PDA

View Full Version : Conquered Mountain (discipline), WIP, PEACH and ideas please!

sirpercival
2013-01-02, 11:16 AM
Note:
One of the only skills not yet associated with a martial discipline is Climb. I had this idea last night, but am still fleshing it out. Help would be appreciated :D

Conquered Mountain

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I6tGjn-tMe4/SIOob_UKnWI/AAAAAAAABAY/QevjJxPm-eo/s640/colossus01_07.jpg

In the early days of Reshar's Temple, legend holds of a small boy who liked to sit atop the temple walls and observe the warriors training inside. One day that boy descended from his perch and asked to be admitted to the class. He was met with derision and mockery, which he bore stoically, and asked to be allowed to test his potential. The amused sensei chose the largest and most fearsome opponent for the impudent boy, hoping to scare him away.

It took the child less than a minute, and he left the enormous warrior senseless on the ground. Legend says that he then bowed to the sensei, said, "Perhaps I would not fit in after all. Please excuse me," and left the Temple, never to be seen again.

Luckily, a scribe recorded the boy's actions during the match, and was later able to codify the techniques into a discipline taught to the smallest and most unassuming of students.

Key Skill: Climb
Discipline Weapons: Dagger, garrote, longspear, short sword.

Feats

TBD

Note: Several maneuvers have the [Shared] descriptor (and are marked with an asterisk); these maneuvers can only be initiated while occupying the same square as a creature at least one size category larger than you.

Maneuver and Stance list

Level 1:
Climb the Mountain - Enter your opponent's square with a Climb check.
Colossus Strike* - Strike. Make a melee attack which deals extra damage to larger enemies.
Nimble Ascent - Stance. Climb and fight at the same time with no penalties; gain Climb bonuses for small size.
Stone Monkey - Counter. Make a grapple check to avoid an attack, unless that attack could be made while grappling.

Level 2:
Ape's Grip - Boost. Continue climbing even after a failed Climb check.
Eyes and Ears* - Strike. Your melee attack can blind or deafen your opponent.
Traverse the Foothills - Strike. Make a melee attack and move into your opponent's square, entangling them.

Level 3:
Atop the Summit - Stance. Use your Climb bonus when grappling.
Rushing River* - Follow your opponent when they move.
Weak Point* - Boost. You can damage an opponent who is normally immune with critical hits and precision damage.

Level 4:
Scaling Strike - Strike. Make a melee attack and move into your opponent's square, grappling them.
Slippery Eel - Counter. Avoid an Extraordinary special attack as per Freedom of Movement.

Level 5:
Thumb Jab - Strike. Make one attack that opens up the opportunity to make another with a Climb check.

Level 6:

Level 7:

Level 8:

Level 9:
Separate Skull* - Strike. Make a coup-de-grace as a standard action.

sirpercival
2013-01-02, 11:18 AM
Reserved for maneuver descriptions.

dspeyer
2013-01-02, 02:12 PM
Thinking alike. Don't know if you want to look at Clambering Wolverine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14460938#post14460938) or not.

sirpercival
2013-01-02, 03:10 PM
Thinking alike. Don't know if you want to look at Clambering Wolverine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14460938#post14460938) or not.

Lol!

I took a glance, and yes we had a similar starting point, but I think we took slightly different approaches. I'm not going to look much more until after I'm done, to try and keep the conceptual spaces distinct. Good on ya! :D