PDA

View Full Version : Claremont Academy Game Diary

Supercrazy DM
2012-12-31, 03:32 AM
Hey everyone. Recently, my GM and I for Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition wanted to run a solo game. I've always expressed a large interest in Dragonball Z and he has wanted to try out the Claremont Academy Setting. So we decided that I would be basically a Saiyan who arrived from another dimension. My planet was under attack and to escape my character used an experimental portal that shifted him to a different reality. This is in 2E by the way.

The character then appeared in the middle of Freedom City in a blast and wave of energy. Soon after some of the students from the Academy who were nearby began to attack my character as the blast wave had injured many people and had caused several cars to explode. The purpose was to have me be captured and also to show how powerful this outside was. My GM let me build a PL 10 character which is high for the Claremont setting, but since I will be doing many adventures alone or with little support he felt it warranted it. We battled until my character fell unconscious. We agreed to not use hero points as well just to see the pure power of both sides. So here goes.

------------------
Act 1 Genesis

Gorvan appears in a flash of energy and light. Pure energy cascades over him and he appears in the middle of Freedom City. Bodies fly through the air and cars explode that are parked as the energy races over and out of the portal that is now gone.

Cries come out from the crowd cries of pain. Gorvan look around this strange new place and with existing and looking around for, but a few seconds he suddenly sees a flash of lightning coming down towards him. Quickly he dodges and sees three young people a girl, a guy with two hammers and a large silver metallic figure rushing towards him.

The girl reaches him first almost before Gorvan could react. She quickly struck at him her hands a flurry. Gorvan could only take the blows on his arms sporting bruises for sure. Surprised by the girls quickness Gorvan threw his arms out towards her and managed to grab her by one arm. Swinging her around he throws her hard towards the guy with two hammers.

She hits the boy her head clanging off of one of the hammers, but she manages to quickly get back on her feet. The boy while running forward brandishes his hammers together and a clap is heard as lightning streaks out towards Gorvan. This time it comes too quickly and Gorvan takes the electricity through his body shaking with convulsions.

The metallic man runs closer and draws near just as the girl races towards Gorvan again. This time however, he anticipates her blows and dodges them all neatly. Annoyed at being attacked while being there for less than minute Gorvan gathers a huge amount of energy in his hands. He releases it towards the metallic man. The ball of white energy hits him and while powerful, it does little to stop him or hurt him.

The man with the hammers claps lightning once again, but it misses due to the melee. However, just as soon as he is dodging that Gorvan sees that the metallic man is coming at him once more. Dodging underneath his blows Gorvan takes to the skies reaching 50 feet into the air. Gathering his energy he blasts it once more into his foes this time at the girl.

The ball of blue-white energy envelops her and sends her flying away into a nearby parked car. He body is riddled with bruises and she barely stirs.

Howling with rage the man with the hammers starts swinging them together. Gorvan hears a blast of wind come from above him and it rushes towards the ground. He dodges it in midair and watches as the air burst hits the ground scattering debris.

The metallic man pauses for a moment and bends his legs together. He jumps 20 feet into the air and lands atop of a nearby building. Gorvan pauses for a moment and watches the girl on the ground who is struggling to get up. He races down towards her and with a mighty blow of his leg snapping down crushes her skull against the ground. Blood spurts from her mouth and she falls unconscious.

The man with the two hammers howls enraged and charges at Gorvan. He swings them in an uppercut and Gorvan's head snaps back at the power of the blow. The metal man jumps down and tries to grab Gorvan's arms and manages to lock hold with Gorvans arms behind him. Gorvan gathers energy in his hands and blasts it backwards into the metal man. He hits him and the man drops Gorvan. No sooner than that however the man with the hammars swings again although this time Gorvan is much faster. Dodging the blow he grabs the man and flies quickly into the air to height of a couple of hundred feet. He then drops him and hears the metallics man's cries as his comrade falls.

Wishing to end this Gorvan races back towards the ground. There is a small crater where the man with hammers lies. He lies barely breathing, but unmoving with a small pool of blood coming out from under his body. The man and women's companion grins and laughs at him which Gorvan finds strange.

A woman appears wearing blue pants with a red and white shirt with white stars emblazoned on it. She goes over quickly to the man who fell and her hands rush over him a glow.

At the same time a body appears in a great bronze suit. He lands on the ground with a thud and both him and Gorvan take a moment to assess one another. Quickly moving before he can react Gorvan raises his hands up to release a terrifying ball of energy. Even he has to brace himself before he releases it.

It races towards the suited man and strikes him head on. The ball envelops him and crushes the ground beneath him as it explodes. The armor however remains unrent and unbroken. The man stands up and laughs and says I'll give it to you. You have more more than most your age. But I cannot be killed. The man raises his own hands and blasts Gorvan with a wave of equally terrifying energy. Which, Gorvan easily manages to duck under. Seeing that he has nothing left to lose Gorvan gathers more energy than he ever has and releases it all at once.

He is surprised when the ball of energy actually hits the man. The man lets out an audible sign of pain as it causes a deep furrow of metal to go into his body crimping it and crushing bone. The man looks at him amazed at the power of the boy and says What are you?

Before he can answer there is a massive clap of thunder and a flash of light and all goes silent for Gorvan.

-----------------------------

End of Act 1

Summary: Gorvan did very well in the fight. He managed to incapacitate Relentless fairly early on in the fight which was good considering how she had the best chance of actually hitting him. By the time that he fought Magni he was quite annoyed and had three bruised conditions upon him. He decided to drop him to end the fight as he could finish Dauntless most likely by himself. However, even my GM was surprised by how well I played the character and taking the advantage of flight. He had Lady Liberty fly and Daedalus to heal and fight me. However, he grew worried when I managed to roll actually hit Daedalus and only an excellent roll kept him from being seriously hurt. He had planned on Captain Thunder appearing out of nowhere and incapacitating me if it seemed Daedalus could not handle me.

Overall I think it went well in terms of proving my characters strength. My character can reasonably take on a group of 3 PL 8 characters provided none of them have flight. It also helped that I rolled well as if I hadn't I most likely would have just incapacitated Relentless and injured Magni.

The next installment coming later today will detail what happened afterwords. If you have any questions please ask or any comments I would appreciate it.