PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder martial druid

Flik9999
2013-01-01, 11:17 AM
Hey is there a way to use druid simular to the way you use Druid with DMM.To buff yourself and fight well a weapon as apposed to bear form. Simular to how a cleric does it.

So far I have got Elf Alternative trait "Ancestral arms: No Dachi"

Then was thinking do the standard buff up with bulls strength and bears endurance. Go power attack line for damage, use spells such as call lightning for extra damage and can control with entangle.

Then use your wildshape for utility forms such as being able to fly.

Akal Saris
2013-01-04, 12:29 AM
There's no reason that you can't build the character this way, though I'm not aware of any PF archetypes that trade wildshape away for standard melee buffs. Once you reach level 9 (or earlier with traits to reduce metamagic costs), then buffing for combat becomes simpler with Quicken Spell.

In general it probably won't be that optimal to play, but druid is a strong enough class that in many games it won't matter too much anyhow. You could also simply play an Oracle of Nature or a Cleric of Erastil to achieve a similar flavor but with a class whose mechanics suit the style of play better.

Some useful feats: Quicken Spell, Power attack+furious focus

StreamOfTheSky
2013-01-04, 11:10 AM
Druid as-is is fine for melee combat. If you want cleric self-buffs, you could make a Samsaran Druid. That race gets 1 + initial casting modifier spells (and the race gets +2 wis, so you should have a +5 wis bonus for 6 spells) from other class list(s) that are of the same type -- arcane or divine. There's some debate on if they all have to be from the same class list or can be from multiple ones, but either way you could use this to nab cleric buff spells.

I'd recommend turning into dinosaurs like the Allosaurus once you have the right size wild shape unlocked, and if you wish to use manufactured weapons, you will later get elemental wild shape. By 12th level, you can be a huge elemental. Elementals can take humanoid forms, so you'll have hands to use weapons with, as well as speech. Just stay in air elemental form all day for perfect flight.

The Random NPC
2013-01-05, 01:54 AM
You could also grab the Ape shaman or Boar shaman archetype to get the Rage Subdomain. That grants you Rage like a Barbarian of your level and I think 3 Rage Powers.