PDA

View Full Version : Sahuagin PC, land-based campaign

Agahnim
2012-12-30, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone ! I'm looking for some advice.
I'm currently playing a campaign as a rogue, and it will soon come at its end.
Our cleric is a huge *******. He didn't get it at all when he chose his class, and he pretty much plays it like a barbarian. Although he claims to be Good-aligned, he clearly is evil (he even PREPARES Inflict xxx spells instead of restorations and such, just for the rare cases when he can't hack away in melee). He is even worse than the actual barbarian, because he is greedy as ****, he demands that we follow his god's principles (or rather his own, because even a Lawful Good god is less painful to follow than him) and he keeps yelling orders at us even though he is a total moron. Also he never shuts the hell up and demands to be the party's face, even though he has 6 CHA (yeah, a cleric, don't ask him, he'll yell at you).
Anyway. The guy who plays the priest wants to play an evil character in the new campaign, because he's sick of pretending to be good-aligned (unless he actually thinks he's playing a Good cleric, in which case his next character will have to be even worse, and I don't want to try to imagine it).
And since the guy is an ******* with no grasp on alignments, if WE are not evil, he will kill us all. So we have to play evil characters too.

Which leads me to my point. I was hesitating between a plain Human Fighter, with a lot of fluff and as a good example against munchkins, and some kind of exotic monster which would be funny but would make the campaign less serious. But since I had to play an Evil creature, and didn't want to play an Evil human fighter, I chose the second option and started to search for a bipedal, evil race (which gave a LOT of results, as one would expect).
I chose the sahuagin because it seemed like a nice challenge to survive out of water. Plus, I loved the illustration from the Monster Manual. I first wanted him to be a monk, but since nobody seems to be planning on playing a cleric, I thought I should play a support spellcaster. That's why I chose to play a druid.
Anyway, my sahuagin druid's background is ready (neutral evil), and I already spotted some nice water-related spells which will stick nicely to the character.
Before you suggest it, I'm not allowed to use easy means to bypass my limited air-breathing (such as that cheap mask which would allow me to breathe air easily). I think it's more fun if I have to find pools or streams or to Create Water twice a day, and my GM agrees.TL;DR : Sahuagin druid, land-based campaign
The actual questions are :
- Which animal companion should I pick ? I find the crocodile kinda slow, and it would make me even more likely to get killed on sight anywhere civilized.
- Which creature should I Wildshape into ?
Both these questions wouldn't exist if I played the Storm Druid variant, but it really sucks.
Also, I'm not looking for munchkin advice, such as broken spell/feat/item combos or item suggestions assuming that I'm level 20 with tons of gp. I'm going to start at level one (yeah, no level adjustment, I got nerfed).