PDA

View Full Version : OOC - Heroes and Dreamers

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-19, 08:45 PM
Oh! Alright. Still - negative energy and bullet immunities.

HopeHubris
2013-07-20, 12:16 AM
Okay, will save: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Grim ranger
2013-07-20, 02:25 AM
[roll0] (Perception)

HopeHubris
2013-07-20, 03:30 AM
Re Will Saving [roll0]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 04:22 AM
You're Entranced, with a new Will save each round to throw it off.

Which means it's time to start operating in rounds for sure. I believe only Chameleon rolled init previously with 7 total. Just to speed things along:

Gentleman: [roll0]
Jackknife: [roll1]
Kowalsky: [roll2]
Vanguard: [roll3]

Villains (Averaged): [roll4]

Headcase won't have an action this round. If anyone's opposed to me rolling init (or I got anyone's init wrong) let me know.

EDIT: So, Gentleman, you get to act before becoming Entranced, if you wish - you feel a psychic compulsion building against you and have moments to act before it focuses on you fully. Once you do, I'll post the villains, and then we'll just be alternating PCs to villains from there.

HopeHubris
2013-07-20, 05:12 AM
That looks promising, I think I just crit and got at least 1 degree for Multi

Grim ranger
2013-07-20, 09:55 AM
Well, let's hope that was enough to do her in...and if it wasn't, I am going to nail headcase with throwing knife from the roof. She won't see this one coming. Chameleon should take Deathwatch out if gentleman and jack manage to incapacitate headcase, but otherwise focus on taking that damned telepath out of the fight as soon as possible.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 02:47 PM
Deathwatch gonna Interpose on that one. Still a full-multiattack crit on him for DC 34. Toughness: [roll0]

Also, any time anyone attacks Headcase, you get a Will check to resist some of her defenses.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 03:16 PM
Forgot Ballistic's Speed check :smallsigh:.

[roll0]

EDIT: So yeah, she'll blunder into the three of you, but doesn't detect any of you, so if you move, your position is again obscured.

Grim ranger
2013-07-20, 03:30 PM
Alright. Couple of questions.

If I do Counter, how can it be written to nullify his attack? Any limits? And I just have to spend a hero point to do so?

Also, would it be possible for me to switch to jumping and leap right from my current spot to Deathwatch's? Jack's Clean Cut is Incurable, so if he hits, the smug bastard won't be healing himself back up.

Oh, and now would be perfect time for Chameleon to incapacitate our mindreader friend.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 03:44 PM
You spend a Hero Point, have to interfere with a power that could logically counter, and make an opposed Power Rank check. Positive energy, negative energy, a Nullify (Dreamer Powers), etc could all work.

Yeah, you have more than enough Leaping to reach Deathwatch in a move action.

Grim ranger
2013-07-20, 03:57 PM
You spend a Hero Point, have to interfere with a power that could logically counter, and make an opposed Power Rank check. Positive energy, negative energy, a Nullify (Dreamer Powers), etc could all work.

Yeah, you have more than enough Leaping to reach Deathwatch in a move action.

Hmm... Could revealing myself and jumping at Deathwatch with blade held high be enough of a counter, since I bet that would distract him? :smallconfused:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 04:23 PM
Hmm...I'd say you could resolve that as a Trick attempt to get him to blast you rather than the crowd. Of course, Trick uses Deception (Intimidation would work just as well in this instance)...and social skills aren't exactly Jack's best friends.

Grim ranger
2013-07-20, 04:48 PM
Hmm...I'd say you could resolve that as a Trick attempt to get him to blast you rather than the crowd. Of course, Trick uses Deception (Intimidation would work just as well in this instance)...and social skills aren't exactly Jack's best friends.

Ah, damnit. Jack really doesn't have anything that could block that, I don't think :smalleek:

Someone save the civies?

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-20, 07:39 PM
Alright. Is there a concievable way for me to just interpose my way into the negative energy attack? Even if it's not necessarily a counter.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-20, 07:48 PM
It's a 30' radius blast. There's like...eh...[roll0] people in the area. You could spend a Hero Point to get Interpose, but that'd still only protect one of them.

Theoretically, it could also be possible to Power Stunt a counter-capable power, if you don't have one standard.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-20, 07:59 PM
Hmm. Not quite, but if I make an attack roll successfully, I can autograb and start suffocating them.

