PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch - The Long Vigil (IC)

Maugan Ra
2013-01-01, 02:35 PM
Inquisitorial Strike vessel, Vengeance Unyielding
Veren System outskirts

The chamber is quiet, save for the soft humming of active power armour, and illuminated by naught more than flickering candles arranged around the periphery. A mortal man would find the visibility level provided by such meagre light sources woefully insufficient, limiting his vision and providing no more clue about his surroundings than the faintest impression of blocky shapes and echoing space. Fortunately, none of you have been mortal for a considerable length of time, and your enhanced senses can easily pierce the gloom to reveal the full splendor of the room around you.

It is both a cathedral and a war room, gothic statuary and ornate rolls of scripture comfortably interwoven with arcane data-looms and tactical projection machines. The Vengeance Unyielding has served one captain for several centuries now, long enough that elements of its design have been influenced by his character, and this chamber is a potent statement of that man's beliefs and ideology. War and prayer, side by side, perhaps even indistinguishable from one another.

That man awaits you in the centre of the chamber, his solid black power armour partially concealed beneath a cream colored tabard. Watch Captain Khordel, honoured veteran of the Deathwatch, crusading knight of the Black Templars chapter, and as of two weeks ago your immediate superior.

"In all of creation, there is nothing more reviled and deserving of scorn than a traitor." he says, his voice echoing in the cavernous temple and filled with a righteous sense of wrath. "The heretic may claim ignorance, the alien it's fundamental nature. Even the witch might plead an accident of birth. But for the traitor, there is nothing, save the iron promise of retribution and an eternity of divine judgement."

He looks at each of you in turn, his dark eyes evaluating you with hawk-like intensity. "Today, you deliver that retribution, my brothers. You shall deliver the Emperor's vengeance to one who saw His light, and willfully turned from it to embrace damnation. When faced with such a foul creature, the bonds of brotherhood and legacy that bind us become all the more important. You must know those who fight at your side, and they must know you."

"Speak, then. Declare your names and legacies, and know that the Emperor and His Primarchs are listening."

OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14458749#post14458749)

Grailkeeper
2013-01-01, 04:49 PM
Brother Baruchas eyed the other Astartes. Some were from chapters he recognised such as the White Scars, defenders of the Lions Gate, and The Ultramarines. The other chapters he did not recognise. His armour almost certainly predated their founding, parts of it did at least.

I am Brother Salvador Baruchas, of the Imperial Fists, the defenders of the Imperial Palace and terror of the Emperor's foes. I am glad to be in the presence of another whose chapter can claim the same title. A nod to the White Scar. I shall speak no further of my chapter, for our legacy speaks for itself and surpasses all others. It is good to be lead by another Son of Dorn.

I am here to bring woe and death unto the forces of the archenemy. None who stand in my sights shall stand for long.

DrK
2013-01-01, 04:51 PM
Standing ramrod straight and watching the room cooly Maximus glances around with a quiet and grave look. His massive frame topped with 3 studs marking 3 long centuries of service on his forehead and cold grey eyes and steel silver hair as he held his ancient mk5 helm at his side.

Giving a curt salute to the Watch Captain his eyes flickering to the Black Templar markings. Even now some 80 years into his second long watch in the Deathwatch he still had his suspicions working with some of the other chapters. The suspicious Templars and wild Space Wolves foremost among them. Answering the Captain's question his voice was deep if slightly scratchy - more used to communicating telepathically with fellow Lexicanum's in the vaults.
"Centurion Maximus Leptopolis Lexicanum of the Black Consuls Seconded to the Deathwatch strike vessel Vengeance Unyielding. I have upheld the Apocryphan Oath for over 180 years in service to the Throne and the Ordos. My deeds are wrapped in secrecy never to be spoken or lauded and my gene seed is one of the last of a near dead chapter.

I stand ready Watch Captain."

At the end of the words he gave a curt nod to the rest of the room. Ancient heresy era armour battered by 10 millenia of war and worn by countless heroes before him and his own force sword with the whit hawkhead of his dying chapter.

Hemnon
2013-01-01, 05:54 PM
Well-hidden in the dark sits Cyrax, Xeno bloodstain-streaks and spatter coloring his power armor. A camo-cloak hangs like a cape from his back. His Skintone is rather pale and his light-brown hair is streaked with a darker tone. His eyes are a dark brown color.

Death... maybe it is soon or maybe it will occur later, but one thing is certain: it will happen to each and everyone present here.

''Well met everyone. I am Cyrax of the Raptors Chapter. We are of the second founding, successor chapter of the Raven Guard. My deeds are of no greatness, only victories done in the Emperor's name, May he guide us all. He said with a hushed, yet clearly audiable voice.

Ipphli
2013-01-01, 07:29 PM
A large Space Marine steps further into the candlelight, helmet cradled in his right arm, and a power lance held casually in his left. The red lightning bolt on a white field adorning his right shoulderpad reveals him to be a White Scar, as do the three parallel scars adorning both cheeks of his sun- and wind-burned cheeks. Glancing around the room as his fellows, he gives each of them a curt nod before facing the Captain.

"I am Chuluun Morokha, son of Jaghatai Khan of the White Scars. I have rode down the enemies of the God-Emperor for over 300 cycles. My deeds are too numerous to mention here, but all have been for the Khan and the Emperor. I am honored to fight for the Deathwatch, and bring the Emperor's justice to his enemies."

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-01, 07:54 PM
A soldier just stood quietly with an enigmatic expression. You could not say he was short, but he was small compared to the others. His armor was a green-ish, old model, it was clear for everyone that it had been witness to far too many battlefields. It was a light armor, clearly designed for mobility, no heraldry to be seem anywhere, which made it hard to identify his chapter. He was nervous, out of his element. It was always hard to work with a new group, or rather it was always hard to work with anyone except for the brothers from his chapter. He knew he should be used to that after the years on the Watch, but he wasn’t. He looked around, measuring each of those who would be fighting by his side, or covering his back. There was no place for hesitation, there was work to be done. The holy hunt, those who had fallen were destined to pay, and he knew it was his destiny to make them pay, that is what he was there for. He spoke in a loud, confident voice “Lexicanum Cadmus of the Consecrators, it is a great honor to serve with you. I am sorry for words have never been my specialty, so I speak little of my past. Great is the number of battles I have fought, but far greater is my wrath at the enemies who were once on our side. Death shall come for us all, but there is no greater glory than taking it to those who betrayed our ranks sooner rather that later.”
After he had finished his introductions, he nodded to the others. He was not nervous anymore, by now his mind totally focused on the mission. This was sacred duty, and he was eager to get started.

Caimheul
2013-01-01, 10:29 PM
The chapter and speciality of the final space marine to address the assembled squad are both plainly communicated by the symbols on his right shoulder pad. The golden edging and blue field are slightly worn from years of service, while the white stylized U and the Prime Helix it surrounds both remains unblemished. "Apothecary Varen of the Ultramarines Seconded to the Deathwatch. I saw battle with the ravenous tyranids on Macragge, and aided in the subsequent cleansing of Espandor. I swear to guard my Brother's geneseed with my very life if need be. I stand ready Watch Captain."

Maugan Ra
2013-01-02, 02:22 AM
Watch-Captain Khordel nods solemnly as the last of the declarations are made. "Strong names, and proud histories. If fortune smiles, then today another entry might be added to those rolls of honour."

He taps a few keys on a nearby control panel, his massive fingers moving with delicate care, and four of the statues around the chamber begin humming softly. From within their empty eye-sockets, small white lights burn into life, and the air in the centre of the chamber is filled with the projected holographic image of a planet.

"Veren, in the Greyhell Front. Presently contested between the Imperial Guard forces of Lord Commander Ebongrave, and the Xenos Tau. Full geographical and strategic analysis of the situation there is available for your later consultation, but in short, it is presently a stalemate. The Deathwatch are here to break that stalemate."

The planet shrinks and moves to one side, to be replaced by the image of a human man in pale grey uniform. "This is Colonel Hathgar of the Landrian 240th, one of the regional commanders of the Veren war front. Two days ago, Intelligence Division analysts uncovered evidence that the man was a Tau sympathizer, who had been feeding Imperial deployment information to his xenos collaborators." Khordel continues, his face set but his eyes burning with contempt.

"They sent a team to arrest him, but the Colonel apparently had supporters within his regiment who sought to protect him. Others of his soldiers were rightly appalled at their commander's treachery, and a firefight broke out. In the confusion, Hathgar escaped and fled back to his alien masters. Intelligence believes they moved him immediately to a nearby operating base for debriefing and reassignment."

