PDA

View Full Version : Curious George

danzibr
2012-12-30, 08:07 PM
I'm watching the new Curious George shows ('cause it's all my son ever wants to watch) and would like to talk about it a bit (two things, really).

I think it's a clever show at times. It keeps me entertained and my son freakin' loves it. Essentially they have an intelligent toddler getting into all sorts of crap but they swap out the toddler with a monkey.

First of all, the man in the yellow hat, abbreviated tMitYH, is a total playboy. He owns a country home and an apartment and, despite mentioning having a job in a couple episodes, seems to barely work. Plus he has like a bajillion interests. He's even been in outer freakin' space (I haven't seen this episode but he mentioned it). He's quite the fellow.

On the other hand, tMitYH is... well, he has his problems. He's a terrible parent, so to speak. His monkey's gotten into so much trouble and caused so much damage. He must be rich because of all the things he's probably been sued over yet still keeps his monkey around. He also assumes his monkey understands everything he says and puts waaaaaaay too much trust in his monkey.

Plus I think he and Professor Wiseman have something going on. There was one episode where he was supposed to do something very briefly with the professor and they were gone for a long time.

Your thoughts on this show?