Jallorn
2013-07-20, 11:58 PM
Nobody take it personally, Kowalsky's just used to commanding. :smallbiggrin:

God I hope he knows what he's doing. :smalleek:

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-22, 03:56 AM
Acrobatics: [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-07-22, 10:23 AM
Will post later today, just really busy right now.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-22, 01:29 PM
No worries. Did I manage to shoot myself in the foot here? Gentleman had an explicit turn because he was the only one who beat the villains in initiative. Now that their turn has passed, all PCs (including Gentleman again) are on turn and can post in whatever order is convenient.

HopeHubris
2013-07-22, 08:36 PM
I can't actually do anything this turn, so I'll just roll my will save: [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-07-22, 11:03 PM
Can I use a hero point to instant counter Smash'n Grabs attack by successfully dodging it?

I'll assume I can and post accordingly if not I'll edit the post later:
HP: 8

HopeHubris
2013-07-22, 11:14 PM
Might as well burn some hero points now :smalltongue:
Re-rolling the terrible will save: [roll0]
Rerolls get +10 if they're under 10 right? I think this is a 23, so, yay

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-23, 12:40 AM
Can I use a hero point to instant counter Smash'n Grabs attack by successfully dodging it?

I'll assume I can and post accordingly if not I'll edit the post later:
HP: 8

I think you can boost things by +2 for a Hero Point, which would indeed bring your Parry above his attack roll.

Might as well burn some hero points now :smalltongue:
Re-rolling the terrible will save: [roll0]
Rerolls get +10 if they're under 10 right? I think this is a 23, so, yay

Yep.

Grim ranger
2013-07-23, 01:55 AM
Well, we could definitely use the fox boy now... Can he be NPC'd for this fight, since we really need some of that forcefield action right now :smalleek:

HopeHubris
2013-07-23, 02:18 AM
Where did he go?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-23, 02:19 AM
Ah, you guys can handle it! :smallbiggrin:

'Sides, it's not like saving the civilians is required to win the fight or anything.

Granted that's pretty much your only job as Heroes on Call and how people remember your time of service will almost certainly depend on what happens here and you have a grand and glorious tradition of comic book heroes to live up to or fail in shame...not to mention that if you can pull it off you'll all start the next "session" with two Hero Points rather than one...

...But ya know, no pressure or anything. :smallsmile:

And yes, I can think of ways the three of you who haven't acted yet could save them. Might take power stunting, but they're there.

EDIT: I'm not sure where he went. He didn't answer my "are you still around" PM from a while ago, although I've seen his player active on the boards, so I assume he just dropped the game.

And just as I was bringing his backstory and such into play::grumble mutter:::smallamused:

In-character, I'm working on the assumption that he's at home taking care of his somewhat-traumatized sister.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-23, 07:00 PM
I'm not...well, crap. Could I power-stunt a form of multiattack to take full advantage of my limbs and catch that negative blast?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-23, 07:30 PM
Hrm...I'm looking at what I have for the power, it is Ranged, not Perception, which does suggest a projectile that could be intercepted. That said, it'd still detonate if you intercepted it, just perhaps a bit early. So...I suppose you could, but it wouldn't necessarily protect everyone.

Positive energy, your own application of negative energy, Dreamer Power Nullification, Healing/Health Boosting type stuff, are all things that could work to actually counter (if the rank check succeeds, of course).

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-23, 08:11 PM
And I don't have the hero points for this either. ._.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-24, 05:27 PM
Well...after thinking about it some, I realize I appear to have broken the Cardinal Rule of GMing M&M - when the players are trying to spend a Hero Point to do something cool and heroic, your job is not to try and pedantically figure out why it wouldn't work.

So uh...that's my bad, guys. Sorry 'bout that :smallredface:.

Revising interpretations. Jack, in response to your idea of distracting him by leaping at him, maybe something like Leaping #, Enhanced Deception # as a Power Stunt.

Chameleon, in response to trying to jump in the way of the blast and take it yourself...I'll allow it. If your immunity to negative is up, you can use your Immunity ranks as a Counter (Hero Point for Instant Counter) attempt to absorb the thing harmlessly (gee, QD, ya think maybe Immunity makes perfect sense as a Counter, maybe?) If it's not up, you can take the thing on yourself (Hero Point for Heroic Feat [Interpose])...but Extras that go to providing and improving the Area nature of it will be converted to Extras that improve the effect it has as you take the full force of the negative energy entirely upon yourself.

Naturally, other options are also on the table.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 06:37 PM
Switching Immunity: Telepathy for Immunity: Negative Energy. I can only change one array per turn, correct?

