PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Past 4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 02:12 PM
@Dantie: You have seen these ayes before, although the body is that of Tarith's. The body is not an illusion. It is a well done mask with a body and stilts made to match Tarith's height. Bandobras smiles as he puts his arms behind his head and lies down. His eyes, now glowing with that airy aura change his voice somewhat.

"Look Dantie, this is the thing- Tarith is a fool, yes. You and I know that. I was present during the Connor mess and even assisted him in protecting his fellow Ravens from the mad inquisitor's plans to take them down. I was... taking a stroll through the palazzo and overheard the lady in purple talking about the box-to-end-all-boxes. And the fact that once again, your friend had broken into this place and taken it, putting himself and the city in danger. Maybe the story was a lie- maybe it wasn't, but I couldn't take the risk. So, I took off and found him by the merchants. You're gonna love this one. He saved a kitten. But anyways, I took the chest from him and gave him a warning to finish whatever business he had there and then rendezvous with you and the rest outside the city. That's when I put up this show for the new Inquisitor, at the same time, asking Xander to call the real Tarith and tell him to leave..."

Bandobras goes silent for a few seconds while you state the fact of the furnace and the pain. He tries to hide a laugh.

"Well...It seems i'll be taking the heat! Now, not to worry, Dantie. I have it all planned. She puts me in the furnace, I'll be as quiet as a mouse- I am dead, after all. And then I'll leave- I have my ways. Now, this part is important- I told Tarith to not come to the city again and stir up trouble. I told him he owed me a solid for me helping his friends at the Wench. If I do catch him here again, I'll send him flying. I was actually in the middle of a very important task. Kid is good, Dantie. Dumb and stubborn as a doorknob, but good."

@Xander: Kalypsia receives the scrolls.

"Thank you for your assistance in this matter, Master Corillian. I am surprised still by the art you used to fell Tarith. Clearly the path of the arcane is one that I myself have much to learn about."

Once at the Fortress, at the entrance to the vault.

"I would warn against entering. This place is heavily warded except to those very close to our beliefs and ethos. Lord Cinderbolt will now be the S'batao's lone guardian while this place is sealed. I will return to this place once a way to permanently take down the creature is found."

@Dimbur: Silas shakes your hand.

"I doubt your trip has been for naught, Master Stonestaff. My colleague Xander Corillian has traveled with Dantie for quite some time, not to mention Father Silva, who traveled with him for years. I am sure if any information is to be gathered, these two fine gentlemen can provide it for you."

@Xander: "My friend, I will now return to the school. If you wish to stop by later afterwards, you are more than welcome. I left Stephan in care of the shop. I hope he hasn't made a mess."

@Tarith: Stephan takes the ring from you.

"This is excellent payment, father! And yes, to have those you most love close to you at all times is what matters most. Farewell and good luck on your travels!"

You pocket the twin symbols and the kitten tugs at your cloak, intent on being carried. Picking up the small feline, you decide to continue on your agenda. After all, everything should be fine.

@Xander: You attempt to contact the man who would be Tarith.

Good show, Xander! Good show! I am currently looking at a very mad Dantie. He should put you up to speed on things. Please do not forget- contact Tarith and tell him to leave the city. I have even left him an incentive in his bag.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 02:17 PM
Copying Dantie's post here, since I posted later to make a new IC thread:

As Dantie listens to the tale he is told he nods to the imposter. Very well and thank you. Lets hope Pelor forgives me for my next actions or the next time you will be seeing that boy is in a wooden box. I should be off now. Good luck.

And with that Dantie covers the body back up and leaves the room, looking for Rosalind and the others.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 02:33 PM
@Dantie: You leave the Cuthbertine Fortress and meet Father Wilhelm and Rosalind in the Chapel. Rosalind gives you a warm hug.

"I'm so sorry, Dantie. I never expected him to come this far!"

Father Wilhelm looks at the sky.

"He is finally now at peace. May his gods be merciful upon his soul."

Rosalind shows you the boxes.

"Maybe not the best time, but these are the dresses. Do you think it would be appropriate to stall the wedding- for mourning? This must've hit you hard."

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 04:30 PM
As Dantie finds Rosalind and Farther Wilhelm in the chapel he is greeted by a warm welcome from the two. I do not think Tarith would like to see the wedding stalled. As the closet thing to a relative he has I have already paid my respects to the body the inquisitor has with her and have given it its last rights. I was in the middle of shopping for the rings when I was called her. Dantie then looks to Farther Wilhelm. Do you happen to know anything about jewelry so you could help me picking them out. I think I am being swindled by the gnome jeweler I went to earlier as he keeps changing his prices. That and he has a ring dedicated to the devourer on sale their. Dantie says to him as he says over his shoulder to Rosalind. It is bad luck to see the brides dress before the wedding. And I have had more then enough bad luck today. What else do we still need to get while we are here? The mattress, your belongings and the rings I take it? Dantie asks her as he mentally calls Xander telling him where Tarith is and that he will need the mages help to leave the city. I am still in the temple with Rosalind and Farther Wilhelm, I should not be to hard to find.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 05:20 PM
@Dantie: "I have the mattress and some of my furniture all bundled up and ready to move. After the wedding I'll stop by to do some extra shopping for the house."

Father Wilhelm raises an eyebrow at your comment.

"Dantie, it is customary for members of the church here to have their rings offered by the highest ranking member. Seeing as that would be me..."

Wilhelm goes to his chambers and comes back with a pair of golden rings. These have the symbol of the sun disc on the front. One has its rays with ruby, the other, in lapizlazuli, giving it a blue coloration.

"My gift to you both. Although if you want an inscription, you might want to write it down. I will send one of the acolytes to have the words forged into them."

Rosalind bows to Father Wilhelm and looks at you.

"What would you like for it to say?"

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 05:30 PM
"Before I go, do you have anything interesting to read on the way? I will be going on a long journey, and having something to read would make it shorter"

Looking for a book for Xander

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 05:47 PM
@Tarith: Stephan browses around the shop.

"Books, books... Where did the mentor leave the... Found you!"

Stephan dusts off an old book before placing it on the counter. The book has worn leather cover dyed in a burgundy color.

The Battle of Hommlet I
By Burne Ashstaff

"The book is quite old. A replica of the original. Many consider it folk tales, due to its age. A fun read nonetheless. Thirty gold for it."

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 05:51 PM
"Expensive. Any chance I could persuade you to drop the price for a poor wanderer? After all, you should be able to get more than your money's worth out of the ring."

[roll0] bluff

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 05:57 PM
@Tarith: Stephan looks at the book and then at you. The kitten in your arms meows softly as his eyes widen towards the diviner.

"Oh, you will be spending much in your travels I'm sure. Ok, fifteen gold."

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 05:59 PM
"Thank you for your kindness. I will be sure to remember you in my morning prayers."

Tarith hands over 15 more gold, and accepts the book. He then starts heading towards the Palazzio idly, intending to get a look at the back wall(assuming the vault was directly against the back wall)

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 06:56 PM
@Tarith: You walk towards the Noble District. The guards on the street have reduced their vigilance. One of them even bows as you walk past them. Then, you see the palazzo.

Just as before, the imposing manor is covered with guards. It would take you some skill in arquitecture to durmise the exact placement of the vault's outer wall.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 07:17 PM
Guarded, and well guarded. I wonder in Brandobras's sacrifice reduced the guards here, or if they are all out looking for me. Either way, waste not, want not. With even more luck, the kitten will keep quiet as well.

Tarith circles around to the rear of the Palazio, keeping out of sight of any guards that might be watching there

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

NathanB1486
2013-01-03, 07:25 PM
Rest assured Mother Kalypsia, I have no intentions of entering your vault. If in the future you find yourself in need of my assistance a second time, you need but send for me and I will aid in any way I am able.

Xander looks Silas.
I have a small matter to attend still, but I will be stopping by your school soon after, I saw Stephan once I arrived, he is the one that informed me you were here, all seemed well while I was there.

Xander leaves the Fortress, once outside and away from the fortress some, Xander pulls out the scroll Silas left with him, and casts sending from it.
Bandobras contacted me, he believes your still in Justcrown. If so leave, you have caused enough trouble today, he left an incentive in your haversack.

Silas never took back the scroll, but Kalypsia did, assuming it was intentional, also it is the only way Xander can contact Tarith right now.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 07:33 PM
But I'm not done shopping yet! Only one more place to visit, then I will tell the Ravens I am not dead, and leave.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 09:06 PM
@Tarith: You sneak in through the west wall.

The place is still soundly surrounded and guarded- At least a dozen bowmen on the roof. Twice that number around the perimeter of the palazzo proper and half that number at the gate.

Spot: [roll0]

Listen [roll1]

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 09:08 PM
Close. I think that fellow almost spotted me. Now, for the tricky bit

Tarith sneaks up to be close to the house proper
[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

I am imagining this as an exterior wall, a field of some sort, then the house proper. The house is a 2 story house.
Is my imagination, and reality, a close match?

Also, nice rolls this time.

NathanB1486
2013-01-03, 09:15 PM
After receiving Tarith's message Xander simply sighs, and shakes his head.
To Dantie.
Dantie, I have bad news, I used a sending spell to contact Tarith...it seems he is still in Justcrown, he claims to be shopping,
and has one more stop he wishes to make, before informing the Ravens he still lives before leaving...the fool is going to get himself killed, were do you think he will be going?

Also it just occurred to me, that dwarf, Dimbur Stonestaff, he was here looking for Tarith as well, in my haste to contact him I left with out speaking with him, I am returning to speak with him now, and plan on going to the wench to wait for Tarith afterward.

Xander returns to the fortress to meet with Dimbur, once he finds him Xander bows to him before speaking.
Pardon my abrupt exit Master Stonestaff, I get caught in my mind from time to time and forget my surroundings, I did not intend to appear rude.

You mentioned you were in search of Tarith in an attempt to shed some light on a past experience. One that I suspect left you scared as you are, perhaps I can be of some assistance in the matter, if you would please come with me we can speak while we walk, there is a tavern near by I would like to visit.
Xander awaits Dimbur's response before traveling in the direction of the wench with him to wait for Tarith.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 09:31 PM
@Tarith: You duck as one of the bowmen walks towards the edge of the roof and checks in your direction.

"All clear!"

You descend the wall and sneak towards the mansion, passing the trees. You do notice a part of the wall looks new- after Bishop's shenanigans tossing trees.

Now all you have between you and the first floor of the palazzo is a stone wall. What lies inside, is anyone's guess. More importantly, however, is the vault. You must rob that golden vault. It will take a thousand inquisitors and outsiders. demons from Realms unknown. But that vault will be yours. No matter the stakes, no matter the price.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 09:34 PM
Now for Phase 2. I will get it this time.
Tarith activates his ring, and walks through the wall, surveying the other side.
[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 10:11 PM
@Tarith: You activate the ring and begin to phase in and out of reality into the ethereal. You walk into the wall and emerge on the other side.

The lobby. Just as you remembered it. With the long staircase where Rosalind was sitting atb the break before branching into two separate staircases and where, before Dantie's fiancee, was the faux Mask of Wee Jas. A pair of very experienced looking guards stand now in their place.

Listen: [roll1]

Spot: [roll2]

Listen: [roll3]

All you would need to do is pass them and take the Duke's room and well into his vault.

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 10:15 PM
As Rosalind tells him she has everything she needs for the house for now Dantie lets her lead him to it so that he can carry it to their carriage in the entrance to town. It seems you got much more done then I in our short trip here Rosalind. Its a good thing to, I think that mattress left splinters in me. Never trusting a drunk to build me a bed again. Dantie says to her trying to lighten the mood, just enough to make it seem like he is still saddened by the events of the day though in his head he is thinking about what he is going to do to the little boy when he gets his hands around his neck.

As Farther Wilhelm explains the customs of his church Dantie bows to the old priest as he is shown the rings. the artwork alone is more beautiful then any of the rings that the gnome had been selling. I do not know what to say Farther Wilhelm. Your gifts....Thank you. Is all Dantie can get out as he looks to the rings presented to him. After a few moments Dantie regains his composure and says to the priest. I believe I know what I would like on the my ring Farther Wilhelm. Dantie says to the priest. May Pelors light guide your path and always show you the way home. Dantie says the last part looking to Rosalind and holding out his hand to her. You do not understand how much this means to me farther Wilhelm, thank you so much. I just wish Tarith could be here to see them. Dantie says truthfully, though they do not know he is still alive Dantie was very well aware. Rosalind I hope you do not mind but I invited mother Kalypsia to the wedding as well. That way both church figures are present as I am trained in their ways and they are very much so a part of my life.

As Dantie is saying this he gets the message from Xander. Do you still have contact with Bandobras, if so I would let him know. If I head back to the church they might think it looks suspicious. Dantie reply's mentally before adding The carriage is at the front gate I will be waiting for you their.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 10:15 PM
Having surveyed the challenge ahead, Tarith steps back through the wall, before casting invisibility, and activating his arcane sight(lets him avoid magical traps, effectively)

Then, prepared for any mundane guard, Tarith calmly sneaks between them, seeking to not make a sound

[roll0] +40 for invis, hide
[roll1] move silently
(epic fail rolls...)

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 11:02 PM
@Dantie: "To My Shining Knight, Who Lights The Darkness in My Life...Forever Yours."

Rosalind holds your hand as she looks up at you with pure undiluted love.

Father Wilhelm takes the rings and gives them to an acolyte as he writes down the phrases on a piece of paper.

"I will have these ready by tomorrow."

Rosalind bows to the priest.

"Father... you have been more than just a spiritual guide in the church. You raised me as a child into the cleric I am today. I would be more than honored if you could walk me down the aisle."

Father Wilhelm smiles and places his hand on her shoulder.

"Child, I usually preside weddings. However, this is a very special one, and will be presided by the Morning Star, no less. It would be my honor to walk you down the aisle, Rosalind."

As both of you walk down the streets, you carry Rosalind's luggage effortlessly as she carries the dresses in a box.

"I hope Anzaril likes what I chose for her. Which, of course I forgot to ask, Dantie. How many people will we be having as guests? Father Wilhelm will be there, then it's us, of course. Xander will be there, naturally. As will Jacob and of course Arrallae. I think it's a great idea to invite Inquisitor Kalypsia. Do you have...anyone else?"

Roslaind's voice trails away. She just remembered that your friend Tarith won't be present. And to bring mixed feelings into the conversation when the wound is so fresh, is never a wise thing to do.

"Tarith Spellbane. By decree of the City of Justcrown, I, High Inquisitor Kalypsia, release you from the torment of this earthly realm. May the gods grant you the mercy you never found here."

The Inquisitor has a fellow Cuthbertine douse the body in oil.

Oh, that's not good. Let's try..and...ughhh..reach my own oil...

Kalypsia takes a torch and touches the shroud. This one immediately ignites.

"It is done. Let us leave and close the door. Make sure the area underneath the door is covered. I do not want the smell going down the hallway."

As Kalypsia shuts the door and the crematorium is left alone. Bandobras, inside the shroud covered in fire smiles.

"Well, B. It's official- fire is not your element."

Wriggling himself away from the shroud and leaving the empty disguise to burn, Bandobras looks up to a chute above the pyre. Too small for a human. Thankfully, not for him.

"And Nerine calls me a rat... she'd love to see the irony now."

Bandobras slowly ascends the chute until he is halfway up, then jets upward at full speed. Once flying above the Cuthbertine Fortress, he sits on a passing cloud and shakes off the ashes.

"Well...that's that. I really hope Tarith appreciates what I've done."

@Tarith: I didn't recall you being invisible

The guards hear some noise coming in your direction as you almost trip a vase on a pedestal.

"Go check, just in case. I'll be watching here."

One of the guards starts coming down the stairs.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 11:07 PM
Thinking quickly, Tarith hides up against the wall, waiting for the guard to pass him, before heading up the stairs, into the dukes room
[roll0] hide(invis)
[roll1] move silently

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 11:26 PM
@Tarith: You hug the wall, moving closer towards the stairs. The guard sent to inspect reports back to his partner.

"Must've been a draft. All clear."

The guard at the top of the stairs takes a step down from his post.

Listen: Spot: [roll0]

"Indeed it is. Come back upstairs. We need to make sure nobody comes in."

You move upstairs past the second guard and take the route towards the duke's room.

Oddly enough, most of the items found previously have been taken away, with the exception of the bed and the bowl and mirror.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 11:27 PM
Moving Quickly, and quietly, Tarith moves past him, before heading for the Duke's room

[roll0] hide(invis)
[roll1] move silently

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 11:37 PM
Missed the edit

Tarith searches for the vault
31 search

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 11:44 PM
@Tarith: You search for the vault's door, and after a few minutes, you find the switch to open it.

As before, you see the short hallway that leads to the vault room. At the end you see the closed door. What riches await inside you can only imagine.

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 11:47 PM
Now, where is their upgraded security...

Tarith slowly moves down the hallway, keeping an eye out for traps, disabling any he encounters

Arcane sight is on, so he can see magical traps
search 31(8th and 9th level arcane traps are missed. Arcane sight might rectify this)
disable device 33(any trap by RAW is disabled)
hide and move silently of 34

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 11:50 PM
@Tarith: You activate your arcane sight and your eyes shift to a blue color, detecting any traps of a magical nature or otherwise.

There is no magic you can sense coming from the door, or in the corridor for that matter.

Listen: [roll0]

Listen: [roll1]

Listen: [roll2]

Listen: [roll3]

Listen: [roll4]

Listen: [roll5]

Listen: [roll6]

Listen: [roll7]

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 11:55 PM
Once he reaches the door, Tarith listens carefully, suspecting a trap
[roll0] listen
34 hide and move silently

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 12:01 AM
And... here we have a trap. But is the bait still here...
Tarith sticks his head through the door, and takes a look around
34 hide and move silently, invisible, 27 spot and listen

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 12:02 AM
@Tarith: You move as silently as you can towards the door. and place your head inches away from it.

Move Silently:[roll0]

Move Silently:[roll1]

Move Silently:[roll2]

Move Silently:[roll3]

Move Silently:[roll4]

Move Silently:[roll5]

Move Silently:[roll6]

Move Silently:[roll7]

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 12:05 AM
Impatient, knowing that there are guards on the other side of the door, Tarith steps through it, hoping that they have not moved the loot
34 hide and move silently, invisible, 31 search, 27 spot and listen

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 12:06 AM
As Dantie hears Rosalinds voice beginning to trail off he looks to her and says looking into her beautiful emerald green eyes. Rosalind, do not worry there are quite a few people coming that I have invited, both directly and indirectly. One I believe is listening to the winds right now somewhere like a little thieving angel. Dantie says hoping Bandobras gets what he is saying. For one there is Mother Kalypsia, then there is Xanders friend Silias, and his old student Stephen. And the people you already mentioned. Perhaps a ghost may even show up to give us his wishes. Dantie says to her as he finishes packing the carriage and sends a mental message to xander letting them know he is ready when the others are to leave.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 12:16 AM
@Dantie: High up over the clouds Bandobras shakes off the soot from his mohawk and turns his eagle eyes towards you, as well as his hearing.

A wedding? And I'm invited? Well..good thing I have some presents for the couple.

@Tarith: Callous and impatient, you step through the door.

Then you feel it, just like in Connor's study that one time. The magic is gone. You turn around and notice that the door and the entire wall has been covered in a thin sheet of lead. Eight guards guards bearing the royal seal turn to look at you as Pottsdorff, breastplate almost holding itself against his bulk, looks at you straight in the eye. You do notice most of the contents of the vault are missing.

"Spellbane! I should've known!"

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 12:21 AM
"Ah, my lord duke. I was simply checking to ensure you were all right."
[roll0] bluff
Tarith opens the Vault door, and leaves, politely closing it behind him

(note: Disguise skill of [roll1] as a cleric of Pelor(nifty, right?)

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 12:27 AM
@Tarith: The guards peer their sights.

Spot: [roll1]

Spot: [roll2]

Spot: [roll3]

Spot: [roll4]

Spot: [roll5]

Spot: [roll6]

Spot: [roll7]

"It's a sham, my lord! It's the thief, Spellbane!"

