PDA

View Full Version : Cause Nightwish, that's why

Hexalan
2013-01-01, 12:17 PM
I finally got around to listening Imaginaerum. Songs be creepy.
The one that stood out to me was Song of Myself, but not for the reasons you might think. Does that male vocal at 8 minutes remind you of anyone? Vincent Van Gogh from Doctor Who? It's eerily similar...and then there was the reference all the way back to Elvenpath when the chick says "the path under my bare feet". I squeed.

Fragenstein
2013-01-02, 07:42 AM
I finally got around to listening Imaginaerum. Songs be creepy.
The one that stood out to me was Song of Myself, but not for the reasons you might think. Does that male vocal at 8 minutes remind you of anyone? Vincent Van Gogh from Doctor Who? It's eerily similar...and then there was the reference all the way back to Elvenpath when the chick says "the path under my bare feet". I squeed.

I've had that album for almost a full year, now, and still can't stop listening to it. Tuly amazing and I look forward to some day seeing the film (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginaerum_(film)) version. And a large number of the people on "Song of Myself" sound familiar. But that's mostly due to the accents and rich charisma being used. I'm willing to bet that a deep credit search shows a bunch of people with good voices and no other real appearances.

"Slow, Love, Slow " is what I use on my alarm clock.