The planetary image returns to the forefront, and a blinking scarlet target indicator appears over one particular island. "That base is your target. Other Deathwatch teams will be making precision strikes at similar locations around Veren, but this one is yours. Hathgar must be terminated, both as a measure of vengeance and to prevent him from revealing too many secrets to his new superiors, and the base itself must be destroyed. No mercy, and no remorse."

Khordel looks back around at you all. "Any questions?"

DrK
2013-01-02, 06:32 AM
The librarian in the ancient armour glances at the apothecary, a hard look on his face as memories of the desperate space battles in the Maccrage system of boarding and counter boarding as he battle the hostil alien mind of the Hive and the blaze of bolters and crackle of force weapons as he fought in the narrow steel corridors. Then the landing as the landed by the tomb of the Northern Polar Fortress, filled with the great horde of the Tyranids. He looked at the apothecary. "I was part of the relief to the Northen Fortress, the snow was cold and the horde was many. I will be proud to serve alongside you."

At the Watch Captain's words he examines the planetary schematics. Watching the holo-glyphs of the Tau he murmurs to himself. "The weakness of man. Seduced by the Greater Unity of the Tau. A common occurence sadly." Looking back at the planetary telemetry he studies the glyphs marking enemy units. "What is the enemy strength? In Fire caste? In armour? In heavy weapons? ANd what are our options in terms of insertions? Is this strike vessel equipped with drop pods or shall we utilise a thunderhawk entry?

Maugan Ra
2013-01-02, 07:01 AM
"It is difficult to get a precise fix on enemy numbers - the Tau favour highly mobile and adaptable warfare, and the nature of Veren means that a considerable portion of the base is likely to be subterranean. By that same measure, however, you can likely expect the majority of your enemy to be Fire Caste infantry of one variation or another, and for the conflict to be primarily short-ranged and rapid." the Captain shakes his head. "The average fighting conditions on Veren favour us much more than the Tau, which is one of the reasons their stubborn insistence on holding it is so uncharacteristic."

"As for entry methods, a drop pod is recommended. This will, however, restrict your extraction options somewhat. Fortunately, the local Guard forces were intending to mount an assault on the base soon in any case. If you can clear out the base defenses and hold them against any counter-attack, the Guard forces will be able to secure the island that much faster. This, however, is to be considered strictly secondary to the goal of terminating Hathgar."

Ipphli
2013-01-02, 08:04 AM
Chuluun strokes his thin beard and moustache as he studies the holographic projection. Eventually he speaks, eyes still on the map. "Do we have a better map of the base? Firepoints, emplacements, entrances?"

Caimheul
2013-01-02, 08:54 AM
The apothecary bobs his head in deference to the Librarian, "And I shall be honoured to serve beside you as well."

He turns his attention to the planetary schematics, beginning to analyze them with an eye towards defending the bases position, at least as far as terrain features are concerned. Varen undergoes this mental exercise in order to mentally prepare for the task of holding out for extraction and to have some slight expectation of the deployment of enemy troops. As he learned fighting the enemies of Man, dealing with xenos strategies is often difficult as their thought processes are twisted and unholy.

Maugan Ra
2013-01-02, 09:00 AM
"Unfortunately, no. The Xenos have kept most of their base hidden, either beneath solid rock or their advanced stealth effects. We might speak in general terms, but specifics are hard to come by, especially with a short-notice deployment." Khordel does not seem very pleased by this. "Still, this is why you are being deployed. A Deathwatch team has the best chance of success in the face of such uncertain opposition."

Caimheul
2013-01-02, 09:37 AM
"Hmmm... Have the enemy forces consisted solely of Tau forces and human traitors, or have other breeds of xenos been spotted on the planet as of yet?" the apothecary inquires, referencing the Tau's practice of utilizing other xenos races as soldiers.

DrK
2013-01-02, 09:44 AM
Maximus lokos about the room before stepping forward. "I am experienced in drop pod assaults brothers. I would be honoured to lead this mission. I shall swear an Oath to destroy the xeno and the traitor."

Thinking maybe Oath of Glory or Oath of Knowledge

Looking at the table and the room of heavily armoured men he thinks and speaks carefully. "It will be difficult Brothers. I have memories of the battles beneath the ice caps and the boarding actions in numerous fleet engagements. We will need close support firepower and room clearing tools to ensure that no xeno can stand before us.

Bowing his head in prayer he listens to the others speaking as his hands flick over the punched metal discs of the Emperor's Tarot stained with gun smoke and blood that adorn his belt. What awaits us... he thinks silently to himself focusing his mind on the answer...

Unfettered Augury [roll0] TN 55+15 = 70

Maugan Ra
2013-01-02, 09:54 AM
Maximus:
You see... ghosts. Black-skinned wraiths that dance around your brothers, glaring with burning red eyes and hurling globes of azure death into exposed flanks.

"As yet, there have been no sightings of alien auxiliaries in the target region. Vespid units have been confirmed elsewhere on Veren, however."

Hemnon
2013-01-02, 12:20 PM
Cyrax have been silent for quite a while, his dark eyes scanning over the map in an attempt to find the best point of insertion along with any tactical recon positions available. Is thoughtful expression is acompanied with a frown.

Tactics (Stealth & Recon) Test.
Int 40+10?(Enhanced Sense (Sight)?)+/-N(Difficulty)=40ish vs. [roll0]
Scolastic Lore (Codex Astartes) Test
Int 40 vs. [roll1]

''I suspect that the T'au might field Stealthsuits as well. They are ideal for watching over key points, as well as spying on everyone new into their abominable religion. Watch Captain Khordel, Do we have any conclusive infomation that they are using Stealthsuits? What is our contingent of Loyalist Imperial Guard and will they recieve any reinforcements while we are on the ground?''

Maugan Ra
2013-01-02, 12:38 PM
"The chances of encountering stealth suits would be high, yes, though by their nature confirming their presence at any one location is somewhat difficult." Khordel agrees.

"As for the Imperial Guard, two entire regiments are set to move in to the attack once you signal for their approach to begin. The Landrian 240th by sea, and the Harkoni 84th by air." he looks momentarily reflective. "The Landrians specifically petitioned for the assignment, stating a desire to earn redemption for the sins of their commanding officer, and Command agreed. That said, be watchful - where there was one sympathizer, there could be others."

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-02, 01:42 PM
After evaluating the information on the screen, Cadmus closed his eyes to burn the information in his memory. He felt that man had to die today, and it would be by his hands."It is a great honour to battle with you my brothers. It would honour me even more to lead you if you wish, for I too have experience in this manner of assault. I feel the drop pods are a good option for a swift attack, and may the light of the emperor guide us." He turns to look at the commander, "Commander, any advice from your experience?"

Caimheul
2013-01-02, 03:31 PM
Varen reacts with slight surprise at the news of the Landrian 240th involvement in the assault on the Tau forward base. "Let us hope the Commissariat has a watchful eye upon the Landrians. Frankly I'm surprised they haven't been pulled out of the front line pending further investigation. But, desperate times call for desperate measures. Let us hope the remaining soldiers are loyal to the Holy Emperor."

Tactics (Defensive Doctrine) for ways a force specializing in mobility might defend a location: [roll0] TN 55

DrK
2013-01-02, 05:56 PM
Maximus joins the Ultramarine as he pours over the maps as well. Studying the layout and related positions of the troops. "I see dark shadows. Flanking and attacking with energy weapons. These xenos may have reinforcements, vespids perhaps or pathfinders. The augury was unlcear."

He looks at the the fellow son of Guillame, "Do you see an obvious avenue for attack or defence."

Invocate [roll0] TN50
Manifest possibility shield [roll1] TN 65 or 55 dependning on above (+10 to the following if possibility shield active)
Forbidden Lore (Xeno) TN 40 [roll2]
Tactics (defensive doctrine) [roll3] TN 40
Scholatstic Lore (Codex astartes) to look for drop pod insertion site [roll4] TN 50

Possibility shield adds +10 to 1 roll/ round for any ally

As he leans over the ap he bringes his psychis senses to bear helping to focus the skeins of fate and thoughs of those around him and helping the team think and move as one.

Go team buffing!

Grailkeeper
2013-01-02, 06:03 PM
There must be some deeper reason why they have failed to abandon an untenable position. Are there any reports of higher caste Tau leaders present? Did their vile propaganda hint at anything out of the ordinary.

No fortress builder lives, from the War Masons of Pertruabo to the Warp Singers of the El'dar, that can design a building capable of withstanding an assault by the Imperial fists. I shall supervise the destruction of this base. Is it of Human or Xenos construction or an amalgam of the two?

Tactics (Assault Doctrine) [roll0]v 40

Maugan Ra
2013-01-03, 04:19 AM
"No one knows why the Tau are so determined to hold onto Veren. Current theories are either that they found something here worth the effort to maintain, or that it is one large trap designed to lure in significant Imperial forces."

