PDA

View Full Version : The Screaming Spirits (IC)

Zhentarim
2013-01-01, 10:38 PM
The sun rose in Janus. The Bartender walked downstairs from his living area into his bar and opened shop. There was a loud rapping from his cellar. He winced. It, what ever "it" was, had been doing that rapping for weeks. He just wanted it to stop.

Razgriz
2013-01-02, 05:36 AM
She walks into the city in human form heading to the bakery in hopes to acquire some fresh bread. After she purchases a small amount she heads to the tavern and sits by a window.

May I please have some milk and whatever meat you are serving today for breakfast? She asks to Dean.

She gently nibbles at the bread taking one small bite at a time.

Jormengand
2013-01-02, 09:22 AM
Pedro walks into the bar. That sounds like the beginning of a really bad joke, but no. Pedro really does walk into the bar. C'mon Pedro, there'll be loads of pretty girls there...
Or pretty boys, hehehe.
Which is so amusing because?
Guys! Can we stop arguing?
I'm just trying to...
Do I look like I care?

Pedro sat down and tried to clear his head. It was going to be a long day. He would have welcomed a pretty girl right now. Don't you dare say it.

Hamste
2013-01-02, 12:38 PM
Pyrom slithered through the small village slowly. He wondered why he was even in this town as it seemed completely unremarkable in every way. Doom Prophet walked beside him glowering at the citizens that they saw. Then again most of them probably couldn't even tell that Doom was glowering as most people couldn't see her moods like he could. What an odd town this is, I wonder why everyone I see is a human. Pyrom thought looking around. He decided to head to the inn to rest for the day.

He squeezed through the door into the tavern and looked around. Hello there barkeep. I would like a room for one and a nice meal. I don't have any money but we can do work for our rooms. He said smiling. Doom Prophet followed him and looked around prepared for a fight if these people turned out to be aggressive to Merfolk.

shugyosha
2013-01-02, 12:45 PM
Wynie

She came to the village last night and got a small room in the local inn. She had hoped to sell her services as a healer for a short time then move on, but she had a feeling that things were about to be very different than what she had hoped.

She made her way to the tavern and found that she wasn't the first. There was a rather large man, a bit imposing, and a woman, who looked like she just came off the road. Feeling a bit friendly this morning decide to approach the woman.

"Good morning, I am Wynie. May I join you?" she asks the woman.

Razgriz
2013-01-02, 03:24 PM
Looks up Wynie overall surprised at her forwardness.

I have bread...

Holds up a small piece of it with noticeable small bites taken from it, while she quietly mentions the obvious.

She appears to be a human that is around four and a half feet tall. With brown eyes and long straight hair resembling the color of a bright red tail fox. Her outer layer of clothes is a plain forest green and brown explorers outfit. Her hat hanging off of the chair's back.

Zhentarim
2013-01-02, 04:06 PM
Dean smiles at his assorted customers. He brought the meat and milk for Yora.

Sorry for the delay…

He saw the eidolon and dropped the platter. There are not many of those in Janus. Technically, there were none among the 61 residents. He recovered from his shock and laughed in embarrassment. This was a largely human queendom, with dwarves being the next most common and the much hated Kitsune being the most common after dwarves. He looked at his other customers to see just who was in his bar.

Before he could get a close look at Yora, which would have had a slight chance of revealing her secret, the loud rapping from the cellar was heard again.

SHUT UP!!! I'd pay anything to stop that incessant rapping!

shugyosha
2013-01-02, 06:19 PM
Wynie

Looks up Wynie overall surprised at her forwardness.

I have bread...

Holds up a small piece of it with noticeable small bites taken from it, while she quietly mentions the obvious.

She pulls out a pair of hard boiled eggs. "I got these yesterday, I'll trade one for some of that fresh bread."

Dean smiles at his assorted customers. He brought the meat and milk for Yora.

Sorry for the delay…

"Ooo, that looks good. I'll have an order of that if you please."

SHUT UP!!! I'd pay anything to stop that incessant rapping!

Being her helpful self Wynie stands and asks, "Anything is a lot but I'll take a looksey and we can negotiate later on what 'anything' is.""

Zhentarim
2013-01-03, 12:35 AM
Dean opened the cellar door.

In there…

shugyosha
2013-01-03, 12:52 AM
Wynie

Wynie looked through the door into the darkness. She grabbed a fork and lit it with a simple spell and threw it into the cellar. If it is clear she'll go down and have a look.

