PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Pro-Wrestler Style Build

ArgentChimera
2013-01-03, 09:51 PM
I read through the threads and didn't find anything specifically relating to this idea, but to be honest I haven't figured out the best way to search threads here (and am probably blindly missing a 'search' feature -- pointers welcome).

My original idea was a Performance Combat-oriented build for the Skull and Shackles campaign (as per my previous thread), but I couldn't find any suggestions on how to reliably do well at the checks involved, so I thought I'd change tack a little. I realise that the build isn't entirely optimal from the outset, but I'd like advice on tweaks and direction to make a showy brawler type with a primary focus on grappling.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Str:16 +2 (Human)
Dx:14
Con:15
Int:10
Wis:12
Cha:14

Focused Study
Heart of the Fields

Buccaneer's Blood
Quick at Hand

1 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist) -- Intimidating Prowess
2 Monk (Martial Artist) -- Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple
3 Monk (Martial Artist) -- Throw Anything, Equipment Trick (Rope)
4 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)
5 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist) -- Enforcer
6 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)
7 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist) -- Greater Grapple
8 Fighter (Gladiator, Brawler) -- Chokehold
9 Fighter (Gladiator, Brawler) -- Extra Rage Power(?)
10 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)
11 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist) -- Rapid Grappler

I've already entered the character and asked for a revision so the Level 1 entry is set, but everything thereafter is flexible. Would it be more useful to go with Weapon Focus (Grapple) at Level 5 and Dazzling Display at Level 9? Or some other combination utilising Intimidate and Grapple? I took a second level of Monk for the free 'Throw Anything' feat, which seemed useful with the Equipment Trick (along with the reduced penalty to Hogtie) especially if I'm spending time aboard ship. Further, I'm not sure on which Rage powers to take, or when.

Any advice, comments or other feedback would be dearly appreciated.

Acanous
2013-01-03, 10:05 PM
There is a monk archetype which gets to grapple someone despite Freedom of Movement. You're going to want that, and probably want to delay multiclassing until that point. (Freedom of Movement? Too bad! Waluigi time!)

ArgentChimera
2013-01-03, 10:56 PM
Is that the Tetori Monk? While that does seem the most appropriate, there's a bit of an alignment clash there. :( I can't quite see the character having a sudden lawful change of heart amongst pirates, but you never know...

EDIT: Added alignment. Thank you very much for the response!