PDA

View Full Version : The Romantic Pond

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:07 PM
Out in the Countryside, there is a small, quiet pond. You know, the classic type with that solitary, slightly overhanging tree nearby? Yeah, that type of pond. ((Thanks for the description, Earin))

Iames leads Aerin to the pond.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:10 PM
Aerin smiles. This is nice. Very nice. She sits down under the tree and stretches her wings.

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 08:13 PM
((*Sobs as his description is stolen :smallwink:*))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:14 PM
Iames sits down next to her. I know. He puts an arm around her. Have you thought about what I asked you in Trog's earlier?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:28 PM
Yes, I have. I don't have an answer yet.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:32 PM
Okay. Iames sits next to Aerin looking up at the stars.

((And there they shall stay, until I feel the need to rouse them.))

((Which is now.))
Later, Iames opens his eyes. That lying bastard. I never touched him with my psionics. He looks down at Aerin. I'll be right back. He disappears.

Iames reappears a short while later to find Aerin asleep against the tree. He smiles and picks her up, then teleports away.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 03:24 AM
Mortia walks up to the pond.

Strange, Ive never been here before.

He sees the massive trees, weeping willows, cottonwoods, and the frangrance of them all combining into a frangrance that is instantly relaxing. The trees reflect into the cristal water, making half the world seem upside down. Small, golden fish jump out of the water, making small splashes as they reach for the insects that give them life. The only other sound in the area is the slight call of a blue bird, trying to find love itself. The sun comes down at an angle through the trees, making dramatic shadows on the ground.

Mortia walks up to one of the ancient giants, and decided to sit under it for a while. He picks a peice of the long, green grass, and begins to pull it apart with his fingernails.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 04:02 AM
"Fear my leet tracking skills!" The wolf bounds across the grass with a laugh. He nods his head at librarian, following behind. "She asked me to find you. Ooh, nice pond." The librarian catches up and scratches the wolf's head fondly.

"How goes it, Mortia?" she asks, sitting down on the grass.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 04:08 AM
Mortia looks up lazily at the two as they aproach, his eyes seeming to come back from a distant dream.

Actualy,

he says, as he begins to stand,

I dont know when Ive felt better.

As he stands, his wings and arms streach out in a jaw popping yawn.

Ahhhhh.. Excuse me. And you two? Howve you been?

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 04:12 AM
"Well," the librarian says, smiling. "I've been sparring with Dis, which was fun, and got all dressed up for Halloween..." She blushes slightly. "And I've been in contact with a realtive of mine from Clawgrave. The Resistance gains strength day by day, but it's been driving Egern to more and more drastic measures to stop them. He's failing, though, and soon he'll fall."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 04:18 AM
Wow. Sounds like youve been busy as always.

He pauses for a moment, walking down to the waters edge, looking down at the fish swimming peacefully.

You know, Ive been it this place for over a year now, and I never knew that a place of beauty existed like this.

He looks over his shoulder at her, his deep blue eyes meeting hers.

It quite remarkable, dont you think?

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 04:28 AM
Libris grins.

"I keep finding new spots. The wings help, though. Take an aerial look and see something I hadn't seen before. Or an old place in a new way." Greeny spots a dragonfly and grins, starting to stalk it. "I daren't say the q word, but it's nice to find some peace and Q once in a while. The temple isn't safe."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 04:31 AM
Mortia looks back to the pond, a true calm and peice about him.

Libris,

He says, a question in his voice,

Why did you say that I cant take this armor off? I dont like it, but I do trust you. Please, tell me why.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 04:33 AM
"Bahamutte spoke through you. He said that under no circumstances was I to allow you to remove that armour." She looks at Mortia apologetically. "I am in his serve, and owe him life many times over. I could hardly argue."

The wolf snaps at air where the dragonfly was and chases after it, tail wagging.

Ares
2006-11-02, 04:39 AM
Ares starts to walk over, but seeing who the librarian's with at the moment, he holds back for a bit.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 04:41 AM
Did he tell you that I hate wearing armor?

He says, sitting down by the seren pond.

Did he tell you why I would want to take it off? Im sure that he told you I would want to.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 04:47 AM
She nods.

"He knew," she says. "But he wouldn't tell me the reason for it."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 04:58 AM
Mortia seems to go to a differant place, his normaly bright eyes seem to dull out, and he apears to be seeing something from a great distance.

When my wife was killed, I had on armor. I couldnt get to her in time, beacuse of the restraining nature of the armor.

His voice takes on a distant, lonely quality, a single tear forming from his eye.

I triped, and fell. I was unable to get up, not until I released myself from the armor.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 05:02 AM
The librarian gets to her feet.