[roll0] perception

Razgriz
2013-01-03, 03:22 AM
She holds the bread higher accepting the offer.

I got more then enough, and that egg looks tasty.

She watches the conversation with Wynie and the bartender. Keeping an even closer eye on Wynie after she chants a few things before the fork starts to glow.Sad on the inside that Wynie would throw away a perfectly good glowing fork like that... She momentarily day dreams about how useful a glowing fork would be.

Zhentarim
2013-01-03, 07:29 PM
(OOC: I'm not entirely comfortable with this forum's roll system, so I will have the rule be to beat my roll.)

In the dark cellar, there is a tiny chest the same color as the floor against the far wall. Will you see it amongst the more prominent things in the room, such as the wine shelves?

My roll: [roll0]

If you beat my roll, there is a small scroll inside of the chest. If you do not beat the roll, there is a loud knock right next to you that startles you slightly, breaking your attention temporarily.

Zhentarim
2013-01-03, 07:48 PM
(OOC: So that there is never an impossible roll, like above, everybody gets a bonus of one plus whatever other bonuses they have.)

Hamste
2013-01-03, 07:57 PM
(OOC: So that there is never an impossible roll, like above, everybody gets a bonus of one plus whatever other bonuses they have.)

(OOC: usually you give them dc (For example if it is supposed to be easy to find it would have a dc 10 but it can go a lot higher) that we have to beat, we then roll a d20+our bonuses. We only roll if we specifically say we are doing that action or if it seems reasonable for our characters to be constantly doing it.)

Zhentarim
2013-01-03, 11:10 PM
(OOC: usually you give them dc (For example if it is supposed to be easy to find it would have a dc 10 but it can go a lot higher) that we have to beat, we then roll a d20+our bonuses. We only roll if we specifically say we are doing that action or if it seems reasonable for our characters to be constantly doing it.)

(OOC: OK, so DC should be about 15. Do a check and I'll know exactly how it works from now on.)

shugyosha
2013-01-04, 10:26 AM
Wynie

"That's interesting," she mumbles to herself. She approaches the chest and lifts it. Finding the scroll she takes it and opens it up to read.

Razgriz
2013-01-04, 04:30 PM
Continues eating the meal leaving enough of the bread aside for Wynie. She keeps an eye out at the door to the cellar wondering what is down there.

Zhentarim
2013-01-04, 06:39 PM
Wynie

"That's interesting," she mumbles to herself. She approaches the chest and lifts it. Finding the scroll she takes it and opens it up to read.

"Take heed this letter, then engrave it upon a wall: The second letter of cat and third of read is the key that you shall need"

At the bottom of the scroll, there is blood.

shugyosha
2013-01-07, 02:08 PM
Wynie

She is a bit shocked at the blood. Taking it back up to the tavern, she asks the barkeep, "I found this in a chest down stairs, do you know anything about it?"

Zhentarim
2013-01-07, 02:27 PM
Wynie

She is a bit shocked at the blood. Taking it back up to the tavern, she asks the barkeep, "I found this in a chest down stairs, do you know anything about it?"

"I have a key shaped like an 'A'. My grandma gave it to me…"

Razgriz
2013-01-07, 06:39 PM
Finishes her meal with exception to the loaf of bread before walking over to the cellar door. Now curious of what is taking so long down there. Peeks sideways at the door looking down into it.

Hello down there? She says quietly, doing her best to look around.

Perception
[roll0]

Hamste
2013-01-07, 06:52 PM
Pyrom walked down the stairs with the others. It could be good money and he really needed it if he wanted to stay here. Doom Prophet came down with them. They hoped that there was nothing too dangerous down here.

[roll0] for me and [roll1] for Doom Prophet

shugyosha
2013-01-08, 11:14 AM
Wynie

"I have a key shaped like an 'A'. My grandma gave it to me…"

"Hmm... Yes, that might be something. Who was your grandma? Was that her chest down there?" she asks then looks at the two near the cellar door. "I found this note in a chest down there. It has blood on it. Come here and take a look at it."

Zhentarim
2013-01-08, 11:27 PM
Wynie

"Hmm... Yes, that might be something. Who was your grandma? Was that her chest down there?" she asks then looks at the two near the cellar door. "I found this note in a chest down there. It has blood on it. Come here and take a look at it."

"My grandma founded this town. She disappeared long ago…"

"He cleaned some ultrathick glasses and looked at the note again.