It is up. Not quite sure if my concealment will stay active.

So I need to make a roll for the counter, here?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-24, 06:57 PM
Yep, roll Immunity ranks vs. DC [roll0]. If that fails, you might still trigger an early detonation, and I'll roll for how many people are outside of the area.

EDIT: ...

:smalleek:

Or I could roll a natural 20 on the opposed power rank check and just, ya know, crush all hopes. That...that works too, I suppose.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 07:00 PM
Can we just say that the dice don't give a **** about my life? This is the second time today. :smallfrown:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-24, 07:06 PM
Mmkay. Well. There were ten people in the area originally. Let's go with 2d6-2 now being outside of it. The good news is, you remain immune regardless.

[roll0]

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 07:10 PM
Hang on.

That's for the immunity. Now, I also wonder if Elongation and Multiple Limbs would count as bonuses, for the purposes of shielding.

Edit: DERP

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 07:12 PM
Immunity: [roll0]

There's my roll. Flubbed before. >.>

Edit: ...

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-24, 07:13 PM
How much Elongation and how many limbs do you have currently?

EDIT: ...Wow...um...

Look, I'm sorry. You just countered a nat 20 with a nat 1. I...don't think there's anything more we can do here. :smallfrown::smalleek:

So, Chameleon, Jack, and Kowalsky all have actual turns still (Jack and Kowalsky could potentially try an interrupt still as well, but at this point, I'm not sure I recommend it...)

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna update my IC post to reflect this.

In any case. Is her concealment still active, or no?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-24, 07:23 PM
Your Concealment would be, but with Telepathy Immunity off, you can be detected by Headcase.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-27, 03:30 PM
I believe Jackknife and Kowalsky still have turns to take...?

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-28, 10:14 AM
Yes. Yes they do.

I suppose we're waiting to see what comes of the other attacks, though.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-28, 01:52 PM
Ah. Let's see...Vanguard missed, your damage roll didn't beat Toughness, but your Grab roll succeeded by two degrees, so he's Defenseless, Immobile, and Impaired (technically those are normally a Resistance check from the opponent, but attacker rolling actually makes it easier on me since I don't have to roll and edit).

Jallorn
2013-07-28, 02:01 PM
Kowalsky isn't doing anything. I thought that was obvious, guess not. I'll post something about him moving closer within an hour.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-28, 11:45 PM
._.

Duuuude. Kowalsky's got hero points - I don't.

People. Dying. Do something.

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 01:20 AM
I really don't see any way that Kowalsky could conceivably counter Negative Energy. Maybe I'm just not being creative enough, but to Kowalsky's mind, as long as he can't do anything, he's more use hidden. He's a tactician in that way, he's really not a selfless hero. He's more of a, "Greatest possible good without doing evil," kind of guy. Comes from being a special agent.

I'ma look especially close at my stuff and see if I can come up with something. Ooh, possible idea.

Alright, with an appropriate Technology check, could I power stunt my gun? Specifically the ice grenades so that they make a wall of ice instead of a burst of cold? I'm hoping my three ranks of quickness will enable me to do that quickly enough.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-29, 01:44 AM
Well, I already tried to counter that.

You could try going after Headcase though.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-29, 01:48 AM
Alright, with an appropriate Technology check, could I power stunt my gun? Specifically the ice grenades so that they make a wall of ice instead of a burst of cold? I'm hoping my three ranks of quickness will enable me to do that quickly enough.

Sure. Technology DC would be 10 + point cost, similar to inventing.

If you're planning to counter, you'll still also need to spend a Hero Point for the Instant Counter.

Grim ranger
2013-07-29, 01:46 PM
[roll0] (Will)

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-29, 02:09 PM
Headcase Toughness: [roll0]

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 03:52 PM
What would the required volume be for a wall to protect the civillians?

I'm planning on using the Create power.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-29, 03:53 PM
Let's go ahead and say "whatever volume is necessary to beat the opposed power rank check" ([roll0])

EDIT: ...The RNG does not want you guys to save these civilians.

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 04:12 PM
But see, what exactly does that mean? I was wondering more what the area coverage of the power was, because then I could fill a line of squares that would block the power. So I guess: what area do I need to block? The opposed power check would get involved when the energy has to try to break through the ice wall. No?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-29, 04:32 PM
Ah, okay. Well, let's see.

