PDA

View Full Version : Scars of Tharon OOC



Pages : [1] 2 3

Firebrand
2013-01-03, 12:59 PM
Hail, fellow Gamers I hope to entertain all of you until you have rung this campaign dry. The sheets and their players are located below and I will update them with your selected colors. I would like you to know that I seem to have picked a bunch of powerful characters that would rip through fights, but I warn you now that combat is the hardest part to do in a play-by-post meaning that when there are fights I will do everything in my power to rush through them. Fair warning.

I summon TABLE!:

{table=head]Player|Character(s)|Colors
The_listener|Adam Iscariot Sontir (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491060)|Dark red
THEChanger|He who is Broken (John) and Raven Swarm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=465912)|Dark Green and Dark Green Century Gothic,
Aldurin|Derek (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491485)|Light Blue
Doc_Pippin|Rosja (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491927) and Bolley (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=492693)|Purple and Dark orange
[/table]

Aldurin
2013-01-03, 01:19 PM
Derek will speak in LightBlue.

Firebrand
2013-01-03, 01:44 PM
IC is started though not as elaborate as I wish I could make it

Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266407)

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-03, 03:05 PM
Rosja shall speak in Purple and Bolley will use Dark orange
:smallbiggrin:

And because "Euphony" (Rosja's Item Familiar) is an extension of himself it shall speak in Indigo sharing the whole purple basis

THEChanger
2013-01-03, 06:06 PM
He Who Is Broken will speak in Dark Green. His raven swarm speaks in Dark Green Century Gothic, though they don't talk much.

The_listener
2013-01-03, 08:06 PM
Sorry for the late reply, work was a little hectic today.
Adam will speak in the appropriate Dark red. His lacky's, well I'll cross that bridge if and when we get there.

Aldurin
2013-01-04, 08:05 PM
What's the budget for our magical item of choice? Are we allowed to make an abomination of effects via MIC rules, or do we have to choose from existing magic items?

Firebrand
2013-01-04, 08:19 PM
What's the budget for our magical item of choice? Are we allowed to make an abomination of effects via MIC rules, or do we have to choose from existing magic items?

Hrrm...Keep the price of the item under 175,000 GP (meaning you pay 87,500 GP), but you are allowed to get a custom item. Just give me the layout and I'll be cool.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-05, 12:10 AM
I'm thinking a custom Item that gives a Pseudo Words of Creation feat, I can't actually use the words of Creation, not having the wis or the proper alignment but flavor wise it makes sense, it would allow him to further his goal of the perfect song. Perhaps drop a song of the heart feat in if the price is far lower than the others.

Aldurin
2013-01-05, 03:40 AM
Hrrm...Keep the price of the item under 175,000 GP (meaning you pay 87,500 GP), but you are allowed to get a custom item. Just give me the layout and I'll be cool.

Well, my remaining gold is 65,000, so that leaves me slightly limited. As for the magic item, could I get something that allows me to teleport a single member of my swarm to me as a swift action (assuming they're in hivemind range), preferably a ring slot? It'd allow me to be less paranoid about letting swarmlings wander away from me and would make it easier to manage larger swarms (I may eventually generate more swarmlings and infest some victims later on). If you won't allow an at-will usage (or if it'd be too expensive) then how about once-per-day for each member of the swarm?

Firebrand
2013-01-05, 03:37 PM
I'm thinking a custom Item that gives a Pseudo Words of Creation feat, I can't actually use the words of Creation, not having the wis or the proper alignment but flavor wise it makes sense, it would allow him to further his goal of the perfect song. Perhaps drop a song of the heart feat in if the price is far lower than the others.

Alright so I have something that might work out that will run you about 66,000 GP it may cost more, but we'll discuss through PM. Do you have enough cash or do you want to pay Lyonard when the item is done? (All of you can do that of course)


Well, my remaining gold is 65,000, so that leaves me slightly limited. As for the magic item, could I get something that allows me to teleport a single member of my swarm to me as a swift action (assuming they're in hivemind range), preferably a ring slot? It'd allow me to be less paranoid about letting swarmlings wander away from me and would make it easier to manage larger swarms (I may eventually generate more swarmlings and infest some victims later on). If you won't allow an at-will usage (or if it'd be too expensive) then how about once-per-day for each member of the swarm?

An item like that will cost 59,400 GP. It is a command word ring using the Word of Recall spell with the ring bearer being the "sanctuary" and the range is within the "Hive Mind" range. Sound fair?

Aldurin
2013-01-05, 04:20 PM
An item like that will cost 59,400 GP. It is a command word ring using the Word of Recall spell with the ring bearer being the "sanctuary" and the range is within the "Hive Mind" range. Sound fair?

That sounds good.

Firebrand
2013-01-05, 06:45 PM
Alright you guys, don't worry. Lyonard is sending one of his men to get the orders for your probably custom items. Just tell me about what you want and if it takes a while to hammer things out we'll pretend you knew what you wanted all along that way it'll be ready when you get back from your first mission.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-06, 12:01 AM
I will pay after it is ready, ((I'm currently poor but I'm a bard :S ))

Firebrand
2013-01-06, 12:02 AM
I will pay after it is ready, ((I'm currently poor but I'm a bard :S ))

Is cool man there will be gold a plenty during the trips around the world

Aldurin
2013-01-06, 12:10 AM
Would it be ok if I swap out my Elemental Swarm Adaption (infest elementals) with Synthetic Swarm (infest constructs)? I realize that it may be useful when it comes to talking to Ilena, and I doubt I'll find any elementals this soon.

Firebrand
2013-01-06, 12:40 AM
Would it be ok if I swap out my Elemental Swarm Adaption (infest elementals) with Synthetic Swarm (infest constructs)? I realize that it may be useful when it comes to talking to Ilena, and I doubt I'll find any elementals this soon.

No prob dude, but this kind of thing will have to be one time. I can't be having my players getting in the habit of shifting their builds you know. (and yes everyone else can shift a feat, if the situation calls for it, too)

Aldurin
2013-01-06, 12:44 AM
No prob dude, but this kind of thing will have to be one time. I can't be having my players getting in the habit of shifting their builds you know. (and yes everyone else can shift a feat, if the situation calls for it, too)

That's cool, I just only wanted this one time, and I'm totally cool with dealing with it should a similar problem arise.

Firebrand
2013-01-06, 01:12 AM
That's cool, I just only wanted this one time, and I'm totally cool with dealing with it should a similar problem arise.

Then change away good sir!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-06, 08:30 AM
43 Bolley's Savvy rogue allowed take 12 on diplomacy to attract the locals.

Aldurin
2013-01-07, 03:00 PM
Man, now that I know that down the road I can come back and buy myself a prismatic golem to assimilate . . . SO MUCH POWER!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-07, 10:46 PM
Must resist urge to rob village shops blind!!!!

Firebrand
2013-01-07, 11:47 PM
Must resist urge to rob village shops blind!!!!

I recommend that you don't anger Ilena! :smallbiggrin:

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-07, 11:55 PM
Indeed, so resist I must lest I be smote upon the mountain side (beautifully smote, yet smote none the less)

Firebrand
2013-01-08, 12:04 AM
Indeed, so resist I must lest I be smote upon the mountain side (beautifully smote, yet smote none the less)

I'm sure it would let Rosja pass the time before someone resurrected him :smallsmile:, but I wish to ask. What will Rosja and Bolley do now? Bolley can easily relay the intel to Rosja, but then what?

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-08, 01:38 AM
Bolley will try and go to what she finds most interesting which at the moment is the scar, Rosja is very Eeyore like and doesn't care either way. He has goals but he is very hard to motivate so Bolley will win unless the others fill her in on possibly more interesting alternatives.

Aldurin
2013-01-08, 02:32 AM
Derek will be stuck in the town for a week, hopefully having his own RP stuff going on during that time. It's fine if you guys feel like exploring somewhere else, but if you decide to stay then I guess that's fine as if anything you can distract the enemy in the inevitable first encounter.

Firebrand
2013-01-08, 02:08 PM
Derek will be stuck in the town for a week, hopefully having his own RP stuff going on during that time. It's fine if you guys feel like exploring somewhere else, but if you decide to stay then I guess that's fine as if anything you can distract the enemy in the inevitable first encounter.

How active can Derek be during the templating?

Aldurin
2013-01-08, 02:12 PM
How active can Derek be during the templating?

He can probably do stuff around the town and the like, but he's not going to leave since he doesn't want to come back to find the town and his very expensive purchase to be destroyed by something while he was gone. He may help out in a few local projects or help defend the town against something while he's there.

The template itself just requires making the touch attack and then waiting for the victim to come out of the cocoon later (assuming no saves are necessary, since it takes a fort save to start the process and a will save to subsume the result into the hive mind, hopefully the latter being unnecessary for constructs).

The_listener
2013-01-08, 04:38 PM
Of course I'm not trying to manipulate a demon.... :smallamused:

Firebrand
2013-01-08, 04:41 PM
Of course I'm not trying to manipulate a demon.... :smallamused:

Hope it doesn't go the other way for you my man. :smallwink:

The_listener
2013-01-08, 04:45 PM
... hmmmm, thank god for immunity to mind affecting abilities!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-08, 06:36 PM
Or So You Think! I Will So Mess With Your Mind!!!!

Firebrand
2013-01-08, 08:51 PM
Alright I think I have the places people will be at for about a week before I use the power of plot to force you guys to work together:

Aldurin/Derek: Ilena's village

Doc_Pippin/Rosja & Bolley: Rantuga

THEChanger/John: The Forest of Giants

The_listener/Adam: Kendor

Please confirm! It is not expected that you will stay there for the whole week, but it is where you are all headed for the time being. Feel free to change your mind!

Aldurin
2013-01-08, 10:01 PM
Alright I think I have the places people will be at for about a week before I use the power of plot to force you guys to work together:

Aldurin/Derek: Ilena's village

Doc_Pippin/Rosja & Bolley: Rantuga

THEChanger/John: The Forest of Giants

The_listener/Adam: Kendor

Please confirm! It is not expected that you will stay there for the whole week, but it is where you are all headed for the time being. Feel free to change your mind!

Yeah, I'm staying at the village. A couple questions though:

What happened to the creature serving Adam that was commanded to follow the group into Ilena's village?

Is whatever is watching Derek and Ilena out of range of his mindsight or would he have noticed at some point?

Do the other PCs count as valid targets for Derek's correspond power? It will allow them to stay in communication during that time.

I also noticed that you updated Adam's perspective quite a few times but seem to have ignored my response. Did you just not notice it or is there a reason you're not updating that perspective yet?

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-08, 11:54 PM
Confirmed sir, IC post incoming soon

Firebrand
2013-01-09, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I'm staying at the village. A couple questions though:

What happened to the creature serving Adam that was commanded to follow the group into Ilena's village?

Is whatever is watching Derek and Ilena out of range of his mindsight or would he have noticed at some point?

Do the other PCs count as valid targets for Derek's correspond power? It will allow them to stay in communication during that time.

I also noticed that you updated Adam's perspective quite a few times but seem to have ignored my response. Did you just not notice it or is there a reason you're not updating that perspective yet?

I don't really know about the first thing

They are in the mountain mines outside of the village limits so it is out of mindsight.

If they are willing it is definitely valid, but now that the group is doing individual investigations could you have done something before hand like placing vermin before the group started splitting off?

I did not notice! If I ever do this again just PM me and smack me upside the head!! Sorry!

Aldurin
2013-01-09, 02:13 AM
I don't really know about the first thing

They are in the mountain mines outside of the village limits so it is out of mindsight.

If they are willing it is definitely valid, but now that the group is doing individual investigations could you have done something before hand like placing vermin before the group started splitting off?

I did not notice! If I ever do this again just PM me and smack me upside the head!! Sorry!

1. It's far back in the IC thread, maybe The Listener can answer that in his next IC post.


As the others left, Adam glanced out of the window at the sun, grimacing as he did. He quickly gestured for his hulk to follow them;
"I have matters to attend to, I shall meet you there."

2. Fine, I'll wait until later to see if it's worth keeping alive for assimilation.

3. You mean swarmlings? I could but the production of more swarmlings is being held back by character development more than practicality, and then there's Derek's bent to protect his swarm and do what he can to keep it out of danger, so he wouldn't be keen to send them away until he has the ability to yoink them back in the blink of an eye.

4. That's ok, it's probably just good to scroll back up after you write a post, that way you don't miss it if someone posts while you're writing yours.

edit:
The Listener: I don't know if Adam is the "don't call me, I'll call you" type, so if he does ignore the correspond IC then I won't hold it against you.

Firebrand
2013-01-11, 04:24 PM
I would like to explain my sudden drop in activity. You see, I retrieved a copy of Dragon Quest IX from my family members as a late Christmas Present. The initial need to binge has mostly subsided so I am back. I hope I have not caused any problems thus far.

Aldurin
2013-01-11, 04:38 PM
I would like to explain my sudden drop in activity. You see, I retrieved a copy of Dragon Quest IX from my family members as a late Christmas Present. The initial need to binge has mostly subsided so I am back. I hope I have not caused any problems thus far.

It's fine, and I think I'm ready to have Derek's perspective updated.

Firebrand
2013-01-11, 04:59 PM
Do you guys know how I could place a gif on the forums as an attachment? I've never really done it before and it would be pretty convenient. Sorry if it's a bother

EDIT: Wait I think I've got it!!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-13, 06:41 PM
So I guess Rosja will go in search of a noble house in which to work for a day or so before going to the council, as without Bolley telling him to Rosja won't do much of anything but play music.

Barring any event effecting him he will seek out the wealthiest family either living or Undead (oh how sweet to bring emotions to the dead with my music) to audition and work for an evening, then at first light The duo will continue on to the counsel.

I am on my phone so I will post with rolls here in the next 20 mins

Firebrand
2013-01-13, 10:06 PM
So I guess Rosja will go in search of a noble house in which to work for a day or so before going to the council, as without Bolley telling him to Rosja won't do much of anything but play music.

Barring any event effecting him he will seek out the wealthiest family either living or Undead (oh how sweet to bring emotions to the dead with my music) to audition and work for an evening, then at first light The duo will continue on to the counsel.

I am on my phone so I will post with rolls here in the next 20 mins

This can be arranged I will start writing some stuff out. Be happy that undead have magic hearing for whatever reason.


Announcement for everybody:

I will be going back to college tomorrow. I don't really know how it will affect my posting, but I will try to visit and respond as much as I can. So if I'm ever slow on getting back to you guys just blame it on school.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-13, 10:30 PM
Song of the Dead is my meal ticket! I can inspires and cast mind affecting on undead. They need a friend anyway!

THEChanger
2013-01-14, 12:57 AM
Hmmm...my Spot and Listen checks are not very high.

Here's hoping the RNG gods are smiling upon me today.

Spot-[roll0]
Listen-[roll1]

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 01:22 AM
Ok so the rolls I guess before I type out the hunt for a wealthy patron that I shall charm and mooch off of.



[roll0] Gather Information on nearby Noble who would pay a bard well
[roll1] Knowledge (Nobility) to recall important facts about any such tips
[roll2] Diplomacy to convince them to Hire me at an exorbitant price....

Aldurin
2013-01-14, 01:30 AM
Ok so the rolls I guess before I type out the hunt for a wealthy patron that I shall charm and mooch off of.



[roll0] Gather Information on nearby Noble who would pay a bard well
[roll1] Knowledge (Nobility) to recall important facts about any such tips
[roll2] Diplomacy to convince them to Hire me at an exorbitant price....



Heh, seems like we all have means of getting anywhere. You can talk your way in, Adam can . . . do vampire things to get in, John can transform into whatever helps him get in, and I can murder my way in :P

Aldurin
2013-01-15, 02:43 AM
Well, now that we know a lot more of what happened in the last campaign of this setting, we're in a great position to know more (how much more will be determined by the outcome of my battle).

Firebrand
2013-01-15, 08:44 AM
Well, now that we know a lot more of what happened in the last campaign of this setting, we're in a great position to know more (how much more will be determined by the outcome of my battle).

Depends on how and where you investigate before making your escape. (Remember to grab your brass golem cause that was expensive!)

The_listener
2013-01-15, 12:51 PM
Shouldn't some vampiric backup be appearing near him soon?

Firebrand
2013-01-15, 06:28 PM
Shouldn't some vampiric backup be appearing near him soon?

They will take hours to get there from the 15 minutes it took Ilena to lead Derek to the mines, even though they are very fast it will be a while in a combat sense. If Derek informs Adam or something then you can have the vampires arrive earlier with whatever methods you might have.

Aldurin
2013-01-15, 06:35 PM
They will take hours to get there from the 15 minutes it took Ilena to lead Derek to the mines, even though they are very fast it will be a while in a combat sense. If Derek informs Adam or something then you can have the vampires arrive earlier with whatever methods you might have.

Derek is probably gonna solo brawl this until either he can take Ilena alive or until he's forced into a retreat, and since correspond takes 10 minutes to cast and he already ran out of his first one he's in no position to call for back up even if that was something on his mind.

edit: and it looks like my two classes have an even more terrifying synergy than I first thought they did. especially since the swarmlord's melee role is eclipsed by the fact that unarmed and natural attacks can't be used together.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 03:55 PM
So I don't mean to be a bother, but I am currently unable to post because I don't know if I found what I was looking for or if I failed or if something else entirely happened....:smalleek:

Firebrand
2013-01-16, 04:04 PM
So I don't mean to be a bother, but I am currently unable to post because I don't know if I found what I was looking for or if I failed or if something else entirely happened....:smalleek:

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Alright Doc_Pippin I will provide you with a noble character to interact with ASAP. Don't be afraid to PM me about these things!!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 05:27 PM
Its ok, I like reading the posts of others and with the greater detail they need My posts can be more spread out, I just wanted to make sure y'all knew I was still here. I will post on the subject of the patron shortly.:smallsmile:

Aldurin
2013-01-18, 03:50 AM
I'm actually surprised that I'm having to ask for a chart that large, though I can't make myself stick to the potential maximum value all the time and intend to continue to shuffle mutations like a madman for fluff and variety. Besides, if I always abused that then there would be nothing for me to add to my swarm :smalltongue:

The_listener
2013-01-18, 06:22 AM
May they be powered by souls sir? In which case Vahric has plenty to spare.

Aldurin
2013-01-18, 01:43 PM
May they be powered by souls sir? In which case Vahric has plenty to spare.

Negative energy is what my Knowledge: Arcana check told me about them. Which goes well with the theory that the Scars are rifts to a negative energy plane.

The_listener
2013-01-18, 04:10 PM
If it is negative energy, even better!

Firebrand
2013-01-18, 05:53 PM
I'm actually surprised that I'm having to ask for a chart that large, though I can't make myself stick to the potential maximum value all the time and intend to continue to shuffle mutations like a madman for fluff and variety. Besides, if I always abused that then there would be nothing for me to add to my swarm :smalltongue:

I'm just glad you're enjoying yourself you killing machine you.


May they be powered by souls sir? In which case Vahric has plenty to spare.

The pieces of the puzzle are coming together-


Negative energy is what my Knowledge: Arcana check told me about them. Which goes well with the theory that the Scars are rifts to a negative energy plane.

...but there are more pieces to be found.

Aldurin
2013-01-18, 08:55 PM
Being attacked by friggin salads . . . I gotta try to prioritize adding more types that I can infest. With any hope, spilling their guts on the walls helps bump me up to everyone else's level.

Firebrand
2013-01-18, 09:25 PM
Being attacked by friggin salads . . . I gotta try to prioritize adding more types that I can infest. With any hope, spilling their guts on the walls helps bump me up to everyone else's level.

I'm sure you don't need to kill too many vegetable medley's cause you're plenty powerful...I think I need to see everyone else in action, but your current performance has been terrifying.

Aldurin
2013-01-18, 09:37 PM
I'm sure you don't need to kill too many vegetable medley's cause you're plenty powerful...I think I need to see everyone else in action, but your current performance has been terrifying.

You just don't mess with a hard-headed customer, they'll do anything to make sure they pick up their purchase :smalltongue:. I'm just disappointed Ilena had that contingency, as having her in the swarm would have been nice.

Firebrand
2013-01-18, 09:40 PM
You just don't mess with a hard-headed customer, they'll do anything to make sure they pick up their purchase :smalltongue:. I'm just disappointed Ilena had that contingency, as having her in the swarm would have been nice.

Well She had to come prepared since her job was only to distract you. I really don't want to think about what would happen if she had been assimilated.

Aldurin
2013-01-18, 09:43 PM
Well She had to come prepared since her job was only to distract you. I really don't want to think about what would happen if she had been assimilated.

Oh, just plot-wise that would have solved so much by having direct access to her mind.

And I think I get the message now, performing genocide on the slaads is optional but not recommended at this point.

Firebrand
2013-01-19, 07:37 PM
Derek has gotten 6650 XP from his battle.

This was from killing 2 stone Golems, 1 Thoon Hulk, 1 Green Slaad, and 1 Red Slaad. That is a pretty good amount, but don't worry everyone else! There will be plenty of XP for your respective parts too! Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys the XP as it comes up from getting trust, info, clever ideas, etc.

Aldurin
2013-01-19, 08:42 PM
Hmm, clearly I need to kill more . . . :smalltongue:

Anyways, I need a DM update from my Scout swarmling's perspective so that it can safely surface and draw the blood gate.

Aldurin
2013-01-20, 01:01 AM
Thumbs up for posting at the same time :smalltongue:

Editing the surface swarmling's actions then.

Firebrand
2013-01-20, 01:11 AM
Thumbs up for posting at the same time :smalltongue:

Editing the surface swarmling's actions then.

Hah!

Well the blood magic will be up and going so...

the_listener: I don't know anything about the royal guard or the cabal so you can go ahead and put descriptions for them and we'll discuss their stats through PM or something. Go ahead and assume they get their in 5 minutes like you asked and post about you going through the blood portal.

Be careful you two. There's no telling what you'll encounter in those mines/Ilena's home.

Aldurin
2013-01-20, 01:14 AM
Be careful you two. There's no telling what you'll encounter in those mines/Ilena's home.

Now I get the feeling that the leader is using Gate to summon something that can go toe-to-toe with me :smalleek:

The_listener
2013-01-21, 08:23 PM
Pfft werewolves think they have the monopoly on wolves :smallwink:

Firebrand
2013-01-23, 11:19 PM
alright you guys I know I have not posted in 2 days and I apologize, but I will be less busy the rest of the week so lay it on me at your convenience!

Aldurin
2013-01-24, 02:10 AM
Going to handle initiative here and seek out a few clarifications.

First, Swarm initiative shall trump all.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] We have a winner!
[roll3]
[roll4]

Derek is still in Hulk mode Gargantuan size, so he actually occupies four squares. Since swarmling location isn't specified, I'm defaulting Scouts as being in Derek's front 2 squares and Brawlers as being right in front of Derek (unless you demand different starting locations.)

Also, do we have a surprise round? It's unclear about that.

Finally, I noticed that I forgot to add standard HD progression ability score gains to my Brawlers, and completely ignored CON bonus to HP for both swarmling types, those have been updated.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-24, 03:48 AM
For Rosja and Bolley would it be possible to time skip to the feast?

Firebrand
2013-01-24, 11:08 AM
Going to handle initiative here and seek out a few clarifications.

First, Swarm initiative shall trump all.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] We have a winner!
[roll3]
[roll4]

Derek is still in Hulk mode Gargantuan size, so he actually occupies four squares. Since swarmling location isn't specified, I'm defaulting Scouts as being in Derek's front 2 squares and Brawlers as being right in front of Derek (unless you demand different starting locations.)

Also, do we have a surprise round? It's unclear about that.

Finally, I noticed that I forgot to add standard HD progression ability score gains to my Brawlers, and completely ignored CON bonus to HP for both swarmling types, those have been updated.

D'oh! I forgot about your size!!
I will place your swarmlings in your specified positions

Yes, you do have a surprise round I should have put that in there

No prob man you caught it before combat started


For Rosja and Bolley would it be possible to time skip to the feast?

Done and Done

Aldurin
2013-01-24, 02:48 PM
Right, need to figure out knowledge devotion before I put up my action.

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]

The_listener
2013-01-25, 08:07 PM
Well that was unsuccessful :smallsigh:

Firebrand
2013-01-25, 11:57 PM
Well that was unsuccessful :smallsigh:

Don't worry about it man, tis no biggy

Aldurin
2013-01-26, 04:19 AM
Did the Brawlers succeed on their grapples?

Firebrand
2013-01-26, 10:24 AM
Did the Brawlers succeed on their grapples?

Yes Brawler 1 grappled Stone Golem 3

Aldurin
2013-01-28, 01:16 AM
Those Iron Golems are actually pretty tough. Just to make sure, Derek's attacks ARE bypassing DR since he did eat a giant hunk of adamantine in order to give his unarmed attacks that property? And just to see if we're on the same page for AC, since with the shield bonus, armor bonus and extra nat armor from the size change Derek has 74 AC, which makes me surprised that he's taking damage at all. I just don't throw temporary effects on the sheet, but if that's something I need to do let me know.

Firebrand
2013-01-28, 08:02 AM
Those Iron Golems are actually pretty tough. Just to make sure, Derek's attacks ARE bypassing DR since he did eat a giant hunk of adamantine in order to give his unarmed attacks that property? And just to see if we're on the same page for AC, since with the shield bonus, armor bonus and extra nat armor from the size change Derek has 74 AC, which makes me surprised that he's taking damage at all. I just don't throw temporary effects on the sheet, but if that's something I need to do let me know.

I was unaware of these things I will edit accordingly. In this case he would only be hit by natural 20's. In the future just put the temporary stuff on the sheet and I'll be sure to remember. I got stuff to edit.

Firebrand
2013-01-28, 08:57 PM
OK so I have made it so that Derek has only taken 21 points so far because one Iron Golem did have a natural 20

the_listener: Do any of your guys have adamantine weapons?

You guys take your turn on the battle

Doc_Pippin: Sorry about saying, "What does Rialo want to do?" Instead of Rosja. This has been fixed

Please tell me of any other problems.

Firebrand
2013-01-29, 09:44 PM
Alright a heads up, Derek will destroy Iron Golem 3, 4, and 6 with his attacks, but I don't want to update the map until the_listener takes his turn since he is higher up on the initiative.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-30, 08:43 AM
Sorry works been a little heavy update coming in the morning

Firebrand
2013-01-30, 04:04 PM
Sorry works been a little heavy update coming in the morning

Is alright my good sir take your time and enjoy yourself. That goes for all you guys

The_listener
2013-02-02, 06:06 PM
OK so I have made it so that Derek has only taken 21 points so far because one Iron Golem did have a natural 20

the_listener: Do any of your guys have adamantine weapons?

You guys take your turn on the battle

Doc_Pippin: Sorry about saying, "What does Rialo want to do?" Instead of Rosja. This has been fixed

Please tell me of any other problems.

Nope, just magical ones, however we all have a minimum damage reduction of 10 and fast healing 7 (DR 15/- FH 15 for Adam)

Doc_Pippin
2013-02-04, 07:38 PM
Ok so rather than roll out every performance I am just going to let you as the GM decide how frequently I play for my current host. Otherwise I am ready for a time skip.

Aldurin
2013-02-05, 01:42 PM
Well, it looks like Ilena may be possible to capture after all.

All your plot-critical characters are belong to us :smallbiggrin:

Firebrand
2013-02-05, 10:03 PM
Well, it looks like Ilena may be possible to capture after all.

All your plot-critical characters are belong to us :smallbiggrin:

I....I... no comment on Adam's insane domination powers

Doc_Pippin
2013-02-05, 10:43 PM
Oh but you forgot the hidden magical nipple ring! It is made of plot-tonium forged from raw plot in the fires of motive and setting and it does a non-magical non-Psionic epic counter spell to any attempt at derailling the plot. "Of course all the epic NPCs are wearing them it's the bold new fashion statement,"

Firebrand
2013-02-05, 11:09 PM
Oh but you forgot the hidden magical nipple ring! It is made of plot-tonium forged from raw plot in the fires of motive and setting and it does a non-magical non-Psionic epic counter spell to any attempt at derailling the plot. "Of course all the epic NPCs are wearing them it's the bold new fashion statement,"

heeeyyy (whiny voice) I can totally come up with semi legit excuses and adapt to unexpected changes...totally working on it RIGHT NOW! (OK so I already used the 'has a time stop item' excuse...THINK MAN!)

....Hey Aldurin. What happens when the cocoon with the Bronze Golem in it is put in an antimagic field?

Aldurin
2013-02-06, 01:07 AM
heeeyyy (whiny voice) I can totally come up with semi legit excuses and adapt to unexpected changes...totally working on it RIGHT NOW! (OK so I already used the 'has a time stop item' excuse...THINK MAN!)

....Hey Aldurin. What happens when the cocoon with the Bronze Golem in it is put in an antimagic field?

Infestation and Assimilation are flavored as biological processes, so I would think of them being treated as Extraordinary instead of Supernatural. The Bronze Golem would probably be treated as inert or something in the cocoon, either having no effect or delaying the assimilation by the amount of time it spends in the anti-magic field. At least that's my interpretation. I don't think it would cause something like forcing the golem to exit early or such.

The_listener
2013-02-06, 02:39 AM
How about if I simply fireballed the cocoon?

Aldurin
2013-02-06, 02:44 AM
How about if I simply fireballed the cocoon?

Depends on whether Firebrand determines that the cocoon is a near-impenetrable material or if it's not all that much stronger than as if a really big spider did it. And if you plan on destroying the Bronze Golem then Derek is gonna go get himself a refund no matter what (that did drain my cash completely, so as a last resort if things go badly then I'll wipe out the remaining survivors and take their swag).

Firebrand
2013-02-06, 02:34 PM
How about if I simply fireballed the cocoon?

Is in an anti-magic field for the time being so you'll have to drag it out. I will probably have the webbing have a toughness similar to a Colossal monstrous spider

Firebrand
2013-02-06, 06:57 PM
Alright sorry about the rushed post I made.

Some more details are that the wall is all the way up to the 20 ft ceiling of the house so Norn and Adam can't just fly over it sorry about how this battle might take a while. The orb is acting as a conduit for casting of course.

Derek gets 9000 XP (I believe this leads to a level up) and Adam gets 7000 XP is this agreeable?

If anyone would like any other clarifications just tell me.

Aldurin
2013-02-06, 09:30 PM
That's acceptable, I'll crunch out the changes once I'm done with work tonight.

For clarifications, are the veils in the same space as the Prismatic Wall, or is it going by one of the other shapes listed in that PrC?

Firebrand
2013-02-06, 11:09 PM
That's acceptable, I'll crunch out the changes once I'm done with work tonight.

For clarifications, are the veils in the same space as the Prismatic Wall, or is it going by one of the other shapes listed in that PrC?

it is the "personal" effect/shape

Aldurin
2013-02-08, 03:38 AM
HP roll: [roll0]

Ok, new level has been processed, overview of the highlights.

Bonus Evolution pool per Swarm Entity increases from 63 to 67, and the extra points have been assigned. Max points per category is now 15.

Derek can now have offensive stable mutations.

New feats: Power Attack for the level 15 feat, and evolution points burned in the Bonus Feat evolution, gaining Combat Reflexes, Rapid Evolution (The Swarm Beyond), Rapid Evolution (Distant Manifestation). Derek can now infest Aberrations, and his Psionic powers can be manifested through swarm members connected to the hive mind (including the ability to manifest "self" powers on other swarm members).

New Power: Celestial Conduit (Complete Psionic)

Four new swarmlings made, dedicated to the new "Clone" Build. Swarmlings using the Humanoid option of the Alternate Type evolution to gain class levels (Warrior levels except for every third level), allowing them to look and function as Derek on the battlefield, just not quite as powerful, yet still having the flexibility to infiltrate if needed.

Clone:
Clone (Swarmling, default disguise is as Derek)
Size/Type: Large Humanoid
Levels: Warrior 10/Blacklight Warper 4
Hit Dice: 14d8 (182 hp) |Clone A 182/182, Clone B 182/182, Clone C 182/182, Clone D 182/182|
Initiative: +2
Speed: 50ft land, 50 ft fly (good)
Armor Class: 28 (10+2 dex-1 size+17 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+18
Attack: +24 Unarmed Strike (2d6+1d10+10)
Full Attack: +24/+19/+14 Unarmed Strike (2d6+1d10+10)
Space/Reach: 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Hive Mind, Mutations (3/4/3), Improved/Superior Unarmed Strike, Mutable Face, Adrenaline Surge (+3)
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +6
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 34, Wis 8, Cha 8
Skills: Hide +9, Move Silently +9
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Iron Will B, Power Attack,

Evolutions (0/67 bonus pool):
-2 Alternate Type: Humanoid (Gain Warrior levels instead of HD, every third level can be a different class, racial base stats as Water Orc)
-3 size change (small to large)
-13 enhanced ability (+5 Dex, +4 Con and STR)
-14 bonus HD (+7 class levels)
-3 hive node (always in range of the hive mind)
-15 mutable form (gain 9 reassignable evolution points)
-0 Armoured Hide (use 2 free points to gain +2 natural armor)
-11 movement (gain fly speed 50 ft (good), increase land speed to 50 ft)
-6 fast healing (gain fast healing 2)
9 points available to reassign

Aldurin
2013-02-08, 12:59 PM
Forgot to ask, so did Derek finish off the last golem, freeing him to crash the Prismatic rave? And if so what turn will Derek arrive (assuming he utilizes his 80 feet base land speed).

Firebrand
2013-02-08, 01:21 PM
Forgot to ask, so did Derek finish off the last golem, freeing him to crash the Prismatic rave? And if so what turn will Derek arrive (assuming he utilizes his 80 feet base land speed).

Derek beat the last golem, but Ilena's place still a ways off so he may take 4-5 rounds or so to get there. Sorry!

Doc_Pippin
2013-02-09, 09:50 AM
Sorry for the short disappearing act, I was out getting married and all that :smallcool: the wife is passed out so I thought I would update, I should have some time in te mourning to post :smallsigh: but I bush whacked

Firebrand
2013-02-09, 01:01 PM
Sorry for the short disappearing act, I was out getting married and all that :smallcool: the wife is passed out so I thought I would update, I should have some time in te mourning to post :smallsigh: but I bush whacked

no problemo mi amigo. As always take your time :smallsmile:

Firebrand
2013-02-10, 06:26 PM
My avatar awaits for the scene between Adam and Derek to play out.

Aldurin
2013-02-10, 10:40 PM
So was the cocoon really Nimblewright all along, or is the cocoon in there actually the brass golem cocoon, Nimblewright just plastering himself to it in order to hide? Something I need to know so that I can be sure there's actually a cocoon left to wedge into the blood gate.

Firebrand
2013-02-10, 11:33 PM
So was the cocoon really Nimblewright all along, or is the cocoon in there actually the brass golem cocoon, Nimblewright just plastering himself to it in order to hide? Something I need to know so that I can be sure there's actually a cocoon left to wedge into the blood gate.

The Nimblewright was there all along. Ilena knew it was the Nimblewright based on the size and brought it over cause she knew she would help her out as it always has. The Brass Golem and Iron Golem are with... THE ENEMY! *DUN DUN DUN*!

Aldurin
2013-02-11, 02:11 AM
The Nimblewright was there all along. Ilena knew it was the Nimblewright based on the size and brought it over cause she knew she would help her out as it always has. The Brass Golem and Iron Golem are with... THE ENEMY! *DUN DUN DUN*!

Man, if only there was a way to get the Brass Golem to evolve Hive Node immediately upon hatching without already being in range . . . guess I gotta take the yellow-brick red-blood road.

Firebrand
2013-02-16, 05:07 PM
Aldurin: Would True Seeing reveal that a Derek clone is a clone and not the "real" Derek?

Aldurin
2013-02-16, 05:33 PM
Aldurin: Would True Seeing reveal that a Derek clone is a clone and not the "real" Derek?

Yeah, it'd basically reveal a Derek-shaped creature made purely of the swarm material that swarmlings are made of, lesser minds could be convinced that it was still Derek if needed..

Aldurin
2013-02-17, 01:08 AM
Yeah, lawful/neutral evil and chaotic neutral don't gel too well together. Vampires are jerks :smalltongue:

Aldurin
2013-02-20, 01:53 PM
Blergh, triple post . . .

Do we know if The_Changer and Doc_Pippin are still in this? I've just noticed that their posting is slow. Partially because any action on my part requires anyone else to progress to a point where I can do something.

Doc_Pippin
2013-02-21, 07:22 PM
>.> I totally didn't notice the post after the notice that My story was going to be stretched out to match everone elses...

Firebrand
2013-02-21, 08:23 PM
>.> I totally didn't notice the post after the notice that My story was going to be stretched out to match everone elses...

No man it's my fault! I was really vague about what I was doing and should have communicated my decision! post at leisure!

Aldurin
2013-03-03, 05:58 PM
I just want to make sure Firebrand knows that the lack of posting is just because I'm waiting for events to move along, not wanting my swarmlings to operate at full capacity while Derek is asleep since that might be a bit unfair.

Firebrand
2013-03-05, 10:51 PM
Aldurin: no probs man I always think that you guys should be able to take your time with your posts.

Doc_Pippin: To clarify are you going to find Rialo's younger brother Hibav, or is Rosja and Bolley going back to House Jol without a plan in particular, or something else?

Firebrand
2013-03-15, 02:53 PM
the_listener: umm... I don't actually know the process for becoming a vampire. OotS said that the person would need three days in the coffin however I suspect that there are variant rules pertaining to the vampire supplement book that you are using. Can you clarify what should actually happen when Adam gives Ilena his blood?

The_listener
2013-03-15, 08:55 PM
When she drinks 11 points of Blood she "Dies" She will then be buried inside a coffin for 1d8 days, after which she will rise (with a +10 bonus to strength and the new blood vampire template) and immediately set out to feed. Once she does she will be under complete control via Adam.

Firebrand
2013-03-24, 11:06 AM
Does John have the ability to detect magic auras that have been altered by Magic Aura (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicAura.htm)? If so, how?

Firebrand
2013-03-31, 05:44 PM
Attention!!

Doc_Pippin has informed me that he will be exceedingly busy for an unknown amount of time and given me express permission to NPC his characters for the time being. If there are any comments to this change feel free voice your opinion. I'm going to need a little bit to figure out how to right Rosja and Bolley properly but you guys are free to discuss plans IC while I'm working that out. Good day and stay overly formal. :smallbiggrin:

Firebrand
2013-04-15, 07:40 PM
Alright guys I really hope you will be able to get this post. I have of course not given up on the campaign as of yet. I only hope that you guys are willing to be patient with me as the school year wraps up. I should have told you guys that I have been busy even though it is likely very obvious. Should you wish to inform me of anything please PM me and I will be there. I hope to continue the game soon if you will still have me as your DM.

Thank you for your time!!

Firebrand
2013-05-15, 06:02 PM
The OoC seems to be the "Firebrand apologizes for something" board... oh well:

The person who administrates the houses electronics, let's call him... Bil, cuts off certain sites including this one until 5 p.m. on weekdays in order to make sure that everyone is more productive until then. I think I have told you about this before so this is likely a reminder. Also the times I have posted before 5 on a weekday was because of school internet.

more importantly:
Rosja and Adam each receive 7000 XP points from their respective adventures (I can't believe it took me so long to finally do that)

PS:

Replacement thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15242039#post15242039)

If you want to give any feedback relating to TheChanger's replacement feel free to PM me.

Aldurin
2013-05-15, 07:11 PM
Good that we're seeking replacements, as long as they stay as broken as us :smalltongue:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-05-22, 12:26 AM
Reporting for duty!

Character sheet: Aelira Solstel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=572940).

Homebrew class: Phoenix Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284530)

I'll go with red for text.

The_listener
2013-05-22, 04:36 PM
Welcome aboard, make yourself at home here, the worlds worried enough about our madness.

Aldurin
2013-06-06, 01:53 AM
Oh right, since I never did it before, I might as well roll knowledge checks for that endboss Ilena described. With hope I get some crazy results that give me some better ideas on what we will likely encounter again.

[roll0] Arcana
[roll1] The Planes
[roll2] Nature
[roll3] Religion
[roll4] Dungeoneering

Firebrand
2013-06-06, 05:12 PM
Oh right, since I never did it before, I might as well roll knowledge checks for that endboss Ilena described. With hope I get some crazy results that give me some better ideas on what we will likely encounter again.

[roll0] Arcana
[roll1] The Planes
[roll2] Nature
[roll3] Religion
[roll4] Dungeoneering

Insufficient knowledge check to receive information on the purple blob. Sorry!

Quellian-dyrae
2013-06-20, 05:09 PM
Log, possibly for DM eyes only:

A temple of Heironeous in a nearly rebuilt town has graciously accepted Aelira's assistance and provided her with good food and lodging. It is still the late afternoon and as Aelira tends to the sick and wounded the sun softly beats at her back.
Someone behind coughs slightly and when Aelira turns around she sees

No True Seeing or similar affect:
An short old man with brown robes and a walking stick

With True Seeing:
A pale rotting corpse with white eyes, white thready hair that goes to its shoulder, and purple robes

"Aelira," he says in a dignified voice, "I am Norsagoth, representative of the Council of Rantuga. We would like to ask for your services."





Aelira turns around with a friendly smile...that drops into a kinda stunned look of confusion when the Light of Summer that shines in her eyes pierces the veil over the man.

"I...I'm sorry, what?" she asks in some shock. She'd seen her share of odd or unexpected things in her life, but an undead asking for her help...that was a new one.

Taking 10 on Sense Motive to try and get a feel for this guy, total result 33.




"You possess unique abilities," He says, "In fact, I suspect you have already seen through my disguise. The Council of Rantuga asks that you help us investigate the Scar. Would you be interested in hearing our request?"

Sense Motive indicates: Not lying so far




Aelira was still a little surprised, but thinking it over, the guy apparently knew enough about her to know generally what sort of "unique abilities" she possessed. To come to her openly, on temple grounds no less, suggested that this was legitimate.

And if it wasn't? Well...that was fine too.

"I'll hear you out," she agreed, giving another friendly smile, but it was still pretty shaky. The corpse's appearance was just...eww.




The corpse politely nods and begins speaking
"As you likely know, the Scar was created by Atropus' descent toward Tharon. The Council studied it as thoroughly as they could, but few answers were found. The new issue that has arisen is that new Scars have appeared in the Forest of Giants and we wanted someone to investigate. The Council and their allies are currently busy with other matters. That is where you come in. We will reward you handsomely if you become a field agent for us. There are other people investigating the situation including a fey bard named Rosja and his ally Bolley who have already accepted our offer."

"There are many answers that we do not have despite our resources meaning something powerful is at work here. We need powerful allies like you if we are to get to the bottom of this. Do you have any questions at all?"




A concerned look crossed Aelira's face. More Scars? Yeah, this was worth looking into on its face. "Just where I can find this bard, I suppose," she said, considering if there was anything else. Nothing sprang immediately to mind.




I apologize for suddenly logging out, forgot that I had a meeting

Norsagoth smiles and Aelira can see the muscle straining to commit the action, but it is genuine from what she can tell.
"I am glad that you are willing to trust us. He is currently with a party of investigators hired by a different employer named Randor Lyonard, leader of Kendor. They are located in Varhic where we do not have jurisdiction. Because of this we ask that you go to the Forest of Giants and attempt to investigate the area yourself. If we receive word of where Rosja and Bolley are a contact will be sent to you. If you require any assistance reaching the forest I will be happy to provide it," Norsagoth ponders and his bony hand touches his temples, "Ah yes, do you have any lingering questions?"




"I think I'm good," she said. "I'm going to just wrap up here, and I'll be on my way. Who do I get in touch with if I find anything?"




Norsagoth takes out a coin and offers it to Aelira.

"This will allow you to send a message to me once per day whenever you rub it and whisper a message into it. Because I have the companion coin I will also be able to send you messages in case there is an emergency. It was expensive to make so I beseech you to handle with care."




With a nod, Aelira pockets the coin. "Understood. Twenty-five word limit?"




"Yes," Norsagoth says approvingly, "The Forest is 6 days march from here, but we know that you are faster than that. I wish you luck."

Norsagoth then walks away after placing some coin in the donation plate.




"Fare thee well," Aelira replied. She went back to finish tending the present wounded, before going to tell the highest-ranking priest present that she'd been called on for a mission. She thanked the priest for the room and board, said her farewells, and then headed out, casting her Cloud Wings and flying at speed for the forest.




And suddenly I appear again! Sorry for not contacting you for a while, but the pace of the other players vary wildly and I think that things are going to start chugging along soon.

Aelira first sees the Forest of Giants as the sun descends. It is a vast landscape of nature with an extensive mountain range that connects with the forest. Aelira has arrived on the East side of the Forest.




Aelira considered. Could make camp and start fresh in the morning, but the darkness was hardly much a hindrance to her Summer-lit eyes. At least a bit of recon before bed would be the best move, she figured. She cast a spell first, drawing upon her innate fey magic to grant herself the speed and perceptions of a bird of prey, and then started flying over the forest, making use of her now doubly-supernaturally-enhanced eyesight and rapid flight to scan for any indication of a Scar...or, failing that, a good campsite. She'd explore in that way until she either found something interest, encountered a potential threat, or her spell expired.

Her passage was...rather unlikely to go unnoticed, given how she was flying along with brightly-colored red and gold butterfly wings, giving off a soft aura of light against the darkening sky. Stealthy she ain't.

Casting Essence of the Raptor. Boosts base land speed to 60'...as far as I know, before other modifiers. I think that amounts to +60' to fly speed since it's double land speed. Lasts eighty minutes. Also adds some skill boosts; for the moment, the one that matters is +8 Spot, which I will be taking ten on throughout my flight, for a total of 50. At -1 every 65' of distance rather than every 10', thanks to Avian Eyesight.




Aelira is quick to spot a team of 3 elves in brown robes each carrying a twisted staff of thick oak flying toward her. They move with great speed and intercept Aelira on the way.

When they block Aelira's path, by surrounding her, they appear to be briefly surrounded by a magic aura. Then the oldest looking one, due to his gray hair, speaks.

"Halt visitor, as the leader of the Druid Grove we have not detected any evil from you, but we would like for you to state your business here."




Aelira slowed up as she spotted the elves coming towards her, giving them a cheery wave as they neared and spread out around her. She responded to the speaker's words with a friendly smile and agreeable nod, and when he indicated they were druids, she spoke in the druidic tongue, "Greetings, Brother. My name is Aelira Solstel, Summer Knight. I'm here to investigate rumors of more Scars appearing in these woods. Have you encountered them?"




The druids are shocked.

"Aelira Solstel!" The other two druids whisper to each other.

"It is an honor to meet you sister," the oldest one says, "I am Tovian Hioca, you have interesting timing. Another investigator named John came here for the same reasons. I will tell you what he found. John claimed that he spotted a large undead army that was stationed at one of the nearby mountains. Zombies, skeletons, and Wights as the commanders. When John attacked the army he said that they ran into the cave they were excavating and when they got most of them out a giant black sphere appeared and swallowed the army up taking much of the upper mountain with them. We can show you the site if you like."





Aelira's smile brightened with almost childlike delight. Having a reputation was fun! Reports of undead did nothing to diminish her grin; zombies, skeletons, and wights? Also fun! In completely different ways!

Her smile did fade some when he got to the part about the black sphere. That...sounded like serious magic. "Yes, please. I'd like to see it," she said.




The druids surround themselves in a magic aura again and move quickly to the site where they dismiss the aura once more.

"The site was not investigated by John so it is yours to start," Tovian says, "If you require any assistance Ariana will be able to contact us immediately.

Tovian gestures to the female elven druid of the group with auburn hair and soft features who hovers near Aelira and bows her head in respect.

"For now, I still have preparations to oversee and I extend an invitation to partake in food and lodging should you decide to reside in our camp," Tovian states before flying to the South with the other Druid.




The land is surprisingly nondescript. The remains are rocky and seamlessly match with the rest of the mountain. However, taking 10 on spot reveals that just underneath the rock is white metal that is inconsistent with the mountain.

"What did you find?" Ariana says.





"Thanks, Tovian. I appreciate it," she replied, watching them fly off, then flying towards the damaged mountain. The metal caught her interest quickly.

"Hold back a moment," Aelira requested Ariana. She didn't know what the metal was or what sort of magic was still about the area, and didn't want to take risks with the druid's life.

Her life? Well, the risks weren't that big.

She flew down, landing on the metallic surface, and began brushing some of the rock and rubble away.

"It's some kind of metal!" she called up in answer to the druid's question.

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding. We're up above a mountain that's had its top basically sheared off, and the new top of it is white metal instead of rock, but covered enough by rock and rubble that it'd be hard to notice that, right?




Your assessment is correct!

Ariana descends to help investigate the metal.

"Why that's Living Metal!" she says, "This is found only where life energy is particularly strong; like for example, Druid groves. It shapes itself to be custom fit the wearer if crafted into armor."




"So basically, not the sort of stuff you'd expect to find at a location that had recently hosted an undead army," Aelira mused. "Although, perhaps, the sort of thing you'd expect to find at a place where an undead army was attacking. Hmm...anything you know of that lives in these mountains?"




"The mountains were the niche of giants," Ariana says, "The forest you see to the south was merely an outcropping to the vast forest that used to dot the entire mountain range. Atropus turned many of the giants into undead and those abominations destroyed the remaining giant population and devastated the forest. The Druid grove repelled the undead giants until Atropus was banished at which point they immediately collapsed. I suppose the previous abundance of flora and fauna allowed the Living Metal to retrieve it's properties."




Aelira nodded, and continued looking around, for anything else that seemed out of place, or perhaps an opening into the mountains. While she was at it, she murmured a simple druidic spell, opening her eyes to magical emanations, just to be thorough.




The aura of the Living Metal is of moderate positive energy. However as Aelira scouts the surface she detects an major aura of Negative energy in the dead center of the crater. The aura seems to be emanating from a miniscule amount of strange viscous fluid that is slowly seeping out of the ground.




"Something over here!" Aelira called, flying over to the fluid. She examined it for a moment, to see if she recognized it.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0].
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1].
Knowledge (Nature): [roll2].
Knowledge (Planes): [roll3].

I have no idea if dice will work in PM...if not, I'll just take 10.




You took 10 :smalltongue:

Aelira observes the fluid carefully, but what the fluid is escapes her. Ariana looks at the fluid herself and is just as clueless. However, as Aelira continues to study the auras she detects that the Living Metal closest to the fluid has a negative energy aura.




"It's...corrupting the metal. Or something," the Summer Knight murmured. Curious, she spoke a Healing Word, a beam of sunlight shining through the night onto the strange liquid, carrying with it a charge of positive energy.

Normally that does 5d6+52 positive energy healing, damaging undead but negated entirely with a Will save.




As the beam pierces the night and contacts the fluid the positive energies are sucked into the fluid as if completely unaffected.

"Oh Ehlonna!" Ariana declares in shock, "I must inform the grove of this horrifying liquid immediately!"

Ariana begins to fly away, but stops and bashfully turns around.

"I apologize for my sudden panic Lady Aelira. I have never heard of liquid corrupting things with negative energy and wanted to gain input from the more experienced members. Do you still wish to investigate the area?"





Aelira had one more experiment to try. It was basically her default question when faced with an unknown threat or hazard. One of the most important things, she felt, that any self-respecting adventurer could ask when coming up against an unknown danger.

Does it burn?

She dropped a blast of Summer Fire on the liquid, taking a moment to observe the results before turning to Ariana. "No, I think getting some more information might be a good idea," she agreed, flying after the druid.




The fire that Aelira ignites is respectable especially considering the amount of fluid there is. However, the fire quickly cools down and reveals that none of the fluid actually evaporated. The fluid continues to slowly, but surely ooze out of the mountain.




Yeah, not ideal. Aelira followed after Ariana, letting the druid lead the way to their camp. As they flew, she reached into her pouch and clasped the sending coin. She took a few moments to compose the message in her head, then sending, ~Encountered black fluid oozing from mountain. Absorbs positive energy. Negative aura. Corrupting nearby Living Metal. Possible result of black sphere that consumed undead army. Thoughts?~




"~That sounds rather serious," Norsagoth replies, "Will arrange for specialists to look into it. Thank you.~"

Ariana leads Aelira to the refugee camp deep in the forest and then takes her into the druid grove where Tovian is finishing a meeting related to defensive traps of some sort. Tovian adjourns the meeting and quickly moves to Aelira and Ariana.

"Lady Aelira and Ariana," Tovian says with a polite nod, "You both seem a bit distressed. Have you found anything in particular?"




"The...new top of the mountain is composed of Living Metal. Thing is, there was some sort of black fluid oozing from the center of it. The fluid, and the metal around it, both radiated auras of negative energy. The fluid appeared to absorb positive energy. Also doesn't seem to burn well." Aelira reported. "I've never seen or heard of anything quite like it. I'm thinking to head back over there in the morning, search around, see if there are any caves or something."

She halted a moment, then had a thought and asked, "Hey also, do you guys know anything about the city of Rantuga? Its Council, in particular?" Even if they didn't, she figured it probably a good idea to bring them up sooner than later. She was a forthright sort, would have mentioned teaming up with the druids to Norsagoth too, but there were much bigger priorities for that message.




Tovian is taken aback by the details on the fluid.

"I am afraid that I am equally clueless about what the fluid is. The Living Metal has been there for generations, but since druids do not use metal we never harvested them like the Giants did. In fact, there are veins in the forest!? Perhaps that is what the undead where searching for and they were corrupting the metal with the fluid, but that doesn't explain what the fluid is or where it came from."

When Aelira mentions Rantuga, Tovian puts on a contemplative face.

"They are likely the most powerful group of casters on this planet which is why I have made it a point to look into them. All of the people on the Council and most of their trusted agents are Necropolitans. That special type of undead provides unlife without intellect lose or the many weaknesses of vampirism. This has allowed the thirteen Council members to hone their magic, they are the founding members of the City of Rantuga by the way. Rumors say that they have business in countless other planes and worlds because they are powerful, undying, and inexhaustible. They are secretive so many do not understand the extent of their power, but our previous leader stated that making your enemies ignorant of your power only gives you more! Ahem. Tangent. Aside from that they are led by Sige who is an unmatched Psion and the remaining members are quite diverse in their casting making them versatile. Are there any other details you are interested in knowing?"





"Not sure. One of their representatives, Norsagoth, is the one who contacted me about this. I knew he was undead, figured it was worth asking about them. He said he was going to send in a specialist, by the way. To check out the fluid. You know anything about Norsagoth?"




Tovian shakes his head
"I'm afraid I do not know Norsagoth." Tovian says before closing his eyes and turning his head to the right, "Oh I suppose that is the specialist. Please excuse me, but I must make sure that the person I am sensing is not hostile." He pauses, "Do you wish to come along Lady Aelira?"




Aelira nodded, falling into step flanking Tovian.




"Greater Teleport" Tovian says.

Aelira appears at the edge of the forest with Tovian and sees a zombie waiting for them by a tree. The zombie is tall and lean and wearing blue robes. It turns when it sees Aelira and Tovian appear.

"Lady Aelira and Tovian," The zombie says with a feminine voice, "I am Iuno of the third circle of Rantuga."

"A founding member?" Tovian whispers in shock.

"We have great fears as to what is going on. Please take me to the site." Iuno says

"Lady Aelira," Tovian says, "Can you guide us?"





"Spiffy," Aelira said under her breath as Tovian teleported them. "Nice to meet you," she added when Iuno introduced herself. She looked between the two as they spoke, and when Tovian requested she lead them, replied with a nod, taking to the air. She scanned around to reorient herself and find the mountain, and then started towards it, modulating her speed to stay near the druid and the undead mage.

"Any thoughts on what this fluid is?" she asked as they flew.




"To be frank," Iuno said as she flew with Tovian who can fly faster, "We haven't heard of a "negative fluid" before, but signs make us suspect that it might be something being developed by Nerull, the God of Death. He has increased the activities of his minions considerably across the worlds. We have tried to lessen the blows of his insane followers and have begun to suspect that it is a all a distraction because the worlds that he has most actively pushed in are the places where the Council have the most influence. The fact that this is such a minor world makes it an ideal place for Nerull to conduct experiments, but we still hold some sway so there must be a reason that this world was pick instead of a world the Council hasn't gone to yet."

The group arrives at the site and Iuno studies the fluid quickly. After a few rounds of confusion she turns to Aelira and Tovian.

"I will need some time" Iuno says, "Miracle!"

Iuno stands there in a trance for 40 minutes before she stumbles out of it.

"This Ichor was encountered by the party that banished Atropus," Iuno states with a dark face, "They found something on the moonlet."

Tovian is nearly speechless

"That doesn't make any sense," Tovian says, "Why is it here?"

"I have little idea and I will need to take some of the fluid and consult with the Council," Iuno turns to Aelira, "Do you have any theories to offer?"





Aelira was quiet for the rest of the flight. Tovian had said the Council spanned multiple worlds, but she had just taken that to mean they did their share of plane traveling. Hearing that Tharon was a minor world to them...it led to some deep thoughts.

She was back to form by the time they landed, though. "Not as far as what it is," the Summer Knight replied. "I'm kinda speculating that maybe the undead army that had been here hadn't been destroyed by the blast, but rather, was kinda used as fuel for it. A big blast of negative energy, that maybe ate through the mountain until it was rebuffed by the Living Metal."

"I mean, I don't know too much about the stuff, but it takes time to develop, right? And this...sheet of it had been basically covered by the mountain, right? It just seems odd that it would have developed in this configuration, to me. Add this fluid...it seems like maybe the Living Metal was placed here intentionally, as a sort of cap? Over this...reservoir of death ooze or whatever it is? What do you think Tovian? Is this how Living Metal would naturally develop?"

It was fairly wild speculation, but it was a hypothesis, at least.

There is something I hadn't tried earlier though, might give us a bit more information to work with," Aelira added after another moment's thought, white flame shining around her right hand. She drew back as if to throw, then halted. "Might want to get your sample first, just in case," she suggested to Iuno.




As Iuno listens attentively and gets a sample of the fluid, Tovian responds to Aelira's question.

"Living Metal has not been extensively studied. We do not know how the metal manages to take in the life energy or how it really forms. However, I can tell you that the earth around the metal does not look disturbed indicating that unless something magically manipulated the mountain the Living Metal looks like it was formed naturally. I'll have druids tunnel down the mountain and study the location of the fluid throughout the area."

"What is the white flame that you are holding Lady Aelira?" Iuno asks while putting a glass beaker into her blue robes.




"Cleansing Flames. They can consume magic...figure its worth checking how this stuff responds to it," she replied, launching the fires at the sludge.




When the flames make contact with the fluid the energies within the flames are quickly counteracted and neutralized putting little effect on the fluid. At least, not enough to make a significant difference on it's aura.

Iuno sighs in contemplation
"There are many things to study," Iuno says, "I will now take my leave. Aelira, I warn you that the mission we have given you is extremely dangerous. You are free to step down at any time, but I suspect you aren't the type to back away from threats like this."

Iuno casts Greater Teleport

Tovian watches her vanish and then grabs his hair, deeply distraught.

"Lady Aelira, while this day has been eventful, I am glad that you are here and you are welcome to stay as long as you like. Are you ready to go back to camp?"




"Thanks, and yeah I think so," she said, somewhat distractedly as she tried to figure out what that fluid might be. "You'll let me know when your tunnelers are heading over?" she requested. Given the potential danger this fluid represented, she wanted to be there for exploring its source.




"Of course," Tovian says as he readies his staff, "Greater Teleport"

Back at camp Tovian waves Aelira good bye and Ariana quickly spots Aelira and runs to her.

"Lady Aelira!" Ariana cries, "What did you find? Who was the specia- I mean... Your hut is this way." Ariana gestures to her left with a slight blush.




"I appreciate the help, Tovian. Catch you tomorrow," Aelira said, then turning to Ariana.

"Thanks. Well, there was one type of Summer Fire I hadn't thrown at it before. Which it also ignored. So, you know, consistent data!" She replied with somewhat sarcastic cheer. "That aside, not much. They sent a woman named Iuno, someone big on their council or something. She took a sample, and I believe Tovian's going to organize a bit of an expedition so we can check out the source. Iuno's theorizing it's a Nerullan experiment." She shrugged.




Ariana listens to Aelira with bugged out eyes as they walk to Aelira's temporary quarters.

"If Nerull is involved there is no telling what might happen," Ariana says quietly when Aelira finishes, "Here are your quarters. If you have any questions or need anything any of the druids including myself would be happy to assist."

The hut contains a hammock, a plate of fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts, and a bowl of hot porridge.

"Good luck Lady Aelira," Ariana says with a polite bow. "And thank you for telling me about what's going on." She then begins to walk away.




"Sure there is: We win, Nerull goes home feeling bad," Aelira said, with her typical unfailing optimism. "Thanks for the help today Ariana. Have a good night," she added as the druid headed out.

She ate quickly, thinking more about what they had learned. Part of her wanted to go back out. The ring she wore allowed her to get by without food and with minimal sleep. Still, it helped, and gave her time to think about the situation. Once she had finished eating, she climbed into the hammock, although it took nearly an hour for her to actually fall asleep.

Aldurin
2013-06-26, 12:46 PM
Are we still waiting on the_listener in order to advance?

Firebrand
2013-06-26, 05:02 PM
Are we still waiting on the_listener in order to advance?

Yes, I didn't want to be too rude and take over Adam's body in order to progress the story since he didn't give me permission to do so, but it has been awhile. I will consult with my more experienced mentor DM on what I should do. Glad to know that interest is still strong!

Firebrand
2013-07-01, 05:15 PM
Sorry for vanishing! Was thinking about what I should do in this situation. After much thought on the issue I have decided that, due to the long radio silence of the_listener, it would be best if I roleplayed his character for a little while in order to push the game forward. I did not do so before because I felt uncomfortable doing so. It still brings an awkward feeling to my stomach, but the campaign has not moved in some time so I will have to risk it.

I regret having not placed a "if you don't have any activity for a week~ I'll puppet your character until you get back" policy, but I learned from my mistake. Which reminds me, it is better to impliment such policy at the "recruitment" stage of a campaign thus I wish to ask for everybody's consent if I'm going to have it at all.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-01, 05:59 PM
No complaints here.

Aldurin
2013-07-02, 03:39 AM
That's something that needs to happen more often in play-by-post games, so I'm cool with it.

Aldurin
2013-07-04, 01:15 AM
Taking some liberty on identifying the gist of the Pheonix Knight on Aelira, given Derek's crazy knowledge ranks, hopefully it isn't a problem.

Aldurin
2013-07-08, 09:14 PM
Knowledge: Religion [roll0], I'll post more later when I'm not on break from work.

Firebrand
2013-07-09, 05:04 PM
Knowledge: Religion [roll0], I'll post more later when I'm not on break from work.

The sludge is from the "Ichor Sea" found on Atropus. All undead within 20 feet of the shore gain +6 turn resistance, +20 hit points, and a +4 profane bonus to Armor Class and on saving throws. Living creatures suffer full damage from inflict spells when they are within 20 ft of it. Anything in the sludge must make a fortitude save or suffer a negative level.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-11, 03:46 PM
Does that burrow leave a tunnel behind by any chance?

Firebrand
2013-07-11, 05:44 PM
Does that burrow leave a tunnel behind by any chance?

The DM, that's me, says that it does! (the power of convenience compels me)

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-12, 05:33 PM
Just to make sure, we've basically come to a pre-existing tunnel within the mountain, which runs north and south, and continues either around corners or beyond the range of illumination in both directions, right? Is there anything to be seen outside the illumination range (Aelira can see through darkness)?

Firebrand
2013-07-12, 05:45 PM
Just to make sure, we've basically come to a pre-existing tunnel within the mountain, which runs north and south, and continues either around corners or beyond the range of illumination in both directions, right? Is there anything to be seen outside the illumination range (Aelira can see through darkness)?

The south path extends very far and the north path has a fork going east and west. I will provide heavier detail henceforth!

Edit: The tunnel is ten feet wide and tall.

John is up front followed by Sahira and then Rosja and Bolley are walking side by side.

Feel free to insert yourself in any order you desire before I post what you see

Aldurin
2013-07-12, 09:53 PM
If Derek would rather have front position let me know, I'm not 100% sure how he actually works in combat. Aelira's best attack mode is full attacking, and she has good enough defense and damage mitigation/recovery to hold on the front lines, but she can serve as a rear rank "battle mage" credibly.

Derek is close-range destruction, rivaling epic Glaivelocks and Elemental Monoliths in threat level, plus utility psionics. His swarm is that way to a lesser extent, partially because of the few balancing restrictions on swarmlings. You can get the idea from my preparations in that last IC post.

The_listener
2013-07-14, 05:49 AM
Ahh a pleasure to be back

Aldurin
2013-07-19, 07:04 PM
Time to break out your fondue pots, folks!

Initiative:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

And then Knowledge: Religion [roll7]to prime up Knowledge Devotion.

EDIT: How big is the tunnel? If it's not Colossal-friendly then I'll just stay at my default size of large.

Firebrand
2013-07-19, 08:10 PM
Time to break out your fondue pots, folks!

Initiative:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

And then Knowledge: Religion [roll7]to prime up Knowledge Devotion.

EDIT: How big is the tunnel? If it's not Colossal-friendly then I'll just stay at my default size of large.

The tunnel is not Colossal friendly. I will update the map. Derek goes first.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-19, 08:12 PM
We're going in standard initiative order, or are we using some sort of grouped initiative system?

Firebrand
2013-07-19, 08:21 PM
We're going in standard initiative order, or are we using some sort of grouped initiative system?

Hmm... For Convenience sake I want to give a group initiative system a shot. See how well it works out you know.

Aldurin
2013-07-19, 08:21 PM
We're going in standard initiative order, or are we using some sort of grouped initiative system?

I think it's partially-grouped, where allies adjacent in the initiative order can go before or after each other without consequence. Also I get the highest initiative of my swarm because of hive mind stuff, and having each minion in its own init slot is a pain.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-19, 08:27 PM
Hmm... For Convenience sake I want to give a group initiative system a shot. See how well it works out you know.

Cool.


I think it's partially-grouped, where allies adjacent in the initiative order can go before or after each other without consequence. Also I get the highest initiative of my swarm because of hive mind stuff, and having each minion in its own init slot is a pain.

So like...as long as it's only allies before your turn, post when opportunity permits, otherwise wait for whichever enemies are before you?

And if that's the case...what are the enemies' initiatives?

Firebrand
2013-07-20, 11:11 AM
Cool.



So like...as long as it's only allies before your turn, post when opportunity permits, otherwise wait for whichever enemies are before you?

And if that's the case...what are the enemies' initiatives?

What I'm going to do is have the party and their affiliates put down their actions and when everyone has posted I'll have the enemies go after. So the enemies go last. (This will only be done for large numbers of mooks and this is only a test run)

Firebrand
2013-07-20, 05:32 PM
I should have expected you guys to curbstomp this battle, but I didn't think so many of the undead would die this quickly!! :smalleek:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 05:45 PM
Checks vs. SR:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Firebrand
2013-07-20, 06:00 PM
Checks vs. SR:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Edits on the battle have been made based on these checks

Firebrand
2013-07-22, 05:05 PM
Just in case you guys didn't notice I specified that John, Rosja, and Bolley just ready an action. (I forgot Sahira sorry about that) Aldurin and Quellian-dyrae you should both feel free to take another battle action.

The monsters are actually still past the map (making it useless :smalleek:) and they have also readied an action to throw their vials.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-22, 05:12 PM
Seeing as my last move was...somewhat more successful than I originally anticipated :smallredface:, I figure I'll hold and let Derek and his horde utterly slaughter the remaining ones, handle cleanup on the off chance any survive :smallwink:.

Firebrand
2013-07-22, 05:41 PM
Seeing as my last move was...somewhat more successful than I originally anticipated :smallredface:, I figure I'll hold and let Derek and his horde utterly slaughter the remaining ones, handle cleanup on the off chance any survive :smallwink:.

Very well! We're looking at you Aldurin! Show Aelira your moves!

The_listener
2013-07-23, 03:03 AM
*Ahem*
Derrreeeekk Puuunncccchhhh!

Aldurin
2013-07-23, 03:14 AM
Moves are shown, hopefully any survivors become grappled and can't use their vials.

EDIT: Heh, "survivors". I should really see about getting undead demolition crystals to go around, given that's the name of the game (I only recently noticed I was dumb for enhancing sneak attack and crit on my clones in an area where we'll obviously encounter undead).

Aldurin
2013-07-26, 02:51 AM
Not really sure why I have a burrow speed when I could literally punch my way through anything with this ability. I should also consider the fluff ramifications of combining two of my offensive abilities that both change the shape of my unarmed strikes (hammer claws? chain blade?). That could be cool.

The_listener
2013-07-26, 10:26 AM
That may be due to being the proud owner of a ridiculously broken class :smallwink: Not that many here could talk :smallcool:

Firebrand
2013-07-26, 05:09 PM
@Aldurin: Alright wise guy, what defenses does Derek have against force attacks/Magic Missile? (The Magic Missiles don't miss)

Aldurin
2013-07-26, 05:57 PM
@Aldurin: Alright wise guy, what defenses does Derek have against force attacks/Magic Missile? (The Magic Missiles don't miss)

6 points of Resist (that weird universal damage reduction from Swarmlord), 19 if the pheonix knight ally aura's DR stacks. Either way Derek's Fast Healing 4 says, "Meh".

Firebrand
2013-07-26, 06:25 PM
6 points of Resist (that weird universal damage reduction from Swarmlord), 19 if the pheonix knight ally aura's DR stacks. Either way Derek's Fast Healing 4 says, "Meh".

I knew it!!

@Quellian-dyrae: Does your DR stack?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-26, 06:33 PM
Yep, it explicitly provides DR if they don't have it, or improves DR if they do (but it is DR, so it wouldn't help against force damage).

The_listener
2013-07-26, 06:43 PM
So a force missile mage contingent...

Firebrand
2013-07-26, 06:51 PM
Yep, it explicitly provides DR if they don't have it, or improves DR if they do (but it is DR, so it wouldn't help against force damage).

Fascinating... this shall be noted!

Also, please post your Aelira's input on the trap and how Derek dealt with it


So a force missile mage contingent...

ಠ_ಠ

Aldurin
2013-07-26, 08:01 PM
Spot:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Listen:
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-26, 08:01 PM
Spot: [roll0]! Ignores darkness, smoke, fog, etc. -1 per 65' of distance rather than per 10'. True Seeing.
Listen: [roll1]... Nothing special whatsoever.

Also, anyone hiding within 100' is subject to Invisibility Purge and has to roll Hide DC 42 or be outlined by faerie fire.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-26, 08:37 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

I'll take I6, flying if the ceiling allows for it.

Firebrand
2013-07-26, 08:38 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Edit in a spot you want to be in for combat using the basic map I just set up in the IC

Aldurin
2013-07-26, 09:20 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Knowledge: Religion (for the details and knowledge devotion) [roll7]

Positions:
Clone A: F6/F7
Clone B: M6/M7
Clone C: H9/I9
Clone D: J9/K9
Scout A: Flying above Clone A
Scout B: Flying above Clone B
Derek: I4/J4

Firebrand
2013-07-26, 09:40 PM
Alright, take your turns!!

Firebrand
2013-07-27, 09:15 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Knowledge: Religion (for the details and knowledge devotion) [roll7]

Positions:
Clone A: F6/F7
Clone B: M6/M7
Clone C: H9/I9
Clone D: J9/K9
Scout A: Flying above Clone A
Scout B: Flying above Clone B
Derek: I4/J4

Woops! forgot about your religion roll!

There are Mummies (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mummy.htm), Dread Wraiths (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/wraith.htm#dreadWraith), Mohrgs (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mohrg.htm), and Devourers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devourer.htm)

Also Greater Shadows

Assume that Derek is shouting out the statblock and any of the party members can ask about special abilities if they want intel.

The_listener
2013-07-27, 07:30 PM
Please don't burn Adam on sight, these robes are expensive.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-27, 07:50 PM
Please don't burn Adam on sight, these robes are expensive.

Done!

So...for future reference...are you immune to positive energy by any chance? :smallbiggrin:

The_listener
2013-07-27, 08:41 PM
Are you immune to negative energy? :smallwink:
Not so much, but he can resist it if needed.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-30, 05:14 PM
Coronas of Power and Safety are still up (the Corona of Sunlight effect was one-round only).

Firebrand
2013-07-30, 05:25 PM
I apologize for the mistake, but after evaluating the Command Undead spell and remembering that Adam only has 16 hit dice that means only 2 of the devourers were affected unless there is anything extra I need to know. Hope this doesn't cause too much hassle.

The_listener
2013-07-31, 02:12 PM
I apologize for the mistake, but after evaluating the Command Undead spell and remembering that Adam only has 16 hit dice that means only 2 of the devourers were affected unless there is anything extra I need to know. Hope this doesn't cause too much hassle.

Command undead is a class feature from the true Necromancer class which means I can command up to twice my hit-dice+ Cha modifier in undead however I can only command a single undead of my hit dice -5 (So I can command 39 Hit dice of undead, but none of them may be of 11 hit dice or more)

Firebrand
2013-07-31, 05:56 PM
Command undead is a class feature from the true Necromancer class which means I can command up to twice my hit-dice+ Cha modifier in undead however I can only command a single undead of my hit dice -5 (So I can command 39 Hit dice of undead, but none of them may be of 11 hit dice or more)

I am sorry to say that Devourers are 12 hit die and Dread Wraiths are 16... Derek can tell Adam about the monsters so would you like to edit your move/turn?

The_listener
2013-08-01, 12:33 AM
Not really, just replace the spell witrh the turning effect, so Rebuke/Command undead so it works the same way as an evil cleric, so same effect just with a minus one on my rolls

Firebrand
2013-08-02, 05:01 PM
I apologize for the inactivity my foolishness has destroyed the underworld etc etc. When the_listener posted I somehow forgot that dryae had already posted despite the fact that his post was RIGHT ABOVE the_listener's and was waiting for him FOR NO REASON. Again I apologize. D:

Aldurin
2013-08-03, 06:13 PM
You forgot explody murder shield damage.

Sifting through the enemy's actions . . .
-The mummy that attacked Derek takes [roll0] damage.
-The eastern mummies take [roll1] and [roll2] damage respectively.

The shield retaliation damage doesn't specify anything about the damage, so I guess it's just counts as a mundane weapon and thus can't nuke the shadows and wraiths (unless you think it should be different.

Firebrand
2013-08-03, 06:41 PM
You forgot explody murder shield damage.

Sifting through the enemy's actions . . .
-The mummy that attacked Derek takes [roll0] damage.
-The eastern mummies take [roll1] and [roll2] damage respectively.

The shield retaliation damage doesn't specify anything about the damage, so I guess it's just counts as a mundane weapon and thus can't nuke the shadows and wraiths (unless you think it should be different.

Dang it. Combat is tough!

Hmm... I will assume that the shield is like mutant spikes (assuming they're spikes for some reason) so mundane weapon or magic weapon could count. Can you provide me the location of the text that deals with the shield mutation?

I have edited my latest IC post to avoid another double post.

Aldurin
2013-08-03, 06:44 PM
Hmm... I will assume that the shield is like mutant spikes (assuming they're spikes for some reason) so mundane weapon or magic weapon could count. Can you provide me the location of the text that deals with the shield mutation?

I have edited my latest IC post to avoid another double post.

The shield mutation (and the brittle augment that grants this unholy violence) are in the middle of page 4 of the Blacklight Warper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121333) pdf.

EDIT: And no mummy rot for the clone army, fortunately. No hits, so no saves.

Firebrand
2013-08-03, 08:05 PM
The shield mutation (and the brittle augment that grants this unholy violence) are in the middle of page 4 of the Blacklight Warper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121333) pdf.

EDIT: And no mummy rot for the clone army, fortunately. No hits, so no saves.

By the text that would mean it is untyped damage. HOWEVER, I rule that since the text also says that the shield is made by scales I would say that it is mundane damage.

Also:

Player's turn!! I promise that Rosja, John, Bolley, and Sahira might do something this turn!

Aldurin
2013-08-03, 08:38 PM
It's actually getting to be a lot of work typing out all of the rolls and actions for all my swarm, I may have to keep a few more of them in the PC system home base.

I contributed to the fight!

Aldurin
2013-08-03, 08:45 PM
For unnecessary effect and something I forgot, but the celestial conduits damage inanimate objects (to lesser effect though), so the walls take damage (and could potentially break up to 120 feet away from each scout, as is the range of the power).

[roll0] For the G-12 wall, continuing westward if it breaks through.
[roll1] For the E-4 wall, continuing north if it breaks through.

Aldurin
2013-08-09, 01:58 AM
In retrospect, I should focus on having a couple of super units alongside Derek instead of group that has a lot of actions but isn't strong enough for me to just say "they glomp the enemy" and be done with it. Here's to hoping we get a lead on my Brass Golem before it is destroyed by something (to catch QD up, the enemy has a cocoon which will in 6 days hatch into a modified brass golem that was supposed to be under my control, but I don't actually have infinite range for controlling my swarm unless I manually install it. All I can hope is that DM autopilot causes it to be recoverable somehow).

I'll hold off on doing anything on the north tunnel since Adam and Aelira have it under control and having large creatures elbow into the fight is problematic.

Firebrand
2013-08-11, 10:38 AM
In order to avoid a double post the remaining 2 Devourers attempt to retreat. The map has been edited to reflect this

Aldurin
2013-08-23, 06:48 PM
That was unexpected, and will be interesting to play out. In regards to the Living Metal, would there be a potential use for it as weaponry? Specifically for Derek to infuse into his unarmed strikes via his Enhancing class feature from Blacklight Warper.

Firebrand
2013-08-23, 11:42 PM
That was unexpected, and will be interesting to play out. In regards to the Living Metal, would there be a potential use for it as weaponry? Specifically for Derek to infuse into his unarmed strikes via his Enhancing class feature from Blacklight Warper.

Hmmm, yes there is potential. I will try to go over the class feature and see if I can draw up some stats.

Aldurin
2013-08-24, 12:39 AM
Diplomacy roll because I forgot [roll0].

Aldurin
2013-08-28, 08:30 AM
Sorry, long shifts and other distractions got me distracted.

[roll0] bluff check, though really the results probably shouldn't affect Adam's lines since even if I roll a 20 for just on the line of suspicious, I'm pretty sure Adam would still force the truth out as if he had seen right through it.

Menarker
2013-08-31, 10:49 PM
Rolling for hitpoints for my character!

1st level is automatically maximum.

Then the next 14 levels (2-15) all use the d8 dice.
[roll0]

Then the 16th level uses a d6.
[roll1]

And I'll add the rest including the stat mod myself in the pad that all of you should have received by PM but which I'll mention here.

http://edupad.ch/Bsi0y513w2

The_listener
2013-09-08, 01:31 PM
Just assuming that all messages are telepathic?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-08, 03:22 PM
Telepathic and spoken, yeah (telepathy alone I'd just use ~~ without the quotes).

Menarker
2013-09-08, 08:45 PM
Currently working on my character's equipment choices.

Pad is down at this very moment, but all the same I'm considering my options.
Between considering discounts, covering various tactical options and requirements, and funds, I'll need to think things a bit. (I have a list of stuff I'm considering, although it would be nice to have some additional opinions.)

Btw, does anyone have a Steam account? I could chat with you guys on occasions or leave messages there real time if you guys have it. (You can send me a PM if you do)

Firebrand
2013-09-18, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active for a while. Recently a friend moved to Japan and I haven't been motivated for D&D, but I'm back and ready to continue!

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-08, 11:04 PM
...Wow I just remembered, we have a new PC waiting to join and the druids are a really likely place for it to be (or, well, it worked for me, anyway :smallamused:).

Was that Teleportation Circle two-way, by any chance? :smallredface:

Firebrand
2013-10-09, 10:35 PM
...Wow I just remembered, we have a new PC waiting to join and the druids are a really likely place for it to be (or, well, it worked for me, anyway :smallamused:).

Was that Teleportation Circle two-way, by any chance? :smallredface:

Teleportation Circles are often two-way there is no need to worry

Aldurin
2013-10-21, 11:38 PM
Oh and before we get into combat, Derek will manifest Body Purification for 5 points on himself and 10 points on Clone D during the digging in order to get rid of the strength damage from the previous fight.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-21, 11:58 PM
Aelira gave a bright smile, but quickly turned her attention to her party, calling down beams of sunlight over anyone who had been injured. She felt the power of the sun burning bright within her, rising in response to their victory.

Also, delaying the Radiance refresh from In Personal Triumph to finish up the healing, should have plenty left to wipe out whatever Strength damage remained.

Got you covered.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-23, 05:42 PM
Fortitude: [roll0].
Note: Immune to poison, disease, fear, pain, and death effects (but not general negative energy or energy drain).

Aldurin
2013-10-23, 06:56 PM
Fort save: [roll0]

Just the head, and through the wall? Clearly that mindflayer is actually doing some magical stuff.

Rolling knowledge for Arcana, Religion and Dungeoneering to see if I can figure this out. [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Menarker
2013-10-24, 04:21 AM
"...Also, a word of warning Daelan, the artificer, has a Shirt of Wraith Stalking so intelligent undead won't be able to see him unless he takes it off. I've asked him to do so."

Sent a PM about why my character would be very resistant to such a request (it houses a secondary more important and expensive enchantment as well). I'm sure this objection would have been brought up to the council member before the meeting if I knew IC that it was being asked.

EDIT: A more plausible safe method that occured to me is to send Daelan's messenger inside but not the artificer himself, as an expeditous messenger has the ability to communicate telepathically with its owner for a distance of 1 mile. Thus, the artificer's invisibility would not be a safety issue to anyone inside if he stays outside for the duration of the meeting.

Firebrand
2013-10-24, 08:43 PM
Fortitude: [roll0].
Note: Immune to poison, disease, fear, pain, and death effects (but not general negative energy or energy drain).


Fort save: [roll0]

Just the head, and through the wall? Clearly that mindflayer is actually doing some magical stuff.

Rolling knowledge for Arcana, Religion and Dungeoneering to see if I can figure this out. [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Results of the Rolls
Knowledge check:
The Mindflayer's a ghost. (Derek has read the SRD entry on ghosts.)
Fort Save: Both successful against Horrific Appearance

Firebrand
2013-10-24, 08:46 PM
Sent a PM about why my character would be very resistant to such a request (it houses a secondary more important and expensive enchantment as well). I'm sure this objection would have been brought up to the council member before the meeting if I knew IC that it was being asked.

EDIT: A more plausible safe method that occured to me is to send Daelan's messenger inside but not the artificer himself, as an expeditous messenger has the ability to communicate telepathically with its owner for a distance of 1 mile. Thus, the artificer's invisibility would not be a safety issue to anyone inside if he stays outside for the duration of the meeting.

I am okay with this. The_listener: Should another alternative be presented?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-26, 05:28 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Firebrand
2013-10-26, 05:45 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Evade Burst (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/evadeBurst.html) used to lessen damage of fire blast

I'll just reuse the roll this time, but please have rolls for each power next time

Used on Derek ("http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/balefulTeleport.html)
Baleful Teleport

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-26, 05:50 PM
Oh, didn't realize each of those was calling for a different spell, my fault. :smallredface:

Firebrand
2013-10-26, 05:55 PM
Oh, didn't realize each of those was calling for a different spell, my fault. :smallredface:

No problemo! Anyway, this is going to be a really tough fight for the ghost mindflayer. I really didn't expect you guys to go and chase after the undead forces right after chasing them off! (and neither did the ghost!)

Aldurin
2013-10-26, 06:11 PM
Why do they never take the easy way out?

The_listener
2013-10-26, 06:32 PM
To be honest, no.
Adam will not take action unless he sees all the pieces on the table. :smallbiggrin:
Sorry to be difficult

Firebrand
2013-10-26, 08:27 PM
To be honest, no.
Adam will not take action unless he sees all the pieces on the table. :smallbiggrin:
Sorry to be difficult

That's fine, BUT how will you detect him if Menarker doesn't want to take the shirt off?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-26, 08:58 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0] [roll1]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-26, 08:59 PM
Whoops. Also, Will: [roll0]

The_listener
2013-10-27, 03:20 AM
True seeing? Failing that, Voltaire.

Aldurin
2013-10-27, 07:41 AM
[roll0] Will save. Remember kids, there is absolutely no downside to dumping your charisma stat! :smallannoyed:

This does bring up the interesting question of how swarm members will be handled when their connection is severed (since the cha damage will put me in comatose derp mode if that save failed). The clones have passable mental faculties when not bolstered by Derek, but the scouts are technically animal intelligence. If this does goes wrong maybe Panril notices the issue and tries to guide the swarm back to help. Also I hope this doesn't put Aelira out of commission, as if she can't heal my cha damage then this fight is suddenly a lot more problematic.

EDIT: Ok, Derek is going to be really angry when he comes back from this. Like manifesting vigor just to adrenaline surge on all current and future mindflayers angry.

Firebrand
2013-10-27, 10:05 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0] [roll1]

You determine that the power is Ego Whip which deals charisma damage


Whoops. Also, Will: [roll0]

Aelira suffers 10 Cha damage


True seeing? Failing that, Voltaire.

True seeing won't work, so will Voltaire temporarily drain the magic in the shirt?


[roll0] Will save. Remember kids, there is absolutely no downside to dumping your charisma stat! :smallannoyed:

This does bring up the interesting question of how swarm members will be handled when their connection is severed (since the cha damage will put me in comatose derp mode if that save failed). The clones have passable mental faculties when not bolstered by Derek, but the scouts are technically animal intelligence. If this does goes wrong maybe Panril notices the issue and tries to guide the swarm back to help. Also I hope this doesn't put Aelira out of commission, as if she can't heal my cha damage then this fight is suddenly a lot more problematic.

EDIT: Ok, Derek is going to be really angry when he comes back from this. Like manifesting vigor just to adrenaline surge on all current and future mindflayers angry.

Ahem... so Derek is now comatose. I think I'll take up the suggestion of Panril helping the clones figure out what to do.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-28, 06:21 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Aldurin
2013-10-28, 06:33 PM
Oh right, I need to roll a big pile of Psicraft so that Derek knows what's been used.

Baleful Teleport: [roll0]

Evade Burst: [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

Ego Whip: [roll5] [roll6]

Affinity Field: [roll7]

Firebrand
2013-10-28, 08:10 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Aelira doesn't know what was cast


Oh right, I need to roll a big pile of Psicraft so that Derek knows what's been used.

Baleful Teleport: [roll0]

Evade Burst: [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

Ego Whip: [roll5] [roll6]

Affinity Field: [roll7]

Derek does not know about the Baleful Teleport, but does know everything else including the Affinity Field

The_listener
2013-10-28, 08:59 PM
Voltaire produces an anti magic field, it would just deactivate it. Any buffs would be dispelled and need to be recast, magic items would temporarily turn off. If he touched the item in question, whole different ball game.

Aldurin
2013-10-29, 04:14 PM
Shouldn't the incoming experience be different for each of us since Aelira is one level higher than me?

Firebrand
2013-10-29, 05:26 PM
Shouldn't the incoming experience be different for each of us since Aelira is one level higher than me?

Good point! Derek gets 6750 and Aelira gets 4800 XP


Also of note: For the sake of convenience the "Wraith Stalking" enchantment on Daelan's shirt is being moved to his cloak. That is all.

Aldurin
2013-10-30, 07:38 PM
I'm going to assume that Sahira is either captured or dead, most likely dead since losing etherealness this deep underground isn't healthy. Good thing most of us have some form of long distance travel and communication still.

Menarker
2013-11-03, 01:07 PM
A quick note that since Daelan is radiating that Exalted aura which makes my character seem to be a level 16 paladin, Penril is probably going to making a comment/commotion of some sort at some near point.