Test Results:
OK, between the various members of your team, you know that the Tau frequently employ drone-operated defenses for their operating bases, and studying a geological map of the island (it's mostly fairly barren and rocky, no excessive plant life) you pinpoint the most likely spots for such weapons to be placed in order to defend against a conventional attack.

Studying the map, you also identify a decent landing point for the drop pod. It's actually a water landing in a relatively sheltered bay on one side of the island. The water there is reasonably shallow, and your armour and enhancements mean you won't be inconvenienced by making a submerged landing, and it's just a short walk from there to potential entry point along the gentle coast slope. The Tau are deeply unlikely to have set up their defenses to easily track enemies attacking from under the water, either.

Khordel nods to Maximus as he watches your team conclude their discussion. "Librarian. It appears your brothers have chosen to make you their commander for this deployment." The Black Templars distaste for Psykers is legendary, but if Khordel feels any, he is keeping it well masked.

"Lead them, then, in their oaths, and then report to the launch bays. And may the Emperor and his Primarchs be with you."

DrK
2013-01-03, 09:43 AM
Maximus gives a curt salute as he leaves the chambers heading with the others down to the armoury. There as he enters the sanctum ordinatus he selects a venerable combi melta from its place of honour. The inscription Ignis furious naming the weapon.

After the weapon has been anointed with sacred ungents he selected the camouflage cloak and stummer, the chapter serfs moving swiftly and wordlessly as they handed them across along with the auspex to detect the hated enemy. Then ina private ceremony he affixed his own personal back banner with the white hawk of the black consuls and the skulled =I= of the Ordo Xenos to ensure that his battle brothers can find him in the heat of the battle. A moment in meditation and prayer and he returned to the Drop Pods to assemble with the rest of the Kill Team.

As they all arrived he dropped to one knee, head bowed and hands resting on the pommel of the heavy force sword. "I Maximus Leptopolis take my Oath. We shall not rest until the enemy is detroyed. We shall not pause in our destruction of the enemy. We shall not falter in the face of the enemy. The hated Tau will burn in the purifying flames of the holy boltgun this day and the traitor shall suffer the fate he deserves. We have fought their kind before, we know their tricks and subtleties we prevail for the glory of our father the Emperor. This we do swear and avow." Oath made he gives each man of the Kill Team a solem salute before entering the drop pod and strapping himself into the harness. Arms crossed, combi weapon and force sword in hand. Head bowed in prayer as he waited for the lanch. His sensors monitoring the rest of the squad as his armour began to link into their voxes to enable seamless communication.

Oath of Knowledge
Get either +10% to hit Tau or can reroll psychic phenomona
- can you guess which I choose :smallwink:

Enter Squad mode (Current Cohesion 9)
cohesion test [roll0] TN 9 or less

Squad Mode Abilties
Dig In
Go to Ground
Strong Point

Grailkeeper
2013-01-03, 02:13 PM
Brother Baruchas enters the armoury. The weapons of war here are of a quality matched only by those on the armoury aboard the Phalanx. Several of the weapons are of a type or design he is unfamiliar with. Heading to the heavy weapons he experiments with a number of different attachments and scopes until he settles on some he is satisfied with. He then begins to load up on appropriate ammunition.

He heads out and joins the squad as they take their first oath of moment.

Hemnon
2013-01-03, 03:03 PM
Cyrax Followed his Battle-Brothers into the armory, where his sharp eyes immidiately falls upon a beautifully crafted Bolter of the Stalker Pattern. He quickly attached his scope to it, looking through the optical lense while feeling the weight and balance of the fine weapon. His next choice of weapon was a standard Astartes Flamer, the need and use for combating large groups of hostiles being very high. Last but not least was the need for a functionable Close Combat Weapon, with the most useful and obvious one being a powersword. Lastly He gathered the ammunition and a stummer.

''These weapons will do wonders. I am ready.'' Cyrax declared as he re-attached his helmet, uttering the litanies of correct sealing and reintergration of it's machinespirit, As he joined the others and took the oath.

Caimheul
2013-01-03, 03:08 PM
The apothecary follows his Battle-Brothers to the armoury, and quickly finds the equipment he deems necessary due to the standardized layout of Deathwatch armouries. A breaching auger of exceptional craftsmanship to remove the hindrance of locked doors or collapsed passageways, and a siege auspex to allow him to spot weaknesses in walls to exploit with the auger, and a clip of Kraken rounds for his bolter to penetrate the armour of battlesuits or other well protected enemy. He carries his selections to his private chambers to undergo the armouring rituals of the Ultramarines.

His assigned chapter serfs ritualistically assist Varen in donning his armour. He emerges, holding his diagnostor helmet under one arm. This final piece of equipment he puts on following the taking of the oath, and he quickly checks the various functions of the helm, scanning his Battle-Brothers with the infralense and x-ray imager. Satisfied with the functioning of his helmet, the Apothecary takes his place in the drop pod.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-03, 05:38 PM
Cadmus entered the armory with his Battle-brothers. He carefully inspected the items available, all of very good quality. He picked a Sniper Rifle with a Laser Sight, in case they had long distance combat. It was not expected and not his favorite type of weapon, but it was always good to be prepared, he knew it better than anyone, it was engraved in his body. They the enemy would be coming in numbers, so he also selected a flamer, beautiful piece of work that was. He had used a very similar one in a campaign against Orks a few years ago. A Camo Cloak was also selected, he didn't really care much about stealth, but it was never good to be an easy target. Finally, he chose an Auspex in good order. He performed a silent ritual on the weapons, concentrated, and soon joined the others to swear the Oath.

Maugan Ra
2013-01-03, 06:06 PM
Once all the members of the Kill-Team are aboard, the drop pod doors close up and seal themselves with a faint hiss, leaving you all in red-tinged darkness. You can hear a series of loud clanking sounds from outside as the launch system moves your pod into position, and your internal Vox-links activate.

"Kill-Team Maximus, you are cleared for deployment. May the Emperor's wrath guide your blades. Launch."

The sheer force of the downwards acceleration nearly crushes you into the sturdy restraints of the harness, the interior of the pod filled with the shrieking of the atmospheric entry. Every one of your helmets displays a rapidly dwindling altitude counter in small red glyphs... and as you pass a two miles in altitude, it is joined by a small additional script: Taking Ground Fire. Then, at a hair under five hundred metres: Firing retro-thrusters. Deployment in 3...2...1...

The force of impact with the ground would have killed a mortal man, retro-thrusters or not, and despite your enhanced constitutions every one of you feels the impact rattle your very bones. Then the interior charges fire, forcing the pod doors open, and the chaos of the battlefield floods in.

Your landing appears to have been in the water, as intended, as brackish ocean water immediately floods in through the open doors, submerging you up to your waists. The force of the impact has clearly kicked up huge clouds of water vapour and sandy ocean floor, cutting visibility to near zero. Your vision enhancements kick in almost instantly, enabling you to get a vague impression of the surrounding area.

The shore is approximately twenty metres away, where the slopes of the island rise gently towards a mountainous peak further inland. Roughly thirty metres up the slope from the coast is some kind of low-lying bunker or ridge - exact details are virtually impossible to make out - and you can also make out a pair of outcroppings too regular to be mere stone at the 2 and 10 o'clock positions - turrets of some kind, presumably.

Brilliant bolts of energy are already hissing through the ocean spray around you, but the defenders are clearly somewhat uncoordinated in the face of your unexpected arrival, and the initiative is yours.

And... here we go. So, this is how I handle combat in PbP games: rather than have everyone act in individual initiative order, I like to have all of you guys act, then all of the enemies, then all of you once more. The order of actions is determined by who posts first, simple as that. I find this keeps everything flowing at a decent pace and avoids things getting too bogged down.

This being Deathwatch, I am aware that letting you coordinate so effectively with this might well prove problematic, especially with Squad Modes and the like, but hey - Space Marines.

Anyone in the team who does not post their actions within the next 24 hours is considered to miss their turn unless I have good reason to wait. So... go.

DrK
2013-01-03, 06:31 PM
As the massive thrusters kick in and the impact hammers him down Maximus readies to spring back up to his feet. His presence emboldening the squad even as the water rushes in and pulse fire and explosive send up clouds of spray all around him.

