PDA

View Full Version : High Justice Toobeannounced [FVS CharOp]

toapat
2013-01-03, 01:50 AM
Well, i got bored and was looking at the Favored Soul, and so now i have a new Optimization Gymnasium for the playground:

Name: <Redacted>
Race: Open
Attributes: Open
Skills: Minimum Know Religion 5, Know Arcane 5, Know (Nobility) 4(5 (More convienient for our last PrC)), Ride 4, Diplomacy 5

Favored Soul 1: Power Attack, Mounted Combat, Servant of the Heavens (just getting those nasty PrC requirements out of the way real quick)
Favored Soul 2:
Favored Soul 3: <Feat>
Favored Soul 4: Goodbye lame Favored Soul, thanks for the free weapon focus and Cha Casting.
Prestiege Paladin 1: Why Hello there Turn undead. nice of you to show up
Prestiege Paladin 2: <Feat>
Prestiege Paladin 3: Sadly, Favored Soul is not a full BAB class.
Fist of Raziel 1:
Fist of Raziel 2: <Feat>
Fist of Raziel 3:
Fist of Raziel 4:
Fist of Raziel 5: <Feat>
Fist of Raziel 6:
Fist of Raziel 7:
Fist of Raziel 8: <Feat>
Fist of Raziel 9:
Fist of Raziel 10:
Paragnostic Apostle 1: <Feat> <Knowledge is Power>
Paragnostic Apostle 2: <Knowledge is Power>
Paragnostic Apostle 3: <Knowledge is Power>

Spells Known:

0th: 9 Known/open
1st: 6 Known/open
2nd: 6 Known/open
3rd: 6 Known/open
4th: Glory of the Martyr, 5 Open
5th: 6 Known/open
6th: 6 Known/open
7th: 5 Known/open
8th: 4 Known/open
9th: Gate, Miracle, Open

So, how would you finish this Favored Soul?

Darius Kane
2013-01-03, 02:06 AM
You don't qualify for Prestige Paladin. You don't have: +4 BaB, Ride 4 ranks, Turn Undead.

Snowbluff
2013-01-03, 02:58 AM
Are you a Melee Divine caster? Then why haven't you taken Ordained Champion yet?!

Psyren
2013-01-03, 09:27 AM
As Darius pointed out, you need TU and 4 BAB to get into PrC Paladin. Sacred Exorcist is the best way to get TU as you won't lose CL, but you need 4th-level spells to get in.

My preferred "super-paladin" build is FS 7/Dragonslayer 1/Sacred Exorcist 1/Prestige Paladin 2/Fist of Raziel 9 - this only loses 2 CL, therefore it gets what you were appearing to go for (a paladin with 9th-level spells). You get the standard paladin goodies like Cha to saves and fear immunity, as well as lots of powerful smites.

Are you a Melee Divine caster? Then why haven't you taken Ordained Champion yet?!

Doesn't this lose CL on entry? He only has room to lose 2 if he wants 9ths, and both are accounted for. (PrC Paladin 2 for divine grace, and FoR 1 for entry.)

Snowbluff
2013-01-03, 11:13 AM
(PrC Paladin 2 for divine grace, and FoR 1 for entry.)

Why does that exist? Ordained Champion gets a smite as well. A far better version in my mind, at least. And Channel Spell. Before you tank your second CL.

Psyren
2013-01-03, 12:00 PM
Why does that exist? Ordained Champion gets a smite as well. A far better version in my mind, at least. And Channel Spell. Before you tank your second CL.

Oh, you meant OC instead of FoR. Hmm. Well, it's certainly an option for Favored Souls who want to be LG without being too goody-goody, or for DMs who allow Prestige Paladin to be combined with the Paladin of Tyranny. If only the autoquicken on War domain spells didn't lose a CL...

Snowbluff
2013-01-03, 12:08 PM
Oh, you meant OC instead of FoR. Hmm. Well, it's certainly an option for Favored Souls who want to be LG without being too goody-goody, or for DMs who allow Prestige Paladin to be combined with the Paladin of Tyranny. If only the autoquicken on War domain spells didn't lose a CL...

Yeah, the loss of the autoquicken is sad. The Smite for OC is nice since its based on turning level, but it's bad because it's based on turning level. You can still use items to improve it, though.

FavoredSoul4/OrdainedChampion3/(2Fullcasting)/SacredExorcist1+/PrCPaladin2

toapat
2013-01-03, 11:33 PM
FavoredSoul4/OrdainedChampion3/(2Fullcasting)/SacredExorcist1+/PrCPaladin2

Not worth it. the Smite is costing you a resource best spent elsewhere. This is also a FVS, you dont have an infinite spell list to shovel into your melee weapon.

As for the paladin not being available: I missed the Turn undead pre-requisite. Basically makes the class useless.

as far as the other problems, qualify on entry allowed.

Psyren
2013-01-04, 12:25 AM
I do like the OC's spell channel because the spell isn't discharged if you miss, and it stays on your weapon for 8 hours until you hit. So you basically get 4 chances to land something nasty like Harm (1 per iterative) and you can smite on your first attack to get Cha to attack, making it about as good as a MTA vs. most foes. It's also a move action to charge, so you can put one spell in your sword, hold the charge on another, move into melee and let rip.

I still prefer Fist of Raziel (separate smite pool and neat rider effects - plus the name is badass) but OC is definitely a good substitute, particularly for paladins who don't want to be exalted good.