PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Anagakok [3.5]

Tokuhara
2013-01-01, 08:34 PM
Well, having just gotten off the phone with my DM, he said that UMD to make items is ok, but Incarnum is banned. So I have to rethink my plan.

I decided to blow the thick layer of dust off my Dragon Magazine collection (I have a few that I haven't touched since my old group switched to Pathfinder) and stumbled on the Anagakok, a Nature-themed wizard in Dragon 344.

I get a select number of Druid Utility Spells (Create Water, Dominate Animals, Transmute Metal to Wood, with Elemental Swarm as a 9th level spell), the ability to swap any prepared spell for Endure Elements, and a Good Fortune Pool which gives me a luck bonus on a roll as an Immediate Action. However, I lose my familiar, bonus feats, ability to read anything other than my spellbook, and (automatically) Necromancy and Illusion, which makes sense with a "Wild Wizard."

So my question to the playground is:

How can this be optimized? I want to keep the "Hedge Wizard" theme. The specialty school is very utility focused, and yet it gives wizard a whole new lease on life (there's a few good spells in the list. I just wish it had Summon Nature's Ally).

Here's all of the spells on their list:

0 - Create Water, Know Direction, Purify Food & Drink
1 - Calm Animals, Charm Animals, Detect Animals or Plants, Detect Snares and Pits, Longstrider, Pass Without Trace
2 - Animal Trance, Reduce Animal, Hold Animal, Wood Shape
3- Diminish Plants, Dominate Animal, Neutralize Poison, Quench, Snare
4- Antiplant Shell, Command Plants, Repel Vermin, Rusting Grasp
5- Awaken, Commune with Nature, Control Winds, Tree Stride
6- Find the Path, Repel Wood, Stone Tell, Transport Via Plants
7- Animate Plants, Transmute Metal to Wood, Windwalk
8- Animal Shapes, Control Plants, Repel Metal or Stone
9- Elemental Swarm, Regenerate, Shambler

Tokuhara
2013-01-02, 08:03 AM
Anyone got any ideas?

Fouredged Sword
2013-01-03, 12:12 PM
My thought would be to abuse Dominate Animal as they have bad will saves and are easy to poision. Poison them into a stuppor with damage to wis. Now you dominate them.

Walk around with a small army of dinosaurs.