It's a 30' radius blast. The intent was to center it on AG:AH 19:20, where it would have caught ten people. Figure you guys can block it around AG:AH 16-17, at which point, if it beats the counter, it hits five people.

It's 30' radius. So really, you'd want the wall to be 30' high by 60' long to flat out block the thing. I'd estimate half that size in either dimension would be sufficient that the "spread" doesn't go far enough beyond it to actually get anyone. For a 1" thick wall, that's 75 cubic feet, for a minimum Create rank of 7. As it happens, that wouldn't be enough to beat that power rank check in any case (well, with a 20 you improve the degree by one and would only have one degree of failure, so that would pull a success). So, basically, you want as high a rank as you can pull off, with a minimum of 7.

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 04:59 PM
Well, I can manage Create Rank 9, for a maximum 15 cubic meters, which is just over 529 cubic feet. I'm going to go with a half foot thick (that's still a solid wall) wall measuring just over 40'x25', just to be sure of the clearance.

In order to do this, I need to make a DC 28 check (not at all certain) and then succeed on the power check.

In order to make this possible, I'm going to spend three Hero Points.

The first is to enable the counter, the second is to power stunt the create power, and the last is to power stunt my senses enhancements to instead enhance my Technology check (so I get a +7 on the roll).

Here goes nothing.
Technology: [roll0]

Actually, can I lump all my mental hardware enhancements together by their descriptor and transfer all of them to the Technology check: he's using every bit of spare brain (and computer) power to work on this problem. Except Quickness, because that already applies to the problem. If I can do that, I get another +5 to the technology check. But I can't use my radio, understand languages other than English or communicate with machines, nor can I enhance my senses at all... for a round.

Edit: yeah, without that +5, all I can manage is power level 7, and then I'd have to get extra lucky with the power check.

Edit 2: Also, gotta go do some dishes. Be back within 20.

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 05:30 PM
Back. Still need a ruling on that +5 to know whether I can pull this off or not. :D

I suppose I do still have a few more Hero Points, don't I?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-29, 05:51 PM
I believe you can only power stunt off one power at a time (though you could spend more Extra Effort/Hero Points to do multiple ones). But if you're converting your Senses 7 to Enhanced Technology, you'd get +14 (well, +13 since that would cap you at 20), since skills are 1 PP/2 ranks.

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 06:21 PM
Oh, hey, you're right! Cool, so that works then.

Alright, post and power check coming up.

Jallorn
2013-07-29, 07:13 PM
And reroll?

[roll0]

Even worse. Alright, I'm going to ask everyone else: should I burn my last Hero Points on protecting the civvies?

Grim ranger
2013-07-29, 07:21 PM
And reroll?

[roll0]

Even worse. Alright, I'm going to ask everyone else: should I burn my last Hero Points on protecting the civvies?

You forget that hero point re-rolls add 10 to any dice result underneath 10... Or that much I have understood from listening to the GM. :smalltongue:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-29, 07:30 PM
That's correct, although it still doesn't meet the DC :smallfrown:. And I believe you can only reroll a given check once.

EDIT: Huh, actually, a cursory check doesn't indicate that limit. Still, he rolled high, so it'd be a real tough check to beat.

Grim ranger
2013-07-30, 06:15 AM
[roll0] (Will save)

And just in case it does not work, using Hero Point to reroll.

[roll1] (Will save)

Edit: Yep, I am in trouble now. :smallannoyed:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-30, 01:52 PM
Jack you're Stunned until you can make a DC 22 Will save.

Gentleman beat the Will by two degrees, so Headcase's Active Defenses and Toughness are quartered against his attack (and I believe she's out of Luck from her previous fight with him). So, Toughness DC 29: [roll0].

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-30, 02:46 PM
Perception: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-30, 04:13 PM
Deathwatch's Strength Resistance vs. the forced movement: [roll0] (DC 17).

Smashy has Impervious Toughness 16, so he's immune to Damage rank 8 or less.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the -2 for Impaired, so that is a failure.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-30, 11:00 PM
can I pay a hero point to turn the 16 to a 26?

You could spend a Hero Point to reroll and add 10, but as it happens a 16 hits (Smashy's at -2 on active defenses this round).

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-30, 11:01 PM
That would have been an excellent post to do his Toughness save in...

[roll0]

shugyosha
2013-07-30, 11:03 PM
16 toughness? I'm going have to drop a building on him or something.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-31, 02:53 AM
Or just hope he doesn't roll above a thirteen. :smallannoyed:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-02, 06:04 PM
Let's see...DC 23 + 5 crit. I'mma say that is a surprise attack (because seriously...) so her Dodge is 8, so another +5 for multiattack...