"It could be her handwriting… but why is there blood?"

shugyosha
2013-01-09, 12:29 AM
Wynie

"Maybe a ghost or maybe something else," she says in a matter of fact way. She takes a closer look at the blood before saying to the rest, "Maybe there is a secret door in the cellar, let's take a look."

How fresh is the blood? Still wet? Tacky? Or dry?

Razgriz
2013-01-09, 07:19 AM
She enters the cellar looking around still as Wynie invites her.Her first steps walk towards the chest and to Wynie.

Is it your blood?... I hope you're not hurt.

Her ears perk up at the idea of a secret door. She begins to feel along the walls and touching any near by lights while she investigates for one.

Zhentarim
2013-01-09, 07:31 AM
She enters the cellar looking around still as Wynie invites her.Her first steps walk towards the chest and to Wynie.

Is it your blood?... I hope you're not hurt.

Her ears perk up at the idea of a secret door. She begins to feel along the walls and touching any near by lights while she investigates for one.

Somewhere on the wall, there is an "A" engraved into it.
(DC: 25)

shugyosha
2013-01-09, 10:54 AM
Wynie

The young woman says, "Why don't you get that key, I'll join the others and look for a key hole in the cellar."

Wynie joins her breakfast friend in the cellar, "I think we are looking for a secret door. By the way what is your name?"

is there an answer to my question about the blood?

Razgriz
2013-01-09, 11:44 PM
She takes the key as Wynie tells her to, pocketing it in her pouch.

I am Yora. I have your bread that you wanted earlier. She holds out the bread in one hand holds it out Wynie as she starts her extensive search down in the cellar.

Do you think it is okay to be searching here like this? Most people don't appreciate this sort of thing. Oh and who might you be too? She attempts to carry on a conversation like searching through peoples stuff is no big deal to her.

Zhentarim
2013-01-12, 07:23 PM
Dean gave a shudder as there was another loud knock.

"We suspect she was murdered. But we aren't sure…"

shugyosha
2013-01-14, 03:01 PM
Wynie

Taking her time she looks around for any possible key hole.

Even if she takes 20, resulting in a 25

Zhentarim
2013-01-14, 04:42 PM
There is an "A" etched deep into the far wall. Their is a circle around the "A" that is as thin as a hair. The "A" gives a little when touched.

Razgriz
2013-01-14, 07:21 PM
Hey! It is right here! Right here!!She excitedly points it out while touching and pushing it fully in.

Zhentarim
2013-01-15, 04:44 PM
A panel near the floor recedes as if by some magic. It had previously appeared to be one of the bricks in the cellar wall, which it was in a way. It likely was magic, but the point is that it moved. The result was a tunnel just big enough that a creature the size of a fox could fit through.

Razgriz
2013-01-15, 08:26 PM
Blinks softly as the wall moves suddenly.

Barmister, your wall broke... Somehow... It... Wasn't me I swear.

She looks in before entering, reading to escape if something scares her.

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 12:04 AM
Wynie

She looks at the small hole and says, "I'm not that small. How are we going to get through that."

Razgriz
2013-01-17, 02:15 PM
It can fit you... It just would be a tight fit.. Not calling you fat! Umm.... Oh hey look the hole is still there...

She quickly crawls into it trying to avoid any other unpleasant conversation. Doing her best to look around for a key hole or anything else interesting.

Perception
[roll0]

Zhentarim
2013-01-18, 06:36 PM
At the end of the tunnel, there is a fox's skeleton in a chamber. The tunnel had been a long trip for Yora at a 45 degree decline. There is a lever on the far wall of the chamber.

Razgriz
2013-01-20, 04:58 PM
Going through the tunnel she encounters the body and panics on the inside backing against the wall looking down at the body searching with her eyes.

Heeeey, Wynie, there is a body down here...

Hamste
2013-01-20, 05:29 PM
I will send some help down there to take care of what ever killed it. This should let you actually see. Pyrom said as he dismissed his eidolon. He then summoned a Fiendish fire beetle and sent it down the passage way. It would give them light so they wouldn't have to feel their way along and it would be able to take what ever it was that killed the kitsune in it. He was somewhat surprised that their companion was a kitsune as shown by them turning into a fox but it didn't matter much.

I just realized it's a fox sized hole, if you want to fit you will need to be in fox form but that requires a feat to do, that means you would have needed to take that feat instead of the point blank shot to get into the hole.

shugyosha
2013-01-21, 12:05 PM
Wynie

While un-phased by her breakfast companion's transformation, the young priestess watches with curiosity as the spell is cast. She had seen may other use the arcane arts before but was always delighted by the spectacle.