PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #367 - The Discussion Thread

The Giant
2006-11-02, 12:18 AM
New comic is up. :thog:

McBish
2006-11-02, 12:21 AM
Ohhhhh, this is very touching. How will Elan escape and save the day? Join us next time to find out. (Hopefully)

Arqane
2006-11-02, 12:22 AM
Man, that was great. I loved Thog's line. I had to read through it just to make sure it made sense, and it does :thog:.

Poor, poor Elan.

pedr
2006-11-02, 12:23 AM
Heh, first post, first page?!

Poor Elan :( How... well, sort of plaintive, almost pathetic. Snif.

Axl_Rose
2006-11-02, 12:23 AM
Elan's concern over Haley seemed a little forced but Thog's Nailing Nale spiel was hilarious lol.

rwald
2006-11-02, 12:25 AM
Maybe this is how the gift-horse thing comes out: Elan's thinking back to his adventures makes him understand Haley's feelings for him.

Or not.

Grey Watcher
I have one word for you Rich Burlew:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA*snort*HAHAHAHAHAHA!

PS: My mother, who I recently got into OotS and who came over to see what had paralyzed me with laughter, wants to know how many cups of coffee it took to write Thog's line about Nale Nailing Not-Nale. (I had to show it to her because that's what made me laugh out loud.)

Also, I think Elan just figured out how he feels for Haley.

Cybella
Hehe. Not-Nale not Nale.
That was great

TinSoldier
2006-11-02, 12:26 AM
Maybe this one should have been called "The right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

I liked this one, but because I am otherwise occupied I can't rate it yet.

Watching some Tenchi Muyo.

GenericFighter
Thog exposition makes my head hurt. So would this qualify as "Elan is smart" evidence or "Elan is dumb" evidence? Sort of a toss-up IMO.

Frozen_Northman
Awww..... Elan finally realizes that he has feelings for Haley. Or at least, he feels differently than he normally feels about the rest of the Order.

Platinum_Mongoose
I do believe that this is the single best comic to date. Hilarious, tense, heartbreaking, and heartwarming all at once. And it's a friggin' STICK FIGURE COMIC!

Giant, you give meaning to the internet.

Krimm_Blackleaf
You're a genius, Rich.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-11-02, 12:27 AM
Not...nale...nail...

Oooooooow. My brain.

Bravo.

Sol
2006-11-02, 12:28 AM
aww, that was so incredibly sweet. I love Elan.

WinterWolf
2006-11-02, 12:29 AM
Does the gotee impart knowledge and/or wisdom? because ever since he lost it it seems like Nale has been acting stupider, and in this comic Elan seems to be acting smarter than normal.

And also HOLY CRAP! Is Elan starting to realise he loves Haley?

TakZero
2006-11-02, 12:30 AM
Poor Elan...

D:

Additionally, if only that officer took the time to understand Thog...

Penny
*sniff, sniff* Poor Elan. That's so poignant, especially the way the last line was delivered - no exclamation marks, all-caps, etc.

Grim Greyscale
Not-nale not-nail Wha? Did anyone elses brain implode at that bit?

Winged One
2006-11-02, 12:31 AM
Sad Stories of the Amusing Moron Block... :nale:

Atheist_Cleric
2006-11-02, 12:31 AM
Damn, you could get a migraine from reading that speech of Thog's, if you werent laughing so hard. Poor Elan, it was a nice touch that he didnt seem at all concerned for his welfare, only worried about two things: One, that the imprisonment was based on a wrong premise, and two, his teammates. Interesting how he seemed so focused on Haley, he's always been almost totally oblivious to the fact that she loves him. I say almost because if you remember the new years eve strip, when Haley's inner loathing was screaming at her to just make out with him, he was standing there....focusng on her, almost like he was waiting for something. I think it would be hilarious if Elan used Thog's idiocy to convince him that he IS Nale, and help him escape.

Grey Watcher
2006-11-02, 12:32 AM
Oh, and, as an added touch, Thog's inability to use capitalization makes his speech there especially mind-bending.

:thog: me loves thog!

TS_SS
2006-11-02, 12:32 AM
Hahaa, nice one. not-nale :D Made my day

So about Elan and Haley. I remember that strip, where Haley was atempting to pick a prison lock in Azure city and Elan heped her, by saying that he trusts in her. So may be it has some relation for Elan understanding Haley`s feelings.

lor_mike
2006-11-02, 12:33 AM
Oh a profession of love for Haley...
Also like the thog speech

ref
2006-11-02, 12:34 AM
Amazing... Thog says all that thing without stuttering, and Elan realizes Haley holds a special place in his heart... Now this is a cliffhanger!

Giant: Was the double length the 75% chance of an extra cominc, or was this a normal schedule, and we still have that 75%? Just curious...

Dabble
2006-11-02, 12:37 AM
Excellent comic as always.

"Thog too pretty for jail" :-)

Looks like someone is beginning to have thoughts for a certain Miss Starshine.

To be continued.....

Argus
2006-11-02, 12:38 AM
Elan's "Can anyone ELSE hear me??" reminded me of Roy's clarification in Strip 342 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0342.html). Of course, Roy had more detail.

Dugray
2006-11-02, 12:40 AM
Aww.. That's so sad

thecommodore6
2006-11-02, 12:42 AM
I just had to register after lurking for about a year.
Once I re-read thog's speech slower it made so much sense that I burst out laughing. It's too bad that guard is as slow as I was when I first read it, as I was completely confused and kind of skimmed it.
Rich Burlew, your are an amazing comic artist.

Yzorth
2006-11-02, 12:45 AM
Ya. This was definitely a good strip.

I can't help, but wonder if Elan has finally realized that Haley likes him, but I don't see why he would realize this now as opposed to any other time. It seems just a bit "off" for the "Elan finally realized" theory to work.

My two copper pieces.

Heads_or_Tails
2006-11-02, 12:46 AM
Soooo... anyone else try saying Thogs nail not-Nale not Nale speech out loud as fast as possible?

Took me three tries.

Grey Watcher
2006-11-02, 12:48 AM
Ya. This was definitely a good strip.

I can't help, but wonder if Elan has finally realized that Haley likes him, but I don't see why he would realize this now as opposed to any other time. It seems just a bit "off" for the "Elan finally realized" theory to work.

My two copper pieces.