Toughness DC 33: [roll0]

If total is 18 or below, she'll spend one of her two Luck rerolls:
[roll1]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-04, 07:48 PM
Deathwatch Dodge vs. Snare (DC 17): [roll0] after -2 for Impaired. Since he's currently Defenseless, I figure he can't roll Dodge to halve the rank.

Chameleon is also in the area, so go ahead and roll two Dodge checks, one to halve the rank, one to resist the effect itself.

I'll have a post for next turn up tonight.

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-04, 10:12 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jesus ****ing christ. :smallfurious:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-04, 10:35 PM
Deathwatch Toughness (DC 27 from auto-crit): [roll0] after the -2 from Impaired (yes, Deathwatch's Toughness is nuts, not Impervious though).

HopeHubris
2013-08-06, 10:49 AM
1s are lovely, reroll ahoy, [roll0]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-06, 01:34 PM
Will check? Not that it likely matters, but it reduces her Toughness as well as her Active Defense.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-06, 06:30 PM
Smash'n'Grab Toughness (DC 25): [roll0].
Smash'n'Grab Will (DC 20*): [roll1].
Headcase Toughness (DC 34): [roll2]**.

*I assume you're using Accurate Attack for 4, yeah?
**Potentially lower pending Gentleman's Will check. It doesn't matter, oh it doesn't matter so hard.

Grim ranger
2013-08-10, 12:03 PM
Rerolling the poor attack with hero point, since there is no sense in holding back on those now.

[roll0]

Edit: And that would be a crit.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-10, 10:27 PM
Toughness (DC 28): [roll0].

If total is 18 or less, she'll use a Luck Reroll:
[roll1]

EDIT: Another -1 and another round of Dazed.

Grim ranger
2013-08-12, 05:43 PM
I think that was everyone? Or are we still waiting on someone? :smallconfused:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-12, 06:17 PM
I believe Kowalsky has a turn still.

Jallorn
2013-08-13, 12:29 AM
Sorry about that, been a really busy week.

Geeze, this is becoming a little bit of a habit, isn't it? I need to fix that.

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-16, 05:36 PM
Dodges: [roll0] [roll1]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-16, 11:03 PM
Just so you guys know, I moved this week, so my posting schedule is pretty wonky right now. Short posts I can usually do, but it may be a couple days before I can do a full round resolution. Sorry! :smallfrown:

Grim ranger
2013-08-19, 11:26 AM
Just so you guys know, I moved this week, so my posting schedule is pretty wonky right now. Short posts I can usually do, but it may be a couple days before I can do a full round resolution. Sorry! :smallfrown:

It's all good! I am glad to hear this will continue :smallsmile:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-20, 01:41 AM
And forgot Deathwatch's Dodge checks:
[roll0] (DC 17)
[roll1] (DC 17)

Also, internet is stable again. Posting the new round shortly.

Grim ranger
2013-08-20, 04:22 AM
Attack roll was not so great, so using another Hero point to reroll the dice and hoping it will go better this time.

[roll0] (Serrated Throwing Blade)

Edit: Since result was 7 on reroll, it is actually 17... which combined with +12 to hit equals 29. Should be enough to hit Ballistic, but I barely miss critical hit this time around :smallannoyed:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-21, 03:03 AM
Ballistic Toughness: [roll0]
Deathwatch Toughness: [roll1]

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-21, 03:06 AM
Alright. Since the ice resolved as soon as it was shot at me, I'm going for Immunity: Negative Energy and Immunity: Bullets this round.

HopeHubris
2013-08-22, 11:33 AM
I get the feeling a 2 misses :smallredface:

shugyosha
2013-08-23, 06:05 PM
Toughness
[roll0]
Strength
[roll1]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-23, 07:42 PM
Knockback Blow (linked 12 str move object): I want him to fly back into Deathwatch. Do I have to pay a hero point for this? If so I will.

Nope. Smashy'll get a Strength Resistance check to resist the forced movement is all, and if he fails, you can launch him at Deathwatch with a normal ranged attack roll with your Move Object power (and Deathwatch is still Defenseless).

Smash'n'Grab Toughness (DC 27): [roll0]
Smash'n'Grab Strength (DC 22): [roll1]

EDIT: Nat 1 and Nat 20. Huh.

