PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Soulknife Question about the soulblade

SylvanPrincess
2012-12-31, 12:19 AM
if i pick 2 handed weapon as my mind blade with the soulknife psionic class, can i determine what the weapon is? i know it has set damage, etc, but could i call it an elven curve blade and benefit from weapon finesse?

thanks guys!

Deathkeeper
2012-12-31, 12:23 AM
The mind blade has its own set stats, which is why you need to use a blade skill to change the critical threat. Therefore, you can't just give it the abilities of another weapon even if looks identical flavor-wise. I would say no.

Psyren
2012-12-31, 08:15 AM
LordDeathKeeper is correct - while you can make your mind blade look like nearly any weapon, it will still keep its standard stats.

In addition, you specifically cannot use Weapon Finesse on a 2H MB:

The soulknife can use feats such as Weapon Finesse that work on light weapons with her mind blade, but such feats only work on mind blades in a light weapon form.

Note that even if you could transform your mind blade into a ECB, ECBs are not light weapons - they simply have an exception to the "only finesse with light" rule.

meemaas
2012-12-31, 09:09 AM
However. Psionics Expanded released two blade skills that help support the idea. First is Emulate Melee weapon. Which allows you to turn your mind blade into a specific melee weapon. The other is mind blade finesse, which allows you to finesse your mind blade in any form. There's even an archetype that forces Agile onto your weapon in that book.

SylvanPrincess
2012-12-31, 10:33 AM
However. Psionics Expanded released two blade skills that help support the idea. First is Emulate Melee weapon. Which allows you to turn your mind blade into a specific melee weapon. The other is mind blade finesse, which allows you to finesse your mind blade in any form. There's even an archetype that forces Agile onto your weapon in that book.

this stuff isnt listed on the srdPF site though?

Psyren
2012-12-31, 10:59 AM
this stuff isnt listed on the srdPF site though?

Psionics Expanded content isn't up there yet, no. I think they're waiting for Ultimate Psionics to be released, as it contains errata.

And yes, with the Bladeskills mentioned above you can do this - but not with the base mind blade.

meemaas
2012-12-31, 04:33 PM
Actually, there's just so few people working on that specific book that its been heavily delayed. I hope to be finished by February, but if I'm lucky we'll have it up sooner than that. Cant put anything live until its all done though.

Psyren
2012-12-31, 04:51 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear it's being worked on!

meemaas
2012-12-31, 04:52 PM
I signed on specifically to see that content released.

SylvanPrincess
2013-01-01, 01:29 PM
hmm, ok thanks! guess ima have to buy the book then, which is tough cuz i only wanna look at it- my character is a corsair1/ninja2 right now. i am interested in going elocater later maybe- which means i cant use soulknife anyway.. but yeah, half-elf with elven curve blade prof, with weapon finnese is my basis right now. more later, gotta run to work