PDA

View Full Version : Question about Master of East Wind/other PrC

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-03, 10:05 PM
Hello,
Was wondering if it's possible to get a summary of the abilities of Master of the East Wind PrC somewhere on the interwebz. Is it OGL? Is outlining stuff from Dragon Magazine's on forums and such verboten? I did a simple google search and came up empty, which I found curious, since the PrC itself is mentioned in numerous places. Always sans details, though.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Vaz
2013-01-03, 10:29 PM
A Master if the East Wind is a Monk Prestige Class requiring climb, and 3rd Level Arcane Casting and Ko Strike (Magic), granting 10/10 Spellcasting Progression, stacking monk levels, 1/2 Familiar progression and Air Domain part way through.

If you can get a Wisdom based Arcane Caster it'll do well. Can imagine it stacks well with an Ascetic Mage.

The other Masters of the Wind;

North; 9/10 Spellcasting and Wildshape Monk
South; Bardlike casting and SA progression every 2nd level Monk
West; Cleric Turning Monk

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-04, 12:13 PM
Thanks. I'm actually playing an Intelligence-based monk via Carmendine Monk, from Champions of Valor. Thus, I am looking for stuff, besides Abjurant Champion, that will help with both offense and spellcasting. The familiar boost would be nice, since I only have 1 wizard level, but I guess full spellcasting was the main attraction. Air Domain might also be nice.

Fouredged Sword
2013-01-04, 12:16 PM
Trade your familiar away for a class feature and get it back as a feat. This allows your familiar to be increased by all arcane casting classes.

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-04, 12:28 PM
So far I actually have very few open feat slots. Monks are extremely feat thirsty, IMHO. But I agree, that feat is very useful for multiclass arcane types.

Does anyone have a quick link to somewhere with a list of ACFs that trade familiar for w/e? I could possibly be tempted, though this would be down to some future retraining, since I'm already using the character.