That's a Stagger, though. He's out of Luck from his previous battle with Jack.

Jallorn
2013-08-26, 09:35 PM
Toughness Save: [roll0]

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-27, 12:08 PM
Self-Sacrifice = Hero Point? It would be under her semi-partially suicidal bit, since Jack still has a life he can live.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-27, 12:16 PM
Fair enough, +1 Hero Point (and Deathwatch aggro :smallamused:) to Chameleon.

As it happens, I know I'm not as attentive as I could be with regards to Complications, so if you're doing something based on one or one of them seems to be cropping up, it's probably not a bad idea to let me know.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-27, 12:19 PM
I'll edit the attack in after I know if it actually does something, don't want to describe him being competent if he's going to miss again :smalltongue:

Not only does something, but with his All Out Attack it gets the full Multiattack bonus.

Deathwatch Toughness: [roll0] (DC 27)
Smash'n'Grab Toughness: [roll1] (DC 29)

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-27, 12:20 PM
Rerolling the Finishing Attack: [roll0]

Edit: ...ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME. :smallfurious:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-27, 12:22 PM
Your original roll hit just fine, and I don't think particularly high results help a Finishing Attack (unless it's also a Multiattack). Not deducting a Hero Point for that, since there wasn't any way it could have improved your standing, best I can tell.

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-27, 12:28 PM
*facepalm*

Yeah, yeah...:smallfrown:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-27, 12:48 PM
Whoops...just realized something, Deathwatch has to spend one of his two Luck Rerolls from last round's attack. Forgot to add the -2 from Impaired to his Toughness Saves (forgot this round too, although it's not as critical).

[roll0]

Grim ranger
2013-08-30, 03:41 AM
[roll0] (Fortitude save)

If the result is below 22, using Hero point to roll again.

[roll1] (Hero point reroll)

Edit: Jack just has no luck at the moment, does he. Alright then.

Grim ranger
2013-08-30, 01:36 PM
So, uh... How much fortitude did Jack lose to this, exactly? :smallconfused:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-30, 02:23 PM
Three points of Stamina. You lose one per point you fail the check by.

Grim ranger
2013-08-30, 03:09 PM
Probably one of my last hero points going here... If I in fact have none left, disregard this.

[roll0] (Clean Cut + Monomolecular blade)(Reroll)

Quellian-dyrae
2013-08-31, 04:04 AM
By my count, that's the fifth Hero Point you've spent this battle, and you started it with eight.

Deathwatch Toughness: [roll0] (DC 33).

If the total is below 23, he'll use his last Luck Reroll:
[roll1].

Grim ranger
2013-08-31, 09:30 AM
...he didn't lose ANYTHING from that, did he. :smallannoyed:

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-31, 11:35 PM
Are we still counting that he's restrained, immobile, half-frozen...all them fancy ****in' penalties?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-01, 12:40 AM
Yep. By all rights, that should have at least eaten his last Luck Reroll. But...natural 19, what can you do?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-04, 01:14 AM
You'll be happy to know that the Hero Point bonus triggers on less than an 11. So that's technically a 20. So that's technically a crit :smallcool:.

Smash'n'Grab Toughness (DC 34): [roll0].
Smash'n'Grab Strength (DC 29): [roll1].

Jallorn
2013-09-06, 10:44 AM
I'm a little uncertain about something. Ballistic is up on top of a parking garage, yes? How difficult would it be for Kowalsky to chase her?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-06, 11:16 AM
Ballistic is still under the effects of her Cloaking Device, so Kowalsky would need a Counters Concealment (Invisibility) sense to locate her and...probably to have any real hope of chasing her (although, even then, speedster). The last hail of bullets did come from the roof of the parking garage, but that was the round before last.

Jallorn
2013-09-09, 03:40 PM
If I activate Auditory (Analytical 2) can I find overcome the concealment to some extent? I'm figuring I'd probably need Precise to fully overcome, but still.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-09, 04:42 PM
I think her cloak affects all senses. You have enough super-senses that you could certainly Power Stunt a Counters Concealment, though.

Jallorn
2013-09-11, 10:03 PM
I guess I'll just ask one last thing then: can I get up there in one round?

I'm going to post on that assumption.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-11, 10:08 PM
If you are using something to Counter Concealment, there's a spoiler in my last post that was tagged for Jack. You'll be able to open it to see Ballistic's current location.