Remember the Lead By Example Squad mode
+5% for all tests, one person gets a reroll
Current Cohesion 8
- Cohesion test for the inevitable accurate/blast/devastating weapon hit
[roll0] VS 85

Wading 2m closer to the short, combiweapon and force sword in hand he swivels scanning for the largest target, eyes honing in on the bunker so close to the shore looking for the movement within that he can obliterate. Hate for the xeno wells up within him, the pschic power welling up like an unstoppable storm as crackling lightning surrounds like like an actinic blue halo before with a crackling explosion it flares off slamming into the bunker and crackling around it flowing in, around and over the small dwelling seeking living things or anything of a hostile xeno nature...

The crackling warp energy leaving all the refelective surfaces for some 20m twisting and cracking with the vast release of psychic destruction.

Half action:- move 3m (assuming half move round up in the water)
Half action:- Pushed smite!
- Focus power [roll1] TN 50+30(PR6) +10(short range)+5 squad =90 (max)
- Fate point re-roll if I fail [roll2] (4/5 left)

- Phenom [roll3]; re-roll if peril from Oath [roll4]
- If double peril [roll5]
- If not peril then all reflective surfaces within [roll6]m reflect distort or shatter
- Creates a Blast6 lightning explosion centred on the bunker window doing [roll7] PEN 6 energy damage 27E Pen 6

RF test if necssary [roll8] VS 90 and extra damages [roll9] as necessary

Maugan Ra
2013-01-03, 06:46 PM
The churning water around the Librarian is forced aside by the force of the psychic shockwave, clearing your vision and properly revealing the enemy forces. The bunker, you can clearly see now, has been built into the shadow of a natural ridge line, overhanging rock sheltering it against fire from above. It is rather wide, with firing slits along the whole length and some sort of circular door in the centre.

Of perhaps more concern are the twin turrets you can now clearly make out, which actually appear to have risen out of the ground. Each is armed with a strange looking weapon that resembles nothing so much as a bundle of small tubes strapped together, and your hypo-indoctrination kicks in instantly to identify the Xenos technology - Burst Cannons.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-03, 07:24 PM
Landing drop pods was never easy. Well, could be worse Cadmus thought...
He looks out of the pod, his trusted Force Sword in his hand, he never let go of the sword, it was too important for him. Seeing enemy fire coming from 2 points, one on each side, he sees the squad leader blasting one of them. Without thinking or caring if the attack was enough, his experience tells him the best decision is to attack the other. He swims towards the beach and focuses his mind. As lighting bursts from his hand towards his enemies, the Librarian screams "For the Emperor!!!" and they shall be smiten.

Half action: Swim for what I can, which I believe is half STR bonus for full move, so doing 1/4 STR bonus, which should amount to only 2m I believe
Half action: Unfettered smite [roll0] at the 2nd target
Damage [roll1] Pen 3
[roll2] no phenomena
[roll3] no perils

And hit it for 20 pen 3 damage (remember smite is Blast{1m x PR})

Caimheul
2013-01-03, 09:58 PM
Seeing the turrets, the Apothecary marks them as the most dangerous targets currently visible. "Take out those turrets!" he yells as he fires a shot at the nearest one.

Half action move, attempting not to bunch up but still heading in same direction as the rest of the kill team.

Half action: Single regular shot at nearest turret: [roll0] TN 50 (35 + 5 Lead + 10 Short Range (if in 50m))
Damage: [roll1] X Pen 4

15 Pen 4 damage in the left leg support strut

Errata has new weapon tables including changes to damage btw. Can be found here. (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/deathwatch/news/faq/Deathwatch%20Living%20Errata%20v1-1.pdf)

Edit: Wrong version of the errata originally linked to oops!

Ipphli
2013-01-04, 12:26 AM
Eyes closed, Chuluun mutters prayers to the Emperor and the Khan in his native Chogorian as the drop pod hurtles towards the planet below. He grips his bolter tightly in both hands, the rest of his weapons holstered or maglocked about his person. When the pod opens up, the White Scar reaches up and hits the release button, freeing him from the seat's restraints.

With a burst from his jump pack, Chuluun exits the drop pod. Thanks to Maximus' power, he has a line of sight to the two turrets and the bunker between. With another blast from his pack, he leaps over his brothers, landing far ahead of them. Raising his bolter he takes a shot at the right-hand turret.

Fire at the right hand turret with Bolter equipped with Kraken rounds.
TN 55 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Tearing [roll2]

Grailkeeper
2013-01-04, 06:20 AM
The door of the pod opens with a splash. Almost immediately hardrounds start to fly by, pinging off armour plates and splashing up in deadly lines towards the drop pod.

Barcuhas steps out and slowly wades through the brackish water, his large frame leaving a wake behind him. INTO THEM, INTO THEM.

Holding his heavy bolter above the waves created by the pods landing he opens up at the turrets I am a Son of Dorn, no fortress formed against me shall prosper!

I am using the solo mode siege master. Any cover the enemy have is halved.

Half action move towards the beach.

Half action fire full auto- my heavy bolter counts as a basic weapon and is braced thanks to my armour and suspensor, which also allows me to do this as a half action

Firing at both turrets if possible, otherwise just the left hand turret.

[roll0] v 115 (70 bs,+5 oath+10 short range+10 sight+20 full auto) (I'm not sure if I can go above 100, but the astartes heavy bolter is rapid fire 10 which implies I can. its never been possible before :))

Firing regular rounds for now

Hits
1[roll1]+10 pen 6
2[roll2]+10 Pen 6
3[roll3]+10 pen 6
4[roll4]+10 pen 6
5[roll5]+10 pen 6
6[roll6]+10 pen 6
7[roll7]+10 pen 6
8[roll8]+10 pen 6
9[roll9]+10 pen 6
10[roll10]+10 pen 6

Maugan Ra
2013-01-04, 07:15 AM
The left hand turret shatters and collapses under the withering barrage of accurate bolter fire from the Imperial Fist, sparks flying in all directions as it virtually disintegrates.

The right hand turret is also heavily damaged from the combination of attacks, but still appears to be functional.

Grailkeeper
2013-01-04, 07:54 AM
Baruchas smiles grimly as the turret disintergrates beneath his fire, he shifts his aim to remaining turret. A line of fire starts to chop its way towards him. The artificial intelligences of the drones clearly marking him as the highest priority target. Still firing the heavy bolter he rolls to oneside kicking up a froth of spray all around him. He adopts a more defensive fire position to avoid further shots with the dark waves now breaking around his darker armour.

To hide is to admit weakness He thought, making a mental note to do penance for this failure later.

I just checked the errata there. I was wrong about the heavy bolter- it has a different rate of damage but a lower pen and a maximum RoF of 6. Sorry.
Half action move towards the beach.

Half action fire full auto [roll0]v115

damage rolles
1[roll1]+12 pen 5
2[roll2]+12 pen 5
3[roll3]+12 pen 5
4[roll4]+12 pen 5
5[roll5]+12 pen 5
6[roll6]+12 pen 5

Hemnon
2013-01-04, 01:22 PM
Cyrax stealthily exits the drop pod, swimming to the edge of the waterline where he remains. His scoped Stalker Bolter scans over the area for any live targets. He leaves the turrets for his fellow Battle-Brothers to take care of.

Rolls

Concealment Test.
Ag 47+20(Skill)+20(Camo-Cloak)=87 vs. [roll0] Faithpoint spend. new roll is 61.
no penalty from power armour, because of Guerilla Training.

Awareness Test. (to spot any enemies)
Per 50+10(Auto Senses)+10(Heightened Senses, Sight)=70 vs. [roll1]

Maugan Ra
2013-01-04, 01:49 PM
Even as the Kill-Team begins their advance, the Tau defenders begin to rally themselves and present legitimate opposition. The surviving turret whirs into life, spitting an absolute torrent of pulse fire down the slope towards you, momentarily suppressing the squad before Baruchas' return fire demolishes it.

Burst cannon firing suppressing fire, catching almost the entire squad in it's kill-zone. It doesn't actually hit any of you, but everyone needs to make -20 willpower tests to avoid becoming Pinned (remember your Nerves of Steel). Chuluun is the exception to this, as his jetpack move brought him close enough to the shore to be out of the same area.

That said, even if he does become pinned, Baruchas can still fire as a half action, and thus wrecks the turret. That's his action for this turn, however.

Inside the bunker, which is looking somewhat battered by the psychic barrage that Maximus slammed into it, the detachment of surviving Tau Fire Warriors guarding this region move into position at the firing slits and begin firing methodical volleys at their attackers. Their natural training leads them to focus on the nearest hostile first, followed closely by the heavy support trooper.

What few shots that do strike Chuluun deflect harmlessly from his sacred armour, but Baruchas is struck more soundly, and takes 21 damage, pen 4.

Do note that is before both armour and TB are applied by the Imperial Fist, and he can still dodge the hit - Melee attacks made by hordes are Undodgeable, but you can still avoid ranged fire.