I think it's less about him figuring out that Haley likes him and more about him realizing that Haley's a lot more important to him than Roy, Belkar, Vaarsuvius, or Durkon. Heck we might have Elan reunite with the Order and have lots of awkward stuff with neither Haley nor Elan willing to risk being the first to open their mouth about it.

tgva8889
2006-11-02, 12:51 AM
All I can say is, it's about darned time Elan cared about Haley! She's liked him for so long, and he hasn't even noticed at all! Come on, realize you love the girl back! Fall in love! Get your happy ending! Go Elan!

Beside that point, hilarious comic with all the changing-of-stories. I love it. It's hilarious to no end.:smallbiggrin:

Grey Watcher
Soooo... anyone else try saying Thogs nail not-Nale not Nale speech out loud as fast as possible?

Took me three tries.

No, but my mother is trying to set it to music (and damn it, now I'm sold on the idea, too.)

Dugray
It's really amusing saying :thog:'s line slowly to see he really is being honest and in depth about what had happened.. To bad it's so bloody confusing :p

aryeh88
2006-11-02, 12:54 AM
Amazing...and I really enjoyed Thog's Nale, Not-Nale speech.

TS_SS
2006-11-02, 12:55 AM
It's really amusing saying Thog's line slowly to see he really is being honest and in depth about what had happened.. To bad it's so bloody confusing :p

Yea, and you get confused when you read it, but when you are TOLD that line, you get totaly mixed up.

Muscadine
2006-11-02, 12:58 AM
Thog too pretty for jail, HAHA

teratorn
2006-11-02, 01:02 AM
Ah so sweet... and Thog is clearly much much better than Belkon...

"thog too pretty for jail"
"thog hears you"

These crack me up (I'm easily amused).

zibeck
2006-11-02, 01:04 AM
Thog rules!

'nuff said.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-11-02, 01:05 AM
Aww. I didn't know Elan felt like THAT. Maybe there's hope after all.

(Elan/Thog adventure FTW!)

Felinoid
2006-11-02, 01:09 AM
What was that saying again? "The one-eyed man will lead the blind, and jail the foolish." Great strip. Some nice Thog and Elan jokes, moved the plot well...just about all I could ask.

Only took me one try to get that horrendous speech out of my mouth, though it tensed up my tongue pretty good by the end. Between reading it and laughing that loud, my head hurts now. I'm going to bed.

Solmage
2006-11-02, 01:11 AM
Dun dun duuunnnn!

Jonsayt
2006-11-02, 01:17 AM
Hahahaha. Thog gets all the best lines.

Me love :thog:

Adder
2006-11-02, 01:22 AM
At long last! There's hope for our favourite OotS-Couple. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

humanpylon
2006-11-02, 01:27 AM
Awwww poor Elan! All by himself and finally realizing that Haley is important to him.

So apparantly Thog doesn't know anyone's name other than Nale? Remember he also called Roy "talky man" or something.

Flame_Drake
2006-11-02, 01:29 AM
Wow, that's a pretty powerful strip.

Drake

zimri
2006-11-02, 01:33 AM
The giant made me cry

Thomar_of_Uointer
2006-11-02, 01:37 AM
Wow, Elan being alone and having to think for himself is going to be interesting. He's going to be force-fed some character development! Lessee, what spells does a level 14 bard have access to...

Dream? Oh, Roy's going to be pissed.

:roy: "I get enough of you while I'm awake!"

Or, there's an alternate hypothesis...

:haley: "Umm... Elan? I can't speak outside of my head, remember?"

Or even...

:belkar: "Why the %$#@ did you pick me!"

DaveBo
2006-11-02, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=TinSoldier;1499440]
QUOTE]

Strips are being RATED?

And I infer were not even talking G versus X here.

Maybe its just TinSoldier's hobby, or are there "Strip Ratings" that can be seen?

It doesn't occur to me to criticize gifts of art from the Giant; I am just happy they exist, and are oft so enjoyable. (e.g. "Evilgasm") Being able to relive Magical ones w/o memorizing their numbers or scrolling back through history, that Would be nice, though.

Is it true they have Ratings? or is that just someone's musing..?

Alsadius
2006-11-02, 01:53 AM
You know what this is starting to remind me of? Futurama. No, really. You watch a couple seasons of it and laugh at the dumb guy who makes all the jokes work, but then as soon as something really serious happens, you realize that you truly give a damn about the character. I've always had just about Roy's view of Elan - that he's an annoying twit most of the time - but after reading this strip I just realized he's an annoying twit that I actually care about. Also, it's got the same sort of skill at keeping it funny while giving it enough meat that nobody is reading it for the jokes anymore(I stopped doing that 200 strips ago). Bloody brilliant.

KeiranHalcyon
2006-11-02, 01:53 AM
I think that's the most Thog's ever said in a single speech bubble. The best part of that strip for me, though, was the "I did a good job" grin on Thog's face after he delivers it.

Nedlum
2006-11-02, 01:54 AM
This strip demanded that I register after more than a year of lurking. Because this is, I'm quite certain, the best strip in the canon, and I say this as someone who has thrilled to Control Weather. The first page was fine, nothing abnormal but fine; Elan's bumbling was adorable. Thog's nale nails and knots not-nale gave it a sizable shove.

But the end... There is some real pathos here; Elan is just so simple, and there is beauty in his ego-less simplicity.

Wunderhund
2006-11-02, 01:58 AM
Awesome comic!

spoiler...
I don't think Elan needs to trick Thog into helping him escape. It's just a matter of waiting for Thog's boredom-driven rampage. Besides, how cool will it be to have "the adventures of Elan and Thog" as they quest back to Azure city on foot? :thog:

carabaldo
2006-11-02, 02:02 AM
Strips are being RATED?

Maybe its just TinSoldier's hobby, or are there "Strip Ratings" that can be seen?

I do believe that it's tin soldier's hobby

Martok
2006-11-02, 02:03 AM
A very good strip, Giant. Some good chuckles (Thog rules!), along with a big old "Awww" for Elan realizing Haley is especially important to him.

And Elan is now on his own, forced to rely on himself for the first time....ever, perhaps? It'll be interesting to see how he gets himself out of his predicament.

@Wunderhund: I agree; that would be quite amusing!

oogabooga
2006-11-02, 02:04 AM
This was a fabulous comic. I love the way you make it serious and touching but still manage to fit it plenty of jokes (of course, the extra-long format this time helps a bit). The last three panels are especially powerful - as someone else mentioned, the understated last line just makes it that much better.