Duke Pottsdorff is incensed.

"KILL HIM!"

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 12:37 AM
As Dantie gets no reply from the mage he decides it is best not to wait and looks to Rosalind. I think Xander went to go tell the Ravens what happened. I can carry the carriage and the stuff back if you do not mind the walk. After all you will be able to see the woods and who you will be sharing them with. Who knows maybe even Arrallea and Jacob may be out and about. If not I'm sure the other fey would be happy to meet you. Always good to know your neighbors after all. Dantie says to Rosalind as he grabs onto the part where the horses are supposed to go and tells Rosalind to jump on to the carriage before he starts running with his arms pulling it with him.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 01:49 AM
@Dantie: You look at Rosalind as she gets in the carriage. The luggage has been safely strapped to the back of the vehicle.

"Dantie, we have no horses...???!!"

Rosalind has barely a chances to react as you lift the carriage with the strength of a god and charge through the southern gates at full speed, never stopping.

You spot Gigglemug who appears a few feet away from the carriage's path.

"What in the... Dantie?"

Rosalind takes her head out of the carriage as she brushes her red locks and you keep on charging through. Rosalind waves to the little creature she has never seen before and smiles as she points her finger to you.

"My future husband!!!"

Gigglemug laughs and flies up a branch. He takes out a piece of paper and a quill.

"This is a new one for the ballads..."

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 07:20 AM
Tarith, looking around the room, swiftly realizes that the duke is insane. That being the case, escaping the room is of some import. There is no treasure here. The duke has spent it all in an insane attempt to catch Tarith.

"You know, I was going to take my payment for entertaining at the ball, since you never paid me for it, but since you can no longer afford it, considering you have spent your fortune trying to catch me. You spent 50k gold trying to catch a single thief, who could have stolen up to that amount. Did it ever occur to you that that was rather... foolish? Effectively, you robbed yourself. However, just to make things more interesting, I actually have an invitation to be here, which would make killing me here and now... Murder. Are you a murderer, Duke?"

[roll0] bluff(murderer thing)
(assuming since Tarith can see no treasure that lead lining the room+additional guards+permanent AMF cost the duke his fortune)

While Tarith is distracting the duke with words, he is also picking the lock on the door(And... then I realized: Tarith's open lock is insufficient for the purposes of picking this lock, which is probably DC 40, vs a 14)

While Tarith is distracting the Duke, and the guards with his questions, he is approaching the duke, emphasizing his words with gestures. Once he closes to touch range, he picks the Duke's pockets, looking for the key to the Vault
[roll1] sleight of hand

After he fails to do that he prepares to use a smokestick, which would be... unlikely to disperse in the small room.

Tarith's AC in an AMF is a 21(+5 armor, +4dex, +2 dodge), and his attack bonus with his daggers is 16/11

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 09:28 AM
As Dantie begins running he sees Glimmermug pop into existence not to far from him. Been awhile Glimmermug whats up? Heading to the tree house right now if you want to join. How have the covens been? Dantie says as he continues to charge into the woods, moving left and right making sure to dodge all the trees in his path trying to make it to the tree house the quickest way possible.

[roll0] Survival

So Glimermug do you know if the fey would be willing to come to the wedding Rosalind and myself will be having. Arrealle herself we be the one marrying us. Dantie asks the small fey

NathanB1486
2013-01-04, 11:12 AM
To Dantie.
I apologize for the delay in my response Dantie, I have been preoccupied while searching for the dwarf, I will attempt to contact Bandobras, If you plan on return to the Fey woods, I would not wait long for me, I am going to attempt to locate Tarith, and have not had the opportunity to accomplish the task I had originally traveled to Justcrown to accomplish, once I am done here I will be returning to the Font of Life.

In an attempt to contact Bandobras.
Bandobras, I have bad news I contacted Tarith as you requested, it seems he is currently shopping, and intends to make further stops in Justcrown before leaving, it seems he chose not to heed your warning, and whatever incentive you left for him appears to not have been adequate for him.

Dantie, how did the 600 pound carriage get lighter after being loaded?(unless the 532 lbs is the luggage) Doesn't really matter I guess since your buffed strength can handle the carriage and the luggage, the numbers just have me confused. Also I like seeing just how much Dantie can carry, since my teleport just requires us to be under our max loud...meaning Dantie can carry 1600 lbs and we can still teleport with out problems...using that we could teleport around with some crazy heavy and large items.

Alan, can I put a wand chamber in both ends of my staff? Want to stick a wand of truestrike in one end for when I want to use a ray spell, to get a quick +20 to my attack.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 12:26 PM
@Dantie: Gigglemug flies next to you as you charge through the forest, pulling the carriage with Rosalind, her mattress and some furniture along for the ride.

"A wedding...here? And she is presiding? Wow! Well, we've never had a wedding in the Fey Woods. Things have certainly changed! I will go and speak to Uwellyn and Cassilyn about this. A wedding has music, right? We have some very good musicians here."

Gigglemug flies above into the canopy and disappears.

You finally come to a stop a few feet away from the entrance to the Font of Life. Rosalind steps out a little dizzy as she arranges her hair.

"Well, that was a trip in and of itself. I must say, Dantie. It is never a dull moment with you!"

She starts unpacking and carries the boxes with her.

"I hope Anzaril likes what I got her. You think she'll be available?"

@Tarith: You notice the vault has been emptied, but not completely. You spot the empty dummy in the room without the breastplate, currently worn by the duke. The sword is gone, as are most of the items inside. You do spot a single marble bust of an ancestor- the one you played a part for at the Autumn Ball. This one is at the left side of the vault, on a shelf. There is also a mirror with a golden frame, placed on its back on one of the right shelves of the room.

Pottsdorff looks at you with intense hatred in his eyes.

"LIES! You came in here and robbed me not once, but twice! Now you would come a third time? I should've known Kalypsia would be too trusting of your arts at deceiving- NOT ME! I am the law in Justcrown, even above Kalypsia. You will be dead here. In the vault you so much covet."

You walk up to him and try and pocket the key.

"Guards! Block the door. I am not letting this weasel get away this time!"

You watch as a guard pushes a shelf into the front of the door, blocking your escape.

@Xander: You are en route to the Cuthbertine Fortress to fetch Dimbur. He did show up in a rather strange way and asking for Tarith, nonetheless. You communicate what you know to Dantie and then attempt to contact Bandobras.

There is silence on the line for a few moments.

He did WHAT?! I put my hide for him on the fire- literally to get that idiot purged from all crimes and he's still in the city... WHERE IS HE?

Amphetryon
2013-01-04, 12:37 PM
Dimbur paces restlessly within the chamber where the apparent Tarith was encountered, conflicted over which duty, which order, takes precedence in this most unusual circumstance.

NathanB1486
2013-01-04, 01:23 PM
To Bandobras.
Unfortunately I have no idea where he is at the moment, he mentioned visiting the ravens and informing them he lives, I plan to head to the wench to wait for him there, earlier Dantie mentioned Justcrown having three important targets, the Cuthbertine Fortress, the Pelorite temple, and Pottsdorff's estate, I suspect he is at one of the three, with the Fortress seeming very unlikely, I lack the ability to check the other two, before Tarith would have a chance to rob them. Unless of course he is simply shopping at the moment, in witch case he could be at any store in town.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 01:41 PM
@Dimbur: You watch the most bizarre death rattle you have ever seen before as Tarith drops on the stairs of the duke's palazzo.

An interesting collection of individuals. But you have no leads now. Myriam mentioned Tarith Spellbane. Tarith Spellbane is a fool and a thief. A dead fool and a thief now. So was this whole trip for nothing?

Hello, dwarf...

A voice echoes in your mind. You have heard this voice, many years ago. Elven accent. Very haughty. The way the voice uses the term "dwarf" in such a condescending manner. The same way it was used once when Silaqi was alive.

You sure run around like a headless cockatrice, dwarf. You run around without purpose. Blinded. Much like her. However, unlike her, you can have a place in history. My offer still stands. I know who it is you travel. Nothing but flawed accomplishments and a rag tag band of blind fools. If you are still interested in joining an organization that can shed The Truth to you...all you need to do is say so.

Goldpetal may have been misguided... but her legacy and blade need not be so.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 01:44 PM
@Xander: bandobras calms himself after his initial outburst.

He is such a fool, he could've very well returned to the Fortress Temple. I will check the Chapel and any surrounding stores- I happen to be at a certain vantage point at the moment, so it shouldn't take me long. If he is still here, Xander, I trust you can cushion his fall somewhat...because it's going to hurt!

NathanB1486
2013-01-04, 03:02 PM
To Bandobras.
I do not have access to the spell feather fall at the moment, witch would be the preferred method in witch to ease his dissent, I do however have a few spells I should be able to use to compensate. I will of course require forewarning if I am to try cushioning his fall...I had intended on staying in the city for some time, to search for him, as well as a few errands I have been unable to complete due to Tarith's disruptions, just were do you plan on sending him if you find him anyway?

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 05:28 PM
"Robbed a third time? This is the second time I have been here, unless you are blaming me for you spending 100k gold trying to catch me. As far as killing me goes..."
Tarith whips out the kitten
"This may look like a kitten, but in reality, it is an extremely vicious entity. Do you really want to risk being locked in a sealed vault with the kitten present? Do you really want that to be the last thing you ever think? Let me go now, and I will control the kitten. If not..."
Tarith's voice trails off suggestively.
[roll0] bluff: the kitten is an extremely vicious entity
[roll1] intimidate(hopefully, the bluff gives a fairly significant boost to this result.)

Yes, trying to terrify a room full of guards with a kitten is indeed Tarith's current plan.

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 05:41 PM
As Glimmermug asks about music Dantie nods to the little fey. I would be extremely honored if the covens could provide such music. But I must let you know before you go Anzrail will be there as well and under no circumstance is to be harmed. Dantie says to the fey hoping he understands that Dantie only is trying to keep the peace at his wedding and not create more fights in the woods.

As they reach the entrance to the font of life Dantie slows to a snails pace and parks the carriage just under the tree house. As Rosalind asks him if Anzrail will like her dress Dantie looks to the waters and calls out to her. Oh Anzrail, the most beautiful lady of the lake are you available? Rosalind would like you to see the dress she got for you. Dantie calls out as he begins unloading teh carriage with her.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 07:05 PM
@Xander: Bandobras sighs trough the telepathic communication.

Well... a spell like that would, yes...but his location? Well that would be just too... Never mind, I'll deal with him if I see him. Just do me one more favor, Xander- reach him one more time and tell him to leave the city.

Bandobras out.

@Dantie: Gigglemug listens to your wedding plans and, more importantly, the guests- specifically Anzaril, the Witch of the Fens. Gigglemug raises an eyebrow.

"You have invited her? You do know what she does to those who would visit her, right? It is your wedding, after all. I will not create tension amongst the groves regarding her presence.."

Gigglemug looks at Rosalind.

"Congratulations!"

The pixie ascends and disappears into the canopy.

Once on the shores of the Font of Life, you call out to Anzaril, hoping she has heard your call. A few minutes later a breeze issues forth from the lake and Anzaril emerges from the water, her hair as lustrous black as ever.

"Welcome back! I hope you had a lovely time back in the city. How is Xander doing? I saw him write on the shores with extreme concentration- like a little fey scholar. Then, he just disappeared."

Anzaril turns to Rosalind. A look on her eyes unlike any you have ever seen on a creature as ancient and mystic as her- the eyes of a giddy girl when receiving a present.

"Did you find it? Tell me you did!"

Rosalind smiles and hands her one of the boxes before inspecting that it is, in fact, her dress and not the bridal one.

"The money is inside. I think you'll like the style. It fits your form quite well."

Anzaril takes the box and stares at its contents as she walks towards the water. Rosalind is quick to stop her.

"Anzaril! You'll ruin the dress if it gets wet! Let me keep it in the house until the wedding, deal?"

The Lady of the Lake realizes that the young red haired human is right. She has been used to living alone, that having scant wet clothing has never been an issue for her. Weddings are different, it would seem. Vastly different. Anzaril hands her the box back.

"Of course, here you go, dear."

She turns to you.

"So I saw Xander go. I assume he is fine? What of the fool...Tarith."

@Tarith: Your various magical trinkets have been nullified. Your daggers might as well tickle these men in solid, heavy armor- You could hide, yes, but given the room's dimensions, it would be a matter of time before their blades found you. The duke is foaming at the mouth as you tell him again that he has robbed himself, in order to catch you.

"A liar to the very end, Spellbane! And this time, it will be to the very end! Just so you know- I prepared this room accordingly, even took a cue from that madman Connor regarding how to get it all magically suppressed. It worked for him, now it works for me."

The guards begin moving in. There won't be parley. There won't be a trial. It will be bloody. Either you finish them, or they carve you to slices for Roballos to sell at the market. You need a weapon. But what? Your daggers? Your crossbow? Spells won't work... What could terrify these walking tin cans of death and their turtle shaped master?

Then it hits you. Might as well. A life for a life, as they say.

You hold out the kitten who meows at you with a puzzled look. You explain to them that this is no mere kitty, no. This is a creature from the Great Beyond. An entity so foul. A force so vile. That, in it's unimaginable cosmic and alien mindset, it has decided to show up as a harmless little cat. Yet what wrath would a creature like this comceal. What torment unbound could this petite Golden Hairball of Death bring to someone's soul?

The kitten hisses at the group.

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll0]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll1]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll2]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll3]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll4]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll5]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll6]

Sense Motive: Spot: [roll7]

"Is it really a demon?"

"Well, there was that incident not too long ago with the chest..."

"Yeah...but that was locked and safe. Right? Right?"

"I heard it can possess people. Who knows if it didn't take on Spellbane and later transferred to the cat."

"It's just a cat, people! What's it going to do? Awww us to death?"

The kitten hisses again.

"Your grace...I don't think it's safe to keep the cat here."

"I heard it can possess anyone in the room too!"

"It's not taking over my mind!"

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 08:26 PM
As Dantie hears Glimmermugs statement Dantie nods his head in understanding. He had the same opinion when he first meet her. It took being with her though to understand. Glimmermug I believe if you were to see her now you would see that she has changed. And is even quite enjoyable to be around. She still has to eat of course, but now it seems to be from those who are willing to allow her to. Dantie calls out to the small fey as he gets farther and farther away into the canopy.

Once Glimmermug is gone and all is quite once more Dantie waits for the lady of the lake to come to the surface, hoping she had heard him. Thank you Anzrail. Our trip could have gone much better though. As for Xander, last time I saw him was while we were trying to capture Tarith in Justcrown. He was banished from the city for thievery and trying to kill an angel last time he was in the city. Since he left this morning he has done nothing but get into more trouble and even got me in trouble with my deity. I swear when he gets here I am going to feed him to your fish. Dantie says to her completely forgetting that Rosalind is not aware that he is still alive. Dantie finishes as he continues to watch the two girls enjoying each other presence and the dress that Anzrail had gotten for herself.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 09:33 PM
@Dantie: Anzaril listens to Tarith's plight.

"So...he gets banished from the forest and the city? And he killed an angel? Those are servants to the gods. The Fey Courts have them as well- by different names, but they exist. And he killed one? No wonder your deity would be upset, to say the least."

Rosalind turns her face to look at you as she is showing Anzaril the dress.

"Excuse me, Dantie. Did you imply Tarith is alive? But we saw him at the Temple's crematorium. I'm confused."

Anzaril smiles.

"I'm actually interested."

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 09:39 PM
Wait he got banished from the forest? Dantie says completely missing that conversation. And well he tried to. Rosalind saved him in time but yes he tried to kill an angel that was protecting a vault. Dantie says before realizing what he had just said. As he looks to see if Rosalind caught on he sees her looking at him. I implied nothing. Tarith is alive. And before you ask I Dantie stops making sure to empathize that he meant himself. did nothing. You saw someone in disguise as Tarith in the temple cremation room. Do you remember that halfing from the ball? He seems to be very good at his art, and well Tarith now owes him. but as Tarith is not here I suspect that we will be having one angry halfing that got himself a little burnt.

NathanB1486
2013-01-04, 10:22 PM
To Bandobras.
Very well, I will leave the search for Tarith to you, I will still travel to the wench in case he heads there before you locate him. I would love to attempt to reach him again, but unfortunately I only had the one scroll, and have no other way to contact Tarith at the moment.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 10:22 PM
@Dantie: Anzaril raises an eyebrow.

"He was not banished from the entire forest. Just this part. The Font, specifically. The idiot tried to steal from my very pockets. He got caught and now is forbidden from entering this clearing."

Rosalind and Anzaril look at you as you tell the tale about a halfling.

"I remember him! From the ball! What was his name now...I know it began with a B. And now Tarith owes him?"

Anzaril smiles as she walks by the shore.

"Many years ago, before Arrallae came to these woods, there were other denizens in the forest. Amongst them was Svadilfari. A green giant who loved to cause mischief. A troll. He once stole from The Western Grove a rare silk scarf handwoven by Uwellyn. Later, he would attempt to raid the entire Eastern Grove in one night, managing to take Nerine's flute in the process. Svaldilfari even went as far as stealing the acorns from The Shepherd- straight from his bough."

Anzaril takes out her comb and looks at the reflection in the water as she straightens her hair, taking care to remove the occasional reed stuck.

"He was forgiven every time. And every time, he would return and try to steal the objects again and again. It made many of the forest denizens mad because he would just be so coy about it. That was until one day he decided to steal Myriam's boots- handwoven by her sister Nerine and said to have impressive powers over travel."

Anzaril pauses.

"Svadilfari was never seen again. However, if the Fey Ballads are true, it would be fitting to have Svadilfari return in some way. In a new form..."

Anzaril smirks as she strokes her chin while looking at the trees above.

"Tarith the Troll?"

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 10:41 PM
"Your grace, in the interest of not having a psychotic kitten that may or may not be possessed, why don't I just open the door and leave? Seems safest for everyone."
Tarith points at two of the soldiers
"You two: Move that bookshelf. The longer the kitten is awake, the more dangerous it gets. Move It"
Tarith then turns to the Duke, calm on his face. This is a man prepared to meet his death by kitten
"The key, your Grace?"

(assuming the Duke does not give up the key)
[roll0] sleight of hand

After the soldiers have moved the bookshelf, Tarith unlocks the Vault door, and strides out, vanishing from the sight of men once he leaves the immediate area.

AlanBruce
2013-01-04, 11:17 PM
@Tarith: Two of the guards remove the shelf and stand weapons aimed at you but at a safe distance.

"Tarith Spellbane! You will be caught. This I swear! You will hate the day you decided to steal from me. Thank whatever vile gods you serve that they have given you..this as a bargaining tool for your miserable life!"

The duke carefully places the key on your hand as the kitten hisses, making the old round noble let out a womanly gasp as he takes a few steps back.

"LEAVE NOW, SPELLBANE! But know this...I will find you. And you will hang!"

@Xander & Dimbur: I will assume, for speeding this part, that both have become acquainted and are traveling together.

Both walk down the streets of Justcrown and reach a tavern-

The Foaming Wench

Once inside, you are greeted by a heavy set baling human with an apron having a mug of ale behind the bar. Four children dressed in cloaks and leather armor sit at the bar as well as they all solemnly down their own beverage. One of them, a young human girl, walks towards Xander.

"What happened, Xander?! He's dead, isn't he? How did it happen?! HOW!"

Cecile's eyes grow teary as Bill walks up to her and gives her a hug.

"It's ok, Cecile. It was probably fast... Right, Xander?"

Oliver walks up to both and stretches his hand to Xander.

"Grim times, my friend. Grim times. We didn't expect so much to happen in such little time."

A fourth kid in black with a bigger build than the other three walks up to Dimbur.

"Did you get in a knife fight?"