"Right now... I can't make you keep that armour on. I can only ask you to. I have to trust in what Bahamutte said-" Oh, and do you mean all of it? "I don't know any more than you on this. But please," she says, walking towards him. "There must be a reason."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 05:06 AM
I will have to trust that.

He says, using one giant claw to wipe the tear from his eye.

I feel like so much of my life has been shaped by the one moment. I dont know what to do any more. I just want to be at peace.

Ares
2006-11-02, 05:10 AM
"Then let's rid you of this enemy...and soon..." Ares walks over to the other two, as his player wakes back up.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 05:11 AM
"It will come," the librarian says, placing a comforting hand on Mortia's arm. "We just have to keep trying 'til we get there."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-02, 05:18 AM
Mortia just nods. His eyes gaze down towards the pond, his mind lost in the phantoms of the past.

After a moment, he is asleep.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 05:22 AM
Greeny bounds back over to the librarian's side, having lost his prey. He grins at the sleeping mayor.

"Got any paint?"

The librarian lies back down in the grass as Greeny catches a familiar scent.

"'Ello, 'ello... Ares?" The librarian sits up and looks around.

Ares
2006-11-02, 05:24 AM
"'ello wolf. Ma'am." Ares says this last with a smile that he's failing at keeping away.

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 05:26 AM
"Sleep well?" the librarian asks, grinning.

She lies in the grass, Greeny beside her, and goes to sleep as the sun comes up.

((and the player runs to work!))

Ares
2006-11-02, 06:08 AM
Ares smiles and sits down next to her. he slowly reaches and runs his hand through the librarian's hair.

AmberVael
2006-11-02, 10:40 AM
He says, sitting down by the seren pond.

((That mispelling is amusingly appropriate))

The_Librarian
2006-11-02, 04:13 PM
Leaving the librarian, Ares and Mortia asleep in the grass, Greeny gets to his feet and heads back towards the town.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-11-03, 03:23 AM
Mortia wakes up, and has a feeling of familiarity. He doesnt know where it comes from, but it feels nice, and reminds him of his past. He has a hard time waking, the warmth inside like a blanket over him. He painstakingly opens his eyes. He remembers falling asleep on the ground of a beautiful place, trees and grass and a cristal pond. He looks down at his body, and sees an arm wrapped over his shoulder. Smiling to him self, he turns, thinking that Libris must have fallen asleep also.

He turns to see Ares curled up against him, his heavy arm draped over Mortias shoulders.

Mortia jumps up, feeling decididly uncomfortable. He shakes it off, and quickly leaves the medow, heading for the temple.

The_Librarian
2006-11-03, 03:31 AM
The librarian opens her eyes and shivers.

"Gods it's cold this morning." She frowns. "Guess the wolf and Mortia had the right idea." She kisses Ares' forehead and makes her way into the town.

Ares
2006-11-03, 04:07 AM
Ares wakes up, and vanishes.

The_Librarian
2006-11-03, 02:13 PM
The librarian walks to the pond, wings still wrapped tightly around herself. She sits down with her back against the tree and watches the waters in the darkness.

It's so much lovelier at night, she thinks to herself.

Shivering, she leaves the pond after a while and heads back into town.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 02:55 PM
Vael walks out to the pond with Seren. He smiles gently at her and sits down.

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:00 PM
Seren sits next to him, admiring the peaceful atmosphere for a moment before turning to speak, "I'm glad you're alright. I was worried when I heard you were trapped yesterday.....Are things okay with you and Fenix?"

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:02 PM
Vael looks down.
I don't know. At least I know what was going on earlier today.

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:03 PM
"What happened earlier today?"

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:09 PM
Fenix was desperately hiding his thoughts from me, and in the end tried to prevent me from even showing up at all today. I think it may have been less of fear for himself, and more fear of what I might do to others. He may have wanted to try and figure out a way to diffuse things before I came back. He slipped, however, and I gained dominance as I should have.
Seren can tell that Vael is unsure of what to think of the entire ordeal.

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:11 PM
"Have you given him reason to fear what you might do to others?" Seren becomes even more aware of how little she knows of what Vael's been doing lately.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:13 PM
Vael shudders.
Yes, Seren.

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:14 PM
"What have you done?"

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:16 PM
Vael looks at Seren, his eyes pained that he has to say this.
You remember how I told you that I was one of a council of assassins?

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:17 PM
Seren nods.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:24 PM
They sent... a message to me. Rather, they sent a man who thought his mission was to kill me. In order to try and force their secrets from his mind, I... I won't go into description. But I tortured him. He didn't know anything, he was only there to serve as a shell for one of the council, who took over his mind while I was torturing him. After we concluded our buisness, he left the man on his own.
I killed him.
Vael recites this all in a monotone voice.

