PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way for a druid to gain other 9th level spells

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-01, 05:19 PM
Is there any way to gain spells like miracle and gate as a druid? Because druid is my favorite full caster but it lacks some of the best spells in the game :smallannoyed:.

Tulya
2013-01-01, 05:51 PM
The Eberron druid Initiate feats add a spell at every level. I'm pretty sure one has Gate - Nightbringer?

Edit: Bah, limited use gate. Only for travel to Mabar.

---

You can definitely get Miracle from the Luck Domain, though you obviously need a means of gaining it as a Druid. Contemplative will do it. I think you can swing Sovereign Speaker as a druid with some finagling in Eberron.

I'm still wracking my brain on true Gate, though.

GreenSerpent
2013-01-01, 06:20 PM
The Eberron druid Initiate feats add a spell at every level. I'm pretty sure one has Gate - Nightbringer?

---

You can definitely get Miracle from the Luck Domain, though you obviously need a means of gaining it as a Druid. Contemplative will do it. I think you can swing Sovereign Speaker as a druid with some finagling in Eberron.

Portal or Summoner Domain (I'd suggest Portal because you get a couple more nice spells like Dimension Door, Teleport, Etherealness and Maze).

Venger
2013-01-01, 08:17 PM

---

as long as you don't remind rolling mulan human, southern magician's good for what ails you.

take it, you're now capable of casting some finite number of arcane spells/day, which lets you nab arcane disciple for any domain that catches your fancy. the luck domain, as mentioned, nabs you miracle.

Darrin
2013-01-01, 08:28 PM
Druid 3/Bard 2/Mystic Theurge 2/Arcane Hierophant 3/Sublime Chord 1/Arcane Hierophant +7/Mystic Theurge +2

(Use Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell, Sanctum Spell + any metamagic, or Improved Krau Sigil to qualify for Mystic Theurge)

This gets you 9th level Druid and 9th level Wizard/Sorcerer spells. From there, you can take Arcane Disciple to grab miracle from the Luck domain, or gate from the Drow/Glory/Pact/Portal/Summoner domain.

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-01, 08:39 PM
Seeker of the Misty Isle (Complete Divine) gives you Travel and Magic Domains, but you have to be an elf.

Arcane Hierophant is a dual-caster PrC from Races of the Wild with full progression for druid and an arcane class. Has some very nice druid flavor, while adding great amounts of spellcasting versatility. Plus, Familiar Companion is a very cool class feature. Also relaxes arcane spell failure for armours that druid can wear.

Noctani
2013-01-04, 01:43 AM
If you are only interested in a spell list switch one of the books tell you all spell lists are switchable.

Meaning you can choose the wizard list instead of the druid list.
Or the cleric list ect...

But you can't have both.

Cog
2013-01-04, 12:28 PM
If you are only interested in a spell list switch one of the books tell you all spell lists are switchable.
Something like that is really going to need a citation. The closest I can come up with is the DMG's suggestion for making alternate lists with DM involvement, using the Witch as an example, or Rokugan Sorcerers being able to use the (either the Sugenja or Wu Jen, I forget which) list instead of the Sor/Wiz list.

Lateral
2013-01-04, 07:18 PM
Druid 3/Bard 2/Mystic Theurge 2/Arcane Hierophant 3/Sublime Chord 1/Arcane Hierophant +7/Mystic Theurge +2

(Use Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell, Sanctum Spell + any metamagic, or Improved Krau Sigil to qualify for Mystic Theurge)

This gets you 9th level Druid and 9th level Wizard/Sorcerer spells. From there, you can take Arcane Disciple to grab miracle from the Luck domain, or gate from the Drow/Glory/Pact/Portal/Summoner domain.
Not sure why you went with Sublime Chord there, seeing as you could do the same with a Wizard 3/Druid 3/ Mystic Theurge 2/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge +2. You could get access to Druid 9ths before 20th level if you use those tricks you mentioned to get into Mystic Theurge as a Wizard 1/Druid 3 (Trackless Step is needed for Arcane Hierophant anyway).

Tvtyrant
2013-01-04, 07:20 PM
Planar Shepard and get them as SLAs. Even if you don't go into time bubble tricks, that PrC will net you just about everything the other tier 1s get.

Greenish
2013-01-04, 07:25 PM
Moonspeaker (RoE swifter druid PrC) gets Gate along with the Planar Ally line added to the spell list. It limits the critters you can call, though.