt counted. if id voted for alarra id have been accused of protecting a werewolf and likely been suspect myself the next day. besides that, pointing at anyone else would have been completely futile.

now ghost of jontom, please stop trying to get me killed!

Joosbawx
2006-11-24, 03:17 PM
((Jontom should actually be quiet, as he is dead and all, imho.))

Selrahc
2006-11-24, 03:27 PM
Ghost of Selrahc

Time to go a haunting me thinks.

*Wanders off with a clanking of ghostly chains*

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2006-11-24, 05:09 PM
As the moon rises, and the ghosts begin to pop up from their respective zones of town, two goblin spectres appear near the door of the old abandoned smithy. The shorter, thinner ghost gives his much larger comrade the ancient peace-out gesture, used throughout the ages by people to sad/stupid/mute to say goodbye, and fades out.

The larger Fullbladder ghost, still tied to the village by means of wishing to see it through the werewolf calamity, just floats at the smithy, leaning on the door. He sends a complementary nod to the more prominent spirit of Jontom and the logic and outspokenness thereof.

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-24, 05:49 PM
His ghostly body goes above the town. In an erie loud tone.

"Innoncent blood was spilled tonight and will again be spilt in the morning"

2006-11-24, 05:52 PM
"Oh, it will be shed a good many times before the moon once more shines upon an innocent town again, Gnome. You can count on that." Fullbladder's ghost mutters quietly, but loudly enough to be heard.

Selrahc
2006-11-24, 06:06 PM
The ghost of Selrahc-
*Having spent the last several hours at work Selrahc standsa back and admires his handiwork*

Ah ha. A small pile of dirt, placed outside a doorstop. Perhaps someone will trip over it and be slightly inconvenienced. Mwahahahahaha!

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-25, 12:41 AM
*materialises near the gallows*

I wonder how many more of us it will take?

*makes spooky ghost noises*

2006-11-25, 01:25 AM
*Death joins the ghosts and make eerie noises. After all all the cool undead are doing it*

((Just a little note, may be away for the morning, off to a all night movie marathon followed by another party straight after, may post between if I can.))

Weebl
2006-11-25, 05:14 AM
((Just a quick footnote to the ghosts, please do not discuss theories during a game for it can severly alter a game. I have had complaints from players about this and I am trying to resolve this. To the bad ghosts, you know who you are.))

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-25, 10:00 AM
:smallsigh:

IM IN UR GAMEZ

WATCHING UR VILLAGEZ

Kantur
2006-11-25, 11:34 AM
You wake up the next morning and blood is spattered all over the courtyard. You look around and can't see a body but you notice Veecher is gone. And then the baker notices a smell and opens his oven. Inside is veecher roasted like a Turkey complete with stuffing.

Daytime!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-25, 04:30 PM
"Damn it! There's more." *Sits down to think, his sword resting by his side.* "Questions to answer.
1) Who is a werewolf?
2) Why am I still alive?
Answer:
1) Hmmmmm. I'm all out of solid evidence at this point. Maybe as the day unfolds, more will be revealed.
2) Atreyu once wrote of whenever they were thinking of killing someone called EKM that instead of eating him at night, they chose to try to have him lynched in the morning. Perhaps they will attempt to have me hung, or perhaps they feared the baner, or possibly I've been suspicious of masons. I hope that I haven't led an innocent mason to his death.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-25, 05:11 PM
*Ms Elaneous unlocks the door to Joosbawx's former home and moves into the crowd of spectators looking over the fresh crime scene.* Good grief, Veecher? Well, I must admit I wasn't expecting that, but I'm not too surprised. Okay, I'm still pointing at Alarra, folks. I am terribly suspicious of her reactions. They feel like overacting to me. Why put on that much of a show for every person who dies, no matter how well you knew them, unless you were trying to cover up the fact that you had a hand in their death? *Ms Elaneous observes the manner of Veecher's death.* For the love of-! That is just plain disgusting. Thanks for ruining turkey and bread for me, werewolves, thanks a lot.

Bookman
2006-11-25, 05:54 PM
Personally I find it interesting how we all were against Tharj and then some where along the line we forgot. Perhaps this is a wolf ploy against us. Maybe we should look at the beginning again.

Bookman points at Tharj

TheChris
2006-11-25, 07:43 PM
That's a really interesting point, Bookman. I wonder how he made us forget....

*TheChris points at Tharj

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-25, 10:07 PM
Nice try guys, I've looked at the record and you two (Bookman and The Chris) have voted together almost without exception. I think that is VERY suspiscous behavior, now it looks like two wolves are trying to get us to lynch another villager, ME!

Tharj points at Bookman

Joosbawx
2006-11-25, 11:25 PM
((Goodonya, Tharj.))

Dispozition
2006-11-25, 11:35 PM
*Goes into the square in the middle of town and swears upon seeing the corpe*

Another one bites the dust. Well...Bookman makes a good point...I won't deny that...I might as well go along with him.

* Dis points at Tharj

Korith
2006-11-25, 11:51 PM
As we have acted on Llama's sage advice and removed the threat posed by Gnome_Barbarian, I ask that you now join me in the case of my evidence and rid ourselves of Cain. With him removed, little should stand between us and a return to peace. What Atreyu called a flaw in my logic, I do not see as being "a flaw" persay. The only way wolves will have evaded us for this long is to shift strategies carefully each day and night. Thus, with respect to the evidence I presented you all yesterday, I issue forth my accusation.

Cain, you have failed to come forth and explain yourself. Stand thee now accused!

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-26, 12:53 AM
Nearly there...

*whistles*

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-26, 01:06 AM
Hey Korith could you update that chart of votes for us? Then we can see who is voting together, a good sign of wolf behavior.

I have stated it before and will again, I am a villager. If there is anything I can do to prove it I will. I now firmly believe that Bookman and The chris are wolves thier voting habits are nearly identical (seriously go look).

So there it is, hope you believe me if not oh well.

Dispozition
2006-11-26, 01:10 AM
Doesn't that mean that they could also be masons?

Alarra
2006-11-26, 02:19 AM
Where are you getting this data Tharj?

Chris and Bookman did not vote the same round 1.
They did rounds 2 and 3.
They did not rounds 4 and 5.
They did round 6.
Did not round 7.
Did round 8.

This means they matched about 50% of the time, which I'm willing to bet is a correlation you could find comparing any two people's votes, purely based on how few people each vote is generally split between. This strikes me as a desperate ploy to link the two people that first pointed at you.

*Alarra points at Tharj

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-26, 03:00 AM
Tharj, I have been suspicious of you since the beginning. Bookman raises an interesting question. With all the other things going on, it must have been easy to direct our suspicions elsewhere.
*Destro points at Tharj

Raistlin1040
2006-11-26, 04:13 AM
Unable to find words to describe his anger, Raistlin settles with
Pointing at Tharj

Korith
2006-11-26, 07:20 AM
Hey Korith could you update that chart of votes for us? Then we can see who is voting together, a good sign of wolf behavior.