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:29 PM
Seren simply looks at him, her mind attempting to piece this together in some manner that won't make her change how she thinks and feels about Vael.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:32 PM
Vael goes on.
You know Lyrak? Iames's cleric? Well he happened to see the scene. I confronted him. I very nearly decided to kill him and somehow hide it from Iames. Then Inari's got attacked and I was swept into that encounter before I could do anything to him.
Vael puts his head in his hands.
Who am I? How can I lead both of these lives without remorse in either one?

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:38 PM
Seren takes both of Vael's hands in hers and just holds them and looks at him, "I....I don't know, Vael."
Her eyes are troubled and for the first time since she's met him, Seren appears to be considering whether this is really what she wants to be involved in.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:40 PM
Vael sees the look in Seren's eyes and is very nearly torn apart.
By the stars, Seren, what can I do?
((His oath seems oddly fitting now))

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:43 PM
"I don't know, Vael....I really don't know."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:50 PM
Vael can tell how unsure she is, and realizes that he can't distance himself, but that he also can't do anything to get close to her as well.
Seren... what have I done to us by doing this?

Seren
2006-11-04, 03:57 PM
Seren looks down, unsure of how to put what she's thinking into words. "I love you Vael, you know that. I just.....I don't.....I really don't know Vael."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 03:59 PM
Seren, will you help me?
Vael's eyes are pleading.

Seren
2006-11-04, 04:04 PM
Seren looks back up into his eyes. 'Always. With anything. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 04:10 PM
Vael hugs her.
Neither do I, Seren, but even your assurance comforts me.

Seren
2006-11-04, 04:15 PM
"I'm glad." She gives a half smile.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 04:22 PM
What would I be without you, Seren?
Vael holds her tightly as if she were the only thing keeping him alive.

Seren
2006-11-04, 04:29 PM
"Oh Vael...."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 04:33 PM
Vael holds her close and a tear trickles out of his eye.
I didn't even realize I was lost until I found you.

Seren
2006-11-04, 04:34 PM
Seren simply holds him.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 04:37 PM
Vael continues to whisper softly.
But now, having found you, I don't know what to do next. What is the next step?

Seren
2006-11-04, 04:40 PM
"I don't know, Vael. I know it seems like that's all I ever say, but I really don't. This is all such new and unfamiliar territory for me."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 04:43 PM
Vael holds onto Seren, this time taking his own turn of silence.

Seren
2006-11-04, 04:51 PM
Seren just holds him for a time, considering things. "Vael." she pulls away slightly. "Is Fenix being here doing any good at all?"

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 04:52 PM
Vael sighs.
I don't know. He wants to, he tries to, but he just seems to have abysmal luck.

Seren
2006-11-04, 05:01 PM
Seren sighs as well, "I guess we'll just have to wait then."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 05:02 PM
What were you thinking about doing, Seren?
Vael seems slightly concerned.

Seren
2006-11-04, 05:06 PM
"I wasn't thinking of doing anything. Why? What did it seem like I was thinking of doing?"

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 05:08 PM
Like you wanted to get rid of Fenix somehow...
Vael blinks and wonders why this bothers him so much.

Seren
2006-11-04, 05:12 PM
"I don't know how I would. And if you still think he's trying to help you, then of course I don't want to get rid of him." Seren's eyes betray that rather she very much does and thinks things were much better and easier before he showed up.

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 05:16 PM
I... I don't know. He wants to help, but I think I could make it on my own. But at the same time... I don't know. I don't want to be rid of him, and I don't know why.
Vael's eyes look slightly worried.

Seren
2006-11-04, 05:19 PM
"Well, if you want him there, then, maybe he is doing more good than it appears."

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 05:22 PM
What do you mean?
Vael looks thoughtful and interested.

Seren
2006-11-04, 05:25 PM
"Oh Vael, I don't know. But if you want him there, then that means you think that there is some benefit to him being there. Which would tend to reason that he's probably doing something, or at least you think he is, which could be the same thing."

(hmm...I need to be going soon)

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 05:26 PM
Vael smiles at Seren.
I hope you're right.
He kisses her gently.

Seren
2006-11-04, 05:32 PM
"I hope so too," She kisses him back.

(and enters npc-mode)

AmberVael
2006-11-04, 05:37 PM
Vael enjoys the moment, and closes his eyes, willing his troubles away. He looks at Seren with love in his eyes. He hesitates then smiles at her warmly.
Lets take this somewhere where have no chance to get interrupted.
He teleports them away.

Rainspattered
2006-11-04, 06:25 PM
"They are gone," Aercath said, holding the perfectly preserved, frozen flower in front of him, twirling it between the thumb and index finger of his right hand.

"So it would seem," Ra'Itel countered him.

"This is a pond for lovers, you know," Aercath told his friend jokingly.

