PDA

View Full Version : Strong Warrior Pathfinder

Flik9999
2012-12-31, 04:35 AM
Hey for a challenge I am going to be playing warrior in an upcoming mini campaign. My group rarely optimises so im thinking that an optimised warrior might still be relativly good, if I choose the correct feats and traits.

Just core races so ill be going with human for the extra feat.

We use these for stats (Not allowed to roll or use point buy): 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/npc-classes/warrior

navar100
2012-12-31, 01:13 PM
Make the 15 a 17 with racial bonus, and put it in Strength. Put the 14 in Constitution and use favored class bonus for hit points. Put the 13 or 12 in Dex or Int depending on feats you want. Put the 10 in Wisdom, 8 in Charisma. Play a Fighter or Barbarian with Power Attack wielding a greatsword. Everything else suit to taste.

Consider Furious Focus for human bonus feat - no minus to hit on first attack when using Power Attack. Still useful even when you get more attacks at higher level, especially for occasions when you're only getting one attack anyway because you moved/charged.

Eldariel
2012-12-31, 02:02 PM
Optimizing a Warrior is as simple as it is boring. You get nothing but BAB and level-up feats so you pick one of area control or charging and pick feats for that. Charging does better with those stats, especially since you kinda lack the tools to make a good controller anyways. So yeah, go Shock Trooper/Leap Attack, profit.

Only prob is, in low optimization games, doing that much damage can easily make the game too easy and cause the DM to start building against you so I'd be wary of pumping too much output. Still, without Pounce you should be covered on that front.

Reach weapon, go into AOE control feats later.

EDIT: If feats are PF only, just go down the Power Attack line. You won't be significantly weaker than an equivalent Fighter at least early on.

Flik9999
2013-01-01, 12:40 PM
Thanks Ill just go down the power attack route with a no-dachi and Longspear.

Should also be able to get some nice skills with help of traits (I have 3)