PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys post your characters??

korinthVloss
2012-12-30, 07:57 PM
hi guys i was just wondering where you post your 3.5 characters so i can see the difrent creations? i know you have build competitions some times and i want to see what you guys come up with

Darth Stabber
2012-12-30, 08:26 PM
I usually just post my stuff in the thread to which it's relevant. If you want a separate site, a lot of people use mythweavers.

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 08:26 PM
thetangledweb is the other site that does that.

I think we have a build nexus. If I am lucky, Morcleon will see that I posted here and give you the link. Also, check out the Zinc Saucier and Iron Chef threads.

I could drown you in builds off the top of my, but I think the idea of a competition is to do it yourself.

Morcleon
2012-12-30, 08:39 PM
There's also the dndonlinegames.com character sheets, but it's slower compared to the other two.

@Snow: Heh... you know me so well. :smallamused: Although I must ask, what build nexus? Never heard of it. :smallconfused: I did some googling and Complete Collection of Character Build Link (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19649074/The_Complete_Collection_of_Character_Build_Links), Famous optimized character builds? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258580) and Builds, Builds, Wonderful Builds! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241193) are the best I could find. I suspect Snow is referring the the third, what with having posted there and all. :smallwink:

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 08:47 PM
There's also the dndonlinegames.com character sheets, but it's slower compared to the other two.

@Snow: Heh... you know me so well. :smallamused: Although I must ask, what build nexus? Never heard of it. :smallconfused: I did some googling and Complete Collection of Character Build Link (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19649074/The_Complete_Collection_of_Character_Build_Links), Famous optimized character builds? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258580) and Builds, Builds, Wonderful Builds! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241193) are the best I could find. I suspect Snow is referring the the third, what with having posted there and all. :smallwink:

Mind powers, Morcleon. Everyone said I couldn't have them, so I got them to prove I could!

Hehe, my Ubermount build. I should have gotten a medal for it. My Wizard levels let me give Heroics and Wraithstrike to my dragon mount, which was a familiar. And an animal companion.

I have Teleportron the Abusive as my other really public build. If someone makes a new thread and lets me double post, I'd unload all of my builds.

Morcleon
2012-12-30, 09:01 PM
Mind powers, Morcleon. Everyone said I couldn't have them, so I got them to prove I could!

Hehe, my Ubermount build. I should have gotten a medal for it. My Wizard levels let me give Heroics and Wraithstrike to my dragon mount, which was a familiar. And an animal companion.

I have Teleportron the Abusive as my other really public build. If someone makes a new thread and lets me double post, I'd unload all of my builds.

Yes, yes, you and your mind powers... :smallamused:

I've made three builds that are worthy of mention, but I don't think I've ever posted any of them anywhere. :smalltongue:
The 1 day/round Psion.
The soulbow one that gets a ridiculous amount of attacks/round, and gets to reroll all his attacks if they miss (better name needed...? :smalltongue:).
The infinite damage ardent.

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 09:06 PM
Yes, yes, you and your mind powers... :smallamused:

I've made three builds that are worthy of mention, but I don't think I've ever posted any of them anywhere. :smalltongue:
The 1 day/round Psion.
The soulbow one that gets a ridiculous amount of attacks/round, and gets to reroll all his attacks if they miss (better name needed...? :smalltongue:).
The infinite damage ardent.

What is it about psionics that lends itself to these sort of loopholes? It's not the only time I've seen people do something plane outrageous with Psi. :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2012-12-30, 09:09 PM
What is it about psionics that lends itself to these sort of loopholes? It's not the only time I've seen people do something plane outrageous with Psi. :smalltongue:

Mind powers, my dear Snow. Mind powers. :smallamused: oh lol the puns...

Also, psionics has a very freeform system compared to the vancian casting system of you have x spells per day of x level and simliar.

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 09:13 PM
Mind powers, my dear Snow. Mind powers. :smallamused: oh lol the puns...

Also, psionics has a very freeform system compared to the vancian casting system of you have x spells per day of x level and simliar.

Right. Sorry it took me any time to respond, I was busy saving my game. Mind powers
Hey Morcleon, is there a combo that moves the point where I die, -10, to a lower negative integer? I could have sworn there was, and I have a goofy use for it.

The Glyphstone
2012-12-30, 09:19 PM
Right. Sorry it took me any time to respond, I was busy saving my game. Mind powers
Hey Morcleon, is there a combo that moves the point where I die, -10, to a lower negative integer? I could have sworn there was, and I have a goofy use for it.

The Rageclaws soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum can do this, lowering the threshold by 3 (-13, -16, etc.) for each Essentia invested.

Morcleon
2012-12-30, 09:19 PM

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, or from basic googling. The Knight class feature and the Devoted Spirit stance both allow surviving below -10, but don't actually move the limit.