You've got four ranks of Speed, so you can get pretty much anywhere on this map as a move action.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-11, 10:19 PM
Looks like I also need Deathwatch to roll Toughness against being hit by Smashy. At -2 for Impaired and another -1 for Chameleon's hit (which wouldn't have regenerated QUITE yet): [roll0] (DC 34)

Grim ranger
2013-09-13, 01:07 PM
Alright, people, do we have any kind of strategy here? :smallconfused:

Theprettiestorc
2013-09-13, 03:55 PM
Spending my single Hero Point to Instant Counter with my Healing 10.

Power Stunt: [roll0]

And if it fails...

Toughness: [roll1]
Fortitude: [roll2]
Fortitude: [roll3]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-13, 03:58 PM
Deathwatch Power Rank: [roll0]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-20, 01:59 PM
Deathwatch Toughness (DC 38 (!!!)): [roll0].
Luck Reroll if he rolls 13 or less: [roll1]. (Whoops, forgot to add the 10, should be 34 total, still, more damage and he's out of Luck).
Smash'n'Grab Toughness (DC 29): [roll2]. (And that's an Incap on Smashy, for those yet to act).

shugyosha
2013-09-24, 03:05 PM
Is there anyone else?

Jallorn
2013-09-24, 03:14 PM
Yeah, sorry. I know I've been horrible lately.

Will post in the next half hour.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-24, 03:24 PM
Is there anyone else?

Erm, as it happens, I believe you also have a turn this round :smallsmile:.

Jallorn
2013-09-24, 03:53 PM
Toughness (even though I'd need a 20 to succeed): [roll0]

So what does that leave me at?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-24, 04:03 PM
Staggered and -1.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-24, 04:29 PM
Vanguard can figure Ballistic's position from where the bullets are coming from with that check. Note that she's a Speedster, so she does have incredibly high Dodge/Parry and still receives Total Concealment. Lifeweaver is also still stubbornly clinging to consciousness.

On the subject of incredibly high dodge, Kowalsky's attack is off by one, so a bonus for him (Extra Effort to Heroic Feat a point of the Ranged Attack Advantage, Aid action from Vanguard, etc) would make that a hit.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-24, 04:48 PM
Also is Ballistic behind cover? What kind of cover?

Concealment. She has a Cloaking Device that conceals her from all senses.

Jallorn
2013-09-24, 06:42 PM
Sounds good, I'll Hero Point an extra point.

Oh, or I get an aid action, that works too.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-25, 01:37 AM
Ballistic Toughness: [roll0]

Grim ranger
2013-09-25, 02:17 AM
Well, my fellow good guys, it seems that this caper is at it's end. I have to wonder where we'll go from here. :smallbiggrin:

Jallorn
2013-09-25, 12:59 PM
Can I still use my last two Hero Points if I'm using them to chase Ballistic?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-25, 01:01 PM
Yeah, no problem.

shugyosha
2013-09-25, 01:15 PM
yeah, he'll do something... he has all those points to use.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-25, 01:43 PM
Well let's see, she's moving at Speed 12. Good news is, your previous Counters Concealment is still on (Power Stunts with a duration last for the scene I believe). A standard Extra Effort Boost Speed won't get you there. However, if the senses one is on one of your Communications, you could stunt your Senses 7 to Speed, and with a DC 15 Athletics check, you can keep up...err...

Or, that's what you could do except for the fact that you're Staggered, so you can't double-move and you're Hindered...

shugyosha
2013-09-25, 01:50 PM
Vanguard is Staggered? When did that happen?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-25, 01:52 PM
Kowalsky, sorry. Was responding to his IC post.

Jallorn
2013-09-25, 04:52 PM
It's less about catching and more about attempting to catch.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-27, 02:16 AM
So, where things stand.

You guys have (three of) the people who were basically hired to attack you in custody, so that's pleasant. In the Gentleman's previous interrogation, Headcase had indicated:

1) Erica Cooper contacted them regarding Curtis (though she attests that it was an ill-thought-out attempt to throw them off their game and offer Curtis some protection).

2) Captain Howards provided their mooks with gear, and directed them against Jack (he vehemently denies this, and has suggested that it may be the work of a Rafael Sade, who he says he legitimately sold the technology to for use in the Sentinel Project).

3) Jacob Merr, by all accounts a uniquely boring scientist, wanted them to capture Kowalsky (so far, no contacts have been able to provide any useful information on him, but the suggestion has been raised that you might be able to find out more at IDEA).