((In a bit of a hurry this morning. I'll see what I can do later today.))

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-26, 12:39 PM
Ok The Chris and Bookman record

Round 1 different
Round 2 matched
Round 3 Matched
Round 4 Bookman didn't vote
Round 5 The Chris didn't vote
Round 6 The Chris didn't vote
Round 7 Bookman didn't vote
Round 8 Matched
Round 9 Matched

So when they have both voted they match 80% of the time and when they didn't vote it was always when the other DID vote. So out of 9 votes now only once have they differed in who they vote for. Lastly you'll notice that in round 7 The Chris voted for Gnome barbarian but he didn't get enough votes to be lynched, next round both The Chris AND Bookman voted for Gnome barbarian very early in the day.

It should be clear now that they are wolves and have been playing together the whole time (quite well I might add) and now that there are fewer people left they are voting together early in the day to get momentum against one person. If you all think I'm a wolf (your wrong) but ok, lynch me just don't forget about Bookman & The Chris next round!

PS. I think Alarra might be in on the wolf game too but I'm not sure about that one.

Alarra
2006-11-26, 02:00 PM
Tharj....if Chris didn't vote in both round 5 and 6, he'd have been culled for inactivity. Clearly your data is still wrong.

Kantur
2006-11-26, 03:49 PM
A night once more approaches the village, another is led toward the hangman. If this weren't already two hour late, I'd think of something more inventive...
Tharj is led toward the hangman, who seem now not to be the hangman since he has an axe with him.
What? I wanted a change of scene for once!
Tharj is held down on top of a large, solid wooden block as the hangman raises the axe, glinting as it catches a glimpse of the sunset's light, before bringing it down swiftly, ending whatever threat Tharj was to the village.

Nighttime begins...

B-Man
2006-11-26, 03:55 PM
B-Man's ghost materialises near the gallows.

Ouch, that's a harsh way to die...

He wanders the village, reflecting on what he has seen over the past couple of days.

evnafets
2006-11-26, 04:50 PM
No opinions, no analysis, just the base facts.
Who voted for whom on which day.
I don't think this breaks the rule about the dead talking.

{table]Votes by Day|Died|Round1|Round2|Round3|Round4|Round5|Round6 |Round7|Round8|Round9
Alarra||evnafets|Fullbladder|Tharj|Kyrian|Tussy|Jo osbawx|GnomeBarbarian|GnomeBarbarian|Tharj
B-Man|Wolf4|evnafets|Korith|Korith|x|x|x|x|x|x
Bookman||Fullbladder|Fullbladder|Deckmaster|-|Tharj|Joosbawx|-|GnomeBarbarian|Tharj
Cain||-|Fullbladder|Deckmaster|-|Tussy|Joosbawx|-|-|-
Calas / Eldritch Knight||Korith|Korith|-|-|Joosbawx|-|Raistlin|GnomeBarbarian|-
Death (of Pixies)||evnafets|-|Deckmaster|-|Llama|Korith|-|GnomeBarbarian|-
Deckmaster|Lynch3|Fullbladder|Fullbladder|B-Man|x|x|x|x|x|x
Destro Yersul||-|Tharj|no vote|Tormsskull|Tussy|Selrahc|Raistlin|GnomeBarbar ian|Tharj
Dizpoziton||-|-|Korith|Kyrian|-|Joosbawx|-|GnomeBarbarian|Tharj
DLD|Wolf7|fullbladder|Tharj|-|-|Korith|Joosbawx|x|x|x
Evnafets|Lynch1|Deckmaster|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x
ExRev8705 / Kalil / Kyrian|Lynch4|-|Fullbladder|-|-|x|x|x|x|x
Fullbladder|Lynch2|Tharj|Fullbladder|x|x|x|x|x|x|x
Gamerofthegame / Kerigan|Culled|-|Fullbladder|-|-|-|x|x|x|x
Gezina|Culled|-|-|-|-|-|x|x|x|x
GnomeBarbarian|Lynch8|evnafets|Alarra|-|Kyrian|Tussy|Alarra|Alarra|Alarra|x
Ink|Wolf6|fullbladder|Fullbladder|Deckmaster|-|Tussy|x|x|x|x
Jontom Xire|Wolf3|-|Kerigan|x|x|x|x|x|x|x
Joosbawx|Lynch6|evnafets|Fullbladder|Korith|-|-|Alarra|x|x|x
Korith||Tharj|Tharj|Selrahc|Kyrian|Selrahc|Selrahc |Selrahc|GnomeBarbarian|Cain
Lucky|Wolf8|-|-|Selrahc|Kryian|-|Korith|-|x|x
MaskedLlama||-|ExRev|-|Tussy|Tussy|Joosbawx|-|GnomeBarbarian|-
Moon_Called|Culled|-|-|-|-|-|x|x|x|x
Ms Elaneous||-|Deckmaster|Deckmaster|-|Tussy|Alarra|-|Alaraa|-
Raistlin||-|Tharj|Tharj|Tormsskull|Tormsskull|-|Korith|GnomeBarbarian|Tharj
Selrahc|Lynch7|Tharj|Fullbladder|Tharj|-|Tharj|Tharj|-|x|x
Smellie_hippie|Wolf5|-|-|-|-|x|x|x|x|x
Tharj|Lynch9|Fullbladder|Fullbladder|Korith|-|Korith|Selrahc|Selrahc|Alarra|Bookman
TheChris||Tharj|Fullbladder|Deckmaster|Kyrian|-|Joosbawx|GnomeBarbarian|GnomeBarbarian|Tharj
Tormsskull||-|Fullbladder|B-Man|-|Tussy|Alarra|-|GnomeBarbarian|-
Tusserte|Lynch5|-|-|Tharj|-|-|x|x|x|x
Veecher|Wolf9|-|Deckmaster|Tharj|-|Tharj|Alarra|-|GnomeBarbarian|x
Xylric|Culled|calas|-|-|-|-|x|x|x|x
ZRS|Wolf2|evnafets|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x
[/table]Key:
x = dead
- = no-vote

Disclaimer
The data is presented as is, and is in no way guaranteed to be 100% accurate. I'm human (even if I am dead)
The poster takes no responsibility for any lynchings that may result from the use of this data.

2006-11-26, 07:25 PM
The goblin ghost stands at the square suddenly, jumping up and down and and speaking--supposedly, because he is silent and the flapping spectral lips are moving to the beat of his own made up goblinoid language, which he made up. Occasionally he points at one of the other ghosts or one of the villagers and silently screams curses or perhaps continue to rant (it's hard to tell).

Then, three minutes later, he stops, walks off and sulks a bit.

Kantur
2006-11-26, 08:13 PM
Llamauri sits on the balcony running a brush through his matted locks.