Archmage1
2013-01-04, 11:23 PM
As Tarith steps into the hallway, and Vanishes, his voice seems to ghost out of nowhere

"My life is complete, my final goal achieved. Farewell, Duke of Justcrown"
[roll0] bluff: Was a ghost

[roll1] hide
[roll2] move silently

Disappointed by the lack of loot in the Vault, Tarith heads to the library, seeking to open the secret passage once more, and see if the duke moved his treasury there.

dantiesilva
2013-01-04, 11:45 PM
His name is Bandobras, and yes. Though saying Tarith did not leave as he told him to I suspect Tarith will not be having a happy return back to the woods. Or a soft landing. I do however expect the shadow Stalkers to be sent out once Mother Kalypsia finds out he is still alive. As for him stealing from you Anzrail I am extremely sorry about that. It seems anything not bolted down catches his eye, like the raven his band of thieves take their name from. Dantie says to her kindly.

After hearing the story about Svadilfari Dantie thinks back to what he knows of Bandobras and says That sounds very much like the halfling I am speaking about. He steals, but for no reason. And everything he does do he does for the good of the people or for good fun. Nothing more or less. If I did not know better I would not think there was a bone in him that could hurt anything. Dantie says to her to see if it sounds like the same person to her.

[roll0] history
[roll1] religion
[roll2] the planes All to see f he knows anything about these two people and if they would be connected.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 12:26 AM
@Tarith: You walk down the small hallway with the guards looking at you through the door before you vanish into the shadows.

"I want Inquisitor Kalypsia informed of this...IMMEDIATELY!" The duke holds on to his chest as if having a stroke. His face, as red as a berry.

"We'll secure the house, your grace. If need be, we'll contact father Wilhelm to deal with this demon himself."

You walk downstairs and brush past the two guards and head for the panic room where Varian met his demise.

The library has a collection of books and some items of value- mainly a jade vase, a pair of ornamental swords with the family crest behind them as an ornamental shield. A small music box has been placed here with an ivory relief of a smiling woman in profile.

There is someone else in the room, leaning on a couch. You just met him a while ago, actually.

"And what are you doing here?"

@Dantie: You try and relate the troll from Anzaril's tale to Bandobras. His actions are similar, yes, but Svadilfari disappeared long before Arrallae fell. Maybe just a coincidence.

Anzaril finishes combing her hair and pockets the trinket.

"It would seem you have quite an assortment of curious guests at the wedding, Dantie. I am certainly looking forward to meeting them!"

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 12:30 AM
"Shopping. You?"

Tarith calmly checks for alarms, then starts pocketing the valuable items.

31 search

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 12:52 AM
@Tarith: Bandobras shakes off some extra soot from his mohawk.

"Oh, I don't know... impersonating you so you'd get scot free and taking a lovely dip into the Cuthbertine crematorium. Didn't I warn you to leave this place? The world is much, much bigger than Justcrown, Tarith. You'll get a chance to steal at your heart's content! Those items on the wall are all there is left, anyway."

The Elusive Zephyr gets off the couch and walks towards the door.

"Are you coming, Mr. Ghost?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 04:24 AM

Meanwhile, in Halmathan...

Myriam leans against a dirty wall in an alley and takes out a tablet. The markings on her body have begun to recede into her mask as she breaks the tablet in two and a soft golden glow heals some of her wounds.

Awww...is the little dryad hurt? Maybe we can assist you.

A broad shouldered humanoid with a skull-like face comes into view. The creature has wickedly long claws and carries several items of power strapped to his body. The creature walks towards Myriam and tries to put his clawed hand on her shoulder. This one is slapped away.

"Unless you want to retrieve a stump, I would suggest you keep your filthy claws to yourself, Klaus." Myriam gets up and adjusts her mask. She stays silent for a few seconds and quickly draws her blade into the shadows behind her.

"Jharlandar... you really think you can ambush me. It would take you a million life cycles and perhaps you might have a chance. And I'm being nice."

A pair of reddish eyes glow from the darkness.

"Where's the dwarf?" the voice comes in a hushed whisper from the shadows.

Myriam looks at the many buildings across the street.

"Like I said. My client, not yours."

Klaus leans against the opposite wall and crosses his arms. A smile draws on his skull-like visage.

"Clients don't teleport away after a contract. That's what we do. Now, what did you tell him. Where did you send him?"

Myriam covers her head with a cloak and starts walking down the street. Klaus and Jharlandar disappear from view, although she is quite certain they are there, following her.

"I believe Valtalis put me in charge here? You two don't get to ask questions. You follow orders. We have a map to find. Why aren't you two all over the city looking for it?"

Myriam pauses and breathes deeply trying to make sure they are, indeed gone. She then resumes her walk through the streets.

I need to keep these two as busy as I can. Where are you, Tarith?

dantiesilva
2013-01-05, 08:43 AM
And I am sure some will be excited to meet you. Dantie says as he gets the rest of the belongings to the top of the tree house. Well I have to go now, that way we can have the house set up for the week. See you later perhaps? Dantie asks her before disappearing with Rosalind into the house with the belongings.

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 11:21 AM
"So the duke DID go insane trying to get me. How... Disappointing. Still, Time to go to the Tavern, then back to the fey woods"

Tarith heads out, intending to go to the tavern, to inform the Ravens that he is still alive.

34 stealth skills

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 12:34 PM
@Tarith: You pocket the valuables in the library and state to Bandobras your plans to head to the Wench and later to the Fey Woods. The halfling turns to look at you as you can hear footsteps rushing from the second floor.

"He didn't go insane. He was paranoid after your first heist. I intervened to keep you out of trouble, as well as keeping Dantie's oath somewhat untarnished. Xander and the dwarf are already with the Ravens. Your magus friend is well aware of the situation and will no doubt inform the Ravens of what has happened to calm them down. You, however, need to leave this place, unless the duke goes really mad and decides to go to the Wench."

Bandobras' hair begins to stir, as if a gentle wind is pushing it to and fro.

"So, are we leaving?"

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 12:35 PM
"If Xander does not tell them, you will? Then yes, we are leaving."

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 01:00 PM
@Tarith: You follow Bandobras to the front door, which is heavily guarded.

"Not good. Let's try the left wing."

Both of you sneak to the other room where you practiced for the play. There you find a small hourglass made of alabaster and an ivory pedestal with a globe, featuring the world of Oerth. The globe seems old and probably outdated, but it should fetch a good price, if not a good ornament for the Silva's new home.

Bandobras props open a window leading to the courtyard and seeing no guards, turns to look at you.

"Last shopping, if you need to do it. Where are you headed after this. Try and give me exact locations."

NathanB1486
2013-01-05, 01:12 PM
Xander shakes Oliver's hand.
Please, raise your spirits friends, times are not as grim as they appear. It seems the ravens have themselves a guardian angel. Do you remember the last time Tarith had the city in a uproar? I believe I had heard a certain halfling paid the wench a visit, and expelled some unwelcome guests the former High Inquisitor had sent from the premise.

That same halfling it seems has come to Tarith's aid again, he had impersonated Tarith and allowed himself to be caught, and made it appear as if he had been executed. Rest assured however, no harm has come to any of them. I have spoken to both after the two of them staged Tarith's demise, and as far as I know Tarith intends to pay you all a visit before he leaves Justcrown for the last time.
Xander pauses a moment, then motions to Dimbur.
This is Master Dimbur Stonestaff, he traveled to Justcrown hoping for answers from Tarith regarding his past, after we are done in Justcrown I intend to take him to meet with Tarith, in hopes he can aid Master Stonestaff in his search for answers.

Not sure how I missed the post at the wench.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 02:07 PM
@Xander & Dimbur: Cecile wipes her eyes clean and smiles.

"I knew he wouldn't go down easy. I Told you, Bill!"

"You wouldn't expect T to just go like that, did you?"

Otis the barkeep serves two mugs of ale. One is filled to the brim.

"Master Corillian, Master Stonestaff. These are on the house."

Oliver takes a seat and sips on his own ale.

"So that halfling...Bandobras. He did show up some days ago. Is he a friend of Tarith's? I saw him take down the squad Connor sent here in a most unusual way. Is he a resident in Justcrown? Never heard of him."

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 02:24 PM
Tarith, of course, continues acquiring minor items to be used as either gifts, or sold at a later date.

"Given that the Ravens are being told, I suppose the correct destination is near the font of life in the fey woods"

Tarith describes the area

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 03:28 PM
@Tarith: Bandobras listens to your directions and takes out a scroll.

"You seem a little hurt. Let me use this on you before I send you. Normally I'd go with you, but I have to go see on Xander and the dwarf and tell them you're in the forest."

UMD [roll0] activate Heal scroll for 110 hit points

Bandobras reads the scroll in a whisper and this one loses its luster before rumpling into a pile of ash. The power contained in the scroll closes your wounds. You only wish you had other current maladies on to make the best effect of the scroll. Bandobras takes a few steps back. A gentle breeze begins to revolve around you as the halfling's eyes turn to a deep blue, much like your Arcane Sight, but these have a swirling aura in them- As if a storm were being contained.

"I'll see you at the wedding. Take these potions when you're in midair."

Bandobras hands you three potions.

The gentle breeze turns into a tremendous gale force winds. Your cloak threatens to let itself go loose from your back as your hair is pointing upwards towards the sky. Leaves and dirt are lifted into the sky and disappear on the clouds above. Then, you feel the pull of the winds, all under Bandobras' control, attempting to lift you into the sky. Much like Nerine's fate in this very courtyard.

Will save DC 42 or pass and get [roll1] points of damage.

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 03:29 PM
Well, chances of Tarith getting the nat 20...
Still, Nerine should have made this save with ease.
[roll0]

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 03:39 PM
Tarith goes flying. As he flies, he casts fly, to prevent him from taking fall damage.

NathanB1486
2013-01-05, 03:41 PM
Xander takes the less full mug, trusting Dimbur shared his races legendary thirst, and would finish it before he finished his.
Thank you Otis.
Xander looks to Oliver.
Yes Bandobras, I was unsure if any of you knew his name. Tarith seems to have the strongest relationship with him, and that seems to only include a few chance encounters. As far as I know Bandobras is rather old, and incredibly powerful as to his residence he seems to spend some time here, if he lives here or not I do not know.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 03:43 PM
@Tarith: You can barely keep your eyes opened from the gush of wind emanating around you.

"Don't forget to use the poti..."

Then, the blast. You feel your body burning up like a rocket as you are propelled at an incredible speed directly upwards. A trailing comet ascending higher and higher at incredible speeds, breaking the different atmospheres and feeling as if wispy shards brushes passed you. Your body can barely take the pain as the air around you begins to feel very cold. The sky has turned black and, for a few seconds, you are floating above Oerth. An enormous sphere of green, white, and blue.

Ascending damage fire and piercing [roll0]

If you want to cast a spell, make a Concentration check vs. damage dealt to cast it.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 03:48 PM
@Xander: Otis takes a good gulp from his ale.

"Yeah, I remember that fellow. He showed up and tossed those soldiers around. I had no idea he was Tarith's friend. At any rate, when do you think we'll be seeing old T back?"

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 03:54 PM
Tarith drinks the potions. Whatever they are.

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 04:02 PM
A slightly more entertaining post.

As Brandobras casts the heal spell, the tingling in Tarith's limbs, the agter effects of the forbiddance effect, seemed to vanish, only to be replaced with the feeling of extreme nervousness.
He isn't going to do that whole... Throwing thing, is he?
Alas, Tarith's hopes are swiftly dashed as he is first lifted, and then hurled into the air. Barely suppressing a scream, Tarith feels the burning of the wind and fire, as he is launched into orbit, frantically trying to drink the potions as he goes.
As the ground approaches, Tarith has but one thought, but, alas, it is not pg-13, and shall not be printed here.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 04:17 PM
@Tarith: You find yourself enveloped by Bandobras' power and floating in what can only be describes as space- The air has been denied and you are quick to drink down the three potions.

CCW1: [roll0]

CCW2: [roll1]

CCW3: [roll2]

Thousands of miles below, Bandobras tries to envision where to send you.

"I can't have him crash on the ground. He did mention a lake. Maybe the water will soften the fall."

You feel your body being redirected like an arrow towards the great sphere below. And, just as you sped up, you are shot down. Breaking through the different atmospheres and passing through gigantic clouds, you barely have a chance to notice the vast landscape spread before you. Bandobras was right: Cities far off in the distance. where? One could only guess. Vast oceans, mountain ranges, even an enormous desert. Then, you see a minute square which can only be described as Justcrown, with an enormous green patch next to it- The Fey Woods.

Descent: [roll3] points of fire and piercing damage.

The pressure is tremendous as you notice the green patch coming closer and closer. You try and veer off to the side, but the power of this spell is too strong to break free. Then, the crash through the canopy as branches, twigs, and leaves slap your face on the way down, a fiery trail in your wake. Then, blue. A lake. Mud islets. This is the Font of Life. You close your eyes as you plummet into the depths of the lake, creating a sonic boom across the entire lake and forest.

Falling damage: 3/4 because of water [roll4]

@Dantie: You're finishing unpacking Rosalind's furniture in the tree house. The place will need some work, but nothing like some tender loving care can't fix. Rosalind is still talking to Anzaril below when you see a scorching meteor descend into the Font of life. The entire house shakes from the blast as a hole is created on the lake which is quickly refilled and then...the wave.

A tremendous wave carrying the sacred water starts coming towards the shore. Anzaril holds on to Rosalind and both disappear in a flash and reappear in the house next to you.

Anzaril watches the water wash itself way into the grove.

"What in the hells is that?"

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 04:24 PM
Tarith would stop drinking after the 2nd potion, as he would be at full health...
Before the descent and fall damage hits.
Also, the fall damage for falling from Orbit... is much much higher. 1d6 per 10 feet...

This is going to hurt
Nearly blinded by the fiery pain surrounding him, Tarith can see the lake coming, and tries to prepare for the impact
As he crashes into the water, Tarith tries to assume a position to minimize the harm
[roll0] tumble

As Tarith hits the surface of the water, he falls unconscious from the force of the impact.
Drowning(round 1)

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 04:36 PM
@Tarith: As you sink down to the depths below. You lazily open your eyes and see an enormous figure swimming towards you. Then, darkness as you find yourself in its mouth.

@Dantie: As you watch the grove flooded. Anzaril becomes furious.

"Who could've done this?!"

Then you see an enormous snake covered in moss swimming towards the house. The creature opens its beak like mouth and, lying semi conscious, you see Tarith.

NathanB1486
2013-01-05, 08:40 PM
As you know, Tarith has gotten himself banished from Justcrown, unless he does something foolish and returns again, or one of you travel out of Justcrown, it may be some time before you see Tarith again.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 08:53 PM
@Nathan & Dimbur: As you are explaining the Raven's Tarith's situation, the door to the Wench opens and in strolls Bandobras with a casual walk. The halfling takes a seat and raises his hand to Otis.

"I'll have a beer."

He waves at both of you and invites you to take a seat. As Otis places the mug on the table, the Elusive Zephyr cups it with both hands and starts drinking.

"I was parched! Being in an oven is not what they put it out to be."

He looks at both of you and smiles.

"Tarith should be in some lake in the woods...at least I hope so. He had to... fly out of here. He should be fine, though."

Oliver walks up to the table.

"What have you done to him?" his hand at the handle of his blade.

Bandobras sips from the mug some more and exhales cold air in relief.

"Saved his life, kid. That's what."

Bandobras looks up to both of you.

"I imagine you have a way to get back to where Tarith is?"

dantiesilva
2013-01-05, 10:09 PM
As Dantie sees the big splash in the water he pulls out his brand new sword and begins heading towards the water incase of an attack, but it seems Anzrail already has it covered as a large beast emerges from the depths with a creature in its mouth. When it gets a little closer Dantie can not believe what he sees. Well look who it is. Dantie says putting the sword down and walking into the water towards the beast and tarith, ready to give him a few good punches. As he is walking he begins cracking his knuckles. You my friend have a lot of explaining to do. Dantie says trying to grab him out of the creatures mouth.

[roll0] Grapple check +5 from smite and +1 from knowledge devotion, though it should be alot more saying I am very well acquainted with Tarith but did not know what knowledge to roll.

AlanBruce
2013-01-05, 10:56 PM
@Dantie: You wade through the water towards the draconic snake. As you are ready to pummel Tarith, you realize he isn't conscious. The left eye is opened but looking upward.

Nothing a healing spell cannot fix.

dantiesilva
2013-01-05, 11:12 PM
Dam boys lucky. Dantie says grabbing him by the back of the neck and throwing him onto the shore. Once he himself makes it over their Dantie asks Rosalind if she has any spells prepared to heal him. Once he comes to Dantie once again grabs him. What in the nine hells were you thinking. First stealing from our hostess. Then going back to Justcrown and making me lie for you. I should have let them murder you. Starting tomorrow you are no longer using your abilities for evil. I am enlisting you in the shadow stalkers. At least then you will be using your skills for a good cause. And maybe if they let me, I will train you. Dantie says to the boy before waking him in the head. You could have gotten us all killed and the wedding canceled. Do you enjoy putting us all in danger Tarith? I understood this stuff as a boy, but you are a grown man now and need to start taking responsibility for your actions. Sure you had a rough child hood. So did many others. Guess what happens to them though. They die. Want to know why, because instead of changing their lives and learning from their past they continue to make the same foolish mistakes. Your like a son to me. but if you keep this up I will have to turn my back on you. You have made me lose my grace from Pelor, and if I do so anymore I will lose everything I have worked for my whole life. I am not willing to give that up Tarith. So choose here and now where you stand. The line has been drawn. Grow up and be a man or leave and stay a child that thinks only for himself. Dantie says his face completely serious. The only other time you have seen him like this was when he was in the valley.

Archmage1
2013-01-05, 11:28 PM
Coughing up water, his clothing still smoking, Tarith's first thought is of the kitten. He rescued it from drowning. Having it die that way would be... wrong.
Tarith opens his soaked pack, extracting the poor, wet kitten. He comforts the kitten, trying to let it know everything will be ok. He then dumps the water in his bags into the lake, restoring some of the water.

"Stealing, as a prank, can be fun. I was going to give it back to her as a gift at the wedding. I did not make you lie. You did that all on your own, which amazed me. I figured that you wanted me dead, but the ability to keep your hands clean. I lied to protect you reputation with the church, which is important to you, whereas the churches opinion of me is irrelevant. I hardly use my abilities for what I would consider evil. Good luck enlisting me against my will. I am not going to join a group of assassins. And how would YOU, Mr holier than thou, train ME in the art of stealth. I took a risk, and I did not expect any of you to be affected. Indeed, you weren't affected at all. Did it ever occur to you that whatever is in that chest must very nasty to the church. I wonder what secrets they are keeping hidden from you. I do not expect you to expend any effort protecting me, since your god does not approve of me, in any way. On the other hand, without me, what chance do you have against Nerine? You need me, as I am. My stealing may get us what we need to beat our opponents. However, I will be a bit more... cautious as far as what I steal in the future."

For some reason, Tarith is being amazingly honest with Dantie.

dantiesilva
2013-01-05, 11:51 PM
As Tarith pulls a kitten out of his bag and explains to Dantie that Tarith had not really cast a spell on him but he had defended the boy himself Dantie looked at the boy. Your lieing. I would never defend someone who was trying to release a demon from the bowels of hell. And yes I found out what was in the chest. Did you manage to before I just told you? If you would have opened that box, it would have been a death sentence on you and all in that town to make sure the thing was contained and forced back into the gem. And as for enlisting you. Boy if you don't do it, you will never be able to go back to Justcrown look at it that way. At least with the church supporting you, you may one day be allowed back in. But so far your actions are going to get you killed and your friends to turn their backs on you. Trust me I do not think Brandbrosa liked getting put on fire to protect your sorry hide, but he did so. Why don't you pay some respect to him by staying out of trouble. As For me being effected, Tarith you have no idea how much I was effected. First of I thought you died you dam idiot. And to top that off having my own god tell me that I am turning away from the path. Just because you see something as not being evil, does not make it any less evil. And next time why do you not think about your friends first before you do such a thing. I can not always protect you from the church or the law if what you say is true Tarith. I have been doing so for a long time. And I have run out of funds to keep paying people what you take. You think you used to get away with all that food and were so good. I used to pay the people for everything you stole Tarith. Please my friend. Stay your hand, or use it for the good of the people and not yourself. Can you at least do that. I do not want to force you to Tarith but if I have to cast a spell on you to do so and walk away from you I will. As for our chances against that witch they will be the same as they are now. She could have attacked us and because you were so busy picking pockets and thieving we could have all been dead before you took care to notice. Dantie says, and then he hears the words he thought he would never hear from Tarith and looks to the him, pride in his eyes. That is all I can hope for Tarith is for you to try your hardest and do your best. Thank you. But I believe you owe a few other people an apology. Dantie says looking to the two women who have been quite this whole time.