"Had you any skin, I would be most fretful as to the loss of my maidenly virtues before I am properly betrothed to an honourable man," Ra'Tiel agreed.

"Had I any skin, I would choose to kiss women who didn't perpetually taste like alcohol and were less than half your equivalent age," Aercath.

"Are you calling me old?" Ra'Tiel asked with a false tone of being hurt.

"My apologies, you've only exceeded your natural lifespan by, what was it, five hundred years? Even for a wizard, that's no mean sum of years," Aercath explained gently.

"Your words wound me. I'd certainly hope you wouldn't choose to court me, I'd turn you town in a heartbeat if you spoke to such a fine lady as myself like that," Ra'Tiel continued.

"Perhaps we should bring an end to this line of jesting, less our newfound neighbours look to your dainty features and effiminate mannerisms and actually believe you a female in disguse," Aercath interrupted.

"And mistake you for a leacherous old wizard, trying to steal the disguised maiden's chastity," Ra'Tiel agreed.

"They wouldn't be wrong, you just would never be my maiden of choice," Aercath countered.

"Without facial features to guide me, I sometime cannot tell whether or not you're joking," Ra'Tiel frowned.

"Yet another advantage to being undead; without any skin, muscle, or otherwise malleable features, your gambling face is unbeatable," Aercath.

"Says you. You didn't play cards with a psion," Ra'Tiel said.

"If such a situation ever arises, you'll have to play cards with it," Aercath said. Ra'Tiel looked at him curiously. "No level telepathy can read a mind that isn't there," the lich explained jovially. Ra'Tiel laughed.

"Why did we come here?" Ra'Tiel asked.

"You're the one who walked here, I followed you."

"Why in the hell did you do that? I'm absolutely untrustworthy for these things," the dark elf replied.

Kyrian
2006-11-11, 10:35 PM
Kyrian appears next to the pond. I'm a failure. I understand that now. I'm sure that somewhere, my parents are probably watching, and at this point, they are probably glad that we locked my memories from my knowledge.

Later he leaves.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 02:57 PM
This is going to hurt me... Kyrian steps up to the pond again and waits.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:02 PM
Verdandi flies overhead, then spirals down slowly and lands nearby, but not close. She ruffles her wings for a while to settle them behind her back, but then spreads them a little, unconciously preparing for flight. Her clear blue eyes stare at Kyrian nervously. Yes, Kyrian?

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:03 PM
Please...I want you to hear me out...I'm sorry for my action last night. I.....I really am not sure how to put these thoughts into words...

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:05 PM
Verdandi stands still, watching Kyrian uncertainly.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:08 PM
This is so hard for me...I want...I really want to take things slowly with you. Kyrian thinks of what he just said. Not like that...I mean...I want to be your friend..I...I mean.... He stops and sits on the ground, pushing the heels of his hands into his eyes.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:12 PM
Verdandi spreads her wings more, ready to take flight at a moments notice. The unease in her eyes is growing rapidly.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:14 PM
what the hell is wrong with me...why am I such a horrible person, Vera?

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:20 PM
Verdandi responds with stammering , half completed sentences that further brings out the uncertainty in her actions. Kyrian, I do not think- I- you are not- just-

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:20 PM
I'm what then....

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:25 PM
Verdandi raises her arms in a helpless gesture. Kyrian, I have no idea who you are.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:27 PM
I wish I could show you......I used to be a Champion of this Town...that all seemed to fall away. I'm sorry, I don't see why good people like you even look at me...

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:30 PM
Verdandi's wings begin to shake a little, and she looks up, wanting to fly away.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:34 PM
Kyrian notices this. I'm sorry...I didn't mean it like that......would you...would you like to just talk? About anything? You said you don't know who I am, and I'd like to hear your story. Just as friends, I promise.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:38 PM
Verdandi is extremely hesitant. I um- well, I guess. She slowly sits down where she is.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:39 PM
We can go back to Trog's if you prefer, or somewhere more comfortable to you.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:46 PM
No- its fine, I just- um- Verdandi struggles with her thoughts and tries to figure the situation out.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:48 PM
Kyrian sits quietly, unsure of who is going to start.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:50 PM
Verdandi ruffles her wings and partially curls them about herself as she falls silent.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:51 PM
I guess I'm starting....I came here from the future. In my time...this Town had been torn apart by evil...and I'd come back to try to make things right...

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:53 PM
Verdandi sits and listens silently.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 03:56 PM
Many times I fought evil, and due to my race...I've been able to come back stronger to face each battle. I finally met my match, when my past, a group known as the Dark Saiyans came to Town and attacked everyone I cared about. Finally, I led a group to attack them, and in the end....I gave my life for this Town....

