PDA

View Full Version : Cranking up int pre-epic

Hirax
2012-12-31, 08:53 PM
Minmax forums are down, and I didn't find the ability score handbook via Google for a cached version. Am I missing anything? Fiend of possession and extract gift are intentionally left out, I'd like to avoid things that depend on an extended amount of interaction with NPCs (FoP), even if they can be dominated, and there isn't really a good way to get extract gift to give more than a +8 bonus to int. Things that can't be kept up 24/7 need not apply.

18 base int.

+2 racial bonus: (gray elf, or something).

+4 deformity bonus: infect yourself with warp touch (BoVD), which has an immediate onset. If the results don't please you, use an amulet of second chances (MIC) and try again tomorrow.

+1 untyped bonus: locate and get pooped out by Worm of Minauros (FC2 magical location).

+5 untyped bonus: level ups.

+5 inherent bonus: wish or wish-like item.

+4 untyped bonus: persisted greater visage of the deity half-fiend form (SpC, obtained from competition domain).

+8 enhancement bonus: persisted necrotic empowerment (LM).

+2 alchemical bonus: be a mushroom powder addict (BoVD), as you can mitigate all the negative effects.

+3 untyped bonus: venerable age.

Good for a 24/7 int of 52. Assumed to be level 20 and ECL 0 without classes, of course. By my reckoning that's 6 bonus 1st level spells, 5 bonus 2nd-5th level spells, and 4 bonus 6th-9th level spells.

Juntao112
2012-12-31, 09:46 PM
What classes are you using? If you can squeeze in 10 levels of Chameleon, you can get an additional +6.

Hirax
2012-12-31, 09:54 PM
I didn't have a build in mind, I was just figuring 20 levels of int based caster,so no room for things without CL progression.

Runestar
2012-12-31, 10:15 PM
PAO yourself into a sarrukh for 30int? Dunno if that will stack with all your other abilities though.

Hirax
2012-12-31, 10:27 PM
PAO is out, for complicated but not insignificant reasons

Sgt. Cookie
2012-12-31, 10:33 PM
if you don't won't mind loosing a single caster level for a Dread Blossom Swarm symbiote, aside from nigh invulnerability, a bonus to some skills of your choice and 3 feats, a Maximised Empowered Awaken cast on the DBS can give you higher than a base 18 to ALL your mental stats.

Click on the Story in my sig for info. I'm on my tablet right now, so linking is a bit difficult.