PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted 2.5] Infernal Character and Optimisation

Bahumat
2013-01-03, 04:46 PM
Alright chaps, let's see what you can do. I have a couple of campaigns coming up in the future that are going to be Infernal (instead of the normal mish-mash my GM's have to actually balance between solars, lunars, abyssals, infernals and siderials).

Now, first off is a character design that might seem a little....off for exalted. I want Exalted James Bond. Specifically, Exalted Pierce Brosnan Bond. The overall plan is to have the party pick a Bond they like (or a bond secondary character) and roughly base their character off them. Danial Craig is an action Bond, so more focus on combat, while Sean Connery is a suave social combat Bond.

Now, Pierce is a slightly unfocused Bond archetype. He's got a bit of social, a bit of combat and a fair bit of stealth and manipulation going for him. Based on that, I was thinking a Scourge with the Ebon Dragon as favoured (because one of the other players has claimed Sean Connery, and is going Fiend, so aiming for a mostly-unique circle in terms of caste. This is not concrete.)

The plan is to create a collective James Bond identity using Loom-Snarling-Deception and other ED charms in order to utterly confuse and disorient the enemies the GM throws at us, since the 'one man' can be switched out for any of the various Bonds that the party has picked, giving us a wide array of specialty to work with. Plus, I recall there's a charm in one of the trees that allows ninja style replacement, meaning we can drop in a 'new' bond whenever necessary for the mission at hand.

What do you people think? What sort of stats/abilities/charms/backgrounds should I look at for a Pierce Brosnan inspired Infernal at character generation and beyond? Also, since we're Bond we'll be using firearms most likely, but not the ones from shards as far as we're aware. I was looking into Spies, but taking a full 5 dots would eat into my bonus points...

The second is a more basic idea, an Asura (Asura's wrath) inspired Slayer. So a Martial Arts focussed close combat monster that will possibly pick up Infernal Monster because why not. What Stats/abilities/charms/backgrounds are recommended?

vasharanpaladin
2013-01-03, 10:34 PM
For the second, these. (http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1305247) Fourth set. :smallwink:

Bahumat
2013-01-04, 02:55 AM
Ooohhh, Infernal Monster expansions. Me likes. Much appreciated.

Xefas
2013-01-04, 03:32 AM
For Asura, you'll definitely want to pick up Star-Piercing Spear of Glory from the Broken Winged Crane. It does all of his bright green energy blast stuff. Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai from the Ink Monkeys will get you his six-arm transformation.

Friv
2013-01-04, 09:43 AM
Well, everyone else is covering the asura, so I'm going to discuss Brosnan-Bond.

First up, you don't want Ebon Dragon to be favored, I'm afraid. The nature of Witness to Darkness is such that it ruins the smooth charisma that embodies Brosnan's version of Bond, and you can pick up Loom-Snarling Deception out of caste. I would suggest She Who Lives as your favored, with a dash of Malfeas and Ebby to round out.

I would also suggest the following Charms, although I'm not at home so I can't remember their prerequisites:

ADORJAN CHARMS:
* Adorjan Excellency, because the speed and ease of it fits Bond pretty well.
* Tragic Love Amusement: So that you can do amazing things to help the girl of the week, but also kill them five minutes later when they turn out to be evil, like in every Brosnan movie.
* Freedom Lets Go: Five minutes after your love of the week dies, you forget she ever existed and move on.

SHE WHO LIVES CHARMS:
* Cosmic Transcendence of Compassion: Critical to a Brosnan Bond. Push yourself to the absolute limit to save someone, and then shoot them in the face because more people are in danger if they live.
* Ego-Infused Primacy Pattern: Because nothing affects James Bond for very long.

MALFEAS CHARMS:
* Not strictly necessary, but By Pain Reforged lets you take some hits, and it leads into the Malfeas defenses. These will help you a lot in a straight fight.

EBON DRAGON CHARMS:
* Loom-Snarling Deception, since Bond is sort of the whole point of this exercise.

Bahumat
2013-01-04, 05:54 PM
Huh. Swillin has some nice stuff, so losing ED for it doesn't hurt me. Great suggestion!

Tavar
2013-01-04, 10:49 PM
Note that for Asura, you're eventually going to have to go Devil Tiger to stay true to his character: all of the Yozi are somewhat self-focused(or entirely bonkers, see Miss Giggle-Giggle-Murder-Zoom-Zoom). Asura is the exact opposite, though, it's not about him, it's about others. That's if you care about the personality, though, and not just the powers.

Bahumat
2013-01-05, 04:42 AM
Wait....you mean every infernal that every player has ever made since Broken Winged Crane was released isn't intended to go Devil Tiger? Blasphemy!

Bahumat
2013-01-09, 07:52 PM
Any other suggestions for either build?