Only my third post ever about the comic, which I think indicates how much I liked this one...

Loki_d20
2006-11-02, 02:11 AM
Thog steals the scene again ("thog too pretty for jail.").

And, as far as Elan, I don't think he's ignorant or just realizing how he feels for Haley. I think a lot of people take him for granted, and he surely does say things and act in a manner that makes it hard to not draw this conclusion, but I think he has a finger on the pulse of certain cituations better than any other group member (such as, I think he knows what Haley says). I got that feeling from the restaurant date they had.

Djagir
2006-11-02, 02:19 AM
Aww, that's touching... Personally, I think that Elan just knows instinctively at a gut level how he feels about Haley without ever actually consciously processing it or comprehending it--it drives him without his being able to state clearly why, but, at the same time, it's such a part of him on a basic level that he doesn't argue with the conclusions it drives him to (not that I think he's very deeply introspective anyway)...

...You know, I think I may have to let Thog make these sorts of explanations from now on.

WarriorTribble
2006-11-02, 02:20 AM
Poor Elan... I wonder what's going to happen to Thog. Would Nale acutally sacrifice him?

Zeb The Troll
2006-11-02, 02:27 AM
(such as, I think he knows what Haley says). I got that feeling from the restaurant date they had.
I definitely didn't get the feeling that he can understand her. Remember :elan: "I think 'rdjy' means 'salad'." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html)?

Acksiom
2006-11-02, 02:48 AM
Yeah, "Thog too pretty for jail". . .I just. . .I. . .

<breaks down in helpless laughter again>

. . .oh, man, Rich. . .I'm gonna be laughing at that for days.

I want the t-shirt -- a big green disembodied Thog head with that worried-looking expression, and the bolded lowercase dialogue underneath.

Loki_d20
2006-11-02, 02:53 AM
I definitely didn't get the feeling that he can understand her. Remember :elan: "I think 'rdjy' means 'salad'." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html)?Elan just can't be that dense. I can't believe it. It's all a part of his normal idiocy, but deep underneath he really understands what's going on.

FuziSlipers
2006-11-02, 02:55 AM
Awwwww *melts into a puddle of "omgzthatwassosweet" goo*

The Hammer of Thor
2006-11-02, 03:10 AM
So...
Thog DID give away Nale's plan. Just to bad he garbled it.
'thog to pretty for jail'
I also like Wunderhund's spoiler idea. That would be hilarious.

Selgeron
2006-11-02, 03:12 AM
Shouldn't Elan's charisma make him at least a tiny bit better at dealing with that guard? Well I guess it's a stressful situation but still...

Fale
2006-11-02, 03:13 AM
Interesting comic. Elan seemed pretty intelligent in this comic. Most of Elan's lines ended him saying something stupid (and laughable), this one didn't.

Also seems to have some feelings for Haley too.

ElfLad
2006-11-02, 03:16 AM
Glad to see we haven't seen the end of Thog.

Final panel was powerful.

Beleriphon
2006-11-02, 03:36 AM
Ah :thog: who would :nale: nail not-:nale: wihtout you? Poor :elan: worrying about :haley:...

Sorry, but these smilies are too much fun.:biggrin:

faerwain
2006-11-02, 03:37 AM
Huh. Was quite confusing to see Elan form such long speeches with sense in it. Must be one of the very rare occasions he realizes a situation is serious.
And of course I join the chorus: Thog's speech is an absolute classic, though hard to read right after getting up

All I can say is, it's about darned time Elan cared about Haley! She's liked him for so long, and he hasn't even noticed at all!

Mh, I don't agree. I think Elan is just always to busy having fun in his life and enjoying everything ("I'm on an adventure!") to really show or even realize what Haley means to him, but from time to time it comes through. Strip 200 comes to my mind: :elan: "But remember, I like you in one big Haley-shaped piece, so try to come back that way."

Pantler
2006-11-02, 03:38 AM
I was a bit like a soldier from the old joke: laughed first time when I read it, second time when I understood Thog's line :elan: It was great. And maybe finally Elan will move his butt...

battleburn
2006-11-02, 03:44 AM
Strips are being RATED?

Yes they are, he makes a habbit out of it and he even made a seperate thread for it to discuss it with others.
Don't worry its not for critisism, just an urge to see how his rating compares to the rating of others.

I think there will be an awkward moment when OotS is reunited and Eland storms right into Haleys arms.

Or they will meet in the trial and his hart gets broken seeing Nale stirring up the crowd and OotS to get Elan executed
I loved thog's speech.

Nightstallion
2006-11-02, 03:49 AM
::sighs:: I have said it before and I'll say it again: I can't stand the utter injustice of classical mistaken identity stories. Poor Elan. ::sobs::

Fenix
2006-11-02, 04:26 AM
Finaly, Elan found himself in a company where HE is the smartest :D

KIDS
2006-11-02, 04:28 AM
Trying to plead insanity?
LOL!
Real fun this one, I gotta show it to some people playing int 3 half-orcs as a tip "how to roleplay" :)
not-not-not nale!

NisseBosseLasse
2006-11-02, 04:44 AM
Awwwwwww :)

I have to go and look up "offal" now...

Telinyth
2006-11-02, 04:48 AM
Okay, here's the thing: How long is it going to take Thog to figure out that he's also in line for trial and execution? I mean, I know he's not the sharpest tack, but despite a confusing way of expressing himself, he seems to have a fairly good grasp of Nale's plan. Wherein did he fail to realize that he had been set up to take the fall with Elan?

Hototo
2006-11-02, 04:50 AM
YAY! Elan loves Haley.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-02, 04:55 AM
It makes you wish that all the physcopathic killers in the world where more like Thog...

:thog:

Very good, and very mind warping trying to work out thogs speech.

eFFeeMMe
2006-11-02, 05:05 AM
Great strips, Giant. The story was getting kind of heavy, this scene was really refreshing :smallsmile:

The Glitter Ninja
2006-11-02, 05:21 AM
Aw, so sweet.

I confess, I don't see where I can get a Thog smiley. And there's nothing I want more right now than a Thog smiley.

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-02, 05:27 AM
Can't read all of this, may have been said before..
Thog smiley is colonthogcolon, with : instead of colon, :thog:

Try reading out the not nale bit out loud, it's great. Definately makes me rethink who the funniest character is.