Aldurin
2013-11-03, 06:14 PM
A quick note that since Daelan is radiating that Exalted aura which makes my character seem to be a level 16 paladin, Penril is probably going to making a comment/commotion of some sort at some near point.

I'd expect him to be more vocal about arriving in the center of an undead-friendly evil city. And then for Adam to be vocal about Derek smuggling a Lawful Good holy weapon.

Firebrand
2013-11-04, 03:12 PM
I'd expect him to be more vocal about arriving in the center of an undead-friendly evil city. And then for Adam to be vocal about Derek smuggling a Lawful Good holy weapon.

Penril has learned to be patient when faced with overwhelming odds. Didn't work out so well the first time...

If Adam is going to detect the alignment/aura he'll have to mention it on his own. (or Voltaire can mention it...that too)

Aldurin
2013-11-05, 09:20 PM
Well now I'm on a timer to fix this problem, as I really doubt I can avoid being over 100 ft away from the Ichor and still deal with the threat. Oh well, time to fix bad ideas with more bad ideas FOR SCIENCE!

Aldurin
2013-11-06, 08:47 PM
And on the discussion of bad ideas, I assume that successfully inoculating the living metal in Derek with some other energy would affect his attacks and armor, right? Menarker and I were chatting about dealing with this and the idea of somehow overloading it with Prismatic energy came up, albeit that may actually be worse than just letting the ichor corrupt the metal. As the DM, would you say it's worth a try to devour a prismatic golem in order to gain that or should I just stop before I become even more screwed?

The_listener
2013-11-07, 12:21 PM
As a note, as both Adam and Voltaire can absorb the negative energy the metal gives off so they could quite easily help fight off the negative energy effects if you want.

Firebrand
2013-11-08, 10:19 PM
And on the discussion of bad ideas, I assume that successfully inoculating the living metal in Derek with some other energy would affect his attacks and armor, right? Menarker and I were chatting about dealing with this and the idea of somehow overloading it with Prismatic energy came up, albeit that may actually be worse than just letting the ichor corrupt the metal. As the DM, would you say it's worth a try to devour a prismatic golem in order to gain that or should I just stop before I become even more screwed?


As a note, as both Adam and Voltaire can absorb the negative energy the metal gives off so they could quite easily help fight off the negative energy effects if you want.


Much of what is currently happening was unexpected so I'll make sure to look into these possibilities... Try them at your own (character's) peril!!

Aldurin
2013-11-09, 10:03 AM
As a note, as both Adam and Voltaire can absorb the negative energy the metal gives off so they could quite easily help fight off the negative energy effects if you want.


Much of what is currently happening was unexpected so I'll make sure to look into these possibilities... Try them at your own (character's) peril!!

I'll have to turn down the safe road and go with the one that potentially ends in rainbow powers.

I'll move along my part about getting ready for the next move. If there are those who want swarm members along other than what Derek offered, just let me know who and what (I've got 4 clones and two scouts to spare). I'll probably reallocate the rest to poking around in different places while I have power points to burn on travel expenses.

Menarker
2013-11-10, 12:19 PM
Trying to think of questions to ask regarding Owen. I was more hoping to just reveal to the rest of the group the details I did post, and allow the possibility of asking questions later at a more appropriate time.

One question I do wonder is regarding Owen's true capabilities.
I am aware OOC of two spells that trap souls. One is Sorc/Wiz 8 only (Trap the Soul) and has some limitations on how it can be cast. The fact that Owen is a paladin means that he can only access divine magic unless he happens to have at least a dip in an arcane class.
The other one which is accessible to Clerics as well (Soul Bind) and thus counts as divine magic as well is level 9. Both of these run into the problem that Paladins aren't heavy casters in general (Paladin highest spell level seems to be 4). This means that his best recourse seems to be an spell completion item such as a scroll or staff. But this runs into its own problems.

This implies a very heavy investment of Use Magic Device skill points, which is a cross-class skill for paladins, meaning his maximum invested skill ranks before modifiers is 13. Given that all spells that need an UMD check has a check of 20 + Spell Level, we'd notice that Owen normally would consistently struggle to make a check of 29 (Soul Bind is more likely). Frequent botches of the spell would be extremely expensive given that both of those spells require a gem worth 1000 gp per hitdice of the creature it intends to capture. So a gem for a character of 16th level would cost 16k gp. Frankly a irresponsible amount of money to risk on a spell of such high level and thus low chance of success! (The scribing of such a spell on scroll would add up further costs of gp and exp too!)

Thus, there is a heavy implication that he is either multiclassing, or that his abilities has been severely altered to bypass one of the above premises that would restrict him from using the spell in any plausible fashion.

Also, unless he has a bottomless supply of gems worth 20k gp or so, he'd need to have some degree of spellcraft or some other means of research to determine how valuable a gem is needed for those spells to work since a gem of inferior quality to the creature it attempts to capture would shatter upon attempt.

Firebrand
2013-11-10, 08:04 PM
Trying to think of questions to ask regarding Owen. I was more hoping to just reveal to the rest of the group the details I did post, and allow the possibility of asking questions later at a more appropriate time.

One question I do wonder is regarding Owen's true capabilities.
I am aware OOC of two spells that trap souls. One is Sorc/Wiz 8 only (Trap the Soul) and has some limitations on how it can be cast. The fact that Owen is a paladin means that he can only access divine magic unless he happens to have at least a dip in an arcane class.
The other one which is accessible to Clerics as well (Soul Bind) and thus counts as divine magic as well is level 9. Both of these run into the problem that Paladins aren't heavy casters in general (Paladin highest spell level seems to be 4). This means that his best recourse seems to be an spell completion item such as a scroll or staff. But this runs into its own problems.

This implies a very heavy investment of Use Magic Device skill points, which is a cross-class skill for paladins, meaning his maximum invested skill ranks before modifiers is 13. Given that all spells that need an UMD check has a check of 20 + Spell Level, we'd notice that Owen normally would consistently struggle to make a check of 29 (Soul Bind is more likely). Frequent botches of the spell would be extremely expensive given that both of those spells require a gem worth 1000 gp per hitdice of the creature it intends to capture. So a gem for a character of 16th level would cost 16k gp. Frankly a irresponsible amount of money to risk on a spell of such high level and thus low chance of success! (The scribing of such a spell on scroll would add up further costs of gp and exp too!)

Thus, there is a heavy implication that he is either multiclassing, or that his abilities has been severely altered to bypass one of the above premises that would restrict him from using the spell in any plausible fashion.

Also, unless he has a bottomless supply of gems worth 20k gp or so, he'd need to have some degree of spellcraft or some other means of research to determine how valuable a gem is needed for those spells to work since a gem of inferior quality to the creature it attempts to capture would shatter upon attempt.

Or Owen could have had a caster within his massive army granted to him by a god use a spell or scroll for him.

Aldurin
2013-11-12, 03:16 AM
So are they leaving without providing Derek with demiplane access, or does he have to go to Rantuga to get it?

Firebrand
2013-11-12, 05:41 PM
So are they leaving without providing Derek with demiplane access, or does he have to go to Rantuga to get it?

uhhh...Iuno will travel to the demiplane and let Derek through! Yes! That way she can guide him to the rules there. this is good plan that she was going to do from the start. :smallredface:

Menarker
2013-11-15, 02:42 AM
I'm mainly waiting on Adam to make movements toward the Cabal of Mages regarding the rod (since he extended the offer for Daelan to examine the rod right after the meeting)

Aldurin
2013-11-19, 09:08 AM
And now I'm waiting for Iuno to leave with Derek. What are we waiting on?

Firebrand
2013-11-19, 09:13 PM
And now I'm waiting for Iuno to leave with Derek. What are we waiting on?

I am currently waiting on the_listener to respond to the situation, but he has not logged on since the 13th of November (how unlucky). I mean it is pretty rude for Iuno to leave with Derek without the host saying good bye.

I was not given previous permission to take command of Adam before the_listener's disappearance, I have already PM'd him, and I do not know how the cabal of mages works almost at all.

Feel free to place suggestions below.

Menarker
2013-11-19, 11:38 PM
Well, if the_Listener doesn't mind delaying the cabal thing a little bit, I could have Daelan talk with Penril first while Adam is busy being the good host or what not.

Depends on whether such a convo or connection would terribly lengthy or not.

Firebrand
2013-11-20, 06:17 PM
Well, if the_Listener doesn't mind delaying the cabal thing a little bit, I could have Daelan talk with Penril first while Adam is busy being the good host or what not.

Depends on whether such a convo or connection would terribly lengthy or not.

You are free to ask Derek if he can pull out Penril before he goes with Iuno and we can just assume Adam politely says good bye to Iuno

Aldurin
2013-11-20, 08:08 PM
You are free to ask Derek if he can pull out Penril before he goes with Iuno and we can just assume Adam politely says good bye to Iuno

Derek already chucked the chatty weapon at Daelen, so we can be good to go.

Firebrand
2013-11-21, 09:11 PM
Derek already chucked the chatty weapon at Daelen, so we can be good to go.

I am a fool who forgot!

P.S. not going to have Penril's text be yellow anymore. Too frickin bright.

P.P.S Menarker: Let's pretend each post made will reveal another minute of scanning on Penril.

Menarker
2013-11-22, 01:17 AM
I'm downright giddy while looking at the stats of the weapon! What a neat "payment" that Derek gave!

On a side note, I find it hilarious that a LAWFUL weapon that has the capability to cast ZONE OF TRUTH has 10 ranks of BLUFF. :smallbiggrin:
Then again, Daelan is exactly the same way, if not MORE so. =3

Will work on a response later in evening.

Aldurin
2013-11-22, 09:13 AM
So do I just assume I'm given the means to target that demiplane for shifting and end up there with 9 less power points, or does a council servant specifically warp me there?

EDIT: @Menarker, that spear well exceeds 200k gold with those properties, that better be payment for miscellaneous magic items and a prismatic golem to nom :smallwink: (Illena won't be able to make it if her alignment isn't retained post-vampirism, but she can probably help you with it using your alignment to meet requirements). Also if we ever encounter a similar weapon with alignment requirements that no one can meet, just absorb its soul and give everyone ability tomes with the near-infinite crafting reserve you'll get out of it.

Firebrand
2013-11-22, 10:30 PM
So do I just assume I'm given the means to target that demiplane for shifting and end up there with 9 less power points, or does a council servant specifically warp me there?

EDIT: @Menarker, that spear well exceeds 200k gold with those properties, that better be payment for miscellaneous magic items and a prismatic golem to nom :smallwink: (Illena won't be able to make it if her alignment isn't retained post-vampirism, but she can probably help you with it using your alignment to meet requirements). Also if we ever encounter a similar weapon with alignment requirements that no one can meet, just absorb its soul and give everyone ability tomes with the near-infinite crafting reserve you'll get out of it.

Derek can go to Iuno and ask her to shift you or you can shift yourself

Oh so Penril is that expensive eh...

Aldurin
2013-11-23, 09:50 AM
I'll just shift over to the inevitable siege encounter to save time . . . (not knocking you for it, an extraplanar keep-defense encounter will probably be fun, at least more fun than if the mystery experiments on my cocoon render it a must-kill situation).

Menarker
2013-11-23, 02:29 PM
So do I just assume I'm given the means to target that demiplane for shifting and end up there with 9 less power points, or does a council servant specifically warp me there?

EDIT: @Menarker, that spear well exceeds 200k gold with those properties, that better be payment for miscellaneous magic items and a prismatic golem to nom :smallwink: (Illena won't be able to make it if her alignment isn't retained post-vampirism, but she can probably help you with it using your alignment to meet requirements). Also if we ever encounter a similar weapon with alignment requirements that no one can meet, just absorb its soul and give everyone ability tomes with the near-infinite crafting reserve you'll get out of it.

Well, I don't have much gold on hand to actually make items (the small amount I have now are for my infusion abilities and to possibly make emergency scrolls), but I'd certainly be willing to pitch in the entire required exp cost for it (so long as I don't drop a level). And if I'd be willing to pitch in much of my share of future gold to help out.


EDIT:

Mentally Adam contact's his thralls at the gate to show due courtesy to the swarm before bidding Iuno farewell and promising to see her soon. Then as he quietly watches the Artificers actions with the item he turns to leave, mind afire with new calculations and plans. This game was becoming akin to chess if someone introduced a third player.

"I am heading to the cabal, if you wish to join me Master Dealan now is the time. Also mistress Aelira, I shall contact you soon regarding our travel to rantuga."

With that Adam turned to leave.


My apologies, my daughter has been in and out of hospital the last few weeks, I have been busy.

Just as a heads-up, Daelan has been in his wraith stalking cloak for about the last 2 minutes, just to get a little privacy with the spear and not to disturb anyone with his "conversation". (Although he'd jump out presumably upon being called.)

And I give my sympathy/well-wishes for your hospitalized daughter.