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 03:58 PM
Verdandi pulls her wings closer around herself as she keeps listening.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:01 PM
Vera...what brought you here? To Town, I mean. (And I sent a PM)

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:04 PM
Chance. I used to wander, protecting and defending people whenever I could. When I felt that a place could defend itself, I moved on. Eventually I came here.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:05 PM
Sounds a lot like something I'd have liked to do....after I became good that is... Kyrian looks down, suddenly ashamed.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:08 PM
Verdandi tightens her wings around herself again, suddenly reverting to her former uncertainty and nervousness at the shift in his demeanor.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:10 PM
Sorry...it's just, I used to be a Dark Saiyan myself. It's hard to talk about sometimes...

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:13 PM
Verdandi nods slowly, but does not relax her wings.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:15 PM
Enough about me...May I ask where you first came from?

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:18 PM
I am the daughter of Skuld, the youngest norn and valkyrie. Before I wandered I lived in Valhalla with the valkyries. Verdandi sighs very softly as she remembers those days.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:20 PM
What made you decide to start wandering?

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:23 PM
Just- every day I would go to the battlefields with the other valkyries, searching for valiant men who died nobly. Over and over I saw how mortals struggled to live, and how they fought to protect their homes. Finally I rejected my position as a bystander and took up the sword and the meaning of my name. She stops, shuddering.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:24 PM
What's wrong?

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:26 PM
Its just- She shakes her head and looks down. I swore an oath to protect and defend people whenever I could, and I broke that oath recently.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:28 PM
Is there any reason you can't return to your oath?

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:31 PM
Because there is still the chance that I would break it. There are things I hold higher than it now.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:32 PM
Kyrian starts to say something, then understands what she's saying. Oh...

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:35 PM
She looks at Kyrian, her face blank. I did reswear an oath. And oath of loyalty.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:38 PM
One I would never ask you to break. Everyone's right, he does deserve two angels.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:42 PM
Verdandi shakes her head. Not that type of loyalty. The type of loyalty a knight swears to his lord. She gives Kyrian a significant glance. Not that he does not have the other type of loyalty from me.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry Vera, you now have me at a loss of words. Maybe I should just go, I've probably made a complete ass of myself to you....

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:49 PM
Verdandi looks at him, unsurprised, but also uneasy about how she made him feel. If- if you want to, Kyrian.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 04:52 PM
I don't know. I've kinda enjoyed just talking with you.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 04:59 PM
Verdandi nods hesitantly.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 05:03 PM
Iam.......he's really lucky to have you.... Kyrian stands, and begins to walk away.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 05:06 PM
Verdandi does not know how to respond, and so she stays where she is and looks into the pond as he walks away.

Raistlin1040
2006-11-12, 05:19 PM
EKrath walks over by the pond, looks up and sighs. He then walks over to a tree, sits down and sadly looks towards the ground.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 05:19 PM
((Eep, my post disappeared??)) Kyrian drops a small item as he takes to the air and leaves.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 05:21 PM
Verdandi stands up quickly as the newcomer appears and prepares to leave, then pauses. She picks up the dropped item, and flies off.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:20 AM
Iames and Vera appear by the pond.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 01:24 AM
Verdandi leans heavily against Iames and closes her eyes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:30 AM
Iames smiles and lowers himself and Vera to the ground, to lean against the tree.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 01:32 AM
Verdandi puts her head on Iames's shoulder and hugs him. I do not know what they will do to her.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:38 AM
Iames hugs her back. I don't think very highly of them, I have to admit. Doing something like this just after she'd found happiness and love...