Gygaxphobia
2006-11-02, 06:44 AM
Okay, here's the thing: How long is it going to take Thog to figure out that he's also in line for trial and execution? I mean, I know he's not the sharpest tack, but despite a confusing way of expressing himself, he seems to have a fairly good grasp of Nale's plan. Wherein did he fail to realize that he had been set up to take the fall with Elan?

you're right, he will keep trying to explain Nale's plan (he doesn't lie) but no one will understand him (maybe Haley?)

soozenw
2006-11-02, 06:46 AM
that last pane was so cute. "i have to warn haley". aw.

smellie_hippie
2006-11-02, 06:54 AM
Funny, heart-warming, and possibly needs an epilepsy warning :thog:. What more could you ask for in a web-comic!? I think Elan may have realised that he has feelings for Haley, but maybe not quite the depths of them yet. Thog is still hung up on "offal"... nale nail not-nale... tee hee. ow! :smallwink:

Ryngard
2006-11-02, 07:12 AM
I feel so bad for Elan! :( /sniffle

Kaerou
2006-11-02, 07:28 AM
Aww, poor Elan.
Spoiler highlight: I think Thog will team up with Elan and they will become the awesome duo of awesomeness.

Everto
2006-11-02, 07:41 AM
I think panel 5 of the second page was the first time Elan was actually angry.
Otherwise I concur with the stuff other people have said already.

Allandaros
2006-11-02, 07:49 AM
I would say something insightful, but I was overawed by Thog's tale of how Nale nailed not-Nale. Thog, Good Line Point awarded!

...I really think that's gotta be the first time someone said "I was overawed by Thog".

mggreenberg
2006-11-02, 07:50 AM
I didn't realize that Thog's last name was "Seuss".

Thog kill fox, 'cause Nale want socks . . .

- MGG

Elcaz
2006-11-02, 08:08 AM
Bravo! Bravissimo!

Finally we find out Elan feels something for Haley. That was very well done. I'm surprised at how much I care about these stick figures. To think the first time I got introduced to this comic, I didn't bother to give it the time of day because the art seemed so unrredeemably flat.

Nale nail Not-nale was brilliant.

Miklus
2006-11-02, 08:36 AM
So it's true what they say...You dont realize how much you love something until you loose it. Makes me feel all warm inside...or maybe thats the soup I just ate.

Can Elan escape from jail on his own? I doubt it, I don't see how. Can he make Thog help him? Maybe Thog can just bend the bars with his superhuman strengh any time he wants to. Can Elan outsmart Thog or is that a violation of the very definition of the word? Those two working together would be like Dumb and Dumber! Make up more questions youself and stay tuned!

Sereno
2006-11-02, 08:37 AM
Rich, you are a genius.

Not only is the Nale not-Nale speech great, but the...

"Can anyone hear me?"
"thog hears you!"
"Can anyone ELSE hear me?"

...lines were great!

Also fabulous job on that last panel ... amazing how such a simple image can convey such strong emotions.... Poor Elan.

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-02, 08:37 AM
I agree with Kaerou, think that's fairly likely.

drewnchick
2006-11-02, 08:38 AM
I have been struck with a sincere and profound interest in the lives of these characters, but this comic has firmly cemented that.

I've been here before. It took a whole season of "The Simpsons" before I realized they were not just a crudely drawn, improperly-colored, 2-D laugh-a-thon. I quickly became interested in the characters, and the "touching" episodes were as meaningful as the silly episodes were...well...silly.

Ditto "Calvin & Hobbes." I began laughing it up, then took an interest in the art, and then finally became interested in the characters...all of them, even the minor ones (like Rosalyn). They took on a semblance of life, and I was more eager to see the progression of the story and the interaction than a mere punchline.

And now there's "The Order of the Stick." It's happening all over again.

From my point of view, you're in good company, Giant. :smile:

Godehart
2006-11-02, 08:51 AM
Too bad that guard can't hear the diffrence between not Nale and not-Nale...

Godehart
2006-11-02, 08:52 AM
It would be cool if Elan could convince Thog that he really is Nale...

The Glitter Ninja
2006-11-02, 08:57 AM
You know, once you translate Thog's lines, he's actually telling the truth. Huh. :thog:

Faoga
2006-11-02, 08:58 AM
If Thog and not-nale escape together there is another way than by foot. There is a couple of airships round the city. Imagine :thog: and :elan: in a zepelin, trying not to crash and then come swinging down from heaven to save the day (and haley).

Kython
2006-11-02, 09:03 AM
I just love thog's speech, between his blatant honesty in revealing the entire scheme, and the choice of words he used... awesome

SteveMB
2006-11-02, 09:10 AM
that last pane was so cute. "i have to warn haley". aw.
It occurs to me that if Elan manages to get hold of one of Pompey's Sending scrolls and contacts Haley (he wouldn't think it through and realize he ought to pick somebody else), that will set up a situation where she'll desperately need to either get her speech back or figure out a way to expose Nale without talking

asmira
2006-11-02, 09:42 AM
First off, I have to say: I am a serial lurker, always have been. Never like to say something that's already been said (and usually like... 30 times already on this forum :smallsmile:) So, go Giant! Good job, I absolutely love the comic.

About Elan: I've never really seen him as dumb, per se... but more simple. He enjoys life, and is honest. I can't remember him ever going against those two principles, really. Especially when it's to his disadvantage to be simple, enjoy life and be honest. :smallbiggrin:
So, on that note, I assume he's always had feelings for Haley, and it's not a 'he's realizing his feelings' thing, so much as he's just expressing them to us. He's commonly seen spending extra time with Haley, so it makes since to me that perhaps he's always liked her, and never seen the need to discuss it with everyone else. In order to 'realize' something, he'd have to have supressed it in some way. I think he's too simple for that, and far too honest. Maybe Elan just saw him liking Haley as a non-issue.

About Thog: tee hee... thog rocks. Ever since we met him, he's always been my favorite ^^ :thog: = happiness.

Querzis
2006-11-02, 09:44 AM

Why do you think Thog is gonna be executed? The trial will be held in six month and those guard are so weak that Pompey could easely get Leeky and Thog out of prison all by himself. Nale is Lawful Evil, I'm pretty sure he will try to get them out of jail, especially since it wont change is plan and Leeky and Thog can still be very usefull to him.

