PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire Apps

Vaz
2013-01-02, 03:16 PM
Got a Kindle Fire for XMas; now I already have a good few apps on my Android OS phone, I was wondering if there are any decent games or Apps I am missing?

I currently have for games;

Angry Birds Series
Fruit Ninja
Bloons TD5

Are there any others you suggest? I am looking forward to Baldurs Gate for Android, but AFAIK that is not out yet. Paid or free, it doesn't matter.

Ogremindes
2013-01-02, 04:31 PM
Got a Kindle Fire for XMas; now I already have a good few apps on my Android OS phone, I was wondering if there are any decent games or Apps I am missing?

I currently have for games;

Angry Birds Series
Fruit Ninja
Bloons TD5

Are there any others you suggest? I am looking forward to Baldurs Gate for Android, but AFAIK that is not out yet. Paid or free, it doesn't matter.

I don't know what's available on Amazon or will work on a Fire, but here's my list based on what I have on my tablet:

Games I've Played
Majesty. This is a mobile conversion of the PC game of the same name. A fantasy RTS where the gimmick is you don't directly control your units, instead you place bounties to influence their AI. The lack of micromanagement means that it's a good fit for mobile.

Beastie Bay and Dungeon Village. These are Kairosoft games, town building sims. Dungeon Village has a fantasy theme, Beastie Bay adds Pokemon and RPG battles. Kairosoft games are all pretty similar, so you'll learn if you like them pretty quick.

Battleheart. Encounter based action RPG where you control a party. Fun, though I gather the iOS version is simply better.

Hunters: Episode One. Squad tactics RPG. A little unstable last I played it, but nevertheless it's a strong tactical game designed for mobile.

Knights of Pen and Paper. An interesting RPG. Neat graphics and story gimmick. Can get repetitive, but I didn't find the main campaign to wear out its welcome. The post-game and other content not so much.

Games I've been Meaning to Play
Avadon. Big old school RPG by Spiderweb Software. I honestly don't know how well it controls as it was designed for PC (well, Mac) first then ported.

Rebuild. Well reviewed zombie apocalypse strategy game.

Wasted Lands. Well reviewed tactical RPG using the Call of Cthulhu license.

Sword and Sworcery. Just noticed this in the Play store. I played a bit on iPhone and it's pretty interesting.