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 12:10 AM
"So like you. To believe I lie when I am not, and to believe I lied when I didn't. Still, either way, it is irrelevant. What could possibly have been in such a chest to be so dangerous to everyone in town? I find it far more believable that there was something dangerous to the inquisition in it. I can go back to Justcrown any time I want. I just can't use my own face. Not really a problem. The church will never support me, so I won't support it. Seems fair to me. If I truly want to pay Brandobras respect, I just won't get caught. The good of me IS the good of the people. I can use the money more effectively than they can, as I mostly seem to be fighting the forces of evil. And who do I owe an apology? The inquisitor? For returning her dirty laundry? Get real."

NathanB1486
2013-01-06, 12:45 AM
To Bandobras.
I take it you found him before he got into further trouble then? I will contact Dantie to ensure they are both safe at the font. As to returning to Tarith, I still have a errand to run in Justcrown before leaving, but it is late, and I do not wish to disturb Silas at this hour, I had planned on staying the night here, visiting Silas early in the morning, then Teleporting Dimbur and myself to the rest.

To Dantie.
I am speaking with Bandobras, he informed me he sent Tarith to the Font, has he arrived safely? I intend on staying at the Wench tonight, and should be returning myself and the Dwarf, Dimbur, to the Font of Life to meet the rest of you. Did you get everything you needed, or do you wish me to bring anything with me?

Xander looks to Otis.
Otis, Do you happen to have rooms available for the night?
Xander looks to Dimbur.
If you are comfortable with it Master Stonestaff, we can share a room, unless you wish for some privacy.

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 01:57 AM
And do you doubt the very person who saved your life judgement? As he did not want you having the chest either? Some things are meant to be left alone and forgotten Tarith. I would learn it soon to or you will be finding yourself with more in common with those from that Ward then those trying to save the world. Some things may not be black and white. But when someone tells you something is dangerous you should use some common sense. Especially if it will hurt the common people. Dantie says to Tarith hoping to make him understand.

As Xanders message gets through to him Dantie replies Yea he made it here. And he is thinking about going back to grab that chest saying it could be something that the inquisitors are afraid of being released. To bad he is not thinking that if they are afraid the common people will be to. I swear he is the embodiment of chaos sometimes, and do not know how he came to be this way. As for you staying at the Wench I will let Anzrail know, though she has been asking about you, if you can you may want to contact her. And this Dimbur fellow, ever hear of him? Tradik as far as I remember never mentioned...Oh wait thats right you never meet him. Sorry Xander. try to find out what you can first. Make sure we can trust him before bringing him near her. Dantie says hoping he knows which her he is referring to. And No I do not need anything sadly I kept my shield with me and did not have the time to sell it. So perhaps tomorrow. Have a good night Xander and stay safe. I am not that far away if you need me. Dantie says waiting for the two girls to finish with Tarith.

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 02:07 AM
"He overheard the inquisitor talking about it, and assumed she was being honest. You assume that what I do is wrong. I steal from those who can afford to lose what I am taking. And there is a world of difference between theft and murder, which you seem to ignore."

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 04:23 AM
@Dantie & Tarith: As both of you quarrel over morality in the sinken grove, Rosalind looks from the window.

"Should we go down there and do something?"

Anzaril raises her hand and dismisses the giant eel who return to the depths of the lake.

"Normally, we would, dear. This is one of those instances when we let them settle their differences. I do hope we have a way to reverse this flood, however. I will keep watch if this discussion gets out of hand."

@Dantie: As you admonish Tarith, your spellthief lets the bag open and a cute little golden kitten pops its head out. At seeing your face red with anger, it hisses at you. The animal is not evil, just a random pet Tarith managed to snatch. What for? You can only begin to guess.

@Dimbur: That voice echoes in your head again as you sit down in the tavern and take a gulp of the ale.

Hello, Master Stonestaff. By now, you probably are aware of the situation you have literally fallen into. I await your answer. Think about it. A man trained by Silaqui would never fall into a company as disparaged as the one you are currently with. This is my last offer. Be wise, dwarf. Do your mistress proud.

@Xander: Bandobras finishes his ale and wipes his mouth clean.

"Yes, Tarith should be with Dantie. I can send you there like I did with him, but I doubt you would like that sort of travel. I do have a scroll here I bought from a wizard not too long ago. I would've used it with Tarith, but I needed to alert the Ravens first of his safety. This should get you to wherever you want to go without difficulty."

Scroll of Teleport

Otis approaches you.

"Indeed, Master Corillian! We have several rooms available. Would you care for one or two?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 04:53 AM

Valtalis takes a seat and watches through one of the mirrors the scene in the tavern. Another is directed at the Font of Life.

"Well, at this rate, I may not need to send anyone."

The old man in the gurney connected to tubes and jars filled with fluids attempts to speak.

"Two...for one..."

Valtalis turns to look at him.

"Indeed, Master Kalynas. It is a tempting situation. However, we cannot act yet. I ask for patience, my lord."

Valtalis turns towards a dark corner of the room.

"I'm glad you made it in time. I am certain you have followed the events portrayed here? If that is the case, I may need you to...disrupt a certain event in the near future. Do not hold back, since they will likely won't. I need to assess the memory gauge of the subjects Two and One. Know that they will likely have company- mainly those in the mirror. They are disposable, but do not engage the subjects. I want you to record everything they know. As soon as you have done that, return to me."

The shadows in the corner glow with six pairs of eyes and disappear.

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 10:05 AM
And stealing from churches, the very thing that put food in beggars mouths, protect them and cure the sick is what you call stealing from those who can afford it? Dantie asks both mad and curious at what the boys answer will be. As for their being a difference betwen theft and murder they may be different, but they are a very thin line that is easily crossed. Keep that in mind Tarith. If you forgot you almost killed Cassial. That was the line I am talking about. When something stands in the way of you and your prize.

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 11:08 AM
At this blatant lie by Dantie, Tarith laughs

"Stealing from a church? Really, you consider the inquisitors a church, that actually puts food in beggars mouths, and helps people? Get real. They may offer food to the beggars, but only to arrest them for theft later. All they care about is their own, narrow, interpretation of the law. Stealing from them, all I am doing is stealing their own stolen goods. I did not almost kill Cassiel. I would have tried to disable him, but he was powerful enough that I had to knock him out. but I had no intentions of killing him. That was all of the makings of others."

While Tarith is... responding to Dantie's lecture, lying on the ground, he takes the nearness of Danties cloak to use it to dry off the kitten, and offer it some more meat, figuring that it would be hungry after terrifying a room full of soldiers.

NathanB1486
2013-01-06, 12:46 PM
Thank you for the offer Bandobras, however waiting until morning to return to them will be fine, I have already contacted Dantie, Tarith is safe with him and they are not expecting me till morning. I can make use to the scroll however, if you will still permit me to keep it.
Xander takes the scroll from Bandobras, then looks to Otis.
Thank you Otis, if you have plenty of rooms, I see no reason to not give us both plenty of room to stretch out, two rooms sound excellent.
Xander pays Otis for two rooms.

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 01:12 PM
You call them Inquisitors, those who respect the law call them the law. And if you were not so chaotic in nature half the time you would see it to. But you care to much for personal freedom that the idea of someone protecting the citizens is beyond you. Tell me, if the church of St. Cuthbert was not protecting the people and providing the law who do you think would. Let me give you a hint. The duke, and that means there would be no fair trials it would be as he saw fit. And how can you call goods taken from those who are now deceased stolen when you yourself are wearing such belongings Tarith spellbane? Are you calling yourself a thief now? What they confiscate is to make sure the common people, which by the way are most people in the city are, stay safe and are not killed by fools like you who think they are doing the world a favor. If I did not grow up with you I would swear you had demon blood running through your veins. Talking such Blasphemy. You say you tried to knock him out, but all it takes is one lucky hit Tarith, that is what you seem to not understand. One misplaced blade and you could have killed him. And over what, a few gold coins. Could you have livid with the fact that you killed someone over money? Dantie asks him.

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 01:20 PM
"Dantie, they are an unaffiliated organization. They take the law into their own hands. The law is the town guards, not an organization of assassins and hypocrites. The church does not protect the people. They protect their own narrow view of the world. Not the same thing at all. The duke only rules on major crimes, such as a major theft, or a murder, and the magistrate rules on the others. Accusing people of crimes, killing them, and claiming their goods is nothing more that a far move evil theft. I do not harm the common folk. I do redistribute wealth from the rich, however. And as far as killing Cassiel goes... Even if he had died, he would not have died. After all, he is like a demon right? If he dies on this plane, he is just banished for a century. Additionally, he was trying to kill me. If someone tries to kill you, you simply return the favor, and hope you do it better than they do."

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 01:30 PM
I am sure he did not attack you right away Tarith do not even try that one. Did he not give you a warning to leave before attacking? And how is a church dedicate to the upholding of law not affiliated with the law? You do know how childish you are sounding correct? In the case of Connor you are correct. But not all of them are like that, most of them are trying to look out for the people and protect the citizens. If you ask her at the wedding I am sure she will try to explain to you what mess she has been trying to fix since his reign as High Inquisitor. Are their flaws in the system, yes, but it is the duty of other members of the world to point them out so they can be corrected. You pointed out that Connor was a fraud and he was dealt with accordingly was he not?

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 01:44 PM
"He attacked me as soon as I entered the vault. They are dedicated to upholding the law... as they see it. They are not good. They are brutal, and uncaring. If you break into a burning house to save a baby, they will execute you for breaking and entry. They serve the letter of the law, not the spirit. Connor was not dealt with. As far as I know, they just moved him, like airing out the laundry. I imagine he is doing the same thing elsewhere."

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 01:47 PM
And would you say that to Cassials face if he were standing before you still as he once was Tarith? Or would you lie like you always do when you are cornered and caught. And if you went to save a child in a house I know for a fact you would not be punished if what you say is true and no illusions were in place. As for Connor you may be right. Last I knew he was sent to the free city to be dealt with though.

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 01:53 PM
"Dantie, if he were standing here, instead of turned into an undead... thing, I would indeed say that to his face. By the LAW, which you hold so dear to your heard, I would be guilty of a crime for saving that baby. That is all the inquisitors care about. Not right, or wrong, but did your actions meet some requirements that they wrote down in a book somewhere. No judge, no jury, just an executioner. No extenuating circumstances, just what they feel the law should be."

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 02:22 PM
Dantie being fed up with Tariths antics throws his hands up in the air, I'm done arguing with you Tarith. Just remember what I said. Anzrail he is all yours. Dantie says going up to the tree house, it is late and he wants to sleep.

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 02:25 PM
@Xander & Dimbur: Bandobras hands you the scroll, leaves a gold coin on the table for Otis and walks out.

"I may have something of interest for you two. I was in town to resupply some of the people I'm helping, which is why I was here. You are aware of the wedding, of course. I have been invited. After that, I have some news regarding an old friend of yours you might find interesting. See you in a week."

Otis walks up to you.

"Two rooms, then? It's just a pair of silvers for the night. This includes breakfast. Shall I get the rooms ready?"

@Dantie & Tarith: You exchange views on morality and the role of the church in the world while Rosalind and Anzaril watch from the uneven window made by Bishop on the tree house.

"So now he floods my grove too... Tarith is full of pleasant surprises, indeed."

Rosalind looks at the charred hole on the top of the canopy and the aftermath of his fall.

"Tarith can do many things, Anzaril. Not many which I may approve, but I can assure you he does not have the ability to do that. Didn't you see how badly he looked?"

Anzaril watches the two men arguing and starts climbing onto the window.

"Let's see what I can do to settle this. This is my grove, after all."

Anzaril leaps off the window and lands on the water with a splash. She swims towards both of you and walks towards the shore.

"You two seem to have a heated argument. Tarith, you were, if I'm not mistaken, banished from the Font. And now you have crashed here quite literally. I know very little about churches. In fact, the fey do not follow such creeds to heart. I do know that when an argument has no end- much like this one. There is only one way to resolve matters."

She points to a dry patch on the hill where the entrance to the grove lies.

"Better than exchanging views on a debate, wouldn't you agree?"

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 02:37 PM
"Dantie, not my fault you don't actually look in the mirror, and see what the inquisitors that you value so highly actually are."

As Anzaril comes towards them, Tarith watches, interested in how she is going to react to his presence.
Not as bad as it could have been. Now, will she try to get me... again

"To be fair, it was not my doing, but the doing of Brandobras. I would not have chosen to go splat in such a fashion. Also, you never actually banished me from the font of life. I simply left, as you were a bit... upset, unduly so, really, over a prank."

Tarith pauses for a moment, before continuing.
"You know, this animosity between us is not really helping either of us. So, why don't we start over?"

Tarith looks a bit sheepish for a moment

"Also, I don't suppose you can neglect to mention the kitten to Arrallae? I would prefer for it to be a surprise for her."

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 03:05 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril walks towards you and raises an eyebrow at the kitten on your arms.

"A gift for Arrallae? You didn't steal this one from an elderly woman, did you?"

Anzaril lowers her head to get a closer look at the feline.

"I must admit, it is quite cute. What is it? A male, female? And its name?"

She then turns towards the flooded area around you.

"I do not know who this Bandobras is. I do know my grove is flooded. If you can come up with a way to revert this mess and push the water back into the lake, I would be willing to overlook your earlier attempt at burglary. I would advise you are quick, though- the leviathans have never swam so close to shore and they can get hungry if unchecked..."

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 03:11 PM
"You know, I don't actually steal everything. This one was rescued from 3 boys who were drowning it. I was going to allow Arallae to name it, but I am afraid that I am not an expert on kittens. And... there has not exactly been an opportunity to take a look."

Tarith takes a look at the kitten

"Looks like it is a _____"

"As far as moving the water goes..."

NathanB1486
2013-01-06, 03:40 PM
I look forward to seeing you at the wedding Bandobras. I must ask however, and forgive me if I appear rude, but informing someone you have something of interest to tell them, then informing they they must wait a week to learn the news, do you need to retrieve something before informing us, or is it simply for your own amusement that we must wait a week and wonder on your news?

Xander hands Otis the money for the rooms.
Yes, thank you Otis, I intend on retiring soon.

To Anzaril.
I understand from Dantie that Tarith has arrived safely in your grove? I do hope he has not caused further trouble for you. I will be staying in Justcrown tonight, and intend to return to your grove early in the morning, I will be bringing one more guest with me, A dwarf who has traveled here seeking answers from Tarith, it seems appropriate the two of them meet. Have you received your dress from Rosalind? Is it to your liking?

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 05:25 PM
@Tarith: You look at the kitten by raising him up to get a closer look as he meows in fear while looking at the water around him.

It's a male.

Anzaril looks at the immense amount of water that has escaped the lake and floods the grove. The small boat floats erratically, still tied to the pier underwater. A few feet away the hump of a leviathan emerges and tilts it over.

"Thankfully, it is a rather large lake, but the amount of water disgorged by your fall is vast."

Anzaril points her finger towards the actual lake. her finger pointed towards a wet wall filled with kelp and other aquatic plants and flowers. The depth is about forty feet before the water takes place.

"All that area used to be covered in water. Can you refill it?"

@Xander: Bandobras starts leaving the tavern when you ask him about this mystery mission of his. The Elusive Zephyr turns around.

"This is no amusement, I assure you. I came here, as I said earlier, to resupply. There is something happening on the other side of Oerth, and I am needed there. Old friends who need help. I can fill all of you in on the details, but I'd like to have you all together. That way, all information is delivered at once and there are no misunderstandings. I hope you can help me, because I am having trouble with this situation."

Bandobras leaves the Wench and you hear his footsteps no more.

You contact Anzaril.

Xander, dear! Tarith? Yes, he arrived. Safely would not be the best way to put it. The little miscreant crashed through the canopy like a falling star and created a big deluge. My grove is flooded and Dantie and him had a rather heated argument over... church morals? I have seen the dress. Wait until the wedding... Regarding the Font of Life, I do not know how to return the water into the lake. The leviathans are going to get hungry soon and eat at the trees- specifically the tree where Rosalind lives if they aren't returned to the lake proper. You wouldn't have a way to regress all the water inside?

Amphetryon
2013-01-06, 05:42 PM
'Leads to dying utterances, voices in my head. . . what next along this path?'

Dimbur nods to Bandobras, hoists the mug to Xander, and says solemnly, 'To Silaqui, wherever her gods may have her. May the couatls fly high.' He then upends the tankard into his mouth, quaffing its entire contents messily.

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 06:06 PM
@Dimbur: You raise your mug, filled to the brim and with the froth showering your gauntlet and make the toast before downing the ale in one swift gulp and making it known to Otis what a fine ale he has by belching loudly in gratitude.

Bandobras lifts an eyebrow.

"Couatls? The big feathered serpents? I remember those, during my travels. But those are far away from Justcrown..."

Bandobras looks at the ceiling as he tilts his chair back, trying to remember something.

"A good sort, but too rigid, despite their form. They never let me come into their valley. And I tried, once. I had assumed they had treasure in there, but never could get close enough to find any. One of them, a very old one, even told me to stay away, for my own good. It's one of those things I have in my agenda. Maybe later. You know them?"

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 09:33 PM
Poor kitten. I imagine he has had enough of water for one day
Tarith wrings out one of his pockets as best he can, and places the kitten into it, patting it occasionally to reassure it.

"Hm... I can use my bags of holding to move the water, although it will take some time. I also have a decanter of endless ale that could be used to refill the lake. Unfortunately, before I use the bags to move the water, I will need to dump out the contents, which currently include the corpses of 5 bandits that tried to rob me near here. Which solution would you prefer? And why is there a wall in the lake in the first place?"

NathanB1486
2013-01-06, 09:34 PM
Very well, I will wait until the wedding to hear your tale, I do hope I will be able to aid you. Until then, I wish you well Bandobras.

To Anzaril.
A falling star? So that must be the after effects of Bandobras' method of transporting people. Dantie was raised in the church, and believes the human pantheon, and their churches to be the ultimate authority. Tarith on the other hand, seems to have to have little regard for the gods, and even less for the laws of man. As to returning the water to its proper place, I can think of two ideas, we can use magic to dig trenches and allow the water to return gradually, that or there is a spell I know of that allows you to control water, one that while more difficult for wizards and other arcane casters to perform, I believe it comes much more naturally to druids, and other such divine casters. Perhaps if you contacted the groves they could aid in restoring your grove, Dantie may even be able to assist.

Before going to bed for the night Xander casts Contingency+Celerity on himself.

The two spells I thought about to try fixing the water problem.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Control_Water
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Move_Earth

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 09:46 PM
As Dantie gets to the top of the tree house and hears that the eels may get hungry he quickly heads back down the ladder and runs past Tarith and Anzrail and casts two spells to help with the water situation. Once done there is 56 more gallons of water then there previously was inside the lake.

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 10:10 PM
@Dantie: You climb down the tree house and focus your holy symbol towards the lake, asking Pelor to create water where none was before. Like a heavy rain, gallons upon gallon of water fall on the lake, filling it up tremendously, but not completely. Anzaril turns to look at you.

"Nice job, Dantie. Now if we could just move this water into the lake..."

@Tarith: You propose a few practical solutions to filling up Anzaril's lake as you finish drying up the kitten. The glaistig is shocked.