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 01:40 AM
We do not actually know if they have done anything though.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:42 AM
Well, that's true. Assuming that they are responsible for this, I do not think highly of them. Iames amends.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 01:44 AM
Verdandi frowns. Do you know that something has happened to her?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:48 AM
Well, she and Takehiko were on the docks the other night - my portfolio sense at work again - and a group of valkyries came down to collect her.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 01:51 AM
Verdandi's pupils contract in fear. What happened?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:53 AM
There was a fight. Takehiko did better than I expected, but in the end they defeated Takehiko, subdued Aesa, and used those runes, the Galdr, you called them, to get away.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 01:56 AM
Actually the runes are a simplified form of the skill known as Galdr. Verdandi corrects Iames without thinking. We can safely assume that she is not dead, but I have no clue what else might have happened.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 01:58 AM
Iames shrugs. I'm betting it wasn't pleasant.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:00 AM
Verdandi shudders and nods.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:05 AM
Iames hugs Vera closer. Why wouldn't it be a good idea to go to Valhalla?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:08 AM
If they took Aesa there, but did not summon or come for me, then they probably wish to deal with her- her- failure in privacy. They would not react well to someone trying to intrude.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:11 AM
That makes sense. Iames sighs. I feel sorry for her.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:12 AM
I always have. Verdandi squeezes her eyes shut. I feel like it is my fault.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:13 AM
It is not your fault, Vera.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:16 AM
But it is. If I not chosen to deny my calling, she would not have had to suffer as she has.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:18 AM
From what you've told me, Aesa did not exist until you decided to cease being a Valkyrie and wander the multiverse, correct?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:19 AM
Well, no, she did not.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:21 AM
Who created her? The Norns?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:22 AM
Verdandi nods and hugs him tighter.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:26 AM
Iames squeezes her gently. Then it is the fault of the Norns for creating Aesa in order to compensate for their inability to allow the Tapestry of Fate to deviate from their planned pattern. They are to blame for Aesa's suffering, not you.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:28 AM
Verdandi is aghast. But it is the Tapestry of Fate! They cannot let that be changed, not even the gods would want such a thing.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:33 AM
Perhaps it is different in the worlds where you come from, but in Tyrath and it's related planes, the Tapestry of Fate is never complete. It is a work forever in progress, woven by a loom without a weaver. There are some points, certain crossings of threads, that are predetermined, but the larger pattern is allowed to weave itself according to the collective free wills of all beings.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:40 AM
Verdandi shakes her head. Everything is predetermined for us. We already know how the world will end and begin anew, which is why Aesa and I are so strictly monitored. We are the only beings that have free will.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:45 AM
No. Only you. If Aesa is not permitted to make choices as she wishes, then she does not have free will, at least not in a practical sense. Iames pauses for a while. Vera, I hope you won't be offended when I say this, but I would not want to live in your world.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:46 AM
Verdandi shivers a little. Perhaps now you can guess why Aesa believes the gods would never kill us?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:50 AM
Because it is not fated to happen.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 02:52 AM
Verdandi shakes her head. No. Because many of the gods are fated to die during Ragnarok. We have the power to change what is and will be, and therefore it is possible that we could save one or more of them. She believes that self-preservation motivates them to keep us alive.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 02:58 AM
Oh. Iames pauses again. Why is it that we always seem to end up talking about bad things?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:00 AM
Because they surround us? Verdandi cuddles even closer to Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 03:04 AM
Iames sighs. I suppose that must be it. He smiles. Vera, may I ask you a question?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:06 AM
Hmm? Verdandi closes her eyes and puts her head on his chest.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 03:08 AM
When we were in the new restaurant and Aerin started talking about the wedding you seemed... distressed, I suppose, is the only way to put it. Why?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:11 AM
Verdandi blushes furiously. I um- well-

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 03:13 AM
Iames smiles softly as Vera blushes and waits for her answer.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:15 AM
I am probably just being ignorant.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 03:17 AM
What do you mean?

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:20 AM
Well- what do you plan on doing for the wedding? Verdandi is a bit nervous.

Takehiko the Marooned
2006-12-02, 03:23 AM
((I'm sorry if this seems a little metagame-y... But I haven't really worked out how these powers should work yet))

Something made of paper falls from the sky and hits Vera in the back of the head, bouncing off hard enough to get her attention but not deal any serious damage.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 03:23 AM
I don't know, because this is the first time any of us has brought it up since then. We haven't planned anything yet.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:24 AM
Verdandi jolts as the paper creation hits her. What was that? She turns and looks at it.

Takehiko the Marooned
2006-12-02, 03:28 AM
The swan looks quite unremarkable, though something is quite obviously written on the wings of the bird

Aesa
Trog's
Help

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 03:29 AM
Verdandi picks the swan up and her eyes grow shocked and concerned. Iames, I think we need to go to Trog's.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 03:31 AM
Iames sees the writing as well. I think you're right. We'll have to continue this conversation later. His eyes glow violet, and he teleports Vera and himself to Trog's.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-02, 12:13 PM
Mortia walks into the pond, and finds a private secluded corner, with Libris in tow.

The_Librarian
2006-12-02, 12:15 PM
The librarian stops short and sits on the grass.

"Are you all right? I stopped by the temple, but you were still asleep."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-02, 12:40 PM
Mortia looks at the grass at his feet.

I... I dont know.

He looks at her with tears forming in his eyes.

Libris... Keff. Could I just hold you for a while? I think I just need to hold you for a while...

The_Librarian
2006-12-02, 12:41 PM
The librarian nods.

"You have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that." She glances self-consciously at the new stitching on her tunic, before smiling up at Mortia.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-02, 12:45 PM
Mortia looks questioningly at the repaired hole, and starts to ask but catches himself.

Shell tell me when she wants to, dont force it...

He puts one of his giant arms around her shoulders as he kneels down next to her, leaning on a nearby tree, pulling her wait into his chest. He wraps the other arm around her, holding her close.