Anyway, Best line ever Thog. Me love Thog

charik
2006-11-02, 09:55 AM
I have to say, I'm glad I've wasted my early morning reading this comic instead of doing what I was supposed to before work. The emotions in this comic are alot like my own this week: all over the place (we buried my dad Tuesday). However, :thog:'s not nale, not-nale speech had me laughing out loud so much, I'm still laughing after reading all four pages of comments.

Thanks, Rich. I needed that.

Deuce
2006-11-02, 09:55 AM
If (spoiler deleted) . . .

I like it, a realization of Chekov's law . . . :smallcool:

TinSoldier
2006-11-02, 09:56 AM

Strips are being RATED?

And I infer were not even talking G versus X here.

It doesn't occur to me to criticize gifts of art from the Giant; I am just happy they exist, and are oft so enjoyable. (e.g. "Evilgasm") Being able to relive Magical ones w/o memorizing their numbers or scrolling back through history, that Would be nice, though.

Is it true they have Ratings? or is that just someone's musing..?Yes. Because it is fun.

It was actually theKOT's idea and I just joined in so it isn't just me.

Telinyth
2006-11-02, 10:03 AM
Why do you think Thog is gonna be executed? The trial will be held in six month and those guard are so weak that Pompey could easely get Leeky and Thog out of prison all by himself. Nale is Lawful Evil, I'm pretty sure he will try to get them out of jail, especially since it wont change is plan and Leeky and Thog can still be very usefull to him.

Here's my perception of things, with the obvious caveat that it is only my perception: Thog is the only member of the Linear Guild left in Cliffport who actually has any loyalty to Nale. Windstaff was in on it presumably only to get revenge upon urban sprawl, and Pompey has already illustrated a willingness to turncoat (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0356.html) if he stands to benefit from it.

Now, the problem I foresee is that Nale is on the verge of becoming embroiled within the OoTS's main quest (the Xykon/Gate/Snarl business), when what he intended was likely only a quick butchering. So my question is: at what point does Thog realize that Nale isn't coming back anytime soon? And, given that Thog is somewhat short in the brains category, is he likely to feel betrayed, and to realize that he is also in line to share Elan's fate?

Just my thoughts.

Faramir
2006-11-02, 10:12 AM
Awww...

And what if [Spoiler]

Elan convinces Thog that he's really Nale and gets
Thog to help him escape? What a pair they would make blundering across the countryside, probably arriving at Azure City just in time to meet Xykon while Roy et al are off at Girard's gate. And even without ice cream Elan could keep Thog happy with the illusion of a puppy.

Thog knot not-Nale. Brilliant.

TaxiMan
2006-11-02, 10:14 AM
Maybe Elan only realizes he has feelings for Haley when he's in jail...

:)

Omniplex
2006-11-02, 10:18 AM
Wow. Thog's monologue cracked me up. Everything that half-orc says is gold. :thog:

asmira
2006-11-02, 10:22 AM
Faramir: good point on that last part, I would have never thought of that. and the thought of it is too cute.

Pequod
2006-11-02, 10:22 AM
Bravo Rich,

Thog is brilliant !!! Did anyone notice the smile on his face after his 'explanation' another subtle example of genius

nybbler
2006-11-02, 10:23 AM
Now we definitely know how to pronounce "Nale", anyway.

thog help nale nail not-nale so not-nale rot in jail.

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 10:28 AM
So I've been lurking for a while, and decided to finally register. It seems this comic has done that for a lot of people.

Anyway, the problem with Thog's speech is that, even though he's telling the truth, the guard is hearing it and not reading it. It gets especially confusing with the puns (nail and knot), which I think were hilarious. So even though for a minute I thought that maybe Thog, of all people, would be the one to clear Elan's name, it seems that he confused the guard a bit much.

I also thought that for a minute, Elan would also convince the guard it wasn't him, but then he had to go and tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. (Of course) That's actually one of the things I absolutely love about Elan though. He has a simple honesty that he sticks to even if it would get him killed. Certainly, you could say it's more of his "stupidity," but I think that lying doesn't even occur to him. He certainly can realize other people can lie ("Bluff bluff bluff the stupid ogres") but I don't think he does. Except in that bit where he disguised himself as an ogre.

Anyway, he's certainly not lying here, and neither is Thog. Even though the guard doesn't know that, wouldn't you think that he could put together both of the characters' pleas and realize that something else is going on? "Wait, he says he's not Nale and the half-orc says he's not Nale...or was that not-not-Nale?"

Anyway, I'd be suspicious if I were him.

I loved how Elan was especially worried about Haley, as everyone seems to see, but I also love how he was worried about everyone else, even Belkar. Elan is incapable of disliking people, I think. In fact, I think he's completely incapable of evil. (Such as when he rescued Nale from the ledge he was hanging onto...an important plot AND character element)

I absolutely love this comic, I love the characters and I love the style chosen to convey it. The Giant has shown that he's quite capable of drawing in any style he wants (I realized this with the "sketch artist," which was a hilarious bit, especially because at first I was thinking "Oh, it'd be easy to be a sketch artist here!") and I realized that if he had been drawing in that style, I don't think I'd like it as much. It probably wouldn't be as humorous, but I also think that I wouldn't have as much feeling for the characters as I do.

Anyway, I hope that Elan convinces Thog to help him. Not that he's Nale, but I think it would be neat if he convinced Thog that Nale abandoned him (which wouldn't exactly be a lie) and that he should help Elan. Or if he just convinced him to help him get out of jail so that Thog could reunite with Nale, and then Thog realizes himself that Nale abandoned him. I don't know how, but I think turning Thog over to the side of the Order would be hilarious AND touching.

Amaroq
2006-11-02, 10:40 AM
All I was going to say was, "Yay! Double-strip goodness!"

My favorite panel was the one with no verbiage, right after Thog's (hilarious) soliloquy - the smile on Thog's face, the guard's frown as he tries to parse what was just said... yet again, its the facial expressions!

Erloas
2006-11-02, 10:51 AM
It seems like Thog is smarter then Elan, not a big accomplishment I admit. Thog might be articulate but he is never as confused as Elan, he did a much better job at explaining what happened too.

