PDA

View Full Version : Magic Tattoos: What kinds are there?

qwertyu63
2013-01-03, 09:06 PM
I'm just curious about this topic. Several questions here:

1: Is there any rules for magic tattoos with at will abilities?
2: What, if any, other types of magic tattoos are there?
3: Slightly off-topic, but is there any source for tattooed holy symbols?

Thank you in advance.

BIGMamaSloth
2013-01-03, 11:01 PM
Well theres Psionic tattoos, which are basically psionic scrolls as far as I know.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/psionicTattoos.htm

Then theres the tattooed monk, a prestige class for monk that gets a number of different tattoos that give mostly passive abilities. Those two are the only kind I know about. Also, as unhelpful as this probably is, there definitely was a written thing about holy symbols being tattooed on your body, but I've got no idea where. Maybe a dragon magazine.

Vaz
2013-01-04, 05:49 AM
Psionic Skins cpuld theoretically be represented as magic tattoos.

As stated, there is a Tattooed Monk; refluffing it to represent some form of Divine Empowered would work; but bear in mind that the Monk abilities will not stack as a Heavily armed Cleric Divine caster.

TuggyNE
2013-01-04, 06:20 AM
Psionic Skins cpuld theoretically be represented as magic tattoos.

Aren't there actual psionic tattoos, though?

Vaz
2013-01-04, 06:38 AM
If you have a look at the post above mine, you'd see that Answer has been given already. :) I saw no reason to post the same answer again.

TuggyNE
2013-01-04, 06:54 AM
If you have a look at the post above mine, you'd see that Answer has been given already. :) I saw no reason to post the same answer again.

Derp. And I just saw the same thing happen with one of my posts! :smallredface:

hymer
2013-01-04, 06:57 AM
I'll just mention the obvious one: Create Magic Tattoo, a 2nd level conjuration spell from the Spell Compendium.