"Tarith, isn't that your friend's decanter of alcohol? There is no way I'm having ale dumped into the Font of Life. As for the bodies..."

Anzaril claps her hands twice and two shapes swim towards her as fins emerge from the lake.

"They usually feed on fish, but these will do to keep them satisfied and away from the shore while they digest."

As to your question on the wall.

"It is the natural wall of the lake, which continues going down to the depths. There are no constructions here, unless you count my abode, but that is farther in."

@Xander: Yes, I had gathered Tarith to be defiant of pretty much everything, even the divine. So this Bandobras, who is he? Never mind, you'll have a chance to tell me face to face. Regarding the covens... I doubt they would come and assist. Nor do I require their help. I will find a way to fix what Tarith has done. I hope you are enjoying the city, dear. Please do come as quickly as you can.

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 10:19 PM
"It would probably be entertaining to watch the effect on the fish, though. It would not be every day that you see drunk fish, after all."

As the fish swim up, Tarith dumps the bodies out of his bag of holding, allowing the fish to gobble them down.

After considering for a moment, Tarith sighs, and starts transferring the water from the grove to the lake using his bags of holding.

(180 cubic feet of water moved at a time, 1335.6 gallons moved)

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 10:23 PM
As Dantie uses his only two spells the could assist for the day he looks to her. If I knew we were to have need of the spells I have a few that could do what is required, but sadly I am I'll prepared for such. If those bodies will hold them over until tomorrow morning I should have the spells necessary to fix your problem. but while we are here and I do have the spell available would you like a few walls? I could create say a vault room for you or a room where you can entertain guests in the privacy of your own home. Dantie says trying to be helpful with what he has available.

AlanBruce
2013-01-06, 11:26 PM
@Tarith: You turn your bag upside down and squeeze the contents out. First plops the hobgoblin. Followed by a few more plops into the water related to the bugbears.

"Tarith, where did you..."

You squeeze the bag hard enough and with a large plop, drops the ogre. As all float in the water around you, the shadows swim up to them and snatch the ogre first, staining the water around you red. Next come the goblinoids, each disappearing under the water as the red trail goes off deeper into the lake.

"I usually eat my food on the spot, but it would seem you like to save them for later.", Anzaril smiles.

@Dantie: Once you have offered to build walls for her, the glaistig shrugs and smiles.

"Where would the walls go, Dantie? I live here alone..or, at least I used to. My home- where I sleep , is farther into the lake and far below the surface. I am not having guests unless they can breathe underwater or I lead them to it. Care to guess how many have asked to come visit me in my home?"

@The Party: Anzaril watches Tarith pocketing the water from the grove and dumping it into the lake. A small smile draws on her face. To think some hard work would be done by the child.

"No need to break your back, Tarith. I'm sure Xander will come up with something when he comes tomorrow. Go get some rest."

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 11:44 PM
"Anzaril, I found them about a mile from here, where they tried to ambush me. It was not a very good ambush though, since they tried the whole your money or your life thing first. I was planning on... disposing of them at a later time. Sadly, rest is not really going to help me recover from these burns. At least I learned long ago to work through the pain as needed. I think I will take a brief walk around the area, to figure out how much water escaped, before I find somewhere to sleep. Besides, while I can move through the pain, sleeping is a different story, sadly."

Tarith, after emptying his bags of water, packs them into his bag, and heads out of the water, intending to do a circuit of the area around the new lake

[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

dantiesilva
2013-01-06, 11:45 PM
As Anzrail explains to Dantie that she would have no need for walls Dantie realizes how true the statement is. I would guess Xander if not for the fact he slept under the stone tent I made him last night. Dantie says to her. Sorry about that, did not know why walls would help underground, though perhaps I could try to make a barrier, that way incase someone comes crashing in again all the water will not leave. Dantie says thinking about making a small lip, maybe a foot off the ground that curves in just enough where it would repel most of the water if it were to have another tidal wave.

AlanBruce
2013-01-07, 01:03 AM
@Dantie: Anzaril nods to your assessment.

"This new body of water...could it be diverted back?"

Anzaril paces her hands on the water and makes a funnel shape.

"If enough of the water level can be reduced and since we are on a hill, couldn't the remaining water be redirected back to the lake? You did mention walls. Perhaps using them as a guide or dam?"

@Tarith: You decide to patrol the area, in case someone got wind of your arrival.

You look up the trees, through the canopy, squint your eyes to get a good view across the lake, in case anyone could be swimming, but can find nothing.

Unimpressive... shall I melt him?

Too risky. He's too close to Dantie and that fey. I did expect someone a tad more... apt.

One is missing. Let us make sure the magus is somewhere we can control and monitor. I assume you all have your targets?

Archmage1
2013-01-07, 07:39 AM
Not knowing of any source of danger, Tarith once again sets up his home-made hammock, climbs a tree, and tries to go to sleep, tossing and turning all night long.

dantiesilva
2013-01-07, 08:46 AM
We could try, though once the wall goes up my control of it ends their. I can not force it to move for me. Dantie says to her kindly. Why don't we all get some rest. We will need it for the morning. He asks saying it is now starting to get dark out.

NathanB1486
2013-01-07, 10:31 AM
To Anzaril.
I will ask my colleague Silas if he has any ideas that may help us remedy your problem before I return in the morning, I expect to return a little after breakfast time, Have Tarith and Dantie cooled off yet?

Once Otis informs Xander the rooms are ready, Xander retires to his room for the night, spending his free hours working on his scroll.

Amphetryon
2013-01-07, 12:57 PM
'Know them? No, not really. Not now, anyway. Years ago, I did; my mentor tied my teachings to the favor of the winged serpents. I would love to curry their favor again, but it has been many years since I last gazed upon their hidden valley.'

AlanBruce
2013-01-07, 03:29 PM
Dantie: Anzaril looks at the still flooded grove and starts walking towards the lake.

"You may be right, Dantie. There is much of this new magic I do not understand."

Anzaril looks up to the hole made by Tarith and the skies have gone dark with the stars twinkling off in the distance. The entire Font has taken to a blue silver color as the moonlight seeps in through the canopy.

"It is late. I will return to my domain. There should be no danger here. especially with Tarith having taken care of the brigands out in the woods. Good night"

Anzaril disappears under the water.

You climb up the tree house and Rosalind has been most efficient tucking the mattress into the wooden bed frame. She is putting the sheets in. A few of her furniture is still packed in the dining room/living room. Nothing an extra day may not accomplish.

"So Tarith is alive. I ought to be mad. However, I am not. Let us hope he doesn't get into further trouble. He does look badly bruised and burned."

Rosalind finishes making the bed and unmakes it again, jumping in and patting the much softer mattress.

"Get off that armor, Iron Man. No monsters to slay tonight!"

@Tarith: You realize there is no peril in the Font of Life. As such, you climb up a tree and squeeze the water off your cloak. The dampness in your clothes and the decreasing temperature certainly evoke the nights at The Wench, when Otis would light up the fireplace and some bard would start telling tales by the fire. A perfect place for Oliver and the other Ravens to practice their pickpocketing skills. You shiver as you tuck the cloak around your body and your eyelids start getting heavy. A strange day. Hopefully they'll be normal... for at least awhile.

@Xander: As the patrons begin to come into the place. Otis begins lighting up the candles. Anzaril relays to you.

They have, surprisingly. I even suggested they resolve their differences on a dry patch at the entrance to the Font. Since words were getting them nowhere. Then, they decided to assist me with bringing the water back to the lake. Last I saw before going back underwater, Dantie was climbing the tree house with Rosalind and Tarith took off into a tree and made a hammock to sleep the night. You'll be here tomorrow after breakfast? Splendid! If you could bring something to move the water faster, I would be most grateful, dear.

@Dimbur: Bandobras listens to your tale regarding the Couatls.

"I would've loved to go into the valley in the first place. Odd... I can usually get in unnoticed. Something about that place... kept me out. Not to mention the couatls themselves. I had heard they can teach their secret arts to those willing and deserving. They must've been duped, since I saw one of them many years ago...and she wasn't deserving at all."

Bandobras sees the candles being lit around and shakes.

"Deja Vu...well, gentlemen. It's getting late. I must be off. I hope the winds carry me quick where I am needed. See you fine folk in a week."

@Xander & Dimbur: Otis walks up to the table.

"The rooms are ready, unless you'd like to get another round? Maybe dinner?"

Archmage1
2013-01-07, 07:39 PM
After a rather restless night, Tarith gets up, and slowly packs up his hammock, moving stiffly, and with great pain. He then climbs down from his tree, and looks around.
I suppose I should help with the water thing... at least for a bit. Arrallae might show up, and be willing to heal me a bit. But first...

Tarith pulls out some of the meat, and fills the kitten's water bowl, and lets it eat, then he plays with is for a few minutes.
Then, sadly for the kitten, play time ended, and Tarith picks it up, and places the kitten back in his pocket.
He then goes and spends a few hours transporting water with his bags.
(figure something will happen in that time...)

AlanBruce
2013-01-07, 08:05 PM
@Dantie: The night goes by unbothered by the events the day prior. Rosalind wakes up and changes to her regular clothes while folding her night gown and kneeling by the window for morning prayer.

"I'm starving! Do we have anything to cook here? Maybe Tarith might want to join us."

You look out the window and sure enough, you catch the spellthief playing with the kitten and then puling water out of the new lake back into the old one.

@Tarith: The kitten hungrily nibbles on the dried meat and laps at the water from the lake, ever careful not to get wet. It meows in dioscontent as you carry him by the back of the neck and place him on the bag, popping its head and paws out as he watches you undertake the titanic job of moving water from one lake to another.

Then, you hear the splooshing sounds of water not too far away. You see Uwellyn and Gigglemug have entered the Font of Life. The elder dryad bows to you from a distance as the pixie waves.

Uwellyn stands at a point until she is waist deep in water.

"Sister! We need to talk!"

The waters of the lake begin to stir as Anzaril rises from the depths. Her expression is blank as she walks towards the dryad.

"Come to dispense judgement on my lifestyle, Uwellyn? Or have you heard of my lake's current state of disrepair and have brought the pixie to aid you in some early morning jests?"

@Xander & Dimbur: You wake up to the smell of fried bacon and eggs on the floor below.

As you walk downstairs, A few patrons have sat down for breakfast, as well as the Ravens. Basil devours his plate and almost chokes before downing a picther full of milk. Otis walks up to you with a few plates on his hands.

"Good morning, masters! Care for some food? It's included in your stay."

Outside the Wench, away from prying eyes...

So that's where he was. The magus. Who is the other one?

I know him... an aspiring servant to those feathered worms. Minor nuissance. If he is smart, he will not tag along with our prey.

Who knows. Maybe we can get an extra bonus for his head.

Archmage1
2013-01-07, 08:14 PM
"Anzaril, she might be able to help you. It does not make sense to aggravate Uwellyn at this time. However, Uwellyn, what brings you here? Are you going to help move this water? Any such help would be appreciated. Alternatively, can you do anything about these burns?"

Hopefully, she can do both. Then I can get back to wandering

AlanBruce
2013-01-07, 08:29 PM
@Tarith: Uwellyn turns to look at you.

"Greetings, Tarith. Gigglemug told me there will be a wedding in the woods. Dantie will be marrying here and, most importantly, Arrallae will be presiding. I was also told I am a guest to this event. Something I am most grateful for."

Uwellyn turns to Anzaril.

"I have come to seek a truce, sister. Not only because you are a Guardian now, but because word has spread through the forest you have abandoned the ways of your Court..."

Anzaril laughs.

"Sister, I appreciate you coming all the way here to say these kind words. Know this, my Court, as you so aptly call it, is not something I can leave, or ever will leave. I am, however, Arrallae's Guardian. So rest easy, your forest is safe from my depredations."

Uwellyn bows. She knows talking to Anzaril in these manners has rarely proved fruitful, but at least she's not jumping at her neck, so that is a sign. The dryad turns to look at you.

"You do seem hurt. I can use some of the powers of the forest to heal you. It won't be much, but it will leave you in a better state than you are now."

Uwellyn takes your hand and presses it against her ow. She closes her eyes and a faint green glow emanates from her chest and unto yours.

Cure Serious Wounds [roll0]

"I am certain Dantie xcan provide better healing than I. Anzaril, thank you for granting me this audience. As for your lake, I can have the Covens come over and help move the water. It is your domain, so it is your call, sister."

Archmage1
2013-01-07, 08:39 PM
"Thank you Uwellyn. That makes the burns a lot less painful. Sadly, I doubt Dantie is going to be willing to heal me. However, thank you for your kind offer as well. I am sure Anzaril would appreciate it. What difference does your court make? I found bandits here, who tried to kill me, not a mile from this lake. I imagine that there are other groups as well. Working together to make this forest a safe place is in both your interests. Why not do so?"

If I can get her to move the water, I don't need to, and if I can persuade them to work together, I can probably use them to locate the bandit groups, and allow me to... liberate their goods. Plus, it lets me look like a hero for Dantie, which will no doubt persuade him to help me if I need it

AlanBruce
2013-01-07, 10:08 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril crosses her arms and looks at Uwellyn.

"If you wish to help, you are more than welcome. I will ask that once you are done, that you return to your Coven, sister. I was assigned this lake and I intend to keep it that way..."

Anzaril looks to the tree house.

"Save for a few exceptions."

Uwellyn bows and leaves with Gigglemug behind. You can hear her mutter under her breath.

"She will never change..."

dantiesilva
2013-01-07, 11:38 PM
As morning comes and the nights chill is washed away by the warmth of the morning sun Dantie awakes to see Rosalind already in prayer in her normal clothing. It seems you woke up before me today, though I myself should not have slept in. We have a lot of work to do today. Dantie says as he kneels beside her and joins her in prayer, asking for Tarith to see the errors of his ways.

Once prayer is done and Rosalind makes it clear she is hungry Dantie looks out the window to the woods. I'm sure given enough time I could find a suitable meal, but on such notice I normally keep this spell prepared. Dantie says before casting Heroes feast at the dining room table. Sure it was not the best, but for a drunk it was mighty fine craftsmanship. And would have to do. I'll go get Tarith and whoever else is hanging around. You start eating. Dantie says, kissing her forehead before going to the balcony where the rope ladder to the ground is. From his vantage point he can see Tarith playing with the kitten and then going to work trying to put all the water back in the grove. Tarith..... Dantie calls out before he hears a voice he has not heard since he had entered the fey woods only days prior. Uwellyn it is a pleasant surprise to see you, and yes I would happily enjoy the fey attending the wedding. It would not be grand without them. As for the wording of what was said to you, it may not have come out correctly when I spoke to Glimmermug. I stated her hunger was under control, not that she would fight her own nature. I am sorry if it caused a misconception. Dantie says to all present hoping to avoid all arguments.

As the "pleasantries" are passed back and forth between the two fey Dantie is only happy that it has not come to blows thus far and once all present are done talking Dantie calls down from where he stands in the tree house. Anzrial Uwellyn I believe I can fix the problem of the water. And with that Dantie holds out his holy symbol trying to focus and push all the water back into the main lake that is the Font of Life where the Morninstar bathed. Once finished Dantie calls down to all still present. Breakfast is ready to all those who want a good meal. And with that goes inside the house and sits by Rosalind's side to eat.

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 03:15 AM
@Dantie: From the safety of your window, you cast a spell to push back the water, invoking Pelor's mighty arm to do so. Much of the water has moved. A significant amount. all it would take is perhaps a few castings and the grove would be dry. Uwellyn bows to you.

"Thank you, Dantie. And a good morning to you. I must sadly decline the offer. I have much to do in my Grove, even though Arrallae has purified it. Kazym's leprous hand can still be felt in the area and it is my duty as leader of the Coven to make sure all is cleansed."

Gigglemug waves at you.

"I'm sure it's a fine breakfast you have there- Honey baked acorns?"

@Tarith: The dryad and the pixie leave, watching Dantie recede most of the water.

"Courts matter not, sister. A mistake in my part. I am sure a day will come when both Courts find truce. Let us hope it is not under dire circumstances."

Anzaril smiles.

"Let us hope that is the case, sister. Until the wedding."

Rosalind pokes her head out of the window.

"Anzaril! Tarith! I'm sure you don't want to miss this! Dantie just cooked a meal fit for kings!"

Xander & Dimbur: You leave the Foaming wench not before getting a few good byes from the Ravens.

"Please tell T to come back and visit.", Oliver shakes both of your hands.

"Tell him I have learned how to absorb spells! It's amazing!" Cecile starts looking at some scrolls.

"Please take care of him. Oliver may be our leader, but it was Tarith who brought us together." Bill shakes both your hands.

"You never told me how you got into that knife fight, Dimbur." Basil looks at your scar with much interest.

A safe distance away, yet clearly out of view.

So, who gets the magus?

I heard he has a bunch of spells. I wonder if he can match my repertoire...BOOM! hehehehh

You can keep the magus. I'll take on the spellthief and the dwarf. One is a matter of contract. the other...just because.

Archmage1
2013-01-08, 07:40 AM
"Anzaril, looks like either Uwellyn or Dantie will be able to move the water much faster. That being said, I will go for a wander in the woods."

At Rosalind's invitation

"I would, but I have this thing that I need to do..."
Probably poisoned or something, to show me the way of the law...

Tarith heads out of sight of the others, and has a ration pack. Not exactly delicious, but it will keep him going.
After eating, he heads out into the forest, looking to see if there are more bandits wandering the area
[roll0] spot
[roll1] move silently

dantiesilva
2013-01-08, 08:51 AM
Once all have disspersed and most of the water is back in the font of life Dantie goes back into the house and eats the meal he has prepared. After an hour of eating and talking with whoever decides to join him Dantie heads down to the lake and uses some more of hi spell power to fill up the lake.

Create water x3 so78 gallons

Once finished Dantie mentally call to Xander. How was your night my friend? You missed breakfast. Did you learn anything new about this dwarf looking for Tarith? Is he trustworthy enough do you think?

NathanB1486
2013-01-08, 10:50 AM
Thank you for breakfast Otis, it was delicious.
Xander takes his food and sits near the the ravens, making small talk with them during his meal, after he is finished he exchanges goodbyes with the Ravens, and Otis.

Xander returns Oliver's handshake.
I will inform him of you wish to see him, no doubt if he chooses to he will have to do it in disguise, might I recommend meeting outside the city limits, for Tarith's health?
Xander looks to Cecile.
You can already absorb spells? Impressive, you seem to be a natural spellthief, I am sure Tarith will be both impressed, and proud.
Xander returns Bill's handshake.
I will do my best to keep Tarith safe, the amount of care you all have for him is truly admirable, He is a a lucky man to have so many cherished friends keeping him in their thoughts, I hope Olidammara smiles on you all, and keeps you safe.
Xander leaves the wench heading to Silas' shop with Dimbur.

To Dantie.
Last night was peaceful, I stayed at the wench, and ate breakfast this morning there, I am heading to Silas' shop quick and then intend on returning to the rest of you. As you the dwarf and his trustworthiness, he seems quite, and has kept mostly to himself, however I have seen no reason to believe he is working with Nerine and her group, as such I see no reason to not give him a chance. Speaking of Nerine, it has been quite some time since we have seen her, or any of her group, I wonder where they are off causing trouble at currently.

I spoke with Bandobras last night, he has a proposal for us at the wedding, it seems he is in need of our aid, unfortunately we must wait until the wedding to learn more details. DO you think it could be linked to another of the six? If so do you think Bandobras has any idea as to there true purpose?

dantiesilva
2013-01-08, 11:37 AM
If you think he is not a risk then bring him along with you so he may speak to Tarith. Hopefully he does not die like the last one to join our group. Dantie says speaking of the Suel archanmage. As for it having to deal with these 6 people who fell to earth, it seems he has thus far the most knowledge on them. He I am even beginning to think is one of them. If you could see what he did to the font of life just by sending Tarith here. It was devastating. It is one of the reasons why I invited him. to see if it triggers a memory from either him or Arrealle. I am also starting to think all these people are from ages past. After all remember the valley and the flashback. That was no coincidence. And saying those from the outer planes can not help us I have a feeling that it has something to do with the gods as well. After all Arralle is the morningstar of Pelor. That spoiled brat was defiantly throwing of powers of Nerul or Wee Jas. Perhaps our halfling friend is one of Youndallas or the thiefs flock. It would make sense. The fossil king being Mordrain, and the lord of flames being perhaps Obad Hai.