"O Llama, LLama! wherefore art thou Llama?"

Cain wanders up the pathway calling out and the two lovers embrace

"How silver-sweet sound lovers' tongues by night,
Like softest music to attending ears!"

The werewolf gazes sadly at the cruel deed they must do as two stars fall in the sky.

"Truly they are a pair of star-crossed lovers."

The werewolf gets a glare from the others. Shakespeare is not exactly appreciated.

"Will we make it through the night my dear?"

Cain gazes into the eyes of the llama with a youthful smile playing on his face

At that time there is a call for Llama from within the hall. He quickly turns giving Cain a sly wink.

"Well then, before we are seen together. Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow"

"I am afraid that will not be so"

A hulk of a wolf jumps out and grabs Cain and in one swift yet humane motion rips open breathing space in his neck.

"This is our feast for tonight."

The llama gives a yell and rushes to the body of the corpse.

"I shall not leave, take me as well!"

"Well, llama kebabs it is with the side of Cain sauce."

The hulking wolf smiles at the wolf next to it while other mangles the body of the llama who gave himself as the ultimate sacrifice.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

"And I call thee a feast"

And so Llamauri and Cain both fall, bringing us to a new day once more.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-26, 09:02 PM
"I shall be vindicated when the truth is revealed!" screams tharj just before the axe falls (seriously)

Dispozition
2006-11-26, 09:14 PM
((Wait...Lovers...CARP!...That's bad like for us then...Isn't it...))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-26, 11:20 PM
*The llamurai is awakened to a friendly "Hiya" He looks around to see the smiling face of his cousin, Atreyu. He immediately bows his head in shame.*
"Forgive me, cousin. Apparently, I have failed to rid this town of its wolves and have failed in avenging you. But quickly, let us go find Roberts, he'll finish them off."
*Atreyu looks at his cousin with a saddened look but a playful smirk on his lips. "Don't worry about it. This revenge thing didn't work out so well for you. Why don't you relax a little and play?"
"Play? Cousin, I've been trained by Lord Hinjo to be one of his elite samurai. I've dedicated my life to his service. I don't "play."
"ummm....I know you're the more lawful of us, but even if you dedicated your life, isn't your life over? Besides one quick game of "nip the tail" won't hurt. Think of it as a training exercise in protecting your flank." *The unarmoured llama lunges for the tail of his cousin.*
*For the first time in a long time, the llamurai laughs and thwacks Atreyu with the blunt side of his sword.*
*Atreyu takes off running, laughing, charging toward a tunnel of light.*
*The llamurai takes off after him into the light. Soon both have vanished from the small town.*

(that was a lot of fun. See you all next game.)

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-27, 12:01 AM
Well, now that was interesting now wasn't it? Who's alive?

Lucky
2006-11-27, 12:03 AM
Lucky's ghost appears. Eh, don't look at me.

Dispozition
2006-11-27, 12:05 AM
((List of the living:
Alarra
Bookman
Death
Destro
Dispozition
Eldritch Knight
Korith
Ms E
Raistlin
TheChris
Tormsskull))

TheChris
2006-11-27, 12:10 AM
TheChris comes out of his shop. Fellow villagers, you have trusted me in the past and I pray that you trust me now. I have seen the untold horror of Eldritch Knight. And I know, without any shadow of a doubt, that he is an abomination! We will get through this together!

*TheChris points at Eldritch Knight

Alarra
2006-11-27, 12:14 AM
I've followed you before and believe you to be correct. Hopefully this is the last of them.

*Alarra points at Eldritch Knight

Dispozition
2006-11-27, 12:17 AM
...I dunno...I reckon you've been right the last few times though...Suppose one more couldn't hurt...

* Dis points at Eldritch Knight

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-27, 12:18 AM
(The dread pirate llama will not be seen next round because I'm calling dibs on the co-host position. The llamatar family will continue in round 5. Thank you for your patience. We now return you to your regularly schedule game of werewolf.)

Tormsskull
2006-11-27, 12:49 AM
T.S. shows up on the scene. "Well, things are getting interesting around here. Looks like the majority of our little town is agreeing, so here we go:"

Tormsskull points at Eldritch Knight.

2006-11-27, 12:59 AM
Well, I shall point my finger to the Eldritch Knight as well, at least until he explains himself.

*Death points at the Eldritch Knight.

Do you have anything to say in your defense? I doubt this far into the game there are many wolves left, as such I would like to see who stands up for you and who opposes you adamantly.

*Death then goes off and friendly pats the ghost llama as he goes into the next world.*

Krursk
2006-11-27, 01:08 AM
((can you all hurry up an get killed like flies already? Some of us are waiting for Werewolf 4))

((also *jobstealibitty* to death))

veecher
2006-11-27, 03:10 AM
i may not like how the wolves decided to off me, but at least it clears me of jontoms suspicions. heres hoping for a more interesting role in werewolf 4.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-27, 03:31 AM
Hi.

Sorry if I spoilt the game for anyone, but I didn't feel it was so much a theory as a statement of the extremely obvious. I have two much more complex (contradictory) theories that would really open up this game if I told anyone them, and have, I feel, been very good at resisting the temptation to give away names, or even genders, or even the basis for the theories.

I can't help but feel that as the game gets closer to the end, people are spending less thought on theories and analysing the evidence, and just jumping on bandwagons while at the beginning of the game when there was no evidence, people were coming out with all sorts of wild accusations and stuff.

I can't help but feel that the majority of the villagers left are enjoying this game more in the way that russian roulette is enjoyable than the way cluedo is enjoyable. Which is sad, especially since I didn't have any real chance to enjoy it in the cluedo sense which is I feel, more the point of the game.

===

Addendum:

Why don't we try some sort of staggered game. After the first 6 or so people die in one werewolf game we start a new one with a slower timeline. As people die in the main game they get added to the second game. Something like that. I'll have a think and see if I can think of a good way to make it workable.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-27, 06:40 AM
((We may be screwed, but that was AWESOME!))

Korith
2006-11-27, 07:58 AM
With my theory on Cain one to lunch, I see no choice but to jump in line and hope that TheChris is telling the truth.

Korith points at Eldritch Knight

Kantur
2006-11-27, 08:38 AM
Another short day leads to Eldritch Knight being dragged to the gallows. The now impatient village drag him by his ancles, even up the stairs to the hangman.
Right. We're really sure this time. This man is the wolf that's been harming us.
I hope you're right. Me and the other NPCs can't help hold off these things and we're starting to get nervous...
We are. Trust us.
Ok. Firing Squad do?
Yep, been ages since I've seen a good ol' firing squad death...

Eldritch Knight's taken to a nearby wall and shackled to the wall so he can't escape. A small group of NPCs have gathered with their bows and silver arrows and start firing at him until he stops moving, then a few more for luck.

Night time!

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-27, 08:51 AM
((Here's hoping for a different role next round. I've been villager twice now!

