PDA

View Full Version : Pendragon 5e Splats

Water_Bear
2012-12-30, 03:30 PM
I've heard a lot about King Arthur's Pendragon and managed to snag a copy of the 5e core book to look over and see if it's worth putting together a new game to play it. So far it looks like you can run a good game out of just that book, but the idea of playing Knights from Salisbury exclusively chaffes a bit. That and the fact that the book is pretty thin on rules, so additional mechanics for things like managing fiefs and conducting battles would really help.

But, at the same time, the four rules splats I've seen for 5e cost like $60 all together and I'm not fond of throwing down money on books I don't know anything about. Can anyone vouch for the Book of the Manor, Book of the Entourage, Book of Knights and Ladies, and Book of Armies? Also, what are people's opinions on the Grand Pendragon Campaign?

Jay R
2012-12-30, 09:30 PM
I recommend that you hit some used book stores. You may find an earlier version of the rules and the scenario books for less total money.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-12-31, 09:42 AM
I have no idea on the splats, but I have heard nothing less than awesome about the Great Pendragon Campaign; it is supposedly utterly epic.

Also, the earlier editions of Pendragon are generally compatible with 5E (even 1st Edition), as I hear tell, so you could just grab splats for earlier editions.