Amphetryon
2013-01-08, 11:47 AM
Dimbur looks sidelong at Basil.

"That's right, I didn't, Basil. I never said it was a knife fight, either, but if that's the way your imagination resolves my appearance the easiest, I'll not object to your continued belief in it."

With that, Dimbur makes a show of rummaging through his pack to indicate the matter is closed.

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 12:17 PM
@Dantie: You watch Uwellyn leave and Tarith follow sometime later out into the forest. The grove is still flooded, but the amount of water drained in just two days has been impressive. This should not take too long at all. Anzaril bows to your offer.

"Thank you, Dantie and Rosalind! I must, however, do some clean-up of my own underwater. Enjoy your breakfast."

Anzaril disappears beneath the lake.

Rosalind watches Tarith go.

"Why would he refuse the feast? He's usually not one to decline a good meal.. especially if it's free."

Rosalind resumes eating.

"So what plans for today? Do you need help moving the water?"

@Xander & Dimbur: Basil shakes both of your hands and shrugs at Dimbur's reply. He walks away and mumbles as he takes a seat.

"What else leaves a scar like that if not a knife fight?"

Both walk the streets of Justcrown. The sky is bright blue, but a chill can already be felt. Dimbur, you finally have a chance to pace yourself through the city.

Not much of a city, really. Not when compared to the true Dwarven cities below ground or even Halmathan. This could easily be a small district from your prior experiences in real cities. And to think they got all riled up over one small thief.

Both walk down the street and the common folk greet both- especially Xander. You gather he, like Dantie, must've gathered quite some notoriety in town. It would seem their deeds exceed the Cuthbertine affair.

Eventually, you reach a two story building from which several voices can be heard intoning the various spells you have heard arcanists employ. Xander opens the side door and you notice the building is a school of magic, as well as a shop. You Silas the wizard on the other side of the counter. He yells out to the area with the young apprentices.

"By Boccob's goatee! What have I told you Edward about using wands?!"

A young boy in robes puts a wand down and frowns as he starts taking notes from a book on his desk. Silas turns to both of you.

"Xander and Master Stonestaff! A pleasure to see you! Xander, old colleague. Anything I can help you with? Perhaps you, Master Dimbur. Any items of power you'd wish to add to your repertoire?"

@Tarith: Sonewhat healed by Uwellyn's powers, you take a cautious stroll rhrough the forest wirh the kitten chasing sone butterflies by your side. At times, it would seem the feline mimics your steps as you attempt to be as quiet as possible.

After a few hours, you realize the woods are calm... Too calm. The kitten hisses at the green path of woods, then sits down abd meows frustratingly before napping. A gentle breeze blows through the trees as a few sparrows fly off in the distance.

dantiesilva
2013-01-08, 05:41 PM
As Anzrail decline the offer to eat with us I nod my head in understanding. Alot of water had been lost, it was no surprise some of the things below could have been altered by such an event.

As Rosalind points out the obvious to me I only continue to eat as I reply. Tarith got in trouble yesterday, and got me in trouble as well. As such he is trying to avoid me, and that includes any magic of mine. that or he is off trying to get into trouble with the fey. He can not sit still for long. Its why I do not think he will ever die of old age. Dantie says knowing that if they do not succeed none of them will die of old age.

As I am asked about the plans for today I look around the house. Well we still need to finish getting the house ready. After that if you like we can go for a stroll in the woods. Not much really to do in the fey woods. All the undead that were here before have been destroyed. And though Tarith found one rouge band, I doubt more have since moved in.

Archmage1
2013-01-08, 05:45 PM
Something is out there. Probably, something that is not very friendly, seeing as all of the wildlife is gone, so a large predator. Or humanoids.

Tarith activates his ring, picks up the kitten, ignoring its protests, placing it safely in his pocket, before concealing himself in the darkness at the base of one of the nearby trees

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently
[roll3] spot
[roll2] Listen

NathanB1486
2013-01-08, 09:37 PM
Silas my friend, I have a few things I need pick up, and was wondering about making a modification to my staff. I also was wondering if you would be so willing to send a letter to Headmaster Terili for me?

The modification to the staff would be to add a wand slot to each end(300).
The items I am in need of would be to remedy a certain problem of mine, it seems I did not spend enough time practicing my aim in my youth, witch led to a rather unfortunate indecent in a recent spell duel where my lack of aim nearly resulted in a loss witch would have had dreadful results. Luckily magic can aid me once again. A wand of Truestrike(750) inserted into a slot on my staff should remedy the situation. I also need to pick up a metamagic wand grip(6000) for my current wand.
Do you also happen to have a Vest of Resistance +3, that I could replace my current lesser version with?(5000+trade in), it seems I will need to continue improving my defenses if I am to continue on this path to its end. (12050 total)

Also while I am here I wanted to make sure you knew about Dantie's upcoming wedding, if he had not given you a chance yet. At the end of the week he intends to be wed by Arrallae herself in her own rose garden, it promises to be an impressive evening given the guest list. I believe it would be a treat to have you and Stephan attend.

As to the letter, I lacked a proper way of sealing it, it explains a few of the recent events, you may read it if you wish, it should help fill you in as well, please seal it and send it to Terili once you are done.

To Dantie.
The six defiantly have planar connections, I am beginning to suspect the falling Arrallae mentioned may involve a falling from the planes to the prime material in some way. I am still not convinced they are connected to any specific deity as of yet, I am sending a letter to my University and am including a request to look for evidence regarding your theory. I do however agree I with your observation that Bandobras may be one of the six, it will be interesting to see Arrallae, and him interact.
I am at Silas' right now, and have extended a invitation to your wedding for Stephan and him, I hope you do not mind.

After completing his business in the shop, Xander looks to Dimbur
I am prepared to leave if you are.

Xander touches Dimbur's shoulder, and casts teleport, envisioning the tree house in the Font of Life. [roll0]

Letter will be sent Via PM, either later tonight or on my lunch break tomorrow, figured since it was a letter for a NPC it didn't need posted...also its not done yet. Sorry for lack of presence lately, just learned last night I may have to be out of my current place in a week, so been busy working at figuring things out.

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 09:42 PM
@Tarith: You scout the woods for awhile and then you find a small path of broken trees, heading away from the Lake, closer towards the city. You follow the path and find a most peculiar creature, yet not unique to your travels.

This one is a large tree. The plant seems to have brought itself to life and sentience, since it moves, albeit slowly and lashes about its surroundings.

Hide: [roll0]

Move Silently: [roll1]

Hide: [roll2]

Hide: [roll3]

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 10:12 PM
@Xander & Dimbur: Silas smiles as he hears your requests and jots them down.

"Hold on a moment..."

He takes your staff and sits down while working both ends.

"You certainly have had your share of travels, Xander. I thought I had it rough when I went down to Undermountain. That... didn't go so well, sadly. Master Stonestaff, if you are traveling with my colleague for an indeterminate time, I would strongly suggest you invest in your defenses. Xander may have some interesting tales to share with you about what he's been facing in the last week or so."

After about an hour, Silas tests both ends of the staff.

"The mechanic is similar to Tarith's daggers. All you need is to but wish for the power to channel through, and you will get the desired effect. Be mindful of the charges."

Silas looks at your vest. It has seen better days. Silas replaces it with a brand new one. The stitching on the vest is made of fine silver threads and the vest itself has symbols of protection etched into the fabric.

"This is a rare item. It should ward you quite well against any spell or attack of malicious intent."

At the mention of the wedding.

"Dantie did mention yesterday he was getting married. It is to the pelorite, Rosalind, right? He extended his invitation to Kalypsia as well. I would be honored to go, I will contact you the day of the wedding so you can tell me the exact location. I assume Wilhelm will be a guest as well? I will take Kalypsia, Stephan and Wilhelm with me. Thak Dantie for the invitation."

Upon your request for the letter, Silas takes it and nods.

"If anyone can be privy to these events, it would be Master Terili.I will have the letter delivered today. Hopefully it reaches the Academy in the following days. It should give us enough time to ascertain what is going on and prepare accordingly."

Once all purchases are done and the letter delivered. You place your hand on Dimbur's shoulder and shut your eyes, concentrating on the Font of Life and wishing for you and the dwarf to be there. The shop begins to shake as it discorporates and your body feels transcending. Before you have a chance to react, you find your self in the Font of Life. something is odd, though.

You are both knee deep in water.

It is as Dantie and Anzaril informed: the grove is flooded, but not as bad as they had let it known. the waters from the lake begin to bubble as Anzaril, the Lady of the Lake emerges with her lustrous raven hair and a smile on her face. The fey bows to you.

"Xander, my dear! You are back and... you brought company"

Poor creature. Have you taken to protect him? He seems to have been injured...badly.

Archmage1
2013-01-08, 10:43 PM
Another of these trees, like the Gnarled Shepherd? Aren't they supposed to be either good or uncaring? If it has gone insane, that would be one thing, but it seems to be flailing around blindly, so is there anything here to cause such flailing...

Tarith moves closer, activates his arcane sight, and re-activates his ring

[roll0]spot
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]move silently
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6] hide
[roll7] move silently

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 11:04 PM
@Tarith: You activate your arcane sight and scan your surroundings, as well as your ring, so as to start phasing in and out of the Ethereal. Interesting information is caught up by your swift divination.

This tree appears like those made by the Gnarled Shepherd. However, the creature radiates strong transmutation magic.

Someone else brought this tree to life and ordered it to go rampant.

Archmage1
2013-01-08, 11:07 PM
Interesting. an Animated tree, but where is the animator...

Tarith casts a silent image of himself walking into the clearing, gawking at the tree, but avoiding it's inevitable attack.

I would have sneak attacked it, and ended the enchantment, but no vinestrike, so not happening

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 11:22 PM
@Tarith: From your hiding spot, you create a mute image of yourself standing a few feet away from the tree. This Tarith silently scoffs the woodland brute and this one takes notice, moving in to squash the figment.

Attack: slam [roll0] damage [roll1] if struck, Will to disbelieve [roll2]

Spellcraft [roll3]

Spellcraft [roll4]

You do hear someone beyond the animated tree. Where this person is, whether a friend or foe, it is difficult to ascertain.

Archmage1
2013-01-08, 11:25 PM
The phantom Tarith, eyes wide in fear, tumbles past the tree(no AAO), and climbs deftly up a tree on the far side of the clearing.

Tarith, hearing someone, casts glitterdust in their general area, trying to reveal them.

NathanB1486
2013-01-08, 11:48 PM
He made quite a mess of things did he not...still it is not as bad as I had expected. Has Dantie been able to aid you in restoring your grove some I take it?
Xander motions to Dimbur.
This is Master Dimbur Stonestaff, he arrived recently in a most unusual manner, and is very interesting in speaking with Tarith about a past event.

To Anzaril.
I believe he is much stronger than he looks,I believe the past event would involve how he got the scare...I do hope Tarith did not give it to him...or steal from him...it would be rather troublesome if he were here for revenge..

Xander looks to Dimbur.
Dimbur, forgive me for prying, but Tarith did not wrong you in anyway did he?

Do we know Dimbur teleported here using the stone from Myriam?

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 12:15 AM
As I am working in the hosue with Rosalind, trying to get it all set up for the future I hear Xanders voice reply to me after a short time. “ A Falling from the planes to the prime? I do not believe I have ever heard of such an event ever happening. If it even could happen. A spell mishap maybe, but an actual fall….” I stop thinking to myself before replying, “ Xander it seems all of these 6 landed around the same time. 300 years ago. I think we should start looking in ancient arcane and religious texts about the events of the past. As well as the history books and once we narrow it down go to books about local areas. What do you think? As for the invitation that is perfectly fine, I was going to do so myself yesterday but we all got a bit side tracked by Tarith and his antics. Thank you for extending the invitation. Should we be expecting you back soon? Tarith went off exploring in the woods once again. “I finish waiting for my friend Xanders reply. With any luck we may be able to start piecing together this puzzle.

As Dantie feels the effects and power being drawn to a central area in the font of life he takes out his new blade and goes to the balcony. Never can be to safe after all. When he sees Xander knees deep in water, and the dwarf up to its chest I immediately relax and sheath the blade. “Rosalind and I are up here where its dry. Will be down in a minute.” I inform them before going to my soon to be wife and letting her know I will be going to talk to the others. And with that I leave the tree house to the watery floor which goes up just past my ankles.

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 01:03 AM
@Xander & Dimbur: Those present, which I believe included you, saw Dimbur teleport in the Cuthbertine temple. He has not yet revealed his connection to Myriam.

Anzaril nods to the dwarf.

"Welcome to The Font of Life, Dimbur Stonestaff. I am Anzaril, Lady of the Lake and its Guardian. I would invite you to take a swim, but it seems you already are."

Anzaril shakes her head at the mention of Dimbur having business with tarith.

"I really hope he has not mislead you, dwarf. Tarith has a silver tongue... dipped in poison. However, you are in very good company. Those in the tree house over there are friends with Xander, so you should be safe in here."

Regarding the lake's renovation.

"Indeed, Xander. One of my sisters, Uwellyn, has offered to help me move the water back to its rightful place. Dantie has done a great job so far."

If Dimbur's business with Tarith is of ill will, Xander. I will not hestitate to punish the little brat. He has everything going against him here.

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 10:52 AM
@Tarith

As you fire a charge from your wand at the voice you hear, but soon find your very spell coming directly back at you.

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll] 1d20+3[roll]

Amphetryon
2013-01-09, 12:35 PM
'Well met, Mistress Anzaril. I promise you I did not intend to sully your lake with my boots, though that seems to be of small concern right now. Thank you for the assurances of welcome, which seem few and far between in these days.'

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 01:40 PM
@Dimbur: Anzaril smiles at you. You can swear you see fangs on the woman. Short enough to not be beastly, but long enough to arouse suspicion.

"You sully nothing, Master Stonestaff. Normally, I would not have that many people here- actually, none at all. In the last few days, Xander and his companions have changed that. And, in a way, I am grateful."

Anzaril turns to look at the lake, comparing it to the body of water still left on the grove. Then she turns to look at you.

"If I may inquire...what brings you all the way here. And specifically searching for Tarith Spellbane?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 02:47 PM
@Tarith: You unravel the scroll purchased some time ago and direct your view behind the raging treant, hoping to reveal the foe. If your plan works, it may be Nerine, and her ability to hide will be terribly hampered.

Then, a surge of power hits your body. It is not affecting you, but it targets your possessions. Your daggers, belt, ring, cloak. Everything of a magical nature is being wrapped in a green aura. As you look up to the sky, you see over a hundred feet above you a giant clad in armor. He looks much like an ogre, but with a more devilish appearance and blue skin. The creature has its gauntlet directed at you.

Targeted Dispel magic (at items)

Cloak [roll0] if successful, suppressed for [roll1] rounds

Belt [roll2] if successful, suppressed for [roll3] rounds

Haversack [roll4] if successful, suppressed for [roll5] rounds

Bag (and I assume most of the other magical items are in the bag) [roll6] if successful, suppressed for [roll7] rounds

Ring of Blink [roll8] if successful, suppressed for [roll9] rounds

Ring of Sustenance [roll10] if successful, suppressed for [roll11] rounds

Anklets [roll12] if successful, suppressed for [roll13] rounds

Breastplate [roll14] if successful, suppressed for [roll15] rounds

Dagger (left hand) [roll16] if successful, suppressed for [roll17] rounds

Dagger (right hand) [roll18] if successful, suppressed for [roll19] rounds

Crossbow [roll20] if successful, suppressed for [roll21] rounds

If there are other items, please let me know.

The blue skinned giant looks down upon you as the effects of his magic take place.

"Too easy."

NathanB1486
2013-01-09, 05:02 PM
Uwellyn has offered her help? That is excellent news, with her and Dantie, your grove should be restored in no time...still this much damage was caused but Bandobras, and he was only attempting to transport Tarith here...to think if he actually wished to cause harm.

I only hope I did not inadvertently bring more trouble to your domain, it occurred to me to late that I should have learned more of why the dwarf wished to speak with Tarith before bringing him here with me. I hope their meeting does not end in a unnecessary conflict.

@Alan Thanks, will look forward to the reply, hopefully Terili can be of help.

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 05:17 PM
@Xander: "Surprisingly, yes. Maybe that little pixie had something to do in her causing to have a change of heart. She may return later to help with this flooding of my lake. Regarding this...Bandobras. If he was helping Tarith, I would have a word with him regarding where he chooses to help. That hole left on the canopy will take some time to recover."

If Dimbur is here for a vendetta, Xander. We must be prepared to avoid further bloodshed. Normally, I would allow Tarith to get his deserved reward for his actions. Sadly, he is one of Arrallae's Guardians. As such, we should be ready to incapacitate him in some way. Reason why I attempted to turn him into a rat yesterday. We shall see how this develops in the passing hours. Where is that little hooligan, anyway? Can you reach him in some manner?

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 05:56 PM
@ Tarith

As you read from your scroll you watch its effects take hold and a little ways behind the tree you see a short figure that is very stout. What in the bloody ell is this. Dam mage. is all you hear as you see something start walking towards you not to happily. I was going to leave you alone, but looks like the fun starts early. And with that being said the small creature takes on a fighting stance, its outline glowing revealing what appears to be an axe in his hands.

Initiative [roll0]

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 06:01 PM
As Dantie finally gets down to the ground level he walks over to the others. Good day master stonestaff. I must ask do you come with news from tradik? He sent a message to myself not that long ago. If not I must ask why you have come here looking for our friend? Xander says you mean no harm and that you are kind hearted, but if you would allow me to cast a few spells and learn the truth for sure it would be greatly appreciated. I hope you understand but we have not been having the most pleasant times these past few weeks. Dantie says to the dwarf hoping he is not offended by the request.

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 06:10 PM
@Tarith: The giant is a hundred feet in the air and 60 feet back from you, towards the dwarf. The dwarf is on the ground, sixty feet away.

Initiative:

Alynnis: [roll0]

Hibagon: [roll1]

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 06:22 PM
Tarith casts haste, and then seems to vanish.

move behind a tree, then hide
hide
[roll[1d20+24 move silently

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 06:38 PM
@Tarith: You are about to cast the spell when a barrage of light hits you on the chest from above.

Readied Action: Force Missile [roll0] roll concentration check to activate spell.

You watch a few hundred feet away a in the sky a bald creature. Maybe an angel due to its feathered wings. These, however, are multicolored and its head sports glowing symbols that orbit around her head.

The giant disappears from sight.

The winged caster looks down below.

"He's all yours, Dekvi. Happy hunting..."

The winged creature recedes into the canopy.

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 06:45 PM
[roll0] absorb check, vs 11+cl(9-13)
if fails[roll1] vs 21

The spell strikes Tarith, but instead of it detonating, it seems to pass harmlessly into him.

CL of the spell is?

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 06:57 PM
both of you stop it and just light the bugger up so he can't do no more of that hiding you hear. I'll take care of the rest. says the short glowing thing as it moves 10ft forward in your direction. Come out you coward. I need to get the rust of me axe. And your skull is looking like the perfect target. it says as it looks around scanning for you.

Spot [roll0] Listen [roll1]

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 07:17 PM
@Tarith: The winged creature flies towards the canopy.

"I have more interesting prey. He's all yours, dwarf."

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 07:19 PM
As the others fly away The dwarf which has been revealed to you as its race looks around in a big circle. Well its just you and me now boy. Care to try your hand at me or are you going to suck from your mothers ..... I don't have all day you know. Lets get on with this.