I might still get villager :smallsigh: , but here's hoping!

:smallwink: ))

*DLD appears once more and gives an evil-sounding laugh*

Huh? This day went by much quicker. Oh, and there doesn't seem to be many more people left...

*DLD prays for the villagers, then wanders off to play tricks on the other ghosts*

Tormsskull
2006-11-27, 01:10 PM
((So, once all the wolves are dead, we'll know because no one will die in the morning right? What happens if the Baner is still around, banes someone, the wolves pick him, and thus no one dies. Do we get some kind of a message stating that the person would have died?))

Bookman
2006-11-27, 01:11 PM
((So, once all the wolves are dead, we'll know because no one will die in the morning right? What happens if the Baner is still around, banes someone, the wolves pick him, and thus no one dies. Do we get some kind of a message stating that the person would have died?))

((probably that's my guess.))

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-27, 01:14 PM
-The ghost of Tharj roams the village and shakes his head at the spectacle of deciet before him-

Kantur
2006-11-27, 04:33 PM
Now, gentle townsfolk, our mystery comes to an end. Why not end it with the hanging? Well, we had some thing to prepare for you to make it more interesting...

From the wolves comes a choose your own adventure:

Nightfall
(For best effect I recommend listening to either hungry like the wolf or bark at the moon)
In this game you choose the tragedy adventure!

Night falls. A black crow flies overhead. You never did pay much attention to symbolism in class, but you are pretty sure that means good luck. You watch people dissipate; after all with all the lynching going on, the most sensible thing to do is split up.

If you are Ms Elaneous go to the house of the late Joosbawx (go to 1)
If you are a evil villainous mason or a tasty villager or even that pesky illusionist you decide to go to the town hall/tavern/museum/water amusement park so you can discuss what to do while under the influence of alcohol your forefathers (go to 7)
I had a huge argument with the manager of my local italian restaurant. But I gave him a pizza my mind.

1 You sit down at Joosbawx’s house and are reading over a manuscript. It seems to be the ancient of hydroponics. You go into the kitchen and make some tea, and cook a hotdog with sauce.
(( PAYED AVERTISMENT: for best hotdog’s at lowest prices come to Trogs, you’ll be hungry as a wolf when you see them!))
As you attempt to maneuver back to your lonely seat with a teapot, two teacups, from habit, and a hotdog, you suddenly lose you footing and the tray spills from you.

A hand shots out and stops it. A black-cloaked skeletal hand to be more specific.

“Good evening,”

*The personification of Death places the tray on the table and takes a seat*

Do you : Do the Macarena? (go to 2)
Offer Death a cup of tea (go to 3)
Stay quiet and finish the page you were reading (go to 4)

An author did all his writing from a study beneath his house. It was a very cryptic book, but it was at a bargain-basement price, so he ended up with a best cellar.

2You dance and suddenly release just how silly you look. You stand there looking sheepishly (go to 1)

If killer whales sing as other whales do, do they have an orca-stra?

I hope you don’t mind me coming here tonight *munch munch* I just thought that you would like to know a few things.

*You ponder where the food is going as it disappears down into Death’s robe and notice that the tomato sauce seems to have dripped around the hood of his cloak and is dripping on his hands. He isn’t to good with this eating thing.*

Your good friend Joosbaw was…
*Death takes a sip of the tea*
The baner.

*You give a look of panic as Death suddenly stands*
“I am afraid that not is all it seems with me as well, I am-”

*Death suddenly falls to the ground as the tea he poured onto his bones slowly start dissolving in the acid like solution, he quickly rubs it off in a frantic motion. By this time you are standing as well and you have the kettle in hand.*
“They are not tea leaves in that drink of yours…”

“I did not come her to kill you, despite what the others think.”
*Death replies as you brandish the kettle in front of you as Death stands, towering at 8 feet up in the atmosphere. Now would be a bad time to jokingly ask what the weather is like up there.*

“Back”
*You yell as Death puts out his tomato soaked hand and points to the windows of the house. As the light fades you remember this horror movie and draw a circle around you with the tea.*

*As you sit no one approaches you, you hear no door open or close, just nothing at all.*

On the other side of the door Death gives a sad smile to the house. She will be safe. After all, as those mortals say, you sometimes need to be cruel to be kind.

The End
Sign in an Egyptian funeral parlour: "Satisfaction guaranteed, or your mummy back."

4 I hope you don’t mind me coming here tonight. I just thought that you would like to know a few things.

*As you read the book, listening to Death you notice he is playing with a plant, which according to this book produces red dye..*

“Your good friend Joosbaw was”

“The baner.”

*You reply reading the name of the circled article on wolf bane In one quick motion you fling your cup and it’s contents at Death. Death suddenly falls to the ground as the tea he poured onto his bones slowly start dissolving in the acid like solution, he quickly rubs it off in a frantic motion. By this time you are standing as well and you have the kettle in hand.*
“They are not tea leaves in this drink…”

“I did not come her to kill you, despite what the others think.”
*Death replies as you brandish the kettle in front of you as Death stands, towering at 8 feet up in the atmosphere. Now would be a bad time to jokingly ask what the weather is like up there.*

“Back”
*You yell as Death puts out his tomato soaked hand and points to the windows of the house. As the light fades you remember this horror movie and draw a circle around you with the tea.*

*As you sit no one approaches you, you hear no door open or close, just nothing at all.*

On the other side of the door Death gives a sad smile to the house. She will be safe. After all, as those mortals say, you sometimes need to be cruel to be kind.

The End
What do you call a well behaved pet snake?
A civil serpent.

5You shouldn’t be able to get to this one. Go back you naughty people and play it properly.
Nothing here, go back to the story!

6Here either. Now stop that.

7 You fill in to the tow community building and marvel as a black cat runs past your path, colliding into a mirror, after having to change it’s course to go under a ladder due to you standing in the way. You do find a three leaf clover though, so that must be 3/4ths lucky, so you are pretty sure tonight will be a good one.

There are three groups:
If you are Alarra or Destro Yersul you chose to sit in a quiet corner, right under a chandelier. (go to 9)
If you are Bookman or Raistlin you find a nice place by the war fire to share stories (go to 10)
If you are one of the darn thorn-in-side all round nasty masons or Korith and TheChris, you go talk in a dark corner, in a non suspicious way. (go to 11)
The racing driver's wheel failed during the race, so he had to retire.

8 You suddenly have a heart attack from to much salt. You knew those chips would be the end of you.

The End
Resistance may be futile, but capacitance has potential.