I think Elan always liked Haley, but since they were always together there was no reason to really put any thought or action into it

I also think Nale probably just left Thog to fend for himself after this. He probably told Thog he would come back and get him, but I after Nales plan is done he wouldn't have much use for Thog and wouldn't risk himself to break Thog out of jail. My bet is what is going to happen is that Cliffport will go through the trail very quickly and Thog will release that even if Nale was going to come back and get him he couldn't do it in time, so Thog will end up killing his way out of jail and Elan will go with him. I know he doesn't have any weapons but that would be but a minor inconveniece for Thog compared to some low level warriors.

Frozen_Northman
2006-11-02, 10:52 AM
And for those keeping score....

:thog: not-nale, naught. nale, not not-nale, not naught.

theKOT
2006-11-02, 11:07 AM
Very well done. Wow, the pacing was brilliant and the character development(revealorment?) helped to make up for the lack of plot motion. The jokes were good, but the real strength of this comic is how it shows a side of Elan some had guessed at but none knew for sure. The zoom out, the pauses, and everything just made this a very touching and wonderful OOTS moment. 10/10

Ego Slayer
2006-11-02, 11:09 AM
:thog:thog too pretty for jail.
Awesome comic! ^_^

Morchaint
2006-11-02, 11:19 AM
awww. poor elan. stupid yet funny thog.

typical. I get an avatar. and then a week later we dont use them anymore X(

Sir_Norbert
2006-11-02, 11:22 AM
Curious fact (well, opinion, if you're being picky): it seems 7 is a lucky number. Every recent strip ending in 7 has been golden.

Spoiler: What happened to Leeky? He was last seen firmly under control, and there's no hint of Nale or Sabine sneaking him away; why isn't he in jail too?

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 12:14 PM
And for those keeping score....

:thog: not-nale, naught. nale, not not-nale, not naught.

I can't say anything to that but "LOL"

That's the kind of thing that my RPG group wants to shoot me for. Puns!

(We kill a dragon, and the ogre wants to pull its carcass along... "What's that you're draggin'?" I ask.)

Lloyd
2006-11-02, 12:16 PM
Why do I get the distinct impression that

Thog is going to somehow help Elan out of this situation, much to Nale's disbelief and chagrin?

Anyone else have two copper they'd like to chip in on this theory?

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 12:32 PM
Why do I get the distinct impression that

Thog is going to somehow help Elan out of this situation, much to Nale's disbelief and chagrin?

Anyone else have two copper they'd like to chip in on this theory?

I agree, I think that would be funny too.

Also, I was just thinking about how the oracle said Elan would get a happy ending, but he said "For you, at least." Now, this strip seems to imply that he wouldn't really be happy unless the rest of them were safe too, doesn't it?

Tariskat
2006-11-02, 01:10 PM
But... guys...
Didn't Nale say that the half-elf would watch the jail? won't he prevent elan from escaping, or at least mess him up or slow him down? I think he's a good enough wizard to stop elan and thog. C'mon... it's Elan. and Thog.
I don't know how to change the font anymore. sorry!

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 01:15 PM
Well Pompey might be a bit aggrevated that Nale left him behind. The only reason he did was because Sadine didn't want to fly him to Azure City. So maybe he'd also help.

fithi
2006-11-02, 01:18 PM
Awww... Elan realizes that Haley means something to him... so cute.

*snicker* I loved Thog's speech. Amusing comic, Giant.

Mr_Saturn
2006-11-02, 01:39 PM
One of your best comics, gotta love thog. =)

battleburn
2006-11-02, 01:44 PM
Wow, we finally got official Spoiler tags :biggrin:

The only thing we need now is people that can think of good spoilers. ;-)

But seriously, its cool how Elan cares most of Roy, then Durkon, then V and finally Belkar. Haley was left out for maximum effect at the end. That's not caring, that is pure love.
So what will happen now? Since Nale is in a battle with himself about what he has to do...
If he kills them, the world is going to end, if he doesn't kill them, he misses his revenge.
But the solution is simple. He helps OotS save the world as Elan, then he is going to get extra revenge on Elan by letting his friends convict Elan to death. Afterwards he is going to kill the OotS one by one and accidentally says the four words for unlimited power. (It never said that they only work for V) Nale becomes undisputed ruler of the multiverse and defeates the snarl when he is destracted getting rid of the gods.
Nale lives happily ever after. The oracle was mistaken and saw Nale instead of Elan having a happy end.

As for those people who think this spoiler was total bullsh*t...

They are probably right :biggrin:

Holy_Knight
2006-11-02, 01:46 PM
Awwwwwwww, I always knew that Elan cared more about Haley than anyone else. :)

It's time for a heroic escape! God speed, Elan.

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 01:57 PM
But seriously, its cool how Elan cares most of Roy, then Durkon, then V and finally Belkar. Haley was left out for maximum effect at the end. That's not caring, that is pure love.

Are you sure you don't mean it's not not-caring? :P

But yeah, I agree that it's in order of importance, except for Haley. I think that he left her out at first because he subconsciously didn't want to deal with that thought. And that shows the greatest effect for how much he cares.

*tears up a bit*

EmeraldFire
2006-11-02, 02:15 PM
so sad, how is he going to prove that he's innocent?! HOW?!?!

good comic rich :)

Baldknight
2006-11-02, 02:45 PM
Poor Elan.
Nearly brought a tear to my eye.

theKOT
2006-11-02, 03:27 PM
So does the fact that this is a double-lengther mean there will be no extra strip this week?

Metool2
2006-11-02, 03:45 PM
Alright, I'v been reading this comic for a year... And this comic is worth me registering to comment on.

XD This is the funniest/saddest comic i'v read to date!! The not nale, not-nale thing had my falling out of my chair laughing each time I tried to read it with a straight face (Took 5 readings before I got to the end).

Also, poor Elan... XD I think he just made his case far worse by his little admition. Then again, it wasn't just Roy's dad, it was Lord Shojo too, so technically it was still a legal mockery of law. o.o

sugarmouse121
2006-11-02, 03:57 PM
Great comic!
Also, nice new forum.

Not really a spoiler below, just testing.
Do we still have to label each spoiler topic with "spoiler"?

5tephen
2006-11-02, 04:04 PM
Oh my sweet Lord!

That is just too, too good. On every level. Plot, Humour (OH! the humour!) Character....

You're the best, Rich. Just the Best.

Mr_Shrubber
2006-11-02, 04:07 PM
Lovely comic. Me love :thog:!

