PDA

View Full Version : Templates to Wild shapes?

silverwolfer
2013-01-03, 06:09 PM
I have two questions on wildshape inheriting previous bits.

Now wild shape you lose your old health and previous stats and replace with the creature your now assuming.

If you have vow of poverty, and also the saint template, do you lose the abilities you gained from them also or would natural spell help carry some of them over?

Deadline
2013-01-03, 06:15 PM
Now wild shape you lose your old health and previous stats and replace with the creature your now assuming.

You take on the physical stats of the new form, but keep your mental stats. You also gain some of the abilities of the new form. You specifically do not get the increased or decreased hit-points of the new form.

If you have vow of poverty, and also the saint template, do you lose the abilities you gained from them also or would natural spell help carry some of them over?

You do not lose your feats, though you may lose the ability to use them (spellcasting as an animal isn't normally possible without, say, natural spell). I'm ... not sure what happens to template abilities. I'm fairly certain that any physical template stat boosts would not apply, but as far as the other many and varied things you can get from templates, I'm not sure.

silverwolfer
2013-01-03, 06:35 PM
So am going off the alterntive form I think I found

I lose natural armor that I got from poverty , and moment modes

I retain my SLA and SN and SU

My str,dex and con change, but I retain my int, wis and cha

My hard stats like HD, feats,skills, and BAB stay the same

I retain my spellcasting

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-01-03, 06:46 PM
It's right here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#alternateForm), but specifically:
- Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.

Regarding your other questions, it can be answered fairly easily:
- The creature retains the special qualities of its original form. It does not gain any special qualities of its new form.
- The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its new form.

Saint's special attacks are all supernatural (Su), so you get to keep them. You keep all of the special qualities it grants. It gives you an insight bonus to AC equal to your Wis bonus, which would also be a special quality, which you would also keep. You don't keep any adjustments to your physical ability scores that the template grants.

Everything that Vow of Poverty grants would be a special quality except for Exalted Strike, but that one is also (Su). This means you would keep everything that VoP grants when you Wild Shape, including its static Enhancement bonuses to ability scores, since you can apply your own effects in the most beneficial order.

silverwolfer
2013-01-03, 06:52 PM
Wow..so I get all that, on top of exalted wildshape to turn into a blink dog....okay am happy...

Talya
2013-01-03, 11:10 PM
While certainly not optimal, playing a VoP druid is easy and gets around most of the problems VoP has. And you're a wildshaping god.

silverwolfer
2013-01-03, 11:14 PM
Yeah why I went saint, as I have no real gear anyways, boosting my abilities.