It is now the team's turn again, save for Baruchas, who has already acted. Both turrets have been destroyed. Cyrax cannot see any other hostiles save the Fire Warriors in the bunker.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-04, 02:29 PM
As the fire rains down on them, Cadmus doesn't back down from the fight... Return fire with fire!

as I succeded my roll, barely:
Half action MOVE 2 or 3m
Half action unfettered Inspire [roll0]
Which I will sustain for the bonus to fear and pinning tests

Caimheul
2013-01-04, 02:34 PM
Knowing his better armed Battle-Brothers are more suited to dealing with the threat of the Fire Warriors in the bunker, Varen begins making his way towards the bunker's entrance while scanning the area for unseen threats...

Half action move for turn: 2m if still in water I believe?
Awareness: [roll0] TN 60 (40 +10 (Sight & Sound) Auto senses +10 (Sight & Sound) Implants (if dark +20 from Diagnostor Helmet acting as Preysense sight... I doubt the x-rays will have any additional benefit))

Maugan Ra
2013-01-04, 02:38 PM
Varen can make out what sounds like jet-packs coming from the direction of the bunker... or beyond it, at any rate. He doesn't have any visual confirmation though.

Caimheul
2013-01-04, 02:43 PM
"Reinforcements coming from behind the bunker. Possibly battle-suits or some other jet unit, no visual." Varen reports calmly to the rest of the Kill team in the midst of the chaos of battle.

Ipphli
2013-01-04, 03:44 PM
Chuluun ignores the dings of pulse rifle fire bouncing off his armor. Jump pack roaring, the White Scar takes to the air, landing atop the bunker.

Use Run to land atop the bunker.
Awareness to detect the reinforcements TN 40 [roll0]

Maugan Ra
2013-01-04, 03:55 PM
From his new position, Chuluun can easily identify the incoming forces - Tau Crisis Battlesuits, two of them, bounding across the barren terrain of the island towards the fighting as fast as their lift units will carry them.

The rangefinder in his helmet pegs them as currently being 70 metres away, and closing fast.

DrK
2013-01-04, 04:01 PM
Maximus continues striding through the waist deep water, sword and combi-bolter in hand as the burst cannonn rounds and pulse fire lacerates the water all around him. The firepower no match for his indomnitable will as he continues his advance.

"Brother Barachus, the Turrets... the words hardly out of his mouth before the heavy rounds tear apart the second turret. "Brother Cadmus. Let your courage strengthen us...Son of the Khan - lead the assault" the emboldening power of Cadmus and the fires of the jump pack happening at the same time as the orders - such is the discipline of the Kill Team.

Wading forward he once again reached deep inside himself to summon forth the fires of the Emperor's Will as lightning crackles and flows along the bunker immolating and shattering the puny xeno bodies...

Cohesion test if needed [roll0] TN 80 Cohesion 8/9
Half: Walk 3m forward
Half: Pushed Smite again
Focus [roll1] TN 95
- Reroll with a fate point if get 90+ [roll2] Fate 4/5
- Phenom [roll3] if >75 reroll [roll4]
-- Distorted mirrors [roll5]m
- Perils if all goes wrong [roll6]

Damage [roll7] PEN 6
- - If a horde should do ~[roll8] magnitude damage
(and [roll9] from last turn)

Grailkeeper
2013-01-04, 04:02 PM
See anything interesting brother? What's incoming and how are they armed?

Hemnon
2013-01-04, 05:16 PM
''I am in position, do we have any heavily armored hostiles?'' He calls via the Vox to the others, his hidden form remaining in the water shoreline, his aim ready to fire on any heavy armored enemy popping into view.

OOC

Takes a full Aim Action (+20 to Next BS test right?)

Ipphli
2013-01-04, 05:48 PM
From his crouched position atop the bunker, Chuluun eyes the two Crisis suits on approach. "Two Crisis suits 70 meters and closing. Burst cannons on both. Plasma rifle on one, missile pod on the other."

Grailkeeper
2013-01-04, 05:52 PM
Target priority?

DrK
2013-01-04, 05:59 PM
THe librarian glances around. "Baruchas take the missile. Cyrax the plasma rifle. Other marines advance and fire at will as targets present themselves... Son of Khan - engage either suit if its safe to do so after the fire suppression has been laid down..."

If people want to do different things please tell me and I'll edit IC "orders". I don't want to actually tell people what to do and them not want to do stuff.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-04, 06:49 PM
Cadmus silently gets in position, still out of enemy line sight, and waits for the enemy to get closer for a surprise attack...

will also edit if the group does something different like charging right now...

Consider this as moving towards the land I guess

Maugan Ra
2013-01-05, 05:35 AM
From inside the bunker, your enhanced senses can clearly make out strangled oaths in an alien tongue as the Fire Warriors begin falling back before your onslaught, retreating into the interior of the base.

With engines roaring, the two Crisis Suits bound forwards and crest the ride over the bunker, flying high as their weapon-arms scan for targets.

The two Crisis Suits took a Run move each, so any shooting directed against them takes a -20 penalty, but any close combat attacks gain a +20. They're about 15 metres above Chuluun's head, but he does have a jump pack.

So, team actions, go.

Hemnon
2013-01-05, 06:43 AM
With the Crisis Suits now in his sight, Cyrax aimed at the one with the Plasma Rifle, a Prayer to the god emperor was made before he squeezed the trigger and fired a deadly Kraken Round.

Rolls

Standard Attack (half action)
BS 55+30(Full Aim, Accurate weapon)-20(Enemy Run)+10(Short Range)+10(Bolter Mastery)+10?(Hulking target?)=85-95 vs. [roll0]
If the target is unaware of Cyrax then TN is 125 instead.

Damage:
[roll1]+11=19, Pen 13

Extra damage, because of accurate weapon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14477341&postcount=94)

In case of Righteous Fury
[roll2]+11=N, Pen 13

Ipphli
2013-01-05, 07:45 AM
Grinning savagely, Chuluun releases his bolter, allowing it to swing freely on its sling as he grabs his lance. With a flick of his thumb, the blade begins to glow and hum with power. "For the Emperor and the Khan!" he yells as he fires his jump pack, hurtling himself upwards towards the crisis suit with the missile pod.

Utilizing his centuries of training and experience, the assault marine uses his momentum and all the strength his massive frame and power armor contain to drive his lance towards his foe.

Charge the crisis suit with the missile pod.
55 + 10 (charge) + 20 (enemy ran) = TN 85
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Grailkeeper
2013-01-05, 08:52 AM
Baruchas straightened up. His orders were to target the missile bearing suit but the assault marine was in hand to hand combat with it. Well, lance to weapons system combat. He trusted himself not to hit his brother but turned his aim on the other suit as a precaution.

Half action move forward
Half action full auto [roll0] v100 (70, +10 short range+ -20 running +20 enormous target +20 full auto)

28 damage

Brother codiciers, if we can capture one of the suits, can you rip secrets from their minds?

Caimheul
2013-01-05, 09:43 AM
Varen continues to advance, taking a pot shot with his bolter's Kraken rounds at the plasma armed battlesuit.

Half action move: 2 m... only 14 more to go to the edge of the water I believe?

Half action attack: [roll0] TN 60 (35 +5 (Lead by Example) +10 (Oath of Knowledge) +10 Short Range)
Damage: [roll1] or [roll2]
Pen 8

Exceptional Bolter w/ fire selector:
Standard Ammo current clip: 27/28
Kraken clip: 27/28
Helfire clip: 28/28

Bolt Pistol:
Current Clip: 14/14

Astartes Frag Grenades: 3
Astartes Krak Grenades: 3
Wounds:22/22
Fate points: 3

DrK
2013-01-05, 06:09 PM
The heavy fire and well aimed single silenced plink slamming into the rifle wielding crisi suit is music to Maximus's ears and the lance driving into the other suit wielded by the White Scar is a pleasing sight.

Driving forward he hurls himself through the water ina splashing arc of coll salt water as he runs to gte out of the surf and take the shore. Eyes alert and scanning for danger.

"Assault teams assemble on the beach. We must storm the bunker. Barachus and Cyrax continue to provide supporting fire.

With no obvious enemies I'll full Run towards the shore so hopefully getting me the 14m I need to reach the shore

Run is I think 6x move? So 6x5 = 30m /2 for the water = 15m :smallsmile:

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-05, 07:54 PM
The heavy fire and well aimed single silenced plink slamming into the rifle wielding crisi suit is music to Maximus's ears and the lance driving into the other suit wielded by the White Scar is a pleasing sight.

Driving forward he hurls himself through the water ina splashing arc of coll salt water as he runs to gte out of the surf and take the shore. Eyes alert and scanning for danger.