9*You sit there and talk about Greek alphabets, your pudding date can tell talk about alpha for ages.*
“Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet). In the system of Greek numerals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_numerals) it has a value of 1. It was derived from the Phoenician letter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenician_alphabet) Aleph (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_%28letter%29). Letters that arose from Alpha include the Latin A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A) and the Cyrillic letter А (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_%28Cyrillic%29).
In both Classical Greek and Modern Greek, alpha represents the Open front unrounded vowel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_front_unrounded_vowel), /a/.
Plutarch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutarch) in Moralia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moralia) presents a discussion on the question of why the letter alpha stands first in the alphabet. Plutarch's speaker suggests that Cadmus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadmus), the Phoenician (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicia) who reputedly settled in Thebes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thebes_%28Greece%29) and introduced the alphabet to Greece, "placed alpha first because it is the Phoenician name for ox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox), which they, like Hesiod (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesiod), considered not the second or third, but the first of necessities." This refers to a passage in Works and Days (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_and_Days) by Hesiod, who advised the early Greek farmers, "First get an ox, then a woman." A simpler explanation is that it was the first letter in the Phoenician alphabet.
According to Plutarch's natural order of attribution of the vowels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vowel) to the planets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet), alpha was connected with the Moon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon). Oxen were also associated with the Moon in both early Sumerian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesopotamian_mythology) and Egyptian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egypt) religious symbolism, possibly due to the crescent shape of their horns.
Alpha, both as a symbol and term, is used to refer to or describe a variety of things, including the first or most significant occurrence of something. Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus) declares himself to be the "Alpha and Omega (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega), the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (Revelation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation) 22:13, KJV, and see also 1:8).
The uppercase letter alpha is not generally used as a symbol because it tends to be rendered identically to the uppercase latin A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A).”
*She smiles and tells you that she added this to wikipedia, although a commotion at the entrance catches your eye (go to 13 if you don’t fear death, yet go to 15 if you do.)* I used to be a heavy gambler, but now I just make mental bets. That's how I lost my mind.

10You sit and ask the other what they think about Erwin Schrödinger. Your table buddy states that anyone here could or couldn’t be a werewolf, therefore they are both at the same time.

*You take a sip of your drink and watch as the ice cubes rattle around*

But isn’t that the thing about werewolves that they are both?

*The other sees the reasoning but thinks out loud*

But the moon can tip that balance right?

*you discuss theories until you notice some commotion at the door* (go to 12 if you are alert, or go to 8 if you are still eating those chips.)

The best way to make an apple crumble is to torture it for 10 minutes.

11*A conversation happens between the two masons.*

TheChris is not alone, look at Korith, he is chanting or something, why is his eyes rolled over? Lucky told us not to trust this fellow before he died, especially since Deckmaster, and Smellie Hippie are dead already.”

“Look, TheChris acts on the level, he has helped us get many wolves, now lets never talk of this again. ”

*You hail TheChris and join him*

“Well met my friends. Do you wish to join us for a game?”

*A pack of cards can be seen on the table as TheChris replies with a smile*

We’re just waiting on a friend since five players is much better for playing poker.

*He then removes his, now almost famous, pirate like headpiece to reveal a third eye.*

You have been very good trusting in me, not many people would. Especially since here, wolves don’t revert back to their normal form once they die.

*He watches as some clouds obstruct the moon.*

“It’s a full moon tonight, it’s a pity Ms Elaneous isn’t here to see it.”

*You are hit with a sudden realization.*

“I wonder if anyone else will really be joining us here tonight?”

*As lighting strikes a dark figure silhouettes the window and the handle can be heard being turned. You lung forward and pull the heavy bar down into its place with all your strength.*

“Don’t worry, it’s just Ms. E. She is really quite harmless.”

*TheChris lazily puts a hand on your arm and as the arm makes contact you feel fur as you come into contact with TheChris, he easily tosses you aside and starts to lift the barrier off.

Just then your friend shakes Korith*

“Your friend has gone mad, do something”

*As you shake your friend hears what he is chanting.*
seer, seer, seer, seer, seer, seer, se-

*He awakes as you hand presses on his tattoo that was once hidden beneath his robes, your friend rolls his knowledge; Cults*

Gasp, Shock, other explicit! He is one of the Red Moons!

*Your friend turns as the eyes of the powerful warlock turn red and he binds your friend in fiery chains*

You can either help your friend (go to 14,) or if you want to close your eyes and chant, “this isn’t happening, its not real (go to 16) or you can dangle there helplessly (**recommended** go to 17)
How do crazy people go through the forest?They take the psycho path.

-=+Intermission+=-

12Bookman bows his head to you and with a chandelier smashing in the back ground, cinematically (well after bookman trys it twice, he had to throw the broken shards up in the air himself the second time because he messed up the first time) with moonlight rebounding off the light he rips open tshirt as muscles bound through them.

(go to 18, or 9 ¾ choice is yours)
A new car has been designed especially for the Los Angeles rush hour....
It's called a stationary wagon.

13Alarra suddenly sprouts hair and in true 80’s horror film style transforms into a huge wolf. As she throws the table she was sitting at up into the chandelier and pins you to the wall you wonder if her talking about the symbol alpha could mean anything…
(go to 18, you have no choice. I was lying about it being a chose your own adventure really. It’s this or you could go to number 9 and ¾)
I used to work at a massage parlour, but I got fired. They said I just rubbed every body up the wrong way.

14The warlock loses his patience and frys you all. You should have listened to your mother when she told you never to help your friend.

The End
They accused her of stealing the broach but they just couldn't pin it on her.

15You faint, and forget to regain consciousness. You are laughed at for the rest of eternity. What a sissy.

The End
Did you hear about the X-ray specialist who married one of his patients?
Everybody wondered what he saw in her.

16You disbelieve in it all. Everything disappears. Nice going schmuck.
The End
Q: Why did the boa constrictors get married.
A: Because they had a crush on each other.

17You dangle there helplessly as your friend is burned to a perfect eating temperature, (18 degrees Celsius. Add a bit of seasoning and it makes a great family snack)

“Et tu, brute? You say to the trusted Seer

*Intermission while Bookman chants “Dance my puppets dance”, he has this thing, we find it best to humor him. The show must go on*

“Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him”
*TheChris mocks as Korith passes him a skull of your dear friend*

“Oh, Happy dagger”
*You cry as you fumble to get your dagger, but TheChris knocks it away*

“How poor are they, they have not patience” *TheChris smiles* “It will be over soon”

*Korith speaks in the tongues of the damned, *
“Lord, what fools these mortals be”

*TheChris grins, glad that someone picked up on his idea*
“What shall we do with this thing of Darkness?”

(if you are tired of the mangled Shakespeare skip to 18)

*The two verbally joust, excluding there victim, but hold there position, so they remain dramatic.*

Same time later that night

“Ahem”
*A sound is heard from the outside, and they strike a pose, Korith does his “to hot to handle” pose, with the flames while TheChris quickly throws some of the broken chandelier into the air and then grabs you by the throat.*

(go to 18, I’m not even going to bother letting you look at 9 ¾ )
Q: What kind of engine do they use in golf carts?
A: Fore cyclinder.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif
Speak of the Devil
(Avatar by the enemy Dispozition)
*Death throws the doors open as lighting strikes*

“Oh, wait, There will be Death here tonight”

*Death gives an icy glare to bookman for forgetting his lines. Death then gives you an engaging smile as he wipes the red liquid off his claws in front of the other wolves.*

“I suppose you are wondering who we are and what we know, in true evil monologue style?”