Also, my first post on the new forum. Karma-riffic! :elan:

Godehart
2006-11-02, 04:10 PM
The Oracle has mistaken Elan for Nale and everyone from Nales group will die a painfull death. Nale will have a happy ending, because he will save the world together with the OOTS and they will all live happily ever after... :thog:

Ascobol
2006-11-02, 04:21 PM
Awww, that's sad...

*snuggles Elan*

Go on, you can do it!

Ronald_saveloy
2006-11-02, 04:25 PM
I just wonder: Would that monologue qualify Thog for the role of V in V for Vendetta?

V's monologue: Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into poster on wall]
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
[giggles]
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I also think that :nale: wants to get rid of :thog:. When :nale: exposed his masterplan at the mages academy, he had calculated the propability of :thog: being killed.
Anyway, if :thog: and :elan: would escape, there will definitely be a great showdown including :nale:, that b*tch :sabine:, :haley:, :roy:, :durkon:, :vaarsuvius: and :belkar:.

(I like those Smileys :biggrin:)

divine
2006-11-02, 04:26 PM
I must admit the comics don't always make me laugh out loud.. but this one had me cracking up! seriously: "pleading insanity then?" and "thog hears you" totally gave me a giggle-fest, thanks Rich! <3

CockroachTeaParty
2006-11-02, 04:35 PM
Ah ha ha! Excellent. Well done, good sir. Keep up the fine work. Thog gets better with age, like cheese potatoe soup.

Belphegor
2006-11-02, 04:40 PM
Somehow I think not-nale and thog will escape prison... My guess that Thog will escape first and not nale (Elan) will somehow convince thog to free him (my guess bribe including ice cream, puppies or both). :smallbiggrin:

Oh yeah me likes :thog:

Celisasu
2006-11-02, 05:16 PM
The only question is will there be any police left alive after Thog escapes?

Taren
2006-11-02, 05:27 PM
Poor Elan... he was promised a happy ending, but he was never guarenteed a happy STORY... nor was he guarenteed happy endings for everyone else.

Perhaps this is how the story ends... with Elan getting a happy ending by ultimately being found innocent, (SOMEHOW) and finding some sort of "happiness" in Cliffport, but the rest of the party dying horribly due to some unforseen threat.

*Thinks about it for a sec*

Naaaaah....

Come on Elan! You can do it! I know you can break of out jail...SOMEHOW...

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 05:29 PM
I just don't think Elan will be happy unless his friends are safe and preferably happy. Especially Haley.

I hope it ends happily for Elan and Haley. And Thog.

Eldhrin
2006-11-02, 05:44 PM
That is the best Thog line ever. I can't wait to see if Thog and Elan come to some sort of an understanding while they're in prison. I think it would be nice - they're both innocents in their own way.

But poor Elan. I really feel very sorry for him now :-(

:thog:

Soniku
2006-11-02, 05:48 PM
I personally hate Thog (because it seems a law now that all comics, cartoons and movies must contain one character who is at least three of the following: fat, stupid, strong, angry, evil, honest, can't speak properly) but he gets a point from me for his not nail, not-nail thing :p

Great comic once again!

Itdano
2006-11-02, 06:08 PM
Thog make me crosse eyed. Thog make me happy. Thog so pretty.

Brilliant comic. Genius. I laughed. I cried. I laughed until I cried. It was beautiful. Thank you, Rich. Thank you.

Mr Wizard
2006-11-02, 06:09 PM
I really want to see Elan mad.

I want to see him do this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0017.html), but on a more... Nale-like canvas.

And it was really interesting to see how much the art style has grown since that comic!

the_tick_rules
2006-11-02, 06:14 PM
does that not nale thing remind anyone else of who's on first? or the seinfeld key scenario for the young ones.

SupraGuy
2006-11-02, 06:36 PM
Brilliant. Absolutely priceless. :elan: "I have to warn Haley!" Aww, how touching!

:thog: "not nale. not-nale." A work of literary art. Of course, we, reading the homophones can see that Thog is telling the literal and absolute truth. Even validating Elan's claim of innocence.
Personally, I think that Elan's happy ending involves at least Haley and Roy surviving. Durkon may or may not get to return to his dwarven homeland (and all that implies) in this quest. I have some suspicions about V obtaining ultimate power, but I'm not ready to put that out there just yet. It's fun to speculate.

Woo! I'm invisible!

Solara
2006-11-02, 07:49 PM
Oh God, this was fantastic. Another one of those strips that kind of jerks the emotions around, from laughing so hard one second to being really, really proud of Elan and kind of sad at the poignancy of that last panel the next.

So wonderful that Elan has finally realized he loves Haley, and like others here I'm really looking forward to seeing what he's like when he has to get serious and actually think his way out of this situation, all on his own.

I'm also thrilling at the thought of him and Thog working together...I love Thog (*ahem* I'm sorry, me loves thog :thog:.) Just think about it, Elan will have to be to Thog as Roy is to Elan. :wink:

Blaznak
2006-11-02, 07:52 PM
This was very funny stuff, especially Thog.

Now, this is a hard series of strips for me to read. For some wacky DNA reason, I get all creeped out by "wrongfully accused" stories, even at an OOTS level. Still, I keep coming back, so Rich must be balancing that out on some other level.

I'll be happy when Nale not Nale not Nale and Nale not not Nale Nale... :)

Later!

MrsbwcMD
2006-11-02, 08:25 PM
"Thog too pretty for jail!" Too funny! One of the best strips I've read, so far. Thanks, Rich, for making my evening!

Nightfall
2006-11-02, 08:46 PM
So wonderful that Elan has finally realized he loves Haley, and like others here I'm really looking forward to seeing what he's like when he has to get serious and actually think his way out of this situation, all on his own.

I agree. It's about time to see that Elan's not just another "18 Charisma under the hood".

DougWykstra
2006-11-02, 08:48 PM
Funny. Everyone's saying that Elan just figured out that he loved Haley, but I'd say that if he has at all, he realized it back in strip 200.

the_tick_rules
2006-11-02, 08:51 PM
i don't think elan loves haley yet. because she's been all in his business lately he probably thought of her first. she dragged him out for dinner and he spent half the night saying blah, he doesn't get it, and by her i mean her advances.

Sliverghost
2006-11-02, 09:17 PM
Man, that was great. I loved Thog's line. I had to read through it just to make sure it made sense, and it does :thog:.

Poor, poor Elan.