"Assault teams assemble on the beach. We must storm the bunker. Barachus and Cyrax continue to provide supporting fire.

With no obvious enemies I'll full Run towards the shore so hopefully getting me the 14m I need to reach the shore

Run is I think 6x move? So 6x5 = 30m /2 for the water = 15m :smallsmile:

Cadmus sees the commander running and runs after him, as the water limits their movements too much...

Maugan Ra
2013-01-05, 08:53 PM
The plasma-rifle armed Battlesuit twists desperately to avoid the sudden, unexpected hail of fire, displaying an agility unexpected in something of such bulk. Even so, it is not enough, and it topples from the sky, massive smoking craters punched in it's chassis.

It's brother fares only a little better, the White Scar's lance shearing into it's flank and carving a hideous trench that spits sparks into the air. Desperately, it's pilot brings the weapon arms around, trying to target the superhuman warrior set on carving it into pieces. The missile pods fail to acquire a solid target, but the flashing burst cannon is more fortunate, striking the Chogrisian three times - twice in the chest and once in his right arm, for 19, 18, and 16 damage respectively, all Pen4.

Kill-team turn again, and Chuluun fortunately gets to attempt a dodge before resolving those wounds.

Ipphli
2013-01-05, 10:00 PM
Chuluun grunts as the burst cannon punches through his armor, scoring hits in his torso and arm. Gritting his teeth against the pain, his enhanced physiology kicks in quickly to dampen it. Twirling his lance around, he lashes out quickly at the damaged crisis suit.

Multiple Attacks full action
Attack 1 TN 55 [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]

Attack 2 TN 55 [roll2]
Damage 1 [roll3]

Maugan Ra
2013-01-06, 05:21 AM
The blows from the power-lance tear the Crisis suit almost entirely in half, and it falls from the sky to join it's brother in a smoking pile on the ground.

Enemies defeated, dropping out of combat time.

DrK
2013-01-06, 05:38 AM
Maximus smiles behind the face plate of his helm as the two crisis suits crashed to the ground trailing blood and smoke behind them. "Well fought Brothers. The beach ours. Cautious advance now, watch for drones or enemy reincforcements."

Striding up the sand he looks back the drop pod and heavy gunner, not seeing the partially submerged sniper. "Brothers Barachus, Cyrax could you find some high ground to set up overwatch. Brother Varen to see to the wounded. Cadmus, will you assist in securing the bunker?"

Suiting word to deed he advances smoothly, auspex scanning the area and the bunker complex lest any fire warriors have survived the onlslaught of warp tainted lightning, the smoke still rising from the ground.

Perception/Awareness [roll0] TN 40 +10 heightended +5 autosenses +30 auspex +5 squad mode = 90

Pausing by the wreckage of one of the crashed crisis suits he peels back the helm to see the Tau within. Removing his helment briefly he quickly tears off a small segment of Tau and pops it into his mouth. Savouring the flavour and with the omophagea seeking access codes and deeper understanding of the Tau cyphers.

Eating crisis suit officer looking for locations of the base/ access points
Xeno ciphers just in case [roll1] TN 45

Once he's digested the Tau he'll search through the bunker looking for comms gear or any other information that can help inform where the rest of the Tau base is.

Grailkeeper
2013-01-06, 10:22 AM
Barcuhas moved out of the water, Around him spent cartridges bobbed briefly on the water before sinking below.

It appears some of the tau infantry have retreated deeper into the bunker. It may be part of a larger complex.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-06, 11:27 AM
Cadmus quickdraws his Auspex, still sword in the other hand, and following the commanders orders charges the entrance of the bunker... He doesn't want to be surprised when he storms in, keeping his eyes and ears for the enemies who fled earlier...

An awareness roll just in case I need it...
[roll0] - Failed miserably

Charge attack from the sword
[roll1] - success

Damage roll if hit
[roll2] - that is 20 damage pen 5, if not enough to break the door or at least the lock so we can enter, I will channel psychic energy

Hemnon
2013-01-06, 01:58 PM
Cyrax followed suit, moving like a shadow alongside his fellow Battle-Brothers. ''They where no challenge. I expected more...'' His voice could be heard over the vox, sounding sad and yet grateful at the same time. ''Shall i scout ahead, fellow Brother Marines?''

Maugan Ra
2013-01-06, 06:11 PM
Between the various Astartes, the door to the bunker is swiftly torn open, revealing the charnel scene inside, at least a dozen Xenos bodies lying where they were blasted apart by psychic lightning. And, at the back of the bunker, a long corridor stretches deep into the depths of the island.

Maximus sees... flashes, quick impressions of the base layout. A decentralized structure, a score or so of different locations - bunkers, weapon batteries, barracks and the like - all connected by a series of underground passageways. While the memories last, he should be able to direct his brothers to any of the different waypoints within the base, provided he can get inside.

DrK
2013-01-06, 06:14 PM
Maximus focuses on the shards of memory trying to concentrate and fix them in his mind. Trying to orient to where he is currently. Looking to his brothers he asks their opinion. "Brothers, thsi xeno has knowledge of the base and the subterrenean passages within. Should we strike for the barracks, weapon depot or command centre as our first strike?"

Let's face it. Kill Teams are more a collection of equals than anything else!

Ipphli
2013-01-06, 06:30 PM
Chuluun lands near the entrance to the bunker, lance once again maglocked to his back. He examines his wounds, then shrugs and approaches Maximus. "We eliminate the head, the body dies. Kill their commanders, and they lack leadership."

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-06, 07:24 PM
I suggest we cut down their supplies first by attacking the deposit, if we act swiftly we might still catch them unprepared...
suggests Cadmus

Caimheul
2013-01-06, 08:42 PM
Varen quickly scans the squad, pleased to see that only Chuluun has sustained any damage in the fire fight. He stows his bolter in favour of his medkit as he approaches the wounded White Scar. "Here, no sense rushing into battle at less than full strength just yet." the apothecary says as he begins performing first aid.

[roll0] TN 90 (55 +5 Lead +20 Narthecium +10 Helmet)
Heal 10 + ([roll1]*2) on success.

... Right well, you're fully patched up :smallbiggrin:.

Ipphli
2013-01-06, 09:58 PM
Chuluun nods to the apothecary. He stands still, letting the apothecary work. In no time, thanks to both his enhanced physiology and Varen's work, the White Scar's wounds have completely healed. He nods his thanks to the apothecary. "My thanks brother. Such petty blows won't even scar."

Taking out his repair cement, Chuluun quickly patches his armor. That done, he walks over to the bunker's entrance. Pulling the power lance off his back, he looks to Maximus. "You lead, we follow, brother."

Hemnon
2013-01-07, 12:54 AM
''Do we HAVE to group together? Why not split up in two groups and hit both suggested targets simulaneously instead?'' Cyrax suggested, his head turned away from his brothers, not in disrespect but rather to keep an eye out. His Stalker bolter remains raised, scanning the dark corridors for any signs of hostiles.

Grailkeeper
2013-01-07, 01:52 PM
Agreed, take out the head and the body will die. If the target is not there then it is likely we will find intelligence which will lead us to him. The supplies are of less relevence- this is not a siege.

Baruchas activated his stummers. The Xenos may or may not know he was in the building, but he was damned if he was going to let them know where.

DrK
2013-01-07, 04:05 PM
Maximus nodded. "Brothers Cyrax and Varen with me, we shall head to the command centre. Brothers Barachus, Cadmus and Chuluun to go into the complex- try and seek the reactor or the main vehicle garage to cit off any escape for the traitor. Eat some of the xeno. His memories shall guide your path.

Looking about he nods to to the two following him, sweeps his cloak about himself and activates the stummer masking the heavy thump and whir of the power armour.

concealment [roll0] TN 50 (40+20-10)
move silently [roll1] TN 60 (40+30-10)

Grailkeeper
2013-01-07, 04:33 PM
with some reluctance Baruchas did as he was bid. I shall take point. He started to head inside in what he now remembered was the ight direction.

Ipphli
2013-01-07, 07:22 PM
Chuluun nods before going over to one of the defeated crisis suits. Ripping open the suit, he tears off a piece of the creature's flesh and consumes it. Afterwards, he moves to follow Baruchas.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-07, 07:42 PM
Cadmus heads over to one of the defeated enemies without saying a word, gaining the memories of the fallen enemy.

He then heads into the complex with his brothers as assigned "Lets make haste my brothers, as any minute wasted is more time for the traitor to escape!"

Maugan Ra
2013-01-07, 08:24 PM
With well-trained efficiency, the Kill-team deploys into the tunnels connecting the rest of the Tau base together. A branching junction in the path rapidly leads to the Astartes splitting up as they move off in pursuit of their objectives.