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 07:20 PM
I think it is Tarith's Turn
Tarith throws a pair of daggers at the dwarf, which seem to vanish, before Tarith throws them again, and again. Tarith then rotates around the tree, getting out of sight once more

2 rounds left on suppressed blink, 12 on haste

Attack is vs flat footed ac, as surprise is awesome like that

[roll0] [roll1] dam [roll2] magebane [roll3] SA.
Attempt to steal a spell. if successful, know the spell list, and I have the chance to adjust my later rolls.(namely, I can steal more spells)
[roll4] [roll5] dam [roll6] magebane [roll7] SA.
[roll8] [roll9] dam [roll10] magebane [roll11] SA.

[roll12] [roll13] dam [roll14] magebane [roll15] SA.
[roll16] [roll17] dam [roll18] magebane [roll19] SA.

[roll20] [roll21] dam [roll22] magebane [roll23] SA.

Range penalty is a -3, already applied.

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 07:35 PM
[roll0] [roll1] Also tarith not that it matters but how is it against flat footed?

As you throw your daggers at the figure you watch as all of them seem to bounce of him, as if you were throwing pebbles. Come on now boy that can not be the best you.. Thats when he gets hit by two of your blades. So you do got some luck mage, thats all you got. Now stop being a coward and face me or I'll go after Xander instead. The dwarf says you moving 10 more feet towards you.

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 07:59 PM
Once more, Tarith launches a volley of daggers at the dwarf, before hiding again. He remains silent throughout the attack

Courtesy of hide, still no dex to ac.
1 round of blink suppression remains
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16] [roll17]

crit confirms, if needed
[roll18] [roll19] [roll20]
[roll21] [roll22] [roll23]

[roll24] hide
[roll25] move silently

NathanB1486
2013-01-09, 08:08 PM
If she returns to grant further aid, perhaps she can help heal the canopy, I know druidic magic is capable of enticing plants to grow at a increased rate. Regarding Bandobras, I believe he intends on attending the wedding, you should have a opportunity to speak with him then, however if the waters in your lake did not cushion Tarith's fall I fear there would be little left of the boy.

With all of us gathered, I believe we can find a way to subdue him if the need arises. I only hope this is not some past trouble following Tarith, I have known him but a short time, and his ability to get into trouble seems boundless. As to Tarith's location at the moment, I just arrived, and have not seen him yet, and unfortunately you and Dantie are the only two I have the ability to mentally communicate with at all times, I should prioritize establishing a permanent connection with him, I keep finding myself needing to communicate with him, and can rarely find the boy.

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 08:10 PM

Elsewhere in the Fey Woods...

Alynnis lands and looks up at the sun as her feathers catch the light rays.

"I swear... had I known I'd turn into a circus freak by following those frauds."

Hibagon rests his bulk against a tree and takes out a ledger.

"Well.. that's one we can cross out from the list. He should be able to handle that boy."

Alynnis walks up to the ogre mage.

"And if he cannot?"

Hibagon grows somber as sweat trickles down his blue brow.

"Then we have to report to Valtalis...but that will not be an issue."

The ilumian smiles as she walks away from him.

"I hope it isn't, ogre. I recall you are in command of this operation. I wonder what the elf would do to the one responsible for a failed job."

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 08:31 PM
@Xander: Anzaril looks at the hole on the canopy.

"Yes. Uwellyn and the others may be able to stitch back what was undone. I do hope they arrive quickly. Especially before Arrallae decides to take a walk. I would hate for her to watch the Font of Life looking like this..."

Anzaril looks at the water and turns to look at you.

"I'll be right back."

The Glaistig goes flashes in white light and disappears, only to reappear again. She takes out a kelp covered sphere.

"I use this to watch who comes into my grove. Perhaps you can locate Tarith this way. just focus on his image and send him a message. if he is close by, in the Woods, you should find him."

NathanB1486
2013-01-09, 09:07 PM
Your abilities never cease to impress me, did you craft this yourself?
Xander takes the sphere, briefly inspecting it before focusing his mind on a image of Tarith, willing the orb to send his message.

Tarith, I have returned to the Font, and brought with me a guest who wishes to see you, the dwarf from Justcrown. I understand Bandobras sent you to to the Font, and caused all this damage, are you well? Also...where are you, and would you kindly return to us?

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 09:09 PM
Alas, I ran into a blue giant, a dwarf, and some sort of winged thing with glowing symbols around her head. The Giant and winged thing left. The Dwarf is currently trying to kill me. I am nearby, but don't go alone. They use invisibility, and are decently powerful.

Tarith "shows" Xander the way there

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 10:07 PM
Three attacks get through AC so need to roll to see if your SA works. 1 [roll0] 2 [roll1] 3 [roll2]

Once again you launch your daggers, and once again they seem ineffective. Though one more gets a knick into the armor. I can do this all day boy. You think your little knifes can hurt me? The dwarfs says once more heading 10ft towards you.

Have you been moving each round? If so how many feet? After all he has moved 40ft. Now which brings him 20ft away from where you orginally were.

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 10:22 PM
Tarith has been taking a 5 foot step, just enough to keep out of sight.
Of course, blink is back online, so no more worries about that...

Once more, a volley of daggers strikes from nowhere, slamming themselves into the Dwarf's Armor. However, this time, Tarith steps into the open, sadly, the dwarf still can't see him

[roll0] dam[roll1] sa[roll2] miss[roll3] fortification[roll4]
[roll5] dam[roll6] sa[roll7] miss[roll8] fortification[roll9]
[roll10] dam[roll11] sa[roll12] miss[roll13] fortification[roll14]
[roll15] dam[roll16] sa[roll17] miss[roll18] fortification[roll29]
[roll20] dam[roll21] sa[roll22] miss[roll23] fortification[roll24]
[roll25] dam[roll26] sa[roll27] miss[roll28] fortification[roll19]

[roll30] hide

[roll31] move silently

21 damage by my calculations. Dr results in either more, or less.

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 10:28 PM
1 [roll0] 2 [roll1] 3 [roll2] Correction you did the rolls for me thank you. Though the result is still the same.

As you let your daggers fly once more you notice that unlike normal one of your daggers bites in this time. Cat and mouse cat and mouse. You really think these puny little things are going to end up killing me. My wifes cooking be worse then them blades of yours. The dwarf laughs as he watches you come out into the open. Stupid mage, thinking he has one up on me. The dwarfs says to himself as he merely stands their preparing for your next attack.

Total defense (+4to AC and +2 to ref save)

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 10:33 PM
Assuming the dwarf does not have a magical means of transport, he has lost this fight. he can't detect Tarith, and Tarith is just going to keep on turning him into a pincushion
[spoiler]

Tarith launches another volley of daggers at the dwarf, and moves 5 feet, once again vanishing from the sight of the dwarf

[spoiler]
[roll0] [roll1] Miss: [roll2] Fortification: [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5] Miss: [roll6] Fortification: [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9] Miss: [roll10] Fortification: [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13] Miss: [roll14] Fortification: [roll15]
[roll16] [roll17] Miss: [roll18] Fortification: [roll19]
[roll20] [roll21] Miss: [roll22] Fortification: [roll23]

[roll24] [roll25] Miss: [roll26] Fortification: [roll27]
[roll28] [roll29] Miss: [roll30] Fortification: [roll31]

[roll32] hide
[roll33] move silently

dantiesilva
2013-01-09, 10:45 PM
As You throw your daggers you see that this time he was waiting for them and watch how all but two bounce of. Coward I am done with you, perhaps your friend Xander will be more fun. The dwarf says to you before pulling out a scroll much like the one that was on Varien and you watch as in a blue plume he disappears.

Back at the ward. Master it is not my fault, that coward would not fight me. Instead he hid like a little dog. If you could find a place where he could not run and hide perhaps at this wedding? the dwarfs asks, almost begging to be spared from his punishment.

Archmage1
2013-01-09, 10:53 PM
Pathetic. So slow. Did he really think that he could actually fight like that? Anyway, time for me to head back and warn the others about these three idiots.

Tarith searches the immediate area, before heading back to the lake, the Dwarf's blood still dripping from his daggers

31 search
34 hide
34 move silently

AlanBruce
2013-01-09, 11:58 PM

Meanwhile, in the Ward...

Dekvi walks down a hallway with statues of the greatest assassins this organization has ever employed and had under their belt. The dwarf sighs as he straightens up and knocks on a grand door with the Great Wheel etched on it before pushing it slightly ajar and stepping inside.

Get OUT!

Dekvi closes the door, his eyes full of fear at what he saw. A few seconds later Valtalis comes out looking at the cut down dwarf.

"You never. And I mean never walk into my chambers like that. Do we understand, dwarfling?"

"Uh..y..yes, Master. I am sorry, master."

Valtalis walks down the hallway with the dwarf and both stop in front of a gigantic oval window, as tall as an oak, and just as wide. Debris floats outside as a silent thunderstorm illuminates the room.

"You have failed, Dekvi. How sad. I was certain you had ability. Promise. All you were tasked with was bringing down the boy. A human boy, no less. You knew his patterns of attack. You know what he can do. Nothing extraordinary. And yet, for all these shortcomings your opponent has... you present yourself to me drenched in blood- your own."

Valtalis is looking out the window as he speaks to the dwarf. never once deigning to face him in his sullied condition.

"Master... the boy is fast, but I can catch him. I really can! please give me another chance. I cannot fail."

Valtalis looks at him and smiles as lightning illuminates the room and gives the elf a fiendish shadow across his face.

"I know you won't, dwarfling...."

Dekvi smiles back and then widens his eyes in horror as Valtalis walks towards him.

The rest, being too horrible to tell.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 03:58 AM

Meanwhile, out at sea...

Ravenna walks towards the railing of the ship. The Griffin has been a solid vessel and with the mercenaries hired to be on board, a safe trip back to Halmathan.

The cleric takes in the sea breeze and looks at the sky.

I really hope Xander heeded my message...

Timothy, one of the passengers, walks up to her.

"Lady Ravenna. What do your predictions say for today? Are we to have a safe voyage?"

The aasimar looks out at sea. She has traveled for a long time. And seen many things. Telling the future, however, is not her stronghold.

"A calm voyage, Timothy. A calm voyage..."

Her words are interrupted as a lone seagull lands on the mast and squacks at the crew below. Timothy scratches his head.

"I am not a sailor, but aren't these birds supposed to be near land? We haven't seen port in days..."

Ravenna holds her holy symbol and looks at the bird.

"Captain Rowahk! The tribute!"

A dwarf steps out of the cabin. He smiles at both.

"Tribute for what, Ravenna? We have harpoons, swords, even your magic, Wanderer. I deemed it unnecessary to drop so much coin into sea for a folk tale."

Ravenna walks up to the dwarf.

"You imbecile! This is no folk tale! Why didn't you bring the chest aboard? Now we will...."

The seas become agitated as the seagull flies off and takes a dive into the water. Immediately afterwards, the ship finds itself caught in a maelstrom unlike any seen before. Lightning strike the main post as fire starts to catch on the ship, which is quickly extinguished by the falling water on the vessel. The men hold on to anything they can find sturdy as the Griffin is rocked about the whirlpool and mountains of coral jut from the sea, breaking the hull.

Where is my tribute???

A voice can be heard from the skies and the sea as the ship is tossed around in circles.

A few sailors have fallen to their knees in prayer. Others are barely managing to hold on to the ropes. Ravenna manages to maintain her balance and walks towards the front of the ship, facing the whirlpool's wall of water.

"Zyanya! My apologies. Your tribute was used in land for selfish causes! We ought to know better! Spare these misguided folk and I will gladly offer myself!"

Tentacles begin to appear from different sides of the whirlpool, holding tight to the ship and some crew men. Timothy hides behind a barrel.

"Not fair. I was just out of a haunted town! Give me a break!"

A silhouette makes itself known through the whirlpool. Impossible to determine what it is, or what size, but it is there, undulating beyond sight.

You know my name? None do.... not unless I wish them to know. Very well, aasimar. You have done something remotely interesting. Your ship is spared. If they can reach land, I would be most impressed. You, however..."

A tentacle juts forth from the water and wraps itself around Ravenna. The aasimar turns to look at Timothy.

"Remember what we spoke about. Xander...tell him everything!"

Ravenna the Wanderer is dragged into the depths of the ocean by a black tentacle as the ship is raised from its perilous situation. The skies clear and, although the vessel has sustained heavy damage, the crew of the Griffin are able to board smaller ships in time as the ship sinks.

Timothy, aboard one of the rescue boats looks at the sinking ship. Fear in his eyes.

"I am sorry, Wanderer. I will uphold my deal. That I promise..."

NathanB1486
2013-01-10, 09:44 AM
After receiving Tarith's reply, Xander looks up to those standing around him, specifically Anzaril.
Tarith informs me he has encountered more people that do not belong in the woods, a blue giant, a dwarf, and a winged creature that has glowing symbols orbiting its head. He has engaged the dwarf, but the rest have moved on.
They must have a caster with them, because they apparently make use of invisibility, and may be fairly strong. If Tarith is only battling one right now he should have no problems, I wonder where the other two went, and their purpose in the woods. Anzaril, will this orb allow us to attempt to locate these intruders?

dantiesilva
2013-01-10, 10:32 AM
Intruders you say. Interesting, I would have thought it would have taken longer for people to intrude on the forest. Dantie says to what is told.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 01:24 PM
@The Party: Anzaril takes the crystal ball and looks into it. She frowns in frustration.

"I should've known. The crystal ball allows me or anyone here to focus on people they know. Its effectiveness increased even more if I and the people I wish to see are in the Font of Life. I have never seen or heard of these three, so finding them in the woods may prove taxing. However, if Arralae were to be here, or with the Covens to help track them, finding these three should be no problem."

@Tarith: After your brief scuffle with the dwarf and disappearance of the other two. You search around the area and realize there is not much more to do here. The animated tree has deanimated as it tried to catch the illusory Tarith. Walking back to the Font of Life has proven so far, uneventful.

NathanB1486
2013-01-10, 04:57 PM
Tarith was able to give a brief description of them, I assume he has at least seen them, do you think the orbs magic would allow him to attempt to locate them, or would it require more than one brief meeting for the orb to locate a subject?

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 05:01 PM
@Xander: Anzaril looks at the crystal ball and ponders on your question.

"If Tarith has seen them and fought against them...then yes. He might be able to get an idea of where they are. As long as they're in the forest."

NathanB1486
2013-01-10, 05:21 PM
It seems like waiting for Tarith to return, and then having him attempt to locate these intruders would be our best way to locate them at the moment, I do not suppose you are able to send the covens a warning that these three have entered the woods, and seem hostile?

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 05:39 PM
As Tarith returns to the font, he pulls a piece of cloth out, and preserves some of the dwarf's blood.
When he arrives
"Why are you looking at me like that?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 06:13 PM
@Tarith: You walk back into the Font of Life, covered in the dwarf's blood. Everyone is gathered here now- Xander, Dantie, Anzaril, and that dwarf from Justcrown, Dimbur. The Glaistig looks at you and raises an eyebrow.

"Is it possible that there is a time when you are not covered in blood, Tarith?"

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 06:16 PM
"Of course. However, after a fight is rarely one of them. In any event, did the other 2 enemies come here? The dwarf teleported out, using a scroll, before I could stop him."

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 06:34 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril looks at a crystal ball in her hand.

"Teleported out? Well, he probably left the woods or moved somewhere else within to join his friends. Xander says you saw all of them? Use this and focus on where each of them are. If they are anywhere in the woods, the crystal will be able to find them. However, the farther they are from this location, the harder it will be to estimate where in the woods they are. This is worth a shot, though."

The glaistig hands you over the crystal ball.

"Anything you could ascertain of who they were. What they could do?"

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 06:42 PM
"The Dwarf was very derisive of mages. I would say that he has planned on fighting them, so is probably decently able to combat magic. He is fairly resistant to it as well. However, he is extremely slow, comparable to Dantie, but with shorter legs. The Giant cast a dispel, although of minimal power, and he was flying. The third, the winged woman, cast some sort of missile, before leaving. They were all invisible until I forced the dwarf to reveal himself, at which point they attacked, and then, confident that the dwarf could win, they left."

Tarith describes the effects of the spell that hit him

He then tries to use the orb, using the Dwarf's blood to help attune it to him.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 06:50 PM
@Tarith: You smear some of the dwarf's blood on the orb and press your hand against it while focusing on the creature's appearance, words, mannerisms. Enough to give you a hint of where he might be...

The blood on the orb swirls around the crystal's surface, enveloping the item. It is attempting to create a visual bond with whomever it was a part of. Then, the crystal goes black. Your pupils mimic the blackness in the crystal as you are unable to see anything inside, but you do hear the dwarf's voice. Not as snarly as when you fought him. This enemy sounds terrified. In pain.

Please, master...I promise! I promise...NOOOOO!

The sound of blade against flesh cuts the communication immediately as the crystal regains its original color.

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 06:58 PM
"Well, the dwarf, at least, serves a master, who is... displeased with his failure. Next, the woman"
Tarith focuses on the woman, remembering her sigils

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 07:05 PM
@Tarith: You focus on the sigils the bald winged woman had on her head and press your hand against the crystal ball.

A branch on a tree. The winged woman sits against the trunks while relaxing her body and focusing shutting her eyes as the sigils on her head glow ever bright. The woman looks at all sides before spreading her wings and flying to what looks like the south gate which leads to Justcrown.

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 07:08 PM
"The Woman... She is almost to Justcrown's South gate. With a teleport, we can probably give her a nasty surprise. Now for the giant..."

Once more, Tarith focuses on the orb, driving it to show him the giant

dantiesilva
2013-01-10, 07:08 PM
Dantie sits back and watches everything going on.

Slowly getting bored.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 07:17 PM
@Dantie: You're watching Tarith attempt to find the attackers. Then, you're mind receives a message.

Dantie...

It's Tradik's voice. However, it sounds faint, weak.

Listen, Dantie! I have managed to be left alone for a few moments and got a hold of a scroll. Nerine is in the dwarven kingdoms! She is now marching towards Crystalmist Mountains! I...I tried to stop her, but she isn't alone.. Beware of Satau, Dantie. I fear his powers aren't...

The conversation ends.

@Tarith: You focus on the blue giant, hoping to find him. Sadly, although a general location is seen- similar to the woman's. He is not caught by the crystal ball.

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 07:21 PM
"The giant seems to be near the woman. Xander, Anzaril, do one of you have a way to get us there? We can probably take them out now, especially if we can stop them from fleeing"

NathanB1486
2013-01-10, 07:49 PM
Xander pulls a scroll from his haversack.
I have a scroll of teleport I received from Bandobras we can use, I had intended on giving it to you, as you seem to regularly find yourself in need of a way to transport yourself great distances, and Bandobras' method of transporting you seems...dangerous, and seems to cause excessive collateral damage. We can use it to pursue them if you wish however, do you know why they were here?.
Xander offers Tarith the scroll.

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 07:55 PM
"If we want to know why they are here, we need to capture one. Either way, we can learn more by teleporting there. Be aware: They are flying. Xander, if you can let us all fly, that would be nice. Everyone ready?"

Everyone else should have time to cast a spell

Tarith judges the woman's flight speed, and tries to teleport to the location below
[roll0] umd
[roll1] teleport

dantiesilva
2013-01-10, 07:57 PM
As Dantie gets the message he replies hoping his old friend can hear him. I am coming. I will be there as soon as I can. After he is done sending the message he looks to the others. I know where she is, Tradik needs us in the dwarven city. We can split up if you like. I know Tarith you and Xander need to contact this person he had a dream with. But I also can not leave Tradik and his kingdom to fall. I will not ask for you to come with me. Just Please try to keep in touch everyday. Dantie then calls up to Rosalind. Rosalind, we are going to have to speed up this wedding. I am sorry, but I am needed in the dwarvenlands by an old friend. Then turning to Anzrail Can you contact anyone inside Swans rest? We need to make this wedding happen now if possible. Tonight at the latest. Dantie says, fear in his voice for his old friends life.

NathanB1486
2013-01-10, 08:19 PM
It feels strange to be the ones ambushing, but I suppose we should be prepared either way. Flight? Certainly allow me a moment to prepare us before we go to, and remember we wish to capture them, not kill them.