How does it make sence? i went over it like 20 times i only get the last part

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 09:18 PM
Replace every instance of "not-nale" with "Elan." I think that helps a bit.

Finwe
2006-11-02, 09:59 PM
Thog say's:

That's not nale: he's Elan. (not nale. not-nale.) I helped Nale to capture Elan(thog help nale nail not-nale); I didn't nail Nale (not nale). I tied up Elan while Nale got him drunk/did the switch (thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale). Nale, not Elan (Nale not not-nale), then nailed Elan by leaving Elan, not Nale, in Jail. (now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail).

alanajoli
2006-11-02, 10:13 PM
Thog say's:

That's not nale: he's Elan. (not nale. not-nale.) I helped Nale to capture Elan(thog help nale nail not-nale); I didn't nail Nale (not nale). I tied up Elan while Nale got him drunk/did the switch (thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale). Nale, not Elan (Nale not not-nale), then nailed Elan by leaving Elan, not Nale, in Jail. (now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail).

Ha! I came over to the forums just to praise this bit, and I think it's lovely that there's been a translation. I was dizzy after reading it the first time. Just brilliant.

mikeejimbo
2006-11-02, 10:21 PM
Thog say's:

I have to agree. That's a perfect "talky-person" translation.

Sliverghost
2006-11-02, 10:27 PM
TY now it makes sence

fractal
2006-11-02, 11:52 PM
Elan, of course, is not approaching his problem from the correct angle. You don't tell the police, "I'm innocent, let me go", that's not for them to decide anyway. You tell the police, "the guilty guy is still out there, make sure he doesn't escape".

tadfoal
2006-11-02, 11:58 PM
Look at it like this; he's smarter than he was, for some reason. Be thankful. And pray he keeps going like this :).

And as a sweet side effect, that means he noticed Haley... even if he only noticed her after she'd left. With his brother. That has to hurt.

Fat Daddy
2006-11-03, 12:25 AM
I think pretty much everything has already been said about this strip but I just had to add in my two cents.

I love :thog:
I have to go wipe away these tears of laughter now.

Yzorth
2006-11-03, 01:46 AM
Again, great strip. As I said before, there doesn't seem to be a real reason why Elan would realize that Haley likes him now as opposed to any other time. That would be my only issue about the strip. That is, of course, assuming that Elan did actually realize that Haley likes him (and possibly visa versa). I'm sure whatever confusion I have will be cleaned up by Rich. It has been in loads of previous strips. Just another reason why Rich is awesome of course.

O ya. NEW SMILELYS ROCK!!!!

(Now if I could only figure out how to use them...

Wunderhund
2006-11-03, 03:26 AM
so sad, how is he going to prove that he's innocent?! HOW?!?!
Keep in mind Elan is Chaotic Good. That means that, unlike Roy, he has no particular motivation to submit to Cliffport's system of justice. Given an opportunity to escape, he will take it. And it's not it'll be hard to convince Thog to break them both out. I eagerly await the forthcoming adventures of Thog and Elan!

Blood
2006-11-03, 07:40 AM
Aww, Elan's last line was cute.

I wonder if Thog will accidentally repeat Elan's words to the Order?

Meh, maybe not. But the prospect of Thog and Elan working together is hilarious.

This strip was pretty good. Thog's little dialogue was awesome.

charik
2006-11-03, 09:22 AM
Again, great strip. As I said before, there doesn't seem to be a real reason why Elan would realize that Haley likes him now as opposed to any other time.
He's not realizing that Haley likes him, he's realizing that he has feelings for Haley above and beyond those for the rest of the Order. Look at the expression on his face as he reels off their names: he's upset angry that Nale might kill any of the others, but upset heartbroken that Nale might kill Haley. And in the last frame, I don't think it's that he feels he needs to warn Haley specifically, but that his thoughts are exclusively on Haley and the others don't even qualify for an afterthought.

O ya. NEW SMILELYS ROCK!!!!

(Now if I could only figure out how to use them...
Type
:name:
where you replace 'name' with the name of the character whose face you want.

Eva of Banjo
2006-11-03, 11:16 AM
"Thog too pretty for jail." Thog awesome, me love Thog! :thog:

mikeejimbo
2006-11-03, 12:36 PM
Thog made of awesome. Dipped in sprinkles.

LynGrey
2006-11-03, 03:43 PM
i love "no,thog guilty"

RiderofStorms
2006-11-03, 03:49 PM
Ohhhhh! How sad! It just make one want to cry out for Elan! It's just perfect how he realizes that Haley could die, then grows near desperate. ^^ Such an awesome comic, thanks Giant ^^
Poor Elan...Man, I can't wait to see how this plays out!
Also Thogs speech was a touch of genious! Lol, I loved tyring to decifer it :) and of course "Thog to Pretty for Jail"
Now i'm curiuos if Thog is going to be rescued by Sabine or not.

AyuVince
2006-11-03, 05:47 PM
That was absolutely brilliant. Now that Nale is part of the OotS, our heroes not only have TWO evil aligned dudes in their team (Belkster and Nale), the Linear Guild also for the first time has a good aligned member! Well, not that there's much left of the Linear Guild. Sabine ushered Pompey away and now follows Nale to Azure City, Leeky has been captured, ran away, whatever, and Yokyok was turned into a movie snack.

"Two guys Linear Guild buddy movie", anyone?

Blacksword
2006-11-03, 08:35 PM
Fabulous, fabulous comic. Somehow, I find the ending even more powerful and more deeply moving than the dissolution of Durkon and Hilgya's relationship in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0084.html . Great work, Giant.

Here's hoping Elan really will get a happy ending when the whole story eventually comes to a close.
:elan:

kirbsys
2006-11-03, 09:44 PM
Lol maybe Elan realized he's in love with haley but is too un-smart to realize its love. But being a Bard I think he understands less tangible things like love and emotions better than most. Just a thought.

Nazzo, the 102nd
2006-11-03, 09:56 PM
The fact that Elan will have to THINK of something to warn Haley is intriguing... Character development.

Maybe he gained a level multiple of 4 and added a bonus point in Intelligence.:smallbiggrin:

Nazzo, the 102nd
2006-11-03, 10:45 PM
Woot! LAST post! :smallwink:

keybounce
2006-11-10, 02:52 PM
Not last, not-last. Last not last, last last last until not-last.

(Sorry :-).