If you say:
No, not really (go to 19)
Yes please Gramps Death (go to 20)
Did you hear about the new line of Elvis Presley-themed steakhouses?
They will be for people who love meat tender.

19 *You suddenly decide otherwise, and the words “Yes, I want to you’re your monologue” form in your mouth* (go to 20)

Two parts of the eye were discussing who told better puns. Their debate raged on, till one said to the other, "You, my friend, are simply the pupil. I am by far the cornea of the two of us."

20 *Death gives a reverent smile to Alarra, and bows as he takes over her job of restraining you/your snack of a friend.*

“My Job was that of the Alpha wolf”

*Somewhere someone smacks their head, that was what the foreshadowing was about!*

“I utilized many tools such as the wonderful llama to achieve this end. Really you should have hanged me not Joosbawx. My arch enemy was the Baner, and you guys helped in your defeat when you handed him over to us on a platter. Outside the game I infiltrated many and ruled with an iron fist as a fearful and awe inspiring leader. I mean even the writer of this knows he must compliment me on being such a wonderful, gorgeous, modest, brilliant wolf”.

*Alarra smiles sweetly*

“But deep down we are all worship/serve/sass that food of a god; Cynewulf.

*Bookman steps forward*

“My main concern was the hunter, who never did actually attack anyone…

*Bookman looks at the Ink cake*

“I also provided the comical relief for our team, I mean who goes:

What on earth could be meant by this message?

Are the wolves attempting to tell us something?

Maybe there are lovers in the village.

Or they're playing with our minds.

CURSE YOU WOLVES.

I'm currently unsure who to point at but I believe several people have good theories but I don't remember all the details so I shall let them begin them

*Bookman glares at the writer, yet again blatantly breaking the fourth wall, and his contract I should mention*

*Korith steps forward*

“My main aim was to rival the illusionist but he was resigned to being hanged as well.”
*Korith smiles to Fullbladder from the Blue Sun cult*
“I also attempted to fool lots of people by pretending to be mathematical and theoretical. You may have noticed my actual data was slightly wrong. And looking at the statistics for tonight you may find that it was only the masons and the wolves that voted…”

*As Korith steps back TheChris steps forward*

“My job was the masons. They followed like blind sheep, nice and obedient. It was easy enough with them believing I was the seer and all. Lucky was very coy though and only told me the names of a few of there members, but by the end of last night we finally knew every one of your very vile cult. Working against the wolves? How cruel!.”

*Death steps forward as well and addresses the camera*

“My main aim was to go against the fool and the seer. The very talkative ghost of JX is the fool, while B-man is actually the seer. He tasted great though, and I have been winning lottery ever since.”

*Death gives a devilish wink*

You may now plead for your life (go to 21) or plead for your life (go to 21)
Birthday candles are for people who want to make light of their age.

*Death shakes his head as you plead for your life.*

“You could have gone with honor, if only you hadn’t sunken as low as to plead.”

*Korith disintegrates the body of the well done friend in the corner and the corner plunges into darkness. Bookman grabs the man to your right and flings him against the wall and darkness envelopes that corner. TheChris lunges at the man to your left and tears into him, all of his pent up hunger finally being released. Another corner plunges to darkness. Death, with a flourish, bows to Alarra. She walks up to you clench your eyes shut.

But wait!
You remember you have Anduril, you can control the ghosts just like in LotR!

If you have the sword and you can command the legion of dead warriors (go to 22,) if not (go to 23).

22 You are trying to cheat in a chose your own adventure. For shame.

The End for the Shameful cheater
One time, I had insomnia, so I went to take some sleeping pills, but I didn't want to wake them up.

23 *Death smiles a little smile as he looks towards the house of Joosbawx, but snaps back and speaks to the souls of all around him.*

“So long and thanks for all the Villagers”

And then the community center went black.
hree of my fingers are willing to write, but my thumb and forefinger are opposed.

That’s all folks. Thanks for playing from your friendly pixie reaper; little miss alarra, TheChris (his space bar’s broken), the mastermind Korith, and the half man half book bookman.

And now, for something completly different...

Werewolf III:

Cast List:
The Wolves:
Alarra – The Alpha Wolf of the pack.
Bookman – One of the ordinary minions.
Death – Better the Devil you know…Unless you’re a villager that is…
Korith – Wicked Witch of the Wolves, helping fool the local Seer and aid the pack.
TheChris – Another minion wolf.
The Masons:
Deckmaster – The first to be hung by Kantur’s narration. Despite what some believe, it wasn’t due to boredom of trying to read it…First of the Masons to fall as well.
Disposition – Winner of a Choose Your Own Adventure
Lucky –Became the foundations of something big. Literally.
Smellie_Hippie – Also Eaten. Apparently the wolves were in a world of their own until a few hours later.
Tormsskull – Winner of a Choose Your Own Adventure
The Seer:
B-man – Eaten by the wolves, apparently they suffered from Déjà vu a lot that day…
The Baner:
Joosbawx – Safe from wolves every night, but wolfsbane doesn’t do much to halt the noose of the hangman…
The Illusionist:
Fullbladder – Accepted his fate at the gallows at the end of the second day. Or was that an illusion? No, it wasn’t. Stop being paranoid…
The Hunter:
Ink – Placed in an oven at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Apparently the chocolate powder didn’t affect the taste of the cake.
The Lovers:
The Masked Llama and Cain
The Villagers:
Cain – Half of a lovely moonlit dinner with the Llamauri.
Destro – Winner of a Choose Your Own Adventure
DarkLightDragon – The wolves decided her sword would be perfect to cut the Ink Cake for the Llama and Cain. Formed one half of the heart dedicated to them.
Eldritch Knight – Kindly dragged to his death by the wolves and the masons…
Evnafets – The first to be lynched.
Gamerofthegame – Decided to ‘hang out’ with Tussy the night they died.
Gezina – Joined Gamerofthegame and Tussy, among others, at the hangman’s noose.
Gnome Barbarian – Hung by a truly frenzied crowd, seeing the earliest sunset of the game. Actually, he didn’t…but it was a beautiful sunset.
Jonton Xire – Eaten by the wolves. Taste unknown.
Kyrian – Hung after B-Man was found dead.
Masked Llama – The meat of a moonlit dinner with the Llamauri’s lover, Cain.
Moon Called – Another feature of the mass hangings with Tussy.
Ms Elaneous – Winner of a Choose Your Own Adventure
Raistlin – Winner of a Choose Your Own Adventure
Selrahc – Proved the village didn’t always have the best of ideas when an unconscious Selrahc was held up so the hangman, standing on a chair, could attach a rope to his neck.
Tharj – Had a truly axexcellent death…(I’m sorry, I’ll never make that joke again. I promise.)
Tusserte – The main attraction of the mass hanging one evening.
Veecher – A Thankgiving meal for the wolves.
Xylric – Stood beside Tussy when Tussy was hanged. Hung beside him too.
ZombieRockStar – First eaten (Apart from Weebl), tasted like chicken apparently…*
* I might’ve made that up

Joosbawx
2006-11-27, 05:11 PM
Wow...four out of five ain't bad. That is, unless you're surrounded by a bunch of
http://www.joosbawx.com/linked/sheep.jpg

Hehhehehe. Good job, wolves. You played well, dangit.

Also, I have a quetion for the masters of the game. What would have happened in the paranoi game if the wolves had gone after someone protected by the Baner? Would we have known because there would be no death? Just curious, as my tactic relied heavily on that, which ended up causing me my life.

However, I am totally in for WWIV!!!

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-27, 05:14 PM
Oy! Hardly fair - It's not my fault that I had a class at 9 this morning that kept me from posting. Oh well. Not like it would have done anything.... At least I have the credit of being the last killed in game!

Alarra
2006-11-27, 05:16 PM
Oh hey guys, there's a thread open for registering for the next round. =)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28366

TheChris
2006-11-27, 05:17 PM
Oy! Hardly fair - It's not my fault that I had a class at 9 this morning that kept me from posting. Oh well.

Yeah, I felt a little bit bad about that one. But you villagers just seemed hellbent on not letting the game end. So I had to speed it along best I could.

Tormsskull
2006-11-27, 05:23 PM
hahaha. That's awesome. See, ALLLLLLL the way back I told you guys Alarra was a wolf, but no one believed me. Good move in not killing me Alarra, it might have shed some validity to my claims.

TheChris
2006-11-27, 05:27 PM
hahaha. That's awesome. See, ALLLLLLL the way back I told you guys Alarra was a wolf, but no one believed me. Good move in not killing me Alarra, it might have shed some validity to my claims.

Actually you were up for being killed towards the end until we found out you were a mason. Once that happened we decided to kill EK instead.

2006-11-27, 05:29 PM
And THAT'S why you should never lynch goblins! They could one day save you. Yes, that's right, I could have made peiople look like villagers to the Devil. But I had ta go lynch meself. Good jorb there, eh?

I'll roll up my sleeves and NOT use a goblin Fullbladder for WWIV. But I am most definately in. Wild Haggis couldn't keep me away.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-27, 05:36 PM
Hey, I never suspected you. Also, I lasted all the way to the end! Yay! :smallbiggrin: Too bad the choose your own adventure didn't have the option of dying honourably. I would have picked that. Good job on it, by the way, it must have been a lot of work.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-27, 05:45 PM
I still hold that everything I said was rooted in solid logic.

And really, it was worth it to see that Choose your own adventure style ending.

V I still say you could have let me and Cain live, but the fact you spent 3 days setting up our deaths makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2006-11-27, 05:48 PM
Hey, I never suspected you. Also, I lasted all the way to the end! Yay! :smallbiggrin: Too bad the choose your own adventure didn't have the option of dying honourably. I would have picked that. Good job on it, by the way, it must have been a lot of work.

There's an honourable option, you just chose the wrong way.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-27, 05:54 PM
Well actually, after I did my path I read the whole thing. I didn't find any dying honourably bits. And yes, I even read four and five. Nice touch.

Kantur
2006-11-27, 06:30 PM
Also, I have a quetion for the masters of the game. What would have happened in the paranoi game if the wolves had gone after someone protected by the Baner? Would we have known because there would be no death? Just curious, as my tactic relied heavily on that, which ended up causing me my life.

However, I am totally in for WWIV!!!

I, personally, would've had it so in the morning some scatterings of herbs could be found near the, broken, door, with a shaken, though still living, owner. So there'dve been evidence of the attack, just not a death.

2006-11-27, 06:34 PM
Ooooo. Just read it all. Nice touch. Well planned. I walked right into their 'get rid of the illusionist' plot.

evnafets
2006-11-27, 06:37 PM
Well played to the wolves. The poor villagers never had a chance after you guys lynched me in the first round ;-)
You chose your lynching targets well - always someone who hadn't been pointed at/pointing too much, so that no real conclusions could be drawn from voting patterns.

Actually I think this game was weighted very much in favour of the wolves winning. I'm not surprised none of them were lynched.
The reason is that from a villager point of view, the only info to be gleaned is from voting patterns.
The standard werewolf rule is that a majority of village left alive (ie half) need to be in favour of lynching before the lynching can proceed.

This was done in the first game, but was changed in the second because it was taking too long to get a majority.
Without that majority requirement hwoever, the wolves are free to split their vote every which way, and merge in with the villagers that much easier.
They can skip voting days without penalty, and still lynch a villager - if the villager is going to die anyway, why submit a vote?
The paranoia rules made it that much harder because the villagers don't know if they are succeeding or not. I was pretty sure that they were not.
It is only in the last few days that my suspicions solidified against Alarra/TheChris.

On day 7, the lynching was decided with a 3 way tie, two votes each to Selrahc, GnomeBarbarian and Raistlin.
2 votes to lynch someone when 18 were alive at the time (11% vote got Selrahc lynched). There is no way that days like that provide any useful info.

Proposal: that the voting rules change next game so that situations like that can't happen. Wolves won't be able to play too silent. They won't be able to split their vote too much. I know it will slow the game down, but as it is I think it gives too much advantage to the wolves.
Maybe a 33% majority? or 40%?
What do you guys think?

Dispozition
2006-11-27, 06:50 PM
You know what...I think it's my fault that we lost...Next game I'm gonna be keeping even more to my self...If that's possible...

But look on the bright side...I wasn't pointed at once!

Tormsskull
2006-11-27, 07:46 PM
You know what...I think it's my fault that we lost...Next game I'm gonna be keeping even more to my self...If that's possible...

But look on the bright side...I wasn't pointed at once!

I think I know what you are talking about. When I wasn't receiving regular updates from the "seer", I actually started to consider the possibility of an Alphawolf present that had turned you from mason to mason-wolf. I was very close to voting to lynch you, hehe.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-27, 09:12 PM
Can I add a petty "I told you so!"

By the time the voting patterns betrayed the three wolves I found "Alarra, The Chris and Bookman" it was almost too late. That round if we villagers had banded together we might have made it. But as a villager you rather have another villager lynched than yourself and so you don't want to change your vote.

The big problem for us was that whomever spoke up became a target.

Oh well Tharj'll see you in the next game.

Joosbawx
2006-11-28, 02:32 AM
I was cheering for you, Tharj. But dinnae wanna interfere with the game. Besides, how could I not root for someone that was echoing the sentiments I voiced before I was killed off, too?