If you're gonna move into homebrew area, then there's the Tome of Radiance Champion class and the Tome feat Great Fortitude.

What were you gonna use it for? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Meh, ninja'ed. And more effectively too... :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 09:32 PM
The Rageclaws soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum can do this, lowering the threshold by 3 (-13, -16, etc.) for each Essentia invested.

I need more! MORE!Thanks man, but I was thinking in the "- your hp total" range.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, or from basic googling. The Knight class feature and the Devoted Spirit stance both allow surviving below -10, but don't actually move the limit.

If you're gonna move into homebrew area, then there's the Tome of Radiance Champion class and the Tome feat Great Fortitude.

What were you gonna use it for? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Meh, ninja'ed. And more effectively too... :smalltongue:

Nah, I was thinking crusader, but the investment is too high, and I am looking for a away to just not die at -10, regardless of whether or not you would stay conscious.

Morcleon
2012-12-30, 09:47 PM
I need more! MORE!Thanks man, but I was thinking in the "- your hp total" range.

Nah, I was thinking crusader, but the investment is too high, and I am looking for a away to just not die at -10, regardless of whether or not you would stay conscious.

The only way to get extra essentia from a magic item is the Ring of Essentia, but someone else has to donate it first. There's two ways to do this:

Cast soul boon on someone (including yourself, if need be), have them donate their temporary essentia into the ring. Although the temporary essentia is supposed to dissipate in 1 minute, the description of the ring says: "The essentia stored within the ring remains for 24 hours before it dissipates." You could interpret this to mean the ring overrides the 1-minute duration with its own, but you'll want to clear that with your DM first.

Get a psicrystal and take the Psycarnum Crystal feat. When your psicrystal is within arm's reach, you gain 1 essentia. Put this into the ring. Walk away from your psicrystal, walk back, gain another 1 essentia. You can repeat this for as many Rings of Essentia as you can get your hands on (MIC reduced the price to 6000 GP per ring).

The best way to get ahold of some extra essentia is to use Psycarnum Infusion + Psionic Meditation to treat one of your soulmelds/feats/etc. as if it were at maximum capacity. With hustle (available via Psicrown of the Evader if need be), you can do this as a swift action... and there's probably an infinite loop trick in there somewhere, but I'm not all that familiar with psionics.

^^^ Found infinite essentia loop.

As for essentia capacity, there are the incarnum foci from the MIC/MoI, but those cap out at your Con modifier. If you could find a way to get a bunch of Improved Essentia Capacity feats, then you could use that too (make it a fighter bonus feat and use heroics?).

Venger
2012-12-30, 10:47 PM
hi guys i was just wondering where you post your 3.5 characters so i can see the difrent creations? i know you have build competitions some times and i want to see what you guys come up with

the build competitions you're referring to are (I think) the iron chef (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263173) contests we do roughly once a month. there's december's, with links to all the previous ones in the OP. they showcase a lot of different build styles, tricks, and the like.

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 11:29 PM
^^^ Found infinite essentia loop.

As for essentia capacity, there are the incarnum foci from the MIC/MoI, but those cap out at your Con modifier. If you could find a way to get a bunch of Improved Essentia Capacity feats, then you could use that too (make it a fighter bonus feat and use heroics?).

Argh. Whatever. I was going to have Marrussult's ability to stay conscious pas dying to have a ton of health.

Morcleon
2012-12-30, 11:40 PM
Argh. Whatever. I was going to have Marrussult's ability to stay conscious pas dying to have a ton of health.

Who? :smallconfused:

Snowbluff
2012-12-30, 11:43 PM
Who? :smallconfused:

Do you have Sandstorm? Page 170.

I prefer Marrulurk. It's like being a Full BaB level 3 rogue with Death Attack and Blindsense.

Morcleon
2012-12-31, 12:02 AM
Do you have Sandstorm? Page 170.

I prefer Marrulurk. It's like being a Full BaB level 3 rogue with Death Attack and Blindsense.

Oh. Cool.

But as with most things, optimizing HP is much easier with psionics. :smallwink:

Snowbluff
2012-12-31, 12:05 AM
Oh. Cool.

But as with most things, optimizing HP is much easier with psionics. :smallwink:

Yeah, but everyone has already done it with mind powers. :smallfrown:

The Glyphstone
2012-12-31, 12:07 AM

There's always Persistent Delay Death.

Snowbluff
2012-12-31, 12:10 AM
There's always Persistent Delay Death.

Everyone has already done that, toooo! Even me! :smallfrown:

Morcleon
2012-12-31, 12:38 AM
Everyone has already done that, toooo! Even me! :smallfrown:

That's the problem, isn't it? There's no new official material for 3.5, and most of the tricks have already been discovered.

Although, if you really want to try to find a new trick, I'll help! :smallbiggrin: