PDA

View Full Version : Perchance to dream... [Race]

Ian.of.Donald
2006-11-02, 12:11 AM
Oi,
So this here is my first thread on GITP forum: Please, hammer, don't hurt me.

This is a PC race I am working on: the fluff is yet to be written, I want to make sure this race can fly (PUN) before I get started on the creative, fluffy stuff. So here it is, one thing you should know is that the Somnulides (working title) is the Coterminous Plane of Dreams, where these critters act as the guards of all sentient creature's sleeping consciousness. Their racial enemy the Night Breed (most definitely going to change this name but, Shadar-Kai) make constant assaults into the Material from their home, the Plane of Shadow, where the steal the dream essence of the sleeper.

So here she is:

Dream Warder

• -4 Strength, -4 Constitution, +6 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: Dream Warders are weak but fast and strong of character.

• Base land speed is 20 feet. A Dream Warder can fly at 40 feet with Poor maneuverability.

• Low Light Vision.

• A Dream Warder receives a +2 racial bonus to any saves versus Enchantment, Paralysis and Fear spells or effects.

• Racial Enemy: Dream Warders receive a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against the 'Night Breed' (Shadar-Kai)

• Fey: The Dream Warders are a race of Fey creatures and are immune to any spells that only affect humanoids.

• Sleepless: The Dream Warders are the guardians of the Somnulides and, rightfully, need not sleep. To regain spells they must rest, without distraction, for 8 hours.

• Cold Iron Weakness: Dream Warders take an additional +2 damage from Cold Iron weapons. Additionally whenever a Dream Warder is within 30 feet of a piece of Cold Iron she must make a Fortitude save at DC 15 or become sickened.

• Spell-like Abilities: 3/day - Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation; 1/day - Fearie Fire, Blur, Plane Shift (Somnulides only).

• Favored Class: Sorcerer
• +2 EL

Dream Warder Paragon Class

• d8 hit die

• Class Skills: Bluff, Craft (any), Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (the Planes), Listen, Move Silently, Perform (song), Spellcraft
4 + Intelligence Modifier / level
• Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Proficient with all Simple Weapons, Light Armor and Shields.

Dream Warder Paragon
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort.|Ref.|Will.|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Fearie Fire 3/day, +2 Cha|-

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|+10 to fly Speed (average)|+1 to Sorcerer Spellcasting

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+3|
+3|Unearthly Grace (Su), Plane Shift 2/day|-[/table]

• Unearthly Grace (Su): The Dream Warder Paragon adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class.

There she is, thanks in advance for any help.
:thog: Ian