Team One
Maximus, Cyrax and Varen

You make swift progress, casually batting aside the odd drone or Fire Warrior to cross your path, and eventually find yourselves approaching the central command centre. It is, as might be expected, rather heavily guarded.

Two full squads of Fire Warriors are dug in just in front of a giant, heavily reinforced airlock-type door at the end of the long passageway. The Xenos have fortified themselves behind purpose-built barricades of some pale plastic, and there are at least a couple of dozen gun drones hovering over their heads. More than that, you can see a pair of burst cannons mounted on the ceiling, panning from left to right as they scan for targets.

None of the aliens appear to have spotted you as yet, though they are very clearly on high alert. You are presently concealed within a side corridor linking to the main approach pathway, roughly 30m or so from the Tau fortifications.

Team Two
Barachus, Cadmus, Chuluun

You find the hanger bay easily enough - it's a large open space that appears to provide entrance and exit for the vehicles via a series of retractable hatches in the ceiling, no doubt to take advantage of the Tau's ubiquitous anti-gravity technology. Beyond that, it looks surprisingly similar to many Imperial facilities, with fuel vendors and boxes of supplies scattered in small piles across the entire length and width of the area. It is also, disturbingly, garrisoned by human troops.

A full platoon, some fifty men, are patrolling the area in their fire-teams, cradling lasguns in nervous hands and keeping a careful eye on all the various entrances and exits to their assigned position. The dull ochre armour they wear is stamped with the disgusting symbols of the alien creed, but otherwise they are virtually identical to many Imperial Guard units that you've seen. They even have a trio of support weapons in the form of Heavy Bolter teams stationed around the perimeter, each ensconced within improvised little fortifications made of left-over crates and the like.

Most critically, however, is the man waiting at the centre of the room. The traitor colonel of the Landrian 240th, now wearing alien colours and speaking calmly into a Xenos communication device.

None of the men appear to have noticed you as yet, and the nearest is perhaps 15m from the hallway where your strike team is assembled.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-07, 10:10 PM
Cadmus spots the traitor in the Hangar... His blood rushes to his head, he knows he must terminate him, that was the mission, and the mission is their top priority. He quickdraws his Flamer (it is actually a Balefire Gun, but no one really cares) and speaks on the communicator.

"Commander, we have the main target in line of sight here. Target is guarded, but we can probably take care of it. Commencing termination. Baruchas and Chuluun, if my attack fails focus fire on target, if I suceed take down the most dangerous targets in order."

He does not wait to see if his message gets through or not. While he is still speaking, the attack begins...

1st Half Action - Push Smite on main target*: [roll0] TN max(90)
*I should hit the horde too for the range of Psy Rating meters of the power

If I fail or get doubles, I am an idiot (but shall spend a fate point to re-roll: 1d100)
Psychic phenomena 1: [roll1] - in case I get perils, using our oath to re-roll
re-roll: [roll2] - in case I get perils again, we are screwed

If I hit the horde, Psychic Powers get PR + 1d10 hits, so: [roll3]

If hit, rolling for damage: [roll4]
(pen 6, just in case)

If get any RF, resolving damage: 1st[roll5], 2nd[roll6], 3rd[roll7], 4th[roll8], 5th[roll9], 6th[roll10]

2nd Half Action: Shooting with the Flamer** (no test required)
**Flamers hit for 1/4 weapon range (20m) + 1d5

If hit the horde (part of it should be in range): [roll11]

If damage roll is needed, which I don't recall:
[roll12]
(pen 3, and if do any damage, and the weapon is toxic, if it does damage roll: [roll13])

Edit: Great, no harm done (to us)...
- Changing perils to Veil of Darkness if the 2 brothers with me brought their helmets, which I hope is the case (my Rite of Sanctioning - Darkness and Dark Angels, it fits in theory...)
- 35 pen 6 on the colonel (and hopefully the horde, in which case 12 hits on them), and...
- 7 pen 3 on the horde (plus 6 damage if those caused any damage, which I seriously doubt - for 7 hits of the flamer, which probably doesn't matter as I am not expecting this to cause any damage)

Grailkeeper
2013-01-08, 07:43 AM
Baruchas moves silenly behind a large collection of supplies. The boxes come up almost to his waist. He waits for the codicier to move before breaking the silence himself. He fires into the crowd in tight controlled bursts, chanting the litany of disatin to himself.

half action move to cover

[roll0]v 140(70+10 range+10 cove+10 sight +40 target modifier

so 7 points off the horde)

Maugan Ra
2013-01-08, 12:10 PM
Colonel Hathgar glances up at the last moment, and you see his eyes widen in shock. "Enemy contacts!" He roars, diving behind a sturdy piece of technical equipment as the psychic bolt of wrath explodes around him. For a moment, he looks to have been slain, and then he's roaring orders once again from behind his cover. "Focus fire! Take them down!"

Baruchas strafes fire across the various groups of soldiers even as they turn to face their attackers, blasting several limb from limb in messy explosions of gore.

Caimheul
2013-01-08, 12:21 PM
Not being familiar with his companion's ciphers and signs, the apothecary settles for pointing at each of the turrets and holding up one finger, then pointing at the horde and holding up two fingers, ending with a shrug.

My way of silently giving my opinion on the order of attack. :smallbiggrin:

Hemnon
2013-01-08, 02:56 PM
With a silent and gliding motion, Cyrax shows the others his flamethrower and with a power armoured hand, points from it and back towards the enemy past the door. Clearly indicating that 'This can do the job'.

DrK
2013-01-08, 03:50 PM
Maximus nods at the suggestion by Varen and motions to the turret on the left for him, the right hand turret for Varen and the guards for the flamethrower.

Then with a slow countdown from 3 to 1 to with and iron fist he steps out dropping to a crouch and levels the melta weapon at the turret - a stream of molten fire spraying towards it.

Move 5m forward dropping to one knee and fire melta on combi-melta
[roll0] TN 45
Damage [roll1] PEN13

Hemnon
2013-01-08, 04:19 PM
Cyrax quickly checks for any additional side-paths down along the mainpath where the tau are awaiting. if he spots any, he'll dash towards it and get back into cover.

Otherwise He will Run forward, hiding in the fires of combat as he moves to get within reach of his flamethrower (about 24 metres forward, pressing into whatever cover can help shield him from enemy attacks)

OOC stuff

Run (full action)
-10? to all Ranged attacks against him, +10? to all Melee Attacks against him.
if there is any other effects from doing the Run action, then i do not remember them ATM.

Maugan Ra
2013-01-08, 04:26 PM
The melta-shot from Maximus' combi-weapon utterly vaporizes the first burst cannon, drawing shouts of alarm from the defending Tau as they recognise the incoming threat.

Caimheul
2013-01-08, 07:18 PM
Varen follows Maximus around the corner, firing a kraken round over his Battle Brother's head at the second turret.

Half Action Move
Half Action Single Shot.... Really need to look into getting something that packs more punch for Varen's bolter. I'm thinking an auxiliary grenade launcher...
[roll0] TN 50 (60?) (35 + 5 Lead +10 Short Range + 10 Tau?)
[roll]1d10+10/roll] OR [roll1] Pen 8
*sigh* nope...

Exceptional Bolter w/ fire selector:
Standard Ammo current clip: 27/28
Kraken clip: 26/28
Helfire clip: 28/28

Bolt Pistol:
Current Clip: 14/14

Astartes Frag Grenades: 3
Astartes Krak Grenades: 3
Wounds:22/22
Fate points: 3

Ipphli
2013-01-08, 08:47 PM
Chuluun crouches down, power lance held tight. Taking a leap as he fires his jump pack, the Assault Marine launches himself across the room towards their target. "For the Khan!" he yells as he swings his weapon at the cowering human.

Charge Hathgar.

WS 55 + 10 (Charge) + 5 (Exceptional weapon) = TN 70 [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Pen 7

Maugan Ra
2013-01-08, 09:10 PM
Team Two

Hathgar looks up as the White Scar charges him, desperately attempting to throw himself out of the way. Unfortunately, no matter his training, he is still mortal, and there are limits to what a mortal's body can do.

The power lance erupts from his back in an explosion of gore as Chuluun runs him through, and massive trauma kills the traitor before he can do more than blink stupidly. Unfortunately, this leaves the son of the Khan momentarily exposed in the middle of the hanger, and the vengeful soldiers are not slow to take advantage.

"Suppress those two!" One sergeant roars to two of the heavy bolter teams, jabbing a finger at the cloud of unnatural shadow concealing Barachus and Cadmus. Bereft of specific targets, the support crews opt instead to simply fill the area with heavy firepower.