Goodonya, and good luck in the next game.

Jontom Xire
2006-11-28, 03:22 AM
Part of the problem is the bandwagonners. At the end the wolves were just voting as a bloc and the villagers were just jumping on the bandwagon and making it REALLY easy for them. I mean, DUH!

I had Alarra down as either a definite wolf or a definite villager, but for the wrong reasons.

And I think having an alpha wolf in a paranoia game is so unfair. The wolves can just keep boosting their numbers!

And what was with FullBladder saying stuff that made it seem definite he was a wolf when he got lynched?? Given that he and Tharj had been voting for each other for the first two rounds made it seem definite that something was going on.

I was starting my own group of masons at the beginning of the game. DLD was the first and Tharj was the second. Pity I got eaten before I had a chance to really sort stuff out.

2006-11-28, 03:31 AM
Part of the problem is the bandwagonners. At the end the wolves were just voting as a bloc and the villagers were just jumping on the bandwagon and making it REALLY easy for them. I mean, DUH!

I had Alarra down as either a definite wolf or a definite villager, but for the wrong reasons.

And I think having an alpha wolf in a paranoia game is so unfair. The wolves can just keep boosting their numbers!

And what was with FullBladder saying stuff that made it seem definite he was a wolf when he got lynched?? Given that he and Tharj had been voting for each other for the first two rounds made it seem definite that something was going on.

I was starting my own group of masons at the beginning of the game. DLD was the first and Tharj was the second. Pity I got eaten before I had a chance to really sort stuff out.

Oh, it wasn't villagers there, that was are good ol' friends the masons.

ALso Alpha wolf just meant that Alarra chose who was on her team, not that she could boost her numbers.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-28, 03:37 AM
Werewolves, let me say that this game was TOTALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME even though I was dead!

You manage to trick us into lynching the Baner. That in itself is very smart.

Another thing I was amazed at was how easily you fooled us all. The two (live) people I (mostly) trusted turned out to be wolves, and most of the people I was suspi-

*intermittent thought*

"I KNEW KORITH WAS ONE OF THEM!"

*moving right along...*

...suspicous of turned out to be villagers.

Best. Game. EVER!

My second thoughts on the game: Jontom is an idiot.

But he's not really. I mean it in a funny way. It's pretty amusing for me, looking at the cast list...

...And I did tell him that I thought Korith was acting funny. I also start laughing when I remember myself pointing at Korith to avoid getting culled!

*laugh*

*has a big grin on her face*

Korith
2006-11-28, 07:45 AM
*intermittent thought*

"I KNEW KORITH WAS ONE OF THEM!"

*moving right along...*

My dear DLD,
Had you not pointed at me when you did, there is no doubt that others would soon grow to suspect me. The best place for a wolf to be is accused once or twice, for once the suspician fades it seldom returns.

Joosbawx
2006-11-28, 10:11 AM
I had Alarra down as either a definite wolf or a definite villager, but for the wrong reasons...

...Pity I got eaten before I had a chance to really sort stuff out.

How can you expect anyone to take a statement like that seriously? I think the only thing that you did was to confuse anyone that tried to decipher your 'theories' or put too much (any) credit into them.

However, I think I say that because of the annoyance factor of the dead and gone continuing to pontificate and attempt to influence the game long after they've been culled. The matter has already been addressed for the new game, so I'll stand down from my soapbox.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-28, 10:14 AM
sorry Joosbawx :smalleek: i thought you were a closet furry. i really did.

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-28, 10:17 AM
I knew allara and thechris were suspicious... no one ever listens to the gnome

Deckmaster
2006-11-28, 10:36 AM
See, I told you I wasn't a wolf.

Kantur
2006-11-28, 10:39 AM
Someone just say something about supicious things? :smallwink:

Bookman
2006-11-28, 11:55 AM

Actually we sorta kinda convinced the Masons that TheChris was a seer :biggrin:

Ain't we a stinkah?

And yes the alpha wolf only chose the starting wolves. I imagine if it worked they way you mentioned then they could use that power ONCE.

Cain2005
2006-11-28, 12:39 PM
The Ghost of Cain stands up from his grave, "Well, I guess thats what I get for taking a six day nap," he sighs, and yawns before going back into the earth.

Lucky
2006-11-28, 01:18 PM
Damnit! Every other time I trusted my instinct... but this time around I let Alarra sweet-talk me out of having her hung! Gah! Though I still had Korith in my sites up until my death.

PLUS I knew Chris wasn't the Seer... A Wolf? I did not know as much.

The rest of the wolves I was just clueless about. Well played!

Joosbawx
2006-11-28, 02:52 PM
sorry Joosbawx :smalleek: i thought you were a closet furry. i really did.

No worries, my soft pelted friend. I had my suspicions about you, also. Bookman deserves the academy award, I believe, for convincing others that anyone who stepped forward to say 'I know such-and-such' should be hung on general principles. Nicely done. I'm jealous of the fleece (no offense, Llama) they pulled over our eyes. :smalltongue:

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-29, 08:12 AM
My dear DLD,
Had you not pointed at me when you did, there is no doubt that others would soon grow to suspect me. The best place for a wolf to be is accused once or twice, for once the suspician fades it seldom returns. That sounds like a cheesy monologuing villain... heheh...

:smallredface:

Anyway, when you commenting after I pointed at you NEARLY worked. Not quite, though.

2006-11-29, 09:53 AM
I know, those wolves never pulled anything over me though, I saw right through them!

As a matter of fact, I got 5/5 on first turn.

Actually though, I was wondering if TheChris and Alarra were going to be lovers....

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-29, 10:13 AM
^ Other lovers combinations that I think would be funny:

Me (DLD)/Jontom
Death/Joosbawx :smallbiggrin:
Lucky/Bookman
Korith/ZRS (If he joins)(*laughter*)

Korith
2006-11-29, 10:40 AM

Hmm, ZRS hasn't been too active lately. Probably that exam time and all. Maybe it'll happen in round 5, but I don't see it going on this time around.

Bookman
2006-11-29, 11:31 AM
Actually I came very close to being suspicous of Korith near the end game with his pointing at Alarra :biggrin:

Jontom Xire
2006-11-29, 12:42 PM
^ Other lovers combinations that I think would be funny:

Me (DLD)/Jontom
Death/Joosbawx :smallbiggrin:
Lucky/Bookman

Oooh. I think DLD fancies me ;)

Mind you I kinda fancy her too. I love her wings. They're bigger than mine and all silvery.

Weebl
2006-11-29, 12:45 PM
Another funny lover combo would be Bookman and B-Man. The two dogs always did have a thing for each other.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-29, 01:20 PM
I did fairly well and had lots of fun in this game despite the frusteration of not really being able to do anything. I did have a 40% record of voting for the wolves.

So I'm looking forward to the next one