The_Librarian
2006-12-02, 12:47 PM
The librarian closes her eyes and allows herself to relax at last.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-02, 12:51 PM
Mortia feels her muscles untense, and it calms him as well. He shifts a little to get more comfortable, and looses himself in the warmth of her pressed against him, the smell of her hair, and the touch of the bare skin of her hand against his. At that moment, it seems that they are the only two in the world...

after a while, Mortia hears the slow, steady breathing that lets him know that Libris has fallen asleep against his chest. He genitly, so as not to wake her, pulls his massive wings out from behind his back, and wraps them around the two of them. He shifts slightly to the side, his arms draping across her middle, as he goes to join her in a deep slumber....

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 07:38 AM
Mortia wakes, some dew from the branches above falling on his head. He shifts his waight, and remembers Libris, curled up in his wings. He moves to make himself more comfortable, but tries not to wake her...

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 07:45 AM
He fails, and she stirs.

"Hm?" She opens her eyes and smiles up at Mortia. "Hey there," she says sleepily. She looks around. "Gods, did we sleep out here all night?"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 07:50 AM
Looks like it,

He says, smiling back at her.

Sorry I woke you.

He leans down a gives her a soft kiss,

You looked so peaceful, I didnt want to disturb you...

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 07:53 AM
"Don't worry about it," the librarian replies. "I have to wake up sometime... I'd rather it was because of you." She gets to her feet and stretches her wings.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 07:59 AM
Mortia stays where he is, watching her.

After a moment, he looks to the ground.

You know, this peacefull time is great, but how long is it going to last?

He finds a blade of grass, and begins to pull it apart with his claws.

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 08:05 AM
"This? Right now?" The librarian's smile is a sad one. "Not long. It never does. I've barely gotten over being poisoned again... and Merant is back in town... it's all one big powder keg waiting to go up." She walks back to Mortia and runs a hand down one of his wings. "You take what peace you can and cherish it."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 08:10 AM
Mortia's wing twitches a little at the touch, but he doesnt seem to notice.

I know that I should enjoy it, but Its so hard. I feel guilty when ever I do. There is so much that I.. we. Have to do. So many relying on us. I cant help but think that there is something that I should be doing, but all I want to do is be here with you...

With those words, he reaches up and cups the side of her face in his giant hand.

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 08:15 AM
Libris puts her hand over his and looks at him.

"I'll be with you, in peace or otherwise."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 08:22 AM
Mortia smiles, seeming embarased a little.

I know that.

He stands, and begins streach. In the middle of a jaw cracking yawn that looks rather visious on account of his fangs, he says,

I just like not having to worry about what might happen to you. Being able to sleep all day, and not fight. It seems like a peice of utopia.

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 08:24 AM
The librarian watches him admirably, then blushes a little and looks into the pond.

"Don't jinx it, whatever you do," she says, grinning.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 08:29 AM
Mortia sees the blush, and looks down at himself. He notices that the rope that holds up his split skirt has some how in the night come untied, and he is standing there in all his glory....

He quickly grabs it and begins to tie it back on.

Well, I dont know if that will happen, This isnt Trogs...

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 08:44 AM
The librarian turns and smiles at him, then suddenly looks worried.

"I left Greeny there alone all night!"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 08:49 AM
Well,

Mortia says, pulling the knot of his skirt tight,

We need to go there to get your armor also. Lets go check on the little green one, shall we?

He holds out his arm, offering her his elbow.

The_Librarian
2006-12-03, 08:54 AM
The librarian takes his arm and smiles contentedly.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-03, 08:58 AM
Mortia leans down, and gives her another quick kiss.

They leave arm in arm.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-07, 11:14 PM
*The llama runs up to the pond area and looks around* "oooh, I'm gonna have to bring Phoenixineohp here sometime, but right now I have a mission."

*he searches the water's edge, dipping his muzzle into the water and coming up sputtering on several occassions. Finally, he ducks his head underwater and doesn't come up for a long time, but when he emerges, he is holding a frog in his mouth. *

*Frog in mouth, he goes trotting off rather quickly*

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:47 PM
Iames and Vera appear, hand in hand.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:48 PM
Verdandi sits down, smiling at the area.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:50 PM
Iames sits down next to her. It's just as pretty in the winter as it is in the summer, he comments.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:52 PM
Verdandi smiles and cuddles up next to him.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:55 PM
Iames cuddles her happily.

((gotta go now))

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 05:58 PM
Kyrian appears nearby and walks over, quietly, not wanting to disturb either character.

You probably can't hear me Verdandi...but thanks for today. Just...thanks.

He stands and vanishes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 07:26 PM
Iames raises his head. Vera has gone to sleep. He kisses the top of her head and eases away, leaning her gently against the tree. He disappears.
[hr]
Iames appears, picks Vera up, and disappears again.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 10:10 PM
Lyrak and Tehanu arrive at the pond. Lyrak smiles and waits for her reaction.