Dantie, let us take care of this situation first, keep in mind we can make use of teleportation magic, if we can scry on the dwarven lands, I can take us there, I only need to stop in Halmathan so we can get more information from Ravenna. I realize this man is your friend, however I suspect the she you mentioned would be Nerine, if I am correct, you my friend have lost your mind if you believe you are going to face her alone, you will surely need Tarith and I's help.
Xander pauses a moment, then looks to Dimbur.
Master Stonestaff, will you be joining us in attempting to capture these intruders? And later travel to your homelands, as it seems the dwarves are in need of aid at the moment. If you are teleporting with us, do you require a flight spell as well, or are you capable of flight on your own?

Fly, on himself, Dantie, and Tarith, (and Dimbur if needed). He then casts Mage Armor, Protection from Evil. See Invis, Shield, Nightshield, Alter Self (trog), and invis on himself, And finally chains Keen edge, and GMW on all applicable targets, and Haste on the party just before teleporting.

Tarith, forgot you wanted pro evil, then again I also forgot I had it set up until now.

Also I will be spotty for a hour or 2, if combat breaks out someone can use Xander, if needed if a fight breaks out till I get back.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 08:32 PM
@Dantie: Anzaril looks at Xander.

"It was Xander who cast the Ritual. I do not know the specifics of whether someone can be contacted inside Swan's Rest."

Rosalind looks at you very much concerned.

"I do not mind hurrying the wedding, Dantie. However going to dwarven lands now? And alone? I cannot allow that. I will go with you."

@Xander: You take your time preparing all the necessary spells on yourself and your comrades. You can only hope they surrender, lest the skies be tainted with red.

@Tarith: You decipher the scroll and figure out how to work it. Arriving on location will not be a problem.

Meanwhile, a few feet away from Justcrown's airspace...

"Hurry! We need to get to the shop!" Alynnis bats her wings as fast as she can.

An invisible voice responds not too far away.

"Our targets are in the Woods, ilumian. Why come back here?"

Alynnis smiles as she can see the top of the buildings.

"What better way to draw out our prey than by striking at what they care for most. That Silas fellow has a bunch of children in school right now. How.. unfortunate if something were to happen to such young minds, don't you think?"

dantiesilva
2013-01-10, 08:48 PM
As Xander casts fly on them Dantie begins casting his own spells hoping to protect as many as he can. We can talk later about this. Lets get the job at hand done. And with that he teleports with the others.

Casted Mantle of good twice 1 for Xander 1 for me. SR25 for both of us.

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 08:50 PM
Tarith and the party pop into existence near the bad guys location, as Tarith casts the spell.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 08:55 PM
@The Party: Please confirm if everyone has flying on.

Tarith reads from the scroll and the Font of Life begins to rumble around you as Anzaril and Rosalind begin to dematerialize.

You appear in a spot not too far. Sure enough, you all see the winged figure flying towards the city, sixty feet away from you and 300ft above ground. She seems to be alone.

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 09:01 PM
Considering that Xander cast Haste, Tarith activates his ring, and moves 85 feet, concealing himself... somehow

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

dantiesilva
2013-01-10, 09:01 PM
Initiative is 26 for me because of sign. No boost unless Xander casts neverskitter

As we materalive and the winged one Tarith told us about that had glowing symbols over her head comes into view I call out. Halt now, or I will be forced to attack you. What business do you have in these woods? Dantie asks preparing to casts a spell if it seems they are going to be attacked.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 09:15 PM
@Dantie: The winged woman turns to look at you. Indeed. A strange symbol glows around her forehead. Multicolored feathered wings flap silently behind her as she halts and looks at you.

"You're Dantie Silva... the pelorite. I have no business with you, cleric. My business is with him."

The woman points her finger at Xander.

@Xander: "So glad you saved me the trouble, magus. I was about to have myself some fun in Justcrown, but it seems I'll have my fun with you first!"

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 09:16 PM
Interesting. I wonder what Xander is hiding...
Did not think he had any enemies

NathanB1486
2013-01-10, 09:49 PM
Xander gives the woman a questioning look.
So I take it you can see me then? Might I ask what business you have with me? And why if you have come for me, you did not simply send for me? Was your friends battle with Tarith nessacary?

I had assumed Xander would have a few minutes to cast buffs on us before we left. Also, until I unlock lvl 7 spells and can enter archmage, I can't chain touch spells.(Like fly)

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 09:58 PM
@Xander: The winged woman floats in place as the sigils orbit around her faster.

"You are just as he said you were. The rational one. The thinker. You also, are the one responsible for Varian's death. As such, blood for blood. It's quite simple, really. When you put it in perspective. Of course, if you refuse to face me, I am certain Silas and his nursery will be more than willing to discuss the situation at hand..."

She laughs as you mention Tarith.

"The spelltheif? Yes, he is dead by now. Another one involved in the Varian affair. So sad he isn't here."

Amphetryon
2013-01-10, 10:05 PM
'Fifty years with nary a call to use transportation magic, and look at what the past few days have wrought. Makes a dwarf wonder which was the right, and which was the wrong, path for his feet.'

Dimbur has Swift Fly, but it only lasts a Round. A longer term boost from the party would be helpful.

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 10:12 PM
@Dimbur: You have seen this one before. A long time ago. That is Alynnis Gloombow, the fallen Servant of the Couatls. She attempted to use her divine and arcane power to subdue a small goblin village and be worshiped as a queen and goddess. The couatls took notice quickly and she was dishonorably banned from the valley. Alynnis looks at you with disdain.

"Dimbur... as fetching a view as ever, I see. Still washing Silaqi's toes? Or are you now moving down the ladder and have decided to tussle some feathers in order to gain the flawed snake's favor?"

Amphetryon
2013-01-10, 10:16 PM
'Silaqui's toes are with the rest of her, in the valley you long ago forsook. I seek no one's favor on this day, Gloombow, and care not a whit how my appearance impacts you. I would have thought you knew that; perhaps power and madness are as closely linked as the legends say.'

AlanBruce
2013-01-10, 10:25 PM
@Dimbur: Alynnis spreads her wings. They still radiate the color of a servant. So sad it would be twisted by a fractured mind.

"So the elf is gone... no wonder he has shown interest in you. As for power, Dimbur, you are unfit to speak about it. With power comes great responsibility, dwarf. And in this case, the responsibility to finish the magus and position myself as the very best here and elsewhere. Killing Xander is my job. Finishing you off is just an added bonus."

Archmage1
2013-01-10, 10:53 PM
So, the dwarf that has been following me, and the winged thing both know each other, and are from a valley of some sort. I wonder, why leave? The dwarf, presumably left Siliqui, after some event happened. It sounds like these two did not get along, however. Still, something to think about.

dantiesilva
2013-01-11, 02:24 AM
Your business is with me then. For he is my friend, and my friends are my business. Dantie says drawing his sword and trying to see if he knows anything about the creature before him.

[roll0] Arcane Against the winged girl
[roll1] Religion against the winged girl Just let me know which one matters. And battle grid time alan, what are dimensions?

Dantie then awaits and answer and listens to her talking to the dwarf. So it seems this dwarf knows quite a bit more then he has led on. Will defiantly have to make time to question him. Dantie says to himself still waiting for something to happen. It strikes Dantie as odd that the third person has still not revealed themselves.

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 02:33 AM
@Dantie: Against Alynnis, please roll Knowledge Local, since she is a humanoid

Alynnis gives you a crooked smile as she looks at you.

"How adorable, Dantie. However, someone has been sent against you. He has been here all this time. Apparently, he believes it is wise to keep his mouth shut for now. He's not much of a talker, but he certainly can pack a punch, rest assured."

@The Party: Alynnis shakes her fingers as cracks of energy dance between them.

"Well, then... let's see if what he mentioned about you is true or not."

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 04:13 AM

Valtalis leaves what can only be interpreted as an operating room. He takes off a pair of bloody gloves and tosses them into a furnace. A painful howling mixed with sobbing can be heard from the operating room. Valtalis walks up to the a lounge chamber with cyclopean eye of god window above the impossibly tall dark ceiling. The debris that floats outside the Ward creates errie shadows as it flies above the window, casting their unnatural shapes on the alabaster furniture.

From the shadows, nimble steps are heard as a cloaked and hooded figure walks towards the scarce light and bows to the grey elf, who has taken a seat and poured himself a glass of wine.

"Amateurs. At least they are where I want them. You know what to do. I know you value your prowess in being quick. Do take your time. I want Dantie to know it was painful, would you kindly?"

The hooded figure's eyes glow a golden color and recedes into the shadows.

Meanwhile, in the Font of Life...

Rosalind washes some of her clothes on the shores of the lake. Much of the water is receding already. Perhaps the Covens may not be needed after all.

"I worry, you know. Yes, Dantie is strong, but to go into the dwarven lands chasing that monster Nerine... no offense, Anzaril. She must've been related to you?"

Rosalind twists a pair of long johns, attempting to squeeze all the water out of them before folding them in a basket.

Anzaril looks at the crystal ball, her attention barely fixed on the red head.

"Uhhh..no. Nerine does not belong to my family or Court for that matter. She is a Whisperglade, just like her sister."

Rosalind stops her washing.

"She has a sister? Who ..."

Rosalind turns around as heavy footsteps are heard coming in, making a splash in the water. Dantie has returned from the fight, and is unharmed. The young pelorite gets up and runs towards her fiancee. Dantie looks at her with a calm expression as he extends his hand towards her.

Anzaril turns to see who the man is and takes her a few seconds to notice Dantie is on the crystal ball.

"Rosalind! Get away!"

Anzaril barely has a chance to react as she turns her face to look at the smiling pelorite and manifests herself in a flash between her and Dantie as this one has his hand deeply embedded in Anzaril's bladder. The expression is of utter calm from this person. No, regret or joy at having missed his target initially or have wounded the lake's Guardian. Anzaril takes a few steps back as the crystal ball drops from her hands and lands on the water. Rosalind looks in shock and horror as the fey's blood washes down the lake. the injury would've killed Rosalind. In Anzaril's case, it's a serious fleshwound, but nothing fatal, yet.

"You aren't Dantie... who are you? Leave my Lake at once!" Anzaril can barely finish her sentence as she clutches her side. The wound has been deep and precise.

"Stay back, Rosalind! And if I fall, swim towards the lake as fast as you can. You can swim, can you?"

Rosalind looks at the tree house and wishes she had her armor and weapon with her.

"I am not leaving you, Anzaril. Show yourself demon!"

Dantie produces the slightest of smiles and his face and bulky body clad in armor cracks, but not at uneven angles. It's like a puzzle, every piece receding into a new, lithe body. A body cloaked and hooded in black. From its right sleeve extends a golden rapier, dripping the Glaistig's blood.

"We can't call on them now. We must battle this assassin on our own...can you do this, Rosalind?"

Rosalind holds her holy symbol tight in her hands.

"Dantie and the rest did much for me in Hammerbruk. I will not burden them with more damsel in distress situations. I'm ready, Anzaril."

The Glaistig straightens herself up and looks at the cloaked harbinger of death.

"A silent entrance, a silent departure, impostor. You have made a terrible mistake!"

dantiesilva
2013-01-11, 08:32 AM
In that case alan again only a +1 as Local is not something I have skill ranks in. Oh well.

As Dantie is assured that their is another here, and that this one is here for him he is not taken of guard and is only happy he has been holding his spell waiting to use it to its full potential. If he is so strong why does he hide in fear like a coward? It seems even you have more honor then him showing yourself to the one you have challenged. In the end though it will not matter whether they show themselves or not. Evil will not prevail.

Spot check taking my time looking so 30 against your hide check.

NathanB1486
2013-01-11, 09:58 AM
Varien's death? I am afraid you have your facts incorrect, but we should have amble time to clear up any misconceptions later, I do hope you are better prepared that Varien was, it seems he had made the unfortunate error of underestimating this opponents, only he was not foolish enough to threaten a building full of innocent children...you do realize if that is your intent I can not let you go any further toward Justcrown because of such foolishness do you not?

Xander spells are going to be Chain GMW, flight, and haste (assuming we can cast 3 spells each, and Dantie's buff on Xander doesn't count against him)

Also Initiative [roll0] (chaining nerveskitter to all allies within 30 ft)

If we are allowed 3 rounds to buff, can Xander squeeze in a quickened nightshield at some point? (+3 saves, and immune to magic missile(just looked it up, thought I vaguely remembered reading it did that, it negates the same way shield does.)

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 10:44 AM
@Dantie: A deep laughter comes from the sky ahead of you.

"Aren't you supposed to be the all-seeing Inquisitor? A simple illusion should be easy for you to see through. It would seem this cleric is not as keen as I was lead to believe."

@Xander: Alynnis smiles at your statement.

"Struck a chord, haven't I? Well, I'll make it easy for you: Face me here, magus, and if you somehow manage to win, well, you're safe. If I win, your head is mine. Of course, if you decide to rush me with Dimbur, I can assure you I can be at Silas' doorstep quicker than you imagine...and I will knock that door down hard."

NathanB1486
2013-01-11, 11:10 AM
Xander simply sighs, and shakes his head at Alynnis's comment.
More threats? It seems civility was not a part of your upbringing, and do you truly believe I would give you the opportunity to reach Silas' school now? Since you seem so insistent on battling me, and it seems the simplest means to avoid unneeded collateral damage. I must wonder however, is your quest for vengeance driven by a personal attachment to Varien, or are you simply another lackey having your strings pulled by a unseen puppet master as Varien was?

Collector of stores added
Knowledge (Nature) [roll0]
Knowledge (Local) [roll1]

dantiesilva
2013-01-11, 11:57 AM
As Dantie hears the voice Dantie looks in the general direction. It is indeed misinformation you have received. For spells that make you invisible are much different then seeing through Illusions.

Any spell that does not include invisibility line gets me this will save to disbelieve it [roll0] Will save. If spell is invisibility or greater Inv. now amount of my pierce illusions will work saying as Tarith put it their is no line of sight. Which makes no sense because an looking at an illusion of the sky in that case would not activate the ability hiding the person in the sky.

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 12:17 PM
@Xander: You take a look at Alynnis. She looks human, yes. However, she seems to be a different offshoot of the human race. An old race said to have been precursors to your own. The Ilumians. Known for channeling deep arcane power from their souls into visible sigils that grant them tremendous spell casting power.

"Varian was killed by you and your friends, was he not? If I am to gain their favor, your blood will be spilled and I shall ascend. It is the way of life- eat or be eaten."

Amphetryon
2013-01-11, 12:51 PM
'What do you remember about Gloombow, Dimbur? Think!'

[roll0]

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 01:20 PM
@Dimbur: You try and recall what you know specifically about Alynnis. This is what you recall, from the days when she served the Couatls.

Alynnis was trained by her race as a warmage. Able to deal devastating spells in melee and from far away. On top of that, Gloombow has all the blessings of a Rainbow Servant, since she was one of the few to rise to the higher echelons of power within that caste. As such, the feathered Ilumian not only can harness the powers of evocation, but the powers of the gods as well.

NathanB1486
2013-01-11, 01:27 PM
A rather primal logic, I would have thought one of the Ilumians would be more refined. All this simply in hopes of gaining ones place in a misguided organization? Have you considered the negative repercussions if you were to find victory, and they accomplished their goals? I fear in your haste to prove yourself to your superiors, that you risk undoing much you do not fully understand.

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 02:35 PM
@Xander: Alynnis' sigil orbits madly around her head.

"I am not misguided! I am superior! You are nothing but a mold best broken! I will be vindicated! I will be reinstated as rightful queen of the valley. All those who banished me will bow before me or be torn apart- feather by feather. Scale by scale..."

Archmage1
2013-01-11, 05:39 PM
They work for the same group Nerine is part of. And seem just as crazy. Still, capturing one would be a very good idea.

Tarith moves to be behind Alynnis, and gets a good look at her, trying to determine if she has another scroll on her. He also activates his arcane sight, hoping to find some trace of the giant.

27 spot and listen
34 hide and move silently

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 05:51 PM
@Tarith: You fly behind the crazed Ilumian as she shouts nonsense about her supposed racial superiority. In a way, she does seem as crazy as Nerine. However, where the nymph is just intent on killing for killing's sake, this one seems to be more focused on retaking the valley where the dwarf also comes from. Whatever her motives are, a well placed set of daggers on her back should get her to talk. Focusing your arcane sight on her and 120 ft. past her. You realize she is no illusion. Eighty feet away from her, however, you do see a rather large aura.

Alynnis' Spot: [roll0]

Hibagon's Spot: [roll1]

Archmage1
2013-01-11, 05:59 PM
So, when I do this, I will have company. Quickly. However, the others should be able to help with that. Time to see if this will work...

Having moved into place, Tarith makes his move, Driving his daggers deep into her back, seeking to drain her magical powers, to make capturing her possible

attack1[roll0] damage[roll1]magebane[roll2] miss[roll3]
attack2[roll4] damage[roll5] magebane[roll6] miss[roll7]

stealing invisibility, d-door, teleport, greater teleport, plane shift, blink
Reserving what spells are stolen by the second strike, as I would learn her spell list first.

Alas, only one hit.
however, no dex or dodge to her ac, as she is flat footed.

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 06:17 PM
@Tarith: You rolled low there.

You strike at Alynnis' back, confident in your ability to strike at a defenseless opponent. However, the wings on her back bounce off your hand and the Ilumian turns to look at you in shock.

"Dekvi should've killed you! How in the hells!"

Archmage1
2013-01-11, 06:32 PM
"Simple. Your Dwarf friend was rather... less able than you thought he would be. Don't worry. He is currently... entertaining your master. In the interest of saving everyone involved some time and pain, why don't you surrender now?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 06:45 PM
@Tarith: Alynnis looks at Dantie, Dimbus and Xander farther away and at you a mere five feet away from her. The Ilumian smiles.

"Dekvi was never too bright. And neither are you, Tarith. I now have you within my grasp. How unfortunate for you."

Archmage1
2013-01-11, 06:49 PM
"Nearly within your grasp? Perhaps. But then, you are nearly in mine. We shall see. Either way, things are going to be... interesting. However, what can you tell me about Varian?"

Because now is the perfect time for an interrogation

NathanB1486
2013-01-11, 08:05 PM
Seeing Tarith begin his assault on Alynnis, Xander realizes the battle can be put off no longer.
I suppose the time for words has ended, still I some advice for you, You carry much anger, if you are not careful, these people you are so eager to be a part of will aim to use it to manipulate you, and will twist your beloved valley into a mockery of itself, I would advise seeking another route to restore your position.

Xander casts Telekinesis and tries to remove Alynnis' maneuverability from her, making her easier to catch.

Grapple [roll0] (CL+int mod vs her opposed grapple)
Trip [roll1] (int check vs her dex or str)

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 08:09 PM
@Xander: You caution the enraged Ilumian against following such perfidious creed. Immediately, using the same tactics as with Isiflis, you wave your hands in the air and swiftly force an invisible power from your very mind to hold the winged caster in place.

Grapple: [roll0]

Trip: [roll1]

"You worm! Release me!!!!"

Alynnis struggles in midair.

NathanB1486
2013-01-11, 08:41 PM
I am afraid I can not do that, you have already admitted you intended to wreak havoc in Justcrown, allowing you to leave now seems...foolish. I believe you came her with three companions, I understand the dwarf found Tarith more than he could handle and had fled, would you mind informing us of your third companions location?

To Dantie.
Stay near me, I assume her third companion to be invisible and nearby, as soon as I am able I will aid you in locating it.

AlanBruce
2013-01-11, 08:49 PM
@Xander: As Alynnis struggles you calmly inform her of her situation and your position regarding her release. The Ilumian stops struggling enough to laugh wickedly.

"You fool! You think these bonds can hold me forever? I am the Queen of Couatls! These bonds are but feeble attempts from a failed magus!"

Archmage1
2013-01-11, 08:49 PM
"The bonds are not your main problem. I am."