Yup, that's suppressing fire on Cadmus and Barachus. -20 willpower tests or become pinned, please. Remember your Nerves of Steel re-rolls.

The other soldiers focus fire on the ebony-armoured superhuman in their midst, volleying scores of las-bolts at Chuluun even as they pull back in good order. The White Scar is struck in the arms for 15 and 13 damage.

Holy crap that was terrible rolling on my part...

Team One

The Tau seem momentarily surprised by the sheer gall of Cyrax's charge, and as a result he is barely five metres from their barricades before they open fire. The surviving burst cannon on the ceiling obeys it's programming and strafes a hail of fire across the two Astartes presently hanging back, aiming to force them back into the side corridor.

Can you tell I really like suppressing fire? Willpower check for Varen, but I believe Maximus is immune to being pinned by basic weapons.

Then the storm of firepower opens up on Cyrax, literally dozens of pulse weapons targeting the lone Astartes in a coordinated hail of azure death. And somehow, miraculously, none of it scores a solid hit, a horizontal rain of energy that the Raven Guard just shrugs off like a light shower.

Well. Kill-team turn again.

And yes, I rolled for everything shooting Cyrax, and missed every last shot. Someone up there apparently likes him...

Ipphli
2013-01-08, 10:01 PM
Ripping his lance free from the traitor's body, Chuluun throws himself at the guardsmen while chanting the Litany of Hate. He slashes left and right, the power field of his lance cutting through the guardsmen's armor and bodies with ease.

All-Out Attack WS 55 + 20 (All-Out Attack) + 30 (Magnitude of Horde?) = 105 TN
[roll0]
Swift Attack TN 105 [roll1]

Every two Degress of Success is another hit. Plus the Power Field means another additional hit with each attack. Each hit would do 1d10+21 damage, Pen 7; I'll roll damage if necessary, but pretty sure each would do SOME damage, so each Hit will do 1 Magnitude damage to the horde.

Caimheul
2013-01-08, 10:11 PM
The burst of gunfire drives the apothecary back into the hallway out of the turret's arc of fire.

Well, I HAVE to move towards cover this turn, so half action move back into cover.
Attempting to recover:
[roll0] OR [roll1] TN 45

*Sigh* at least next turn I should get a +30 bonus.

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-08, 10:27 PM
Cadmus can't bear the traitors aiming their weapons at them. Worse than any fear of gunfire is his Wrath directed against the enemies. "You traitors are finished!!"

Ok, from earlier results I understand it must be perfectly safe to attack the Horde without hurting Chuluun.

Half Action - Move forward 7m, getting closer to the battle

Half Action - Push Smite on the Horde: [roll0] TN 90
If I fail or get doubles, spend a fate point to re-roll: [roll1]

Psychic phenomena 1: [roll2] - in case I get perils (>75), using oath re-roll
re-roll: [roll3]

Hitting the horde: [roll4] times

If hit, I should cause some damage, but rolling just in case: [roll5] pen 6

If any RF, resolving in order: 1st[roll6], 2nd[roll7], 3rd[roll8], 4th[roll9], 5th[roll10], 6th[roll11]

Results: Horde -10 Magnitude, and changing the phenomena to Veil of Darkness again

Grailkeeper
2013-01-09, 07:53 AM
The trio of heavy bolters opened up around Salvador. He threw himself to the ground to avoid the fire. Clutching the Icon of the Iron cage he drew some strenght from the knowledge of what his kinsmen had suffered before him. He drew himself up behind the storage lockers and returned fire on the heavy bolters.

[roll0]v 70 (70 +10 range +10 motion predicter, -20 suppressing fire)
3 hits on the horde.

DrK
2013-01-09, 04:52 PM
Down near the command centre Maximus looked up at the Tau and waded through their petty gunfire calling upon the forces of the immaterium istelf as he hurled vast bolts of lightning ahead of him angling towards the other turret and the vile xenos standing further away from the raptor...

Half move 5m again
Pushed smite against the other turret [roll0]
- fate if fail [roll1] Fate 4/5 TN 90+10 short range =100

Phenom [roll2] reroll if > 75 [roll3]
Perils if it goes tits up [roll4] -If no perils then distorted mirrors

Damage [roll5] PEN 6 to the turret and [roll6] magnitude to the horde

Hemnon
2013-01-10, 01:28 PM
With the emperor's holy light protecting him, Cyrax lifted the flamer up. ''Time to Burn, you Xeno scum! Eat Fire you Filth!'' He yelled as he pressed the trigger and sprayed the inside of the room with purifying fire, Incinerating everything it contacted.

OOC

Fires the flamer, so it'd deal the most amount of damage to the horde.

Horde Damage: [roll0]

Remember that My armor causes Fear (1) and since the T'au can see him they'd need to do a Will Power Test :3

Maugan Ra
2013-01-12, 05:20 AM
Team Two

Between the three of you, the traitorous Gue'la are utterly slaughtered. No more than the barest handful survive your anger, and they break and flee almost instantly, sprinting for the exits to the hanger areas.

Colonel Hathgar, your primary mission target, lies dead at your feet.

Team One

The bolt of psychic lightning from Maximus' attack destroys the second turret in a hail of sparks, dragging several nearby gun drones out of the air as well. The Fire Warriors, though injured by the flamethrower and almost face to face with a terrifying apparation of death, have no where to go - their backs are to a sealed airlock door, and the Astartes is between them and any other escape routes. Training takes over, and combined with the surviving drones, they hammer Cyrax with pulse fire.

The Raptor is struck three times, for Seventeen, Twenty Four and Nineteen damage, all pen 4.

Grailkeeper
2013-01-12, 09:12 AM
+++ Baruchas to Strike team leader, Tango one is down, Orders?+++

Caimheul
2013-01-12, 10:56 AM
Varen fires a bolter round towards the crowd, lacking a more effective weapon at this range.

Half action fire from cover
[roll0] TN 50 (35 +5 Lead +10 Sort Range +?Magnitude bonus)
[roll1] OR [roll2] Pen 4 Explosive damage, so +1 magnitude Damage
Recovering from pinned: [roll3] OR [roll4] TN 70 (40 +30 for not being shot at last turn)

DrK
2013-01-12, 04:31 PM
+++ Baruchas to Strike team leader, Tango one is down, Orders?+++

The message comes over the micro bead even as the pulse fire strafes the Raptor brutally. A grim smile as hears the target has been destroyed. "Kill everything Brother. Bring fire and destruction to the xeno until none remain alive. Show them the true measure of the Astartes of the Deathwatch."

Suiting actions to words he drops to one knee, finger depressing the trigger on the boltgun as he sprays a torrent of .75 inch explosive adamantine shells at the enemy...

Full Auto attack [roll0] TN 80
Hit [roll1] or [roll2] PEN 5
1 DoS [roll3] or [roll4] PEN 5
2 DoS [roll5] or [roll6] PEN 5
3 DoS [roll7] or [roll8] PEN 5
4 DoS [roll9] or [roll10] PEN 5

EDIT - attack rolled in OOC thread is a 10
-- LIkley 5 magnitude damage (4 hits + 1 for Ex)

rbmflrcdst
2013-01-12, 04:32 PM
They seem to be busy on the other side. Do not forget w have another objective, which is to secure this island, we should start working on that. I say we pay a visit to the Barracks, so the enemy cannot send additional support to the forces attacking our brothers.

Hemnon
2013-01-12, 05:15 PM
As the hail of plasma fire rains over Cyrax, he attempts to dodge atleast some of it. Seeing the need to get into cover, he turns on heels and Sprints back towards his battle-brothers, rolling back into cover where he had been behind earlier.

OOC stuff

Dodge Test.
TN 47 vs. [roll0]. It's up to the GM to say if i get more DoS' than the roll to hit Cyrax. This dodge is obviously for the first attack against him, since that would make the most sense.

Full Action: Run!
Runs 24 meters backwards and behind the side-hall that he had originally sprinted out of.

Ipphli
2013-01-12, 09:55 PM
Chuluun looks around the hangar bay, then over at Cadmus. "We should destroy all of this. So it can't be used against us or our brothers." The White Scar walks over to the fuel vendors and begins opening them up, letting their reserves flow onto the floor in growing puddles.

Grailkeeper
2013-01-13, 06:43 AM
Baruchas starts to inspect the enemy dead for papers, artifactsor anything else why they turned from the Imperium of man. He pays particular attention when searching the Colonel and when examining the xenos device to see if it reveals anything, or if the Colonel managed to transmit anything with it.

He switches to kraken rounds and using the armour piercing ammunition methodically fires into the engine block of every vehicle at point blank range.

When we are done here, on to the weapons depot.

[roll0] v Int 40 modifiers ???