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 10:13 PM
Tehanu smiles, "I think it's perfect, Lover." she hugs him before she steps back and unfolds the blanket with a snap. She gestures for him to sit. hTehanu launches from his shoulder and flies up and into the sky.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 10:21 PM
Lyrak sits and puts an arm around her.

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 10:23 PM
Tehanu pulls her cloak around and snuggles up close to his warmth. "Do you want to try and see what hTehanu sees?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 10:33 PM
Why not? Lyrak smiles and looks up at the hawk.

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 10:35 PM
Tehanu drops her barriers for him and strengthens the bond with her familiar.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 10:44 PM
Lyrak creates a link to her mind.

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 10:49 PM
She brings the images from hTehanu to the front of her mind. He can see the darkness below with little points of light randomly scattered on the ground, until she flies over Town. Then he can see the lights from Trog's and everywhere else that has activity tonight. hTehanu swoops and glides over Town and the countryside.

((it might be a bit disorienting for Lyrak))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 10:58 PM
Lyrak sways a bit dizzily. Wow...

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 11:00 PM
Tehanu pulls him closer, "Feeling dizzy? I forget it takes some getting used to. It's an even better experience during the day. I love it when she goes into a dive."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:11 PM
I don't think I could handle that quite yet...

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 11:15 PM
Tehanu smiles and gently turns his face towards her so she can kiss him.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:19 PM
Lyrak kisses her back.

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 11:25 PM
Tehanu regretfully breaks off the kiss, "Much as I would love to continue right here, I think I prefer your warm bed to the cold outside."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:27 PM
Lyrak nods and breaks the link. I do too. I've spent more than enough nights outside in the elements lately.

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 11:30 PM
Tehanu stands and gently pulls on his hand, after he stands she folds up the blanket. She smiles, "Ready?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:34 PM
Lyrak nods. Yes. What are you - ?

wxdruid
2007-01-02, 11:35 PM
Tehanu simply smiles and pulls him close. She clicks her heels together and teleports them to the front door of the Temple.

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:12 PM
Alena finally touches down by the pond, she smiles as she sets him on his feet. She stretches and flexes her wings, That was a good flight.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:14 PM
"mmm...good company as well"

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:15 PM
She smiles and her eyes twinkle, I could say the same as well.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:17 PM
Alex smiles as well, he takes a step closer to Alena and wraps an arm around her. He gently begins stroking her wing.

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:21 PM
Alena smiles teasingly, You just can't keep your hands off my wings can you, she runs her hands through his hair and lightly flicks her wings back.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:25 PM
Alex gives a sly grin "Nope...if you want me to stop just say"

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:29 PM
Well.....just til we get back, sometimes it's very hard to remain standing when you do that. It melts my knees into little puddles......

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:35 PM
Alex gives another sly smile "Well I can always carry you back if I can't resist"

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:40 PM
Alena grins, I love it when you carry me. She leans forward and hugs him, bringing her wings around to shelter them.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:42 PM
Alex smiles and kisses her, running the fingers of one hand slowly down her wing

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:46 PM
Alena shivers and kisses him back, You're irrepressible aren't you.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:50 PM
Alex grins "I know I am, can't help it" he strokes her wing again with the back of one hand

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:53 PM
Alena twitches her wings out of reach and smiles.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:55 PM
Alex pouts for a second then grins. He wraps both his arms around and kisses her, running a hand through her hair

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 08:57 PM
Alena kisses him back and then lightly pushes him back, Come on, let's go look around.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 08:59 PM
Alex nods and reaches out for her hand

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 09:01 PM
She takes his hand and wanders around the pond, looking for rocks..... (hehe)

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 09:04 PM
Alex walks around, only looking at Alena. He gives her hand a little squeeze

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 09:06 PM
She squeezes back as she looks for interesting rocks.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 09:23 PM
Alex smiles at Alena and keeps on looking at her. As he's not looking at the floor or where he's going he trips on something on the floor and goes tumbling over.

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 09:32 PM
Her wings flutter as he suddenly trips, she kneels next to him, Are you alright?

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 09:35 PM
Alex smiles, he quickly sits up and wraps his arms around Alena. He kisses her "Now I am"

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 09:36 PM
I think you tripped so you could steal a kiss....

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 09:39 PM
Alex grins "Nah, the trip was real, the kiss was just a good bonus"

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 09:41 PM
She shakes one finger in his face, You should watch where you're going. What did you trip over?

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-27, 09:43 PM
"Dunno, I was looking at you and not the floor"

wxdruid
2007-01-27, 09:44 PM
She grins, there is no floor here, only the ground. Are you awake tonight?