PDA

View Full Version : What Equipment does a low level druid need?

hobbitkniver
2013-01-03, 03:50 PM
In the campaign I'm playing now, we're at level two and our party consists of a rogue, wizard, fighter and druid. After we finished up our first major questline, we got quite a bit of gold and loot. The DM gave us more loot than level 1 characters deserved, but we're not playing with some standard rules.

The prices for items seems to be messed up and our fighter picked up a +1 keen longsword for 900 gold and full plate for 250. I have amassed more gold than anyone in our party and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I've got all the mundane equipment I need. I could buy magic weapons or armor, but I'm only using them for a few more levels anyway until I get wildshape. Money is not really an object at this point.

docnessuno
2013-01-03, 03:55 PM
Wilding clasps
An elven darkleaf full plate with the wild enhancement
A wand of lesser vigor
More wilding clasps
Stat enhancers
More wilding clasps

Edit:
Pearl of speech (common)
Ring of the beast
Cloak of resistance
And, you guessed it, more wilding clasps

Coidzor
2013-01-03, 03:58 PM
Do you have adequate arms and armor for your animal companion?

A +1 Mouthpick(Lords of Madness) weapon is a fair replacement for a bite attack that confers proficiency and iterative attacks in addition to their natural weapons. Though that might be of more interest to you for wildshaping to at least eventually get a +1 Mouthpick, Sizing weapon if you're not going the unarmed strike route but are going to fight in wildshape.

Urpriest
2013-01-03, 04:02 PM
This really depends on how you guys have modified pricing. I'm guessing there's some sort of insane haggling system in place?

Anyway, Lesser Rod of Extend spell might be nice. Getting iteratives won't be important for some time, so I wouldn't invest in a Mouthpick weapon yet unless you don't think you'll get time to purchase things for a long while.

Edit: Actually if you can take advantage of whatever insane pricing rules you're living in and get +1 Wild Dragonhide Armor, probably a Breastplate unless you never make attack rolls in which case you might as well go for Full Plate. Barding for your animal companion would also be nice.

hobbitkniver
2013-01-03, 06:13 PM
This really depends on how you guys have modified pricing. I'm guessing there's some sort of insane haggling system in place?

I'm not really sure. I think the DM is making the prices up, but some things are way to cheap and others at way too expensive. I was told I wasn't allowed to start with a large shield because it was too expensive (7 gold by the rules).

TuggyNE
2013-01-03, 07:53 PM
I'm not really sure. I think the DM is making the prices up, but some things are way to cheap and others at way too expensive. I was told I wasn't allowed to start with a large shield because it was too expensive (7 gold by the rules).

wuuuuut?

Okay, really, there's no way to tell what equipment you'll be able to have with this scheme, so you'll have to ask individually for each one (or, perhaps, ask the DM to be more consistent). On the up side, if you feel like scrounging somewhat of an unfair advantage, you may be able to find quite a lot of extremely valuable items for far less than their usual price.