4) Some mysterious individual wanted Vanguard for reasons unknown.

5) The Gentleman is apparently far too polite and proper to have enemies :smallamused:.

Regarding other potentially-plot-relevant matters, Jack has put out word that he wants someone to arrange a "chat" with Smash'n'Grab. He and the Gentleman have agreed to try and arrange a (chaperoned) meeting between Cassandra Wright and Erica Cooper. Cooper also offered to try and learn what she could about the attack through her contacts. And Jack has something going on the side there while we're at it.

I...believe that's most of the critical stuff. If you guys want to let me know if/when your sheets are updated, that'd be good. A summary of additions/changes just to make it easy would also be appreciated :smallsmile:.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-27, 02:48 AM
Ballistic Dodge vs. Area: [roll0] (DC 20).
Fortitude: [roll1] (DC 20, 15 if previous succeeds).

Mechanically, I'd call it power stunting off your Flight array for Speed 12, Senses 2 (Counters Concealment ).

EDIT: WOW she botched the dodge check, and took the Stun. [i]Burn.

Theprettiestorc
2013-09-27, 04:32 AM
Immunities: Blades and Negative Energy.
Team Attack(Unarmed): [roll0]
(Damage 7 if this is higher roll.)

Jallorn
2013-09-27, 03:37 PM
Are the people Deathwatch targeted already dead, or is there still a chance to save them?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-27, 04:08 PM
Ehh...yeah, I didn't come out and state it, but there's not really any way they could have lasted this long. :smallfrown:

Chameleon, would you like to resolve your attack as a Finishing Attack on its own merits, or were you just setting up for Jack?

shugyosha
2013-09-27, 06:22 PM
What is the status of Ballistic? I assume that she is still cloaked. Can I power stunt to disable that device?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-09-27, 06:31 PM
Concealment is a Sustained power, so being Stunned means she can't maintain it (fluff-wise, I'd say the shockwave shorted out her device).

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-01, 11:04 PM
I'm kinda at the "rolls are no longer strictly necessary" stage here, unless something significant enough happens that they become necessary :smallamused:. That being said, may as well see if she shakes off the stun: [roll0] (DC 20).

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread, leaving the OOC bit here, moving the IC bit.

Theprettiestorc
2013-10-02, 04:09 AM
Perception: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Theprettiestorc
2013-10-02, 04:13 AM
Ehh...yeah, I didn't come out and state it, but there's not really any way they could have lasted this long. :smallfrown:

Chameleon, would you like to resolve your attack as a Finishing Attack on its own merits, or were you just setting up for Jack?

And I was just setting up for Jack. :smallsigh:

Grim ranger
2013-10-02, 06:46 AM
[roll0] (Perception)

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-20, 03:19 AM
General poke :smallsmile:. Not really sure what everyone's wanting to do here.

shugyosha
2013-10-21, 10:35 AM
On travel, will post something in the next 24.

Grim ranger
2013-11-07, 04:15 PM
Mmk, some edits made to the sheet, and IC post forthcoming in a minute. Hopefully it is not too late to salvage this campaign :smallsmile:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-13, 03:36 AM
Unless we hear from Kowalsky or Gentleman, looks like Vanguard's the only one there, unless he wants to seek out Jack or Chameleon for backup.

Also, Jack:
Was that a cue to start playing the FD? Do you have a premise for its basic personality or should I just make it up?

HopeHubris
2013-11-13, 07:37 AM
Sorry, I've had exams and end of semester assignments, and do until next Thursday-ish, so I haven't had huge amounts of time, I should be able to resume regular posting after that, but until then, assume the Gentleman is generally staying quiet and seeing how the newest generation of 'heroes' does things

Jallorn
2013-11-13, 10:56 AM
As for me, well, I've been busy and stressed (the play performances went fantastically) but not so much that I shouldn't have been able to find time to post something, and for that I apologize. I'll work a little something up.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-13, 02:33 PM
No worries, I've been busier myself, so my posting rate has dropped some as well. Sounds like we're still all here, though! :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2013-11-16, 07:48 AM
I sure hope so! This campaign is just getting good :smallsmile:

HopeHubris
2013-12-23, 10:47 AM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, exams finished a week ago, then my nonno died and I had to travel interstate for his funeral, I'm completely back now and able to resume posting if the game is alive

Quellian-dyrae
2013-12-23, 01:16 PM
Eesh, my condolences. And I'm around if you guys are (albeit, with less GM time than I used to have).